14 Best Web Browser Examples in 2022
Do you need a fast and secure web browser for your browsing needs? Choosing the best web browser out of the multitude can be daunting; that is why we compiled the best examples for you.
Most people spend a reasonable amount of ther time on the internet, surfing various web pages for relevant information and other purposes. You can improve your internet experience with the right web browser.
Most web browsers have similar features, but in certain cases, some browsers have features specific to them alone. Because of this factor and depending on the user's need, specific web browsers may be perfect to suit the user’s needs.
This article will discuss 14 of the best web browsers you can use for daily activities.
Let’s get started.
What is a Web Browser?
A web browser is a computer software application installed on an individual’s mobile device, tablet, computer, or any other internet-enabled device that allows you to view web pages and surf the internet. It is software installed on your internet-connected device.
The World Wide Web (WWW) was the first web browser developed in 1990 by Tim Berners-Lee. It was developed to allow researchers at CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research) to share vital information about particle physics via the internet.
How the Web Browser Works
Every web page has a unique and identifiable code attached to it on the internet. Web browsers work by using the unique Uniform Resource Locator (URL) to retrieve resources from the web server and load the webpage on a user’s computer.
A web browser translates web pages from Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) into human languages. Apart from HTTP, web browsers support protocols such as File Transfer Protocol (FTP) and files (file:).
When designing websites and web pages, web developers and website builders ensure they are compatible with as many browsers as possible.
Search Engines vs. Web Browsers
Several people confuse search engines and web browsers to mean the same thing. A search engine is a website designed to conduct searches based on a user’s query. Examples of search engines include Google, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, and Bing.
Web Browser Preferences
Since the introduction of the World Wide Web, many other web browsers like Opera, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, and Google Chrome have competed in the web browser market.
Many users prefer to surf the internet with a free web browser, while a few, particularly businesses, are open to using premium web browsers that offer more security and value.
Your preference depends on what you plan to achieve on the internet and if you can afford to use a paid web browser. You can evaluate the features of a free and paid browser and decide on the best browser with the features that meet your needs.
Web Browser Examples
Here are some popular web browsers you can surf the internet and explore various websites.
- Apple’s Safari Browser
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- UC Browser
- Tor Browser
- Lynx Browser
- Touch Browser
- Avast Secure Browser
- UR Browser
- Aloha Browser
Overall Best Web Browser
Safari offers a flawless internet browsing experience across all apple devices. I love Safari because of its advanced security, user privacy, and optimization features.Try Safari
The Safari browser is Apple’s default internet browser which comes with all apple devices like iPhones, iPods, Apple computers, and other Apple-produced gadgets.
- Security: Safari offers excellent security features that encourage online safety and promote privacy and anonymity. It informs you about certain insecure sites and prevents you from loading these pages.
- Apple Device Compatibility: The popular browser for Apple devices works effectively with all apple devices by synchronizing tabs, browsing history, bookmarks, passwords, and other relevant features.
- Speed: Based on the speed the browser provides, you seamlessly stream your favorite shows, music video files, and movies in optimal form.
- Unlimited Internet Access: With the Safari extensions, your browser’s abilities are widened, enabling you to surf the internet without limits.
- Easy to Configure: You can customize your browser window with the feature you want and add a personalized background image.
- Easy Navigation: Due to the organization of the tabs into different tab groups, navigating various interest points to others becomes stress-free and enjoyable.
- Secure and private browsing
- Best browsing experience for users
- Surf seamlessly across all your devices
- In-built integration with multiple devices
- Requires Apple ID to access the browser
- Poor Windows OS compatibility
Best for Device Compatibility
Microsoft Edge works seamlessly on Microsoft devices with great speed and effectiveness. Edge is safe and works well with various operating systems.Try Microsoft Edge
Microsoft Edge is a fast web browser that helps reduce data consumption, saves time, and improves productivity. This default browser comes pre-installed on devices with Windows 10 Operating System.
- OS Compatibility: Microsoft Edge is perfectly compatible with IOS, mac OS, Windows, and Android devices.
- Microsoft News: The web browser allows you to enjoy valid news from over 4,500 media platforms. A significant feature of this browser is Microsoft News which millions of readers use to get reliable updates about the happenings in the world.
- Search Engine Feature: With the search engine feature, you can conveniently search for information, answers to questions, videos, and images you require privately.
- Privacy and Security: Microsoft Edge possesses certain features that promote online privacy for users. It does not allow cookies, browsing data, password, or browsing history to be saved on your device anonymously when you are surfing the internet.
