21 Best Contact Management Software Tools in 2022
Looking for contact management software for your business? Your choice will play a role in determining how much you sell.
Whether you’re running a small business or a multinational, you need contact management software that makes sales more efficient while giving you the necessary data to measure results.
Such a tool will help you know how to optimize your sales process and improve team performance.
Many CRM platforms claim to be the best contact management software, making it difficult to choose the right one.
Best Contact Management Software
With this article, we’re making things easier for you by reviewing the below tools:
- Monday.com CRM
- HubSpot CRM
- Really Simple Systems
- Zendesk Sell
- Zoho CRM
- Less Annoying CRM
Best Contact Management Software for Building Customized Pipelines
The Monday.com CRM offers a strong foundation for contact and deal management. The customization options allowed me to tailor pipeline stages to different requirements, move from deals to projects on the same platform, and collaborate with my team to deliver projects on time.Try Monday.com CRM
Monday.com CRM focuses on allowing you to organize your contact data the way you want and design pipelines that work your way.
When you combine the customization options with omnichannel marketing, project management, and Workdocs collaboration, you get the ideal contact management software for all your business needs.
- Contact management: using this CRM for contact management enables you to see the details connected to your contacts. You can view their communication history and activities on the timeline and review their deal to determine how to improve your sales performance.
- Deal management: create unlimited pipelines to manage your deals and filter the data using attributes such as deal size and expected close date. Use automation features to update pipeline records and move deals across pipeline stages.
- Workdocs: diarize your ideas or brainstorm with your team. Embed files in your docs, create checklists, and tag members when assigning tasks. Save time by using templates and adding boards and other elements to get updates on your docs.
- Project management: use the same platform for deal and work management. Plan your projects, auto-create tasks and assign them to team members, track your numbers on customizable dashboards, and share reports with stakeholders.
- Marketing: engage prospects through different channels, run targeted campaigns, monitor progress, and measure the impact. Automate sales processes, share your content calendar, align creative teams, and track sales goals.
- Easy to use
- Highly-customizable workflows
- Free version available
- Customization options could be overwhelming
- Not suitable for big teams
Paid plans range from $8 to $16 per user per month. You can test the plans risk-free for up to 14 days.
Best Deal-focused Contact Management Software
Pipedrive’s focus on closing deals got me wondering whether we need all the features some sales CRM systems offer. The AI-powered sales assistant helped me set up integrations and provided social insights into my contacts’ preferences. The option to turn features on or off gave me control over how my pipeline looked and what it focused on.Try Pipedrive
Pipedrive wants you to hit your sales targets and move the business forward. By seeing what your contacts post online, you can understand their preferences and auto-qualify them.
Enjoy AI-based recommendations for integrations, get personalized productivity tips, measure the impact of your sales activities, and share reports with different stakeholders.
- Contact management: create new contacts and see where they are located. Get additional data from Google, LinkedIn, and Twitter to learn more about your contacts. Use these insights to qualify and prioritize your sales leads.
- Communication management: click to call contacts, review call logs, notes, and recordings to track lead nurturing, and use built-in email templates. You can sync accounts, schedule emails, and track them to measure campaign performance.
- Deal management: create custom fields for your deals and visually track them through the pipeline stages. Turn off the features you don’t need, filter data to analyze deals, and track your pipeline metrics.
- Sales assistant: get tips to improve your productivity and reduce your workload. Automate email sending, auto-create deals, and refine your workflow by setting up rules to trigger automated tasks.
- Reports: use the contact management software data to identify areas of concern and winning patterns. Define your own reporting criteria and pull data from custom fields. Understand your team’s performance, forecast revenue, customize your dashboards, and share reports.
- AI-powered sales assistant
- Excellent deal management
- 24/7 email and chat support
- No free plan
- Not all features are accessible via mobile
Paid plans cost from $12.50 to $99 per user per month when billed annually. You can also test Pipedrive risk-free for up to 14 days.
3. HubSpot CRM
Best Contact Management Software for Engaging Prospects
HubSpot CRM delivered outstanding performance when engaging prospects and optimizing campaigns. Email templates are beautiful and well optimized, reports are visually attractive, and the option to interrupt automated sequences allowed me to factor in new insights into my messages.Try HubSpot CRM
HubSpot CRM gives you powerful tools for engaging prospects through your entire sales cycle. With additional prospect info from over 20M businesses, personalizing your targeted emails becomes easier.
Get insights into your deals and their impact on the business to ensure you’re making solid decisions for increased profitability.
- Email tracking: identify and prioritize warm leads while monitoring email opens and link clicks. Get your contact’s interaction history, personalize email sequences, and schedule emails to go out when they’re likely to be read.
