8 Best Free Logo Design Software for PC & Mac 
Are you looking for a reliable logo maker to help you create a professional-looking logo for your business for free? In this guide, we’ll go over 7 of the best free logo makers and help you pick the best one for you.
Best choice when you want to design a logo online and handle all your other branding needs on the same platform
When creating a new business, one of the first things you need is a professional logo. For most entrepreneurs, this means either designing it yourself – if you have the skills – or hiring professional logo designers to do it for you.
If you don’t have the graphic design skills or the money to pay a professional designer, designing a new logo can be a huge challenge. Yet you can’t afford to scrimp on it since your logo forms the basis of your brand identity. Fortunately, you don’t need to.
You can easily create a professional logo using free logo makers. There are lots of free logo makers online, but not all of them work as promised. I tested dozens of them and compiled a list of 7 of the best free logo makers. My top recommendation is Adobe Express.
Best Free Logo Makers
- Adobe Express Logo Maker (Free Plan)
- Inkscape (Free)
- Wepik Logo Maker (Free)
- Corel Vector (Free Trial)
- Canva Logo Maker (Free Plan)
- Hatchful Logo Maker (Free)
- Desygner (Free Plan)
- Tailor Brands Logo Maker (Free Logo Download)
Best Overall Free Logo Maker
Adobe Express Logo Maker is my top recommendation for the best free logo maker. It gives you remarkable customization features while remaining simple and easy to use. I also love its random customization option.
Adobe Express is part of Adobe’s Creative Cloud, a suite of multiple design applications. It is an AI-powered logo maker with a simple, straightforward logo generator for entrepreneurs who don’t have a design background but want a DIY logo. At the same time, it offers multiple customization options for those who want more control over how their logo looks.
- Easy-to-use logo generator: Adobe Express Logo Maker is very easy to use. Simply key in your business name, slogan, and industry, pick your preferred logo style and choose an icon (optional). Within minutes, the Adobe Express logo generator will automatically generate tens of logo ideas for you to select.
- Random customization: After generating a logo, Adobe Express lets you customize elements like color and font randomly. This is a great feature for entrepreneurs without any design know-how. You can scroll through random colors and fonts till you find something that works for you.
- Tailored customization: If you’ve registered for a free account, Adobe Express Logo Maker gives you access to more detailed customization options that give you total control over your logo. You can add images, replace icons, insert text, resize and rotate elements, and more to create a custom logo.
- 100+ icons: Adobe Express gives you access to over 100 icons to use on your logo for free. If you don’t find one that works for you, you can also import your own icons.
- Animated logos: Besides creating logos, Adobe Express lets you add various animations to your logos, which you can then download as MP4 videos. These animated logos are great for social media clips, YouTube videos, or your website.
- Easy sharing: After creating a logo, you can download high-quality versions of the logo, either in PNG or JPG format. You can also save the logo on your Adobe Express account and use it in the future when designing business cards, flyers, social media posts, and so on.
Adobe Express Pros
- Easy to use
- Lots of customization options
- Free forever
- High-quality JPG and PNG downloads
- Allows you to create a logo from scratch
- Gives you access to the Adobe Creative Cloud Express package that lets you design graphics, flyers, posters, and more.
- Gives you full usage rights over your logo
- Supports logo animation
Adobe Express Cons
- You need an account to download your logo
- Limited templates, icons, and customization options under the free plan
- Does now support vector (SVG) downloads
Adobe Express has a free forever plan and a premium plan starting at $9.99 per month. You can save 16% by paying annually instead of monthly. The premium plan has a 30-day free trial.
Best Free SVG Logo Maker
What I like about Inkscape is that it gives you all the features of a premium graphic design program for free. Actually, you can think of it as a free version of Adobe Illustrator. However, it has a steep learning curve for new users.
Inkscape is an open-source desktop design program that gives you all the features you get on Adobe Illustrator for free. It has advanced text and image manipulation features. Since it’s built for professional designers, you need some design skills to get the most out of Inkscape.
- Vector-based images: Inkscape lets you export your logo as a scalable vector image (SVG), which doesn’t blur when resized. This is great when you want to print your logo in large format, such as on billboards and banners.
- Advanced editing: There’s no limit to the kind of image manipulation you can do with Inkscape. You can draw shapes from scratch, resize them, edit nodes, trace bitmaps, create path-based text, adjust object transparency, and create gradients to come up with the perfect logo.
- Import multiple formats: You can import several types of files into Inkscape, including Illustrator files, CorelDraw files, JPG, EPS, TIP, PNG, BMP, PostScript, and many other image formats.
- Filters: Inkscape comes with 20+ preset filters that you can use to quickly apply various edits to your logo.
- DIY logo maker with an extensive selection of vector-editing tools
- You can use extensions to expand its functionality
- Completely free and open-source
- It’s one of the best logo design apps for vector editing
- It’s a fully featured design software that can be used even by skilled designers
- Works on multiple platforms, including Windows, iOS, and Linux
- Doesn’t support JPG image exporting
- Steep learning curve
- The interface is a bit dated
- A bit buggy on iOS
Inkscape is complexly free. Simply download it on your computer and start your logo design.
Best Free User-Friendly Logo Maker for Non-Designers
Wepik is a revolutionary online tool to help you create visually stunning designs with ease. With its comprehensive library of customizable templates, it offers the perfect free user-friendly solution for individuals and businesses alike. From logos to social media resources, flyers and more, its edit tool is very simple to use, with no prior experience in design needed.
- Easy to use: Wepik has a user-friendly interface that makes logo designing easy for everyone.
- Extensive templates' library: Wepik offers a large collection of templates for many types of business. With so many designs available, it is simple to find the one that best represents your company's image.
- Wide variety of visual resources: Wepik has a vast database of images, icons, graphic elements, and fonts, that are updated regularly.
- All-in-one edit tool: The Wepik editor is equipped with all the necessary tools to edit templates. Aimed at both experts and non-experts designers, it’s easy to come up with professional-looking logos.
- Innovative features: Wepik has some unique features that make it stand out from other design platforms, such as a Background remover or an IA text-to-image generator.
- Multi-format download: You can download your creations in various formats, including PNG, JPG, PDF, and SVG, with the best image quality.
- 100% free platform: Wepik is completely free. You can create unlimited designs and download them without any limitations or fees.
- Free forever
- Thousands of logo templates for many type of businesses
- Simple and user-friendly interface
- Great for basic logo designs
- Online editor with all the tools and features you require
- High-resolution logo-file download
- Logos cannot be designed from a blank page
- Must create an account (free)
The greatest thing about Wepik is that it offers all its features for free. You will be able to enjoy everything this platform has to offer, including the most innovative features, without extra costs.
Best Online Logo Maker for Skilled Designers
Corel Vector brings the advanced editing features of fully-featured desktop design programs like CorelDraw, Illustrator, and Inkscape to an online logo creator. This makes it a great option for creating stunning logo designs from scratch on any internet-connected device. However, it requires some familiarity with design software.
Corel Vector started as Gravit Designer before Corel bought it in 2018 and changed its name to Corel Vector. It is an online-based logo creator app that lets you edit vector files and images right within your browser.
- Intuitive and user-friendly interface: Corel Vector has the same simple editing interface you’ll find on other Corel applications. The interface even works with touch screens and pen devices like Apple Pencil.
- Powerful vector editor: This logo creator app supports all kinds of vector file editing operations, including node editing for flexible geometric shape creation, live Boolean operations, layer fills and adjustments, freehand vector tools, and so much more.
- Text and typography editing: Corel Vector gives you access to the full Google Fonts library. It is also compatible with both OpenType and TrueType fonts.
- Advanced image editing: You can use Corel Vector to add filters to images, adjust elements like color, contrast, brightness, vibrance, hue, and saturation, rasterize objects into bitmaps, scale, crop, and transform images, and so on.
- Compatibility with multiple file formats: Corel Vector lets you import JPEG, PNG, EPS, SVG, SVGZ, PDF, and GIF files into your logo design project. You can export your ready logo as JPEG, PNG, PDF, SVG, and SVGZ.
- Offline access: Despite being an online-based graphic design app, Corel Vector lets you continue working on your designs offline for up to 15 days. You can still import files to Corel Vector, edit your designs, and save files on your hard drive like you would with a desktop app.
- Unlimited cloud Storage: Corel Vector also gives you unlimited cloud storage where you can save your designs and access them from anywhere.
Corel Vector Pros
- Works on any device with an internet connection
- Has an offline mode
- Offers advanced editing features
- Has an extensive library of icons, illustrations, shapes, frames, stickers, emojis, and photos
Corel Vector Cons
- Doesn’t have a free plan. Only has a 15-day free trial
- Requires some design skills
Unlike other free online logo maker software covered here, Corel Vector doesn’t have a free plan. You only get a 15-day free trial, after which you get billed $69.99 per year. There’s no monthly billing option.
Easy to Use Online Logo Maker
Canva gives you total control over your logo without making the logo creation process complicated and tiresome. I love its clean interface, the collection of logo templates, and its simple controls that make logo design an easy process for everyone.
Canva is a simple web-based design tool that helps you create beautiful logos, posters, social media graphics, and other visual content for your brand. The app is very easy to use, even if you’ve never used a design tool before while giving you great levels of customization.
- Easy to use: You don’t need advanced skills to design your logo on Canva. You can drag and drop images, icons, and text, drag to resize elements, copy and paste elements, and so on. You can also import your own images into Canva.
- Professional logos: Canva Logo Maker gives you access to thousands of professionally designed logo templates that you can use to kickstart your creative ideas. Simply pick a logo template you like and quickly customize it as you wish. The logos are even grouped into searchable categories to make things easier for you.
- Free icons and illustrations: Canva has a library containing millions of icons, images, and other graphics you can use on your logo for free.
- Extensive font library: Pick the right font from Canva’s library of over 1,000 beautiful fonts. If you don’t find one you like, Canva lets you upload your own font for use on your logo.
- Mockups: Once your logo is ready, you can create realistic mockups to see how your logo will look on posters, brochures, business cards, banners, product packaging, t-shirts, hoodies, and other merchandise.
- Easy sharing: You can create a link to your design and invite your teammates to view and edit your logo design. Once the whole team is happy with the logo, easily export it as JPG, PNG, or PDF.
- Easy to use
- Lots of free templates, fonts, icons, and images
- Lots of free tools
- Compatible with all devices, including smartphones
- Some features are locked behind premium plans
- Not easy to use on small screens
- Doesn’t come with an AI logo generator
- Doesn’t support vector format
Canva has a free plan that gives you access to most of the tools and features you need to design your logo. If you need more features, you can get Canva Pro, which starts at $12.99 per month, or Canva for Teams, which starts at $14.99 per month.
Best for Ecommerce Brands
Hatchful Logo Maker is a great choice when you want a beautiful logo quickly without getting too involved in the logo creation process. However, it has minimal customization options, so I recommend starting with a template that’s very close to your desired final logo.
Hatchful is a free logo maker tool created by Shopify. It generates hundreds of logo designs based on information about your brand and preferred visual style. Hatchful lets you customize the generated logos, though you’re only limited to changing the font, color, icons, and layout.
- Easy to use: Creating a logo on Hatchful takes less than a minute. Simply choose your industry, select a visual style, add your business name, and say where you intend to use the logo. Hatchful will generate lots of designs for you to choose from.
- Hundreds of templates: Hatchful gives you access to hundreds of templates you can use as a starter logo. With so many templates, finding something that works for you is much easier.
- Icon library: You get access to an icon library with hundreds of free icons you can use on your logo. You can even filter the icons by industry.
- Multi-format logo download: Once you’re done creating your logo, click on Download, and Hatchful will send a ZIP file with various versions of your logo. These include a full-color, high-resolution PNG, a PNG with transparent background, an Instagram profile image, a Facebook cover photo and profile image, a Twitter banner and profile image, a favicon, a YouTube profile image, a LinkedIn banner and profile image, and a Pinterest board photo and profile image.
- Free forever
- Download logos in various sizes for use on different platforms
- Easy to use
- Generates logos in seconds
- High-resolution logo file downloads
- Great for simple logo designs
- Doesn’t support vector file downloads
- Very limited customization, so you might find someone with a very similar logo.
- Many of the generated logos are very underwhelming
Hatchful Logo Maker is completely free to use. You only need to provide your email address to receive the ZIP file with your media assets.
Web-Based Design Tool with Integrated Shutterstock Library
Desygner is an online-based design software that has all the design tools you need to create your own logo, social media templates, business cards, and other marketing materials. Like many other online logo makers, such as Wix Logo Maker, Desygner uses customizable templates as a starting point for your designs.
