7 Best Magento Hosting Providers for Your Ecommerce Store
The best Magento hosting providers are fast, easy to set up, and highly compatible with Magento, making it easy to start and grow your online store. I have analyzed the seven best Magento hosts and suggested my top five recommendations.
Choosing a powerful Magento hosting provider is essential to getting the most out of Magento's capabilities.
Magento is one of the best eCommerce platforms in 2022 and, therefore, a superb choice for building your online store. But whether the platform will drive your business’ success largely depends on the web host you choose to go with it.
Selecting the right web hosting service provider for Magento boils down to some key considerations. Compatibility, loading speed, security, and quality of customer support are some of the main factors that will determine if a Magento host is right for your business.
In this article, I have analyzed the seven best Magento hosting services, laying out their key features and pricing so you can select the best option for you.
Best Magento Hosting Providers
These are the best Magento hosting providers:
Best Magento Host With Highly Scalable Servers
A highly scalable solution, Nexcess provides speedy web hosting for businesses of all sizes. The web host provider can automatically deploy needed resources in case of a substantial surge in your website traffic. If you want reliable enterprise features and a very customizable solution, go for Nexcess.
Nexcess is a top-rated managed Magento hosting company that provides all the robust resources needed to grow an online store as quickly and efficiently as possible.
The platform has a solution designed specifically for Magento sites, so expect robust customization and reliable security. Nexcess also distinguishes itself from its competition with cost-efficient and generous features.
- Comprehensive Control Panel: With Nexcess, you can manage your account, billing, DNS, SSL, and much more using the built-in administration panel called Nexcess Client Portal. This panel provides a comprehensive overview of what’s going on with your server and account. Although there isn't a cPanel, the Nexcess Client Portal has all the buttons and features you might require.
- Great Customer Support: Nexcess has a team with Magento expertise available to assist you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. They may be able to resolve your problems and answer your questions via phone and a ticket system, as well as a useful knowledge base.
- Enhanced Security: Your Magento store is automatically checked for malware, and the platform also fixes security flaws and bugs. Nexcess automatically creates backups of your online store to continue preserving its data and offers dedicated IP addresses to further increase the security of your own website.
- High Scalability: The managed Magento hosting solution from Nexcess has been designed with improved performance in mind, making it easier to upgrade and add more resources to your account when there is a significant increase in traffic.
- Nexcess' knowledge library is an invaluable resource for people who are using Magento for the first time.
- Automated scaling.
- Provides an option to test your website’s performance on demand to improve site speed.
- It is not a very affordable solution. Even the shared hosting plans are costlier than other platforms.
- There is no available live chat support.
- Pricing starts at $41.30 for a monthly subscription.
- You’ll need to request a custom quote to use dedicated servers.
2. A2 Hosting
Best Magento Hosting For Fast Site Speed
With an A2 Hosting optimized managed hosting plan, you will be utilizing one of the fastest web hosting solutions, and with minimal effort on your end. The platform boasts some reliable security features, including a dual firewall and DDoS protection. Choose A2 Hosting if you want a Magento hosting service you can rely on for fast loading speeds.
A2 Hosting is a Magento hosting provider known for its ultra-fast hosting. The platform is compatible with Magento versions 1.7.X, 1.9.X, 2.2.X, and 2.3.X.
While there are several hosting plans, including a shared hosting plan, the most convenient option for Magento users is A2 Hosting’s managed and optimized hosting solutions.
- Optimized Hosting: A2 Hosting’s optimized hosting solution is one of the surefire ways to guarantee fast loading for your Magento platform. While the platform’s servers are optimized for speed, you also get a 20x faster Turbo option to boost your website speed, depending on your chosen plan.
- Robust Security: A2 Hosting implements strong security measures such as HackScan Protection to help users prevent hacks from harming their websites. Some of the notable security features include KernelCare rebootless kernel updates, brute force defense, and a dual hosting firewall. The DDoS attack protection ensures that your website stays online even under the most advanced DDoS attacks.
- Robust Customization: Developers and tech gurus will love A2 Hosting as it provides root-level access. Users can utilize the latest versions of some of the most popular development software, including MySQL 5.6/MariaDB, Python 3.4, PHP 8.1, and more.
- Intuitive and highly customizable.
- One of the fastest Magento hosting plans.
- The cheap shared hosting plans are not ideal for eCommerce hosting. The dedicated Magento hosting plans are a much better option, but those are rather expensive.
