How To Create An Inspiring Online Vision Board
Everyone has different goals that they want to achieve in various areas of their life.
It could be to live in a fancy home, becoming financially independent, learn a new skill, relocate to a new country, or change a bad habit.
However, identifying your goal is not enough. You need to understand what the goal means, how it will affect you, and how you can achieve it.
One helpful tool that can fully cater to your goals is a vision board. A vision board is a simple but effective way to keep you focused and motivated in the pursuit of your dreams.
The main idea behind a vision board is the visual reminders and inspirational materials on the board, which creates a physical representation of your goal, making it tangible and real.
Vision boards are becoming so popular that people now host vision board parties and are building vision board communities.
Creating a vision board is easier than you think. In this article, I’ll explain all the processes that you’ll need to create your own inspiring vision board and also some apps and websites that you can use to create your online vision board.
This may be your most important first step into living your dream life, so brace yourself.
Great! Let’s get started.
What is a Vision Board?
A vision board is a visualization tool that helps you set clear aspirations and goals for your life so that you can grow and transform yourself into what you have planned.
Some people may refer to a vision board as a dream board. However, they both hold the same meaning because they show you where you are now, where you are heading, and where you want to be in years.
A vision board is an actual physical representation of your goals and aspirations, and it’s one of the most valuable visualization tools available for anyone. The saying, “a picture is worth a thousand words,” definitely holds a lot of truth here.
In 2016, TD bank carried out a survey on 500 small business owners and 1,127 individuals in the United States to determine the impact of vision boards in achieving their goals. According to the survey, over 80% of business owners believed that vision boards helped them develop and achieve their business goals.
A vision board is an invaluable asset for personal goals, business goals and interpersonal goals.
You can create a vision board for a single goal or a series of goals. You can also make a vision board individually or with a trusted person.
Really, whatever goals you want to achieve and whatever your aspirations are, a vision board is a great instrument that can help you actualize them all.
Let’s look at these four striking reasons why having a vision board can be helpful.
A Vision Board Enables You to Focus on What You Really Want.
I’m sure you think about the things you want to achieve a lot, but how often do you focus on them?
A vision board offers you the opportunity to not only think about your goals and aspirations but also critically focus on them.
You have the time to reflect and adequately examine your goals and what you want to achieve from life.
At this point, certain things may begin to pull on you. Some others may become tiresome, and you begin to lose interest in them. You could even add some more goals to your list.
A Vision Board Helps You Become Flexible.
It’s not uncommon to limit yourself to your goals strictly. However, doing this can make you lose touch with your creative side.
Having a vision board provides an effective way for you to explore creative and random stuff rather than the generic stuff you are used to.
Doing this can afford you the opportunity to pick on some new ideas that will help you attain success.
A Vision Board Keeps You on Track.
You get to see the goals and aspirations you have set for yourself daily on your vision board.
What other form of reminder is better than this?
A vision board represents your goals with images and pictures, which help you passionately connect with them and strengthen your mind because the mind responds quickly to visual stimulation.
So, even when you face a setback, you already have a strong will built from the daily visualization of your goals.
A Vision Board Helps You Have Fun While Trying to be Successful.
Success to many people might mean working hard, and while that is true, a vision board provides a fun and stress-free way of working hard and achieving your goals.
Right there on the vision board, you can offload all your deepest and rawest inspirations without any judgments.
You also don’t have to organize or beautify your boards. Just have fun with putting the pictures up, changing them, and doing whatever feels right to you.
Why Vision Boards Work
The human mind is like a machine, equipped towards making you successful with every action you take. But how often do you utilize the full potential of your mind?
A vision board ensures that you exercise your mind regularly, which will give you a clear picture of what you really want, help you create a more vivid vision of how you can easily achieve your goals and aspirations, help you become successful, and make you live an abundant life.
Who wouldn’t want to live an abundant life?
There are three significant factors that make vision boards work. Let’s look at them.
Visualization is almost as powerful as performing an action.
An exercise psychologist compared people who went to the gym to exercise with those that carried out the exercise in their mind.
The result showed a 30% increase in the muscle mass of people who went to the gym to exercise and an unbelievable 13.5% increase in the muscle mass of people who carried out the exercise in their minds.
If Visualization is that powerful, what better way to think positively about your goals and dreams than to have a visual representation of them?
Vision boards take your goals, dreams, and aspirations and turn them into something real and tangible. So this way, your mind trains your body for that reality, and you become motivated to achieve all that you have imagined.
Creating your own vision board helps you become specific in choosing what goals are important and worthy enough of you. The limited space on the board also allows you to only focus on your most important goals and desires.
Right on your vision board, you can see your choices and improve on them.
For instance, you can decide to put a picture of your dream home on the vision board. You can either represent it with one photo or a collage of different images you want in your home.
These choices are placed right in front of you, and you may even make changes to the home by removing whatever you lose interest in and replacing it with your new interest.
This simple decision-making process sends you an obvious message of how you want your life to be and sends the universe a personalized message about your life.
Consistent brand presentation increases a brand's revenue by an average of 23%.
That’s how powerful consistency is, and creating vision boards afford you the chance to apply consistency in achieving your goals.