- Access to royalty-free images: Desygner is integrated with Shutterstock to give you unlimited access to beautiful, royalty-free images you can use on your logo.
- Thousands of templates: There are thousands of logo designs created by professional designers. You only need to browse through the templates, find one you like, and customize it to suit your needs. You can change the colors, logo text, icons, and element sizes.
- Drag-and-drop editor: Customizing logo templates is easy thanks to Desygner’s drag-and-drop interface. Click and drag on elements to change their position and drag the corners to adjust element sizes. You can also group and ungroup elements and adjust their transparency.
- Fonts: Desygner gives you access to a wide selection of fonts to use on your logo. You can also upload your own font if you can’t find the right one from Desygner’s font list.
- Multi-format downloads: After creating a sleek logo for your brand, Desygner allows you to download it in JPG, PNG, and PDF formats.
- Brand kit: You can also save your logo on your Desygner brand kit and use it on your other brand graphics, such as your social media posts, business cards, posters, flyers, and so on.
- Free access to stock photos
- Simple, user-friendly interface
- Extensive template library
- Affordable premium plans
- Decent editing tools
- The best templates are only available to premium users
- Not great for advanced graphics
Desygner has a free forever plan and two premium plans starting at $4.95 and $9.95 per month. If you decide to get a premium plan, you can save up to 50% by paying annually.
All-in-One Branding Platform
Tailor Brands isn’t just a free logo maker. It is an all-rounded platform that takes care of all your branding needs. Besides logo design, you can use it to create other branded assets for your business, print branded merchandise, build a business website, and even register your business as an LLC.
- Intuitive logo design process: Like Adobe Express and Hatchful, Tailor Brands relies on AI to generate free logos for you. You only need to provide some information about your business and style preferences, and it takes care of the rest. Customizing your chosen logo is also pretty straightforward.
- Hundreds of logo variations: Tailor Brands generates hundreds of free logos for you to choose from, so you’re assured of getting a good logo for your business.
- High-resolution logo files: Tailor Brands lets you download your logo in multiple formats, including SVG and EPS. You also get up to 21 resized logo versions to use on different platforms, such as social media, your websites, posters, and so on. Note, however, that this is only available for premium plans. The free plan only allows you to download a low-resolution version of your logo.
- Branded assets: After you’re done designing your logo, Tailor Brands also creates other brand assets for you, including printable business cards, branded letterheads, and a brand book. However, this is also available only on premium plans.
Tailor Brands Pros
- Has a highly intuitive logo design process
- Has a wide range of branding services
- Wide range of logos to choose from
- Great for basic logo designs
- Has all the tools you need to set up your brand
Tailor Brands Cons
- You have to pay for high resolutions versions of your logo
- Limited customization options
- Some logo designs look unoriginal
Tailor Brands Logo Maker doesn’t have a free plan. However, you can design your logo for free, though you’ll only be able to download a low-resolution version of the logo (192 pixels).
Paid plans start at $3.99 per month for the Basic plan, $5.99 per month for the Standard plan, and $12 per month for the Premium plan. You can save up to 70% by paying annually and up to 75% by paying for a two-year subscription.
Best Free Logo Makers FAQs
The best free logo maker software is characterized by the following:
– Lots of free logo templates to choose from
– Good customization options to help you create a unique logo for your business
– Ability to design and download a high-resolution version of your logo without paying for a subscription
There are lots of free logo makers online, but many aren’t very reliable. Some give you unflattering logos that won’t do any good to your brand, while others have minimal customization options, which means you won’t have a unique logo. However, I tested the logo design tools I recommend here and confirmed that you can use them to get a good-looking logo without paying a dime.
What Free Logo Maker Should I Try?
If you want a sleek and unique logo for your business but don’t have a budget to splurge on a professional logo designer, you don’t need to worry. You can use one of the free logo makers I recommend in this article to design your own logo in a matter of minutes.
Based on my tests, here are my top 5 recommendations for the best free logo maker software in the market today:
Corel Vector (formerly Gravit Designer)
Some other logo makers you might want to check out include Wix Logo Maker, Ucraft Logo Maker, and Squarespace Logo Maker.