- Sales automation: automate your sales with sequences that include manual steps, auto-create and assign tasks, and add up to 50 contacts to your database at once.
- Email marketing: use your sales CRM data to create relevant messages. Design your own emails or choose a template. A/B test your emails to learn how best to improve engagement and conversion rates.
- Lead management: use predictive lead scoring or a custom scoring criteria to qualify leads. Embed forms on your website, automatically add them to your database, and add company details from 20M+ businesses into your contact management software.
- Deal management: customize your pipeline to fit your sales processes and create deals directly from your contact records. You can monitor progress towards hitting your goals and identify the deals which need extra attention.
- Free version available
- Extensive reporting function
- Detailed analytics
- Paid plans could be costly
- Contact segmenting needs more flexibility
HubSpot CRM has three paid plans, Starter, Professional, and Enterprise, which cost $45, $450, and $1,200 per month.
Best Contact Management System for Sales and Marketing Collaboration
Keap proved to be a tool designed to get sales and marketing teams to work together. Lead capture and nurturing were easy to automate, native support for payment processors ensured faster payments, and the business line gave me a real advantage when communicating with contacts.Try Keap
Keap understands the importance of teamwork and therefore helps sales and marketing teams to collaborate. Choosing Keap CRM for contact management and text marketing will ensure that you’re compliant with data protection laws.
Keap offers one-on-one coaching from experts as well as free migration from some top contact management software.
- Lead management: capture sales leads, enrich their data, and score them to identify which ones to prioritize. Automatically advance leads to the following stages or distribute them to your reps based on their lead scores.
- Email marketing: segment all your contacts based on their interests and send them relevant nurture emails. Choose from a library of beautiful email templates, optimize and A/B test them, and measure results to improve performance.
- Text marketing: reach more leads through personalized text messages. Stay compliant using opt-in options, set up automated replies, view in-app reports, and get strategy courses to improve your results.
- Keap business line: set up automatic replies, record your voicemail message, snooze calls and notifications, and allow sales team members to make calls using the business line.
- Pipeline management: create multiple pipelines and initiate automated follow-ups. Create tasks and assign them to team members, customize your dashboard, and get insight into your sales process through reports.
- Free CRM available
- Automated sales cadences
- Free migration from select platforms
- Limited training content
Keap’s paid plans cost $59 per month for one user, $129 per month for two users, and $199 per month for three users. You can try Keap risk free for 14 days.
Best Contact Management Software for Improving Productivity
Freshsales did a superb job of analyzing the social data of prospects in my contact record database, to give me valuable lead insights. I was then able to segment prospects for calls in local numbers, add context notes, quickly create and share documents, and use Freddy to predict deal success and forecast revenue.Try Freshsales
Freshsales gives you insights into your contacts’ preferences and provides a perspective for your call activities. With local numbers from 90+ countries, engaging a global audience is possible.
You can access the contact management platform via mobile to analyze data, track important numbers, set up automations, and manage your sales pipeline.
- Contact management: enrich every contact record with social data, view engagement history, and use predictive contact scoring to identify high-priority leads. Add contacts from your emails and get notifications about the actions they take.
- Telephony: call your prospects and customers using local numbers from 90+ countries, record the calls and add notes for context. Segment your prospects for personalized phone calls, schedule appointments, and use analytics to understand your sales performance.
- Deal management: auto-create deals once leads have been qualified, identify the hottest deals you need to focus on, and measure progress using time-based sales goals. Get recommendations on the next best action to close deals faster.
- CPQ: automatically create contracts, invoices, and other documents using data from the contact management software. Set up an inventory and link products to deals to see the deal value. Sync documents with deals, send them as attachments, and get notified when prospects open them.
- Freddy AI: use AI to predict deal success, identify performance patterns, and automate actions. Freddy will use data to forecast your revenue, automatically reschedule appointments, interact with your website visitors and book meetings via chat.
- AI-powered deal insights
- Customizable sales sequences
- Support available on the free plan
- Not the most intuitive user interface
- CPQ is a paid add-on
Paid plans start from $15 to $69 per user per month when billed annually. You can test the full-featured CRM risk-free for 21 days.
Best Customer Relationship Management Software For Large Teams
Salesforce is an industry leader that ticks all the boxes for big teams looking for advanced contact management features.
Using territory plans and auto-logging customer visits through geo-fencing, you’ll be able to easily manage remote teams.
You can also monitor email responses, share files with restricted permissions, and leverage AI for lead and opportunity scoring.
- Contact management: view your contact data and interaction history on the same page and leverage web data for insights into your contacts’ preferences. You can also manage your contact management software through the mobile app.
