11 Best Docker Hosting Platforms for Your Containers in 2022
Docker is powerful software that can’t run on all web hosting platforms. This is why you need the best Docker hosting providers for your container. Here are our top five options:
Docker is one of the best software for app development and launching. It might be easy to use but also demanding, so you need the best Docker hosting platforms for your container. Most web hosting platforms are not up to the challenge, as Docker needs a dedicated server or VPS server to run smoothly.
Managing all your Docker containers is a lot of work, too, so you should use top-notch Docker hosting platforms to take care of it. Our guide has reviewed the best web hosting for Docker based on extensive research, so you can easily choose the one that works best for your business.
Let's take a closer look at the best Docker hosting services for your containers.
The Best Docker Hosting Platforms in 2022
Here are our top 11 Docker hosting platforms in 2022.
- A2 Hosting
- Google Cloud Run
- Amazon ECS
- Microsoft Azure
- IBM Cloud
Kamatera is the overall best Docker hosting platform, standing out with its top-notch performance. Its 15 data centers across four continents, SSD storage, and Intel Xeon Platinum processors make the top performance possible. Plus, the hosting prices offer good value for your money.Try Kamatera
Kamatera stands out from other Docker hosting providers as it provides steady server performance and decent, customized pricing plans. The web host offers a simple management console and unlimited scale-up, suitable for all business sizes. Along with Docker hosting, load balancers, firewalls, and private networks are available.
- Impressive Networking Speed: Kamatera uses 300% more power than previous processes when running its CPU, as the Intel Xeon Platinum offers top performance. The SSD storage allows you to run your containerized application with I/O bottlenecks and no latency. There are 15 global data centers in North America, Europe, China, and the Middle East.
- Dedicated Resources Offered: You don't have to share your server resources with other systems when using Kamatera. There is no overselling, and the CPU, RAM, and more are provided to the user alone. You can easily create servers and start hosting your Docker container. Cloning is also easy with the cloud management console.
- Highly Scalable and Reliable: Kamatera is an ideal choice for growing Docker containers, as you can always add other features like load balancers and private networks. Also, you can use hundreds of servers in just a few seconds and run any Windows and Linux OS. The Kamatera servers provide a 99.95% uptime guarantee.
- Worldwide network provides impressive speed and performance.
- Round-the-clock customer service.
- Flexible pricing with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Resources are dedicated and scalable at any time.
- Simple management through the web console and API.
- Complex for newbies to Docker hosting.
The Docker hosting plans at Kamatera start at $4, and you can build your customized plan from there. The web host allows you to choose your type of server, processor, RAM, SSD storage, internet traffic, public IPs, and more. You can decide to pay monthly or per hour and will pay extra for a fully managed service and daily backup. The plans come with a 30-day free trial and money-back guarantee.Get Started with Kamatera
2. A2 Hosting
Best for Hosting Speed
Although A2 Hosting is famous for its shared hosting and WordPress hosting plans, this web hosting company also provides fantastic Docker hosting. The hosting platform uses SwiftServer to launch Docker containers, which translates to excellent performance and loading times. That's why it's the best option on my list for speed.Try A2 Hosting
A2 Hosting is a popular web hosting solution highly suitable for Docker. The Docker hosting plans use SwiftServer, and you can increase your speed further with their Turbo Servers. A2 Hosting is known for having Turbo Servers up to twenty times faster than the competition. If you're worried about speed when hosting your Docker container, A2 Hosting solves this problem.
- High-Performance Docker Plan: A2 Hosting allows you to customize your Docker plan extensively and get the resources you paid for. Along with the Turbo Server, the web hosting provider features free SSDs and its reputable LiteSpeed web server. You can choose the server location you want and benefit from the SwiftServer platform.
- Developer-Friendly Tools: Developers who want complete control over their Docker container hosting will enjoy using A2 Hosting. The web host provides root access for editing all the server files, and you can choose the Linux OS you want. There is boot, reboot, and shutdown control, and developers are allowed to reload their server to change the OS at any time.
- Reliable Custom Software: Since you have full control over your server, A2 Hosting allows users to add custom script installs and applications, thus building their software. Plus, it is highly reliable with 99.9% uptime, consistent security patches, and a customer support team working 24/7/365.
- SwiftServer and other features contribute to top speed.
- Customize your Docker hosting plan easily.
