9 Best Hybrid Cloud Computing Solutions in 2024
Maybe you have heard about the benefits like increased data control or multiple options for stakeholders to pick the best fitting environment, but you may still be wondering how much on-premises space do you require when compared to a strictly private model?
How does extending from a private to the public cloud play out when your requirements exceed the local abilities, and can the startups benefit from the hybrid cloud solutions without investing in huge data centers?
We have compiled a list of the best-performing hybrid cloud solutions on the market, but not just that.
Through dedicated research, we have reviewed and recommended different solutions depending on what answers are you looking for in the questions above and what are your requirements in the long run.
Read on, and find your ideal hybrid cloud solution.
What is Hybrid Cloud?
Hybrid cloud infrastructure usually includes a public infrastructure as an IaaS platform, a private cloud or a data center, and access to a secure network.
Businesses generally start with an IaaS solution and extend the functionalities to the private cloud that is usually constructed to be compatible with the public cloud.
Managing a hybrid cloud is a complex operation because of the API, storage management protocols, networking capabilities each cloud solution has, which is why responsible professionals construct a single interface through which they manage all the cloud services.
The enterprise-grade management tools found in hybrid cloud software can help your IT managers get your hybrid cloud system up and running.
A hybrid cloud platform mitigates the risk of launching new applications with untested workloads by reducing the need for substantial initial investment and allowing a business to deploy a new app and only pay for the resources they use without upfront costs.
While certain industries are more regulated for protecting private data, not all data needs to reside in a private environment.
Through a hybrid cloud solution, you can comply with regulations while benefiting from the expanded computing power.
Unlike other environments, a hybrid cloud platform adjusts to workloads' needs and enables you to continue the service smoothly while experiencing spikes in workload requirements.
Hybrid cloud solutions are highly suitable for organizations with dynamic workloads, large amounts of processing data, or a large mix of IT services.
Best Hybrid Cloud Solutions and Software
Best Hybrid Cloud Solution for Organizations that practice Cloud Migration but require Some Apps On-Premise.
Through a holistic and secure approach, Microsoft Azure will ensure you can maximize your existing on-premise investments and innovate across your on-premise, multi-cloud, and edge environments.
The Azure Stack hub is the perfect solution for the edge environments that enables you to construct and deploy hybrid and edge computing apps across your IT ecosystem while supporting diverse workloads.
Manage your device with easy ordering and fulfillment, deploy and manage containers from the IoT hub, apply the NVIDIA T4 Tensor Core GPU and Intel VPU and bring hardware acceleration to a diverse set of workloads, and keep a local cache of your Azure Storage account.
Run your apps and VMs at the edge, and analyze, transform, and filter data, after which you can analyze your data for quick actionable insights through hardware-accelerated AI/ML.
The subscription cost will vary depending on the region and shipping factors, but the Azure Stack Edge Pro starts at $350 for the Central US region.
- Simplify your transition to the cloud and run cloud apps in an on-premises environment
- Address latency and connectivity issues by processing data close to the source
- Run applications at remote locations to accelerate transactions and address bandwidth constraints
- Integrate with Azure IoT solutions with Kubernetes multi-node and virtual machine support
- Automatically upload the local cache of your Azure Storage account
- Build and train Machine learning models and accelerate the results locally
- Upload full datasets or subsets to the cloud
- Limit usage during peak business hours with cache capability and bandwidth throttling
- Use ML models to help you stay alert to potentially sensitive data and take action locally
Covering hybrid capabilities in data centers, multi-cloud environments, and at the edge, Microsoft's Azure will help you streamline compliance with industry, government, and company regulations by running cloud apps on-premises, personalize customer experiences, and speed up your cloud migration.
Biggest Hybrid Cloud Software with 33% of the Entire Cloud Market.
AWS's most prolific cloud solution Outposts will equip any data center, co-location space, or on-premises facility with the same high-caliber AWS infrastructure, services, and APIs for a consistent hybrid experience.
Real-time multiplayer games and some business applications like MES, high-frequency trading, and medical diagnostics require low latency support to operate effectively, and Outposts can help you run applications where you need them to be located.
You can process data locally while keeping your data lakes and ML training in a region, helping you easily move datasets to the cloud for long-term archival.
Control where your workloads run and where your data resides while deploying local operational tools like monitoring and stability and allowing low-friction movements of workloads between public cloud and the edge, and vice versa.
Accelerate the migration of legacy, on-premises applications from on-premises to the cloud by modernizing latency-sensitive interdependencies on-premises.
