13 Best Ecommerce CRM Software Of 2022
Want to keep a close eye on interactions customers have with your brand?
Or want to take your customer experience to the next level?
Consider a CRM System.
For any eCommerce business, it’s vital to keep track of all customer relationships to ensure the longevity of your business.
In today’s article, we will look at the best eCommerce CRM software solutions in the market today and how to choose the right one.
Best eCommerce CRM Software
Best eCommerce CRM Software Overall
Pipedrive is a sales-focused CRM designed for teams of all sizes.
It has over 90,000 businesses taking advantage of its arsenal of features to boost sales and build relationships with its customers.
This tool is one of the most comprehensive yet affordable CRM systems that eCommerce business owners will find out there.
With it, you can run powerful email campaigns, keep in touch with customers, and re-engage abandoned carts – possibilities are endless.
- AI-Powered Audience Segmentation: Optimize your conversion rates with the intelligent power of AI and data that Pipedrive collects and later use that to replicate the success of your past marketing campaigns.
- 360-Degree View of The Customer: Know your customers instantly with the help of data from meetings, quotes, bills, and from various past interactions, with all the information you need a few clicks away.
- Web Personalization: This feature allows you to serve a personalized experience to repeat or anonymous web visitors with the help of geographic, behavioral, and firmographic data. This functionality can help suck visitors into your website, causing them to stay longer or spend more.
Pipedrive offers four plans:
- The Essential plan at $12.50 user/month, billed annually
- The Advanced plan at $24.90 user/month, billed annually
- The Professional plan at $49.90 user/month, billed annually
- The Enterprise plan at $99 user/month, billed annually
Try Pipedrive today for free.
2. Copper CRM
Best CRM System for Growing eCommerce Businesses
Another CRM worth considering is Copper CRM, as it is for small eCommerce businesses looking to strengthen customer relationships.
Copper CRM eases what used to be complicated to accomplish for eCommerce managers.
- Sales Forecasting: Know what the future has in store for you by looking at the sales data you get from your pipeline. Sales forecasting gives you deep insights that can enable you to counter market changes and mitigate business risk or change the course of your marketing plan.
- AI-Powered Chatbots: Personalized conversations with site visitors is the name of the game in eCommerce as it converts more of them into leads or customers. With the help of a Lead Gen Bot and Answer, you can build a qualified pipeline and engage with customers in real-time.
- Voice Transcription: Copper can capture accurate voice transcriptions for you, which ensures that overall communication is improved as you or your team members can send clear voice notes via text and email.
Copper offers three plans.
- The Basic plan at $69 user/month, billed yearly
- The Professional plan at $99 user/month, billed yearly
- The Business plan at $149 user/month, billed yearly
Try Copper today for free. No Credit card is required.
3. Capsule CRM
Affordable CRM Tool for Small to Mid-Sized eCommerce Companies
According to Capsule CRM creators, the tool was designed for businesses with 10 to 1,000 employees – a category which most eCommerce businesses fall into.
Over 15,000 companies worldwide rely on Capsule CRM to build relationships with customers, so it surely has a good reputation.
- Performance Management: Manage and increase the performance of your team with the help of forecasts of potential revenue. Capsule CRM allows you to quickly categorize customers, set up multiple currencies, and leverage AI predictions to prioritize deals that are likely to convert.
- Web Personalization: A/B test your content and choose a winner automatically based on the content buyers find most relevant. You can also adapt your content to what visitors want to see based on test results.
- Mobile App: Capsule CRM has an Android and iOS app that enables you to be at the tip of any developments in your store wherever you are. Access your contacts, tasks, and information on your phone.
Capsule CRM offers three plans:
- The Professional plan at $18 user/month
- The Team plan at $36 user/month
- The Enterprise plan at $54 user/month
Get started with Capsule CRM today for free.
4. Zoho CRM
Clutter-Free eCommerce CRM System with Advanced Tools
Zoho CRM is one of the most popular eCommerce CRM apps in the market today, so we cannot afford to leave it out. The reason why its popularity is partly because it was designed to empower organizations of all sizes.
The tool has all the standard eCommerce CRM features that you would want or need, as well as more advanced features like customer experience and demand forecasting.
- Telephony: Telephony is an easy-to-use and convenient feature that Zoho CRM provides you. The feature allows you to make and record calls and take notes afterward, all on the platform. Other capabilities of telephony include enhanced caller ID, call forwarding, and creating call scripts.
- Ask Zia: Zia is an AI-powered assistant built for Zoho CRM. Zia can help to predict future sales, fetch information, detect anomalies, automate tasks, take notes, and more. This assistant is similar to the ones you can find on Pipedrive and Marketo.
- Account Profiling: Build AI-powered custom models to show you who the best-fit accounts are. Train the model by uploading data into it, then scan the database to unearth similar accounts using artificial intelligence.
Zoho CRM offers four plans:
- The Standard plan at $18 user/month
- The Professional plan at $30 user/month
- The Enterprise plan at $45 user/month
- The Ultimate plan at $55 user/month
Try Zoho CRM for free today.
5. Hubspot CRM
Best Free eCommerce CRM App for Entrepreneurs
Now the industry-standard eCommerce CRM system – Hubspot CRM. This is designed for larger eCommerce teams as it is centered on hyper-growth and taking your business to the next level.
Hubspot CRM has an organized and intuitive interface that can empower your workforce and lead to improved efficiency and customer relationships.
- Lead Scoring/Customer Opportunity Management: Lead scoring enables you to identify hot leads in your sales funnel that are most likely to convert. It quantifies the opportunities that your team brings forth.
- Web Personalization: Use filters and triggers to automate account and lead-based experiences inside nurture programs to scale both strategies. Web personalization makes your website visitors spend more time engaging with your content.
- Smart Relationship Intelligence: Hubspot CRM leverages AI to scrape the entire internet for crucial customer information, then updates their profiles in your system. This feature is crucial in helping to personalize your communication with prospects, which increases the likelihood of converting them into a customer.
Hubspot offers four plans:
- The Free plan
- The Starter plan at $45/month, billed at $540/year
- The Professional plan at $450/month, billed at $5,400/year
- The Enterprise plan at $450/month, billed at $14,400/year
Sign up to Hubspot CRM today for free.
Best for B2B eCommerce Businesses
Having been named a leader in the CRM space for eight consecutive years by global research firm Gartner, you know you’re in safe hands when you choose it to manage your business.
- Adobe Sensei: Adobe Sensei is the AI-powered assistant from Marketo that can provide personalized customer experiences and intelligent services in real-time. Adobe Sensei is very beneficial because your customers can get answers to their questions at any time.
- Predictive Content: This feature collects engagement insights, fine-tuned by Marketo's AI predictor, and serves your contacts with a good match of content. This feature also helps to organize your content by scanning, identifying, and categorizing all media for easier access or later use.
- Social and Digital Ads: Marketo helps grow your social media presence by gathering new prospects and leads and discovering data within social profiles that can help you design engaging Social and digital ads and content. Marketo also has tools that can help incentivize loyal customers to help spread the word.
Marketo offers four plans:
- The Select Plan – Price based on database size
- The Prime Plan – Price based on database size
- The Ultimate Plan – Price based on database size
- The Enterprise Plan – Price based on database size
Request a demo with Marketo today for free.
Best Low-Code eCommerce CRM for Entrepreneurs
Creatio is a leading platform that merges business process management (BPM) features with eCommerce customer relationship management (ECRM) capabilities. The software can be delivered as a service (SAAS) or on-premise.
- Case and Knowledge Management: The case management feature provides your support team with a one-window multi-tab workspace where all the necessary working tools and customer data are gathered. The knowledge management feature helps your support team to promptly share service/product-related information with customers using smart article search and quick replies.
- Chatbots: Chatbots are convenient tools that help customers resolve simple queries like checking delivery status. Having them on your site can help save your customer service costs by up to 30%.
- Customer Satisfaction Tracking: Creatio allows you to employ several customer satisfaction forms on your eCommerce site, which helps you gain insight into where your brand stands with customers and what you can do to improve their experience.
Creatio offers two plans with two deployment options:
- To get pricing for the cloud option, add the features you want from the Marketing, Sales, and Service section
- To get pricing for the on-site option, add the features you want from the Marketing, Sales, and Service section
Try Creatio for free today.
Best for eCommerce Startups Looking for Simple ECRM
Ontraport is a fully-fledged CRM and email marketing platform that helps eCommerce businesses win more deals.
This tool is simple enough for beginners and sophisticated enough for experts.
Ontraport is built for teams tired of juggling separate marketing and sales tools and don’t want to hire a full-time administrator to manage the software.
- Robust Reporting: Get scheduled reports and analytics that can give you an insight into the future of your eCommerce sales. Reporting also allows you to troubleshoot problems before they arise.
- Contact Management: Store all the data you have on your clients and customers in one place. That includes but is not limited to; names, addresses, emails, phone numbers, and social media handles.
- Customer Segmentation: Automatically create segments of your clients and customers based on spending history, gender, interests, priorities of the client, and past actions. You can then serve personalized campaigns to these segments and improve conversion rates.
Ontraport offers four plans:
- The Basic at $79/month for one user
- The Plus plan at $147/month for two users
- The Pro plan at $297/month for three users
- The Enterprise plan at $497/month for five users
Try Ontraport today for free.
Best Message-Based eCommerce CRM for Small Business
amoCRM is a multifunctional CRM specializing in taking conversations to the next level through messenger platforms.
The tool allows you to create chatbots with a code-free chatbot builder, ensuring your customer queries are dealt with 24/7.
- Lead Generation: Lead generation is simple yet powerful with amoCRM’s web forms and integrations. Call, chat, and email your prospects from the CRM. Events are stored on a lead card, including tasks, chat messages, and call recordings. No data can be lost or forgotten, thanks to this functionality.
- Integrations: amoCRM integrates with the major social networks like Facebook, Instagram, Gmail, and WhatsApp via Twilio, which allows you to integrate under legal terms.
- Website Personalization: Capture anonymous industry data, geographical data, and behavioral data immediately as a site visitor lands on your eCommerce website for the first time to help personalize their buying experience.
amoCRM offers three plans:
- The Base plan at $15/user/month, billed annually
- The Advanced plan at $15/user/month, billed annually
- The Enterprise plan at $45/user/month, billed annually
Try amoCRM for free today.
Popular eCommerce CRM App for Businesses of All Sizes
Salesforce Pardot is an on-demand eCommerce CRM platform that offers applications for small, midsize, and enterprise organizations focusing on sales and customer relationships.
- Lead Generation: Pardot gives you the resources and tools you need to nurture a lead by capturing their email address. You can use the drag-and-drop forms and landing pages, along with analytic acquisition like social post posting and paid/organic search to enhance your lead generation efforts.
- Lead Management: This includes lead scoring and grading, nurturing with engagement paths and emails, AI-assisted segmentation, and the use of dynamic content.
- Email Marketing: Pardot allows up to 10,000 emails with its base package, which eCommerce businesses can buy blocks beyond that to fit their needs. Authorized users can create list emails based on predesigned templates.
Salesforce Pardot offers four plans:
- The Growth plan at $1,250/month, billed annually
- The Plus plan at $2,500/month, billed annually
- The Advanced plan at $4,000/month, billed annually
- The Premium plan at $15,000/month, billed annually
Watch a Salesforce Pardot Demo today for free.
Cheap eCommerce CRM With Marketing Automation
ActiveCampaign is a cloud-based sales and marketing platform that offers eCommerce functionalities, customer relationship management, and marketing automation in one suite.
This tool helps small businesses manage customer experiences and streamline sales with ease.
- Workflow and Approvals: Facilitate the optimization of workflows by automating processes like data collection, marketing campaigns, data analysis, and any other redundant task that was done manually.
- Chatbots: Chatbots leverage the power of AI to help them know your geographic location, gender, and name to provide a much more personalized experience on your site. If the chatbot cannot resolve your query, it will transfer the visitor to a real agent.
- Pipeline Management: Visualize the entire sales cycle and identify where in the sales funnel prospects are. ActiveCampaign allows you to perform bulk actions and filter deals like emailing a select group of customers to increase conversion rates.
ActiveCampaign offers four plans:
- The Lite plan at $7.50/month for 500 contacts
- The Plus plan at $35/month for 500 contacts
- The Professional plan at $79.50/month for 500 contacts
- The Enterprise plan at $139.50/month for 500 contacts
Start your 14-day free trial to see if ActiveCampaign is the right option for your business.
Best CRM Tool for Growing eCommerce Businesses
Insightly is a cloud-based CRM software targeting growing small to mid-sized eCommerce businesses.
Over 1.5 million users worldwide rely on Insightly to deliver projects on time, build customer relationships, and securely manage all their customer data in one place.
- Reporting: Leverage deep analytics and data from Insightly to pinpoint how many visitors landed on your store, how many added a product to the shopping cart, and how many of them abandoned their carts. Reports help you to identify opportunities for improvement and growth.
- Data Import and Export: This feature imports and exports your contact list to or from another platform in CSV or XSL files. It is crucial as it enables you to alter changes to a large group of contacts with just a few clicks.
- Lead Scoring and Grading: Assign a numerical score to users based on their unique behaviors. This feature provides real-time feedback on prospects’ or customers’ interactions with your social posts, emails, landing pages, and website.
Insightly offers three plans:
- The Plus plan at $29 user/month, billed yearly
- The Professional plan at $49 user/month, billed yearly
- The Enterprise plan at $99 user/month, billed yearly
Try Insightly today for free. No credit card is required.
13. Zendesk Sell
Best for Integration with Zendesk Products
Zendesk Sell is a web and mobile-based eCommerce CRM app that allows sales professionals to track leads, manage sales, and proactively engage with customers.
The software has a standalone sales automation module with web self-service and integrated channel management.
- Multiple Payment Gateways: Zendesk Sell integrates with all the major payment systems like MasterCard, Visa, PayPal, and Stripe. This feature gives your customers leeway to choose their payment mode of choice, which improves conversion rates and builds credibility for your store.
- Sales Automation: Save time and be more productive by automating parts of your sales process like outgoing calls, follow-up campaigns, and organizing data for more effective campaigns in the future.
- Knowledge and Case Management: The Knowledge Management feature enables your support agents to share quick replies and smart articles when communicating with customers or clients. The case management feature enables your support agents to have a one-window multi-tab workspace where there is customer data and working tools gathered.
Zendesk Sell offers three plans:
- The Sell Team plan at $19 user/month, billed annually
- The Sell Professional plan at $49 user/month, billed annually
- The Sell Enterprise plan at $99 user/month, billed annually
Try Zendesk Sell today for free.
Key Features of Ecommerce CRM Software
1. Detailed Data Analytics
Through detailed data that you collect within the CRM, you can identify popular services/products, marketing campaign effectiveness, best customer acquisition channels, and customers who are engaging the most with your brand.
All this data is vital as it gives insights into your customers’ shopping patterns and preferences. You can use that knowledge to laser-focus your marketing campaigns on profitable customer groups or regain customers who have abandoned their carts by luring them back with some incentives or sending them polite reminders.
You can’t know if the effort you’re putting into your store is bearing fruit or falling to waste without any sought of measuring.
Any eCommerce CRM software needs to have robust reporting tools to effectively measure communications and figure out the return on investment (ROI) without a hassle.
From emails to campaign reports to engagement paths to landing pages to engagement. If interactions take place on your CRM or website, it can be measured!
Make sure the CRM feature is user-friendly and making small or large changes can be done swiftly in response to findings.
3. Customer Segmentation
Social media platforms and search engines learn from your search activity and patterns to learn more of your preferences and present you with relevant information you're looking for.
Similarly, the best eCommerce CRM tools have to allow you to create segments of your customers based on spending history, interests, gender, past actions, and priorities of clients.
All that will enable you to create personalized marketing campaigns for each segment and improve conversion rates.
4. Social Media Integration
Running an eCommerce store without active social media management is essentially throwing away your money.
Social media is the pillar of any marketing and branding strategy of most eCommerce businesses, as they can interact with customers and build their brand image simultaneously.
Most traffic that online stores get these days comes from social media platforms so your CRM needs to have seamless integration with popular social media channels. This will not only increase your reach but will also allow you to make more personalized connections with customers, which can prove a game-changer for your business.
Chatbots are a key component of eCommerce CRM as it helps customers quickly resolve simple queries while reducing your customer service costs by up to 30%.
A chatbot can source customer data from the CRM database like name and area, to provide a personalized experience for web visitors and can transfer the chat to a real agent if the bot can’t resolve the query.
Choosing the Right Ecommerce CRM
When choosing the right CRM software for your eCommerce business, think about where your business is going to be in 12-18 months as you can outgrow the current platform of choice.
- Pipedrive is the best eCommerce CRM software overall as it doesn’t require a hefty upfront investment, can scale with your organization, and is easy to set up.
- Copper sometimes runs ads with the words “If you know how to use Gmail, you know how to use Copper,” which from our rigorous testing found to be 100% true. We also found that the eCommerce features that Copper offers set it apart from a lot of the competition.
- If you’re running an eCommerce store with various processes already in place and looking to scale up operations – Capsule CRM might be the best solution for you. The platform is much more than an eCommerce CRM as it is loaded with powerful marketing and sales automation tools as well.