- Files Sync: share documents among team members and allow customers to comment on quotes. Define permissions for viewing and editing, get notified when documents are updated, and use tags to categorize files for faster searching.
- Salesforce Engage: run your campaigns using professionally-designed email templates and track prospect engagement. Monitor email opens and CTRs, filter data on the interactive dashboards, and get notified when recipients take action.
- Deal management: customize Salesforce to fit your stages and processes and view deal details on the activities timeline. See highlights of the activities that need your attention, auto-generate quotes, and email them to customers.
- Lead management: automate lead scoring, decide which rep handles which leads, and track lead sources to know which marketing campaigns have the highest impact.
- Detailed reports
- AI-powered insights
- Detects bounced emails
- Setting up takes time
- Some paid plans require an annual contract
The Salesforce Essentials plan costs $25 per user per month when billed annually. You can try every plan risk-free for 30 days.
Simple CRM System for Small and Growing B2B Teams
Really Simple Systems empowers you to close more B2B deals by making it easy to manage your leads. You can create custom fields for whatever information you want to store, schedule your emails, and segment contacts for targeted campaigns.
The contact management software enables you to customize dashboards using widgets and share reports in PDF format.
- Contact management: get a 360° view of contact records, including call logs, notes, and email interactions. Use custom fields to store data, show the caller’s details, and use advanced search to find what you need.
- Lists and segmentation: create customer profiles based on any criteria you define, including previous campaign responses. Segment your contacts using filters and create a dynamic contact list that populates when sending emails.
- Email marketing: customize emails using the drag-and-drop editor, add your branding, and save them as templates. Personalize emails using CRM data and schedule them to go out when they’re most likely to be read.
- Task and calendars: create recurring tasks, assign them to team members, and set reminders that sync with your calendar. Pending tasks are displayed on the dashboard, while completed tasks are automatically added to the relevant customer’s activities timeline.
- Analytics and reports: understand your campaign performance and use widgets to customize your dashboard. Efficiently track the most important numbers and export reports to share them as PDFs.
- Highly adaptable
- Free version available
- Email and online chat support on the free plan
- More search options needed
- More customization options needed
Paid plans start at $14 per user per month when billed annually. You can sign up for the 14-day free trial to see whether this sales CRM tool meets your needs.
8. Zendesk Sell
Best Contact Management System for Enterprises
Zendesk Sell enables you to customize your sales cycle to different touchpoints based on your lead sources.
Improve your prospecting efforts by accessing a database of 200M professionals and get the opportunity to reach leads via call, email, and text.
You can also build custom solutions using APIs and SDKs.
- Native dialer: automate your dialing through call lists and use notes and call scripts to guide your conversations. Log and record all phone calls and link them to contacts for added context, send text messages, and use call analytics to improve your call outcomes.
- Reach: enhance your contact data and gather more leads by tapping into the data of 20M businesses and 200M professionals. Identify the person you should connect with and engage them using customized email sequences.
- Pipeline management: build your pipeline to reflect the unique stages of your sales cycle, create touchpoints that align with lead sources and interest, and design personalized cadences that push deals down the funnel.
- Email intelligence: improve efficiency by using email templates, automate personalization, and set up sequences to engage your prospects. Track your emails to analyze reads and clicks, and view reports on the impact of your campaigns.
- Reports: dig into your contact management software data to identify trends and performance improvement opportunities. View reports using 20+ chart types, customize every aspect of your reports, add your branding, and export them in different formats.
- Easy to use
- Free CRM for 6 months for qualifying startups
- Perfect sales CRM software for Zendesk users
- Limited third-party integrations
- No free plan
Paid plans start from $19 per user per month and go up to $99 when billed annually, with the free trial lasting for 14 days.
9. Zoho CRM
Best Contact Management Solution for Omni-channel Customer Communication
Zoho CRM is an excellent contact management solution for multi-channel contact engagement. It includes an AI bot called Zia, which enables you to identify issues in your sales pipeline and predict deal success.
Zoho CRM takes things further by providing you with competitor data and gamifying sales to improve team motivation.
- Contact management: engage prospects and customers on all your channels. You can also log your meetings on mobile, review call reports, and sync customer tickets with sales data to build context for more relevant communication.
- Telephony: create a call schedule for your team, set reminders for upcoming calls, and get notified of missed calls. Auto-log your calls, add notes, join ongoing calls, and share call analytics through Zoho CRM reports.
- Deal management: create multiple pipelines for different business processes and view your deals and their accompanying details in the same window. Create personalized quotes, identify bottlenecks in your pipelines, and get competitor data inside Zoho CRM to help you make more effective pitches.