Constantly looking at your goals and aspirations every day allows you to visualize them consistently. That will help train your mind and body to accept that reality and manifest your desires.
If you have a burning desire to achieve your goals and aspirations or perhaps you are unclear about what you want in life, then creating a clear vision board is necessary.
Let’s look at the easy steps involved in creating your own vision board.
Step 1: Plan Your Vision Board
Time and time again, vision boards have proven to be a very useful tool in goal achievements.
However, getting your vision board ready doesn't just happen out of the blues. They work for you when you work for them.
So, you should plan and ensure that everything you need for your vision board is ready before you start designing.
Here's how you can perfectly plan your vision board.
Define Your Goals
The first step in planning your vision board is to define your goals. You may be clear about your next steps in life, but you should also have a clearer definition of what they are, how to achieve them, and how it will affect other areas of your life.
Wondering how important defining your goal is? Let's see the reasons below.
- It gives you the clarity of what you want for your life.
- It helps you understand why you want the goals.
- It motivates you to work hard to achieve your goals.
- It gives you the confidence you need to achieve even the most tasking aspect of your goal.
I've outlined three strategic steps that can help you define your goals easily. Let's look at them.
Visit Your Previous Successes
You will need some form of a reminder that you can achieve anything you set your mind to. Here's where your past achievements will come in handy (everyone has one).
Think about any successes you have had in the past, the process it took you to get there, and how you felt.
That's the first step, and it's a very important step because it will help stir up your confidence, keep you motivated, and even help you dream bigger as you continue to define your goals.
Brainstorm Your Goals
It's not unusual for you to switch directions and change your goals. However, the disadvantage of doing this is that you'll make no progress at all.
Think of it like baking bread but using a bad yeast. So, each time you add the yeast, and it doesn't rise, you have to start mixing the ingredients all over.
Brainstorming your goals is more than just listing the goals and aspirations you have for your life. You have to get a clearer picture of what you want because that will guide you into becoming who you want to be.
While brainstorming your goals, answer these questions in the image alongside.
Please, don't be in a hurry to answer all these questions immediately. Take your time to brainstorm and give the correct answer to each of the questions.
Build an Action Plan
So, you have discovered what your goal is. It's time to build a plan that you can work with.
One way to do that is to divide your goals into long term and short term goals.
For instance, if your goal is to start making money from YouTube, that will be your long term goal, and the short term goal will be the steps you'll need to achieve the goal such as determining the type of content you want to put out on your YouTube channel, opening the YouTube channel, and monetizing the channel.
When defining your goals, it will be best if you accompany it with a journal. Writing down your goals and aspirations will help you keep your thoughts together and allow you to self-reflect on your decisions.
Source for Your Inspirational Materials
Don't expect to find everything that inspires you at once. You will be doing this for a while, so here are places where you can find materials that can inspire you.
- Magazines and Newspapers: These are great places to find quotes, images, and sayings relevant to your goals and aspirations. If you are not a magazine reader, you can ask friends to give you anyone they no longer need. You can also get some from any local thrift store near you. They usually cost a dollar or two.
- Internet: The internet has been a center of information since 1983. More than half of the world is connected to the internet, which means that you can get an unlimited supply of perfect pictures, quotes, and sayings that represent your goals and dreams.
You can find them on platforms like Google, Pinterest, Instagram, Medium, and Twitter. You can also find interesting quotes and sayings by some of your favorite people on their websites and blog pages.
- Messages from family and friends: If you have any messages from your family or your friends that have stuck with you, then you should consider pinning it on your board. If the message was sent via an electronic means, then you could write it down on a piece of paper and pin it on your board when ready.
You can create a folder, either digital or physical, to save all your inspirational materials for easy reach when you start designing your dream board.
Include Daily Affirmations
It is possible to get discouraged at some point. We all have that voice in our head that tells us why we can't or shouldn't achieve our goals.
Friends and family may also tell you how your goal doesn't suit you and how difficult it may be to achieve them.
That's why you need to include reciting affirmative statements every time you look at your board to keep your positive energy going.
Affirmations influence your subconscious mind to access positive beliefs and boost your self-confidence. However, stick to short affirmative statements because the longer ones may be difficult to remember.
See the image below for some examples of daily affirmations.
Place Your Vision Boards Where You Can See Them Everyday
One of the benefits a vision board offers is that it allows you to visualize your goals and aspirations.
So, you must place your vision board where you can see it every day.
Here's how you can achieve this.
- Determine what time of the day works best for you to review your vision board. I'll suggest either early in the morning or late at night before you sleep. However, you may decide to review your vision board more than once a day. Just make sure that you don't set unrealistic targets and overwhelm yourself.
- Having this time frame in mind, make a list of the parts of your home that you go to every day.
- Then select the places that are most appropriate to have a vision board in. For example, having your vision board in your bathroom may not be the perfect idea because of damages that can be caused by water.
Last word on planning your vision board
In planning your vision board, you have to give room for patience.
Surely, a vision board helps you achieve your goals, but it doesn't just start immediately you place the last picture or quote on the board. Investing time into your vision board will ensure that it works for you.
Be patient with your journey, and don't put a limit to your dreams and aspirations.
You should also be deliberate about reaching your goals. If you plan on reviewing your vision board in the morning or at night or both, ensure that you stay true to it.
When you start missing out on your time, your zeal begins to drop, and before you know it, you are back to the point where you were before you started designing the online vision board.
Step 2: Design Your Dream Board
The design of your online dream board is just as important as your goals. Your dream board should contain as much energy, motivation, and positivity you need to reach your goals. It should also be something that you’ll always notice and can easily make sense of.
Let’s see how you can design your dream board perfectly.
Select the Right Quotes, Images, and Sayings
Your dream board reflects who you are and how you want your future to look like. Therefore, you must choose the right quotes and images relevant to what you want.
Whatever you put on your dream board should include the result you are aiming for, steps that can lead you there, and even your present state.
For instance, if your goal is to become a high-paying brand ambassador, you can have a picture of your role model in that aspect, quotes and sayings that can encourage you to continue working hard, pictures of brands you'll love to work with, and a picture of your present state pinned on your dream board.
Get the Items You’ll Need for Your Vision Board
Dream boards are easy and simple to create. Let’s look at the items that you’ll need.
However, note that this is just a general list. Your dream board can have other personal items of your choice, which are not listed here.
- Board: I’ll advise you to choose a soft board like a corkboard or a poster board that is not only affordable but keeps tape on long enough and allows pins to go through easily.
- Craft Supplies: These are materials that you need to fix your board together. Examples include scissors, pins, glue sticks, stapler and staple pins, tape, fun, markers, stickers, and whatever excites you.
- Inspirational Materials: This is an important part of your vision board. Gather all the materials that inspire you and which you’ll like to look at every day. They could be photos, images, quotes, sayings of famous people or your mentors, inspirational note cards from family and friends, and just about anything that inspires you.
Position the Materials Properly
After getting the materials, you will have to place them properly. It’s a very easy process, and here’s how you can achieve it.
- Fix the mood of the room: You will be using a lot of mental energy and articulating your thoughts, so ensure that the mood of the room is perfect. Clear the room, turn off any distraction, and turn on some inspiring music.
- Cut out your inspirational stuff: You can decide to cut up the quotes, images, or saying from magazines into different shapes and sizes. After cutting them, lay everything out to properly determine how you want them to be placed on the board. You can even arrange them on the board without gluing them to get an idea of what you are doing.
- Place your inspirational materials on the board: Personally, I like to leave space in between each item so that the board doesn’t look so jam packed and untidy. But if you love to see the images and pictures overlap each other, then you can huddle them together. Whatever your choices are, the vision board should feel personal and express everything about you in it.
- Give yourself time: Don’t expect to get everything right at that moment. Even after laying the images and planning out the pattern you want the images to appear on the board, you may still get some things wrong or even change your mind. It’s perfectly okay. Give yourself some hours to fix your board together.
- Have fun: Although mapping out your goals and aspirations is an important aspect of your life, you can make it a remarkable one. Relax and have fun aligning your goals and aspirations together. Sip drinks, chew on a fruit or snack. If you are socially active, host a vision board party. When you include fun into designing your dream board, you will subconsciously look forward to re-designing your dream board or designing other dream boards.
Personalize Your Dream Board
The way you arrange your board will reflect the type of person you are.
If you are a free-spirited person, your dream board will portray a garbled affair of images and quotes that suit your needs.
If you are a detail-oriented person, you will probably pay so much attention to details such as the shape of the images, color coordination, and pattern arrangement of your stuff on the board.
However, you can further personalize your board by doing the following.
Take photos of yourself in any memorable place relevant to your goals and pin it on the board.
For instance, if you are designing a board for your dream to own a profitable online store, make someone take a picture of you with the items you want to sell and pin it on your board.
Include a relevant achievement or disappointment you have had in the pursuit of your goals. For instance, you may pin the welcome message or rejection message you got from the platform you wish to sell on your board.
Take a photo of your progress and pin them on your board. If you have finalized your store registration process, bought or made the items you want to sell in your store, or even had your first customer, take a photo and pin them on your dream board.
Step 3: Best Online Vision Board Apps and Websites
The scarcity of materials, time constraints, and lack of storage space may cause the creation of a traditional vision board impossible.
However, an online vision board, created via a website or an app can serve as a more practical and reliable solution.
There are several tools that you can use to create your vision board online.
But, unlike the traditional vision board, where you are in control and can physically pin your ideas and goals without any restrictions, the same cannot be said for online vision boards.
Let’s look at the four main factors to consider when choosing your online vision board platform.
- Unlimited customization options: Because of your limitation to full control over any online vision board platform, a good platform should provide a wide range of options that will allow you to design, edit and customize your board to your taste.
- Wide range of choices: A good online vision board platform should have numerous images, quotes, and other vision board materials available for use. Even though you may already have some materials, opt for a platform that provides you more materials that can help you stay motivated.
- Easy to use: You are trying to create an online vision board, not find the answer to a complex quadratic equation. So, the online vision board platform should be straightforward such that you can easily find your way around it and create your vision board with ease.
- High-level Security: As much as you may want to share your goals and aspirations with close friends and family, choosing to make your vision board public should be your personal decision. A good online vision board platform will keep your goals secured and private by providing security related questions before the vision board can be accessed.
Here’s a list of the best online vision board apps and websites.
Best Overall Vision Board Platform for Personal and Business Related Uses.
Canva is our top recommendation for online vision board platforms. Many people use Canva to handle all their basic design needs. However, you can also use it to create the most appealing Vision board with ease.
Canva is a drag and drop design website that you can use to create almost anything you want, and it has an easy to use user interface that can be navigated by both beginners and experts.
It has tons of templates that you can use and tweak. You can also build your template from the scratch to suit your needs.
One of the most exciting things about Canva is the endless amount of resources it offers. You can get great images to help create your vision board.
You can choose the kind of design you want to make and pick a template among the thousands of templates available on the platform. After that, you can add whatever you need, such as stickers, images, and quotes.
Typing the word “vision board template” in the search bar will give you access to thousands of vision boards which you can edit directly to your taste or get ideas from to create your own vision board.
Canva is free, and you can use it on any device. It has a website and dedicated apps for both iOS and Android operating systems.
However, it also has a premium version that provides access to some locked features like resizing a template’s original size, downloading with transparent background, and using some Canva owned images and fonts. It costs $12.95 monthly for the Pro plan and $30 monthly for the Business plan.
All-round Functional Online Vision Board Platform and Community Builder.
DreamItAlive is a web-based design platform whose sole aim is building vision boards. Since the website is all about vision boards, it offers many resources and opportunities, making it versatile and easily dependable.
DreamItAlive provides the option of creating a fund account for your dreams. Isn’t that amazing? If people believe in your dream, they have the option of contributing to it.
They also have a vision board community. Consider it the Facebook or Instagram for anyone willing to create vision boards and share their dreams with others.
DreamItAlive offers all its services for free, and you can access your vision boards on any device from anywhere in the world.
Most Preferred Online Vision Board Platform with Cloud Storage Option.
PicMonkey offers numerous options for you to choose from to create your perfect vision board.
It has templates specific for creating vision boards, and you can customize your photos or quotes to suit your template’s theme with its filter and effects feature. You can also print out your vision board and place it in a prominent spot where you can see it daily and reflect on it.
PicMonkey provides cloud storage so that you can access your vision board anywhere you are. It offers a 7-day free trial after which you will have to purchase any of its plans to continue accessing the platform. The Basic plan cost $7.99, the Pro plan costs $12.99, and the Business plan cost $33.99 monthly.
Most Preferred Online Vision Board Platform with Unique Features.
Like DreamItAlive, Visuapp is also fully dedicated to creating your vision board, and it takes the whole vision board game to another level with some of its unique features.
It allows you to create a limitless number of dreams, edit your dream, add an affirmation, and categorize your dream. You can also choose the picture you want to use for each dream, set reminders for viewing your dream boards, and share your dreams with friends on other platforms.
One of the most exciting features of this app is that it allows you to watch your dream. Yes! You can literally watch your dream like a video presentation with serene music playing in the background.
Visuapp has a free version and an amazing feature called the Feng-Shui board that allows you to create up to 9 vision boards representing important aspects of your life such as money, fame, relationship, family, health, creativity, knowledge, career, and travel. The app is available for both Android and iOS devices.
Most Popular Online Vision Board Platform and Inspirational Ideas Platform All in One.
Pinterest is a free social media platform that runs based on personal interest and is very versatile.
Many people use Pinterest to share different content on different topics and issues, making it a perfect place to get inspirational materials for your vision board. However, it also offers an opportunity for you to create your own vision board.
Pinterest offers an unlimited creation of boards for any area of your life. You can also select pins, which could be images, quotes, or even videos representing your goals, and attach them to your board. You can make this visible to everyone or make it personal.
The app works on both android and iOS devices and can also be accessed directly via their website.
Most Versatile Online Vision Board Platform for Beginners.
Like Canva, Desygner is another web-based design platform you can use to create a great vision board. It is basically a drag and drop design application and offers tons of templates for vision boards.
It also provides a library of limitless images that you can use to design your vision board. However, if you have a favorite image outside the platform, you can import them and attach them to your board.
You can add text to your vision board using the numerous fonts available, edit your vision board, and also share your vision board with friends and save it on your device.
Although Desygner is free, it has premium versions that offer more features. The pro plan at $4.95 monthly offers over 500,000 free shutterstock images, locked templates, and allows you to use a scheduling app for all your activities. The Business plan on the other hand is totally customizable and your choices will determine your monthly charges.
7. Corkulous Professional
Best Conventional Online Vision Board Platform for iOS and macOS Devices.
Corkulous professional is a platform where you can gather your thoughts and ideas. However, it perfectly serves the purpose of a vision board building. That’s because you can post images, stickers, and text on the board. You can also arrange them and tilt them to mimic the look of a handmade vision board.
Unlike most platforms that do not provide the option for your vision board to look traditional, Corkulous Professional can give you that old school hand made feel with features like cut-out magazines and newspapers.
Corkulous Professional is available on the macOS and iOS devices.
8. Design Wizard
Most Preferred Online Vision Board Platform for its Simplicity and Ease of Use.
Design wizard is an online drag and drop design website that you can use to create the perfect vision board for yourself.
It offers tons of templates and images, illustrations, graphics, and more that you can use to achieve the perfect vision board. You can also personalize your vision board to suit your taste. The user interface is straightforward and easy to use.
This platform is only available as a website and offers three types of plans to its users. The Basic plan is free but you'll have to pay for image and video download everytime you need one. The pro plan at $9.99 monthly offers you 60 image downloads free with up to 1GB storage. The Business plan at $49.99 monthly offers unlimited image download with up to 10GB storage and video upload.
Step 4: How to Use Your Vision Board to Reach Your Goals
Owning a vision board is great, but there are other tactical ways you can maximize the benefits of your vision board to reach your goal.
Let’s look at the ways you can achieve that.
Use a Journal Alongside Your Vision Board
Have you considered journaling your goals and aspirations?
Visualization is an important facet of a vision board that can help you reach your goal. However, pairing your vision board with a journal is just like that sauce that you never knew would taste so good with your fries.
When some adults had a biopsy on their arms for research purposes, 76% of the group that journaled their thoughts healed perfectly in less than 12 days.
What does this mean?
Journaling your goals and aspirations helps you stay focused and provides you with an actionable plan.
A journal will simplify the steps involved in achieving your goals so that you don’t get overwhelmed by the bigger picture, making it easier for you to track your progress.
Here’s how to use your journal.
- Research and find out the necessary steps you need to take to reach your goal and write them in the right order that they need to be achieved. For instance, if you want to open an Etsy online store, you should write down a list of the steps you’ll need to take in the correct order, like determining what you want to sell, registering your account, naming your store, and listing your items in your store.
- Create a sub-list for all the requirements of each of the steps. So, if you want to create a sub-list for that example above, here’s what it will look like.
- Determine what you want to sell: For a store like Etsy, you can only sell handmade crafts and vintage. So, if you have other regular items, you may consider selling them on other eCommerce platforms.
- Register your account: You should open a business email address and create a strong password.
- Name your store: Craft out a good business name that tells people what your business is about immediately they see the name.
- List your items: Items are listed on Etsy, and for each listing, you will pay a sum of. It’s different for other eCommerce platforms. So, determine how many items you want to be listed in your sore and calculate the cost.
- With every step that you achieve, celebrate it. Write a little note about it in your journal. You may also get stickers and place on every step you have achieved.
Since all these steps are in your journal, you should also consider putting something that represents all these steps on your vision board. It could be a piece of paper with a little inscription on it or an image, whatever feels right to you.
Use Other Materials that are not Paper
Most vision boards consist of a collage of images and cut-out papers containing quotes and sayings.
These materials are an important part of a vision board, but you can also consider using non-paper items to represent your goals and aspirations.
For instance, if your goal is to build your dream house, you may pin the leaf of the type of grass you want on your yard or the material you like for your home décor.
You may also paint a random clothing material with the color and type of paint you will like in your house and then pin it on your board.
Whatever you can add on your board that will provide a sense of touch and feels is welcomed as it will help you maintain your interest and remain focused as you work to reach your goals.
Draw Your Dreams
There are times when you may not find the perfect representation of your goals or dreams?
In those times, you should bring out your creative side and draw them out.
You could draw or paint on a separate piece of paper and pin it on your board, or you could draw or paint directly on your board.
Even if you aren’t handy with a pencil or paintbrush, you shouldn’t let that stop you from drawing what you have imagined about your future.
That’s your personal board, so be free to express yourself. It may not be the perfect drawing or painting, but you understand what it means, and that’s all that matters.
Drawing out your dreams and goals adds reality to it. That means you know what you want and you are motivated to achieve it.
Trigger Your Sense of smell
Normally, vision boards maximize your sense of sight in helping you reach your goals. You see your goals daily, and so you’re able to visualize them just as you’d want your future to be.
But do you know that you can also explore the benefit of your sense of smell to reach your goals?
The sense of smell is the third most important sense of all the five senses, and we are most likely to remember 35% of whatever we smell.
That’s why involving your sense of smell with your vision board will help your goals become real, tangible, and achievable.
For instance, if owning a bakery is one of your goals, you can include a cinnamon stick to your board.
You can also consider adding smells that you love even though they are not particularly related to your goals. You could add a splash of your favorite essential oil onto the leaf of the grass you want in your dream home or any surface at all and pin it on your board.
Track Your Progress
Write the date you started using your vision board and your location on the back of the board.
That way, when you go back to it for reference, you can always remember where you were, what you were doing at that time, and the emotions you felt.
It’s a great way to evaluate the analogy between “where you were then” and “Where you are now.”
Listen to Your Feelings
How you feel when you look at the image representation of your goals on your board will help you determine if it’s the right path you should be taking.
If you are having the slightest feeling of doubt about any of the images there, then you should strictly evaluate your goals and replace the image if needed.
For instance, if your goal is to launch a 6-figure online course, you can pin a picture of your module arrangement on the board.
However, if you start having any feeling of doubts when you look at the picture of your module arrangement, evaluate your goals, and ask yourself some important questions relevant to your goals such as:
- Are the courses too large?
- Is the timeframe unattainable?
- Am I really ready to teach these courses?
Once you have evaluated your goals, get rid of the pictures, and replace them with images or items that represent your recent decisions about the goal.
You may also change your mind about that goal. That’s okay too. However, make sure that you properly think about your new goal before placing it on your board.
Inspiring Vision Board Ideas and Examples to Achieve Your Goals
Creating a vision board helps you clarify your goals and shape your mind into something that will stay long with you even after the board comes down.
However, the ideas on your vision board must sync with your goals and keep you motivated as you reach for your goals.
If you’re wondering what inspiring idea to incorporate into your vision board to help you achieve your goals, I’ve outlined them below. Let’s look at them.
Words have a way of impacting your thoughts and actions. It can motivate or demoralize you and can also represent the experiences you dream to have.
They are that important!
The ability of words to describe feelings makes it a good vision board idea that can inspire you to achieve your goals.
You can search in magazines, newspapers, newsletters, and brochures for words that describe your goals and aspirations, a character you would love to develop, a place you want to be, or a feeling you want to experience. When you find them, cut them out and store them.
You can alternatively search for words digitally. More than five billion people have a digital presence, so you are sure to find words relevant to your goals there.
When you find the words, write them down boldly on cut papers or print them out. Some famous words on most vision boards include joy, happiness, money, love, and peace.
Personal affirmations are statements you write for yourself. They are powerful vision board ideas used to break mental limits or change one’s perspective about a particular subject.
Personal affirmations improve the neuropsychological functions of the human brain and keep the mind ready for improvement. It also helps to reduce stress, anxiety, and unhealthy defensiveness.
When writing your personal affirmations, use statements that start with the phrase “I am…” because such statements positively challenge your limiting ideologies concerning different areas of life like money, career, relationship, health, and education.
Whatever affirmations you come up with should stretch your expectations beyond your present possibilities.
A simple hack to writing personal affirmations is to think of encouraging words you can say to someone else in your shoes at that particular time. When you’ve thought of the words, make them yours.
If you don’t want to use art paintings or doodles, pictures are an excellent alternative. However, you can use them both if you like.
Pictures are naturally appealing. This is possible because of the visualization factor which is the major idea behind pictures. So, your vision board should have pictures that can communicate what you want to feel.
A photo of a happy face can represent feelings such as gratitude and jubilation. It can also include pictures of successful individuals in line with your goal.
Your imaginations can come to life on your vision board when you search for pictures similar to them, and that’s a good motivation agent towards achieving the goals you’ve imagined.
For instance, you could look for the picture of a place or country you’d like to visit, or food you’d like to eat after you have successfully achieved your goal.
Pictures of different activities you want to engage in, such as judo classes and fitness exercises, can also be added to your vision board. You can cut out these pictures from magazines or old newspapers.
Though you may not have written your favorite quote, its impact on your mind is limitless.
A good quote on your vision board will either form a new mindset in your head or help you express an experience or idea you value or want to have.
You can get quotes from novels, your role models, poems, songs, tutors, or TV shows. You can cut them out, print them from your computer, or just write them down on paper.
Whichever source the quotes come from, they should embody accurate and deep-felt thoughts that express the goals or experience.
Loose Sketches or Artworks
Artworks have a way of passing messages across to whoever is keen to glance at it.
However, artworks you created yourself will better pass inspiring messages to push you towards what you want to achieve.
Your art doesn’t need to be the ‘Louvre’ standard before it makes the cut for a vision board. That’s your vision board, and no one is going to grade you or your art.
You can easily use doodles or loose sketches to represent your goal. You can also tweak your creativity a bit and doodle your personal affirmations or your favorite quote.
You can make sketches of your future plans, or you can alternatively use colors to represent your thoughts and expectations without paying much attention to the form.
Lists can help you outline your goals into practical steps and your vision board becomes a journey of fun as you achieve each step.
When you accomplish the outlined plans on your list, the thrill of fulfillment can inspire you to continue executing other plans or even start a new vision board list.
Your vision board list can contain who and what you need to be grateful about, songs which inspire you, courses you want to take, places you want to take vacation trips to, and books you want to read, which are important towards achieving your goals.
The more vibrant and attractive your list appears on the vision board, the more appealing your goals appear. There are no rules for this. You can use colors, stylish fonts, or whatever suits your needs on your board!
Underneath every goal lies a root intention. Reminding yourself why the goal is essential is a good way to inspire yourself to succeed at that goal.
For instance, the intention behind your goal of starting a podcast can be to become a high-earning podcaster or to educate people about a particular subject. Whatever it is, you can creatively include the intentions physically on your vision board.
One creative idea is to form a table for your intentions and the steps you’ll take to achieve them.
So, becoming a high-earning podcaster, which is the intention behind your goals, will be written in the row of the table.
Then, you can outline the steps involved in making those intentions a reality in the columns.
Another creative way to place your intentions and goals on your vision board is to make a tree with them. Your intentions can serve as the roots, the steps involved in achieving the goal can be the trunk, and your goals can be the leaves.
Creative, isn’t it?
Seeing this daily will inspire you to achieve your goals while also having fun going about it.
Souvenirs and Gifts
Souvenirs and gifts are powerful motivational tools towards achieving your goal. They are also excellent reminders of your positive relationships, associations, and achievements.
If you have gifts or souvenirs associated with your goal, you can attach it to your vision board. If the gift is large and cannot be pinned directly on the board, you can take a picture of the gift and print it out.
Only make sure to use objects that give you strong emotions towards achieving your goal.
Although I’ve outlined the ways you can use a vision board to reach your goal, here are some examples that can help you understand how to use a vision board better and get your creative juices flowing.
- This vision board is made up of quotes that elicit feelings of strong determination, persistence, self-confidence, and responsibility for someone looking to inspire virtually every area of their life.
- This vision board is quite simple and straight to the point. Visualizing the images on this board and the message attached to it helps you make precise decisions.
- This vision board uses pictures, words, and art to express the desires of personal growth and new beginnings.
- This is a personal vision board as different life areas are represented here, such as health, relationship, travel, and education. Words and images explicitly express the feelings of personal improvement.
- This vision board was created on an online vision board platform. Photos of yoga positions and health quotes are used to express the desire to live healthily.
More inspiring vision board examples.
- If you want to optimize your sales funnel, you can print out your favorite sales funnel template.
- If you plan on becoming a high-paid blogger, you can take a picture of you sitting with a computer or an image of the niche you want to focus on.
- If you’d like to get married, get a picture of your favorite wedding venue or honeymoon location, and photoshop yourself in it.
- If you’d like to grow your website massively, keywords such as SEO, Traffic, Advertisements, Catchy headlines, and Guest blogging can be useful reminders.
- If you want to change a bad habit, photoshop a very large danger sign on a picture of the habit you want to change.
- If you want to start yoga, put up a picture of you in your favorite yoga position even though you may not get the position perfectly. Then update the picture with a new picture of your next attempt at the yoga position.
- If you want to make money on Instagram, include pictures of brands you’d love to work with or make a list of content you’d like to monetize on the platform.
- If you are looking to get a promotion at work, you can draft out your letter of promotion on your company’s letter headed paper.
- If you want to learn to swim, have someone take a picture of you in your favorite swimwear, close to a pool.
- If you want to grow your Facebook audience, make a table. Place the strategies you want to take to achieve this in the row and follow the steps to make the strategies a reality in the column. You can also use colors to make them appealing.
- If you want to get certified in a particular skill, you can print out the certification body’s logo with the word “Certified” below it. For instance, if you want to get a Network certification, the printout can read “CCNA certified.”
- Suppose you want to be a kinder person. In that case, you can have words and phrases that remind you about the benefit of kindness, such as “kindness lowers stress,” “kindness gets rid of negative emotions,” and “kindness increases life satisfaction.”
- Suppose you want to be a kinder person. In that case, you can have words and phrases that remind you about the benefit of kindness, such as “kindness lowers stress,” “kindness gets rid of negative emotions,” and “kindness increases life satisfaction.”
- If you want to build your personal brand, you can have pictures or words representing your niche, problem you want to solve, and people you look up to in your niche.
- If your goal is to pay all your debts, boldly indicate who the debtors are on a piece of paper using a red color. For every debt you settle, rewrite the name using a green color.
- If your goal is to finish a book or a series of books, make a list of the book’s chapters. After you finish each chapter, strike it out on your list.
- If you want to build your website, you can print out a picture of your favorite website theme and attach strong words you want your website to be known for.
- If you want to declutter your house, put up a picture of your house’s present state. Right next to it, put up another picture that represents your desires about your house.
- If you want to play the piano, you can write down your intentions and every other peculiar experience you had related to your goal. Ensure to keep it brief and write boldly.
- If you’d like to get in shape, include pictures of steps that you’ll need to take to achieve that body such as a picture of a gym, and a picture of healthy looking food.
- If you want to shape your mind to think like an entrepreneur, include images of how you imagine your life once you achieve your goal or a picture of what you want to be known for.
- If you want to impact or help someone, put up a picture of the situation you want to change or the person you want to help.
- If you’d like to own a home someday, take a picture of your favorite interior décor, furniture, painting or type of house.
- If you’d like to improve your leadership skills, include words such as Integrity, Decision making, Accountability, Resilience, Communication, and Humility on your vision board which can serve as reminders for the bigger picture ahead.
- Are you looking to publish a book and become a bestselling author? You can print the book’s front cover or something that represents the book and put a bestseller badge below it.
Online Vision Board FAQ
Using a vision board for goal setting is achievable because of the visualization benefit that a vision board offers. These benefits include helping you activate your creative minds and keeping you motivated and focused on the bigger picture.
Therefore, you should ensure that you place the vision board where you can view it often throughout the day. Remember to always look at it every day during the times that work best for you. That will give you a daily fresh reminder of the goals at hand.
You can also add other practices alongside your daily visualization practice like journaling, paying attention to the way you feel about your goals, and using your other senses, such as smell and touch.
Doing this will help you engage with your vision board closely, which will, in turn, guide your actions and progress toward attaining unlimited prosperity and a successful reality just as you have envisioned.
Anything going on your vision board should inspire and motivate you because the purpose of a vision board is to prompt you to take steps that will help you achieve your goals.
However, before you think about putting anything on your vision board, you must first discover your goal. There are a lot of things that you may not have noticed about your goal until you think critically about them.
When you find out your goals, you can then find the materials that represent your goals and motivate you to be better.
Material ideas can include handwriting your goal or favorite quotes on a paper, getting images that represent your goals and steps that you’ll take to reach the goal, and whatever interests you.
It could be confusing if you mingle different goals together, say your business goal and your health goal, on the same vision board. So, you should ensure that you focus on a goal solely on one vision board.
If you have more than one goal, you can create many vision boards for different areas of your life. Here’s how you can achieve that.
First, discover what your goals are in the different areas of your life. These areas could include career, money, health, relationship, travel, personal growth (including spirituality and social life), and education.
After discovering the goals, choose the ones you want to focus on. You can create two to three vision boards for your goals in the different areas of your life. Some people may even be able to focus on more than three vision boards.
However, avoid creating a vision board for all the areas of your life at once. That’s because focusing on every area of your life at once could become overwhelming and may cause you to lose concentration and neglect all your hard work.
There are so many other celebrities and entrepreneurs that have used and are still using vision boards.
When Barack Obama was contesting for the 2009 United States election, Oprah Winfrey, one of his outspoken supporters, created a vision board for her goal of supporting him to win the election.
Just beside his picture pinned on the vision board was a picture of a dress she had planned to wear to his inauguration ceremony. A few months later, he won the election and also the one after that.
Katy Perry discovered a vision board when she was only nine years old. She had always wanted to win a Grammy Award someday, and so she pinned a photo of Selena Quintanilla holding her Grammy Award on her board. Fifteen years later, Katy Perry was nominated for a Grammy Award.
Other celebrities and entrepreneurs, including Steve Harvey, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Ellen Degeneres, and Beyonce, have all had something great to say about their experience using a vision board.
Like them, you can also achieve whatever your goal is. These celebrities and entrepreneurs do not have any special powers. They only utilized the power of visualization.
Creating a vision board is a straightforward and determined way to achieve the goals that you have set for yourself. You will have to define your goals, draft out your plan, and start working.
As you define your goals and draft out the actionable plans for your goal, you may have some concerns about your plans. Even the images or quotes you pinned to your board may not make sense to you after some time, or you may feel the need to add more items.
You can decide to update these changes on the board as the need arises. However, you can also do a general update weekly or monthly to reflect on all the items on the board and check if you are still in line with them.
I’ll advise you to leave blank spaces on your board when designing to provide room for new things (because there will definitely be new things coming to the board).
Essentially, a vision journal is a representation of your goals with handwritten texts and other forms of materials.
Here are some benefits that a vision journal offers.
– A vision journal helps you to clarify the vision you have for different areas of your life.
– A vision journal helps you to keep track of your progress.
– A vision journal helps you to become more aware of your strengths and weaknesses.
– A vision journal keeps you accountable for completing every step to achieve your goal.
There’s something different about writing with your hand rather than typing. Once you have written on a page, it stays on the page and on your mind. So, you are constantly reminded, even by your subconscious, about achieving your goals and living your reality.
Vision board and vision journal are quite the same because they help you stay focused on achieving your goal. They contain nearly the same content.
The only difference is that you can carry a vision journal anywhere with you, while a vision board will have to remain where you have placed it.
Visualization is the formation of a mental image of something. When we visualize an action, we stimulate the same brain region activated when we perform an action.
For example, if your goal is to become a high-earning blogger, and then you visualize signing up on a blogging platform, it stimulates the same part of the brain that is activated when you actually sign up on the blogging platform.
That’s why you can stay motivated and confident about your goals because your brain is convinced that you are actually performing the action.
Visualization also triggers the law of attraction because once you begin to think about your goals, you begin to manifest various pleasant experiences related to your goals.
Manifest Your Dream Life with Vision Board
Vision boards have an immense ability to keep you focused and motivate you to achieve your goals.
However, a vision board is only as beneficial as the work you are willing to put into it.
Here’s a recap of the steps involved in creating your own vision board.
- Plan your vision board by clearly defining your goals, sourcing for your inspirational material, reciting daily affirmative statements, and determining the perfect location for the board where you can see it daily.
- Design your vision board by selecting the right quotes and images, getting the items for creating your vision board ready, positioning the materials properly on your board, and organizing the vision board to reflect who you are.
- Use your vision board to reach your goal by pairing your vision board with a journal, using materials other than paper on your board, triggering your sense of smell, drawing your dreams, tracking your progress, and paying close attention to your feelings.
You have also seen the best online vision apps and websites and inspiring ideas and examples that you can use to create your vision board and reach your goal.
All you need to do now is put into practice all these steps you have learned and create your own vision board.
Although you will need to put a lot of time and effort into your vision board creation, creating a vision board is not difficult. So, let go of fear and start thinking of your past achievements as you begin the process of creating your vision board.