Uses of Technology in Our Daily Life
For a moment, think about the activities you do daily at work. Now, imagine there are no technological tools to help you accomplish them. It would take you quite a long time.
Technology is an irreplaceable part of human life. Do you have some office work on your plate? Use application software like Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Excel, and Powerpoint.
Do you want to hold an interactive meeting with your employees living on different continents? Use video conferencing tools like RingCentral Meetings, Zoom, and UberConference.
Technology affects every part of our daily lives. No 21st-century job can exist without it. Can you imagine businesses without emails, smartphones, the internet for communication, and artificial intelligence tools for automation?
Here are the top 10 uses of technology in our daily lives.
1. Communication Technology in Our Daily Life
Technology improved communication significantly. Long-distance business communication is possible within seconds thanks to telephones, radio, television, fax machines, emails, mobile phones, and the internet.
Employees use communication tools to collaborate with customers effectively. Some of the best team communication tools used to keep the company’s day-to-day operations running smoothly are Zoom and Monday.com.
Uses of Technology in Communication
- Video Conferencing: Do you have a crucial business meeting lined up, but your participants can’t be physically present? Video conferencing helps you solve this problem. With this tool, you can hold your business meetings and have everyone join through invites.
- Email: Email is one of the top communication tools used by businesses. Constant and meaningful communication helps build strong relationships. Companies can nurture and engage customers and run profitable marketing campaigns with emails. The best email marketing tools for this purpose are ActiveCampaign and ConstantContact.
- Smartphone: With your smartphone, you can send emails, make phone and video calls, surf the internet, and review documents. The smartphone is more than a communication device. You can run your online business from your phone.
- Shared Calendars: Calendar-sharing apps allow employees, co-workers, and clients to share their work schedules. You can improve business communication by inviting co-workers to see their work calendars. It helps prevent missing out on working hours or deadlines.
- Collaborative Documents: The internet helps organizations share documents and have multiple people view and edit them in real time. A good example is Google Docs which allows different people to contribute to a file.
2. Health Technologies in Our Daily Life
Healthcare is an integral part of our everyday life. Technology and scientific knowledge have had a positive impact on the healthcare industry. It improves human life by improving hygiene, diagnosis, and treatment.
The availability of medical technology like MRIs, ventilators, and machines that produce modern medicine has improved healthcare beyond recognition. For example, vaccines helped to eradicate diseases such as measles, diphtheria, and smallpox which once caused massive epidemics.
Uses of Technology in the Health Sector
- Smart Hospital Management: This system improves the hospital experience for patients and workers. It connects digital systems to ease access to healthcare information, such as bed occupancy, supply counts, device usage, and equipment status.
- Remote Healthcare Monitoring: Smartwatches and fitness trackers monitor health factors like heart rate, blood oxygen, and irregular heartbeat.
- Connected Emergency Response Solutions: Technology makes emergency response from ambulances swifter. Ambulances, physicians, and first responders can share data about patients, which helps save human lives.
- Remote Healthcare Services: Conferencing technology is vital in the health sector. Through a video call, patients can receive online consultations from physicians and treatment from any location. Telecare became increasingly popular during the pandemic.
- AI in Healthcare: AI has become an integral part of the healthcare industry. A well-programmed AI tool offers many benefits, like proactive care predictions and quicker data analysis.
3. Technological Advancement in Education
Technology improved the learning process for students and teachers. Students must not be present in a physical classroom to learn. Education software improves the online learning experience through engaging and comprehensive lessons.
People with learning disabilities can learn uniquely, thanks to assistive technology. Text-to-speech software (TTS) helps students with visual impairment read texts.
Uses of Technology in Education
- Easier Access to Education: Digital education provides engaging learning opportunities. Many free resources are available for students to learn any skill from home. You can learn any digital skill with a simple Google or YouTube video search.
- Online Exams and Lectures: Educators can upload lesson plans, lectures, and tests to websites in video or written format, making them easy to access. They can use cloud-based learning apps, discussion boards, and digital whiteboards for a better learning experience.
- Special Education: Technology improves the quality of education for students with learning disabilities. Special education tools like dictation programs, interactive boards, and touchscreens help them learn more effectively.
- Online Education: There are many online course platforms where students can learn, while content creators can earn. Websites like Quizlet, OneClass, Bartleby, and Socratic offer online tutorials for students in different fields.
4. Technology and Productivity
Technology improves productivity at your workplace. With productivity tools, tedious data-entry jobs which take much time to finish are doable in minutes.
If you want to maximize your results, your employees should focus more on high-level tasks. Leave out the low-level activities for automation software to handle.
The industrial revolution shifted businesses from small to large-scale production. Thanks to more effective manufacturing tools, most companies saw increased production levels.
Imagine the impact future technologies like artificial intelligence and quantum computers will have on workplace productivity. Surely, exciting times lie ahead.
Uses of Technology in Productivity
- Office Productivity: Technology boosts office productivity. Workers can effectively carry out tasks with office software like word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation apps.
- Food Production: Technological advancements in the agricultural industry increased food production. New technologies replace old tools and techniques that consume time and energy.
- Engineering: Engineers use computer modeling to simulate structures, materials, and vehicles. Acquiring valid information on performance before prototyping is easier and more reliable with advanced technology.
- Business Management: Tools like big data analytics have become vital for organizations. They speed up productivity by allowing workers to act fast without constantly waiting on the top-down management structure for direction.
- Manufacturing: The manufacturing sector uses robotic automation processes to boost productivity. Autonomous robots and human workers in the factory work side by side to increase output. This trend leads to more efficient, faster, and more accurate outcomes in manufacturing,
- Sales and Marketing: Sales and marketing now use augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) to improve customers' experience of their products.
- Convenient Work Environments and Conditions: Thanks to internet-connected devices like smartphones and computers, you can work remotely. Companies with remote teams use work-from-home tools to create flexible work environments and better track work progress.
5. Transportation Technology in Our Everyday Lives
Air transport makes traveling from one end of the planet to another within a day. In the past, people used camels to travel from one city to another and spent days on the road. Today, AI and machine learning make driverless cars possible.
Uses of Technology in Transportation
- Lightweight Vehicle Materials: Lightweight vehicles don't consume as much fuel as regular vehicles. This technology helps you save money and reduce the reliance on fuel and the environment.
- Internet of things (IoT): This emerging technology connects everything through networks. IoT in transportation uses intelligent devices, sensors, and objects for better transit.
- Ride Services: Uber and Lyft changed how people move, especially in large cities. You can book rides from home to your destination without going to the nearest bus stop.
- Hyperloop: Hyperloop is a tube-like transport system with incredible speeds. Passengers can complete a 350-mile trip in thirty minutes if traveling at a top speed!
6. How Banking Technology Affects Our Daily Lives
Digital banking is a popular way of saving and exchanging money. Customers use internet banking to perform financial transactions securely. Digital currencies are not left out, with many countries introducing them to compete with cryptocurrencies.
Emerging technologies like artificial intelligence, machine learning, blockchain, and robotics promise to improve digital banking services
Uses of Technology in the Banking Sector
- Online Banking: This banking innovation improved the speed an individual can perform financial transactions. You can use platforms like PayPal, Stripe, and Payoneer to send and receive international payments.
- ATMs: These lifesavers allow for the convenient withdrawal of cash. No need to enter a banking hall. It is quick and easy to use; you only require a unique pin to access your funds.
- Banking Apps: Bank apps are the ultimate lifesaver. You can perform banking-related activities from the comfort of your home. You can pay for goods and services, make transfers, check your balance, change your ATM pin, and lodge complaints.
7. Technology and Record Keeping
Record keeping and retrieval are important uses of technology in our everyday lives. Most businesses are changing how they process vital information and manipulate data due to notable technological advancements in data storage and processing.
Businesses use database software to store, manage, and organize their data. Paper files are no longer relevant in storing and accessing business records. Organizations now upload their paper documents online for safer and more convenient storage.
Uses of Technology in Record Keeping
- Computerized Database System: Electronic databases offer more speed and accuracy than paper-based systems. With a few clicks and keystrokes, you can save the time that sorting through piles of documents will take.
- Cloud Storage: Organizations store large files in the cloud to enable easy access to them when it's needed. This modern technology eliminates the possibility of losing important files.
8. Entertainment Technologies in Our Every Day Life
Technological progress in the entertainment industry is exciting. You don’t need to leave your home to get entertained. With the internet, you can stream your favorite movies on Netflix, Disney+, and Amazon Prime without going to the cinema.
The impact of technology on the entertainment industry covers areas such as video gaming, eSports, and computer simulations.
Uses of Technology in Entertainment
- Music Technology: New music like electro-pop, virtual DJ-ing, and other innovative music tools are born due to technological developments in the entertainment industry. They create and produce different sounds and hits we enjoy today.
- VR and AR Technology: The application of technology goes beyond the gaming world. Theme parks and museums use VR and AR technology to offer pleasant virtual experiences to people.
9. Automation And Robotics
What's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word robots? Aside from the opinions that most movies create about them, they have improved the modern world.
Automation influences our everyday lives. Vital business operations like data analysis, office sanitation, building security, warehouse logistics, and email replies rely on automation.
Imagine the relief when you don't have to handle tedious and tiring jobs. These software robots do your routine tasks like copying and extracting data and logging into systems or applications.
Uses of Automation and Robotics in our Daily Lives
- Autonomous Vehicles: Self-driving cars can transport people or goods without a driver at the wheel.
- Medical Robots: They perform surgeries and assist medical practitioners in logistics, data management, appointment scheduling, and enhanced patient care.
- Construction and Assembly: In many industries, automation and robotic technology help increase production output. For example, construction companies use automation robotics for road construction and tunneling.
- Credit Card Applications: When you apply for a credit card, bots handle some aspects of the process. They collect information and documents, conduct credit and background checks, and approve the card without human intervention.
10. Shopping and Our Daily Lives
Every year, the number of eCommerce businesses is increasing. It is a testament to the popularity of online shopping in our daily lives.
Shoppers don’t need to visit a physical store to make purchases. They can use the internet to access their favorite eCommerce stores, place their orders, and receive their deliveries at home.
Uses of Technology in Shopping in Our Daily Lives
- Online Shopping: With many e-commerce platforms and stores, you can shop for virtually anything on the internet from the comfort of your home.
- Online Payments: The fintech industry is getting bigger by the day, partly due to many online shopping activities that happen every day. Online payment platforms like PayPal and Payoneer make the shopping experience seamless. You can pay for items with any verified payment platform with ease.
- Smart Vending Machines: A vending machine is an interactive hub that offers many products. It has a wide touchscreen that allows you to explore various items and can give suggestions of which item you may like. Smart vending machines help to reduce the stress of walking around a store before finding what you want to buy.
- Digital Price Tags: This tech brings a new flair to shopping. Digital price tags do not only display product pricing but add vital information, such as nutritional value or sell-by dates, about the product you want to purchase. The store owner controls the pricing and other related information.
If you want to read more articles about technology, check out these Founderjar sources:
Image Credit: Image by rawpixel.com on Freepik