The Best Python Hosting Services in 2023 (VPS, Cloud, Shared)
Whether you are coding Python apps for the first or ninety-nine time, this article will do two things for you. First, it will help you to choose the most suitable Python hosting for your needs. Two, it will provide every information you need on Python hosting. Just continue reading.
Finding a hosting provider is a relatively easy task. What is difficult is getting a web hosting provider that supports Python. It can take hours or even days to find a good hosting service that provides the Python frameworks that you need.
Even if you find one, it might offer unaffordable pricing plans, leaving you jumping from one host to another. So what's the solution? This article is the solution. All it takes is to read to the end, and you can choose the ideal hosting for your Python projects.
Let's get started.
Best Python Hosting Providers in 2023
To get the best out of Siteground, consider using one of the cloud hosting plans. It will give you access to dedicated resources that you need to manage large Python projects efficiently.Try SiteGround
Siteground is an award-winning web hosting provider popularly known for its ultrafast WordPress hosting solution.
It offers a fully customizable cloud hosting solution that you can easily configure to match your Python projects' needs.
- Guaranteed and Dedicated: Let’s say you are on a shared hosting solution and your Python projects outgrow it. All you have to do is to move to the SiteGround cloud servers. They offer dedicated resources, which are well-optimized for speed and efficiency.
- Fully Managed Service: The most experienced DevOps team of SiteGround is in charge of managing and configuring your cloud account. They take care of the technical aspects, which allows you to focus on coding and running your Python programs.
- Account Management: SiteGround provides hosting packages that let you know the resources allocated to your cloud account, although you can still create custom hosting packages. Define specific client roles, host your clients on your cloud account, and specify the site management tools that your clients can use.
- Automatic Scaling: The cloud platform grows with your business. For example, increase CPU and RAM with a single click and automatically use the auto-scale option to add more resources when you want to handle more Python projects. This way, you can prevent traffic loss and downtime.
- Dedicated IP: On every cloud hosting plan you choose, you get a free dedicated IP that belongs to you. Additionally, the performance of other users’ apps will not affect your Python applications.
- Free CDN: Your Python applications can run faster when you have visitors from different locations, thanks to SiteGround's free CDN service. It caches its contents on multiple servers and serves them to visitors from their nearest location.
- Daily Backups: SiteGround automatically saves daily backups and keeps seven copies of your cloud account. You can also generate up to 5 free backups on demand from your control panel. Each of these backups is kept for seven days.
- Collaboration Tools: Transfer a site from your account to a different SiteGround client and recommend the services they need to activate. Also, you can add collaborators to any site hosted on SiteGround hosting plans. These collaborators will receive access to the control tools of the website.
- Setting up and getting started is straightforward
- SiteGround’s loading speed is fast
- The custom dashboard has a user-friendly interface
- Automated updates and reminders are available
- The resources on the lower plans are limited
- It can be expensive except you are ready to commit to the long term
Plans and Pricing
SiteGround offers four paid plans.
The lowest plan costs $100 per month, while the highest plan costs $400 per month.
Cheap Solution With Good Security Features
Bluehost came out as our top choice for many reasons, including its world-class servers and unlimited MySQL databases. Still, the best things about Bluehost are its multi-server management and extensive configuration options for Python projects.Try Bluehost
Bluehost has become a popular go-to for developers, website owners, and businesses since it was founded in 2003.
Bluehost would always be one of the three best-recommended solutions for any web hosting, whether Java, PostgreSQL or Python.
- Databases: Bluehost supports all the databases for your Python projects. They are MySQL databases, PostgreSQL databases, MySQL 5 Database Server.
- Available Technologies: Bluehost has dual quad processor performance servers, the Linux operating system, and the UPS power backup. Other technologies are customized Apache Web servers, site backups, multiple 10 Gigabit ethernet connections, and 24/7 network monitoring.
- Python Solution (VPS): If you go for the VPS version, you will have access to an easy-to-use dashboard that contains tools for managing your Python applications and analyzing their performance. Bluehost provides the RAM, CPU, and storage to run Python projects on every VPS plan. Host unlimited domains and sites and get full access to divide and organize your server environment the way you want.
- Python Solution (Dedicated): With the dedicated hosting solution, there's no limit on how you can customize, optimize, and manage your resources. Enjoy the multi-server management, improved cPanel with user-friendly design, fast provisioning, and storage upgrades. A free SSL certificate and a 30-day money-back guarantee are also available for dedicated servers.
- There is an unlimited number of MySQL databases
- Free website scripts and unmetered disk storage are available
- Enjoy many security tools, including spam assassin protection
- 24/7 customer support is available on all hosting plans
- Lack of solid backups solution on the lower plans
- Free site migration is only available for WordPress websites
Plans and Pricing
The pricing depends on the Bluehost hosting solution that you choose.
For example, the VPS Python solution starts from $19.99, while the Dedicated Python solution starts from $79.99 per month.
3. A2 Hosting
Speed and Security Are the Two Hacks of A2 Hosting
If you are an experienced Python developer, you will feel at home with A2 Hosting. Its Python hosting solution is developer-friendly and boasts high performance, speed, and security features.Try A2 Hosting
A2 Hosting is one of the first three Python hosts we will recommend to any developer.
Host Python on it and enjoy the blazingly fast speed and security that it provides for developers that want to run Python projects.
- Development Software: The Python version 3.4 is available on A2 Hosting for Python developers. Additionally, it supports other development software. They are PERL 5.10, Apache 2.4, PostgreSQL 9.6, Node.js 12, and MySQL 5.6/MariaDB. However, older versions are still available.
- VPS Solution: The VPS solution is where you enjoy the top python hosting features and benefits. For example, you get more control and customization over your Python projects and you can configure server settings to match your projects’ needs. A2 VPS solution is also highly scalable such that you can increase your VPS’s resources to match the growth of your Python projects.
- Security: Free HackScan protection allows you to block hacks before they cause any further problems. Other security features include KernelCare rebootless kernel updates, a dual firewall, and brute force defense. There's also the Reinforced Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) protection which guarantees that your Python applications remain online during an advanced Distributed Denial of Service attack.
- Availability of good documentation for configuring and using Python components
- Free SSL, free SSH access, and free CDN are available
- A2 Hosting offers generous SSD storage space on all plans
- Guru crew support which is available 24/7/365
- Buying the advertised add-ons can be financially draining
- Server Rewind Backup service is not available on the StartUp A2 hosting plan
Plans and Pricing
A2 Hosting offers four paid plans.
The lowest plan costs $2.99 per month, while the highest plan costs $12.99 per month.
First-Class Web Host With Affordable VPS Plans
Note that you can install Python on the Hostinger shared or cloud solutions, only VPS. Suppose you put in the cash and go for the VPS solution; you will enjoy the fast processing power and generous SSD storage that it provides for Python applications.Try Hostinger
Hostinger offers various hosting solutions, including web hosting, cloud hosting, and WordPress hosting.
Its VPS solution will give you the full control, flexibility, and speed you need to handle your Python-based applications.
- Hosting Management: A user-friendly web hosting control panel is available on all the VPS plans. Effortlessly keep track of all your resources through the dashboard and adjust as necessary.
- SSD and Processing Power: Every Hostinger virtual private server has the latest Intel Xeon processors, terabytes of NVMe SSD storage, and 512 GB RAM. The lowest SSD storage space you get on the lowest plan is 20 GB, and the highest on the highest plan is 250 GB. You can, therefore, rest assured that you will get enough processing power for any medium or large-scale online Python project you want to handle.
- 100 Mb/s Network: Thanks to Hostinger’s assured 100 Mb/s networks, you can enjoy impressively fast loading speed and a 99.9% server uptime guarantee for your Python apps. Visitors that access your Python apps also enjoy a smooth user experience.
- Dedicated IPv6 and NFS Support: With the latest IP technologies on Hostinger, rest assured that your connections are secure and efficient. Access data through the Network File System without worrying about location limitations. Mount an extra remote NFS and expand your available server space.
- Full Root Access: With full root access, you can customize your VPS to your preferences and track all resources in real time.
- Backups and Snapshots: Hostinger provides automated backups and manual live snapshots that allow you to restore your Python sites quickly within minutes. Access weekly backups irrespective of the Hosting VPS plan that you choose.
- Security and Scalability: Your server is secure, thanks to the built-in advanced DDoS protection, BitNinja’s full-stack server protection, and a dedicated IP on Hostinger. When you need more resources for your server environment, easily upgrade to a different plan. Therefore, you would not have to transfer files or experience downtime.
- Full root access is available on all plans
- The pricing plans are flexible and affordable
- Lots of features are available on the cheapest plans
- Availability of round-the-clock customer support live chat for every user
- Hostinger does not offer unlimited bandwidth that you might find on some competitors
- Limited RAM on lower plans
Plans and Pricing
Hostinger offers eight different paid plans.
The lowest plan has a reasonable cost of $3.49 per month, while the highest plan costs $77.99 per month.
5. Liquid Web
Liquid Web Offers Fast Speed and Reliable Service. Its Major Drawback is the Price.
Launch your next Python project on the Liquid Web VPS solution. You can enjoy the extensive management of a dedicated server and the elasticity of cloud hosting. But before you do that, check if you can keep up with its pricey pricing.Try Liquid Web
Liquid Web is another top Python web hosting solution that allows you to manage and handle your Python web applications effectively.
- System-Level Control: The root-level access lets you control your managed server environment without stress. Plesk and cPanel are both available: and provide control features you might not get from competitors.
- Scalability and Cloudflare CDN: Liquid Web allows you to easily upgrade or downgrade your managed VPS service without experiencing major downtime. The Cloudflare CDN, for example, uses a worldwide network of servers to manage load and increase Python applications’ performance.
- Gigabit Bandwidth and Dedicated IP Address: Enjoy free data transfers for all inbound gigabit (Gb) bandwidth and five terabytes (TB). The dedicated Internet Protocol (IP) address is safe and secure.
- Security: Easily optimize your security settings with complete ServerSecure protection, available for both fully managed Windows and Linux servers. Standard DDoS attack protection is available, which lets you monitor your Python sites against sudden attacks. The integrated firewall is the first line of defense that protects your managed VPS solution from malicious internet traffic.
- Add-Ons: Akamai, enhanced DDoS protection, cloud load balancer, server protections for Windows and Linux, web application protection, vulnerability assessment, premium business email, PCI compliance scanning, and ServerSecurePlus.
- Liquid Web’s Python hosting service is reliable
- Availability of extensive knowledge base for Python developers
- You would love the portal management UI/admin panels
- Good customer support, including LiveChat, is available
- Liquid Web is expensive, especially if you buy the add-ons
- The lowest plan is limited in terms of available features and services
Plans and Pricing
For the Linux solution, Liquid Web offers four paid plans.
The lowest plan costs $25 per month, while the highest goes for $105.
For the Windows solution, there are three paid plans.
The lowest plan costs $65 per month, while the highest plan costs $145 per month.
Ideal Solution for Team Collaboration
Cloudways specializes in providing managed cloud hosting services for users worldwide.
So far, it has served over 75,000 businesses and is your ideal solution for team collaboration features.
- Server Management: Choose the IaaS provider you want among a variety of world-class providers such as Amazon, Google Cloud, Linode, Vultr, and DigitalOcean. Extend your server storage space with a few clicks and without changing other server parameters. A 1-click hosting feature that scales resources like RAM and CPU are also available. Another benefit of Cloudways is that all PHP-based applications are supported. Also, the latest versions of MySQL and MariaDB are supported on all the Cloudways plans, and you can switch PHP versions with just a click.
- Control: Cloudways provides an easy-to-use UI that lets you control your server like a pro. Control some server parameters, run Python applications and upgrade packages on the server. On-demand or automated backups are created at an offsite location, and you can restore them with one click. The built-in Cron Job manager allows you to schedule cron jobs, set rules, and enable cron jobs. Supervisord Queue Manager, Advanced/Custom Varnish Settings, and 1-Click Stop App are other available features.
- Workflow and Team Collaboration: Securely access servers, update folders and files on your web app through SSH or SFTP, and generate individual SFTP credentials for your team. Group and classify your Python apps by tagging them. Test application changes in the dedicated staging environment and push them in 1-click without breaking the live version. Add team members and transfer ownership of servers to clients or any other involved party.
- Managed Security: The OS-level firewalls protect your Python web app by filtering out malicious traffic and preventing intruders. The 1-click free SSL installation lets you access the built-in Let’s Encrypt SSL, improving website security and confidentiality. Other security services are two-factor authentication, bot protection, advanced DDoS protection with Cloudflare, Web Application Firewall (WAF) with Cloudflare, and safe updates for WordPress.
- Cloudways’ web UI is clean and user-friendly
- You can group your Python apps into Python projects
- Access to multiple integrations and add-ons
- Cloudways offers rich support options, including live chat and online ticketing
- You can not turn the offsite backups off, and yet you are charged for it
- Lack of a file manager, and you might find the control panel a little bit complicated
Plans and Pricing
While there are four paid plans for all providers, the exact costs depend on each provider and the managed services you order.
Linode cloud hosting provider offers the cheapest plans, while AWS offers the most expensive plans, followed by Google Cloud.
Best Pick for Enterprise-Level Developers
Kamatera is a top hosting provider offering services ranging from cloud infrastructure to managed hosting and application hosting.
The core benefits of Kamatera are flexibility, scalability, affordability, and security.
For your Python hosting, consider going for its budget-friendly VPS hosting.
- Configuration and Scalability: With the Kamatera VPS solution, you can configure and add new resources, assign roles to administrators or users, and add servers when required. Also, you can stop and restart your servers, set up servers and all other resources while you are absent.
- CPU: Choose the CPU type that matches your Python projects’ requirements. There are four types: Types A, B, C, and D.
- Databases and Storage: Kamatera allows you to add your preferred databases, choose your IP allocation, control subnet and private VLAN (Virtual Local Area Network), and enjoy root/administrator access to your servers.
- Add your favorite databases easily
- Make configuration changes fast
- Multiple CPU types are available
- Run any Python app and add resources at peak times, both manually and automatically
- Lack of shared hosting services
- You will have to pay for the daily backups
Plans and Pricing
Kamatera provides a price calculator that lets you compute your expenditure before launching your cloud server.
Let’s say you wish to adjust your server architecture; you can use the price calculator to know how the changes will affect your expenses.
Things that add to the price of your chosen cloud server include the number of CPU cores, storage and other parameters, main memory, and additional hardware like management tools and firewalls.
What is Python?
How Python Began
We can trace the advent of Python back to the late 1980s when Guido van Rossum began working on Python to make it a successor to the ABC programming language.
More than 30 years later, Python is used by top programmers and companies like Google, Netflix, Meta, Spotify, and Dropbox.
The most recent Python version in use today is the Python 3, although the Python 2 version is still used by three percent of Python users.
Definition of Python
Python is a popular programming language for powering machine learning, building websites, and performing software testing.
One of the reasons why it is very popular is that beginners can learn Python fast. You can start to write programs and build web applications in a few weeks.
Applications of Python
Python is a general-purpose, object-oriented programming language, used in software and web development, automation, data science, and system scripting.
Python has many benefits over other programming languages. It provides a top-notch development environment for different types of software. Other benefits are its portability and strong growing community.
Pros and Cons of Python Hosting
Pros of Python Hosting
- Python hosting is easily available
- Programmers can easily connect to databases and bring content into their projects
- Run Python from Java applications and access tens of thousands of pre-made and freely available packages
- Enjoy out-of-the-box support for HTTP and MIME and run Python applications fast
Cons of Python Hosting
- Hosting Python applications can be expensive
- You need to find fast web hosting providers if you want to enjoy your Python hosting experience
Warning: Double-check With Your Web Host to Ensure They Offer Python Hosting
Check for Python Support
Check which plan offers Python support. Some hosts only provide support on Dedicated and VPS servers while a few offer it in shared hosting plans. Siteground and A2 hosting are some of the providers that support Python installation in their shared packages. If you want an affordable VPS server with Python, you can go for Hostinger.
Check for Framework Support
When you have confirmed that there's a suitable Python hosting plan, check for framework support, such as Django and Flask. For example, confirm if installing Django is allowed on the selected solution.
Check for Python Version
Confirm the Python version that the host runs and check if you can get old Python versions on their hosting plans.
Prerequisites for Python Hosting
Interpreter and Shell Access
Confirm the interpreter your host uses and check if it suits your needs. Do this because some hosts offer outdated interpreters that can affect your Python projects. Also, ensure that you have shell access and that the Apache installation supports CGI and mod_wsgi.
The first thing you need to check here is the host’s policy on Python libraries and Python modules. For example, some web hosts might offer policies that prevent them from installing anything that is not proven or tested. On the other hand, some Python web hosts will install whatever you need and will do so within twenty-four hours.
Persistent processes are resource hogs, and many hosts do not allow them. If you have to run persistent processes in a complete Python environment, consider investing in a virtual private or dedicated server. Dedicated servers are excellent; going for them is a good decision once you can cope with their maintenance necessity.
Things to Remember When Choosing a Python Host
- The best hosting solution for Python programming language is dedicated hosting
- Check if you can run persistent processes without getting penalized.
- Ensure that your selected host offers support for Python coding and thread management
- Ensure that you have Shell (SSH) access
- Check if you can self-install Python packages
- Check the Python interpreter version
- Confirm the Python-installed modules
- Check if your host allows you to run persistent processes
- Check for the available databases options and data centers if you want
Python is a top-tier object-oriented programming language and the most popular worldwide.
The developer is Guido van Rossum, and the major applications of Python are in artificial intelligence, machine learning, web development, and data analytics.
The most expensive option is the dedicated server, which costs between $100 and $200 per month, followed by the VPS option, which costs between $20 – $100 per month.
The cheapest hosting option, shared hosting, typically costs between $5 – $20 per month.
A free tier is difficult to come by on the hosting plans although SiteGround and A2 Hosting offer affordable plans.
You can host a Python website on hosting platforms. If you have large projects, choose SiteGround.
Best Web Server Providers for Hosting Your Python Scripts
If you want to get the best web servers for hosting your Python script, then be ready to spend a bit higher than the usual prices. The reason is that web hosts usually reserve their best features and services on their most expensive plans. As such, most of the lower plans have limited features.
The best web server that we recommend you first try out is the SiteGround VPS solution. However, you can still consider other available alternatives too. In fact, here are our top five best Python hosts.
You would also love these top Founderjar articles and eventually find them useful.
- Bluehost vs. SiteGround
- Best Database Software and Systems
- Best Web Hosting Services
- Best Java Hosting Providers
- Best PostgreSQL Hosting Services for Fast, Reliable Databases