The Ultimate List of Artificial Intelligence Statistics for 2023
Artificial intelligence is a field of study focusing on simulating human intelligence by computer systems and machines.
It is without a doubt one of the most fascinating, but also controversial, technology trends that emerged in the 21st century.
Today, AI is being used across a variety of business sectors and industries, including storage, marketing, logistics, and sales. It’s been growing steadily over the past 2 decades, and experts predict that it’s only going to continue doing so.
Here are some key AI statistics and facts to keep in mind regarding its impact on employment, usage, market growth, and size.
Artificial Intelligence Statistics (Highlights)
- The AI industry value is projected to increase by 13x during the course of the next 8 years
- More than 50% of US citizens use voice assistance for information purposes
- AI is growing at a CAGR of approximately 40% globally
- The artificial intelligence market is predicted to grow by 38% in 2023
- Almost 100 million people will be working in the AI sector by 2025
- AI is used in disease prevention to discover previously unknown virus strains
- Google’s deep machine learning technology is thought to be up to 99% accurate
AI Technology Statistics
1. The artificial intelligence industry value is projected to increase by 13x during the course of the next 8 years
(Globe News Wire)
The market value of the global AI market is set to increase from $387 billion in 2022 to an astounding $1,394 billion by the end of 2029.
This means that it’s going to be expanding at a compound annual growth rate of a little over 20% during the forecasted period.
Additionally, China is set to have 26.1% of the global AI market share, making it the biggest market in the world.
2. There are more than 4 billion voice assistants currently in use
Voice assistants, such as Siri and Google Assistant, are the best examples of how AI could seamlessly merge with everyday life and make things easier for people around the globe.
Artificial intelligence statistics even show that voice assistants that are equipped with NLP technology could outnumber the human race by 2024 with an astounding 8.4 billion devices.
However, chatbots and other forms of AI currently in use still have a lot of room for improvement when it comes to natural language processing before they become a staple among users.
According to Pew Research Center, up to 46% of US adults use virtual assistants every single day. Statistics predict that up to 40% of mobile interactions between virtual assistants and people will be powered by cloud-based neural networks.
3. The NLP (natural language processing) market share is set to increase to more than $43 billion by 2023
Natural language processing (NLP) technology is used to help computers translate human language into actual information they’re able to understand. This is achieved by manipulating data.
Currently, thousands of leading businesses are attempting to bridge the gap between machine intelligence and human languages.
4. Google uses global AI technology to process almost 7 billion search queries every single day
Nowadays, searching and organizing big data sets is made possible thanks to AI technology.
AI technology takes over in the event of conventional big data storing and collecting methods failing. This mainstream technology processes billion of search queries that search engines receive on a daily level.
5. WhatsApp produces more than 100 billion AI-processed texts every single day
One of the most popular messaging apps in the world, WhatsApp, uses AI technology to process more than 100 billion texts between users every single day.
The app was officially launched back in November 2009 for iOS, but it was released for Android users as well in August 2010, accumulating more than 2 billion monthly active users around the globe to this day.
6. More than 50% of US citizens use voice assistance for information purposes
(National Public Media)
Voice search uses speech recognition AI software to help users search the Internet. Currently, there are more than 110 million digital voice assistants used in the United States.
Beginning in early 2020, AI-powered voice assistants became the main source of information for up to 51% of American citizens, showing just how powerful and useful voice search is. It has since continued growing at an amazing rate.
Artificial Intelligence Growth Statistics
7. The number of companies using AI grew by 270% from 2015 to 2019
Back in 2015, only around 10% of companies were using or planning to start using AI technology in the near future.
By 2019, this number had grown to 37% of leading businesses. Up to 36% of executives stated that the primary goal of implementing AI technology was to optimize internal business operations.
8. Artificial intelligence is growing at a CAGR of approximately 40% globally
(Grand View Research)
Global AI market statistics show that this technology is growing at a 40% CAGR, which is significant. Additionally, statistics show that this growth is highly unlikely to slow down in the near future.
Moreover, global AI implementation among businesses is predicted to expand at a 38% CAGR between the years 2022 and 2030.
9. 4 in 10 businesses have plans to begin using AI
Statistics show that 4 out of 10 companies plan on implementing AI. AI statistics show that back in 2020, up to 39% of large corporations had plans to invest in this technology.
10. The wearable AI market is set to reach $180 billion by the year 2025
(Global Market Insights)
Wearable AI refers to technology that has the ability to learn its wearers' speaking patterns and vitals, which it then uses to generate warning signals, as well as assess the mood and tone of what’s being said.
Popular examples include Fitbits and Apple Watches, which are helping boost the global wearable AI market value. The market is set to reach $180 billion by 2025.
11. AI services revenue is set to increase by more than 6x in the next 5 years
Back in 2020, an astounding $19.4 billion in revenue was accumulated by AI services. In 2022, this market is expected to grow to $62.5 billion, which is significant.
Moreover, AI statistics indicate that by 2025 the AI industry is going to reach $126 billion in annual revenue.
Global AI Market Statistics
12. The artificial intelligence market is predicted to grow by 38% in 2023
AI statistics show that the market is going to grow by an amazing 38% in the following year, 2023. Artificial intelligence facts show that the market was projected to grow by 47% between 2021 and 2022.
The near-future forecast is certainly bright when taking into consideration this recent upwards trajectory, as data scientists are predicting continued growth of at least 26% every year until 2025.
13. In the next decade, AI tech can increase revenue by more than $15 trillion
AI statistics and estimations suggest that AI technology is capable of generating up to $15.7 trillion in market revenue by the end of 2030.
This means that it would boost the GDP (gross domestic product) of local economies around the world by an additional 26%.
14. Business analysts estimated the worth of the US AI market at almost $22 billion in 2021
Data analytics show that as the dependency on human intelligence continues to decrease, the US AI market is going to be worth approximately $299 billion by 2026.
Between 2021 and 2028, the compound annual growth rate is predicted to exceed 40%, with dependency on human intelligence decreasing by up to 15x in the past decade.
15. Almost 100 million people will be working in the AI sector by 2025
Statistics have shown that the AI industry will need further manpower due to the ever-increasing projections related to it.
Approximately 97 million people will be required to fill in the job demands of the growing industry by the end of 2025.
How Businesses Adopt AI
16. 4 in 5 businesses consider AI to be their top priority in their business strategy
Statistics on business’s future indicate that one of the top priorities in any company’s business strategy seems to be AI.
This is particularly true for the retail industry. Retail executives expect AI adoption to take place by 2027. Overall, there is widespread adoption of AI happening across a variety of industries.
The two most common ways businesses adopt AI are by using chatbots and automated emails for everyday business communication.
17. Around 80% of executives in the retail industry expect their business to start using AI automation by 2025
AI adoption is set to take place across all industries and business sectors sooner or later. Artificial intelligence stats show that the great majority of business leaders expect their businesses to adopt AI technologies by 2025.
18. AI is expected to improve employee productivity by an astounding 40%
Interesting AI statistics show that AI has the potential to boost the productivity of employees by approximately 40% until the year 2035, which is significant.
The collaboration between AI systems, AI tools, and employees is certain to give businesses a competitive advantage in the following years, especially when it comes to marketing and sales departments.
19. 17 out of 20 CEOs claimed that artificial intelligence would be the main technology used in their company back in 2021
The majority of CEOs and other top-level business executives agree that having AI software and AI systems will be beneficial to their business.
The impact of AI technologies on business will not only boost productivity but also give AI startups the competitive advantage needed to move into new business ventures.
AI Usage Statistics
20. Artificial intelligence is used in disease prevention to discover previously unknown virus strains
Prior to the still ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, AI and machine learning were used to report an outbreak of an unknown type of pneumonia, showing fascinating AI capabilities.
21. Certain smartwatches use AI to time each hand-washing session in order to maximize cleanliness
Wearable AI tech has certainly been on the rise in the past decade, with many analysts predicting that it’s only going to continue growing.
Since certain smartwatches use an AI system to time hand-washing, experts say that this kind of wearable tech can even be used to aid the healthcare’s mission to create and healthier environment and world.
22. More than 20% of adults in the United States own a smart speaker
Some of the most popular smart speaker examples include the HomePod by Apple and the Amazon Echo.
These speakers use speech recognition software to provide their users with things such as weather forecasts, but they can also be used to make emergency phone calls or play music.
Machine Learning Statistics
23. Almost half of all businesses use some form of data analysis, machine learning, or AI
Statistics show that nearly half of all businesses currently use some form of AI and machine learning for their day-to-day operations.
Common uses of AI and machine learning include maintaining data accuracy, as up to 48% of businesses use AI tools for data analysis.
24. 57% of companies use machine learning and artificial intelligence to improve customer experience as of 2021
The most common AI usage is probably customer satisfaction. Providing and maintaining a stellar customer experience can make or break any business nowadays.
That’s exactly why many businesses are choosing AI for their customer service interactions while carefully crafting their customer experience strategy.
25. Google’s deep machine learning technology is thought to be up to 99% accurate
(Google AI Blog)
Statistics show that Google’s deep ML technology is almost 100% accurate, as it has been shown to be even more effective at detecting metastatic breast cancer when compared to human pathologists.
26. Machine learning allows Oxford University’s artificial intelligence system to read lips at a 93% level of accuracy
Smart machine technologies are even being used to read lips at an insane accuracy level.
Oxford University’s AI system has been reported to be around 93% accurate at reading lips, which is more accurate than any human lip reader.
AI Predictions and Challenges
27. Elon Musk warned that AI could overtake humans by 2025
Advanced AI may become sentient in the next 5-10 years, according to global market players.
With the power of computer science, we can see AI, ML, and deep learning emerging as modern solutions that will certainly replace traditional methods in the upcoming years.
Currently, there are three types of AI on the market, including ANI (artificial narrow intelligence), AGI (artificial general intelligence), and ASI (artificial super intelligence).
28. The primary concern among AI skeptics is lost jobs
AI replacing jobs is certainly the biggest problem people have with this technology.
Other implications seem to be more ethical, as people worry that computers will be able to fully integrate with conscious thought.
29. 4 in 10 business executives think that AI is extremely expensive
(Harvard Business Review)
Many top-level executives and marketing leaders believe that AI is too expensive to implement into their business strategy (up to 40%).
In 2021, global spending on AI strategy and systems reached an astounding $57.6 billion, according to market research.
30. 3 out of 4 CEOs are worried about the limited transparency in the artificial intelligence market
Skewed biases and the lack of transparency seem to be the biggest concern for approximately 76% of CEOs, according to a 2017 survey.
Up to 47% of organizations stated that they had a defined AI strategy and 63% of businesses stated that the need to reduce costs will force them to use AI, leaving people wondering just how many jobs could AI replace in the future.
AI in Sales, Marketing, and Customer Care
31. Sales and marketing departments prioritize machine learning and artificial intelligence for market revenue success 40% more than other departments
Sales and marketing leaders stated that their departments relied heavily on process automation in order to increase their market revenue share.
Additionally, they stated that AI technology represented the perfect solution for overworked and burnout customer service representatives.
32. 4 in 10 marketing specialists think that AI email marketing improves revenue
A total of 41.29% of marketers stated that AI was a crucial component of their marketing strategy.
They further claimed that the use of AI email marketing helped them significantly improve revenue.
33. Artificial intelligence algorithms increase the number of leads by as much as 50%
(Harvard Business Review)
AI-powered intelligent automation and algorithms could help businesses increase the number of leads, statistics have shown. AI algorithms reveal data on which products have generated the highest profit margins.
This offers invaluable insight into the purchasing habits of any client. The most recent data shows that AI helped the sales industry by increasing leads and reducing call times by 60%, which resulted in overall cost reductions of up to 60%.
34. 4 out of 5 marketers predicted that AI would change the way marketing works by 2020
A large number (80%) of marketers around the world believe that AI is not just the one of emerging technology trends, but instead a revolution that will completely change the way all industries work, not just marketing.
This has already been proven to be true for logistics, sales, retail, and many other industries.
Artificial Intelligence and Employment Statistics
35. Storage and transportation workers face the biggest risk of job automation
When it comes to job loss due to AI technology, the industries facing the most uncertainty are wholesale, retail, transportation, and storage. Many people are concerned that the growing AI industry will result in a job crisis in the following years.
Moreover, a lot of people even began wondering whether they should switch career paths in order to avoid becoming obsolete once automation full takes hold of their current job roles.
36. AI and ML are set to replace 16% of all jobs within the US in less than a decade across all industries
Though this might sound scary, it is more than likely that plenty of new jobs will arise from the AI tech growth, as there will be more people needed in this space.
For a net loss of around 7%, the AI market will generate 9% of new jobs in the United States alone, meaning that it will more than make up for this loss.
How Can These Artificial Intelligence Statistics Help You?
AI is certainly a hot topic for corporations and businesses around the globe. Its capabilities are helping businesses better manage their operations, approach real-time engagement with customers, and ensure continuity at all times.
AI technology is advancing each day, as companies find new ways to expand and innovate their business strategies.
It plays a huge role in day-to-day activities, not only for businesses but also for regular people. Almost every single person on Earth carries a mobile phone with built-in AI features, such as a voice assistant.
It’s no surprise that more and more businesses are investing in AI technology to avoid losing competitive advantage in the market. Regardless of how people view it, AI is definitely not going away any time soon.
- Globe News Wire
- Business Wire
- National Public Media
- Grand View Research
- Global Market Insights
- PR Newswire
- World Economic Forum
- Analytics Insight
- Google AI Blog
- Harvard Business Review
- Harvard Business Review