14 Best eCommerce Platforms Compared & Rated For 2022
Do you own or operate an online store? If so, you know that choosing the right eCommerce platform is critical.
In this post, I’ll introduce you to 14 of the best eCommerce platforms and rate them based on features, price, ease of use, and more.
eCommerce isn't the same as before. Today, customers want a personalized, seamless, and convenient shopping experience.
That's why choosing the right eCommerce platform is critical for creating a profitable online store. The wrong platform can be expensive and difficult to use, while the right platform can make managing your eCommerce store a breeze.
So, which platform is right for you? That's what I'm here to help you decide.
In this article, I will compare and rate 14 of the best eCommerce platforms available today, along with my top 5 picks.
I'll also discuss each eCommerce platform's features, pros, and cons and help you decide which one is right for your eCommerce business.
By the time you finish reading, you'll have a good idea of which platform is best for your business.
What Are The Best eCommerce Platforms?
When it comes to eCommerce platforms, there are a lot of choices out there. For your ease, I have compiled a list of the 14 best e-commerce platforms below:
- Nexcess StoreBuilder
- Adobe Commerce
Best Overall eCommerce Platform For Businesses Of All Sizes
BigCommerce is easily the best e-commerce platform on the market to help you sell online. Not only is it easy to use, but it has low transaction fees, plenty of themes to choose from, and a wide range of integrations. Plus, it's affordable and scalable so that it can grow with your business. Offering extensive eCommerce functionality, BigCommerce provides a great eCommerce platform for businesses that are just getting started with eCommerce and established businesses that are expanding and need a platform that can handle increased traffic.Try BigCommerce
BigCommerce is a leading SaaS eCommerce platform with features designed to help businesses of all sizes to create an online store.
This eCommerce software is comes packed with all-round eCommerce functionality and easy to use, making it a good choice for businesses just starting with eCommerce.
BigCommerce’s affordable pricing, extensibility, and flexibility stand out from the other eCommerce platforms on this list.
- Ease of use: BigCommerce is one of the most accessible eCommerce platforms. The platform comes with a built-in wizard that guides you through the entire setup process, step by step. It's perfect for businesses new to online selling and don't want to deal with complex technical issues.
- Scalability: With BigCommerce, your business can grow and prosper in the digital age. The platform's features make it one of the best options for companies to increase their traffic volumes or sales in this ever-growing world of online selling.
- Flexibility: Businesses have a lot of leeway for building their eCommerce store on BigCommerce.
- Hosting: Business owners don't have to worry about their websites going down thanks to secure and reliable hosting by BigCommerce.
- Security: The BigCommerce platform is a secure e-commerce solution with SSL encryption and fraud detection features.
- eCommerce SEO features: With BigCommerce, you can customize your titles and descriptions to perfection with their powerful eCommerce search engine optimization tools.
- Inventory management: BigCommerce offers several inventory management apps that make it easy to keep track of your products and stock levels.
- Catalog management: BigCommerce is the perfect platform for businesses looking to easily manage their product catalog, including adding and editing products. Prices can also be set with ease on this site – no more hunting down old files or trying coding!
- Content management: Easily manage your website's content with the help of BigCommerce's intuitive content management system. You can easily add and manage content on your website, including pages, blog posts, and product descriptions.
- Customer management: Keep track of your customers with ease using BigCommerce's customer management tools. You can add customers, view their order history, and send them marketing communications from within the platform.
- Order management: BigCommerce makes it easy to track and manage orders, including order status, tracking information, and shipping options.
- Discount and promotion management: Another eCommerce essential – easily handle your discounts and promotions with BigCommerce. You can create coupons, discount codes, and automatic deals with ease.
- Reporting tools: BigCommerce also provides businesses with powerful reporting tools to help them track their sales, traffic, and more.
- Online store settings: With a wide variety of settings, you can customize your online store's settings to match your brand and preferences.
- Customer support: BigCommerce offers excellent customer support, with 24/7 help available. You can also access helpful resources such as eBooks, webinars, and more.
BigCommerce offers three plans in the eCommerce space: Standard, Plus, and Pro, along with an Enterprise plan for businesses with more significant traffic and sales volumes.
All plans feature a 30-day free trial to try out the platform before committing.
- One of the easiest to use eCommerce website builders.
- Offers excellent flexibility and scalability.
- Comes equipped with secure and reliable hosting.
- Has a good history of having 99.9% uptime.
- Powerful eCommerce SEO tools.
- Offers a 30-day free trial.
- Abandoned cart recovery.
- Offers multiple payment gateways.
- Excellent customer support.
- Some features are only available on higher pricing plans.
- It doesn’t offer a free plan.
- The development team could improve page load time.
- It doesn't come with the upselling feature.
Best eCommerce Platform for Small Businesses
Shopify is my top pick for small businesses because it's pretty easy to use, has excellent eCommerce features, and provides good customer support the extensive visualization features allow for easy customization of themes and the overall look of your eCommerce website.Try Shopify
One of the top ecommerce platforms, Shopify helps businesses to sell online. The platform offers numerous features such as customizable themes, multiple integration options, product management, order management, etc.
One area where Shopify excels and stands out from the other platforms is its visualization features.
eCommerce platforms are nothing without excellent visual design capabilities, and Shopify does not disappoint in this area. You can create a very professional-looking and visually appealing online store with Shopify, which is excellent news for those who are not designers or do not have the budget to hire a professional designer.
- User-friendliness: Being one of the most user-friendly eCommerce platforms available, Shopify has an intuitive drag-and-drop interface that makes adding products and setting up your eCommerce website a breeze.
- Customizable themes: Shopify offers a wide variety of customizable templates and themes that can be customized to match your brand and preferences.
- Third-party integrations: Shopify integrates with various applications, including accounting, shipping, and more.
- Product management: You can add and manage products on your Shopify store, including adding images, setting prices, etc.
- Shopify payments: Accept payments through many payment gateways offered by Shopify and enable your customers to enjoy the flexibility to choose the payment method that works best for them.
- Inventory management: Shopify also offers inventory management features to keep track of your stock levels and reorder products when necessary.
- Order management: Easily track and manage orders, including order status, tracking information, and shipping options.
- Discounts and promotions: Create coupons, discount codes, and automatic deals easily.
- Reporting: Shopify provides businesses with powerful reporting tools to help them track their sales, traffic, and more.
- Online store settings: Customize your online store's settings to match your brand and preferences.
- Customer support: The customer support team is available 24/7 and can be reached via phone, email, or live chat.
Shopify offers four pricing plans: Basic, Shopify, Advanced Shopify, and Shopify Plus. All plans except Shopify Plus cater to small to medium-scale businesses.
The Shopify Plus plan is designed for enterprise-level businesses. All plans come with a 14-day free trial to try out the platform before committing.
- Easy to use.
- Ideal option for small businesses.
- When you create an account for the free trial, you don't need to provide your credit card information.
- Visualization features allow for easy customization.
- Wide variety of themes.
- Abandoned cart recovery.
- Integrates with a host of third-party applications.
- Powerful reporting tools.
- 24/seven customer support.
- Offers a 14-day free trial.
- Themes can be expensive.
- Limited control over some aspects of your eCommerce store.
- It doesn’t offer a free plan.
- Some features are only available on the more expensive plans.
Best eCommerce Software For Creating Multiple eCommerce Websites
Many qualities make Squarespace a winning eCommerce website builder. If you are searching for a professional helping hand to create an established website having the finest quality designs, Squarespace is all ready to empower you and your ideas. Squarespace is one of the easiest hosting and website-building software so you can create and monetize your brand on the go without taking anyone’s help. Would highly recommend Squarespace to all those creators seeking attractive and functional website-building software.Try Squarespace
Squarespace is an excellent website builder that allows creators with the slightest technical knowledge to showcase their work into beautiful designs using many Squarespace templates.
The platform is adaptable and simple to use, ensuring that it is appropriate for businesses of all sizes.
Being a beginner-friendly website builder, Squarespace offers you numerous design options, eCommerce utilities, beautiful themes, and many convenient marketing tools. Hence, you get to enjoy an all-in-one great approach to its features.
- Website builder: Having many robust credentials, Squarespace is a powerful website builder allowing you to build up online visibility that stands out in the crowd. With the software’s built-in blog supporting tools, you can make your blog visually appealing. As a startup, you can create a stunning brand using the designs and numerous marketing tools to help flourish your business from the start.
- Customizable templates: These templates offer you several functionalities and flexibility that you won’t get on other platform options available on the market. You can customize these templates by giving a personal touch to the designs and building a unique online presence.
- Pre-Built layouts: You can either use a pre-built design to create a specific professional form or customize it by removing or adding blocks. This way, your website will look better and different.
- Content types: The management system of Squarespace allows you to add and manage any kind of website or marketing content that will help navigate your website visitors to the content they want to see. Hence, you can build a more trusted relationship with your customers or visitors.
- Duplicate pages and content: You can use your previous content or product as a starting point for your new content by duplicating them. Squarespace lets you copy cover pages, layout pages, and an entire site. This can save a lot of your time and energy.
- Design tools: Squarespace design tools have all the capabilities to build a genuinely aesthetic website following your brand’s theme. With their customizable color pallets, you can create a distinguished and appealing design found nowhere else.
Squarespace offers numerous pricing plans according to the needs of businesses of every size.
The Business plan is the most popular plan of all, the best for websites. You can avail 30% discount if you buy an annual subscription to the business plan.
E-commerce plans will work best for you if you own an online store. You can avail 25% discount if you buy an annual subscription on the commerce plan.
It is no exaggeration to admit that Squarespace offers unique website building features at the most affordable prices.
- Variety of templates.
- Fast speed.
- Drag and drop functionality.
- Useful and convenient widgets.
- Multiple page types.
- Offers a free trial.
- Commutable templates.
- Permits data import and exports.
- Amazing support.
- E-commerce friendly.
- The editor is a bit unmanageable.
- Not compatible enough with third-party extensions, apps, or CDNs.
- Lack of a free plan.
Best eCommerce Platform For US Merchants
There's a lot to appreciate about Shift4Shop. If you need an eCommerce platform that can handle a lot of traffic and transactions without breaking a sweat, this is the platform for you. The website builder is easy to use and very flexible, so you can create a unique online store that reflects your brand. Would recommend Shift4Shop to all those looking for a robust and scalable eCommerce platform.Try Shift4shop
Shift4Shop is a great eCommerce platform for business owners looking for a robust platform with plenty of features and tools.
The platform is easy to use and scalable, making it an excellent choice for businesses of all sizes.
Shift4Shop also has great eCommerce SEO features, allowing you to quickly optimize your website for search engines.
The one thing that differentiates Shift4Shop from other eCommerce website builders is product selection. The platform is suitable for selling physical products as well as digital products.
You can also offer services on the platform, making it an excellent choice for businesses that sell more than just products.
- Mobile eCommerce: Say bye to maintaining multiple website versions of your online store. With Shift4Shop, you only have to design and maintain a single website. The website is automatically optimized for mobile devices, making it easy for customers to purchase products and services.
- Website builder: The platform comes with an intuitive eCommerce website builder that makes it easy to create and customize your business website. The best thing about Shift4Shop's website builder is that it doesn't require you to have any coding knowledge or design skills, making it straightforward to use.
- eCommerce SEO: With the likes of Google Analytics integration, customizable meta tags, canonical URLs, and more, Shift4Shop offers the complete eCommerce SEO toolkit that allows you to easily optimize your website for search engines. The platform also provides a free website submission service that helps you get your website indexed quickly.
- Product selection: Shift4Shop offers a wide range of products that you can sell on your website. The platform allows ecommerce support for physical and digital products, as well as services. This makes it perfect for businesses that sell more than just products.
- Design features: The platform also comes with a wide range of design features that allow you to reflect your brand in your website easily. A variety of templates, free themes, and font styles are essential for setting up an elegant storefront, and Shift4Shop brings it all in one package. The platform offers a wide range of templates and themes that you can use to create a unique website. With the help of these design features, you can also customize the website builder to create a website that is unique to your business.
- Order management: Make the most of Shift4Shop's order management features to process orders and manage your inventory efficiently. The platform has a comprehensive toolset for processing orders, including update notifications, automatic order tracking, and order management reports. These features simplify operating your online store efficiently, even during busy sales periods, without taking much of your time.
- Secure hosting: With Shift4Shop, you don't have to worry about website security. The platform comes with a fast hosting service that ensures your website is always up and running.
Shift4Shop offers a variety of pricing plans to suit businesses of all sizes. All paid plans are sales-bound, meaning that after your annual sales cross a particular threshold, you will be automatically upgraded to a higher plan.
Currently, Shift4Shop is offering a promotional plan called End-to-End Commerce. It's one of their most feature-rich and least restrictive plans, and the best part, it's free for US merchants.
It's fair to say that Shift4Shop is not the most affordable eCommerce platform on the market, but it's definitely worth the price.
- Reasonably easy to use.
- No hidden fees.
- Ideal for US merchants.
- A wide range of eCommerce features and tools.
- Formidable SEO & Marketing features.
- High update frequency.
- Intuitive website builder.
- Flexible and scalable eCommerce platform.
- Easy sign-up process.
- All plans, except for the free plan, have a sales limit.
- People tend to feel that the platform is not suitable for businesses outside the US.
- Integration with third-party apps could be improved.
- The free plan comes with high transaction fees.
Best eCommerce Platform For Startups
Do not recommend Zyro for larger eCommerce stores simply because it is less scalable than other platforms out there. However, the built-in drag-and-drop element and grid system provide an easy template design to simplify website creation.Try Zyro
Zyro is a website builder known for its unique variety of tools at an unbelievably lower price. Entrepreneurs who are just beginning with their business ventures can benefit from it amazingly. Non-technologically savvy persons can easily use it to scale their brand without learning coding or design.
- Ability to sell anywhere: You can sell on Amazon, Instagram, and Facebook by connecting with these platforms. This makes it easy for your to reach a wider audience and build the name of your business.
- Professional templates: Zyro offers a wide variety of professional templates that experts in the eCommerce field have designed. This makes it easy for businesses to find a template that works well for their needs.
- Drag-and-drop editor: Thanks to the drag-and-drop editor, adding and editing any element is a breeze. You can also easily customize your store's design with the handy grid feature without programming knowledge, making it a fantastic choice for you if you are a beginner who wants to create a professional-looking store.
- Easy management: With one dashboard, you can manage inventory and orders and track everything about your business and make changes quickly and easily.
- Simple CRM: Zyro makes it easy to keep your customers engaged and increase sales with customized product recommendations, customizable discounts, automated emails, coupon codes, and other powerful CRM features.
Zyro offers three pricing plans with a 30-days money-back guarantee. The most basic plan starts at $8.99, which lets you create a professional personal website or blog.
Starting at $11.49 a month, its business plan allows you to build an online store instantly. Your store can sell up to 100 products with this plan.
The advanced plan helps you build a professional-looking store with the help of powerful marketing elements.
You should choose the plan based on whether you are just trying to start up your business and scale with time or you want to have a great kickstart initially.
- Zyro is unique as it is a commission-free platform that lets you keep 100% revenue from the leads.
- AI of this platform offers several branding tools that help you grow by taking ad hoc creative work.
- The easy-to-use template designs make website creation so simple and easy.
- When you upload products to your Zyro store, putting in relevant information can become confusing and might give you a tough time.
- Once your website goes live, you can't switch or change templates.
Best eCommerce Platform for WordPress Websites
WooCommerce is a highly customizable open-source eCommerce platform that can help you transform your website into an online store. Through a detailed installing wizard, you will be required to fill in the details of your store. And after a few minutes, you can start adding your first products.
Installing and adding products using WooCommerce is pretty straightforward, but creating a good website in the WordPress platform requires some experience.
To speed up creating your online store, you can use free WordPress themes that are easy to adjust. However, if you want your store to look more appealing, you can look for themes created for WooCommerce websites.
- Flexible and secure payments: WooCommerce has an integrated payment processing solution. WooCommerce payments support around 130 currencies and accept credit cards. There are 140 region-specific payment gateways to choose from.
- Mobile app: The WooCommerce mobile application is available for iOS and Android. You can create, edit, and add new products to your website. You can also get recent sales notifications, track statistics, print labels, and more.
- eCommerce Analytics: Tracking your orders, customers, and taxes is vital for managing your online store. Having this feature will provide you with more information on how successful your store is. This self-hosted platform allows you to do just that with the help of a host of extensions.
- Additional extensions: At the moment, you can use 755 WooCommerce extensions to improve your website. A portion of these extensions are free, but most of them can be pretty expensive. Since your store is based on WordPress, you can also use various WordPress plug-ins besides the WooCommerce extensions.
- Tax options: Taxes are often a headache for people running online businesses. However, WooCommerce made sure to make paying taxes easier for you through various options.
- Themes: To make your eCommerce site attract customers, you need to pick an attractive theme—websites like Themeforest will provide you with a complete and elegant online store. Adjusting the theme will require less time than toying around with WordPress or paying a Web Developer. Themeforest alone has over 6000 WooCommerce themes.
WooCommerce is one of the rare eCommerce platforms entirely free to use; it is only an extension. To use WooCommerce, you need to create a website beforehand.
Creating a website requires time and resources. Most importantly, you will need to buy a hosting and a domain name before starting. This can be much more expensive than simply using an eCommerce platform that provides those things.
But if you have had a website for some time and are looking to upgrade it or transform it, WooCommerce is the perfect option.
- It’s free.
- It comes with a built-in payment processing solution.
- It’s open-source, so it’s highly customizable.
- Perfect choice for people experienced with using WordPress.
- It’s very scalable.
- WooCommerce is only an Extension, so it requires additional fees.
- No customer support.
- New updates don’t always work as intended.
Best eCommerce Platform for Data Lovers
Volusion is a drag-and-drop website builder that allows anyone to create their online store without knowledge of backend development.
There are 11 free themes that you can use for your online store, and there are 34 paid themes.
You are very limited if you are interested in changing the website’s appearance. But people praise various marketing and analytical tools that this platform provides.
- Social media integration: Many Volusion themes will provide you with social media icons in a specific part of your web page. You can add or delete social media icons as you wish, but it’s not possible to add them to other parts of the web page. For example, you can’t add your social media icons to your header. This is very limiting. A Social Media Center allows you to post to your Facebook and Twitter accounts through Volusion. The massive downside of this is that it doesn’t allow you to post pictures and that this feature is limited to Twitter and Facebook.
- App integrations: The app store of Volusion is a great feature, but the competing platforms provide users with a lot more options. There are only 156 Volusion apps, while only 20 are free. But, using Zapier, there are around 1,000 apps that can be integrated with Volusion.
- Marketing tools: There is a separate dashboard for marketing tools that contains everything marketing-related. You can use various features of Volusion to boost your visits and sales. You can connect your Volusion account with your Google Merchant account.
- Many online stores operate on multiple platforms. Volusion allows you to sync your products with Amazon, eBay, and Facebook Marketplace. The whole process of connecting your Volusion website with a third-party marketplace will take only a few minutes. Volusion also supports physical systems for scanning items and credit cards.
Volusion offers three plans. There is a significant difference between the Personal and Professional plans. The Personal plan is perfect for small businesses looking for a straightforward way to create their online store. In contrast, Professional and Business plans target large companies looking to sell thousands of products.
The Personal plan will provide you with almost every tool you need for your online store. The most significant difference between the plans is the number of products you can post in your store.
There are also minor yet valuable extra features in more expensive plans, such as abandoned cart info, reviews, and a newsletter. And the more expensive your plan is, the better customer support will be.
- Intuitive editing of your website.
- Amazing theme.
- Powerful marketing tools.
- Phone support.
- Advanced settings for each product.
- Various analytic tools.
- There is no blog.
- Product limit on cheaper plans.
- There aren’t a lot of customization options.
- Very unreliable customer support.
Best eCommerce Platform for Beginners
Wix is a cloud-hosted eCommerce platform that enables businesses to sell online. The platform offers numerous features such as customizable themes, multiple integration options, product management, order management, etc.
Wix is user-friendly and easy to use compared to other website builders. The platform has a drag-and-drop interface that makes adding products and setting up your eCommerce website a breeze.
- Ease of use: Wix is one of the easiest eCommerce platforms to use. The platform comes with a simple drag-and-drop user interface that makes adding products and setting up your eCommerce website a breeze.
- Customizable themes: Wix offers a wide range of professionally designed themes that you can use to create a unique and professional-looking website.
- Multiple integration options: With Wix, you can integrate your website with many third-party applications and services such as Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter, and more.
- Product management: Wix makes adding and managing products on your website easy. You can easily add product images, descriptions, pricing information, etc.
- Inventory management: Wix gives you the ability to track your inventory levels and manage your stock. You can also set up low stock alerts to ensure you never run out of products.
- Order management: You can easily track and manage orders on your Wix website. The platform also offers a range of features such as automatic shipping calculation, order tracking, and more.
- Customer management: With Wix, you can easily manage customers and their information. The platform offers features such as customer groups, wishlists, customer profiles, and more.
- Reporting tools: Wix also offers a range of reporting tools that you can use to track your website's performance. You can view detailed reports on website traffic, sales, and more.
- Online store settings: Wix provides a wide range of settings that you can use to customize your online store. You can set up payment methods, shipping options, taxes, etc.
There are four pricing plans offered by Wix: Connect Domain, Combo, Unlimited, and VIP.
Connect Domain is the most basic plan, and it only allows you to connect your website to a custom domain.
Combo is the next plan, and it includes basic eCommerce features such as product management and order management.
Unlimited is the next plan, and it offers unlimited products, storage, and bandwidth.
VIP is the most expensive plan, and it includes all of the features offered by Wix.
- Extremely beginner-friendly and easy to use.
- One of the leading website builders in the market.
- Intuitive drag-and-drop interface.
- Wide range of professionally designed themes.
- Multiple integration options.
- Option for abandoned cart recovery.
- Comprehensive product management features.
- Detailed reporting tools.
- Wix offers relatively cheaper plans compared to most eCommerce platforms.
- The Wix editor can be slow at times.
- Some features are only available on the most expensive plan.
- Doesn't offer a free trial.
Best eCommerce Software For Setting Up An Online Business
Nexcess Storebuilder is an incredible shopping site builder that allows business owners to feature their products beautifully even if they are not tech-savvy or design or coding experts.
The AI of the Storebuilder uses the insights and research from hundreds of thousands of other online stores and makes intelligent decisions to create a store rather than just choosing a template or a theme.
Being streamlined as a user-friendly website builder, Nexcess Storebuilder provides total flexibility and freedom – letting you choose what to put on your store and whatnot.
You can build a unique and beautiful storefront with time-saving premium plug-ins, breakneck page speed, and 24/7/365 support from e-commerce experts.
- Fully Managed Hosting: Nexcess Storebuilder provides fully optimized WP, Magento, and WooCommerce hosting with a bucket full of features and elements necessary to operate a wholly managed online store. The perfect package of features like pre-installed premium plug-ins, better built-in CDN, one-click staging, instant auto-scaling, and many others help you build a speedy and high-performing eCommerce site admiringly customizable and flexible.
- Website designer and add-ons: The software's AI helps create a unique store using its customizable templates at no extra cost. You do not need to type a code. simply edit the style that looks appealing to you. Use their bundled selling tools to get noticed and mark your name in the market.
- Powerful marketing tools: With powerful marketing tools offered by Nexcess Storebuilder, you can convert your visitors into customers. Automated emails help you convert missed selling opportunities into sales.
There are several pricing options available depending on the respective web hosting. You can get 30% off the first three months if you purchase for the first time.
The basic plan starts from $19 per month to $999 per month. If you buy annually, the per month pricing goes down from $13.30 a month to $699 a month.
The “Extra small” plan will suit you most if you start with your eCommerce site. You can later upgrade your plan to medium or large plans once your business starts scaling.
Among all the other Managed Magento Hosting plans, the Large pricing plan is the most popular one.
If you intend to choose WooCommerce hosting plan, I would suggest you go with the “Creator” plan, with which you can efficiently run up to five stores.
If you are interested in buying the Managed WordPress hosting plan, the “Designer” plan (the most popular) will go best for your needs.