- Online Shopping Experience: The web browser offers certain benefits like helping users seamlessly locate the best online shopping bargains. It can automatically fill in your shipping information and applies available coupons to help improve your online purchase experience.
- Parental Control: To avoid children being exposed to the wrong things online, parents can use the kiddies mode to protect their kids from inappropriate web content. They can use it to restrict their kids' experience to only educative and informative web pages.
- Fast browser
- Protects user’s privacy
- You can save websites as apps and open them without accessing the browser
- Integrated with Microsoft Office 365 suite
- You will be required to pay for certain advanced features
- Limited extension library
- Poor macOS compatibility
Best for Google Services
Google Chrome is the fastest web browser with useful extensions and offline features. Chrome is user-friendly, encourages privacy, and secures users' data.Try Google Chrome
Google Chrome is a user-friendly web browser by Google. Arguably the most popular web browser today, Chrome helps to protect your online data, encourages privacy, and enables you to have a personalized surfing experience.
- Offline Features: A major benefit of using this browser is its offline feature which enables you to keep using the internet without internet access. You can use apps like Google Docs and Gmail even if you are not connected to the internet.
- Synchronization Across Devices: With the Google Chrome browser, you can sync between various devices, which grants you access to secure payment information, saved bookmarks, and passwords. With this feature, your Google Chrome profile can be accessible on your phones, tablets, and computers at the same time.
- Data Organization: You can effectively organize your chrome data with profiles. With your profile, you can share a computer with other users without the risk of your privacy being invaded. Google Chrome allows you to create multiple profiles for various purposes like a business profile, study profile, and personal profile.
- Security and Privacy: The chrome browser is great for securing your account and encouraging privacy. Apart from helping you generate strong password suggestions, it alerts you when someone else is trying to use your account.
- Built-in Extensions: The browser has useful built-in extensions that help to smoothen your internet experiences, such as Grammarly, Adblocker, and Google Translate.
- Fastest browser
- Over 150,000 extensions
- Encourages privacy and security
- Ads blocker
- Tabbed browsing
- Consumes data
- Limited customization options
- Confusing with Chromium
Best For Secure Browsing
Opera browser is loaded with useful features that enable users to optimize their time on the internet. Opera is fast, reliable, encourages customization, and enables users to download large files seamlessly.Try Opera Browser
Opera Browser is one of the oldest and most popular web browsers that offer users a complete web experience.
- Speed Dial: Speed Dial is one of the built-in features which enables the user to save web pages visited to make easy access possible with just one click.
- Stach Express: You can automatically save every web page you visit with Stach Express, and you will never lose it again.
- Open Turbo: With this feature, the browser compresses large data before loading it on your device.
- Tabbed Browsing: With the Opera browser, you can create specific tab groups based on business, hobbies, work, sports, shopping, entertainment, and vacation plans.
- Customizable and secure
- Compresses large data files
- Free VPN
- Crypto Wallet
- Small bugs take a longer time to fix
Best Open-Source Browser
Mozilla Firefox is a free web browser developed in 2003 that has become one of the major players in the web browsing world.
The main advantage of using Mozilla Firefox over other leading browsers like Google Chrome and Internet Explorer is its ability to block third-party tracking cookies by default.
- Enhanced Tracking Protection: With the enhanced tracking protection (ETP) feature, Mozilla Firefox prevents website trackers from obtaining and selling your browsing data and activities.
- Compatibility: This web browser is compatible with various mobile and immobile devices. It is compatible with operating systems like Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- Multitasking: The Picture-in-Picture function allows you to multitask while watching a video online.
- Security and Privacy: You can download the browser on your various devices to ensure privacy and prevent trackers from following you on the web where ever you are.
- Personalization: Mozilla Firefox browser allows you to personalize your browser and use the firefox extensions with various essential tools that are useful for your online activities.
- Great extension library
- Cross-device compatibility
- Fast speed and attractive design
- Password portability
- Tracking protection
- High RAM usage
- The welcome page has a lot of advertisements
- Slow compared to many browsers
Most Secure Web Browser
- Security: Among other browsers, Brave is the first open-source browser with an in-built Malware blocker, autoplay blocker, adblocker, tracking protection, and private tabs.
- Cryptocurrency Support: A major difference and distinguishing factor between Brave and other web browsers is its cryptocurrency support. One of the features of the Brave browser is its cryptocurrency wallet (Brave Wallet).
- Supports Chrome Extensions: The Brave desktop can support certain Chrome extensions and tools accessed through the Chrome web store to improve the user’s web surfing experience.