Hourly prices range from $0.011/hour to $0.27/hour and are charged in addition to EC2 costs.
- Run AWS compute, storage, database, and other services locally on Outposts
- Process data on-premises and easily move to the cloud for long-term archival
- Adapt to regulatory changes with low-friction workload movement between public cloud and the edge
- Accelerate the migration of on-premises applications to the cloud
- Run container-based Amazon EKS, database Amazon RDS, and analytics Amazon EMR services on-premises
- Securely store and process customer data required to stay on-premises or in countries with no AWS region
- Run and scale containerized applications
- Launch and stop Docker-enabled applications with API calls
- Manage RDS databases in the cloud or on-premises with the same AWS Management Console, APIs, and CLI
AWS's Outposts provide a consistent development and IT operations experience across on-premises and cloud environments while reducing the time, resources, operational risk, and maintenance downtime required for managing such infrastructure.
#1 Hybrid Cloud Solution with Outstanding AL & ML Functionalities.
Google Cloud Platform is a top-level Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) platform that covers various cloud services that will appeal to Google suite users.
With GCP, you will be able to start running quickly with pre-built configurations, create VMs with optional amounts of vCPU and memory while balancing cost, reduce the computing costs by 80% with affordable short-term instances, encrypt your sensitive data while it's processing, and optimize resource utilization with automatic recommendations.
Utilize the Compute Engine tools to bring your existing applications to the cloud with your applications running on the Compute Engine within minutes while your data migrates transparently.
Through genomics data processing, you can process the petabytes of genomic data within seconds with Compute Engine, running a pipeline on Google Cloud using the GATK best practices provided by the Broad Institute.
Run your Windows-based applications by bringing your licenses and running them in Compute Engine sole-tenant nodes or using a license-included image.
To get a quote for your organization, you will need to contact GCP's team.
- Bring your existing applications from physical servers, VMware xSphere, Amazon EC2, Azure VMs to the cloud
- Run a GATK best practices genomics pipeline
- Deploy an auto-scaling HPC cluster with Slurm
- Run a dsub pipeline on Google Cloud with an index from a large binary file of DNA sequences (BAM file)
- Run your Windows-based applications with your licenses or using a license-included image
- Live-migrate your VMs between host systems without rebooting
- Run batch jobs and fault-tolerant workloads with low-cost, short-term instances
- Accelerate computationally intensive workloads like machine learning, simulation, and virtual workstation applications with GPUs
GCP is a powerful platform with excellent Windows and Linux support, a wide variety of global private networks that ensure speed and connectivity, and an outstanding selection of AI and data analysis apps, along with the option to start running workloads for free with $300 in free credits and access to 20+ products.
Best Hybrid Cloud Solution for Enterprises handling Business Cloud Computing.
IBM's Edge Application Manager is a full-lifecycle edge environment that runs on containers and Red Hat OpenShift on IBM Cloud and enables you to manage and scale workloads from edge to core across any hybrid multi-cloud environment.
The Cloud Paks solution will help you reduce operational costs and transform IT operations with an AIOPs solution that covers visibility for performance data and dependencies across environments.
IBM's Cloud Pak solutions use AI to accelerate business use cases on the hybrid cloud and IBM Watson to leverage predictive analysis, automate manual processes, and optimize your employees' workloads.
The multi-cloud data access and integration allows you to access and unify data spread across distributed stores and clouds without data movement or replication using data virtualization.
IBM has a complex pricing model that will vary depending on your requirements, but the Process mining and IBM Robotic Process Automation package starts at $3,500 per month.
- Use containerized environments and Kubernetes easier through Red Hat
- Develop portable and scalable cloud-native apps with IBM Cloud Paksm, Red Hat OpenShift and hybrid IT solutions
- Optimize on-premises IT and hybrid cloud with secure Linux servers
- Move data between on-premises and hybrid cloud storage environments with container-enabled storage
- Monitor all your storage from the cloud with IBM Storage Insights
- Instant recovery, replication, retention, and reuse of VMs, databases, and containers in hybrid cloud environments
- Enable data consumers to make copies with a self-service portal on-prem or in the cloud
Part of a big cloud package that offers tools such as IBM Watson, IBM Cloud provides access to a vast array of data centers, combining the public cloud services with in-house and IBM-branded services for streamlining workloads and processes, sharing and receiving data and apps across platforms.
Best Hybrid Cloud Solution for maximizing Usable Storage Space and expanding Capacity.
The Hewlett-Packard Enterprise (HPE) hybrid cloud solution will help you place all your applications in ideal environments while creating a frictionless experience between the public and private infrastructure.
Bringing agility to data on the edge, in the cloud, or in data centers, HPE helps you address the non-cloud native apps that are slowing you down and allows you to containerize monolithic applications.
Streamline your development processes and leverage microservices to quickly construct and deploy applications.
For your compute infrastructure, HPE GreenLake allows you to order, receive, and implement resources and grow capacity ahead of demand with resilient infrastructure that supports all workloads and offers a range of bare-metal configurations.
Through HPE GreenLake, you can easily deploy resources, view your costs, forecast capacity while benefiting from as-a-service offerings for ML Ops, HPC, data management, and protection, as well as pre configured options for general purpose, composable, mission-critical, and data protection.
The monthly charges will depend on the metered usage of each HPE service, and you will have to send a request for your quote.
- Transform the non-cloud native apps
- Power the edge with AI-driven intelligence, centralized
- management, and comprehensive data protection
- Simplify operations and utilize backup data to modernize and protect the edge, on-prem, or public cloud data
- Accelerate your business outcomes with on-premises cloud services
- Dense compute, high-speed storage, interconnects for managing HPE dusters
- Deploy cloud-native, highly-performant storage for your engineers and data scientists
- Power the AI/ML, deep learning, and advanced analytics apps and drive your digital transformation
- Support data storage-based workloads without re-architecting through containers as-a-service
HPE's Hybrid Cloud Solutions are agile and scalable tools ideal for small and medium businesses, educational institutions, or enterprises with multiple remote or branch offices and limited IT resources, striking the perfect balance of cloud agility and on-premises control.
Primary Hybrid Cloud Solution in China.
Alibaba Cloud Hybrid Cloud solution equips your business with application elastic scaling, disaster recovery, data backup, and hot upgrade.
Supporting a vast variety of industries, Alibaba Cloud Hybrid Cloud is equipped with over 50 full-stack product portfolios and solutions and the most security and compliance certifications in Asia, while providing you with cross-geography disaster recovery and hot upgrade capabilities.
Apsara Stack is Alibaba Cloud's full-stack, enterprise-level hybrid cloud solution that supports hyper-scale clusters with more than 10K servers in each region and allows you to operate and manage resources, applications, and data through its unified management portal with multi-tenancy support.
Alibaba's Aspara Stack is deployable in a hybrid or private cloud environment, and it includes several computing and networking services, data analysis and security solutions.
The AI mechanism and machine learning frameworks of Apsara Stack, along with elastic GPU compute services make the platform ideal for the development of smart applications.
The enterprise-level general purpose instance family with enhanced performance g6e Elastic Compute Service will cost you $43.92 per month.
- Improve the insights gained from vast amounts of collected data
- Analyze data, identify risks, and prevent smuggling attempts
- Generate business value with sensitive data without leaving data centers with data mining, analysis, and visualization tools
- Intelligent modeling capabilities and automated pre-checks of customs claims in the GACC Big Data platform
- Smuggling prevention, tariff and duty administration, and enterprise credit assessment
- IDC survey, solution design, software deployment, and acceptance test
- Cloud migration consultation, cloud migration implementation, cloud migration safeguard
- O&M support services
- Training services
Equipped with reliable cloud environment and business continuity solutions like Aspara Stack and high-efficiency enterprise solutions for running containerized applications on the cloud through Kubernetes, Alibaba Cloud will cover all your data security, lifecycle management, cluster management, resource management, and other requirements to help your business perform at its best.
Best Hybrid Cloud Solution for Consistent Infrastructure and Operations across All Workloads.
In VMware, the same compute, network, storage, and Kubernetes stack runs on any cloud, data center, or edge location, allowing you to choose the best fitting cloud for every app, migrate without recording, and manage from a single operating layer.
You can accelerate your application migration initiatives by supplying developers with the VM, container, and microservice infrastructure.
Implement a recovery solution that ensures the availability of mission-critical applications, make sure that the apps are running during planned and unplanned outages, meet the seasonal and cyclical spikes in demand
Leverage familiar tools and processes to reduce costs and silos, enhance the visibility within your network structure and between hybrid cloud environments, ensure consistent service and performance delivery regardless of the users' locations with consistent hybrid cloud management across environments.
Acquire a software-defined foundation for private, hybrid, and public cloud with unified support for traditional and containerized applications.
The On-Demand VMware solution starts at $8.368 per host/hour.
- Containerize your apps with an on-premises environment or after migration to the public cloud
- Choose the most cost-effective deployment and fine-tune cloud-native resource utilization
- Minimize downtime with a recovery solution for mission-critical applications
- Maintain regulatory standards during unexpected capacity changes and outages
- Increased agility and efficiency with reduced costs
- Explore the best practices, checklists, and a 5-step approach to simplifying and improving IT operations management
- Automation, self-service provisioning, monitoring
- Extend virtualization investments with the leading HCI solution powered by VMware vSAN
VMware will help you capitalize on the flexibility and performance of private and hybrid clouds, allowing you to migrate applications between environments without the cost or risk of refactoring apps.
Best Hybrid Cloud Solution for managing Complex Networks and Re-Architecting Applications for Various Clouds.
Nutanix will automate your infrastructure operations and application delivery across public and private clouds regardless if you are running traditional VMs or modern container technology.
The software will unify management across the clouds while enabling frictionless mobility of applications and data between disparate environments.
You can use the same software on public and private clouds so you can deliver applications from AWS, for example, exactly as you do with data center infrastructure.
Manage your applications and IT resources across clouds with the same operational practices and existing third-party integrations, and acquire a consistent consumption model spanning public and private IT environments.
With an integrated cloud DR service, you won't need to manage disparate cloud environments or multiple solutions for disaster recovery protection.
Under the PayG pricing model, Nutanix is $15,330.00 per year.
- Manage applications across on-premises data centers and public clouds like AWS
- Automate provisioning and application lifecycle management
- Provide the IT users with the one-click self-service capability so they can deploy applications in public and private clouds
- Gain visibility into your cloud consumption across public and private clouds
- Identify idle and under-utilized resources and receive reserved instance recommendations for deep cost savings
- Deliver desktops and applications globally from AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Utilize the integrated cloud DR service and eliminate the need for provisioning, configuring, or managing disparate cloud environments
Providing a simple, flexible, and cost-effective hybrid and multi-cloud computing platform, Nutanix delights its customers with the tools necessary to modernize their data centers and run any app at any scale.
Best Hybrid Cloud Solution for Optimized Data Placement and Additional Cost Savings.
Cloudian's HyperStore S3-compatible object storage is compatible with industry-standard bare-metal servers and virtual machines.
The adaptive hybrid configuration and intelligent data placement of Cloudian will allow you to boost interoperability, data durability, and operational efficiency.
The HyperFile NAS Storage module delivers scalable enterprise file services on-prem and, along with Cloudian HyperStore, provides a cost-effective solution for your capacity-intensive, less frequently used files.
Scale from terabytes to petabytes without disruptions with additional nodes and create non-rewritable, non-erasable files for compliance.
Upon sending a request from their website, you will receive your quote.
- The highest S3 API compliance ensures investment protection
- SMB and NFS file support with HyperFile NAS Controller software
- Hyperscale data fabric for limitless growth
- Scale capacity and performance with additional nodes
- Locate storage from any place and manage from one place through GEO distribution
- Connect to the public cloud for DR or added capacity
- Migrate data from your existing NAS to HyperFile NAS storage device
- Create multiple namespaces within a shared storage pool
- QoS controls guarantee stable performance
Cloudian's high-performance, resilient S3 architecture will ensure that the software fits into any tiered storage strategy you have for your business and that you optimize your data placement in the most cost-effective way.
How to Choose the Best Hybrid Cloud Solution?
1. Get Familiar with Your Workloads
Before choosing your hybrid cloud provider, you will need to understand the workloads you want to pull into the hybrid environment and where you will locate them.
Data backup and disaster recovery require a different type of hybrid cloud service than complex analytics applications.
For data backup to be successful, a hybrid cloud software must provide business continuity by ensuring the company will never lose data in case of any disaster.
One functionality that facilitates continuous uptimes is the virtualization of servers and workstations.
When you create a virtual workstation in Google Cloud Platform, you can choose from resource configurations such as the number and type of CPUs, the amount of RAM, the type and size of the disk, and whether you will attach GPUs.
Finally, seek out solutions that can integrate with a variety of other providers' platforms if you want to allocate different hybrid cloud contracts in a multi-cloud environment.
2. Evaluate the Software's Natural Tendencies and Performance Capacity
You should identify for what kind of workloads the software's infrastructure is optimized right from the start, as some cloud services might be more tailored for supporting developers while others may be better suited for systems, applications, and products.
That's why you will see solutions like HPE Hybrid Cloud Solutions being tailored to cover small and medium businesses, educational facilities, enterprises, but also remote and branch offices with limited IT resources.
On the other hand, Microsoft Azure is best suited for providing analytics, virtual computing, storage, and networking capabilities for healthcare, manufacturing, consumer appliances, travel, aviation industries while providing its services for some of the giants like eBay, Boeing, BMW, and so on.
When you have chosen the service best suited for your organization, you need to accommodate one of the key determiners in great future performance that is latency.
With on-premises workloads communicating with the cloud infrastructure, your organization might require a provider with a local edge data center or one that can support direct connectivity options.
Microsoft Azure can address latency and connectivity issues by processing data close to the source and Amazon Web Services software lets you process data locally and easily move datasets to the cloud.
However, a tool like IBM's Edge Application Manager will serve a full-lifecycle edge environment and allow you to scale workloads from edge to core across any hybrid multi-cloud environment.
3. Align the Public and Private Infrastructures
Your hybrid cloud provider needs to support the technologies you already use in on-premises infrastructure.
Aligning the two infrastructures will make it easier to migrate workloads between different environments.
Easy mappings between the existing VMs and the formats that the service provider supports is an example of what you should aim for.
When your workloads demand cyclical resources, and you don't want to add permanent resources, or when the law obliges you that a hybrid cloud strategy is necessary are some instances when a hybrid cloud solution is required.
Gaining more control over your IT infrastructure, having growing legacy performance requirements, and when mechanisms exist for the strategy to function seamlessly are some of the other situations where strong cases can be made for your organization needing a hybrid cloud service.
The hybrid cloud structure is as difficult to implement as it is to maintain with strong demands for network capabilities, storage, and servers always being a factor, as well as high levels of expertise and accuracy.
Hybrid cloud platforms are especially exposed to potential intrusion between neighboring environments with the blend of public cloud, private cloud, and on-premises deployment.
There can even be cases of misuse of the infrastructure contracted by the third-party vendors, placing the organizations at risk from cyberattacks on the primary server.
The complicated structures of hybrid cloud environments magnify as organizations divide their environments into multiple clouds.
This creates a lack of clear view and understanding of all the systems, platforms, applications, requirements, and processes that need to be managed.
The organizations using hybrid cloud solutions must purchase and maintain the on-premises hardware for handling the computing needs of the private cloud.
Remote workforce support
Hybrid cloud services give organizations the capability to support their remote and distributed employees through on-demand access to data that isn't tied to a single location
Scalability and control
Giving businesses greater control over their data, hybrid cloud services enable organizations to scale their workloads according to evolving business needs and IT service demands.
Agility and innovation
Hybrid cloud software helps organizations increase their speed to market by streamlining the IT performance and providing the agility to address changing business requirements.
Through a hybrid cloud solution, an organization can expand its workload on the cloud, test, prototype, and launch new and improved products quickly.
Reduced downtime and resulting costs
With improved business continuity ensuring that business operations can continue as usual in case of a disaster, with minimal downtime and interruption, hybrid cloud services will minimize the potential downtime and resulting costs.
Helping organizations back up key sensitive data by replicating business-critical data to the cloud and ensuring adaptability in the cases of massive spikes in demand, hybrid cloud solutions serve as crucial factors in maintaining business continuity.
Because the hybrid cloud environments are all-inclusive and highly connected, there is a risk of a data breach that can be drastically decreased when the user takes responsibility for their security.
A holistic view of systems across a hybrid infrastructure is crucial for detecting, investing, and responding to cyber threats on time.
Also, ensuring that the most sensitive data is assigned to the most secure storage resources can greatly benefit overall safety.
Which Hybrid Cloud Software Should I Choose?
For you to understand what software is the best choice for your business, you need to be familiar with your organization's goal and identity.
It will be easier to migrate workloads between different environments when you know whether your solution provides migration tools for you to map data between on-premises and its infrastructures, or they offer hardware appliances to help you ship large datasets manually.
Also, you should make sure that your hybrid cloud provider involves security measures such as tokens, compliance process and risk management functions, SLAs with outlined escalation, and compensation procedures to help you support multiple cloud service providers.
When you know your business objectives and compare them with the boxes your software checks off, it will be clear which solution is the right for you.
- Windows, Linux support, AI, data analysis apps in a tool that will let you run workloads for free are hard to find anywhere except in Google Cloud Platform.
- For consistent development and IT operations experience across all environments while serving computing, storage, integration, and monitoring services, pick Amazon Web Services.
- Choose Microsoft Azure for its developer productivity magnification, communication between the public cloud and on-premise Azure Stack, and a holistic security overview.