- Motivator: Zoho CRM enables you to define KPIs and motivate your team through competitions. Use the achievements panel to view performance and keep your team focused on closing deals by broadcasting targets on Motivator TV.
- Segmentation: define your lead scoring criteria and segment prospects for targeted campaigns. Use tags to identify and group records, assign them color codes, create appropriate up-selling and cross-selling campaigns, and increase the lifetime value of your customers.
- AI-powered insights
- Reasonably priced
- Basic free plan
- User interface needs an upgrade
- Creating workflows can be challenging
Zoho CRM paid plans start from $12 to $45 per user per month when billed annually. You can test them risk-free for up to 15 days.
Best Contact Management Software for QuickBooks Users
Method:CRM connects sales teams to QuickBooks so that they can gain insights from customer transactions.
With portals, you save time and improve the customer experience, while automations help you focus on critical sales activities. You can also build a custom commission tracker to cater to the unique working styles of your team members.
- QuickBooks sync: sync data between Method:CRM and QuickBooks, create estimates and invoices, track opportunities on Method:CRM, and easily convert leads to QuickBooks customers once the deal is closed.
- Customization: customize your transaction templates by adding custom fields with data populated from QuickBooks. You can also automate repetitive tasks and set up Method:CRM to fit your unique sales processes.
- Lead management: gather leads from your inbox and web forms or import them from other tools into your contact management software. Track your contacts’ activities, analyze the data, and leverage the insights to send personalized emails to help you close deals.
- Time tracking: send customers invoices that include details about the job and the hours worked. Get time records from timesheets and set approval safeguards to review the data and decide when entries will sync to QuickBooks.
- CRM portals: use portals to allow your contacts to update their information, make orders, print invoices, and make payments online. You can also customize portals to enable different self-service options.
- 1 hr of free customization consulting
- Easy to use
- Highly-rated customer service
- No free plan
- Set up could be time-consuming
Paid plans start from $25 to $74 per user per month. You can try Method:CRM for free for 30 days.
Comprehensive Contact Management Software for Cross-departmental Collaboration
EngageBay comes with gamification features to keep your team motivated to close deals. It also helps you avoid the hassle of setting appointments by letting contacts choose from the time you’re available.
This contact management software automatically captures leads from social media, shows you their customer journeys, and tracks their interactions with your team.
- Social suite: monitor social media for brand mentions while managing all your accounts from one place. Schedule posts, engage followers, and automatically add social media leads to the sales CRM system.
- Contact view: view all contact data on one page and track customer interactions on the timeline. Check engagement patterns and response rates, and view customer journeys to understand your contacts’ interests and motivations.
- Email marketing: design emails using the drag-and-drop editor or choose a template. You can filter your contacts using various attributes and create a segmented contact list for targeted email campaigns. Use your metrics to determine how to optimize campaigns for higher ROI.
- Appointment scheduling: let contacts pick appointment date and time while you set daily limits on appointments, auto-create contacts from appointments, and add buffer times to your events. Sync appointments and events with popular calendars and embed your scheduler on your website or social media.
- Sales gamification: use gamification to encourage healthy competition among reps. Measure performance and give rewards based on metrics such as deals closed and generated revenue. You can also publish leaderboards and customize them to your liking.
- Free forever plan
- SMS broadcasts
- Branded emails on the free plan
- Limited template options
- More integrations required
Paid plans start at $13.49 per user per month. The annual billing gives you a 10% discount, while the biennial plan offers a 20% discount.
Best Contact Management Software for Online Businesses
Bitrix24 is an all-round contact management software offering multiple tools for the overall running of your online business. You can use it to engage with website visitors and track customer journeys.
Get your internal teams talking through phone extensions while calling contacts using local numbers and engaging them further through SMS campaigns.
- Contact center: manage customer contacts and track customer activity across social media. You can reply to messages, analyze data, chat with website visitors, and use canned replies to save time and supplement your support team.
- Telephony: call your contacts using local phone numbers while using phone extensions for your internal team. Phone calls can be forwarded, recorded, and transcribed, and details added to the CRM. You can also use voice broadcasts and run SMS campaigns.
- Sales intelligence: track customer journeys to understand motivations and sales funnel performance. View customer interactions, measure marketing metrics, and analyze sales data to learn what needs to change to close more deals.
- Calendar: manage prospecting and selling activities by creating events and scheduling appointments on a calendar. You can create personal and group calendars, make events public or private, invite participants, and assign access rights.
- Task management: create tasks, assign roles, and set permissions at the individual and department levels. Get more done by automating your tasks, distributing customer chats among your support staff, and using email to create tasks for external users.
- Decent free plan
- Advanced CRM features
- Comprehensive social features
- Cluttered user interface
- Limited customization options
Paid plans cost between $39 and $159 per month.
Easiest-to-use Contact Management Platform for Independent Users
Less Annoying CRM is an easy-to-use contact management software that focuses on capturing and nurturing leads. Depending on your needs, you can get up and running in less than 1 hour.
You can associate your contacts with events and tasks, create custom fields to manage unique data types, and get free customization support.
- Contact manager: contact records can include files, calendar events, notes, and tasks, to give more context to your records. Email your contacts through a different program and get the conversations logged in the CRM using the BCC feature.
- Calendar: create events and schedule them, set reminders for upcoming tasks, and sync your calendar with Google Calendar to import/export data. You can also share your calendar with team members and manage events together.
- Collaboration: make teamwork a reality by inviting colleagues to your workspace. Data security is enforced by using personal accounts for every user, while collaboration is made possible by sharing your team’s workspace.
- Customization: customize LACRM without unnecessary complexities. Create all the custom fields you want, set up the workflows you need, and if you need some help, call customer support and they’ll help you set up and customize your account for free.
- Data security: LACRM keeps an online backup while maintaining several offsite copies. You can export all your CRM data any time and keep your own offline copy.
- Extremely easy to use
- Free phone and email support
- Free customization support
- Needs more integration options
- Popular advanced features are missing
Less Annoying CRM has one pricing plan that costs $15 per user per month. You can try it out for free for 30 days.
Most Affordable Contact Management Software for Small to Medium Businesses
Bigin is the perfect contact management software for a small business. It has all the necessary tools for running sales campaigns while keeping your costs low.
Get local numbers for your calls and integrate Bigin with other calling apps. You can set up multiple pipelines, connect with any email provider, and create transition rules to approve moving deals between stages.
- Lead capture: use customizable web forms that are captcha-enabled to protect them against automated scripts. Auto-assign leads to your reps and notify them while ensuring that your operations are compliant with major security guidelines.
- Telephony: log calls and add notes, auto-assign incoming calls to the right reps using personalized IVR, and provide your team with local and toll-free numbers. Integrations are available for 50+ telephony apps.
- Email: capture contact data from Gmail, connect with any email service provider, and set email sharing permissions to protect confidential discussions. You can also customize email templates and measure campaign results.
- Deal management: set up pipelines to track your deals and view deal summaries. You can also create transition rules for moving deals between stages or restrict the closing of stages until approved.
- Activities management: engage prospects using events and check your call logs to understand which stage of the sales process your leads are in. You can also use filters to narrow down your search for specific activities.
- Free forever plan
- Full-featured mobile app
- Extensive integration options
- More workflow customization needed
- User interface needs improvement
There are two paid plans which cost $7 and $12 per user per month. You can test the plans risk-free for 15 days.
Best Contact Management Solution for Relationship Building
Affinity shows you the value of networks and recommends who to connect with to build business relationships and move deals forward.
You can participate in the sales action through your smartphone, get insights that enable you to send relevant messages to contacts, and view progress reports to stay informed on deal statuses.
- Mobile: use your phone to access your sales pipeline and contact data, including historical interactions with your leads. You can update deal statuses after a meeting, share notes, set relationship triggers, and network with connections.
- Analytics: analyze data to determine how to optimize your pipeline and improve team activities. Use insights and performance trends to plan for future deals, and share reports with internal and external stakeholders.
- Alliances: connect your network with that of colleagues and business partners and benefit from the expanded pool of connections. Get insights into organizations you’re targeting, see who your teammates know, and share your network with group members.
- Email extensions: incorporate relationship intel and social insights into your email communication to generate engagement through relevant messages. Avoid manual data entry by updating contact records using the information in your inbox.
- Relationship intelligence: Affinity analyzes the interactions in your relationships to identify who you should connect with to increase your chances of closing the deal. Get a recommended introduction and relationship scores to guide your decisions.
- Relationship insights
- Strong data security
- Easy to use
- Limited integrations
- No free plan
Affinity uses custom pricing. To get a quote, you need to fill out a form with details about your specific needs.
Contact Management System Tailored for Google Workspace
Copper is the obvious contact management software choice for small businesses using the Google Workspace since Google even recommends it.
Copper can populate contact record details from Gmail, Calendar, and social media, auto-create tasks, and track lead activity on your website. You can also use Copper to manage your projects once the deal is done.
- Contact management: automatically fill in contact info and social media insights into your contact manager. Tag contacts for better organization and quick searches, use filters to create targeted lists, and view interaction history on the live activity feed.