All plans come with unlimited email accounts, 30-day back-ups, and 30-days money-back guarantee.
- Cheaper than other eCommerce website builders on this list.
- Unlimited customization.
- 100 percent sit ownership.
- Blogs included.
- Automatic site.
- AI assistant.
- Much faster page loading.
- Innovative performance and sales tools.
- Amazing support.
- You will have to customize templates on your own.
- No guided demo available till now.
Best E-commerce Platform For Selling Digital Products
Sellfy is an excellent e-commerce platform for creative professionals to sell digital products such as books, audio, videos, illustrations, photos, or music in digital files.
It allows photographers, designers, book authors, music producers, YouTubers, and more to showcase their creativity and build a handsome living at the same time.
The software's intuitive interface makes adding and uploading products to your Sellfy store simple and fun.
Clients from your social network and others can access your store from multiple devices.
A highly customizable design, various analytic features, many marketing features, and an easy setup process of Sellfy make creating an eCommerce site much more valuable and accessible.
I would unfavorably recommend Sellfy to all creative business owners who want to build an impressive online store that helps flourish the scalability of their business.
- Store Customization: Sellfy allows you to create stylish pages through its modules. You can change your layout colors as per your product theme and store the information. This helps you create a unique look for your e-commerce store.
- Store setup: Setting up your Sellfy store only requires a fewer steps where you verify your email, log in, and add information about the store. Unlike other platforms, Sellfy helps you save time in many ways.
- Personalized store: You can personalize your Sellfy store by adding your logo, setting colors and navigation, language, and editing information. The entire shopping cart feature allows customers to buy numerous items. You can add your domain to the site as well. These personalized touches to your store will allow you to express your creativity that can relate to many others.
- Security and Payments: Sellfy lets you accept online payments through two payment options – Stripe or PayPal. This way, you get an instant payment route, and your customers’ data will be secured as well (also PCI-compliant). With anti-fraud measures by Sellfy, your unique download links, PDF stamping, and download attempts are always protected. So, you give more confidence to the customer this way.
Among the three pricing plans, consider choosing the one that fulfills the needs of your store's expected per annum sales. The pricing starts at $29 a month with a starter plan to $119 a month with a premium plan. If you purchase annually, the pricing falls to $19/mo and $89/mo for the starter and premium plans.
- Sellfy makes it easier to create and maintain your digital products eCommerce site.
- Set up requires less time.
- Maintains product downloads and automates payments.
- No restrictions on the number of products and storage.
- Limited customizing options.
- Comparatively high prices.
Best eCommerce Platform For Selling Products
Selz is one of the best e-commerce site builders that allows online businesses to sell online by providing easy solutions to create and manage their online stores.
This popular e-commerce platform integrates everything from setting up your e-commerce site for hosting products to handling payments while maintaining an excellent design for every device without writing a single line of code.
Selz allows you to sell directly on Facebook, Instagram, and other social networks so you can start and scale your small online store and sell unlimited products to your customers and followers.
This multi-channel integration provides more exposure to your products throughout the web, letting internet users find your products and services more efficiently.
Selz also gives free SSL Certificates as part of their service, web hosting, and payment processes. All the tools in the software help you create a professionally designed e-commerce store without requiring any technical knowledge.
- Integrations and analytics: With Selz, you can easily integrate analytic tools of third-party webs like Bing Analytics or Google. Sales analytics are always accessible through your dashboard, allowing you to monitor the progress the performance of your online stores. You can export traffic reports, referrals, and sales to CSV files. Other integrations via the app store include AWeber, Salesforce, Xero, Freshbooks, and more.
- Multi-channel selling: If you already have another website, you do not have to use Selz independently. instead, you can integrate it with your existing website. You can add products to your existing social profile, blog, or website by embedding “buy now” widgets fully customizable by installing the Selz plug-in.
- Inventory and order management: Selz allows you to manage your e-commerce business by fulfilling Search Engines Optimization protocols such as category and product-specific meta tags, URLs, and titles. You can build your customers’ mailing lists, profiles, offer deals, etc. All these features help you create a reputable and responsive e-commerce business site.
- Order fulfillment and checkout: You can customize your checkout block with terms, checkboxes, gift details, terms and conditions, and more. Built-in Selz's shopping cart lets your customers check out via your site directly, choosing from any of the provided payment gateways. Email marketing tool sends confirmation order emails automatically. Thus, Selz provides sellers with a comprehensive and complete e-commerce solution.
Selz offers three different plans with an additional “Do It For Me” plan to help you grow a successful online store. Among all these plans, the Standard plan is the most popular one that fulfills almost all the requirements of e-commerce functionality.
If you choose the Do It For Me plan, Selz takes charge of your store from designing to marketing with one $599 monthly fee.
- Free professionally designed themes.
- Offers multiple payment gateways.
- Free SSL certificate.
- Web hosting.
- Amazing customer support.
- Selz makes it easy and quick to create, design, and customize your store.
- Extra transaction fee when using a third-party payment gateway.
- Less added features as the prices go high with advanced plans.
Best eCommerce Platform For Dropshipping
ShopBase is an all-in-one e-commerce platform for dropshipping, print-on-demand orders, and white labels.
This automated solution came into the market to loosen up snags such as extended shipping costs and times, low standard packaging, and poor quality of the products.
ShopBase designed a platform to help e-commerce retailers create an online store with a portfolio conversion rate as high as 80% to protect merchants from bad customer ratings, decreased customer retention rate, chargeback claims, and other issues, to protect merchants from bad customer ratings.
With an intuitive interface and a stable backup plan, you can easily migrate your existing website to ShopBase for free. Their conversion optimizing tool helps optimize and improve every part of the products page that help elevate online sales. These mentions are only a snippet of what ShopBase has to offer.
- Web Hosting: It is one of the best features ShopBase offers. You can customize your store's domain name by following the elementary method provided by the store builder to put the DNS settings of your hosting account in order.
- SSL certificate: ShopBase offers an SSL certificate (256-bit) that gives your store an effortless run while performing customer transactions. All the payment credentials and store data get secured every second.
- Uptime Speed: ShopBase's 98% uptime pace assists you in making insightful decisions on orders, sales, and inquiries by the customers. These informed decisions increase the reliability of your customers towards your store.
- Mobile App: You get quick access to the dashboard of your own online store through ShopBase's mobile app allowing you to monitor your store's performance at a glance. You can view the fulfillment status, customer orders, and the number of products sold quickly.
- Payment Gateway: ShopBase offers the most appropriate payment methods no matter which line of niche you are in. ShopBase's built-in payment methods allow customers to pay via Stripe, BlueSnap, and PayPal, whether dropshipping, white-label, or print on demand. You benefit from their scalable channels by attracting potential customers from a wide demographic range.
ShopBase offers three packages starting from $19 a month with a starter plan to $249 a month with a premium plan.
However, if you purchase annually, the pricing goes down to $17 a month with a starter plan and $224 a month with a premium plan.
A standard plan with $59 per month is the most popular of all the plans and is best suited for growing businesses and large transactions.
- Provides customization of themes, checkout pages, and more.
- ShopBase apps are all free and are available on the App store.
- Highly optimized storefront for conversions.
- The layout design of the dashboard is beginner-friendly.
- Has pricing plans for every seller level.
- The marketplace of ShopBase is not that as diverse as expected.
- The number of ShopBase apps is limited.
- The community of ShopBase is not that engaging.
13. Adobe Commerce
Best E-commerce Platform For eCommerce Business
Adobe Commerce is Magento's deployment model hosted by Cloud that offers an unrivaled set of features, virtually infinite flexibility, scalability, and optimization to completely manage and personalize the e-commerce experience throughout the customer journey. The platform enables you to create rich, engaging shopping experiences for your customers.
Being one of the best and most comprehensive eCommerce solutions available, it integrates well with other Adobe products, such as Adobe Marketing Cloud and Adobe Experience Manager.
Additionally, Adobe Commerce is highly scalable and can handle large volumes of transactions. This makes it a great choice if your business is expecting a lot of growth soon.
Adobe Commerce offers a wide range of features and advantages for B2C and B2B customers. Some of the notable features include:
- Sophisticated search capabilities: Adobe Commerce's search capabilities are powered by artificial intelligence, bringing faster, more intelligent, and more relevant results for B2C shoppers. The search tool is designed to quickly identify the products a customer is looking for and present suitable suggestions and alternatives. In addition, the AI-powered search tool can also recommend products based on a customer's purchase history and browsing behavior. This helps customers find the products they want quickly and easily, resulting in a better shopping experience from your online store.
- Powerful merchandising tools: Adobe Commerce merchandising tools help retail store associates develop floor plans and product presentations. Adobe Commerce tools offer a variety of features, including drag-and-drop placement, photo-realistic 3D renders, and the ability to create custom product groups. They also include templates that can be customized to fit the retailer's branding helping you to create a unique shopping site.
- Extensions: Adobe Commerce offers an extensive marketplace of extensions that can enhance and extend the performance of your Commerce store. These thousands of extensions are built by expert eCommerce developers and are easy to install and use. This provides a wide range of features and advantages to help your business website look and perform professionally.
- Comprehensive order management: Adobe Commerce Order Management ensures that your customers have the most current product availability and visibility information. This allows them to make informed decisions when placing orders and helps to meet their expectations for the timely delivery of products. Order Management also provides a streamlined process for order placement and management, reducing the time and effort required to manage your inventory. Additionally, it offers extensive reporting capabilities to help you track trends and analyze your sales data.
- Third-party integrations: Adobe Commerce has robust features that allow businesses to connect to third-party solutions with different APIs and schemas. This will enable you to get the most out of their e-commerce platform and provides a better customer experience.
Adobe Commerce pricing is based on the Average Order Value (AOV) and annual Gross Merchandise Value (GMV). The higher the GMV, the lower the price per transaction. This pricing model benefits both Adobe and its customers.
For Adobe, it provides an incentive to increase sales volume and grow the business. It allows customers to transact at a lower price point, making it more affordable and attractive to do business with Adobe Commerce.
- Adobe Commerce offers a comprehensive set of tools for your e-commerce store implementation.
- The price point is good, and the integrations are out-of-the-box, making it easy for your customers to get started.
- It offers excellent customer service, which is crucial for any e-commerce store.
- Adobe Commerce does not offer any free version.
- For scaling, you get options that are more straightforwardly configurated.
- It does not offer any integration service or premium consulting.
Best E-commerce Platform For Small Businessowners
Weebly is one of the largest and strongest site builders with extensive marketing campaigns. Its powerful, intuitive drag-and-drop interface, customizable webpage designs, and various tools help you build your website and grow your small business.
Some of the pros of using Weebly include creating a professional website without having to learn to code, access to helpful support, and the ability to sell products and services online.
Weebly also offers a vast array of features, such as creating blogs, adding images and videos, and tracking website traffic.
They have multiple pricing options to choose from, making it easy for you to find the right plan for your needs. Weebly also offers a free plan, which is excellent for startups.
Thanks to all of the mentioned features and benefits Weebly offers, small businesses and entrepreneurs can easily create a website to help them grow their businesses. These notable features include:
- Weebly's drag and drop Editor: It is an intuitive platform that helps entrepreneurs create a professional website without prior technical skills. Currently, Weebly hosts over 10 million online stores and the number is constantly growing. It will give you a hassle-free way to create a beautiful website.
- Customizable templates: Weebly's Customizable Templates are the perfect solution for businesses and individuals who want a professional website but don't have the time or money to hire a web designer. These templates are responsive as they will look great on any device. You can customize them to match your brand or personality, and Weebly makes it easy to add photos, videos, and other content.
- SEO optimization: Weebly's SEO Optimization guide feature provides an in-depth, step-by-step guide to users with the information they need to optimize their website for search engines. The guide covers everything from setting up site navigation and titles to using keywords and creating sitemaps. It also includes tips for optimizing blog posts and images, thus helping you improve at every step of your business.
- Social media integration: Weebly's social media integration is a compelling feature that allows you to create more powerful websites with just a few simple one-click integrations. You can connect your website with popular social media networks like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and many other valuable online services. This gives you the ability to easily share your website content with a broader audience and get more exposure for your business.
- Excellent customer service and support: Their 24/7 customer service and support are outstanding, making it a reliable eCommerce solution for startups and SMBs.
Weebly is an excellent platform for creating websites with very reasonable pricing, starting at $9 a month with a starter plan to $19 a month with a premium plan.
However, if you purchase annually, the pricing goes down from $5 a month with a starter plan to $12 a month with a premium plan. They also offer a free plan for small websites.
- Weebly has solid site speeds, so your website will load quickly for your visitors.
- You get flexibility with high design themes.
- Its intuitive editor makes it simple to add text, images, and videos to your website.
- Very reasonable pricing.
- Blogging tools are limited.
- You have to pay more for extra help.
- On the Weebly domain, the freeloaders get stuck.
Best eCommerce Platforms for Small Businesses
Small businesses have a lot to gain from investing in eCommerce platforms. Companies can reach a larger audience and get more sales by having an online store. Small businesses can also use eCommerce platforms to save money on inventory and other costs.
There are many different eCommerce platforms suitable for small businesses, and the best one for your business will depend on your specific needs. In general, the best eCommerce platforms for small businesses are easy to use, have a variety of features, and are affordable.
To help you in your quest to find the perfect eCommerce platform for your small business, we would recommend the following four platforms:
Best eCommerce Platforms for Startups & Beginners
Startups and small businesses have a few different options for eCommerce platforms. The best eCommerce platform for startups is the one that allows you to start and grow your eCommerce business with the least amount of hassle.
In most cases, the best eCommerce platform for startups is an all-in-one solution like Shopify or BigCommerce. These platforms include everything you need to start, from hosting and security to payments and shipping.
Yet, if you’re looking for a more customizable solution, you might want to consider a platform like WooCommerce. WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin that turns your WordPress site into an eCommerce store. It’s less expensive than Shopify and BigCommerce, but it does require a bit more technical know-how to get set up.
If you're just starting with eCommerce, you need an easy-to-use platform that won't break the bank. Though “easy to use” and “inexpensive” are often mutually exclusive terms, we recommend four eCommerce platforms that give beginners the best bang for their buck:
Best eCommerce Platforms for SEO
While there are many factors to consider when choosing an eCommerce platform, SEO should be one of your top priorities. The right platform will allow you to control critical on-page elements, generate clean URLs, and create fresh, keyword-rich content, essential for ranking high in search engines.
Additionally, a good eCommerce platform will offer built-in features that can help boost your site’s SEO, like blog posts, product reviews, and sitemaps.
When choosing an eCommerce platform, be sure to consider the following SEO features:
- Title Tags and Meta Descriptions: The platform should allow you to customize these essential on-page elements.
- URL Structure: The platform you choose should generate clean, keyword-rich URLs that are easy for search engines to crawl and index.
- Built-in Blog: A blog is a great way to create fresh, keyword-rich content that can help improve your site’s SEO.
- Product Reviews: Reviews can help build trust and authority, which is essential for SEO.
- Sitemaps: Sitemaps help search engines index your site more effectively, leading to better SEO.
- Social Media Integration: The platform should make it easy to share your content on social media, which can help boost your SEO.
- Scalability: As your business expands, you'll need an eCommerce system that can help you grow. Make sure the platform you choose can meet your future requirements.
Keeping these factors in mind, we recommend the following three eCommerce platforms for their robust SEO features:
Best eCommerce Platforms for Dropshipping
Dropshipping has evolved over the years, and there are now plenty of platforms to choose from. However, not all eCommerce platforms are created equal—some are better suited for dropshipping than others.
When dropshipping first surfaced as a business model in the early 2000s, very few platforms were available to support it. Today, there are dozens of options—but that doesn’t mean they’re all excellent. The key is to find an eCommerce platform that’s easy to use, has drop shipping integration, and is scalable.
Given that, we recommend the following platforms for drop shippers:
Best eCommerce Platforms for Local Brick and Mortar Stores
eCommerce isn't limited to just online businesses. Many local brick-and-mortar stores are now using eCommerce platforms to power their businesses.
Brick-and-mortar stores have been limited to physically present customers in their store. eCommerce has changed that. Due to eCommerce, local stores can sell their products and services to customers anywhere.
There are many bnefits to using an eCommerce package for local businesses. First, it allows businesses to experience multi-channel selling and reach a wider audience of potential customers. Secondly, it helps businesses keep track of inventory and sales data more efficiently. Lastly, eCommerce platforms provide businesses with a more efficient way to process payments and orders.
After extensive research, the following recommendations will be best for local businesses:
Best eCommerce Platforms for Large Businesses
Businesses of all sizes can sell products and services online with an eCommerce platform. However, a large corporation has unique needs that require a more robust solution than what’s typically offered.
This is important because a large business is likely to have:
- A large inventory of products
- A high volume of orders
- A large customer base
- The need to grow and scale quickly
When considering an eCommerce platform, a prominent business should look for one that can accommodate all of its needs. Some of the features to consider include::
- The ability to support a large number of products and orders
- Flexibility and scalability to accommodate growth
- Advanced features specifically for large businesses
- A team of qualified experts that can assist you along the way
The perfect eCommerce platform for large businesses is one that can grow along with the business and provide the features and support it needs to succeed. Fortunately, there are a number of great options to choose from.
Some of the best eCommerce platforms for large businesses include:
Best eCommerce Platforms for Clothing and Apparel
Clothing and apparel businesses have unique needs when choosing the right eCommerce platform. The best platform for your online business will offer features and functionality specifically designed to support the sale of clothing and apparel items. The platform should also be easy to use and provide a seamless shopping experience for your customers.
When you’re evaluating eCommerce platforms, be sure to keep the following factors in mind:
- Support for multiple product types
- Size and color options
- Product descriptions and photos
- Shipping options
- Payment methods
- Customer support
Choosing the right eCommerce platform is essential for the success of your clothing and apparel business. To help you make the best decision for your online business, I’ve compiled a list of the best eCommerce platforms for clothing and apparel businesses:
Best eCommerce Platforms To Sell Digital Products
Gone are the days when only physical products were available for sale. With the rise of the internet and digital technologies, more and more businesses are selling digital products online.
If you’re thinking of starting an online business and selling digital products, you need to choose the right eCommerce platform to power your store.
Many different eCommerce platforms are available, but not all of them are suitable for selling digital products. The thing with digital products is that they need to be delivered electronically, and not all eCommerce platforms are set up to do this.
So, to help you out, I’ve put together a list of the best eCommerce platforms for selling digital products:
Key Features of the Best eCommerce Platforms
Building an online store from scratch is a huge step and an exciting endeavor.
The features of the best eCommerce platforms are vital for small businesses that solely focus on individual customers and large corporations with B2B customers alike.
Here are some of the most critical elements that an eCommerce solution must have:
Your eCommerce platform must have a wide range of customization options, from changing the look and feel of your website to adding new features and functionality.
This flexibility allows you to create a website that perfectly represents your brand and meets your customers' needs.
Inventory Management System
This must-have feature in an eCommerce platform allows you to track your stock levels in real-time, making the necessary adjustments to keep your inventory levels where you want them.
An effective inventory management system will help you track which products are selling and which ones are not. This information can help you decide what products to stock up on and which ones to discontinue.
An effective inventory management system in place can also help improve your bottom line by preventing you from overstocking or undersupplying products.
It is a vital element for online stores that every best eCommerce platform should provide. According to Google, 61% of users are unlikely to return to a site that isn't mobile-friendly. If your eCommerce platform isn't optimized for mobile use, you could lose customers who would have otherwise made a purchase.
Mobile optimization features include an easy-to-use interface, a simplified checkout process, and larger buttons and text for easy reading. These features make it easy for customers to find what they're looking for and make a purchase without struggling with the website's design.
Additionally, mobile-optimized websites load faster on mobile devices, which is essential since 53% of mobile users expect a website to load in less than four seconds.
A fast-loading website means customers aren't waiting long for the page to load and can quickly find what they're looking for.
As an eCommerce business, you know that security is essential. Any website that handles credit card information or other personal data must have a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate to encrypt the data and protect it from hackers.
Your customers will also expect payment gateways to be secure, ensuring that their financial information is safe.
Fortunately, all of the top eCommerce software packages include Impenetrable security features.
For example, Shopify includes a free SSL certificate for all stores, and its payment gateway is PCI compliant. This means that your store will be as secure as possible, and your customers can feel confident about making purchases.
An eCommerce platform is a software application that allows consumers and sellers to discover and shop for products, add items to a cart, and check out. It also provides the functionality for customers to purchase items, track orders, and manage their account information.
Sellers can use the platform to list their products, process payments, and manage their inventory.
There are a lot of eCommerce platforms to choose from, and it can be hard to determine which one will fulfill your business needs. Here is a list of some of the most popular eCommerce platforms and what they are best for:
1. BigCommerce – It is a great eCommerce platform for both new and established businesses.
2. Shopify – It is our top pick for small businesses.
3. Wix – It is our top pick for beginners.
4. Shift4Shop – It is a great eCommerce platform for business owners looking for a robust platform with plenty of features and tools.
5. Zyro – Zyro is a comprehensive eCommerce platform that's easy to use and perfect for startups and small businesses.
6. WooCommerce – Best eCommerce platform for WordPress websites.
7. Volusion – Best eCommerce platform for data lovers
8. Squarespace – It is one of the most accessible hosting and website-building software.
9. Nexcess StoreBuilder – It is an incredible shopping site builder that allows beginner business owners to feature their products beautifully.
10. Sellfy -This is an excellent e-commerce platform for creative professionals to sell digital products such as books, audio, videos, illustrations, photos, or music in digital files.
11. Selz – Selz is the most popular e-commerce platform for creating and managing online stores.
12. ShopBase – It is an all-in-one e-commerce platform for dropshipping, print-on-demand orders, and white labels.
13. Adobe Commerce – It is the best eCommerce Merchants in the Retail Industry.
14. Weebly – It is one of the largest and strongest site builders with extensive marketing campaigns.
The cost of eCommerce platforms can vary greatly depending on the features and services included in the subscription. Generally, subscriptions range from anywhere few dollars per month to several thousand dollars per month.
Some platforms charge a one-time set-up fee and a monthly subscription cost. Others offer free trials so businesses can test out the platform before committing to a subscription.
It's important to carefully review the features and services offered by different platforms to ensure the subscription meets the needs of your business.
Squarespace is one of the most accessible hosting and website-building eCommerce platforms. With Squarespace, you can create a professional website without any coding experience.
You can choose from various templates and designs and customize your website to fit your needs. Squarespace also offers a range of features, including built-in SEO, payment processing, and email marketing.
When it comes to creating online stores, Weebly is one of the best free eCommerce platforms. Its easy-to-use interface doesn't require any coding knowledge, so it's perfect for beginners.
It also offers a wide range of templates and themes that you can use to create your store. However, the free version of Weebly is limited in terms of features and customization options.
Choosing the Best eCommerce Platform to Launch Your Online Store
When you’re ready to start selling online, the first step is to choose the right eCommerce platform. A few different options are available, each having its benefits and drawbacks.
One popular option is to use a hosted eCommerce platform. The provider hosts this platform, so you don’t need to worry about setting up or maintaining your server. This can be an excellent option for small businesses that want to start selling quickly and easily.
Another option is to use an open-source platform like Adobe Commerce or WooCommerce. These two eCommerce platforms give you more flexibility in design and customization but require more setup and maintenance. They also allow you to sell unlimited products.
Beyond simply choosing the store builder for your needs, think about the offered business tools by the respective e-commerce platform. It is often profitable to use an effortlessly integrated ecosystem that consists of POS, your own online store, a small business lender, order fulfillment options, and a payment processor.
To help you shortlist the best options, I've compiled a list of the top five eCommerce platforms based on features, ease of use, and price:
For a better insight on how each of these platforms fare against each other, take a look at some of our comprehensive comparison guides where we compare some of the most powerful eCommerce platforms.
- BigCommerce vs Shopify
- Wix vs Squarespace
- Wix vs. Weebly
- Shopify vs. Squarespace
- WooCommerce vs. Shopify
- Shopify vs. Wix