- Unlimited Browsing Access: With Brave, you can have unlimited access to preferred web content, including movies, news feeds, and music. You can enjoy private video calls with friends and loved ones via the web browser.
- Native ad blocker
- Cryptocurrency support
- Cookie control
- Lacks extensions and add-ons
- Brave does not work well with every website
- Some restrictions for outside of the United States
7. UC Browser
Best Mobile Web Browser
UC Browser is one of the smartest and fastest web browsers that give its users a great mobile web browsing experience. This web browser updates users about occurrences within and beyond their region with the UC news feature.
- Webkit Technology: The WebKit technology used by UC Browser is mostly the latest, with amazing features like a built-in Google Translate, ad-blocking, and voice search for Android smartphone users.
- Smart Download Feature: UC Browser has a smart download feature, making it easy for you to download files instantly.
- UC News: The UC news is a popular feature that offers news in your native language and gives live feeds from various regions worldwide.
- Night mode option
- Tabbed browsing
- Voice functions
- Smart downloads of files
- UC news to provide users with the latest news
- Download quality is not always clear.
8. Tor Browser
Best Web Browser for Professionals
Tor browser is a highly secure browser that encourages privacy, anonymity, and a user-friendly interface. This browser takes security and privacy seriously by intentionally transmitting and encrypting your information three times as it travels over the Tor network.
- Security: Tor browser is a free browser that helps to safeguard your privacy. It prevents anyone from spying, censorship, and tracking and prevents third parties from knowing about your online activities.
- Animosity: This browser can route your traffic through a wide network of volunteer nodes, which prevents people from knowing about your online activities.
- Privacy: While using the browser to surf the internet, it encrypts each web page you visit, thus preventing unwanted ads and trackers from following you. This web browser automatically deletes cookies when you close your browser.
- Unlimited Internet Access: Tor browser is known to break the limits when granting access to certain websites your home network may have prohibited or censored, like Facebook and Twitter.
- Acquire Skills: With this browser, you can acquire relevant information or find resources to acquire important skills like basic programming languages or HTML coding.
- Anonymity for Professionals: Tor browser has been useful to many professionals in various fields like law enforcement officers, activists, journalists, and human rights workers to carry out their work anonymously without any form of surveillance.
- Anonymous browsing
- User-friendly interface
- Multi-layered encryption & block trackers
- Slow speed
- Add-ons don’t work over Tor
9. Lynx Browser
Best For Old and Slow PCs
Lynx browser is perfect for computers with small screens or old and slow computers. The text-based web browser is designed to function optimally irrespective of the capacity of a computer.
- Designed for Old and Slow PCs: The Lynx Browser is designed for computers with slow internet connections, old computers, or computers without a big screen.
- Keyboard Navigation: Not everyone is a mouse fan, but some prefer keyboard navigation. The Lynx Browser is perfect for such individuals.
- Rapid speed
- Ad blocking
- Encourages security and privacy
- Can not load pictures, audio, and video-based content
Best Web Browser that Serves as an Operating System
Konqueror browser can be used as a basic operating system apart from working with various operating systems. Its built-in document viewer feature lets users view various files directly online.
- File Viewer Functionality: Developed by volunteers, Konqueror is a free browser, an open source web browser, and a file manager that offers file viewer functionality for file systems and web access.
- Tabbed Browsing: Konqueror offers important features like the HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) and syntax highlighting, and you can view multiple pages at one.
- Document Viewer: With Konqueror's in-built document viewer, you can view various document types seamlessly.
- OS File Browser: This browser can be used as a basic operating system file browser because of its built file manager.
- Works with Various OS: Konqueror can work effectively with operating systems such as Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, Unix-like, and Berkeley Software Distribution.
- In-built ad blocker
- Bookmark manager
- Web page translator and spell checker
- Password Manager
- Lacks large extension support
- Lacks Incognito/Private mode
- Konqueror does not go the Web-kit route
11. Touch Browser
Best Media-Based Web Browser
Touch browser is ideal for music and movie lovers because of its in-built medial Graber feature. It allows users to access media files easily and download torrent files which may not be achievable with other browsers.
- Medial Graber: Touch browser is the go-to browser for media file downloads. With an efficient in-built media Graber, you can easily download files such as music and videos.
- Torrent manager: This browser comes with an integral torrent manager, allowing you to download large torrent files and control the downloading process directly from the browser without installing any extra software.
- User-friendly: The Touch browser allows you to search, translate, and share pictures when you drag the photo, text, or link to the appropriate title. This process eliminates the stress of copying and pasting or navigating between tabs.
- Inbuilt Media Player: This browser has a media player you can activate when you click the play icon.
- Facebook Profile Customization: By clicking on the Facelift button while using the Touch Browser, you can customize your Facebook profile to have a more suitable outlook by altering its fonts, colors, background, and more.
- Touch Music: Another interesting feature is Touch Music which enables you to stream various songs and Youtube videos of your choice. With this feature, you have access to albums that you can listen to as you choose.
- Touch Games: When you click the Touch Games button, you can access a web page with various gaming options. You can play these games online without downloading them, and they are free.
- Download Accelerator: With the inbuilt download accelerator, you can download files of different sizes at a relatively high speed. The files are split and downloaded through various reliable connections.
- Allows users to access and download media files in one click
- In-built torrent manager
- Free entertaining games
- Stability issues for opening Torrent and Music tools
Best for Secure Online Transactions
Avast Secure Browser is a fast, user-friendly, and secure web browser launched in 2016 and compatible with operating systems like Mac OS, Windows PCs, and Android. This browser is ideal for commercial users who may carry out basic money-related online transactions.
- Online Commercial Activities: Avast Secure Browser enables users to carry out activities online like shopping, browsing, and banking anonymously on any website.
- Privacy and Security: This web browser comes with an anti-phishing technology that helps to protect your devices against dangers. With its multi-level privacy protection feature, Avast secures your online information from various online trackers.
- Tabbed Grouping: With its tab grouping system, you can effectively multitask, which keeps the opened tabs neatly organized for easy identification and productivity.
- Animosity: You can keep your IP address hidden, encrypt your connection, and remain private and anonymous online by avoiding third-party tracking with the Avast Secure Line VPN feature.
- Synchronization of Devices: You can sync your browsing history and bookmark between your mobile devices and desktops.
- Ad Blocker: With pop-up blocking, you can hide every advertisement so you can browse seamlessly without interruption.
- Customization: Finally, using Avast allows you to customize your browser to a more suitable outlook, all based on your preference.
- OS Compatability: Avast Secure Browser is compatible with various Chrome-based add-ons, making it possible to personalize your browsing experience through the Chrome web store.
- Ad blocking
- In build VPN
- Not cheap to purchase
13. UR Browser
Best Web Browser for Privacy Protection
UR browser is a fast, free, secure web browser that protects users' privacy. This web browser is simple to use and comes with several features that help to promote privacy and anonymity among internet users.
- Modern Features: Features like an inbuilt ad blocker, invisible tracker blocker, virus scanner, and third-party cookie blocker are all available, which help to secure your online presence and offer you a great internet experience.
- Customization: UR browser allows you to customize your profile; it can be based on the activities you are engaged in or your present location like Home, Work, at the Pool, School, and Shopping. You can customize your home screen by consolidating whether, new and search, pulse the background and widgets to how you prefer it.
- High Download Speed: When it comes to downloading files, you will experience so much speed when you use the UR browser because of its parallel downloading technology. It splits files into smaller segments and downloads them simultaneously, which helps you access content as soon as possible.
- File organization: UR browser allows you to structure and organize all your valuable information in one location. Every file you download is automatically stored in the download manager to enable access to the files promptly when needed.
- Encourages user privacy and customization
- Ad blocker
- Built-in VPN
- Poor macOS support
14. Aloha Browser
Best Web Browser Example for Mobile Devices
Aloha was originally designed for mobile devices, but its latest versions are compatible with computers. This browser provides unlimited VPN access; this makes the browser ideal for users that wish to surf the internet anonymously.
- Unlimited VPN: With the browser’s free and limitless VPN, you can enjoy surfing the internet securely. The VPN ensures that you can browse anonymously and that no third-party tracker follows you with your online data safe and secure.
- Adblocker: An additional feature is Adblocker, which is useful for blocking unnecessary advertisements that deeply affect your data. In turn, the browser helps you use less data while browsing and enables the sites you visit to load faster.
- File Manager: Regarding downloads, you can safely store your downloaded files in the file manager, which has been integrated with the browser. You can securely lock up a file that can only be accessed by imputing a password or fingerprint.
- Media Player: UR browser comes with a media player that enables you to enjoy your favorite muscle and movies when you want to relax and supports VR content.
- Ad blocker
- Integrated with free unlimited VPN
- Full-featured media player with VR
- Terrible glitch on the video player when a screen notification pops up
What are the Best Web Browser Examples?
Here are some major browsers available that you can utilize for your various online activities.