- Lead tracking: monitor the activity on your leads to see how deals are progressing and see what needs your attention. Create rules to trigger reminders and assign reps time-based tasks to follow up on hot leads and close the deals faster.
- Marketing: use Copper’s email marketing tools to automate sequences based on different criteria and track which website pages prospects and existing clients engaged with. You can identify the leads your team should prioritize by scoring them based on campaign response.
- Automation: automatically create new tasks, send nurture sequences, change deal statuses, and more. Auto-enrich contact records with scraped data from the internet, run recurring tasks, and trigger actions on your sales pipeline.
- Project management: collaborate on work without shifting to a different tool. Use project boards to design custom workflows and create tasks and view them inside Gmail, while tracking the numbers which show you how everything impacts your revenue.
- Seamless integration with Gmail
- Easy to customize
- No free plan
- No marketing features in the basic plan
Copper has three plans which cost $25, $59, and $119 per user per month. You can test Copper risk-free for 14 days.
Best Contact Management System for Teams Using Office 365 and G Suite
Nimble provides extensive contact management capabilities through its browser extension and mobile app. Enjoy the convenience of setting reminders using your voice and getting notifications on what needs to be done.
You can track emails, create mailing lists, and use templates to initiate a campaign quickly.
- Prospector: set follow-up reminders, send nurturing emails, tag contacts, and review past email and Twitter conversations. Use enrichment credits to get your prospects’ verified email addresses and phone numbers.
- Social insights: empower your teams by adding social data to your contact details. Get company details such as employee count, revenue, CEO details, and more, and use these to craft better messages and close open deals.
- Today page: prepare for the day by viewing your dashboard to see your day’s appointments, tasks, and the state of your sales pipeline. From here, you can identify networking opportunities, learn about your contacts’ interests, and track deals.
- Email marketing: use customizable templates, enable email tracking, view analytics inside Gmail, and send personalized group emails. You can set tracking on or off, mute notifications, create segmented lists, and set follow-up tasks.
- Nimble mobile: view contact data from your email, calendar, and social apps. You can also search through past conversations and get notified when an email is opened or a link clicked. Access all the contact management features through mobile and use voice commands to record notes and set reminders.
- Automatic set up
- Project and task tracking
- Detailed reports
- Enrichment credits do not roll over
- No free plan
Nimble costs $19 per user per month. This annual billing plan gives you a 25% discount. The free trial lasts for 14 days.
Google-integrated Contact Management Software for Teams Working From Gmail
Streak deeply integrates into the Google workspace to extend basic Gmail functionality into a contact management software that incorporates marketing features.
You can use Streak for managing contacts, measuring email engagement,and creating custom workflows. You can also manage work using the in-built project management software.
- Mail merge: send mass emails from Gmail and personalize them for each recipient. Check the interaction history of each contact on the timeline to avoid nurturing mistakes, and track opens and clicks to understand engagement.
- Deal management: use email data to enrich every contact record and view deal information next to your emails. Create unlimited pipelines and color them to highlight and distinguish between them. You can also save custom views of your data.
- Project management: get the job done by collaborating with internal and external teams. Set reminders for task and milestone deadlines, share documents, and measure team performance using in-built formula functions.
- Customization: customize everything from pipelines and workflows to emails and data views. Create custom data columns, add as many pipeline stages as you need, track different data points, and customize reports.
- Email power tools: stay focused by splitting email threads when the conversation goes off-topic, schedule emails to be sent at the perfect time, and create canned responses which can be inserted into emails using shortcuts.
- Easy to set up and use
- Helpful video how-tos
- Canned responses
- No support on the free plan
- Doesn’t show the location of email readers
Streak’s paid plans start at $15 for solo users, with the enterprise plan costing $129 per user per month. You can try Streak for free for up to 14 days.
Best Contact Management Software for B2B Sales Teams
Nutshell focuses on B2B sales teams and comes with various ways of creating new contacts. Lead capture forms are highly-customizable, and submissions can be segmented to create email lists.
You can set rules to automatically assign leads and send follow-ups to engage them, sync Nutshell with other email programs, and track email campaign metrics.
- Contact management: scan business cards and automatically upload the information into the contact management software. You can also create new contacts by syncing Nutshell with your phone or importing customer data from other business tools. Nutshell can also add social media details to your marketing contacts.
- Nutshell forms: you can customize online forms to accommodate multiple choice questions and file uploads. Segment form submissions into lists for email outreach and track metrics such as visits and conversion rate.
- Email marketing: filter your contacts using a combination of attributes and create lists for targeted campaigns. Choose an email template, set up and trigger sequences, track open rates and clicks, and view all interactions on a timeline.
- Sales automation: engage and sell to more of your contacts by auto-assigning leads to reps, automating reminders, moving leads down the funnel based on predefined rules, and sending automated follow-ups.
- Email automation: automatically subscribe or unsubscribe prospects from your contact list, create canned responses and deploy them in seconds, receive emails sent from other email programs, and analyze relevant metrics to improve performance.
- Phone and live chat support for all plans
- Send 150 free emails every month
- Free data importing service
- No free plan
- Email marketing is available through paid add-on
Nutshell has two plans billed annually at $20 and $42 per user per month. You can test Nutshell for free for 14 days.
Highly-visual Contact Management Solution for Collaborating Teams
Insightly is a contact management software with the ability to bring different departments together for project collaboration. It enables you to build contact records by linking relationships and creating appropriate segmented lists.
You can optimize your emails and A/B test them for maximum engagement and conversion while accessing all contact management features through the mobile app.
- Relationship linking: understand customer relationships and contact record connections to gain insight into your prospects. Link contacts based on their interactions to identify new leads, the best path to a connection, and more.
- Marketing: create customer journeys that automatically segment prospects based on their actions. Design campaigns and A/B test them, measure engagement, score leads, and launch your project workflow once the deal is closed won.
- Voice: view a contact’s call history and attached notes. Use local phone numbers and set up personal lines for your reps. Route calls to specific reps, increase call velocity using call lists, and view reports about team productivity.
- Mobile: scan business cards to get the contact details automatically uploaded to your contact list. Access contact data and other contact management features on mobile and collaborate with sales team members to move deals forward.
- Projects: use your CRM data to manage your project and deliver on time. Define your processes and customize them to fit project requirements, break down the work into milestones, collaborate with your team, and sync data with other tools.
- Beautiful user interface
- Reliable collaboration tools
- Free plan
- Voice and marketing features are paid add-ons
- No free support
Paid plans start from $29 for the Plus plan and $99 for the Enterprise plan. All prices are per user per month on annual billing.
Best Contact Management Software for Improving Customer Experience
Salesmate has a powerful search capability that utilizes 50+ filters and allows you to save custom views. Bulk actions enable you to improve efficiency even as you set reminders to stay on top of upcoming tasks.
You can call contacts anywhere in the world, map their journeys, and engage them using text messaging.
- Bulk activities: save time by performing activities on multiple contacts simultaneously. You can improve your sales team’s efficiency by sending emails, text messages, and notifications to several contacts, all at the same time.
- Task management: organize all your sales-related tasks and activities in one place and use reminders to keep track of what needs to be done. You can also create recurring activities and automatically assign tasks to sales reps.
- Contact management: assign tags to your contacts for easy sorting and organizing. Search records using 50+ filters and save the search criteria for future views.
- 360° customer view: view your customers' call records, emails, notes, and activities in one place to understand their needs better. You can map out your customer’s journey and identify areas that need improvement.
- In-built calling: call and send SMSs, record some or all calls, review logs, and leverage call insights to close more deals. You can also call customers across the world using virtual or toll-free numbers.
- Very user-friendly
- Excellent customer support
- Easy integrations
- No templates for sales pipelines
- No free plan
Paid plans cost between $12 and $40 per user per month. You can test Salesmate for free for 15 days.
What Does a Contact Management System Do?
Contact management systems help businesses organize their customer contact information better than through a spreadsheet program.
Other than information like name and address, other data that contact management software will help you store and utilize for sales include:
- Lead source and score
- Preferred contact channel
- Previous responses to email marketing campaigns
- Last contact date and time
- Deal sizes and progress
Using a Customer Relationship Management tool to manage contacts will make your marketing efforts more effective because you’ll have more intel about your contacts.
For example, the best CRM software will enrich your contact information by adding web data from the internet. With such data, you’ll know your customers’ preferences and be able to use that for targeted marketing.
Benefits of Contact Manager Software
Contact management software is an investment that should add value to both big and small businesses.
Here are some of the benefits you can expect from the top contact management systems:
1. Reduced Business Costs
Considering that significant business costs are associated with employee recruitment and retention, contact management software enables you to minimize that cost by reducing the number of employees you need.
With online contact management software, you don’t need IT to maintain the system. Also, the best contact management solution is simple enough to set up and use without any training.
In the traditional way of doing business, you would have required a sales team to collect, verify, and analyze data, and generate periodic reports. However, using online contact management solutions makes all these roles redundant.
2. Increased Productivity
Using CRM for contact management provides an incredible boost to productivity. You get access to reminders, collaboration features, pipeline highlights, and, most importantly, automation.
For instance, instead of doing the same tedious job of adding business contacts into the database, the contact management software can handle that. Rather than keeping tabs on everyone’s schedule and to-do lists, the CRM system can send reminders for sales tasks and highlight what you need to focus on to close more deals.
3. Gain Deeper Understanding of Customer Needs
The best contact management systems scrape the internet for data that helps you build a detailed contact record database.
By scouring social media posts and privately-held records of numerous companies and professionals, these top contact management software can save small businesses a lot of time in research work.
With insights into your contacts’ preferences and online behavior, you can create messages that are relevant enough to increase engagement and conversion.
4. Track Sales Activities
To ensure your sales reps and processes always work towards your goals, you must track calls, text messages, meetings, and deal statuses.
Forget about asking everyone to send daily reports of their activities; why not check the timeline to see customer interactions? Or look at the pipeline to see which deals are moving forward and which ones are stuck?
With even a basic contact management tool, small businesses can get detailed reports on team performance, sales velocity, average deal size, and more.
The reporting module of contact management solutions usually includes customization, exporting, and sharing options.
Key Features of a Good Contact Management System
Every contact management system is designed to stand out in one way or another.
Some contact management tools are developed specifically for small businesses while others have the advanced features needed by enterprise teams. Still, at the core, they handle the main tasks almost similarly.
Here are six contact management software features you should look for:
1. Contact Management
Since the core functionality of contact management software is to store contact data, they should make it easy to create new contacts and add extra information to the records.
Creating new contacts should primarily be done by extracting contact records from your emails and adding them to the system. Capturing leads from your website and landing pages is also important.
The best contact management tools can scrape the internet and provide you with smart contact data to personalize your messages.
2. Pipeline Management
As you engage with your business contacts, you’ll want to track the deals you’re negotiating. To do this, you'll need a contact management tool that can create pipelines, define tasks, and, where necessary, set up controls for moving a deal from one stage to another.
Pipelines include filters that enable you to view specific details. In some systems, you can save custom views and reach the same data faster in the future.
3. Voice, Text, and Email Marketing
Effective lead nurturing increases sales opportunities by 20%. However, to experience this, you need to engage your prospects through different channels.
Although many small businesses default to email for lead nurturing, engagement rates for email marketing are lower than those of SMS marketing.
SMS campaigns can register up to 98% open rates and 45% response rates.
For making calls, contact management tools provide telephony features such as logging and recording calls, taking voice notes, joining an ongoing call, and analyzing call metrics.
Automating repetitive work is the number one way of increasing efficiency and productivity.
Automations usually take care of creating new contacts and tasks, assigning tasks, sending reminders and notifications, updating deal statuses, moving deals across pipeline stages, and setting off automatic nurturing sequences.
Integrations are also part of automation, and they come in handy when you need to sync data between two different apps. Instead of manual data entry or copy-pasting the data, you sync the tools and update records on both sides.
People no longer fit their work styles into systems. Instead, systems are being designed to align with user requirements. For that reason, customization is a big part of any contact manager and CRM system.
Customization enables you to create pipelines that line up with your process of closing deals, create custom fields to store specific contact info, add branding to your reports, and customize dashboards to show the data you want.
6. Analytics and Reports
With everything going on in the system, you need to check how your processes are working by analyzing data and monitoring different aspects of your business.
As far as deals are concerned, you’ll want to know how long it takes to close deals, how much revenue you’re expecting in different sales periods, who your best-performing reps are, and much more.
Reports are customizable to varying degrees depending on the contact management system. More importantly though, you should be able to filter data for specific records, download reports through mobile apps, and share them with internal and external stakeholders.
Other features you can find in some contact management systems include:
- Document management tools – for sharing documents with colleagues and clients
- Online collaboration tools – for brainstorming or co-editing documents
- Project management tools – for managing projects from start to finish
Choose Your Contact Management Software Wisely
When shopping for contact management software, find out whether it takes care of your business needs at a price you’re comfortable paying every month or year.
If you’re running a small business and are just getting started with contact management, you can choose a simple CRM for contact management. You can even start with a free CRM tool like HubSpot CRM or Bitrix24.
Also, check what kind of support you can get in case you need help fixing an issue. One contact manager might provide email, chat, and phone support for paid plans, while another one only provides email support.
If you’re not yet sure which contact management system you should choose, test any or several of these five to see which one fits your needs:
For more on contact management and customer relationship management software, read the below articles:
- Best Client Management Software
- Best Sales Pipeline Software
- Best Cheap CRM Software
- Best CRM Tools for Small Businesses