- Managed dedicated hosting plans start at $155.99 monthly on a 2-year subscription.
- Unmanaged VPS hosting starts at $83.99 per month and goes for $54.99 per month on a 2-year subscription.
Best Managed Magento Cloud Hosting With Flexible Hourly Payment
With little technical knowledge or experience using a web host, users can easily host their online store with Cloudways' Magento hosting. The platform makes use of the ThunderStack caching algorithm to enhance website server speed and guarantee that Magento-built eCommerce stores load rapidly. If you wish to quickly transfer your Magento site for free from any web hosting service provider, Cloudways is a great option.
Cloudways is one of the leading web host providers for hosting Magento stores.
This hosting solution provides cloud servers from a variety of leading cloud hosts, including DigitalOcean, Vultr, Linode, AWS, and Google Cloud.
- Cloudways ThunderStack: The ThunderStack caching formula is Cloudways' proprietary formula for improving server and application performance. It also ensures that eCommerce businesses developed with Magento load quickly. Some of the primary programs in the stack are Apache, New Relic, My SQL, PHP-FPM, and more.
- Robust Security: Cloudways’ auto-healing servers are protected with platform-level firewalls. Regular firmware upgrades are also performed to ensure the best security for Magento sites on the cloud. There is a built-in SSL certificate that improves the security of your Magento websites and secures all server-client communications for free. Additionally, the platform provides scheduled automated backups, as well as two-factor authentication.
- Responsive Customer Support: Cloudways’ support team is available round-the-clock to address any hosting-related difficulties. While users can access a single knowledge base, you can also benefit from Cloudway’s large and active community. This community is made up of experts who consistently contribute by sharing their extensive Magento expertise and experience. Cloud engineers are also responsible for resolving bugs and other problems.
- Robust Customization: Users get complete control over numerous server characteristics and the deployment of apps. Cloudways also allows you to alter your online store features directly from the Cloudways Platform.
- CloudwaysBot Notifications: Cloudways’ AI-based assistant will provide real-time updates and insights via Slack and emails to help you save time switching between channels. You can use this data to improve your store's performance.
- Wide choice of cloud hosts from DigitalOcean, Vultr, Linode, Google Cloud, or AWS.
- Users can host unlimited websites on a single server.
- Free SSL certificates and free Magento site migrations.
- Cloudways' in-house Magento experts need to be contacted for sophisticated technical concerns. This is often a time-consuming procedure, and that may have an impact on the performance of your online store.
- Pricing for managed Magento hosting plans starts at $42 per month.
- The lowest hosting plan starts at $10 per month.
- Pricing can be billed hourly too.
Robust Cloud Hosting Provider With Free CDN
Website content loads faster thanks to SiteGround’s cutting-edge SuperCacher technology and its free Cloudflare Content Delivery Network (CDN). While there is no Magento hosting plan on SiteGround, the platform is still one of the best cloud hosts for eCommerce sites. If you want an affordable and reliable hosting platform that allows you to scale and add resources at will, then SiteGround is a great option.
With distinctive speed-optimization technology and data centers spread across three continents, SiteGround is a powerful option for hosting Magento e-commerce websites.
In order to better deliver its core competency to customers, the web hosting company migrated its infrastructure to Google Cloud at the start of 2020.
- Fast Loading Speed: SiteGround uses cutting-edge SuperCacher technology to effectively speed up the content of your eCommerce website. The platform enables the NGINX Direct Delivery system, which guarantees that photos and other website content load more quickly.
- Free Cloudflare CDN: With over 150 locations worldwide, SiteGround's CDN provides fast load times for your website visitors from all over the world.
- Superb Security: The security team at SiteGround designs and updates the Progressive Web Application Firewall (WAF) with custom rules. The professionals regularly investigate and resolve any Magento software vulnerabilities to safeguard your store from online threats and provide you with a secure server environment at all times.
- Automatic Backups: SiteGround hosting offers daily automatic backups and keeps up to 30 copies of your website data. In worst-case scenarios, you can avoid website downtime by instantly restoring your store with a single click.
- Automated Scaling: SiteGround allows you to configure automated scaling of your resources, including RAM and CPU, to efficiently manage unforeseen traffic spikes. You can pre-define the resources that will be added to your e-commerce website, allowing you to stay within your budget.
- Data Redundancy: SiteGround makes use of Google Cloud's incredibly dependable SSD persistent storage. This cloud storage service provides abundant redundancy to keep your website operational at all times.
- Free SSL certificates.
- Free Magento installation.
- Unlimited databases for all plans.
- There is a setup fee for users who choose monthly billing.
- While shared hosting is affordable, cloud hosting plans are relatively expensive.
- Pricing starts at $3.99 per month for shared hosting plans.
- Pricing starts at $100 per month for cloud hosting plans.
Best Magento Host With Cheap Cloud Hosting
Hostinger provides no specialized hosting solution for Magento stores, but it does offer a robust and affordable cloud hosting service. The cloud hosting plans provide dedicated server resources at a cheaper price than most other Magento web hosts. Choose Hostinger if you want an intuitive and cheap web hosting provider to help grow your online store from scratch.
Hostinger is one of the most affordable hosting providers for eCommerce sites on the market today.
While the platform is quite intuitive and user-friendly, it also provides a complete website solution, allowing you to build your site and register a free domain name.
- Reliable Uptime: According to Hostinger's server status reports, the company's overall uptime over a period of one month was 99.961%, which is more than its guarantee of 99.90%.
- Impressive Security: Free SSL, automatic daily backups, a dedicated IP address, and firewalls are just a few of the security features included in Hostinger's packages.
- High Performance: There are a ton of performance-enhancing tools, including LiteSpeed Web Server, caching, and CDN. Users can choose five different data centers, which are spread across the United States, the United Kingdom, Singapore, Lithuania, and the Netherlands.
- Ease of Use: While Hostinger provides fully-managed cloud hosting for businesses looking to scale, the platform is also easy to use for new users. You wouldn’t have a hard time figuring out the functionality. The customer service is also responsive and available 24/7.
- The support team is available 24/7 and via live chat.
- Litespeed Web Server and CDN for fast loading.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Offers dedicated server resources at affordable prices.
- Weekly backups.
- Affordable cloud hosting.
- Extra domain registrations are not free, and you must pay for them.
- Fees become more expensive upon renewal.
- Shared hosting starts at $1.99 per month.
- Cloud hosting starts at $9.99 per month.
- VPS hosting goes for as high as $77.99.
Superb Magento Hosting Provider With Predictive Auto-scaling
Thanks to its high-end features for eCommerce hosting, MageMojo is one of the best Magento hosting providers for hosting Magento sites.
As one of the few platforms focused on Magento website hosting, MageMojo provides a robust, fully managed cloud hosting platform for Magento online stores.
- Stratus™ Control Panel and CloudFront CDN: The Stratus hosting control panel was created specifically by MageMojo for Magento 2. MageMojo also uses CloudFront CDN, which is completely free within Stratus, for quick delivery of static components to your website.
- Reliable Uptime: MageMojo's Magento 2 hosting plans are powered by AWS (Amazon Web Service), which ensures superior uptime.
- Real-time Automated Scaling: The system will automatically add more resources when your store experiences a spike in traffic to prevent website outages. You can also immediately execute Magento® 2 CLI commands from the Stratus control panel. As a result of this innovation, developers can now perform Magento commands without needing an SSH client.
- Reliable Customer Support: Customers can obtain responses via the ticket system from MageMojo within 15 minutes. MageMojo only provides phone help for sales-related inquiries and only provides ticket support for technical issues.
- Free daily backup
- Unlimited bandwidth on all plans.
- Highly scalable solution.
- Free Magento 2 website transfer.
- The web host is rather expensive.
- Pricing starts at $98 per month.
- The most expensive plan is the Elite plan, which is billed at $2,798 per month.
Great Magento Hosting Provider with Free Domain
Bluehost is one of the world's largest web hosting providers. It provides a multi-functional solution for hosting, building, and growing websites.
The platform covers a wide range of hosting options for beginners as well as medium-to-large organizations.
- Content Delivery Network: Bluehost’s Cloudflare CDN integration is important for improved website speed and performance.
- Access Control: This is a useful security feature because it allows you to generate unique passwords for various parts of your account. You can therefore prevent other users from accessing certain aspects of your account. Bluehost also provides a free SSL certificate, as well as automated security updates and malware detection.
- All-in-one Solution: Functioning as a website host and online store builder. Bluehost provides all the tools you will need to host a fast website and build a proper online store. Apart from the store builder, users get access to marketing tools such as an SEO integration.
- Affordable hosting solution.
- Free CDN and domain.
- Free SSL certificate.
- 30-day-money-back guarantee.
- During sign-up, the upsell process is rather aggressive, and you must uncheck all add-ons if you do not require them.
- Bluehost’s domain renewal cost is relatively high.
- Pricing starts at $2.95 per month.
- 16% – 73% discount on annual subscriptions ranging from shared hosting to dedicated hosting plans.
Key Features of Magento Hosting
Below are the key features of the best Magento hosting providers:
- Speed: Having a slow-loading website will hurt your chances of selling online. Google reports that 53% of mobile consumers leave websites that take longer than three seconds to load. Therefore, if your website takes longer than three seconds to load, you risk losing 50% of your potential customers. To find out whether the hosting server can manage overloads and provide maximum speed for your web store, you should directly contact your Magento cloud hosting providers.
- Security: Although Magento stores may have some form of protection, server security is a serious matter. All data, including but not limited to customers’ personal information, credit card information, and other sensitive data, should be protected by your online store's security system. To do this, you should pick a web hosting provider that offers all the necessary security precautions, such as dedicated firewalls, SSL certificates, IP whitelisting, 2-factor authentication, and more.
- Compatibility: It's critical to confirm that the hosting provider either offers Magento hosting or has features that work with Magento before making any decisions. To ensure that your Magento store is free from any unwelcome compliance issues, you must first check for PCI (payment card industry) compliance. It is strongly advised that you use versions PHP 7.0 or higher and MySQL 5.6 or higher for smooth performance.
- Server Location: Few online store owners are aware of where their server is situated, even though the server locations of Magento hosting providers has a significant impact on their response time. Your website's loading speed will be improved by choosing a server that is close to your customers.
- Support: Last, but not least, your service provider must have a specialized technical support team. Email and phone help should be offered around the clock. A crew that can assist you with all technical concerns at any time is ideal. Nevertheless, nothing is free. As a result, be prepared to pay more for your provider's premium support in some cases.
Which Magento Web Host Plan Should You Choose?
Your online store’s needs and your budget will ultimately determine the best web hosting services for your Magento site.
Shared web hosting services might work if your Magento store is small and receives little traffic. However, if your store experiences higher levels of traffic, you should upgrade to a more robust and scalable solution. Dedicated web hosting services are more suited for huge e-commerce sites and enterprises.
- If you're just starting up your online store and are on a tight budget, you can choose shared hosting or cheap web hosting services like Hostinger or Bluehost.
- If website loading speed is your primary concern, then you can’t go wrong with SiteGround or A2 Hosting, which are two of the fastest web hosts for eCommerce sites
- Go for a Magento-specific cloud web hosting service like Cloudways if you want the best functionalities a cloud host has to offer.
- Growing businesses that are looking to expand should opt for a highly scalable and fully-managed Magento hosting service like Nexcess.
- MageMojo is great for online store owners that need powerful hosting capabilities but don’t have an expert technical team to rely on.
Magento by Adobe is a free, open-source eCommerce platform used to build eCommerce websites.
The platform saves you time and effort by allowing you to manage multiple online stores from a single administrative panel. Furthermore, users gain access to hundreds of unique features that help them connect with their Magento customers and sell more products.
For a Magento eCommerce website to go live, it must be hosted on a server, which is where Magento hosting comes in.
One-click installation wizards are offered by several Magento hosting companies for the community edition of Magento.
You can presume the technical prerequisites are met if your host offers Magento hosting and one-click Magento installation.
If you plan to install Magento by yourself (community or enterprise edition), confirm that your host can accommodate the necessary server specifications listed below:
– PHP 5.4+
– Apache 2. x
– Linux x86-64
– MySQL 5.6+
– Nginx 1.7x
– SSL certificate support
You should go for the most up-to-date Magento hosts when choosing a solution for your Magento 2 e-commerce site. I’ve compared the most suitable providers based on security, value for money, ease of setup, technical support, and other crucial factors. Here is a list of the top Magento 2 hosts:
– A2 Hosting
Compare Magento Hosting: Top Magento Hosts
To summarize, each Magento hosting service has its own unique strengths and disadvantages. As a result, you should determine your top priorities and compare them to what your providers have to offer. When making your decision, you should consider all key factors, including prices, support, and features.
Below is a list of the top Magento hosts:
Check out more detailed comparative reviews of the best web hosting services below: