11 Best Cheap Web Hosting Services in 2022 (Honest Reviews)
Choosing the right web hosting service for your business can often feel like making a compromise between price and quality. But that doesn’t ever have to be the case.
In this article, we’ll review the 11 best cheap web hosting services in 2022 and share our thoughts on our top 5 choices and their unique features.
Cheap web hosting doesn’t always mean low quality. These services can be just as reliable and simple to use as their more expensive counterparts.
That said, as cost is frequently a consideration for web hosting, it may be tempting to overlook the substandard features offered by many cheap web hosting services to stay within your budget. And that’s a recipe for disaster.
So, to help you avoid that and make an informed choice, this article will review the 11 best cheap web hosting services in 2022.
What are the Best Cheap Web Hosting Services?
Our top choices for the 11 best web hosting services in 2022 are as follows:
Best Overall Cheap Web Hosting Provider.
Hostinger wins our hearts because it boasts premium features and top-of-the-line uptime at budget-friendly prices. This excellent web hosting company gives you all you need to get started and much more in what can only be the most affordable plans and cheapest hosting services on the market.Try Hostinger
Hostinger is one of the best cheap web hosting providers with great features like excellent uptime, 24/7 customer support, free SSL certificate, Cloudflare protection, cloud hosting, a free website builder, and more.
- Superb Uptime: Hostinger provides a 99.9% server uptime performance, so you should be able to rely on them to keep your website up and running.
- Free Domain: You will need a domain to host your site, and Hostinger provides a free domain, but it is only available for users who subscribe above the single-site tier plan.
- Website Builder: With Hostinger's affiliation with Zyro, you get one of the best website builders for free as part of your package. Zyro's simple builder is fantastic for quickly creating a company website and a fully operational online store.
- Quick Load Time: The speed at which your site loads is critical. If a visitor clicks on your website and has to wait too long for it to load fully, they might bounce and are unlikely to return. Hostinger provides fast hosting speeds no matter where your website users are. It has servers located in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Asia, which helps to keep loading times low and reduce visitor bounce rates.
- WordPress Plug-in for Acceleration: Hostinger makes it simple to get a WordPress website up and running. LiteSpeed Cache supports Hostinger’s backend for WordPress (LSCWP), which is helpful for managing and integrating cache. Other options for optimizing your website are an SEO-friendly sitemap and a private cache for logged-in users.
- Free domain and website builder
- Beginner-friendly interface
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Lowest hosting prices on the market
- No free plan
- Not suitable for large organizations
- Does not offer dedicated hosting
Hostinger offers different cheap hosting plans, each with its own set of features like eCommerce, VPS hosting, and more.
Hostinger does not offer a free plan, but the Single Shared Hosting plan almost feels like one because of how low the price is.Try Hostinger
Best Cheap Web Hosting for Beginners.
We love Bluehost because it offers a wide range of services at a reasonable price and does a fantastic job of making website building more straightforward for beginners.Try Bluehost
Bluehost is a WordPress-focused hosting service that can assist you in launching your business online efficiently. From shared hosting to WordPress hosting, Bluehost has a variety of products and services to help launch your website or online store quickly.
- Fast Customer Support: Bluehost offers quick and reliable customer support via the Bluehost Live Chat system, email, phone, and a comprehensive information support forum that contains numerous FAQs, videos, and help articles. You also don't have to worry about time zones because a support team is available 24 hours a day.
- Easy to Navigate: Bluehost is a popular web hosting service for its exceptional features and products and because it is so simple to use. The onboarding process is straightforward, and it only takes a few minutes to get your website up and running.
- Robust Security: With Bluehost, you get two advanced and effective security features: Resource Protection and CodeGuard Backup. CodeGuard will assist you with data backup and monitoring daily, as well as alerting you of any suspicious alterations. At the same time, the Resource Protection function eliminates the inherent risk associated with shared hosting.
- High-Performance Servers: Bluehost provides high-performance servers for all users and ensures that there are few users per server—with a maximum file count of 300,000—so there are no technical glitches for anyone engaged.
- Storage: Bluehost offers 50GB to infinite storage capacity for your site files, based on the plan you choose. The 50GB plan will suffice if you merely intend to operate a simple WordPress blog with content and pictures, as it will take a long time to fill up that much storage.
- Digital Marketing Tools: Bluehost offers various quality marketing services for your websites, such as SEO, advertising, content creation, and social media marketing. You have access to a marketing expert who provides monthly consultations and assists with tracking your development so you can quickly assess your ROI (Return on Investment).
- One-click WordPress installation
- Fast page load speeds
- Free site migration
- Free Cloudflare integration to improve content management
- Servers are located exclusively in the US
- Offers only Linux-based servers; Windows hosting is not available
Bluehost has cheap hosting plans that start at $4.95 per month—this price is only available when you sign up for a three-year subscription.Try Bluehost
Best Web Hosting Service for Bloggers and Affiliate Marketers.
For us, iPage is ideal for bloggers searching for cheap and dependable web hosting services because of its low-cost entry-level plan.rnrnWe also consider it a great choice because you receive one-click WordPress activation and unlimited disk space and bandwidth.Try iPage
iPage is a web hosting company that offers great customer support, shared hosting, VPS, and dedicated server solutions to help develop your site.
It provides excellent features and functionality at a relatively cost-effective price.
iPage brings what-you-see-is-what-you-get simplicity to the site-building process by offering robust and unique site builder features.
- Affordable and Clear Pricing: The most attractive feature of iPage is its affordable and straightforward pricing. At $1.99 per month (for a three-year membership), it provides everything a new marketer or small business needs in a web hosting company. iPage has positioned itself exclusively to meet the demands of new marketers and enterprises on a small budget; a simple and direct paid plan suits them nicely.
- Free Domain and SSL Certificate: When you register for an iPage account, you will receive a free domain name for the first year, saving you $15 for the year. Your domain name also includes a free SSL Certificate (HTTPS), which is vital for the security of your site and its users. The usage of an SSL certificate is also mandatory because Google Chrome flags sites that do not have a valid SSL certificate as insecure to visit.
- One-Click WordPress Installation: WordPress is the most popular Content Management System (CMS) globally, and it makes it easy to create a professional website within a short time. You don't have to download and install WordPress on your iPage website manually; instead, you can set up your WordPress website in minutes using the simple one-click WP installation tool.
- Disk Space and Unlimited Bandwidth: Your site's monthly bandwidth consumption and the size of the data it stores on iPage servers are limitless. For small businesses and new bloggers, this is a tremendous benefit. iPage operates a decent usage policy which implies that if your site begins to consume much more resources than the average website or begins to clutter up the server with irrelevant files, iPage will request you to reduce your usage. However, this rarely happens because most small businesses and regular blogs barely reach such traffic levels.
- Free Website Builder: All iPage hosting plans come with this provider’s modern and user-friendly website builder for free. It's a drag-and-drop website builder that lets you personalize the look and feel of your site without having to involve a professional designer. It also includes several readily available templates which you can activate with a single click.
- Provides unlimited storage
- Great for first-time website owners
- Beginner-friendly interface
- Slow server speed
- Poor customer support
iPage mainly promotes its Go Plan ($1.99/month), best for bloggers, new marketers, and small enterprises.
It also offers additional cheap web hosting plans designed for different types of consumers.
These hosting categories come in various price bundles with features for large, medium, and small enterprises.Try iPage
Best Cheap Web Hosting Service for Small and Medium Businesses.
HostGator makes it into the top five on our list because it offers unmetered bandwidth and unlimited storage at prices that would make any budget-conscious builder smile. No matter what your budget or needs are, you'll find something that works for you.Try HostGator
HostGator is a top web hosting service that provides bloggers and small businesses with various useful features, including a fantastic website builder.
It offers multiple hosting options—shared hosting, VPN hosting, dedicated hosting, etc—to suit everyone, from beginners to experts.
- Effective and Reliable Customer Care: HostGator's customer service is available 24/7 via phone, live chat, and fax. With many support centers worldwide, help is always just a phone call or chat away.
- Simple User Interface: HostGator has a simple interface that makes it easy to access what you need, manage your email options, as well as your installations, SiteLock, and other features.
- Flexible Resources: You can reconfigure the quantity in your dashboard if your site requires additional resources—such as storage or bandwidth. This function effectively produces a fully customizable plan depending on the specifications of your website.
- A ton of handy add-ons: Once you create an account and subscribe to a paid plan on HostGator, you have a lot more than just a server to store your website's contents. You'll get unlimited storage and bandwidth, access to a simple website builder, free website migration, and access to different software—such as Drupal and WordPress—that you may install on your site. In addition, when you sign up for a hosting account, you will receive a $100 Google Adwords credit that you can use for marketing your website.
- Outstanding Guarantees: You'll get a 45-day money-back guarantee regardless of which hosting bundle you purchase. If you're hesitant about using this provider, you have plenty of time to try it out, thanks to this guarantee. Another fantastic guarantee is the 99.9% uptime guarantee which ensures that the website will be accessible 99.9% of the time.
- Effective Control Panels: HostGator gives you access to cPanel, which makes managing your website and server environment a breeze. The Plesk control panel is also available if you're using Windows, and it helps with server configuration, email and website management, and software installation, among other things.
- Unlimited storage
- Free domain for a year
- Multiple channels for customer support
- Easy to navigate interface
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- Poor backup system
- Not suitable for hosting large projects
- 99.9% uptime guarantee available only on the cloud hosting plan
HostGator’s paid plans start at $2.75/month. Note that this pricing is only accessible if you sign up for a 36-month hosting package. If you choose a shorter time, the price will increase.Try HostGator
5. A2 Hosting
Web Hosting Provider with Incredibly Fast Page Load Times.
We believe that A2 Hosting is a great choice to consider because it has excellent built-in speed solutions accessible for all hosting plans and types, and it also offers additional options to further speed up your site.Try A2 Hosting
A2 Hosting claims to be the fastest company in the industry for web hosting services and has a reputation for being dependable with excellent customer service.
If speed is essential to you, A2 Hosting is a great option.
- 24/7 Server Monitoring: A2 Hosting provides extra security features with HackScan, a 24/7 monitoring service that searches for malware and other threats. With A2 Hosting, you'll be safe if a denial-of-service attack (DDoS) occurs.
- Free Site Migration: A2 Hosting offers free website migration to their servers. If you choose Dedicated or Managed VPS hosting, you will receive 25 free site migrations.
- Content Management Systems (CMS): All major content management systems like Joomla, WordPress, OpenCart, and Magento are compatible with A2 Hosting. With just a few clicks, you can set up these CMSs without the help of an expert. A2 Hosting also offers performance-enhancing plugins to speed up these CMSs. With all hosting packages, you'll get a free Cloudflare CDN, which will help speed things up even more.
- Anytime Money-Back Guarantee: A2 Hosting offers a money-back guarantee you can use at any time. This means you'll get a full refund if you cancel within the first 30 days, and if you are not satisfied with the service, you can cancel at any time and receive a proportional refund for the period you've already paid for.
- Excellent Speed: A2 Hosting is considered the best in terms of speed. In addition to providing stable and fast servers for all plans, the company also offers Turbo and Turbo Boost servers for maximum speed.
- Provides unlimited email accounts
- Simple user interface
- Great customer support
- No free domain name
- Lacks Windows hosting
A2 Hosting provides a variety of cost-effective hosting plans starting at $2.99/month and going up to $12.99/month.Try A2 Hosting
Best Hosting Service for Cloud Hosting.
Dreamhost is a hosting company that offers a full range of web development services, great functionality at reasonable prices, as well as an array of tools like cloud hosting, shared hosting, dedicated servers, VPS plans, and more.
- Uptime: DreamHost is a dependable and steady service that has hardly ever gone down. It is so confident in its uptime that it rates it at 100%. DreamHost is still the only web hosting provider with such a strong guarantee. If your site ever goes down, you'll get a refund for the time it was down.
- Domain Names: You have access to a free domain name registration when you purchase a yearly (or longer) plan on DreamHost; this allows you to do everything in one spot. However, this domain is only free for the first year.
- Robust Security: DreamHost integrates with Let's Encrypt to enable SSL certificates for adequate security. For additional protection, Dreamhost provides SSH and SFTP access, firewall, and support for HTTP/2, as well as the newest versions of PHP 7 and PHP 8. You can enable multi-factor authentication from your panel. DreamShield, a premium security package created by DreamHost, also offers additional security measures such as malware scans.
- Daily Backups: DreamHost provides reliable and consistent backups. Your files get daily backup, and you'll have access to the previous 14 copies of your website and five database backups. With any DreamPress plan, you can get additional backup & restore features for free.
- Domain Privacy: Although DreamHost is a low-cost provider, it highly values your privacy. It includes a solid anti-spam policy and free WHOIS (domain) privacy. Because you might have nothing to hide, you might not want to conceal your WHOIS information; however, concealing your WHOIS information can reduce spam and make it more difficult for hackers to target you.
- Unprecedented 100% uptime guarantee
- Unlimited bandwidth and data storage
- Can host unlimited sites on one account
- Free SSL certificate
- No phone support
- Does not offer cPanel for easy site management
- Not easy to set up
- Limited to only US users
DreamHost's paid plans start at $1.99/month and go up to $2.99/month. For each of DreamHost's hosting plans, you can choose between monthly and yearly payments. A three-year payment option is also available for the Shared and VPS hosting plans.Try Dreamhost
Leading Web Hosting Provider That Provides Unlimited Email Support.
InMotion is one of the leading web hosting companies that provide fast and reliable hosting services for small to midsize businesses across industries. It is a web hosting service provider famous for its excellent customer support and 90-day money-back guarantee.
- Free SSL Certificate: You get a free SSL certificate that gives your site HTTPS. This feature is vital for businesses because Google prefers sites secured with HTTPS over regular, insecure HTTP sites.
- Free Domain Name: One of the advantages of InMotion is that you don’t have to get a third-party registrar when you want to register your domain name. Most InMotion Hosting plans provide a free domain name, and you can also transfer your existing domain to InMotion hosting servers at no additional cost.
- Free Solid State Drives (SSD): InMotion provides Solid State Drives for all servers. You get maximum speed, reliability, and performance without the need to pay for a top level-hosting plan.
- JetPack Features: You also get free JetPack features that promote security, marketing, and speed. You get access to functionalities like automated social media scheduling, malware scanning, SEO tools for all the major search engines, daily or real-time backups, and Google analytics, just to mention a few.
- Feature-Packed Add-Ons and Scripts: InMotion now has over 400 apps, add-ons, and scripts that you can install with a single click. With its Softaculous auto-installer, InMotion is compatible with several third-party applications ranging from content management systems and shopping cart software to social networking tools.
- Excellent uptime
- All plans support unlimited email
- Easy-to-use website web hosting provider
- Provides several hosting types
- Only supports annual payment plans
- Lacks Windows servers
Inmotion hosting plans depend on the type of hosting service you decide to go for. These web hosting services have their individual pricing plan. The hosting services are Shared Hosting starting at $2.99 per month, WordPress Hosting starting at $3.99 per month, VPS Hosting starting at $19.99 per month and Dedicated Hosting starting at $87.50 per month.Try InMotion
Remarkable Affordable Web Hosting Provider for Managing Social Media Accounts for Beginners.
GoDaddy is a fantastic internet domain registrar and affordable web hosting service provider that helps facilitate online business and manage the social media accounts of its users.
This provider is one of the largest and most trusted domain registrars. It makes buying a domain name easy with its domain search and domain name generator tools designed to help you find the perfect website address for your company.
GoDaddy is one of the most beginner-friendly cheap web hosts that use Artificial Design Intelligence (ADI) to ensure that creating your website is easier and faster than ever. It is perfect for beginners who want to publish a simple site online since it uses the information you enter to create a customized site in minutes.
- Marketing Features: GoDaddy Website Builder provides a variety of guided marketing tools. The GoDaddy InSight tool, for example, compares and scores your site’s performance to other sites in your space. You get a free email marketing tool that manages your business email address for one year, helping you send from 100 to 25,000 emails monthly, depending on the plan you choose. There are also many other beginner-friendly marketing tools that help you optimize, promote, and manage your website.
- GoDaddy themes: You have access to 22 theme options within GoDaddy’s website builder. GoDaddy will suggest a theme when you get started, and all the themes are mobile responsive. As you go through the themes, you’ll get a preview of your website’s content with each theme applied. More distinctive GoDaddy themes are available on GoDaddy’s website, categorized by industry.
- Online Appointments Features: With GoDaddy’s appointment features, you can easily schedule appointments with customers that will be convenient for you and your staff members. You can choose to schedule these appointments at your business, a location set by the customer, an online/virtual meeting, or any other location you wish.
- GoCentral Blog Features: GoDaddy’s innovative website builder, GoCentral, includes an easy-to-use blogging tool. The GoDaddy GoCentral blog feature helps integrate a blog into your website easily with all the tools you need. It allows you to create engaging posts, puts all your site images at your fingertips, and provides an extensive library of stock images.
- Responsive customer support team
- Easy to use
- Provides strong video guides
- Provides multiple data centers
- Limited basic plan
- Expensive renewal prices
- Not much room for creative freedom
You do not need a credit card to get started since you are offered a 30-day free trial with GoDaddy for any plan of your choice. It has four different website builder pricing plans.
The Basic Plan for as low as $6.99 per month, The Standard Plan for $10.49 per month, The Premium Plan for $13.99 per month, and The Commerce Plan for as low as $14.99 per month.Try GoDaddy
Excellent Cheap Web Hosting for Virtual Private Server Hosting.
HostPapa is a web hosting company that offers domain purchases, site building, and web hosting services.
The company provides common shared and virtual private server hosting and also offers a reseller service.
It is an independent hosting provider that provides many options with several appealing features for its affordable hosting plans.
Combined with first-rate self-help support, this is an excellent solution for small businesses.
- Free SSL Certificates: HostPapa Encrypt SSL certificates come for free. Although The Premium Wildcard SSL certificate is not free, HostPapa does offer some robust SSL certificates for your growing site. Once you buy any of HostPapa’s SSL certificates, you get 256-bit data encryption, immediate and automatic installation, and 99% browser compatibility. In conclusion, your site receives a clickable seal containing your SSL certificate’s information for visitors to see; this adds credibility to your site and makes it more trustworthy.
- Content Network Delivery (CDN): All HostPapa Business and Business Pro hosting plans offer free Cloudflare CDN services that will help deliver your website’s content to a global audience quickly. You also maximize your site’s uptime by balancing the server load, boosting site performance and speed, and enjoying added security from hackers and other security threats. Finally, you can use the provided analytics to help you predict where traffic is coming from to avoid potential threats.
- Website Builder: HostPapa’s Website Builder makes it easy to build your website. You can choose from numerous pre-designed templates and use its drag-and-drop web page builder to build an eCommerce shop to sell your physical or digital products and services. It is easy to customize all site elements, such as color schemes, fonts, and images. You can also customize HTML, JS, and CSS easily, especially if you have the required skill set to do so. The website builder also provides mobile responsive designs for devices of all sizes. With the HostPapa website builder, publishing a professional-looking website is a piece of cake.
- Inexpensive Domain Names: You can choose to run a quick domain name search with HostPapa’s domain name tool, choose from classic top-level domain names, or pick a unique TLD such as .guru or .club. Either way, you can choose a truly unique domain name to be the foundation of your new website with just a few clicks. Once you sign up for HostPapa’s hosting, you can register your cool new domain name for free for the first year of service.
- 24-Hour Support: HostPapa doesn’t just provide regular support like every other cheap web hosting service provider. They go above and beyond to distinguish themselves from other hosting providers. There is a provision for easy-to-understand guides and tutorials if you’re looking for a bit of self-help. If you’re more of a visual person, step-by-step video tutorials are also available. There are so many other support options, all of which are available in English, French, and Spanish.
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Unlimited disk space
- Free domain name even with the cheapest plan
- Free SSL and Cloudflare CDN
- Eco-friendly approach
- Free domain transfer and website migration
- Outstanding self-help options
- Expensive renewal fees
- Automatic backups only come with a premium plan
- Datacenter locations are pretty limited
- No Windows hosting option
- No monthly billing for shared hosting plans
HostPapa has three web hosting plans, starting with the Starter Plan, costing $3.95 per month. The next is the Business Plan which also costs $3.95 per month, and finally, the Business Pro Plan costs $12.95 per month.Try HostPapa
Eco-Friendly Cheap Web Hosting Service for Small Businesses.
GreenGeeks is an industry-leading eco-friendly web hosting provider whose goal is to be as environmentally friendly as possible.
Their commitment to give back three times the amount of energy spent creating any website sets the bar for other web hosts looking to reduce their carbon footprint.
They provide a variety of shared hosting plans for everyone, from beginners to large organizations. Their prices are relatively affordable, and their plans include plenty of valuable features.
- cPanel Control Panel: Like most Linux-based web-hosting providers, GreenGeeks offers cPanel as its primary web hosting control panel. You get the Fantastico and Softaculous script installers in cPanel, and with these tools, you can easily install popular third-party blogging platforms and CMSs like WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla.
- Free Site Migration Services: If you already have an existing website, you’ll be pleased to know that GreenGeeks offers a free migration service. This is great for those who are not tech-savvy. The best part about this service is that GreenGeeks experts handle the transfer professionally, so you don’t need to worry about any significant downtime.
- Free Domain Name: GreenGeeks will not charge you anything to register a new domain name or transfer an existing one from a different registrar for the first year of your annual contract. You will have to pay for your domain after that first year runs out, though.
- Free Website Builder: GreenGeeks comes with a free website builder that is easy to use and powerful. You can choose from several fully customizable templates in numerous categories. There are also responsive themes designed for mobile devices and SEO tools that will allow your website to be indexed easily on Google Search.
- Eco-friendly cloud hosting service
- Unlimited data bandwidth
- Unlimited data storage
- Provides heavily discounted long-term plans
- Excellent uptime rates
- Free Cloudflare CDN
- Free SEO tools
- Real-time security scanning
- No team management
- Provides no free backups
- First-line chat support is practically useless
- No website staging
- No 24/7 phone support
GreenGeek has different cheap hosting plans depending on the web hosting service you choose.
Pricing for WordPress Hosting includes three pricing plans starting with The Lite Plan, which costs $2.95 per month(originally $10.95 per month), The Pro Plan costs $4.95 per month (originally $15.95 per month), and The Premium Plan costs $8.95 per month (originally $25.95).
You also get a 30-day money-back guarantee. Bear in mind that all hosting plans are being discounted at the moment and will return to their original price soon.Try GreenGeeks
Top-Tier Cheap Web Hosting Service With Excellent Technical Support.
SiteGround is widely known as a top-tier hosting provider. WordPress officially recommends it, and it has partnerships with some of the most popular theme providers such as Envato, Elegant Themes, and many more.
Its commitment to heavily enhancing its technology and fine-tuning its offering has allowed SiteGround’s developers to provide powerful tools crafted for top website performance and speed, exclusively available for its clients.
- Site Tools: SiteGround has replaced cPanel with their in-house developed Site Tools and Client Area. It is easier to manage your sites on this web hosting platform with its new interface. It was built using REACT as a single application, allowing you to build your website effectively while accessing your account through any device.
- Cloudflare CDN: SiteGround’s datacenters use high-end hosting technology and practices. For example, the data centers use several power feeds to prevent electricity outages and multiple carriers to prevent interruptions to network connectivity. With these best-in-class data centers, you get high availability, low latency, and exceptional reliability. The Cloudflare CDN amplifies this network. CDNs (content delivery networks) regularly make up-to-date copies of your website and store them in cities worldwide.
- On-Demand Instant Backups: You can instantly create an “on-demand” backup at a specific time. This option is available for free on GrowBig plans and higher. Some situations where this comes in handy include before you publish any significant changes to your website before publishing. Backups and restores are free on all plans.
- Real-Time Monitoring: Unlike web hosts who track their servers in intervals of 1-5 minutes, SiteGround provides real-time tracking. As a result, server problems are detected the instant they occur, so they are fixed much faster. This real-time tracking, together with the innovative server technology, ensures minimal downtime.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL): Most hosts provide a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) for all sites they host, meaning that the information sent between the server and the visitor will be encrypted. You will see this in the URL, which sends data via HTTPS, unlike the non-encrypted HTTP. If you are selling any product or service on the internet, you need an SSL unique to your site. SiteGround provides these types of SSLs for you. However, If you don’t sell anything online, you will not need an SSL certificate or IP address beyond the one that SiteGround provides.
- Quick server response time
- 24/7 phone support available
- Free daily backup
- User-friendly custom dashboard
- Excellent uptime
- Easy to use
- Unlimited traffic
- Provides different server locations
- Higher price for renewal (Yes, there are cheaper web hosting providers that offer fewer benefits)
- Limited database size
- Professional migration is not free
- Managed WordPress is only available on GrowBig and GoGeek plans
SiteGround is currently running a 73% discount campaign for all its web hosting plans. It has three hosting plans for your website.
The first is the StartUp Plan which initially cost $14.99 per month but has been reduced to $3.99 per month.
The next is the GrowBig Plan which costs $24.99 originally but is currently $6.69 per month.
Finally, the GoGeek Plan was priced at $39.99 originally but has currently been discounted to $10.69 per month.Try SiteGround
Looking For Something Other Than Cheap Web Hosting?
Although there are many different options to choose from for the best web hosting, it all comes down to choosing a plan that fits your needs.
Each hosting type caters to different groups, and the crucial factors that you should keep in mind when selecting a web host include the kind of website you have, your budget, the resources you need, and expected traffic.
Here are the types of web hosting you can go for:
1. Free Web Hosting
This type of hosting is available with many well-known sites that host some web pages at no cost.
Free web hosting is used to place advertisements, banners, and other forms of advertising media on websites.
It usually does not provide customer support and offers low bandwidth and lesser data transfer.
2. Shared Web Hosting
Shared hosting is perfect for entry-level website hosting and small business websites. With this type of web host, your website will be stored on the same server as many other websites.
With a shared hosting plan, all domains share the same server resources with a shared hosting plan, such as RAM (Random Access Memory) and CPU (Central Processing Unit).
Because resources are shared, the cost of shared hosting plans is usually low, making them an excellent option for website owners new to the game. The best cheap web hosts all offer shared hosting.
3. VPS hosting
A VPS hosting plan can be seen as the ultimate middle ground between a shared and dedicated server.
It’s great for website owners that need more control but don’t necessarily need a dedicated server.
VPS hosting is unique because all websites are hosted within their own space on the server, although they still share a physical server with other users.
While VPS hosting provides you with more customization and storage space, you can still handle incredibly high traffic levels or spikes in usage. But your site performance can still be affected by other sites on the server.
4. Dedicated hosting
Dedicated hosting gives website owners the most control over the server on which their website is stored.
That’s mainly because you exclusively rent the server, and your website is the only one stored on it.
This means that you get full root and admin access and can control everything from the operating system that you run to security.
Dedicated servers are one of the most expensive web hosting options available.
Website owners typically use them to handle high website traffic levels or gain complete control of their servers.
Additionally, a high level of technical expertise is required for the installation and ongoing management of the server.
5. Managed hosting
Most hosting packages you will find online are likely to be managed.
Hosting companies provide technical services such as hardware and software setup and configuration, maintenance, hardware replacement, technical support, patching, updating, and monitoring.
With managed hosting, the provider looks after the day-to-day management of the hardware, operating systems, and standardized applications.
6. Cloud hosting
Cloud hosting is a hosting solution that works via a network and enables companies to consume computing resources like a utility.
This allows you to employ as many of the resources you need without building and maintaining your own computing infrastructure.
The resources used are spread across several servers and reduce the chance of any downtime due to a server malfunction.
Cloud-based hosting is scalable, meaning your site can grow over time, using as many resources as it requires while the website owner only pays for what they use.
Instead of keeping servers in-house or at a private data center, you may choose to ”‘co-locate” your equipment by renting space in a colocation center.
The center will provide the power, bandwidth, IP address, and cooling systems that your server requires. Space is rented out in racks and cabinets.
Colocation gives access to higher levels of bandwidth than a standard office server room at a much lower cost.
There is nothing wrong with settling for cheap web hosting options.
Most cheap web hosting providers offer all the features you need without emptying your purse.
You get features like unlimited bandwidth, an SSL certificate, an intuitive interface, free dedicated IP, and so much more at an affordable price.
The cost of hosting a simple website depends on how simple you need your website to be.
You might not have to spend anything if a free web hosting plan covers your needs.
If this is not the case, the cost of hosting your website is based on the type of web hosting service you go for.
Usually, you can use either shared hosting or VPS hosting as they are the cheapest.
While a budget hosting plan might not be for everyone looking for a cheap web hosting plan, it is still a great option if you don’t want to spend a lot of money to get your website online.
You get an affordable web hosting plan that supports your business growth.
Most budget hosting providers are transparent about what they offer in their low-cost plans and what you will need to pay for so you don’t end up paying for a plan above your budget.
The web hosting industry has become highly competitive, with about 25,000 web hosting service providers worldwide.
This means to grab your attention, many of them will offer meager prices.
While nothing beats free web hosting as far as cheap goes, you should not be spending over $70 a year on cheap hosting plans.
If you are looking for the cheapest web hosting to get started on your online endeavor, you might want to consider going for a shared hosting plan.
It is the cheapest form of web hosting with plans that can cost as low as $3 per month, and this means you might end up spending less than $50 a year on web hosting.
The list of dos and don’ts when choosing the best cheap web hosting provider is endless, but the most important factor is that the cloud hosting provider you select is best for you and your business.
Make a list of the features you need and use that to narrow down your options.
Another thing you need to keep in mind is that the pricing adverts for some of these cheap web hosts can be confusing, so ensure you understand the pricing structure before you make up your mind.
There are affordable WordPress hosting service providers everywhere. You just need to decide the one that is best for you.
Hostinger is the cheapest WordPress Hosting service with a pricing plan that costs less than $3 per month.
If you don’t like Hostinger, then consider Bluehost, HostGator, SiteGround, and many other affordable yet feature-rich WordPress hosting service providers.
Choosing the Best Cheap Web Host
We know that choosing the best cheap web hosting provider is difficult.
So, to take some of the stress out of that hectic process, we have itemized the best of the best in this list.
Here are our final recommendations:
You might also be interested in the following articles to learn more about web hosting and domain names: