Are you looking for a way to make money online on the side and supplement the income from your day job?
Today, you cannot just depend on your day job. Occurrences like the recent COVID 19 pandemic have shown how unreliable jobs are. You can lose your job within a moment’s notice, immediately and effectively cutting off your only source of income.
In addition, depending solely on your job means you are selling your time, and since there is limited time in a day, this puts a limit on the amount of money you can make.
If you need to make more money and build wealth, and at the same time protect yourself from the uncertainties of employment, you need to find ways to earn money on the side.
The question is, where do you even start?
Fortunately, the internet has created opportunities for everyone to make money from anywhere, and without many requirements either.
If you are looking for legitimate ways to make money on the side from the internet but do not know where to start, this guide is for you.
In this guide, I will give you an in-depth look into 27+ legitimate ways that you can use to start an online business and earn anywhere between $500 and $25,000 per month on the side.
Let’s dive in.
1. Launch A Blogging Business The Right Way
Starting a blog is one of the best ways of making money online. Blogging as a way of making money involves creating and publishing content around a particular topic, building a significant audience for your blog, and then finding ways to monetize this audience.
In case you are wondering how much money you can make through a blog, you will be surprised to learn that some of the highest paid bloggers make hundreds of thousands, and sometimes even millions of dollars per month from their blogs.
Take a look at these bloggers and their monthly incomes from their blogs:
- Tim Sykes of TimothySykes.com ($1 Million/month)
- Melyssa Griffin of MelyssaGriffin.com ($238,000/month)
- Pat Flynn of Smart Passive Income ($200,000/month)
- Jeff Rose of Good Financial Cents ($135,000/month)
- Alborz Fallah of Car Advice ($125,000/month)
- Jon Morrow of Smart Blogger ($100,000/month)
All these are real people making over $100,000 every month from their blog, and with the right approach, you can also start making such amounts from your blog.
Here are some reasons why blogging is such a huge opportunity to make tons of money online:
- It is estimated that by the end of 2020, the content marketing industry will be worth over $400 billion. Starting a blog gives you a chance to get a share of this pie.
- Blogs are read regularly by 77% of all internet users. A blog gives you an opportunity to reach and sell to all these people.
- 84% of people have been influenced by blogs to make a purchase. As a blogger, you hold a lot of power over your audience, which you can use to influence their purchase decisions and make tons of money along the way.
So, how do you launch a blogging business the right way?
Step 1: Pick A Profitable Niche You Are Passionate About
The first step to building a blogging business is to find a blogging niche that is both profitable and that you are passionate about.
To find the right niche for your blog, start by identifying your skills and passions. Being skilled in your niche allows you to provide valuable content that will solve your audience’s problem, while being passionate about your niche gives you the motivation to blog consistently, even before the money starts flowing in.
To identify your skills and passions, consider the things you are naturally good at, some of the goals you have achieved in life, your academic qualifications, and your professional experience.
Once you have identified your skills and passions, the next step is to identify the right audience. Remember, you are not starting a blog for yourself, but for your audience. Therefore, you need to identify the problem that is driving your target audience to read your blog.
Here, you also need to determine whether you are targeting individual customers or businesses, whether your target audience has a budget for what you are offering, and whether they are actually willing to spend money on what you are offering.
The third step is to identify the result your target audience is looking for. What do they want to achieve after using the solution you are offering? Identifying the result your audience is looking for allows you to create the best solution and come up with a unique selling proposition.
Finally, you need to determine the audience revenue potential of your chosen niche. Audience revenue potential is determined by two things: amount of traffic within the niche, and the amount of revenue per visitor. You should aim for niches with high traffic and high revenue per visitor.
Step 2: Launch Your Blog Fast And Cheap
Once you identify a profitable niche to blog about, the next step is to launch your blog. Launching your blog involves two steps:
Setting Up Hosting For Your Blog
This step involves finding a web hosting provider who will make your blog accessible over the internet and setting up your hosting account.
When it comes to finding a web hosting provider for your blog, we recommend that you use Bluehost. Their packages are highly affordable (starting from $2.95 per month), you get a free domain, and they offer a variety of tools and functionalities that allow you to get the most from your blog.
Installing Your Content Management System
After setting up your hosting, the next step is to install a content management system to allow you to publish content on your new blog. Here, we recommend using WordPress, the world’s best content management system for blogging.
Installing WordPress on your hosting account is quite easy. You can follow the instructions in this article to learn how to install WordPress.
Once you complete these two steps, your blog will now be live and accessible over the internet. You are now ready to move to the next step, which is…
Step 3: Write Helpful Evergreen Blog Posts Using Keyword Research
Content is the most important element on your blog. It doesn’t matter how well designed your blog is, or how aggressively you market your blog; if you do not have great content on your blog, your visitors will not stick around for long enough to allow you to sell anything.
So, how do you create great content for your blog?
The key to high quality content that attracts and captivates readers is to create helpful, evergreen content. Evergreen content refers to content that is optimized for search engines like Google, and content that remains valuable for a long period of time. In other words, evergreen content is content that will be relevant several years from the day you publish it.
For instance, let’s assume you create content on “How To Make Money During A Pandemic.” At the moment, since the world is going through a pandemic, such content will attract a lot of traffic, since it is something people are actually concerned about. However, two or three years down the line, after the pandemic has ended, no one will care about making money during a pandemic, and your traffic from this blog post will dry up.
On the other hand, if you created an article on “10+ Legitimate Ways To Make Money On The Side,” such an article will continue driving traffic to your blog 10 years down the line, because people will always be interested in learning how they can make more money.
The beauty of evergreen content is that it continues driving more and more traffic as time passes (according to blogging statistics), compared to regular content which attracts less and less traffic as time passes.
To create helpful, evergreen content for your blog, start by brainstorming some ideas that have evergreen potential. Here are a few examples of blog post ideas with evergreen potential.
- Frequently asked questions about your industry or your products and services.
- “How to” guides and tutorials
- Articles explaining complex industry concepts
- Insider information about your industry
Once you come up with potential ideas, the next thing you need to do is to perform keyword research to help you identify the right keywords. Remember, if people are not searching for that topic, your content will not be of much use.
When it comes to performing keyword research for your evergreen content, we recommend using SEMrush. SEMrush is one of the best keyword research and analytics tools available on the internet.
For instance, if you are in the car insurance niche and your search for the term “car insurance,” SEMrush provides you with a list of some of the common keywords and related questions that people are searching for and their search numbers. This can help you figure out which keywords you need to focus on when creating your content.
Once you have identified the best keywords to target, the next step is to create helpful content around these keywords. By helpful content, I am talking about content that:
- Helps your readers solve their problem
- Is written in easy, simple language that can be understood by beginners
- Is properly formatted to make it easy to read
- Includes examples and visual aids to make it easier for readers to understand
- Speaks naturally and directly to the reader
- Doesn’t use jargon or overly technical language
Once you are done writing your blog post, make sure that it is optimized for search engines by…
- Ensuring the keywords are used naturally throughout the blog post
- Creating an SEO friendly URL for the blog post with the keyword included
- Using your keywords on the page title, title tags, subheadings, image alt tags, and meta description
- Adding links to authoritative sites
- Adding hyperlinks to other evergreen content on your blog
Finally, have a plan to update your evergreen blog posts regularly to ensure that they remain relevant. If you fail to update your blog posts, they might become slightly outdated and lose their evergreen value.
Step 4: Stop Wasting Your Time And Monetize Your Visitors From Day 1
What is the main reason you started your blog? Because you want to earn money online, right? Therefore, you need to quickly find ways of monetizing your visitors.
One mistake that I see most beginners making is waiting too long before they start monetizing their blogs. You don’t need to wait until you get to 1,000 or 10,000 visitors before you can start making money.
Of course, the more the traffic, the higher your chances of making good money, but you can start monetizing your blog even when you have less than 10 visitors.
Here are some strategies you can use to generate money from your blog
This is one of the most popular ways of generating income from your blog. With this approach, you sign up on an ad network and have them place relevant ads on your blog. You can either get paid per click or per 1,000 impressions. If you choose to use this approach, we recommend using Monumetric.com, one of the best ad networks.
You can sell private ads, whereby you reach out to businesses within your niche and charge them to place their ads in front of your audience.
This revenue model involves making product recommendations to your audience, and then being paid a commission every time someone makes a purchase from your referral link. To get started with affiliate marketing, check out affiliate networks like Amazon Associates, JVZoo, ClickBank, ShareASale, and so on.
The affiliate marketing industry is expected to be worth close to $7 billion by the end of 2020, and you can get a share of this by including affiliate marketing in your blog monetization strategies.
Sell Digital Products
You can also monetize your blog by creating your own digital products and selling them to your audience. Here are some examples of digital products you could sell:
- Digital photography
- Themes and plugins
- Digital music
Your choice of digital products should be based on your niche and the needs of your audience.
Selling Physical Products
You can also use your blog to sell physical products. In this case, your blog acts as a marketing tool for your physical products.
There is no limit to the kinds of physical products you can sell through your blog, from branded t-shirts and caps to paintings and electronic gadgets.
Just get started with a leading ecommerce shop software and you’re good to go.
Another great revenue model is to create a members only area on your blog and charge your visitors a monthly fee to access the members’ area.
For instance, if you are in the careers niche, you can create a membership area that gives your audience access to an exclusive job board.
Sell Online Courses
If your audience has something they struggle with, you can create an online course to teach them how to overcome their challenge and charge them for access to the online course.
For instance, on our blog Cleverism.com, we make money selling courses like this one:
If you decide to monetize your blog using online courses, I recommend hosting your online courses on Thinkific or Teachable. These two platforms provide a great set of features that make it relatively easy to host your online course, even if you are a beginner.
Blogging can also establish you as an authority and a thought leader in your industry, opening opportunities for you to speak at industry conferences. Depending on your level of authority, you can earn even $10,000 per speech.
This is quite similar to selling online courses. However, instead of simply providing learning material to your students and leaving it at that, coaching involves some personalized level of service.
You give personal attention to your students and hold their hand through their learning process. Due to the high level of personal attention, you can charge higher for coaching services than you can for online courses.
Selling Freelance Services
If you are a freelancer, you can also use your blog as a platform for showcasing your work and attracting more freelance clients.
For instance, a lot of freelance writers have blogs where they showcase their writing with the aim of attracting freelance writing clients.
If you follow the steps outlined above, you can easily go from zero to $5K per month from your blog within just a few months.
2. Offer Consulting Services To Businesses (Or Consumers)
Everyone probably knows a pompous consultant who operates from a posh office, wears bespoke Italian suits, and drives around in a fancy car. This kind of consultant gives off the perception that consulting is something that is reserved for the chosen few.
What you might not know is that you can also start making money on the side by offering consulting services to businesses or individual consumers.
The best part is that you do not even need to get any special certifications to become a consultant. You have everything you need to start offering consulting services.
“Consulting is engaging in the business of giving expert advice to people working in a specific field.” – The Oxford Dictionary
From the Oxford Dictionary definition, consulting requires two key things: expert advice and a specific field. Therefore, if you are skilled enough in a specific field, you have everything you need to offer consulting services.
Why consulting though? Is it such a lucrative industry?
According to Statista, the size of the global consulting industry has been growing steadily over the last 10 years and is set to hit close to $300 billion by the end of 2020.
Of course, you might be thinking that you don’t stand a chance considering that there are already established firms in this industry, such as the MBB firms.
However, research shows that one fifth of all consulting work is performed by independent consultants, rather than big consultancy firms. Wouldn’t you want to get your share of the $6 billion that goes to independent consultants?
To start a side business offering consulting services, you need to do two things:
- Craft your consulting offer
- Focus on one paid marketing channel to acquire customers
Craft Your Consulting Offer
Before you can start a consulting business, you need to get clear on your consulting offer. What advice are you offering? To whom? How will it help them?
Without a clear, well-structured consulting offer, you will have a hard time attracting clients or delivering the right results.
To come up with a clear, well-structured offer, you need to:
Determine Your Skills And Strengths
We have already seen that consulting involves offering expert advice within a specific field. If you are not an expert within your field, you cannot solve your client’s problems, and no one will take your advice.
To determine your skills and strength, take a look at the following four things:
- Things that you are naturally good at, things that people routinely come to you for help with.
- Your academic qualifications.
- Your professional experience.
- The personal goals you have achieved in life.
A deep evaluation of these four things will allow you to identify things that you can do better than the average person.
For instance, if you are naturally good at computers and technology, you can offer IT consulting services.
Similarly, if you have academic qualifications in public relations, and you have previously worked as a PR executive, you can offer PR consulting services.
Identify Your Target Market
The next step of crafting your consulting offer is to identify the market segment you are targeting. Do you intend to offer your services to individual consumers or business clients? If business clients, will you focus on large corporations or SMEs?
Identifying your target market serves two purposes. First, it allows you to come up with a consulting offer that is best suited for your client. For instance, a consulting offer that works for an SME or a non-profit organization might not work for a large corporation.
Second, knowing the kind of client you are targeting allows you to determine if they have the budget and the willingness to pay for your services.
For instance, if you are offering IT consultancy services to individual consumers, many of your potential clients might have a challenge with computers and technology, but the majority of them might not have the budget for it.
Determine What Your Market Needs
Once you have identified your skills and strengths and your target market, it is now time to figure out your target market’s greatest challenges within your area of expertise.
Remember, if your target audience doesn’t have a problem, then they will not pay for your advice.
An easy way to identify the biggest pain points for your target market within your area of expertise is to search for online forums related to your area of expertise. What questions are most people asking on these forums? In which topics does there seem to be a lot of confusion? These will provide you with insights into the kind of challenges your target audience are struggling with.
Alternatively, you can ask your target audience what their greatest pain points are by running an online survey.
Armed with this information, you can now craft a consulting offer that helps a specific market segment achieve a specific result within a specific field or niche. This is the holy grail of great consulting offers.
Actually, you can craft your consulting offer using this formula:
I am a [your niche] consultant who helps [your target audience] to achieve [your results] through [your offer].
Focus On One Paid Marketing Channel To Acquire Customers
Now that your consulting offer is ready, the next thing you need to do is to come up with a system for attracting clients repeatedly.
One of the most effective ways of attracting and acquiring clients for your consulting business is to create a marketing funnel comprising of the following four steps:
Choose A Paid Marketing Channel To Focus On
While it is possible to drive traffic to your consulting offer organically, the best approach for generating leads quickly is to use paid marketing channels. We recommend using paid marketing channels for the following reasons:
- Paid marketing can be targeted based on demographics, geographic, and psychographic information.
- Paid marketing channels provide significant ROI.
- Paid marketing channels drive results much faster than organic channels.
- You can measure the results of your marketing efforts and optimize for better performance.
To make your potential clients aware of your offer and generate leads, pick one paid marketing channel to focus on and set up a marketing campaign.
You can do this on Facebook, LinkedIn, Google AdWords, Instagram, YouTube, and so on, depending on where your target audience are more likely to be found.
For instance, to set up a paid marketing campaign on Facebook, start by targeting your ideal client by selecting their age, gender, location, interests, and even things like job title.
For example, if your consulting offer is geared towards photographers in Florida, you can enter the terms “photographer” and “Florida” and Facebook will search for all people who meet this criteria.
Once you have selected the people you want to target, you will then need to create an ad that will be shown to these people, and then set your budget for the marketing campaign.
Create A Landing Page
After creating your ad, you need somewhere to direct people who click on your ad, which is why you need a landing page.
The landing page acts as an extension to your paid ad. The aim of the landing page is to convince the potential client to provide you with their contact information in exchange for something valuable.
For instance, sticking to the photographer example, you can promise an eBook or a video that will teach them how to attract better and high paying clients in exchange for their email address. For this to work, however, the promise on your landing page should meet the expectations of what you promised on the ad.
Here is an example of a great landing page from Lintense.
It is advisable to keep your landing page as simple as possible in order to get as many people as you can to sign up.
Design Your Value Proposition
Now that you have your potential clients’ contact information, the first thing you need to do is to provide the value you promised in the ad and on your landing page.
For instance, if you promised to teach your potential customers how to attract better clients, you need to fulfill this promise. You can do this either through a video, an eBook, a free email course, and so on.
At this point, you might be wondering how you are going to make money selling consulting services if you are already giving away your advice for free. The aim behind doing this is to give your potential clients something valuable to show them that you can actually solve their problems.
Once you have delivered on the promise of your ad and landing page, the next thing you need to do is to pitch your consulting offer to your potential clients.
Since you already have their contact information, you can do this by adding their email into an email funnel, inviting them for a webinar, or inviting them for a coaching call.
Once they sign up for your webinar or coaching call, this is where you are now going to deliver your pitch.
The aim of this step is to show the potential client that you have a deep understanding of the challenges they are struggling with and that you are capable of providing an effective and efficient solution to this challenge.
If you get this step right, you will be successful in converting some of your leads into paying customers.
This is the final step of our marketing funnel. Now that you have converted some of your leads into paying customers, it is time for you to deliver on your consulting offer. If your consulting offer is to help freelance photographers build a five figure business, help your clients do exactly that.
Your success as a consultant is highly dependent on your ability to deliver value to your clients. If you can help your clients solve their problems effectively, they will spread word about your services and refer their friends and acquaintances to you.
On the other hand, if you fail to deliver value to your clients, your consulting business won’t take off, regardless of how much marketing you are doing.
Importance Of Focusing On A Paid Marketing Channel To Attract Customers
The beauty of this customer attraction system is that it is reliable and repeatable. Let’s see how this works.
Let’s assume that spending $100 on a paid marketing channel results in 100 people visiting your landing page.
Of these 100, only 50 actually share their contact information with you.
Out of these 50, let’s assume that only 10 end up signing up for your webinar or coaching call.
Out of these, only 2 end up paying for your consulting services at $500 each.
This means that for every $100 you invest in marketing, you are going to make $900 in profit.
This means that any time you need to make $900 in profit, you only need to invest $100 in marketing, and you can do this as many times as possible.
If you want to double your profit, you just need to double your marketing spend and your profits will double automatically. Following this simple system will keep customers flowing to your consulting business.
3. Become A High-Paid Remote Freelancer
Shifting demographics, the proliferation of internet access across the globe, the rise of online payment platforms, global marketplaces, and the desire for greater control over your own work have led to the birth of a freelance-driven economy.
Today, millions of people work remotely for companies from the other side of the globe on a freelance basis. If you are looking for a side hustle or a way to make money from home, becoming a high paid remote freelancer could be one of your best options.
Over the last decade, the freelance economy has grown massively. As of 2019, the income earned by freelancers within the United States was close to $1 trillion according to Upwork, making up about 5% of the US GDP.
Actually, freelancing contributes more to the US economy than established industries such as mining, transportation, and construction.
If you are worried that freelancing is a low-paying option that is only reserved for those who cannot find better employment elsewhere, you need to think again.
The study by Upwork reports that skilled freelancers earn a median rate of $28 per hour. This is higher than what 70% of workers in the US earn.
62% of freelancers who left traditional jobs to focus on freelancing also say that they earn more today than they did in their traditional jobs.
These statistics show that there is a lot of money to be made in freelancing. The big question is, how do you become a highly paid remote freelancer?
To become a highly paid freelancer, you need to do two things.
- Define your freelance offering
- Find a good freelancing platform to help you earn money quickly
Define Your Freelance Offering
The first step to becoming a high paid remote freelancer is to define your freelance offering. What service are you going to sell to your clients?
If you look at some of the highest paid freelancers, you will notice that they don’t try to do everything. Instead, they focus on one or two core skills. Doing this allows them to position themselves as experts in that one thing and charge top dollar for their skills.
For instance, if you take a look at the Upwork profile of Danny Margulies, one of the highest paid freelance writers, you will notice that he focuses on one thing – email copywriting.
Not article writing, eBook ghostwriting, case study writing, email copywriting, landing page copywriting, and every other kind of writing there is on earth. Just email copywriting. This is why he is able to charge $150 per hour for his services.
Similarly, if you want to become a highly paid remote freelancer, you need to come up with a highly specific freelance offering, rather than trying to do everything within your industry.
To come up with your freelancing offer, you need to…
Identify Your Valuable Skill
To make money as a freelancer, you need to have a skill that is valuable enough for someone else to pay for.
Very often, most people base their freelance offering on their professional qualifications. For instance, if you are a qualified web developer, it makes sense to offer freelance web development services, since this is something you are already good at.
However, if you don’t want to base your freelance services on your professional qualifications, you can still sell other valuable skills that you possess. A good way to identify these skills is to look at areas you naturally excel in, or areas where other people come to you for help with.
For instance, if you are naturally good at decorating houses, you can offer freelance interior design and décor services. Similarly, if you are naturally good at writing, you can offer freelance writing services.
Identify What You Love To Do
What is the point of freelancing if you don’t get to do something that you love? After identifying the valuable skills that you possess, ask yourself “which of these things do I enjoy doing?”
As a freelancer, you don’t have a boss looking over your shoulder, and therefore, you are more likely to give it your all if you are doing something you love.
Determine If There Is A Market For Your Skill
Once you have identified your valuable skill that you enjoy, the final thing to do is to determine if you can make money selling this skill. A good way to do that is to use keyword research tools such as SEMrush to determine the number of people searching for the kind of services you intend to offer.
For example, let’s say that you are a skilled graphic designer who enjoys creating infographics, and you are thinking about offering freelance infographic design services. Entering the keywords infographic design on SEMrush will tell you the number of people interested in infographic design.
Once you identify something that is at the intersection of these three factors – something you are skilled at, something you enjoy doing, and something that is lucrative, you have a winning idea to base your freelance offering on.
To give you some ideas on what you can base your freelance offering on, here are some of the highest paying freelance skills in 2020.
Find A Good Freelancing Platform To Help You Earn Money Quickly
Once you have defined your freelance offering, the next step to becoming a high paid remote freelancer is to find a good platform that will allow you to find good clients and earn money quickly.
Let’s check out some good freelancing platforms that you should consider signing up on to find clients.
- Upwork: This is the world’s largest freelancing platform, with over 5 million clients. Upwork is an amazing platform for finding clients. However, there are many low-paying clients, so you have to wade through the muck in order to find the high paying clients.
- FlexJobs: This platform provides a curated and updated list of flexible gigs and remote jobs. All the jobs posted on this platform are well researched, so you don’t have to worry about getting scammed. However, if you want to use FlexJobs as your regular source of clients, you will have to pay a membership fee.
- Fiverr: This is a unique freelance platform where every gig starts at just $5. Don’t worry about selling your freelance services for $5 though. You have the option of setting up different job tiers that allow you to charge a lot more for your work.
- Guru: Guru is quite a simple freelance site to use, especially for beginners. There are lots of jobs posted on the platform, which means that it is unlikely that you will be unable to find clients here. Guru charges a 9% commission on your earnings.
- Freelancer: This is one of the oldest freelancing platforms. You will find a huge variety of projects on Freelancer. However, you can only apply for 8 jobs before you will be required to pay a membership fee.
Once you define your freelance offering, you just need to get on one of these sites, look for clients, and start making money on the side.
As your freelancing career picks up, you can even quit your job to become a full time freelancer.
4. Build a Niche Blog For Affiliate Marketing And Digital Products
If you are looking for a way to earn a passive income, you could consider building a niche blog for affiliate marketing and digital products.
A niche site refers to a website that caters to a very specific segment of the market. For instance, The Savvy Backpacker is a niche website because it caters to a very specific audience – those seeking to travel on a tight budget.
The idea behind niche sites is quite simple – build a site around a certain niche, rank for important keywords related to that niche, get lots of traffic from search engines, and then monetize the traffic through affiliate marketing and the sale of digital products.
Getting your site to dominate a niche takes quite some effort, but is it really worth the hard work? Can you make good money through a niche site? With the right approach, you can go from $0 to $1,000+ dollars within a couple of months.
For instance, Spencer Haws went from just a few dollars per month from his niche site in January 2019 to over $2,000 from the same niche site by December 2019.
Some of the highest earning niche site owners make tens of thousands of dollars from their niche sites. While only a few niche site owners manage to get to such figures, it is quite easy to build a niche site that brings in a four figure income every month.
To make money from a niche site, you first need to find the right niche, and then launch your affiliate blog in this niche.
Best Blogging Niches For Affiliate Marketing
One of the most important factors when it comes to making money from your niche site is choosing a profitable niche.
If you choose the wrong niche, it doesn’t matter how well your site ranks or how much traffic it attracts; you still won’t make money.
To help you set off in the right direction, I have compiled for you a list of some of the best niches for affiliate marketing and digital products, as well as sub niches you can focus on within each niche.
- Tech niche: Mobile technology, PC Technology, blockchain technology, PC technology, gaming, etc.
- Health niche: Weight loss, healthy eating, fitness, stress management, alternative medicine, reproductive health, skincare, etc.
- Digital marketing niche: Social media marketing, SEO marketing, search engine marketing, web design, mobile marketing, content marketing, email marketing, video marketing, etc.
- Love and relationships niche: blind dates, hook ups, relationship advice, interracial relationships, divorce, teen dating, etc.
- Personal finance and investment niche: stock market, loan management, forex, credit cards, etc.
- Pet care niche: pet accessories, pet diet and nutrition, pet grooming, etc.
- Fashion and beauty niche: men’s fashion, ladies’ fashion, kid’s fashion, beauty and cosmetics, summer fashion, winter fashion, etc.
- Travel niche: budget travel, luxury travel, medical travel, adventure travel, backpacking, etc.
Launch Your Affiliate Blog
After picking your affiliate niche, the next step is to launch your affiliate blog and start creating content. To do that, you first need to find hosting for your affiliate blog.
If this is your first time setting up a website, you might find it difficult to choose from the many available web hosting providers. However, we recommend using Bluehost. They are the best web hosting providers for a beginner owing to their low prices, easy set up process, high level of performance, and excellent customer service.
The registration process on Bluehost is pretty easy. Just click on our Bluehost link and then click on “Get Started.”
Next, choose a package that works for you.
After selecting your preferred package, the next step is to pick a domain for your site. The beauty of using Bluehost is that your domain will be registered for free for the first year.
After picking a domain, you will then be asked to pick any extras that you want on your hosting account. You can skip these for now.
Finally, you will need to provide your billing information and then proceed out to checkout to complete the registration.
After setting up your hosting, the next thing you need to do is to install a content management system that will allow you to publish and manage content on your blog.
The best CMS to use for your blog is WordPress. We recommend WordPress because it is quite easy to use, and it offers a high level of customization through thousands of plugins available for free.
Once you have set up your hosting on Bluehost and installed WordPress, you can now go ahead and create affiliate content for your site and start making money.
5. Start An Ecommerce Site And Sell Physical Products
Despite having started almost two decades ago, e-commerce is currently one of the fastest growing sectors.
A report by Statista predicts that by 2021, about 2.14 billion people will be making their purchases online, which is a huge increase from the 1.6 billion people who were shopping online in 2016.
In addition, ecommerce sales have grown from $1.5 trillion back in 2015 to $4.1 trillion in 2020, and are expected to hit $4.8 trillion by 2020.
These statistics are a clear indicator of how rapidly the ecommerce industry is growing. If you are looking for money making ideas, there are huge opportunities to make money by tapping into the ecommerce industry.
What makes starting an ecommerce business even more appealing is the fact that the barriers to entry are very low compared to starting other businesses, such as a brick and mortar store.
While this means that there will be lots of competition, it also means that you have no excuse for not starting your ecommerce site.
So, how much money can you make with an ecommerce site?
The beauty of starting an ecommerce business is that there is no limit to how much you can earn. Whether you are looking to start a small ecommerce site that will bring you a couple hundred or thousand dollars every month, or a huge ecommerce site that will compete with ecommerce behemoths like Amazon, it is all possible.
The key to making money through an ecommerce site is to ensure that you are selling the right products, and that you are selling on the right platforms.
Let’s take a more detailed look into these two factors:
Identify Profitable Products To Offer
It is impossible to make money through ecommerce if whatever you are selling is not profitable. Therefore, before putting something up for sale on your ecommerce site, you need to evaluate it and determine whether you will actually make money.
To determine whether a product will make you money, you should the following factors:
Demand For The Product
For you to make money from an ecommerce site, people have to buy your products. However, if there is no demand for what you are selling, no one will buy. Therefore, the first thing you need to do is to find out if people are already buying such products.
A good way to find out if there is demand for the product is to perform keyword research for keywords related to your product using a tool like SEMrush.
If there’s a lot of people searching for the product online, this shows there is high demand for the product.
Just because there is demand for your product, it doesn’t necessarily mean that your product will be profitable.
Therefore, you need to check whether your selling price will provide sufficient gross margins to cover the cost of the product and allow you to make a profit.
Ease Of Supply
How easy is it for you to source the product? Can you supply the product consistently without a significant change in price? Ideally, you should go for products that you will be able to source easily. You don’t want to be unable to supply the product just when demand is peaking.
Ease Of Shipping
The harder it is to ship your product, the more it will cost you to get the product to your customers, thereby eating into your profit margins. Therefore, you should aim for products that are easily shippable.
Customer Acquisition Costs
To make sales, you will need to advertise and market your products, and depending on your chosen marketing channel, this might cost you money.
These costs will eat into your profits, and therefore, you need to factor them in when calculating the profitability of your product.
Generally, you should aim for products that have low customer acquisition costs relative to gross margins.
Best eCommerce Platforms To Sell Your Products
After identifying profitable products to sell on your ecommerce site, the next thing you need to do is to figure out the best platform to sell them.
To make the process of starting your ecommerce site as easy as possible, here is a list of some of the best ecommerce platforms to sell your products.
Your Own Website
If you want total control over your ecommerce website, your best option is to sell your products on your own website. This allows you to control things like product categories, how users navigate on the site, how products are listed, and so on.
Selling on your own website also means that you don’t have to pay any fees or commissions to anyone, thus increasing your profit margin.
While building a full-fledged ecommerce site might be difficult if you do not have web development skills, you can use platforms like Shopify and WooCommerce to make it easier to set up your own online shop.
Amazon is the world’s largest ecommerce site, and instead of competing with them, you can actually use them to grow your ecommerce site.
The beauty of selling your products on Amazon is that it gives you access to the 100 million+ people who shop on Amazon.
With Amazon FBA, you can even outsource the storage and shipping of your products to Amazon, allowing you to just focus on selling.
This is another renowned ecommerce site that can give you access to a vast market. eBay currently has over 168 million active buyers and handles sales grossing over $95 billion every year. Listing your products on eBay allows you to tap into this huge market.
Facebook Marketplace has also emerged as a great online platform for selling products. Facebook currently has over 2.2 billion active monthly users, and of these, over 800 million use Facebook to buy, sell, or browse for items. Selling your products on Facebook Marketplace gives you access to this huge market.
What makes Facebook Marketplace even more appealing is the fact that there are no commissions or listing fees.
If you are selling niche craft supplies, vintage items and handmade items and crafts, Etsy is your best ecommerce platform. With over 19.8 million active buyers, you won’t have a hard time finding buyers for your products on Etsy.
Some of the products you can sell on Etsy include furniture, home décor, jewelry, wall paintings, art, toys, bags, and so on.
All you simply need to start an ecommerce business is to find the right products and match them up with the right ecommerce platform, and you will be on your way to making good money passively.
6. Sell Online Courses To Productize Your Knowledge
College education has become insanely expensive, creating the need for alternative ways for people to gain skills. One of these alternatives is online education.
If you have the skills someone wants to learn and you are willing to teach them, why should anyone pay for college tuition to gain the same skills when you can teach them for just a fraction of the cost?
The need for online education is so big that it is estimated that by 2022, the online education industry will be worth over $241 billion.
This explosion of the online education industry has created huge opportunities. If you have skills that other people would want to learn, you can productize your knowledge into online courses and make good money selling these courses on the internet.
The best part about selling online courses is that you don’t even have to teach professional skills. So long as you have a skill other people would want to learn, you can make money.
For instance, you can sell online courses teaching people how to play an instrument, speak a new language, approach the opposite gender, cook, make PowerPoint presentations, you name it.
So, how much money can you make selling online courses?
Data by Teachable, an online courses platform, shows that 18% of those selling their courses on the platform make over $10,000 every month. Therefore, with the right approach and effort, you can also make good money selling online courses.
The question is, what is the right approach to making money selling online courses?
Making money from online courses can be broken down into two steps:
Step 1: Productize Your Knowledge And Experience Into A Result-Oriented Online Course
For you to make money selling online courses, you first need to identify what valuable skills and knowledge you have, and then package these skills and knowledge into a result oriented online course.
To package your knowledge, skills, and experience into an online course, you need to…
Pick A Course Topic
The first step is to decide what you are going to teach. The topic of your online course will depend on what you are good at.
To identify what you are good at, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do my friends, colleagues, and acquaintances come to me for help in a specific thing that they think I am an expert at?
- Are there some problems I solve easily that other people struggle with?
- Am I highly skilled in a certain software that a lot of people would like to learn?
- Do I have a hobby that other people would be interested in learning?
Answering these questions will allow you to identify something you are highly skilled at. You can then base your online course on this skill.
Conduct Market Research
If you come up with an online course no one is interested in, then no one will purchase your course, and you won’t make money.
Therefore, before you start building the online course, conduct some research to validate your idea and determine whether there is a market for your online course.
Create An Outline For Your Course
Once you have determined that there is a market for your online course, the next thing you need to do is to come up with an outline for your online course.
This will help you determine what your course needs to cover, as well as how you will organize your course. Here, you should try to cover all the necessary topics related to the skill you want to teach.
Decide On The Delivery Format
With your outline ready, the next thing is to decide how you are going to deliver your course content. You can deliver your course content in text format, video tutorials, audio format, as a series of infographics, as checklists and worksheets, and so on.
The best format for your online course will depend on your course topic as well as your target audience. In some instances, you might even have to use two or more formats to make your course more effective.
Create Your Online Course
This is the part where you actually put together your online course, and as such, it is the most intense part and the most time consuming.
When creating the course content, you should focus on ensuring that each lesson offers a certain learning outcome. Remember, the aim of the course should be to impart skills, not just knowledge.
Choose A Platform To Host Your Online Course
After you are done creating your online course, the last thing you need to do is to determine where your online course will be hosted. You can host the course on your own website, or you can have it hosted on online course platforms.
While hosting your online course on your own website gives you greater control, it is quite complicated and requires some technical knowhow. We recommend that you host your online course on either Teachable or Thinkific. These two are some of the best online course platforms available on the internet.
Teachable is awesome when it comes to marketing and driving traffic to your online course (we use teachable for all our online courses), while Thinkific provides very useful tools for creating your online course from scratch.
Step 2: Build Trust With Your Audience And Convert Them To Your Online Courses
Once you create your online course, don’t expect that people will just start flocking to your course.
These people don’t know about your or your skills in whatever you are teaching. In order to get them to buy your online course, you need to build trust and convince them that you are knowledgeable about whatever you are teaching.
To build trust with you audience and then convert them into paying customers for your online course, you need to:
Launch A Blog
Launching a blog in a niche that is related to the topic of your online course does two things:
- It gives you an opportunity to showcase your experience and expertise in your field, build authority, and provide value for your audience. Showing how knowledgeable positions you as an expert and helps build trust with your audience.
- It gives you an opportunity for you to reach more people and market your online course.
Get Email Subscribers
Once your blog is up and running, your main objective should be to get all potential customers to sign up for your email list.
Once you get potential client’s email addresses, it becomes a lot easier to pitch your online course and hopefully convert them into paying customers.
When it comes to building your email list, we recommend ConvertKit, an excellent email marketing software that provides you with all the tools and resources you need to automate your email marketing efforts. And from our experience, it’s the most user-friendly email software service.
Run A Webinar To Convert Your Course
The final step is to create a webinar and invite people in your email list to the webinar. The aim of the webinar should be to provide value to your audience and then make an in-person pitch to help you convert as many people as you can to your course.
When it comes to creating your webinar, we recommend using WebinarJam. WebinarJam makes the process of creating and broadcasting your webinar very simple, and provides a ton of tools to ensure that your webinar is delivered effectively.
If you follow these two steps – productizing your skills into a results oriented course, and building trust with your audience and then converting them – you will be on your way to making a good passive income selling online courses.
7. Write eBooks And Sell Them Via Amazon and Co.
Today, more people consume books in digital format than in physical format. Statista predicts that eBook sales will hit $14.6 million by the end of 2020, and over $17.5 million by 2025.
This consistent growth of the eBook market has created opportunities for people to earn a passive income creating eBooks and selling them on platforms like Amazon, Blurb, E-Junkie, and so on.
There is good money to be made in eBook publishing. For instance, Amazon reports that in 2019, thousands of authors took home over $50,000 from selling their eBooks on the platform. The fact that thousands are doing it is enough proof that anyone can do it, if they are dedicated enough.
The best part about self-publishing your eBooks and selling them on platforms like Amazon is that it is relatively cost-free.
If you write and edit your book by yourself, your only investment is the time it takes you to write and edit the book. This makes it possible for just about anyone to become an author.
Another great thing about this business idea is that you don’t even have to be a great writer to make money selling eBooks. You can easily hire a ghostwriter off platforms like Upwork and Fiverr, have them write the book for you, and then sell it and make money.
To make money from the sale of eBooks, you need to…
Validate What eBook To Write And How To Price It
To make money from selling eBooks, you need to write about something people are interested in reading. The question is, how do you figure out if your eBook idea is a good one?
For your eBook to make money, you eBook idea needs to meet three key conditions:
- There should be a pre-existing market for the idea.
- There should be people willing to pay for the idea.
- The competition for the idea should be reasonable.
To determine whether your eBook idea meets these three conditions, you should ask yourself the following three questions:
Are There People Searching For My Idea?
If people are searching for books related to your idea, this shows that there is an existing market for the book you want to write.
To determine whether people are searching for books related to your idea is to perform a keyword research using a tool like SEMrush. This will give you the number of people searching for keywords related to your idea every month.
If there are enough people searching for keywords related to your idea, this is a good sign, and you can now move on to the next question.
Are There People Willing To Pay For The Idea?
Sometimes, people might be searching for information but might not be willing to pay for it.
This is why you need to confirm whether other authors within the niche are making money. If they aren’t, there is a high chance that you won’t make any money either.
To find out whether other authors are making money, go to Amazon Kindle Store and search for keywords related to your idea to find similar books by other authors.
Click on each book that appears on the first page, scroll down to product details and note down its Amazon Best Seller Rank (ABSR).
Enter the ABSR of each of these books into an Amazon Sales Rank Calculator to find out the number of copies each book sells per day. Multiply this number by the selling price of the book and then multiply by 30 to find out how much money each author makes per month.
Using this information, you can now determine the average amount of money authors in this niche make every month. If the average monthly revenue looks good, you can move on to the third question.
How Tough Is The Competition For This Idea?
You might have a good eBook idea in a profitable niche but still fail to make money because the niche or topic is too competitive.
To determine the level of competition for your book idea, go to Amazon Kindle Store and search for a keyword that best describes your book. The results page will show you the number of books related to the keyword.
For instance, if you want to publish a book on Freelance writing, typing the phrase on Amazon Kindle Store will show you how many books related to freelance writing are on Amazon.
The higher the number, the more competition you are up against.
Next, find the average ABSR number of the top three books related to your keyword. You will need to beat this ABSR in order for your book to be found organically by readers. The higher the ABSR number, the tougher the competition you are up against.
Finally, you can also check the quality of the books appearing on the first page when you search for keywords related to your topic. How are there reviews? How are the cover designs? How good are the book descriptions? The higher the quality of the books on the first page, the tougher the competition you are up against.
If you determine that there is a pre-existing market for your book, that people are buying similar books, and that the competition is not too tough, you can go ahead and write the book.
Pricing Your eBook
How you price your eBook will also have an impact on your sales and profits. Ideally, you should price your eBook low enough to drive more sales, but high enough for you to make a profit.
When pricing your eBook, you also need to think about the royalty schemes for the platforms where you are going to publish the eBook.
Ideally, you should aim for a price between $2.99 and $9.99. This is the price that attracts the largest royalty from most eBook stores. This price is also quite reasonable for your readers.
Best Platforms To Sell Your eBook
Once your eBook is ready, the next thing is to figure out the platforms where you are going to sell your eBook. Here are some of the best eBook platforms that you should consider:
- Amazon Kindle Store: This the largest and most popular eBook store. Publishing on Amazon Kindle Store gives you access to millions of Amazon customers. Amazon charges between 30% and 65% for every eBook sold on the platform.
- Payhip.com: This is a nice eBook platform that allows you to create promotional campaigns for your eBooks and even set up affiliate programs. Payhip charges a 5% commission on each sale.
- Selz.com: This is a complete ecommerce solution for authors. Selz.com charges a 2% commission for each sale, plus a small processing fee.
- Blurb.com: This is a cool eBook platform that handles everything from creating your eBook to promotion and selling. Blurb even allows you to sell your eBooks on other platforms as well.
- E-junkie: E-junkie is a complete marketplace for all kinds of digital downloads, including eBooks. E-junkie charges a monthly subscription fee to host your eBooks, rather than taking a commission on sales.
8. Launch An Exclusive Niche Email Newsletter
Most people consider email newsletters to be add-ons to an existing site or blog. For instance, if you run a pet blog, you can have a newsletter to notify your audience whenever you publish new content on your pet blog.
What many do not know is that an email newsletter can also be a business by itself. By creating an exclusive niche email newsletter, you can build a huge audience, and then find ways to monetize this audience and earn a passive income.
A good example of a business that is exclusive based on an email newsletter is TheHustle.co, an email newsletter that provides business and tech news on a daily basis. So far, the hustle has over $1 million subscribers and makes its founder thousands of dollars each day.
There are two reasons why starting an email newsletter is such a huge opportunity. As of 2019, there were 3.9 billion email users, with the number set to grow to 4.3 billion by 2023.
This means that with an email newsletter, you can potentially reach half of the world’s population.
In addition, email marketing offers the highest ROI of all digital marketing channels. This means that by focusing on building an email newsletter, you can potentially make more money than you would by focusing on other digital marketing channels.
If you want to start a profitable niche email newsletter, you need to do three things:
- Create a landing page
- Provide value to your newsletter audience
- Find ways to monetize your audience
Launch A Landing Page To Collect Email Subscribers
To run an email newsletter, you first need a way to collect your subscribers’ email addresses. This is where a landing page comes in.
A landing page is a web page whose sole aim is to collect people’s email addresses and subscribe them to your email newsletter.
Here is an example of a landing page from TheHustle.co
You should keep the design of your landing page simple like in the example above. You should also ensure that your landing page communicates the value that subscribers will get by subscribing to your newsletter. In other words, your landing page should answer the following question: why should someone subscribe to your newsletter?
Since your landing page is your main tool for collection of email addresses, all your marketing efforts should point directly to your landing page. For instance, if you are marketing your newsletter on Facebook, anyone clicking on your Facebook ad should be directed to your landing page so that they will give you their email address.
For increased effectiveness and efficiency in distributing your newsletter, you should pair your landing page with an email marketing tool, such as ConvertKit.
ConvertKit allows you to create beautifully designed landing pages, with loads of templates to choose from. Once someone shares their email address, ConvertKit will then automatically add it to your email list. You can also manage all aspects of your email newsletter directly on ConvertKit.
Provide Value To Your Newsletter Readers And Build Trust
Once you have gotten people to sign up for your mailing list, you need to keep the promise you made to them by delivering real value.
Delivering real value means providing high quality and engaging content that is relevant to your subscribers.
For instance, if people signed up to your email newsletter because you promised to provide them with the hottest tech news each week, that’s exactly what you need to do. Don’t provide news that isn’t hot, or news that doesn’t have anything to do with tech.
Make sure you are giving your subscribers what they signed up for, and they will learn to trust you and start looking forward to your email newsletter. The more your audience trusts you, the easier it becomes for you to monetize them.
One mistake a lot of people make is to include too many promotional messages in their newsletter. If you do this, your readers will get bored and unsubscribe from your newsletter or start ignoring your emails.
This will in turn make it harder for you to monetize your email list, and should therefore be avoided.
Monetize Your Engaged Audience
Once you have built a significant, engaged audience of people who trust you, it is now time to monetize your email list.
You have several options when it comes to making money from your email newsletter, such as:
- Affiliate marketing: You can sign up to an affiliate network and recommend relevant products to your audience in exchange for a commission every time someone from your audience makes a purchase.
- Selling digital products: Create digital products related to your niche and sell them to your audience.
- Selling online courses: You can also create online courses related to the niche of your email newsletter, upload them on Thinkific or Teachable, and sell them to your audience.
- Selling Ads: You can also make money from your newsletter by reaching out to advertisers and marketers and offering to include sponsored posts and ads in your email newsletter for a fee.
- Charging for newsletter membership: If your email newsletter provides unique and high value content, you can charge your audience a monthly subscription for access to the newsletter. Some good examples of newsletters that use this revenue model include Stratechery, The Browser, Sinocism, and Off The Chain.
If you follow these three steps – creating a landing page to collect emails, providing value to your audience to build trust, and then finding ways to monetize your audience – you could be making good money from your exclusive niche email newsletter within a few months.
9. Host Free Or Paid Webinars
If you are an expert in your field, you can also make money by hosting webinars related to your field and then finding ways to monetize these webinars.
A webinar refers to a live and interactive video presentation that is broadcast live over the internet. You can think of a webinar as a seminar or workshop that is held over the internet with the aid of video conferencing technologies.
There are hundreds of thousands of people who host webinars, and some of them earn as much as $10,000 from a single webinar. If they can do it, so can you.
Why webinars though?
Webinars present a great opportunity because the webinar market is growing steadily. A report by Kenneth Research indicates that the webinar market is set to hit $800 million by 2023, up from $547 million in 2015.
There are several other factors that make hosting webinars a great opportunity. First, close to three quarters of consumers prefer watching video content over reading text, thus making the case for webinars.
In addition, 20% – 40% of webinar attendees turn into qualified leads, and 5% of the attendees make a purchase within a few hours of viewing the webinar. With such stats, it is no surprise that 74% of B2B marketers believe that webinars are the best way to generate high quality leads.
So, how do you make money from hosting webinars?
Run Webinars To Collect Leads And Sell Your Offering
There are two kinds of webinars: paid webinars and free webinars.
Paid webinars make money by charging attendees an admission fee to access the webinar. If you are an expert who has already built enough authority in your field, hosting paid webinars can be a quick way to make money.
This is because your opinion and knowledge is respected, and therefore, people won’t have any qualms about paying to hear you speak about your field.
With free webinars, you are not charging people to attend your webinar. So, how can you make money with free webinars?
Free webinars are basically used as a lead generation machine. The idea is to invite potential clients to your webinar and then pitch to them during the webinar and hopefully convert some of them into paying customers.
For instance, let’s say you are an expert in digital marketing. You host a free webinar to teach people how to improve their SEO rankings, and 5,000 people attend the webinar. Towards the end of the webinar, after providing the attendees with valuable information about search optimization, you make a pitch about a tool you have created that helps with keyword research.
Out of the 5,000 attendees, 250 attendees end up paying for an annual subscription to your keyword research tool at a price of just $100, and you end up making $25,000 from a single webinar. In this case, the webinar was not the product itself, but a way for generating and converting leads.
With free webinars, you basically provide valuable information for free, and then close the webinar by offering a paid product or service. Some of the kinds of products and services you can promote through a webinar include:
- Software products: If you have a software product that is useful to your audience, you can use the webinar as a product demo to showcase and sell your product.
- Books: If you are a published author, you can use webinars to showcase your authority, knowledge, and expertise in your field, and then end the webinar by promoting your book.
- Online courses and coaching programs: If you have an online course or a coaching program, you can hold a webinar to demonstrate your expertise in your field and then use the webinar to pitch your online course or coaching program to attendees.
- Ads: You can also make money from free webinars by offering to put an advertiser’s brand in front of your audience. For instance, you can host a sponsored webinar, with the sponsor’s logo or products displayed prominently during the webinar.
Best Webinar Solutions For Beginners
Before you can host a webinar, you need a webinar platform to host, broadcast, and manage different aspects of your webinar. Here are some of the best webinar solutions you should consider using to host your webinar:
This is the world’s leading webinar solution at the moment. It is easy to use, even for complete beginners. It also offers a ton of tools you can use to set up and manage your webinar, such as the ability to stream to YouTube, and pop-ups that allow your audience to make purchases from within the webinar.
This is another great webinar solution that is relatively easy to use. It also offers some great functionality, such as HD streaming, cloud recording, webinar customization, advanced tracking options, and inbuilt analytics. It can also be integrated with a wide range of marketing tools.
Like the other solutions in this list, WebinarNinja is quite easy to use. It also offers very fast live chat, timed offers, polls, instant screen sharing, customized landing pages, inbuilt analytics, and email automation. WebinarNinja can also be integrated with over 1,000 other apps.
This is a powerful webinar solution that offers customizable attendee facing interfaces, real time analytics, audience interaction, lead management, and so on.
Livestorm is both a webinar solution and an online meeting tool. It has a well-designed, intuitive interface, and offers a great set of features. These include the ability to integrate with various tools, email marketing, landing page creation, chat and polls, ability to co-host webinars, and so on. Livestorm offers a free and a paid version.
10. Start A Membership Site
Starting a membership site is another great option for generating a passive and recurrent income. A membership site simply refers to a website that contains protected content that is only accessible to members who have paid a membership fee.
You can think of a membership site like a gym. A gym contains workout equipment that you can only use once you have paid the gym subscription. Similarly, a membership site contains useful content that you can only use after paying to become a member.
If you have the right kind of content, you can make very good money through membership sites.
For example, Lynda.com is a membership site that gives members access to tutorials and “how to” videos. Despite their membership fee being just $25 per month, Lynda.com brings in about $200 million every year.
If you feel that Lynda.com is too big a company whose success you cannot replicate, you can also check out Smart Blogger, which is run by Jon Morrow. Smart Blogger has a membership area that gives members access to premium online courses.
Through this membership area, Smart Blogger brings in over $100,000 a year. Imagine what you would do with an extra $10,000 to your annual income.
Here is a screenshot of one of the membership areas offered by Smart Blogger. This membership site gives members access to 30+ premium courses.
Design Your Membership Offering
Before you can start a membership site, you need to design a membership offering that people will be willing to pay for. To come up with a great membership offering, you need to…
Brainstorm Ideas For Your Membership Site
The first thing you need to do is to come up with ideas on the kind of membership site you are going to create, as well as the kind of content that members will have access to. Some of the kinds of content you can offer on your membership site include:
- Online courses
- Premium articles and reports
- Curated content
- Industry insights
- Digital products
- A jobs board
- Access to a community
Research Your Idea
Once you have decided on the kind of membership site you are going to create, the next step is to conduct market research to find out whether there is demand for that kind of membership site, and whether there are people willing to pay for what you intend to offer.
Plan The Specifics Of Membership Program
If you determine that there is a ready and willing market for your idea, the next step is to decide on the specifics of your membership offering.
- In what format will the content be delivered?
- How long will the membership last?
- Will you charge a one-time fee or a monthly subscription?
- How much are you going to charge for your membership program?
Once you are through with these three steps, you can go ahead and create your membership site.
Provided you are offering high quality content, and with proper marketing, you can easily start making four figures in passive income from your membership site within a few months.
11. Start Online Coaching And Sell Your Advice
Today, people are obsessed with self-improvement, both personally and professionally.
You can leverage this obsession and turn it into a lucrative online business by becoming an online coach and helping people become better versions of themselves.
“Coaching refers to partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential.” – The International Coaching Federation (IFC).
A report by IBISWord estimates that in 2019, the business coaching industry in the United States was worth over $15 billion, up from $2.4 billion in 2015.
Considering that these figures are from the US alone, and considering that they don’t take into account other kinds of coaching, you can already begin to see how big of an opportunity coaching is.
The best part about starting an online coaching business is that you can become a coach in just about every imaginable industry, provided you have the skills and knowledge. You can coach people how to…
- Lose weight
- Scale their business
- Attract better clients
- Achieve their life goals
- Become more organized
- Become better leaders
- Become better parents
- Become better lovers
- The list is endless.
To make money as an online coach, you need to do two things: design a profitable coaching offering, and then find ways to attract and convert clients.
Design A Profitable Coaching Offer
If you want to make money through online coaching, you have to start with a profitable coaching offering. A profitable coaching offering is one that generates enough demand, and one that people are willing to pay for.
To come up with a profitable coaching offering, you need to…
Choose A Profitable Niche
If you are in the wrong niche, it doesn’t matter how hard you market your services; you still won’t make money.
Here are some profitable niches you should consider for your online coaching business:
- Business coaching
- Financial coaching
- Health and wellness coaching
- Spiritual coaching
- Relationship coaching
- Skills coaching
Determine Your Target Customer
Targeting the right customer is as important as choosing the right niche. You might have the right niche, but if you target the wrong customers, you won’t make money.
The right customers are those that are struggling with the problem that you are trying to solve, and those that are willing to pay someone to help them solve that problem.
When defining your target customers, it is important to get very specific. For instance, if you are offering coaching on how to scale a business, you shouldn’t target everyone who owns a business. Instead, you want to target a specific audience, such as “tech startups owners in the U.S. with $100,000 annual revenue who are looking to scale fast.”
Having a specific target audience will make it easier for you to market yourself and to deliver the right results.
Determine Your USP
Having chosen a profitable niche and defined your target audience, the final thing you need to do is to come up with a unique selling proposition (USP) for your coaching offering. Your USP is something that your coaching program offers that no one else in the market can offer.
Your USP is what makes your coaching offering unique, and will play a huge role in helping you to attract clients. Armed with a USP, you can then go ahead and create a coaching offering that delivers on this USP.
Acquire Traffic, Build Trust In Your Email Funnel, And Hold Paid Coaching Calls
With your coaching offering ready, it’s now time to attract traffic to your coaching program and convert the traffic into paying customers.
When it comes to attracting traffic, we recommend focusing on one paid marketing channel, such as Facebook ads, and setting a marketing campaign for that channel. This is the quickest way to drive significant traffic to your coaching program.
Your choice of paid marketing channel will depend on your target audience. You can run your marketing campaign on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google AdWords, Pinterest, or any other platform that you feel will be effective in helping you reach your target audience.
Your paid marketing campaign should be accompanied by a landing page where people who will click on your ad will be directed. The purpose of the landing page is to convince these people to give you their email address. You can use lead magnets as an incentive to get them to share their email address.
Once they share their email address, they turn into leads and are automatically added to your email marketing funnel. Here, you will continue providing these leads with valuable content through a drip email campaign to build trust.
Finally, after you have built significant trust and showed your expertise, you can now pitch your online coaching program.
Since your audience has already seen the value of the content you have been providing for free, they are more likely to convert at this point, and you can now hold paid coaching calls and smile all the way to the bank.
12. Invest With A Robo-Advisor
If you have some funds to invest, but lack investing knowledge or the time to follow the markets and build a portfolio, you can still make money passively by investing with the help of a robo-advisor.
A robo-advisor is simply an automated digital platform that uses data and algorithms to make financial investment decisions without any human supervision.
When you use a robo-advisor to manage your investment, the robo-advisor uses information it has about you, market data, as well as its algorithms to make investment decisions on your behalf, and with your best interests at heart.
With a robo-advisor, investing becomes a set-it-and-forget-it undertaking. You fund your account and focus on other aspects while your portfolio continues growing with the help of the robo-advisor.
How reliable is robo-advisor investing? Can you actually make money with your portfolio with a piece of software?
According to Statista, the amount of assets being managed by robo-advisors was set to hit 8.1 trillion in 2020, up from 0.1 trillion back in 2015. This increase shows investor confidence in robo-advisors and acts as testament to their reliability.
The best part about investing with robo-advisors is that you don’t need any extensive investment knowledge and skills in order to make money, since the robo-advisor handles everything for you. In addition, robo-advisors are a lot cheaper compared to hiring a financial advisor or a portfolio manager.
To start investing with a robo-advisor, you need to do three things:
- Pick the right robo-advisor for you. I recommend Betterment and Wealthfront.
- Answer questions about your risk tolerance level, investment goals, and investment timelines.
- Fund your account and leave your robo-advisor to build your investment portfolio.
It’s that simple. Do these three things and sit back as your money continues multiplying without any further action or intervention from you.
13. Make Money With Peer-To-Peer Lending
If you have some money saved and are looking for a way to earn an extra income from your savings, you should consider getting into peer-to-peer lending.
Peer-to-peer (P2P) lending is a relatively new form of financing that allows individuals to lend money to qualified applicants directly, without going through a bank or financial institution. This is made possible by P2P lending websites, which bring together lenders and borrowers.
By putting your money into a P2P lending platform and loaning it out to individuals who need the money, you can earn more than you would earn with other kinds of investments. For instance, you can make more through P2P loans that you can make through certificates of deposit (CD) or a high yield savings account.
Despite being relatively new, P2P lending has grown into a very big industry. TechSci Research reports that by 2018, the global P2P lending market was worth over $15 billion, and is expected to pass the $44 billion mark by 2024.
So, how much money can you make through P2P lending?
Your returns from Peer-to-peer lending will depend on a number of factors, such as your investment amount, the type of loan, and your risk tolerance levels. Generally, lower risk borrowers pay lower interest rates compared to higher-risk borrowers.
Your returns will also depend on your chosen P2P lending platform, since different P2P lending websites have different interest rates and loan terms. However, it is not uncommon to see investors making 10 – 12% annual returns through P2P lending.
To get started with P2P lending, you need to:
- Pick a peer-to-peer lending website that works for you and create your account. I recommend either Peerform or LendingClub, two of the best P2P lending sites in the market.
- Deposit funds into your P2P lending account
- Review applications from borrowers and approve applications you like.
- Wait for the loan to be repaid and earn interest as payments are made. You can then either reinvest your earnings or cash them out.
14. Buy And Sell Domain Names
Buying and selling domains, also referred to as domain flipping, is another great way to make money passively on the internet. The idea behind domain flipping is really simple. All you need to do is to buy a domain at a low price and sell it at a profit.
What makes domain flipping such a powerful business model is its huge potential for profit. Below, check out some of the most expensive domains ever sold.
All these domains were sold for millions of dollars, despite being bought for just a few dollars. Of course, the chances of landing on such high value domains are slim, but you can still make a significant amount of money from flipping domains.
For instance, if you look at Flippa, the world’s biggest domain flipping site, and search for domains selling within the $5,000 – $14,999 range, you will notice that there are hundreds of thousands of domains on sale.
What this means is that with the right approach, it is very possible for someone to make good money through domain flipping.
The key to making money through domain flipping is to make sure you know how to find promising domains fast, and when and how to sell these domains for a huge profit.
How To Find And Buy Promising Domains Fast
Your success in domain flipping depends largely on your ability to find high value domains quickly. If you buy domains that no one wants, you will have no one to sell the domains to. The question is, how do you identify domains that will have lots of demand in advance?
Here are some pointers to follow when purchasing domains.
- Go for keyword rich domains: If you look at some of the most expensive domains shown above, you will notice that most of them are based on industry keywords, such as car insurance, vacation rentals, hotels, internet, sex, and so on. If you find a domain that is based on keywords that define and industry, you can bet that this domain will have lots of demand.
- Generic names: Domains based on generic product names also attract a lot of demand. I’m talking about domains like cars.com, shoes.com, toys.com, and so on.
- Geographic names: Names of countries and popular cities also make very profitable domain names. Sometimes, you can also consider combining a geographic name with an industry keyword or a generic name, such as DenverRentals.com.
- Professional names: Domains based on names of professions can also be very profitable. I’m talking about names such as dentist, lawyer, architect, and so on. These are even more valuable when combined with a geographic name, such as FloridaArchitect.com.
- Go for .com extensions: Domain names with a .com extension are the most profitable, since this is the most common domain extension. Other domain extensions might not be as valuable. However, you can also consider country-specific domains, such as such as .co.ca for Canada, .co.uk for the UK, and .co.au for Australia.
When And How To Sell Your Domains At A Huge Profit
Just because you have a promising domain, this doesn’t automatically mean that you are going to make money. You also need to make sure that the domain you are selling is seen by potential buyers.
There are two major ways of selling a domain. The first one is to park the domain with a “for sale” landing page. This way, whoever is interested in the domain will immediately know that you are open to selling.
The second option is to list the domain on domain flipping sites like Sedo, Flippa, GoDaddy, Bido, and so on. These sites attract lots of people who are interested in buying domains, thus making it easier for you to find an interested buyer.
Your profit from selling domains will also depend on how you are going to price your domain. There are three main ways of pricing domains:
- Setting your price: If you have a large portfolio of valuable domains and are in no hurry to sell, you can set your price and wait for someone who is willing to pay the price to come along.
- Auctioning the domain: If your domain is attracting lots of interest, putting up for auction is the best approach, since it guarantees that you will get the highest price possible. Many of the most expensive domains were sold through auctions.
- Make an offer: If you have a domain in a highly specific niche, and one whose exact value is difficult to determine, you can reach out to people who would be interested in the domain and make an offer to sell it to them at a specific price. Of course, you might have to negotiate if they are not willing to pay your price.
While finding promising domains will take a lot of work, domain flipping can still be a great way to make good money on the side. If you are lucky, you could even end up selling one of your domains for millions.
15. Join A Remote Company Part-Time (Or Full-Time)
As more and more work gets done on digital platforms, companies are becoming more open to the idea of having remote workers.
If you have some time to spare, you can increase your income by working remotely for a company on a part-time basis. If you don’t have a day job, this is something you can even do on a full-time basis.
Various studies show that remote work has been on a steady growth over the last decade, thus increasing opportunities for people to sell their skills to companies from outside their geographical location.
Why remote work though?
Joining a remote company on a part-time or full-time basis offers several advantages.
- You don’t have to worry about relocation.
- Most remote companies offer flexible work schedules, which means you can easily manage to work remotely without affecting your other daily obligations.
- You get to earn more from your skills. A report by Global Workplace Analytics and FlexJobs shows that people working remotely make about $4,000 more, on average compared to on-site employees.
The easiest way to find remote work opportunities is to sign up on remote work platforms and apply for remote jobs posted on these platforms.
Best Platforms To Find Remote Jobs
The rapid growth of remote work has led to the creation of dozens of remote work platforms. However, some of them could end up wasting your time, either because they don’t have enough jobs, or because they only post low quality jobs that don’t pay well.
To avoid wasting your time on low quality remote work platforms, here are five of the best remote work platforms you should consider signing up on.
- FlexJobs: This is a well-known jobs site that focuses on both full-time and part-time jobs that can be done remotely. At any one time, you will find tens of thousands of jobs across over 50 career categories. The best part about Flexjobs is that each job is screened before posting, so you don’t have to worry about scammers. However, unlike most other remote work platforms, you need to pay in order to apply for the jobs posted on FlexJobs.
- Upwork: This is the world’s largest freelancing site. The site brings together businesses to independent contractors from across the world. There are hundreds of jobs posted on Upwork every hour, with jobs ranging across a wide variety of categories. The best part is that joining Upwork is free.
- We Work Remotely: This remote work platform is similar to FlexJobs, with the main difference being that you don’t have to pay to access the jobs posted on We Work Remotely. Just like on FlexJobs, each job is screened before posting, and you can expect to find all kinds of remote work.
- ProBlogger Job Board: This remote work platform focuses on freelance writing and content writing jobs. The jobs posted on the ProBlogger Job Board are of a high quality, with good pay.
- Virtual Vocations: This is another popular remote work platform that contains over 10,000 remote jobs at any one time. Like most of the other platforms listed here, the jobs are screened before posting to weed out scammers. You will also find remote jobs across a wide range of industries. Like FlexJobs, you have to pay to access the jobs posted on Virtual Vocations.
16. Test Websites, Apps And Software (And Provide Detailed User Feedback)
Testing websites, apps, and software is one of the most overlooked ways of making an extra income on the internet. Actually, some people consider it to be a scam. However, it is actually possible to make money testing websites and apps on the internet.
Whenever developers create a mobile app, a website, or a piece of software, they need to be sure that it works as advertised for the target user. However, the developers themselves cannot give a very fair evaluation of their own product because they are likely to be biased.
This is where you come in. Your role in this case is to use the website or app as an ordinary user and provide a detailed report of your experience. Your report helps the development team to iron out any bugs or usability problems before releasing the website or app to the public.
The best part about this money making opportunity is that you don’t need to be a computer genius in order to make money testing websites and apps. You don’t even need any special equipment. All you need are…
- A computer or smartphone
- A webcam
- A microphone
- A PayPal account to receive your payments
So, how much money can you make testing websites and apps?
Generally, most user testing platforms pay just a couple dollars per test, and considering that you won’t have tests every day, don’t expect to make a full-time income testing websites and apps. This should only be used as a way of supplementing your main income. That said, it is possible to make around $100 – $200 testing websites and apps.
Best Platforms To Make Money Online From Testing Websites
To supplement your income by testing websites and apps, you need to sign up on a good testing platform. Here are five of the best website testing platforms you should consider signing up on.
- UserTesting: This is the biggest and the most popular site for app and website testing jobs. Before you can start getting testing jobs on UserTesting, you will need to take a five minute sample test. UserTesting pays between $10 and $15 per test, with the average test taking about 20 minutes.
- TestBirds: TestBirds allow you to test drive websites, mobile apps, video games, and even electronics. The average test on TestBirds pays about $10, though you can make up to over $70 on some tests. Some other tests might also have bonuses for uncovering bugs.
- TestingTime: Unlike the other platforms in this list, tests run on TestingTime are usually lengthy, taking between 30 and 90 minutes. The tests are typically conducted through Skype.
- UserFeel: This is yet another great platform for website and app testing jobs. Like most of the other platforms, the average pay per test is $10. Depending on your prowess, you can easily make $100 – $200 on UserFeel.
- TryMyUI: Before you can start testing websites and apps on TryMyUI, you will have to undergo a qualification test to show that you are conversant with testing requirements. TryMyUI pays $10 per test, with each test taking about 15 minutes.
17. Launch A Tech Or Software Startup
If you have some coding skills, you can leverage them to launch a software or tech startup and propel yourself into wealth within a few years.
We have all heard stories of people who went from zero to billionaire status by creating software products and building companies around these software products:
- Mark Zuckerberg at Facebook
- Jeff Bezos at Amazon
- Larry Page and Sergey Brin at Google
- Larry Ellison at Oracle
- Bill Gates at Microsoft
The list of people who made lots of wealth from starting software companies is long. What’s more, you will be surprised to learn that many of them started with nothing other than their programming skills. Some of them were actually college dropouts.
If these people could start with nothing and build billion dollar tech companies, there is no reason you cannot do the same yourself, provided you have the skills.
Even if you do not have the coding skills, you can still hire developers to build your software solution, build a company around the solution, and make yourself tons of money.
If you are wondering whether there is money to be made with software startups today, consider this: According to Statista, software companies made about $456.1 billion in 2018. By 2021, it is estimated that this figure will have grown to $507.2 billion. Why miss out on this massive opportunity when you have what it takes?
In addition, investor confidence in startups has been rising steadily over the last two decades.
In the first six months of 2019, venture capitalists invested over $54.9 billion in startups within the United States, with these numbers being the highest since the dot com boom back in 2000.
Out of the $54.9 billion, a whopping $22.6 billion went to internet companies. This shows there has never been a better time to launch a software startup in the last two decades, since your chances of securing venture capital funding are quite high.
So, how do you launch a tech or software startup?
Design Your Offering
Every software startup started off as an idea in the founder’s mind. The same way, before you can launch your software startup, you need to come up with a good enough idea for your startup. What are you going to offer your customers?
Here are the steps to follow to come up with a good offering for your software startup.
Focus On A Problem Or Need
Every successful software or tech company out there achieved success because it solves a need or problem that its customers are struggling with.
If you want to build a successful software startup, you should also start by focusing on a problem and coming up with a solution for it.
There are several ways to identify problems that you can solve through your startup. For instance, observing your personal problems and needs can help you identify problems that other people could be struggling with as well.
Another good way to identify problems that need solving is to look at the problems within your industry. Is there something that your colleagues or other people in your industry routinely struggle with? Do you think you can come up with a solution to this problem?
The bigger the problem, and the more pressing it is, the higher the likelihood that this problem will lead to a good idea for your startup.
Define Your Customer Segment
Once you have identified a problem that needs solving, the next thing you need to do is to define the customer segment that you are going to focus on.
Different people could have the same problem, but not all of them will be willing to pay for a solution, and not all of them will be looking for the same kind of solution.
This is why it is very important to define your customer segment. By focusing on a single customer segment, you can then design a solution that solves the problem in the most effective way for that particular customer.
Come Up With Your Value Proposition
Armed with information about the problem you are trying to solve, as well as the customer segment you are targeting, it is now time to come up with your value proposition.
Your value proposition is the main thing your solution offers that no one in the market is offering. This is what convinces prospects to do business with you instead of your competitors.
Your solution could be cheaper, faster, more effective, easier to use, easier to integrate, or more stable and reliable.
Your value proposition is what will guide the development of your product.
Determine Your Pricing Model
Finally, after you have developed your software product based on your value proposition, you need to determine the pricing model you are going to use. Your pricing model will affect the adoption of your software product, so this is something you need to think about carefully.
When it comes to pricing your product, there are several pricing models to choose from…
- The freemium model, where you offer basic features for free, while users have to pay to access advanced features.
- Subscription based pricing model
- One time registration model
- Free model supported by ads
- Tiered user pricing model, where you offer different packages with different features at different prices.
Your pricing model of choice will depend on your product, as well as the customer segment you are targeting.
Validate And Scale Customer Acquisition
Now that you have designed your offering, the next step is to validate your offering and confirm that you have a product that the market is willing to pay for. The best way to do this is to apply the principles of lean development and agile marketing.
With this approach, the first thing you need to do is to develop a minimum viable product (MVP) version of your product. This is a bare bones version of your product that only contains the absolutely necessary features.
Once you develop an MVP, the next thing you need to do is to get a small group of potential customers, called beta testers, to test the product. This group will put your product through the paces like any regular customer would and provide you with feedback about what they like and dislike about your product.
Armed with this feedback, you then incorporate the user feedback to build a better version of your software product. Keep repeating this process until you come up with a product that meets customer requirements in the most effective way.
Once you are confident that you have the best version of your software product, you can then go ahead and scale, using the principles of agile marketing to get as many users for your product as possible.
Get Investors On Board, If Needed
Getting a software startup company off the ground often requires lots of capital. If you can bootstrap and fund your startup by yourself, this is the best approach, since you will retain 100% control over your company.
Sometimes, however, you might not have enough financial muscle to fund your startup by yourself. In this case, you will need to bring investors on board in exchange for some equity in your company.
To get investors, you will need to develop a pitch deck for your startup company, reach out to potential investors and venture capitalists, and convince them why they should fund your startup. The major downside to bringing investors on board is that you will have to cede some control over your startup.
With Google reporting that the word “podcast” has been attracting up to 10 million searches per month in 2020, there are lots of opportunities to make money with podcasting.
Here are a few stats to demonstrate how huge of an opportunity podcasting presents:
- Over half of the US population above the age of 12 listens to podcasts.
- Close to one third (32%) of the US population listens to podcasts every month.
- eMarketer reports that annual ad revenue generated by podcasts will exceed $1 billion by 2021.
- According to Bloomberg, the top podcasts routinely generate over $1 million in annual revenue.
All these statistics show that there is a huge opportunity to make lots of money through podcasting. There is no reason you shouldn’t start your own podcast and get a share of this pie.
So, how do you start a podcast?
Starting a podcast is pretty easy, and doesn’t even require lots of resources. You can even start recording your podcast using your smartphone. Here are the steps to follow to start a successful podcast…
Find A Niche For Your Podcast
Focusing on a specific niche makes it a lot easier for you to build your brand and create content that is relevant to your target audience. It is also easier to target sponsors and advertisers when you focus on a specific niche.
Choose Your Podcast Format
Pick a podcast format that you are comfortable with and one that is in line with your niche. You can use any of these podcast formats:
- Interview podcast
- Education podcast
- Scripted non-fiction podcast
- Scripted fiction podcast
- News recap podcast
Choose A Podcast Hosting Provider
You also need to find a hosting provider that will allow you to put your podcast online and make it possible for your audience to stream and download your podcast.
While there are dozens of podcast hosting providers to choose from, I recommend hosting your podcast on BuzzSprout. Check out some reasons why you should host your podcast on BuzzSprout.
- Secure and reliable hosting
- Inbuilt analytics
- Offers HTML5 players
- Offers full iTunes support
- Simple and intuitive design that is easy to use
- Simple pricing scheme. You can even host your podcast for free for up to three months.
Create Good Podcast Content
The success of your podcast ultimately depends on your content. Focus on creating the best content possible, with good interviewing and presentation skills, good audio quality, and great, interesting topics that attract listeners.
Monetize Your Podcast
Once you have built a significant and loyal audience, you can now start monetizing your podcast. There are lots of ways of generating an income from your podcast, such as…
- Selling ads and commercials
- Podcast sponsorships
- Advertising your own products and services
- Repurposing your content into books and audiobooks
- Affiliate marketing
- Creating premium or paid content
- Donations and crowdfunding
- Selling tickets to your live shows
- Selling branded merchandise
- Speaking gigs
If you love speaking and can find inspiring stories to share with your audience, starting a podcast is a great way of making money on the side and building your brand.
19. Make Money As A YouTube Star
You probably spend a couple hours watching videos on YouTube, but have you ever stopped to think about how much money your favorite YouTube stars make from their YouTube Channels?
YouTube is the second largest social media platform, with over 2 billion active monthly users. Being able to reach over 2 billion people through a single platform creates huge opportunities to make money. Some of your favorite YouTube stars are cashing in on this opportunity, and there is no reason why you shouldn’t too.
Here, check out some of the highest earning YouTube stars in 2019.
The best part about making money from YouTube is that anyone can do it, even children. Would you be surprised if I told you that the top earning YouTube star in 2019 is an 8 year old? If an 8 year old can earn $26 million on YouTube, you can also make money on the platform.
Another great thing about making money from YouTube is that you can make money creating videos about all sorts of topics.
Whether you prefer focusing on beauty tutorials, product unboxing and reviews, gaming, relationships, interior décor, or just about any other topic, you can still make money.
So, what is the key to making money on YouTube?
Master YouTube SEO To Drive Millions In Video Views
To generate significant revenue from YouTube, you need to make sure that your videos are getting as many views as they can. The more the views on your videos, the higher the amount of money you can potentially make from your YouTube channel.
So, how do you drive millions of views to your YouTube videos? To do this, you need to master YouTube SEO. YouTube SEO is basically optimizing your video to rank higher in YouTube search results.
Here are a couple of ways to boost your video’s ranking on YouTube.
- Perform keywords research: YouTube is a search engine like Google, so you need to find out the keywords users are using to find videos similar to yours. You should then use these keywords in your video title, description, and tags.
- Write long descriptions: Having long descriptions for your videos makes it easier for YouTube’s algorithms to understand what your video is about. A long description also allows you to include all relevant keywords, including long-tail keywords.
- Target “video keywords”: In addition to ranking on YouTube, you should also get your videos to rank on Google. For this to happen, you need to optimize your videos around video keywords. These are keywords that show video results when someone searches on Google. For instance, if you search for “how to tie a tie,” the first few search results are videos, because this is a video keyword. Google understands that someone searching for these keywords will most probably want to see a video.
- Encourage viewers to like and subscribe: When your viewers like your videos and subscribe to your channel, this tells YouTube that your video is worth watching. As a result, YouTube algorithms are more likely to rank your video higher in their search results.
- Create high retention videos: When people view your whole video, instead of abandoning it midway, YouTube sees this as an indicator that your video is interesting, so they rank it higher. Therefore, you should focus on creating interesting and engaging videos that will keep viewers watching to the end.
Skip YouTube Ads And Earn Some Real Money Online
When most people think about making money on YouTube, they automatically think about YouTube ads. However, here’s the thing about YouTube ads. YouTube only pays about $3 – $5 per 1,000 views. This is not a very great way of making money. Assuming your video gets to 1 million views, you will only make about $3,000 – $5,000.
The highest paid YouTube stars don’t make their money through YouTube ads. Instead, they focus on building a loyal audience, and then finding things to sell to this audience. This is the easiest way to make money on YouTube.
Here are some ideas on how you can make money through your YouTube channel:
- Promote your online course: If you have an online course, you can use YouTube videos to showcase your expertise, build trust, and pitch your online course to your audience.
- Sell digital products: You can also use your YouTube channels to advertise your own digital products, such as eBooks, WordPress themes and plugins, templates, and so on.
- Promote your membership site: If you have a membership site, you can use your YouTube channel to provide some free but valuable content to showcase your expertise. You can then ask your viewers to subscribe to your membership site to access your premium content.
- Affiliate marketing: This is by far one of the most common ways of making money on YouTube. For instance, Ryan Kaji became the highest earning YouTuber by reviewing toys, recommending them to kids, and then earning commissions for all sales made through his unique referral link.
Making money on YouTube is as simple as that. Create great video content, master YouTube SEO to drive traffic to your videos, and then monetize your videos through one of the income streams covered above.
20. Join Survey Sites And Earn Up To $500 Per Month
Taking paid surveys is one of the easiest ways of making money online. But why would anyone pay you to simply complete an online survey?
Companies depend on consumer feedback to help them create better products, better advertisements, better services, and so on. They also need consumer feedback to determine market potential for their ideas and new products.
When you take paid surveys, you are essentially being paid to provide these companies with valuable consumer feedback.
The best thing about making money with paid survey sites is that it is very simple. Anyone can do it. All you need is an internet connection.
So, how do paid survey sites work?
The process itself is quite simple. You only need to:
- Sign up on a paid survey site of your choice.
- Fill out your profile
- Find and complete surveys
- Get paid
So, how much can you make with online surveys?
Generally, online survey sites pay a few dollars per survey, so don’t expect to make millions from surveys.
However, you can make a couple hundred dollars from online surveys, which is enough to pay off some debt, go on a vacation, and so on.
Best Survey Sites To Earn Money Online Fast
Just because it is possible to make money with online surveys, this doesn’t mean that you should go ahead and sign up for the first online survey site you come across.
Some online survey sites are not legitimate, and will not pay you even after completing surveys.
Here are some of the best online survey sites you should consider joining…
- SwagBucks: This is the most popular online survey site out there. SwagBucks pays you to complete surveys, as well as taking other actions like voting in polls, watching video ads, playing games, and so on.
- MyPoints: Established over 20 years ago, this is another popular site for online surveys. Just like SwagBucks, you can earn rewards for completing various tasks, such as completing surveys, reading emails, playing games, and so on. MyPoints pays in the form of gift cards which can be used on PayPal and at retail outlets like Amazon, Walmart, and StarBucks.
- Survey Junkie: Completing surveys on Survey Junkie is another great way of earning money during your free time. This site pays an average of $1 – $3 per survey. They also have lots of surveys, so you are unlikely to run out of surveys to take.
- InboxDollars: InboxDollars provides lots of surveys, though their average pay per survey is quite low. However, they also offer a $5 bonus after signing up.
- Valued Opinions: This site pays between $1 and $5 for every survey, so it is a great way to earn a couple of dollars from your free time every day.
The secret to making money from online surveys is to sign up on several online survey sites. This way, you are unlikely to run out of surveys to complete.
21. Become An Influencer On Instagram
If you love posting and spending time on Instagram, you are sitting on an opportunity to earn money online on Instagram doing something you love.
Influencer marketing involves building a significant following on a social media platform, and then leveraging your influence to get your followers to take specific action, such as liking a brand’s social media pages or buying a product.
With digital marketing becoming harder and harder every day, brands are willing to pay you handsomely if you can use your influence to positively impact their brand.
Why Instagram though?
Instagram is the best platform for influencer marketing. According to a survey by Bloglovin, 59% of micro-influencers claim that Instagram is the most effective platform for influencer marketing.
Many micro-influencers also feel that Instagram is the best platform for branded content.
In addition, marketers also agree that Instagram posts are the most effective format for influencer marketing.
So, how much can you make through Instagram influencing?
This will depend largely on the size and type of your audience. However, big influencers charge an average of $1,000 for a single Instagram post, while micro-influencers charge about $300 for a single post, on average. Some celebrities like Dwayne Johnson earn as much as $1 million for a single Instagram post.
When, How, What To Promote On Instagram To Earn Money Online
There is more to earning money as an Instagram influencer than simply having a huge following. A huge following is of no use if it doesn’t drive an impact for your clients.
Here are some things to keep in mind if you want to make money as an Instagram influencer:
Focus On A Particular Niche
Instead of trying to appeal to every Instagram user, you should focus on a specific niche and create content around this niche. This will allow you to build a following of people who are interested in that niche.
With a niche, it becomes easier to partner with advertisers and brands, because you are giving them access to a targeted audience. For instance, if someone wants to market a new fashion line, it will be more effective for them to partner with a fashion influencer than with an influencer who has no specific niche.
Focus On Engagements, Rather Than Follower Count
While follower count is definitely important, follower engagement is more important. For instance, let’s assume there are two influencers. Influencer A has 100k followers, while influencer B has 1 million followers.
For every post, influencer A receives over 10,000 likes and 5,000 comments, while influencer B gets just 1,000 likes and even less comments. Which of the two influencers would you prefer working with?
While influencer B has a huge follower count, the low engagement rates shows that this influencer doesn’t wield much influence over his followers. Therefore, even if they publish a sponsored post, most of his followers won’t engage with the post.
Influencer A, on the other hand, might have a smaller follower count, but the high engagement rates means that sponsored posts published by this influencer will drive more action compared to those of influencer B.
Therefore, if you want to be successful as an Instagram influencer, you should focus on building an engaged following, rather than simply focusing on building a huge following.
Know The Right Times To Post
The times you post your content on Instagram will have an impact on how well the content will perform. For instance, if you post content at midnight when everyone is asleep, most of your followers won’t see the content.
The best times to post on Instagram for high engagement levels are at around midday and in the evening after work, with Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays being the best days to post. Sunday, on the other hand, is the worst day to post on Instagram.
If you follow the above pointers, you will be able to build a loyal and engaged following, and brands will start reaching out to you for partnership opportunities.
22. Setup A Niche Job Board
With more and more job seekers going online to search for jobs, and employers looking for candidates online, there is a huge opportunity to make money online through job boards. You might have seen an increase in the number of websites offering job boards, such as ProBlogger, and Smashing Magazine.
A survey conducted by IBISWorld reports that online recruitment is a $4 billion industry in the United States, with revenues growing at a rate of 14.6% every year.
You can get a share of these billions by starting a jobs board to help bring together employers and job seekers.
What makes this opportunity even more exciting is the fact that employers rank job boards as the third most effective recruiting tool, far ahead of social media sites like LinkedIn and even local news sources.
This clearly shows that there is money to be made with online jobs boards. Question is, how do you go about creating and making money from a niche job board?
Launch Your Niche Job Board And Sell Job Ads While You Sleep
Here are the steps to follow to launch your niche job board and start making money while you sleep:
Choose Your Niche
The key to making money with an online jobs board today is to focus on a specific niche. Focusing on a niche makes it easier for you to stand out from the competition. In addition, it is easier for you to attract employers and job seekers when you focus on a specific niche.
A good example of a job board that does this well is Pro-Blogger job board. ProBlogger only focuses on a very specific niche – remote writing jobs. This has helped ProBlogger become the leading jobs board for writers and employers searching for writers.
Just like ProBlogger, you should focus on a specific niche and aim to be the leading jobs board within that niche.
Publish High Quality Jobs
If you want to attract job seekers, you should make a commitment to publish high quality jobs that they won’t find elsewhere. When starting out, you can do this by partnering with employers and posting their jobs on your site for free.
Once you have built traction, and have more and more employers looking to list their jobs on your jobs board, you should also create a way to screen the jobs postings in order to keep away scammers.
You also need to ensure that there are jobs on your board at all times. If job seekers come to your board a couple of times and find no jobs, they will quickly abandon your board.
Posting high quality jobs will allow you to attract high quality talent, which will in turn create value for employers and drive them to post jobs on your jobs board.
Start Selling Job Ads While You Sleep
Once you have established your niche jobs board as a reputable board with lots of skilled talent, more and more employers will become interested in posting their jobs on your board.
Once you get to this point, this is where you start monetizing your niche jobs board by charging employers to post jobs on your board. Employers will have no problem paying for job posts since they have the assurance that they can rely on your board to quickly find the right talent.
23. Start A Digital Agency (And Master Digital Marketing For Your Clients)
Today, almost every business is looking for ways to reach more and more clients on online platforms. eMarketer predicts that by 2020, digital marketing spend by companies will reach $517.1 billion, up $333.25 billion in 2020.
The problem is, there is a lot of competition for customer attention on online platforms, and not every business owner has the necessary skills to make their business get heard amidst all this online noise.
If you know your way around digital media and can help your clients cut through the noise and get seen by their target audience, you can start a digital agency and make tons of money running digital marketing for clients.
So far, there are many people who have been wildly successful running their own digital agencies. A good example is Neil Patel, a renowned digital marketer who has helped companies like Amazon, Google, eBay, Viacom, and Intuit boost their digital marketing efforts.
Through his digital agency, Neil Patel has made tons of money, and is currently worth about $7 – $10 million. If people like Neil can start from nothing and become millionaires through running digital agencies, there is no reason why you can’t either.
The best part about starting a digital agency is that you don’t need loads of experience.
While having prior experience will give you a head start, you can easily learn digital marketing skills online, try what you learn on your own website, and start getting clients by showcasing your own results.
Here are some steps on how to start a successful digital agency…
- Build the necessary skills. These include business management skills, digital marketing skills, and the soft skills required to interact with clients and build relationships.
- Define your offering. What services will you offer your clients? When starting, it is advisable to start with one or two services and then expand as you gain more experience. Some of the services you should consider offering include SEO, web design, content marketing, social media marketing, PPC, email marketing, and so on.
- Build your web presence. If you cannot build a great web presence for your own agency, no client will pay you to do it for them.
- Showcase your expertise. You can do this by highlighting customer case studies and success stories, positive customer reviews, your certifications, big companies you have worked with, and so on.
- Start getting clients and scale. Once you are done with the above steps, it’s now time to start looking for your first client and scale your agency by attracting more and more clients.
24. Organize A Virtual Summit (Or Online Conference)
Organizing and hosting virtual summits is another great way to make money online.
With a virtual summit, you basically find 20 – 30 experts within a certain field, interview them, and then package the interviews into a virtual summit that subscribers can view.
In most cases, virtual summits are offered for free for a limited time, say about 24 hours. Subscribers who want unlimited viewing can then pay for an “all-access pass.”
Aside from selling an “all access pass,” you can also make money from your virtual summit through:
- Affiliate marketing for products or software featured in your summit.
- Selling your existing online courses.
- Selling your coaching or consulting services.
- Selling physical products, such as hardcover books and other merchandise.
- Selling digital products, such as eBooks, templates, and software.
So, how much money can you make through hosting virtual summits?
There is no limit to the amount of money you can make with virtual summits. It will depend on the number of attendees to your summit, as well as your chosen monetization model.
That said, you can still make good money. For instance, Liam Austin of Entrepreneur HQ made $50,000 from his first virtual summit, while Navid Moazzez made about $20,000 from his first virtual summit.
Best Tools For Running Online Conferences Up To 5,000 Attendees
Part of having a successful virtual summit is having the right tools for your summit. Here are five tools you should check out that will allow you to host summits with up to 5,000 attendees.
- WebinarJam: This is our number one pick for running online summits. With WebinarJam, you can host up to 5,000 attendees and up to 6 live presenters. In addition, you can pick an attendee and drop them into presenter mode to allow them to ask questions or share their opinion. WebinarJam also supports live chat and live Q&A sessions. If you want an online conference tool that has all the right features, is easy to use and is lenient on your pocket, you should go for WebinarJam.
- Zoom: While popularly known for webinars and virtual meetings, Zoom is also a great platform for virtual summits. It offers HD video quality, integrates with other apps like Slack, Outlook, and Egnyte, and can support up to 10,000 conference attendees and 1,000 live participants.
- Accelevents: This platform makes it easy for people to register for your virtual conference and keep track of the agenda so they don’t miss out on sessions they are interested in. It also offers social media sharing, custom branding, and can be integrated with a wide range of tools.
- BigMarker: This is a well-known virtual event platform that was founded in 2010. It is very efficient for multi-day summits. It supports live Q&A sessions, and can be integrated with a wide range of CRM tools, including Hubspot, SalesForce, MailChimp, and so on.
- Hopin: Hopin is a great platform that makes it easy to manage all aspects of your virtual summit, including registrations, event stage, event sessions, event booths, and so on. Hopin can support over 30,000 attendees.
- Virtual Summits: Made exclusively for virtual summits, this platform allows you to manage all aspects of your summit. You will love the fact that it has an easy way of managing access to the summit and even has different membership levels so that you can control access depending on what an attendee has paid for.
25. Website Flipping: Buy, Fix, And Sell Undervalued Websites
A lot of people know that it is possible to make money flipping things like houses, but many of them have never considered that they can also make money flipping websites.
Flipping websites is exactly what it sounds like – buying a poorly maintained and underpriced website, revamping it, and then selling it for a tidy profit.
If you focus on the right kind of websites, website flipping is a great way to make money without investing a lot of effort.
With website flipping, you can make anywhere from $500 a month to well over $5,000, depending on how good you are at identifying deals, revamping the websites, and marketing them.
Sometimes, you can even make such amounts from a single sale. For instance, if you go on Flippa, you will notice that there are hundreds of websites selling in the $50,000 – $249,999 range. If you can buy a website for a couple thousand dollars, revamp it and sell it within this price range, you can tie in a good profit.
The amount you can make from a single website will depend on…
- The kind of website
- The website’s history
- The websites traffic statistics
- Your marketing skills
The best part about website flipping is that you don’t need to be a tech guru to make money from it. This is something anyone can do.
So, how do you get started with website flipping?
Here are some steps you can follow to make money buying and selling websites.
- Scour sites that list websites that are on sale, such as Flippa, Empire Flippers, BizBuySell, or FE International.
- Find a good but poorly maintained website to buy. Here are some pointers to help you purchase a good website:
- Look for a niche you are familiar with.
- Look for a niche that has profit potential.
- Find websites with a good domain that contains high traffic keywords.
- Buy websites that are being sold together with their social media handles.
- After purchasing the site, improve it by revamping the design, improving and updating the content on the site, and optimizing it for search. The aim of this step is to drive more traffic to the site.
- Find ways to monetize the site, such as joining an ad network like Monumetric, joining an affiliate network like Amazon Affiliates, or setting up an eCommerce store on the site.
- Find buyers for your website. Generally, the more traffic a website is attracting, and the more revenue it is generating, the higher the price you can potentially sell it for.
26. Develop A Micro SaaS Software For Less Than $5,000
With most businesses looking for software solutions to their business problems, building a SaaS product is a very profitable idea in 2020.
SaaS is a software distribution model where customers are allowed to access a software over the web or through a client program by subscribing at a monthly fee, instead of having to purchase and install the software. This way, clients can use the software on an “as needed” basis.
Statista estimates that the global SaaS market will be worth over $157 billion by the end of 2020, up from $69 billion in 2015.
By building a micro SaaS software, you can get a share of these billions without having to invest a lot of money in developing your product.
Here are the steps to follow to develop your own micro SaaS software solution…
Identify A Problem That Needs Solving
The first step to developing a SaaS product is to identify a problem that you can solve using a SaaS solution. If your SaaS software is not solving a problem, you can forget about making money.
A good way to identify problems you can solve is to look at the problems you encounter on a daily basis within your industry.
Validate Your Idea With Market Research
Just because you came up with what you think is a brilliant idea doesn’t necessarily mean that your idea is good.
Before you start developing your product, you need to have a conversation with your potential customers and determine whether this is a problem they have, and whether they are willing to pay for a solution.
Talking to potential customers will also help you identify the best ways to solve the problem, how to market your solution, as well as how to price your product.
Develop A Minimum Viable Product
After validating your idea with your potential customers, you can now go ahead and develop a minimum viable product (MVP), which is a basic version of your product that only contains the most necessary features.
Once again, find some potential customers, show them your MVP, explain to them how it works, have them test it, and then collect their feedback about what they like and dislike about your product.
Build Your Product
Armed with customer feedback about your MVP, you can now go ahead and develop your micro SaaS software, incorporating the customer feedback into your design.
Launch And Market Your SaaS Software
Once you are done developing and beta testing your SaaS software, you can now launch your product and start marketing aggressively to attract users.
27. Help People Save Time By Selling Printables
Selling printables is one of the easiest ways of earning a passive income on the internet, and is perfect for a home-based business.
The beauty of selling printables is that it doesn’t require lots of effort. You can spend an hour creating a printable and sell this printable thousands of times without any extra work.
Wait a minute. What exactly are printables?
Printables are digital products that your customers can purchase, download and print. Here are some examples of printables:
- Birthday cards
- Inspirational sayings
- Lesson plans
- Coloring books for kids
- Financial trackers
- Travel planners
- Workout planners
- Workbooks and worksheets
- Goal trackers
- Gift tags
- And so on…
Despite being so simple, you would be surprised at the number of people who are willing to pay for printables, instead of spending time to design their own printables. Some of the highest earning printables sellers make as much as $50,000+ per month from selling printables.
While you don’t necessarily have to make $50,000 a month, selling printables can be a great way to supplement your main income. Imagine what you could do with an extra $500 or $1,000 of passive income every month.
Here are the steps to follow to start making money selling printables online.
- Come up with interesting ideas for your printable products.
- Create your printable product using tools like Canva, Visme, Adobe Illustrator, CorelDraw, or even Google Docs.
- Come up with a pricing strategy for your printable products.
- Decide on the platform where you are going to sell your printables and upload your printables.
- Start making sales from your printables while you sleep.
Best Platforms And Software To Sell More Printables
To help you drive traffic to your printables and make more sales, you need to choose the right platform for selling your printables. Here are some of the best platforms where you can sell your printables.
- Etsy: This is the most popular platform for selling artsy and handmade items, and it works pretty well with printables. Selling on Etsy also allows you to take advantage of Etsy’s native traffic.
- Amazon KDP: Selling your printables of Amazon allows you to take advantage of Amazon’s massive traffic. The best part about Amazon is that once you upload your printable on the Amazon KDP website, Amazon will market your printable for you and once someone makes a purchase, they will even print it out and deliver it to the customer.
- Gumroad: Gumroad is a popular site for selling all kinds of digital products, and it works quite well with printables as well. All a customer needs to do is to pay for your printable and get a link to download the printable.
- Your own blog: If you already have your own blog, you can make lots of sales by selling your printables to the audience you have already built. With tools like Shopify and WooCommerce, you can set up an automated shop that automatically delivers the printable immediately after a customer completes their payment. This way, you don’t have to send the printables manually.
28. Develop And Market Niche WordPress Plugins
If you have some experience running a WordPress site, you know that it is impossible to run a WordPress site without installing a couple of plugins. If you have no idea what plugins are, they are little programs that give a website extra functionality.
If you have ever found yourself in a situation where you wanted to add some features to your site, but couldn’t just find the right plugin, have you ever considered building your own plugin and making money while at it?
Yes, you can make good money selling WordPress plugins. With over 57,000 different WordPress plugins, and over 550 million active plugin installs, estimates place the value of the WordPress plugins market at over $1 billion.
To start making money with WordPress plugins, all you need to do is to identify a problem or need that is common among website owners, and one for which there is no solution, and then come up with a plugin to solve this need.
Alternatively, you can analyze some existing plugins that are not solving an existing problem well, and then create a plugin that provides a better solution to this problem.
Of course, developing a WordPress plugin requires some coding skills. However, you can still make money from WordPress plugins even if you don’t have any coding skills. All you need to do is to come up with ideas for a plugin and hire developers to build the plugin for you.
Best Platforms To Find Developers That’ll Build Your Next WordPress Plugin
If you need to hire a developer to build WordPress plugins for you but do not know where to start, here is a list of the best platforms where you can find skilled WordPress developers.
- Codeable: This is the best platform for finding WordPress developers. The good thing with Codeable is that all the developers on the platform have to pass a vetting process. Therefore, all the developers you will find on this platform are quite skilled.
- TopTal: This is a freelancing platform that focuses on developers, finance experts, and designers. Like Codeable, the professionals on TopTal have to go through a screening process to showcase their expertise, so you can rest assured that you will find qualified developers. However, their rates are usually higher.
- Upwork: This is the world’s leading freelancing platform, and you can easily find WordPress developers for your project here. Upwork allows you to view a developer’s profile, their previous work experience, the ratings they have received for completed jobs, and so on. This makes it easier to find qualified developers.
- WPhired: This is a job board that focuses solely on WordPress jobs. However, developers don’t have to be WPhired members in order to apply for your jobs, so it will be up to you to screen and vet developers before hiring them.
- WordPress Jobs Website: This is a WordPress jobs board that is run by the team behind WordPress.org. Once again, this jobs board is accessible to everyone, so you will have to do your due diligence to verify the skills and experience of a developer before hiring them.
- Flexjobs: This is another very popular platform for all kinds of remote work, and you can easily find skilled WordPress developers here. You simply need to post your job description on the site and wait for skilled plugin developers to send their applications for the job.
How To Make Money Online FAQ
If you want to start making money online fast, your best options are:
– Freelancing platforms like Upwork and Freelancer.
– Paid survey sites like SwagBucks and MyPoints
– Joining a remote company part-time or full-time
– Website and software testing sites like UserTesting and TestingBirds
– Selling printables
With these online business ideas, you can start earning money as soon as tomorrow.
There are several ways to make money right now. You can:
– Sell items on Amazon or eBay.
– Complete paid online surveys.
– Apply for a loan on peer-to-peer lending sites.
– Look for freelancing gigs on freelance websites.
– Drive passengers around with Uber or Lyft.
– Put up your spare room for rent on Airbnb.
– Use TaskRabbit to find odd jobs to do.
– Sell your photos on stock photography websites.
– Find translation jobs online.
– Trade forex and cryptocurrencies.
With the right approach, these ideas can help you start making money right now.
There are several ways of making at least $100 every day. You could…
– Sell a $2 eBook or digital product to 50 customers within a day.
– Find a client to pay you $100 for a day’s freelance work.
– Sell an online course priced at $50 to 2 clients.
– Find a client to pay you $100 for your coaching services.
– Sell 10 printables at a price of $10 each.
– Become an Instagram influencer and get paid $100 for a single Instagram post.
There are endless ways to make $100 a day. You just need to get creative.
There is no shortage of profitable ways to make money online. All the 28 ideas discussed in this guide will help you make money online. All you need to do is to pick one approach that works for you, put in the work, and start making money.
Making money online offers several benefits. Here are some of the benefits you can gain from making money online…
– You can make money from home, while traveling, or from anywhere in the world.
– Making money online has lower overheads, since you don’t have to worry about physical business premises.
– You get a chance to be your own boss.
– You can set your own schedule and work whenever you like.
– Gives you access to a global client base.
– You get to decide your salary.
– You get to choose your work environment.
There is no limit to the amount of money you can make with a side hustle. In the course of this guide, we have already seen that there are some entrepreneurs who were able to make tens of thousands of dollars, sometimes millions, from their side hustles. There is no reason why you cannot do the same. As you start earning more and more from your side hustle, you can even quit your main job so that you can focus on your side hustle.
The beauty of most online business models is that they don’t require face to face interactions with customers and clients. Some online business models that are great for introverts include:
– Becoming a high paid remote freelancer
– Affiliate marketing
– Launching an ecommerce site
– Writing and selling eBooks
– Investing with a robo-advisor
– Completing paid surveys
– Website flipping
– Selling printables
With these online business models, you can literally make money while keeping your interactions with other people behind the keyboard.
Many of the online business ideas covered in this guide can be started as a side business, since they don’t require lots of time. You only need to sacrifice one or two hours in the evening after work, and a couple hours every weekend.
However, as your side business starts bringing in more and more money, you can consider quitting your day job to focus on your side business full-time and become your own boss.
Summary: What Online Business Should I Start?
If you have gone through this guide and are still wondering what online business you should start, I recommend launching a blog in a profitable niche.
Launching a blog is one of the most lucrative ways of making money online. We already saw that some of the highest paid bloggers like Tim Sykes make over $1 million from their blogs IN A MONTH!!
Once you have launched your blog and built a significant audience, you can then choose any of the multiple available options for monetizing your blog, such as…
- Selling your time through freelancing and consulting
- Selling your online courses
- Affiliate marketing
- Selling your own digital or physical products
- Selling memberships
If you feel that launching a blog is not your thing, I would recommend starting an online shop with Shopify, or launching a tech startup if you have a technological break-through business idea and access to investors. Both of these are also quite lucrative, and can have you making millions within two to three years.
Ultimately, if you want to attain financial independence, raise your living standards, and live a happy life doing something that you love, you need to start a side business today and take charge of your financial life.
As the world gets more technologically advanced, the future will be bright for individuals who make money online rather than those who remain stuck up on typical jobs that only keep you on a paycheck to paycheck basis. The earlier you start building the foundation for your online business, the better.
Would you rather keep spending all your time working for someone else while they pay you just enough to survive, or would you rather work for yourself and build an online empire that will give you financial freedom?
Launch your blog, or pick one of the other 27 online business ideas covered in this guide and start building your online empire today.