- Offers complete control with developer-friendly features.
- Top-notch security and customer service.
- Add custom apps and scripts whenever you want.
- cPanel is a bit clunky.
The A2 Hosting plans start at $149.99 per month, and you can decide to pay on the one-year or two-year plan. Users will choose between the Standard and Turbo Servers too, and you can look for discounts of up to 51%. You can use A2 Hosting risk-free with the money-back guarantee.Get Started with A2 Hosting
There's a good reason why DigitalOcean is often called the developer's cloud platform. The web host is suitable for both beginners and experienced developers and offers fantastic Docker hosting. You can choose their fully managed Docker hosting solution or get the app from the marketplace and launch your container. Plus, DigitalOcean offers impressive uptime and reliable servers.
DigitalOcean is a top-notch Docker hosting provider for building and deploying your containers quickly. The web host has solutions for experienced hands-on developers and beginners who prefer managed hosting. With the pre-built docker image in the app platform, you can scale up your app anytime. DigitalOcean features a 99.99% uptime guarantee, with high levels of data protection.
- Fully Managed Docker Hosting: One of the highlights of using DigitalOcean is the fully-managed Docker hosting solution. All you need to do is write the code and provide the pre-built container image, and the company will deploy it for you. Digital Ocean will care for the infrastructure, databases, operating system, app runtimes, and more.
- Easy to Install and Configure: Docker installation and configuration can be done in a minute. The 1-click app marketplace allows you to find and install Docker on the Droplets plan quickly, and it is automatically configured based on the official recommendations. The API access is easy to use, and DigitalOcean provides monitoring and alerting.
- Add Serverless Components: The DigitalOcean Functions feature allows you to add serverless components to your Docker apps when building and enhancing them. The Functions are free, but you can purchase the higher plans and scale automatically depending on your preferences.
- 99.99% uptime with SLA with regular monitoring and alerts.
- Easy to install and configure Docker with automatic settings.
- Offers fully managed Docker hosting with reliable technical support.
- Control panel is easy to use, with 3000+ tutorials providing help.
- Global data centers offer fantastic speed and performance.
- Customer support requires payment.
The DigitalOcean hosting plans might seem a bit complicated initially, but it is designed so you pay for what you use. There are separate plans for the virtual machines: Droplet, App Platform, DigitalOcean Functions, Marketplace, Support, and more. You can also pay for load balancers, container registries, storage, and databases.Get Started with DigitalOcean
Best for Multi-Cloud Hosting
Jelastic is one of the best Docker hosting solutions for your containers, as the multi-cloud platform can host multiple apps, tools, and frameworks. Jelastic can function simultaneously as a Platform as a Service and Container as a Service unlike other cloud providers. This web host is a good choice if you want to enjoy the benefits of the cloud.Try Jelastic
Jelastic is the best Docker hosting platform when it comes to cloud availability. The web host uses a container-based virtualization technology, Virtuozzo, to run multiple containers and virtual machines on one server. With the multi-cloud availability, you can host Docker containers on a wide range of cloud options. There are also pre-configured Docker solutions available.
- Multi-Cloud Management: The main feature of Jelastic is its multi-cloud feature. You can choose public, hybrid, private, and multi-cloud infrastructures. These can also be mixed and matched, and you can easily manage all the cloud solutions in the admin panel. There is also DevOps automation for scaling, updates, and clustering.
- Flexible Docker Solutions: Jelastic offers pre-configured solutions with one click. You can run a giant swarm cluster for Docker or set it up as a standalone engine. There are also micro-services and legacy applications, and the interface provides SSH access. The web host offers automatic traffic distribution, which translates to zero downtime.
- Easy User Interface: It is pretty easy to use Jelastic for your web hosting needs. The friendly user interface is easy to navigate, with features for built-in stats, load alerts, collaboration tools, file manager, update logs, and access control. The interfaces differ for developers and admins.
- Host Docker contains multiple cloud options.
- Pre-configured and customizable Docker solutions.
- Pay-as-you-go pricing model for affordability.
- Interface is easy to set up for beginners and experts.
- Easily supports legacy apps and microservices.
- SSH is tricky to use.
Jelastic does not have a fixed hosting plan but follows a pay-per-actual-use plan. Every Docker container hosted is divided into small units, and the system will check how many units you are consuming and charge you based on these used resources. You can also add a limit to the container, so you don't surpass your budget but leave room for sudden spikes.Get Started with Jelastic
Best for Edge Computing
Although StackPath is famous for its CDN and cloud-based solutions, I added this Docker hosting service to this review due to its edge services. This unique feature allows you to deploy your Docker containers at the edge, increasing your speed and performance while offering low latency.Try StackPath
StackPath is the best Docker hosting solution for launching your container on the edge. This takes you closer to your end users, thus increasing the processing speed. StackPath offers better speed than other top cloud providers like Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services and comes with flexible network policies. The Docker host has 60 edge locations worldwide, all consistently offering performance.
- High-Performance Edge Computing: What makes StackPath stand out from other Docker hosting companies on this list is edge computing. This offers distributed computing by placing storage and computation close to the user's location. This will improve the server response time and save bandwidth.
- Extra Low Latency: StackPath promises ultra-low latency with their SP Containers. These have been optimized for latency-sensitive containers like Docker, especially with edge locations worldwide. StackPath processes containers 2.6x faster than average, and these containers can start running at different edge locations with one click.
- Multi-Cloud Support: You can integrate services from legacy cloud providers when running your Docker container on StackPath. This prevents vendor lock-in and combines the benefits of cloud and edge computing. The web host provides automatic scaling to meet demand spikes.
- Top-notch Docker hosting performance with edge computing.
- Reduce latency and increase response times.
- Multiple cloud support from different vendors.
- Autoscaling meets demand spikes and routes traffic when needed.
- Optimized bandwidth for saving purposes.
- Few server locations outside of North America and Europe.
You can find pricing for Docker under StackPath Containers, and this is billed based on the number of containers running in each location. Docker hosting is billed per hour, starting from $0.046. You can request a demo to check how the hosting service works before getting the paid plans.Get Started with StackPath
Best for Intuitive Use
Google Cloud Run is one of the most popular Docker hosting platforms, which is why it's on our list for hosting your container. Even Kubernetes, the container orchestration tool, was first developed by Google. Cloud Run allows you to host and run containers with serverless management. The hosting solution is based on the KNative project and Google Cloud Platform for flexibility and portability of your workload.
- Managed Docker Hosting: One of the best parts of using Google Cloud Run for Docker hosting is that it takes care of all the complex parts of infrastructure management, and you can just build your app. The platform offers Cloud Build for running steps in a Docker container and a container registry for storing and securing container images.
- Flexible and Scalable Solutions: Cloud Run will only charge its users for the resources they have used. The hosting platform allows you to deploy containers in a few seconds, and you can scale up or down at any time without suffering downtime.
- Easy to Use: When using Google Cloud Run, you can choose any programming language and operating system to deploy the container. Continuous deployment is provided with Cloud Build and Cloud Code. Cloud Monitoring is consistent monitoring, so you never suffer downtime.
- Hands-off Docker hosting makes it easy to use.
- Runs on serverless infrastructure and KNative for strong performance.
- Deploy containers in a couple of seconds without downtime.
- Includes different products like Cloud Build, Cloud Logging, and Cloud Monitoring.
- Pay only for the resources you are using.
- Does not offer regular updates.
There is no fixed pricing plan when using Google Cloud Run, as you only pay for what you use. There are no upfront fees or termination charges. There is a free tier that beginners can get started with, and the pricing calculator gives you an idea of how much you will spend based on your needs.Get Started with Google Cloud Run
If you're looking for the best Docker hosting service, there's no harm in going for the company that introduced the Docker Engine in the first place. Initially known as dotCloud, Docker launched the Docker Engine in 2013 and provides hosting services for its users. Docker is the ideal choice for getting good value for your money, as it features a generous free plan and a wide range of unlimited features.
- Includes Personal Plan: One of the highlights of using Docker is the personal plan, which is entirely free. It's ideal for startups, small businesses, and personal use. On the plan, users enjoy the Docker Engine, Docker Compose, Docker CLI, GitHub integration, automatic updates, one private repository, Bitbucket integration, and more.
- Image Access Management: You can control access to content on Docker while using its image access management feature. This allows the admin to manage what the developers can use or provide a limited subset of images. This is possible with role-based access controls in Docker Hub.
- Developer-Friendly Features: Docker comes with a wide range of official features, including a centralized management plan, premium support, SAML SSO, and IP allow listing. These enable developers to manage the development environment and work with a team.
- Low prices with generous Docker hosting plans.
- Provides GitHub integration and Bitbucket integration.
- Includes role-based access controls and Docker Hub for working in a team.
- Provides Docker Verified Publisher Images and Docker Official Images.
- Quality vulnerability scans are unlimited in higher plans.
- Customer service lacks live chat.
The Docker pricing starts at $0 for the free plan, while the entry-level paid plan is Pro, going for $7 per month. You can decide to pay annually instead to save money. Keep in mind that, from the Team plan, you will be paying per user per month.Get Started with Docker
Best for Fully Managed Docker Hosting
Unlike most hosting services that provide solutions for different platforms and containers, Sloppy.io is a fully managed Docker hosting service. The company is explicitly built for Docker hosting, with the data center located in Frankfurt, Germany. Sloppy.io has servers running containers on available high-end hardware that prevents downtime, and they are connected to the largest internet backbone in the world.
- Fully Managed Docker Hosting: Sloppy.io takes care of the hosting infrastructure for Docker containers, and you can focus on the app. The Docker host will secure the containers to your users, store your data, and help you deploy and manage products through the API, web-based UI, and command line tools. Plus, the customer service team consists of experts.
- Extensive Docker Images: There are different options when looking for Docker images on Sloppy.io, either from a public or private registry. When you create an application, the system will recommend image options to you based on this. There is also reliable data storage, and you can quickly revert to the backups.
- Easy to Monitor Metrics: Sloppy.io allows you to monitor all the metrics of Docker hosting. These include network traffic, CPU usage, memory usage, incoming and outgoing traffic, and more. You can review your account and refresh it every five minutes. 24 hours of statistics are always available.
- Highly available hardware and infrastructure prevent downtime.
- Easy to revert to the previous version, and backups are stored.
- Update containers with no downtime.
- Images are available in a public and private registry.
- Web-based UI or CLI for managing Docker containers.
- No live customer support.
Sloppy.io pricing plans are fixed and slightly expensive, starting at €19 per month. Users can upgrade or downgrade anytime, and there are additional features that one can purchase for better use. These include load balancers and storage. The Basic Plan offers a 14-day free trial.Get Started with Sloppy.io
9. Amazon ECS
Best for Scalability
Next on our list of the best Docker hosting platforms is the Amazon Elastic Container Service. This container service comes with fantastic Docker support and is used for containerized applications on Amazon Web Services. Amazon ECS is known for being highly scalable and nearly hands-off. The Docker container host comes with windows compatibility and manages windows containers too.
- AWS Fargate: Amazon ECS uses the AWS Fargate services in its Docker container deployment and management. The Fargate provides services like cluster management, server provisioning, and orchestration, allowing users to run their containers nearly hands-off. Amazon ECS also containerizes machine learning models for inference.
- AWS Cloud Map: Another helpful feature is AWS Cloud Map, which helps the ECS find and connect containers, ensuring the constant availability of your app. The Cloud Map supports microservice and monolithic architecture, so you can run your containers on anyone. There is also Amazon IAM and Amazon VPC for security.
- Easy Uploading and Integration: One of the best parts of using the Amazon Elastic Container Service is that it integrates seamlessly with many AWS services, as mentioned above. You can easily upload and update containers to new versions. The new container is uploaded before the old one is stopped to prevent downtime.
- Integrates with a wide range of AWS services for top-notch performance.
- Provides nearly hands-off Docker hosting.
- Optimizes cost with the Amazon EC2 and pay-as-you-go pricing.
- Choose your continuous integration and delivery and automation tools.
- Auto-scaling to get resources when needed.
- It's a bit complicated to use.
Amazon ECS has its pricing under AWS. There is a free tier that is suitable for personal use and startups. As for the pricing plans, they are not fixed but have a pay-as-you-go approach. You only pay for the services that you need. Check the pricing calculator to know how much you will spend.Get Started with Amazon ECS
10. Microsoft Azure
Best Developer-Friendly Tools
After AWS, Microsoft Azure is the second biggest cloud service provider. Azure is the ideal choice for hosting your Docker container, especially if you're interested in technical features. You can host your Docker containers across multiple regions with the public cloud. Since Azure interacts with Docker directly, there is no need for APIs or complications.
- Developer-Friendly Tools: One of the highlights of using Microsoft Azure is access to other Azure tools. There is the Azure Kubernetes Service for deploying and managing containerized apps. Azure App Service allows you to deploy custom windows containers, while Azure Active Directory is available for identity and access management. Azure helps users move their ASP.NET apps to Docker containers.
- Topnotch Security: With Azure, you can enjoy enterprise-grade security for running Linux and Windows apps on your Docker container. There is a healing and self-cleaning feature for containers that have not been used. Furthermore, there is a Docker diagnose script for custom health checks and informing the support staff in case of bugs.
- Full App Support: You can access the Azure Marketplace using this hosting platform for your Docker containers. This gives you a lot of ready-made Docker apps hosted on Azure. The hosting service supports traditional apps and microservices.
- Impressive hosting performance with developer-friendly tools.
- High-quality security for running modern and traditional apps.
- Easy to use without any unneeded APIs.
- Provides bug removal and custom Linux distribution.
- Pay-as-you-go pricing.
- Need to pay extra for live chat support.
Microsoft Azure provides pay-as-you-go pricing for its Docker hosting plans, so you only pay for the resources you use. There is the opportunity to start for free, and you can then move to the paid plans. There are also some free services that you can add to your payment plan.Get Started with Microsoft Azure
11. IBM Cloud
Best Enterprise-Grade Security
Rounding up our list of the best Docker hosting services for your container is IBM Cloud. In 2017, IBM worked with Docker to develop a version of the Docker Enterprise Edition specifically designed for IBM Cloud. This gives you the benefits of the Docker engine with IBM tools. The Docker hosting plans IBM Cloud gives you advanced security features.
- Extensive Security Features: One of the best parts of using IBM Cloud for your Docker hosting is the security features and access controls. Using high-end infrastructure, the Docker hosting service provides vulnerability scanning and comprehensive risk assessment. There is edge-to-cloud protection for your application.
- Edge Computing and Automation: When using IBM Cloud, you can access their edge computing features, which will automate operations and increase safety measures. There is confidential computing that increases privacy and protects data. IBM Cloud automates the processes for your Docker container by tuning network performance, reducing process blockers, and improving operations.
- Backup and Disaster Recovery: IBM Cloud ensures you don't lose any of your previous data with the backups. You can create a business continuity plan that offers cloud backup, and whenever something happens to your application, you can recover the data.
- Enterprise-grade security features, including vulnerability scanning.
- Round-the-clock customer service through live chat and phone.
- Access support for working as a team.
- Pay as you go and scalable pricing plans.
- Affordable pricing.
- Separate customer support plan.
IBM Cloud starts with a free plan with no expiration date. This is the Lite plan, with always-free products for hosting your Docker container. After this, the other hosting plans are based on a pay-as-you-go model that helps you save costs.Get Started with IBM Cloud
Comparing Docker Hosting
Now that you know what the best Docker hosting services are for your containers, it's essential to know about this tool. Let's take a closer look at what Docker is used for.
What is Docker?
Docker is an application development and deployment tool. The tool creates containers, which developers use to package the pieces needed to make their application run. With a container, the developer does not have to worry about conflicts between settings on the computer and the app.
Docker is the world's largest container and open-source project, making application development easier for developers. Docker is free, but there is also a Pro plan for advanced features and a Team plan for collaboration.
Remember that Docker is more efficient than virtual machines, which take a lot of resources. Docker requires minimum resources for running your application.
What is Containerization?
Containerization is a form of virtualization where all the components of an app are put together in one container image and are run in isolated user space on the same shared operating system. They are conducive to automation and easy to use.
A software container will have a copy of the primary application and its dependencies. It provides APIs to the operating system, ensuring that the container and OS have the same interface. Any app running in a container can be copied to another server and deployed quickly.
Summary: Docking Hosting Solutions to Host Your Docker Containers
Choosing the best Docker hosting platform for your container might be tricky, but our guide has you covered. Selecting a hosting service that provides enough management to focus more on running your application in the container is essential.
Your Docker hosting solution should run on quality infrastructure to provide fast hosting and the best performance. It's essential to check the uptime, security features, ease of use, and other special features. We considered this when compiling our list of the best Docker web hosts.
Here are our top five:
Before purchasing your Docker hosting solution, check out these resources for more advice: