33 Best Small Business Apps to Manage Your Daily Operations
Whether you have been running your business for a few years or have just started it, you’re always looking for ways to streamline your daily operations. Here we have reviewed the best small business apps with our top 5 choices.
Small business apps are easy to use, affordable compared to enterprise software and tools, and help scale your business. These apps offer business owners everything from a daily task workload manager to web-based accounting software.
With tons of services in the market, it might be difficult for you to choose the best one. The small business apps mentioned in our review are the best and have unique features that set them apart from others.
Best Small Business Apps for Project Management and Organization
Best Small Business Platform with Customizable Visual Tables
- Easy Onboarding: Monday.com is easy-to-use with an intuitive dashboard, requiring no training. You can choose from more than 200 pre-built templates and create your workflow within minutes.
- Multiple Views: Transform your data the way you like with Kanban, Gantt, Calendar, Timeline, Map, Form, and Workload views.
- Customizable Visual Tables: Customize your business’s workflow by creating super visual tables. With more than 30 customizable column types, you can create tables with a simple drag-and-drop option with this project management platform.
- Automation: Leave your routine tasks to robots by setting up automation in seconds.
Monday.com offers a free 14-day trial, giving you access to prioritized customer support, calendar views, automation, and a time tracking tool.
Affordable Small Business Platform with Checklists
ClickUp offers hundreds of powerful tools for managing your daily operations in one easy-to-use platform.
- Customizable Tasks: Customize your task management and save time with more than 35 ClickUp apps available on the platform. It also allows you to create to-do lists.
- Visual Database: Create the perfect visual database with the project management platform by linking tasks, documents, and integrations to a single platform. This offers you easy access to all the information you need for managing your operations.
- Real-Time Reporting: Track your team’s progress, set goals, and manage your resources in real-time with powerful reporting features.
- Global Timer: Track your time manually or automatically by linking it to your web browser, desktop app, or mobile tasks.
ClickUp offers a fully featured free plan, allowing you to add unlimited members to your team, access real-time chat, and offer collaborative docs.
Top Small Business Software with Interactive Gantt Charts
Wrike helps you manage multiple projects as a business owner and streamlines your processes at every stage.
- Customized Workflows: Manage your daily operations and keep your team on the same page with customized workflows. They are easy to set up and simple to use.
- Proofing and Approval Tool: This collaborative tool allows you to review and approve digital documents quickly and helps you keep a transparent system of record.
- Interactive Gantt Charts: Create interactive charts to keep tabs on your project in real-time. The drag and drop tool makes it easily adjustable for the entire team.
- Analyze Results: With Wrike’s easy-to-understand report wizard, you can edit or build a report from scratch. These real-time, interactive reports help you review your team’s work regularly.
Wrike offers a free 14-day trial to its customers, where you get access to 24/7 customer support, shareable dashboards, and an interactive Gantt chart tool.
Leading Business App for Unlimited Free Client Users
Teamwork helps make task management quicker and more efficient with multiple collaboration-enhancing and time-saving features.
- Kanban Board: Easily automate your workflow and offer your team an efficient way to visualize projects with Kanban boards.
- Time Tracking: Small business owners should efficiently track their team’s work, boost productivity, and easily bill all their clients with the time tracking tool.
- Notebooks: Notebooks allow you to write and share content or daily tasks with your team members. You can also update and observe the changes between the different notebook versions.
- CRM: Create tasks and projects in this project management software and close deals faster with your clients. This also makes client handoff much more efficient.
With Teamwork, you get access to a free 30-day trial, where you can experience the platform and analyze what works best for your team.
Best Small Business Tool With a Shareable Calendar
Asana helps you organize your daily operations, allowing your team to stay in sync, hit deadlines, and reach their goals.
- Boards: With multiple board views, you can quickly analyze where your work stands in seconds, identify the following steps, and promptly take action. This productivity tool helps your team stay on track.
- Universal Reporting: Troubleshoot problems instantly by getting real-time insight into your team’s work state.
- Automation: Save time, simplify your workflow, and reduce errors by automating tedious manual tasks.
- Shareable Calendar: View the big picture and nail your timing with a shareable calendar. It helps you easily spot holes and overlaps in your schedule, allowing you to make quick adjustments.
Asana offers a 30-day free trial to its customers, where you can create unlimited dashboards, set custom fields, and access task templates.
Best Small Business Applications for Accounting and Finance
Best Small Business Tool for Storing Customer and Supplier Data
- Consolidated Data: This platform stores the data of an unlimited number of customers and suppliers.
- Track Sales: Understand your cash flow and how your business performs by expense tracking and tracing your sales. This, in turn, helps you make better business decisions.
- Manage Online Invoices: Easily design and create professional invoices for your clients, print them, or email them directly from the app.
- Professional Quotes: QuickBook Online lets you create professional estimates and proposals for your clients.
QuickBooks Online offers a free 30-day trial to its users, where you get access to a separate iOS and android app, reports, and automatic backup options.
Top Small Business App for Customized Invoices
Freshbooks is amongst the best small business mobile apps on the market.
- Automations: Put your business on auto-pilot by allowing Freshbooks to follow up with your clients. It offers both iOS and Android apps.
- Customized Invoices: Easily create and customize payment terms on your invoice with the efficient invoice generator.
- Accept Deposits: Get paid upfront by requesting a deposit from your client through your invoice.
- Accept Online Payments: Freshbook accepts all major credit cards and ACH electronic payments. This helps you save time and get paid up to 11 days faster.
Freshbooks offers a fully-featured, free 30-day trial, where you can automatically track expenses, set up recurring billings, and access it on your iOs and Android devices.
Free Business Platform for Managing Cash Flow
Wave is the leading accounting software for simple bookkeeping and payments.
- Accounting: Wave offers cash-basis and accrual accounting features, including journal entries, bank reconciliation, and profit-loss reports.
- Unlimited Invoices: Create unlimited, custom invoices with Wave and forward them to your clients. You can schedule and send invoices, set automatic reminders, and track your invoice efficiently.
- Expense Tracking: The platform allows you to track your expenses and manage your business finances. This makes it one of the best free apps in the market.
- Advanced Reports: Wave offers twelve different types of reports that will help you manage your business operations and finances. These include sales, balance sheets, and tax reports.
Wave is a free-to-use platform for all small business owners, offering advanced invoicing, accounting, reporting, and inventory management features.
Leading Business Software for Claiming Expenses
- Bank Connections: Set up your bank feeds and allow secure transaction flow to your Xero account by connecting your bank account to the platform.
- Track Profitability: Keep track of costs and profit margins for each project with job tracking software. It is one of the best apps to keep track of your expenses and profit.
- Online Filing System: You can use Xero as your online filing system to manage and share documents, receipts, and bills. These are filed safely and are shared in real-time.
- Multi-Currency: With Xero’s instant currency conversions, you can pay and get paid in more than 160 currencies. You can also view your reports in both local and foreign currencies.
Xero offers a free 30-day trial to its users, where you can send quotes and invoices, reconcile bank transactions, and use multiple currencies.
Best Small Business Applications for Customer Relationship Management
1. Monday CRM
Best Small Business Tool for Lead Management
Monday CRM automates your repetitive work, allowing you to spend more time on your sales.
- Interaction Tracking: Track your customer’s interactions and take actions according to your business’s customer journey map. It is one of the leading small business apps for customer relationship management.
- Automation: Set alerts and automatic reminders for your team to know when to take action on customers.
- Manage Sales Pipeline: With the highly visual dashboard, you can track the clients in the sales pipeline. This ensures all your team members are on the same page.
- Lead Management: Capture the entire sale cycle and track your prospects with Monday’s impressive lead information system. It is amongst the best small business management apps in the market.
Monday CRM offers a 14-day free trial, where you can access the user-friendly interface, manage your leads, and monitor your team’s progress.
Top Small Business Platform with a Visual Sales Pipeline
Pipedrive is one of the best applications for customer relationship management designed to grow your business and revenue.
- Segment Leads: Create targeted lists for personalized follow-ups by filtering, categorizing, segmenting, and sorting leads. It is one of the best latest CRM apps for small businesses.
- Web Forms: Make use of fully customizable online forms for generating quality leads for your pipeline. These web forms are placed right on your website.
- Visual Sales Pipeline: Pipedrive lets you view your entire sales pipeline at a glance. You can easily update deals with the drag-and-drop tool.
- Revenue Forecasting: Easily forecast your sales volume and its revenue based on your pipeline. This revenue is calculated automatically as your deals are updated.
With Pipedrive, you can access a free 14-day trial, experience lead management features, access their templates, and generate revenue predictions.
Leading Small Business Software for Automatic Lead Capture
- Triggered Follow-Ups: Convert more prospects into leads by quickly tagging and segmenting contacts to trigger automation. This automation is personalized based on your client’s activity and data.
- Email Marketing Tools: Keap offers a robust set of email marketing apps, including easy-to-access templates and suggestions to improve engagement. It is one of the best apps for automatic lead capture.
- Automated Lead Capture: Make sure you never miss a new lead by collecting and organizing contacts automatically. You can do this through social media, landing pages, and lead forms.
- Kanban-Style Pipeline: Easily track every opportunity with a visual kanban-style sales pipeline throughout the sales process. It is one of the leading small business apps.
Keap offers a 14-day free trial of its basic plan services, where you get access to unlimited 24/7 expert support, pipeline analytics, and automation options.
Most Suitable Small Business Software for Deal Management
Freshsales is a single comprehensive tool and one of the best small business applications. It helps your team manage multiple pipelines at once.
- Event Tracking: Easily track your customer’s complete lifecycle, from a website visitor to a loyal customer.
- Advanced Reporting: Create and schedule custom reports with in-depth analytics. These reports can then be used to gain actionable insights into sales performance.
- Automated Emails: Automate, personalize, and schedule emails for prospective clients. This helps you nurture their journeys by sending emails at the right time to the right audience.
- Deal Management: Get a bird's eye view of all the ongoing deals and the ones that need your immediate attention with the AI-powered assistant. It is amongst the best small business management apps in the market.
Freshsales offers a free plan to its customers. With this free version, you can organize your sales team, capture the lifecycle of your customers, and access the platform through mobile apps.
Best Small Business App with Actionable Insights
Salesforce is amongst the best cloud-based CRM software, redefining how businesses connect with their customers.
- Opportunity Management: View the activity timeline of your customer and decide your next move based on the stage they are on a particular deal.
- Lead Management: This fast lead-convertor machine informs you about the source of a lead and offers up-to-date contacts on your timeline.
- Einstein Analytics: These advanced, in-depth analytics provide you with high business intelligence to unlock complicated sales. It is one of the best small business apps for in-depth analysis.
- Develop Effective Sales Cycle: Fine-tune your sales cycle and stay on top of your sales with task and workflow management features.
Salesforce offers a free 30-day trial to its customers where you get access to web-to-lead capture, mass email, and advanced reporting features.
Top Small Business Application with Marketing Automation
Belly is one of the leading digital loyalty and marketing solutions that offers a more innovative way to gain and retain customers.
- Campaigns: Easily create, send, and track mobile and email marketing campaigns with this platform. It offers custom templates and closed-loop reporting.
- Marketing Automation: Automatically bring your customers back while running your business with the auto-engage feature.
- Increase Customer Visits: Increase how often customers visit your website by 148% by creating custom rewards and tracking their activity.
- Online Menu Management: Save time, enhance your presence, and acquire customers through top search engines and sites. Update your information across all websites with a single upload. It is amongst the best small business management apps in the market.
Belly offers an affordable plan with a loyalty program, customer list builder, and mobile device application.
Best Small Business Applications for Time Tracking and Team Management
Top Small Business App for Building Employee Schedules
QuickBooks Time is one of the top small business apps that help you easily track time on the go and simplify your business.
- Team Management: View the status of all your projects at a glance and manage your team efficiently with geofencing technology.
- Real-Time Reports: Plan and manage payroll and increase profitability with real-time, interactive reports. These help you gain valuable business insight.
- Seamless Integrations: Sync your employee time tracking data automatically by connecting to your favorite accounting or payroll software.
- Scheduling: Create employee schedules based on their jobs or shifts. This scheduling app can be easily edited and shared with your team.
QuickBooks Time offers a free 30-day trial to its users, where you can streamline your full-service payroll and invoice, get access to real-time reports, and track your project’s progress.
Best Business Tool for Managing Time-Off Requests
Gusto offers automated time tools, making it easier for you to manage your team’s hours and holidays.
- Project Tracking: Understand your productivity and generate a clear labor costs report. This service provider helps you make business decisions confidently, based on the trend analysis.
- Manage Time-Off Requests: Sync your team’s time-off automatically with payroll and calendars once approved by the manager.
- Paid Time-Off: Automatically sync paid holidays and paid-time-off policies with the payroll. You can customize these policies as per your team’s requirements.
- Time Tracker: Built-in time tracking tools help track everything in one place. It also lets you automatically calculate your team’s wages and time-off.
With Gusto, you get access to a 30-day free trial, where you can track projects, generate workforce cost reports, and collaborate with your team.
Leading Small Business App with Tracking Reminders
- Auto tracker: Set up your platform to trigger time tracing suggestions based on the software or application you are currently using.
- Calendar Integrations: Seamlessly integrate your Google Calendar or Outlook with the platform and create time entries based on calendar events.
- Team Dashboard: Get access to a team dashboard and quickly analyze your team's capacity.
- Email Tracking Reminders: Manage your team's productivity by setting up automated email tracking reminders. This reminder will send an email to all the team members who haven't tracked their target number of hours.
Toggl offers a free plan to its customers. With this free plan, you can track unlimited time, add up to five team members, and export reports.
Cheapest Small Business Platform for Measuring Billable Time
Teamdeck is one of the leading small business apps that helps you monitor and improve your team’s productivity.
- Compare Estimates: Easily analyze your project schedule against the recorded timesheets. These help you spot the miscalculations and avoid your team going over budget.
- TImesheets: Save your team’s tracked time in timesheets. These can then be used for creating financial reports or calculating KPIs and can be accessed through paid plans.
- Share Project Insights: Easily export your reports or timesheets to your clients or stakeholders to help them analyze the progress of your project.
- Measuring Billable Time: Keep track of the billable hours efficiently across different projects, teams, and departments.
Best Small Business Apps for Managing Inventory
Best Small Business App for Analyzing Profit and Loss
Delivrd is a simple small business management app used for order fulfillment by all small and big sellers.
- Barcode Printing and Scanning: Deliver your order without any error with efficient barcode printing and scanning. These barcodes can be printed with a regular printer and avoid costly shipping errors.
- Profit and Loss: Support the entire order fulfillment process and get a clear answer to what products will bring your profit and the ones that will bring you loss.
- Seamless Integrations: Easily fulfill your orders with the built-in Shopify and WooCommerce order import tool.
- Inventory Management: The accurate management system allows a small business owner to manage your entire inventory, from receiving the products ordered to shipping them to customers.
Delivrd offers a free plan to its users. WIth this free plan, you can manage a single inventory business location, get an alert on low socks, and create a product catalog.
Leading Business Platform to Track Inventory Activities
Sortly is a simple inventory management software that helps small business owners to stay on top of their inventory, assets, and more.
- Track Items: Connect QR labels and barcodes to your items to quickly scan, track, and update them on your software. It is one of the best management apps for small businesses.
- Track Inventory Activities: Sortly allows a small business owner to stay on top of what is happening in the inventory location. The business can stay secure by tracking what changes are done and by whom.
- Advanced Reports: Effortlessly generate PDF or CSV reports based on past activity or the current status of your inventory.
- Low Stock Alerts: Easily keep track of low stock levels and returns by setting up automatic email and in-app notifications.
Sortly offers a free plan where you can manage up to 100 products and create a custom field for your inventory.
Best Small Business Applications for POS and Payments
Leading Small Business App with Flexible Omnichannel Tools
Square is one of the best small business tools that helps you save time in your business, offering tools that work better together.
- Sell Anywhere: Square makes it easier for you to start selling wherever your customers are by allowing you to see through a synced online store, social media, or local delivery options.
- Add Custom Tools: Add tools to your platform with a single tap, depending upon the requirements of your business.
- Efficient Invoices: Get paid faster by accepting payments throughout the day. You can send digital invoices, accept payments, and track unpaid invoices.
- Online Checkout Links: Accept payments from anywhere, for free, by creating online checkout links for your customers with one of the best business apps. You can select the best format for your customer, like links, buy buttons, or QR codes.
Square offers a free 30-day trial to its customers where you can access point of sale features, build your website, and accept online payments from your customers.
Best Small Business Tool for Tracking Key Business Metrics
PayPal Zettle allows you to take payments, track your sales, and manage your business, all in one app.
- Business Metrics: Easily find and track sales data that is the most important to your business. Keep track of your business metrics and customize the way you view them.
- Manage Inventory: The platform’s POS system makes it easier to manage your stocks by setting the price and selling price through the application.
- Multiple Payment Methods: Give your customers various options to get the payment done faster with debit cards, Apple Pay, business account, and more. PayPal Zettle also allows credit card transactions. It is amongst the best payment platforms for small businesses.
- Gift Cards: Spread your brand to new customers, reduce returns, and boost your sales by offering gift cards to your customers.
PayPal Zettle offers a free POS app to manage inventory and create custom reports to analyze key metrics.
Top Business Platform with a Customizable POS Terminal
- Omnichannel Selling: Shopify offers a smooth selling experience to your customer, whether online or in-store. You can attach QR codes to products that your customers can scan and learn more about the product.
- Demand Forecasting: Reduce errors and manage your inventory smartly, based on recent product performance. The platform offers automatic purchase order suggestions.
- Staff Management: Control staff permissions and track their performance with a single app.
- Seamless Checkout: Make sure that your customers can seamlessly checkout from your store, whether online or offline. You can also offer discount codes to retain new customers.
Shopify offers a free 14-day trial to its users, where you can manage your inventory, keep a tab on your staff's productivity, and offer multiple payment options to your customers.
Best Small Business Apps for Communication
Most Suited Small Business Software with Personalized Channels
Slack offers multiple features and tools that work together to enhance your team communication and save time.
- Slack Connect: Easily collaborate with teams from other companies using this platform. You can add them to your dashboard and work together seamlessly.
- Channels: Create central spaces for conversation, tools, file sharing, and people, and ensure you stay organized and focussed on your daily goals.
- Video Conferencing: Collaborate with your team from anywhere you like with the video call option. Additionally, with screen sharing, you can communicate complex ideas with one of the best business apps.
- Team Chat: Communicate more efficiently with your entire team by sending messages immediately or scheduling them for later. It offers both direct messaging and group messaging features.
Slack offers a free plan to its users. With this free version, you can add unlimited users and get access to one-on-one voice and video calls. This is usually used for managing personal projects.
Top Cloud-Based Business Tool for Small Business Owners
GoToMeeting offers trusted, flexible work tools that help you and your team efficiently manage your daily operations.
- Dedicated Customer Engagement: This cloud-based center solution allows you to unlock valuable insights and improve customer outcomes. It is one of the best platforms for small businesses.
- Impactful Webinars: Host impactful webinars and virtual events for your team or customers. You can launch both live and on-demand events.
- HD Video Conferencing: The customizable platform allows you to connect across channels and host video or audio conferences with your team. It is one of the best communication apps in the market.
- Engaging Training: Host virtual training sessions with GoToMeeting’s intuitive teaching platform for your employees. You can host all sessions on this reliable platform, from onboarding to certifications.
GoToMeeting offers a free 14-day trial to its users, where you can conduct video conferences, host webinars, create breakout rooms, and record your meetings.
Best Business Application with Seamless Integrations
RingCentral offers a seamless solution to unleash the power of integrated business communications.
- Messaging: Share files and collaborate on a single platform to get more work done with your team. You can invite everyone to join the conversation, including your clients.
- Simplified Workflow: Use the built-in task manager to assign tasks easily to your team members. You can access this feature through paid plans.
- Seamless Video Conferencing: Build, grow, and connect your team from anywhere you want to with seamless video calling features. The powerful in-meeting capabilities enhance collaboration.
- Enterprise-Grade Security: Ensure that your data and meetings are safe with enterprise-grade security features. RingCentral is one of the top communication apps in the market.
With RingCentral, you get access to a free 15-day trial, where you can access business messaging, share documents, and host audio or video conferences.
Leading Small Business Software with Cloud Phone System
Zoom offers a flexible platform that is simple to manage, allowing you to get more work done.
- Audio Collaboration: The platform offers simplified video calling features and messaging options across computer and mobile devices. You can start, join, or collaborate in a meeting from any device.
- Video Webinars: Build a connection with a large audience by hosting webinars or live events. You can use virtual backgrounds, access studio effects, and suppress background noise during the event.
- Events: Collaborate with your team and customers more efficiently by creating virtual experiences for them. The app can be downloaded and accessed from your iOS or Android smartphone.
- Chat: Connect multiple teams and streamline their communications through this platform. You can install the Zoom integration for your Google Workspace.
Zoom offers a free plan to its users. With this free app, you can add up to 100 participants in a meeting and access private or group chat features.
Best Small Business Apps for Marketing
Best Business Application for Email Marketing
Wix gives you the freedom to build, design, manage, and develop your web presence the way you want.
- Email Marketing: Engage your audience and drive more traffic to your website by creating attractive email marketing campaigns. It is one of the best marketing platforms for small businesses.
- Social Media Graphics: Use professional tools to design eye-catching social media tools to promote your business, drive traffic, and increase conversions.
- Facebook Ads: Use Wix’s intelligent algorithm to boost your sales, generate leads, and drive more traffic to your website with paid Instagram and Facebook ads.
- Client Management: Capture leads, convert them into customers, build relationships, and manage these customer relationships efficiently with this email marketing tool.
Wix offers a free 14-day trial where you get access to unlimited bandwidth, up to 35 GB of storage space, and multiple marketing features.
Affordable Business Tool with Direct Scheduling
Buffer is one of the best small business software in the market. It offers an intuitive, affordable, and authentic way to reach more people on social media channels.
- Direct Scheduling: Easily plan and schedule your posts on social media channels, including Instagram. You can even include the first comment while scheduling.
- Account Management: Create high-quality content with your team, draft posts, get feedback, review approvals, and manage access to social media accounts.
- In-Depth Insights: Buffer acts as a one-stop dashboard to get reports from your social media accounts. You can track performance and generate in-depth insights for Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter.
- Engagement: Ensure that you collaborate and engage with your audience to build a loyal following on social media. You can stay on top of interactions and view all your comments on the dashboard.
Buffer offers a 14-day free trial to its customers where you can access analytics tools, engagement features, and export reports.
Leading Small Business Platform with an Integrated Social Media Inbox
Hootsuite lets you efficiently manage your social media channels and get more results and engagement.
- Interactive Dashboard: Grow your social media following by producing quality content that reaches more people. Make your regular posting easy by accessing all the posts directly from the dashboard.
- Effortless Scheduling: Automatically schedule your content on multiple social media channels in just a few clicks.
- Integrated Inbox: Engage with your customers by keeping an eye on the latest trends, brand mentions, and social conversations with the help of an integrated inbox.
- Collaborate with Followers: Boost positive sentiment on your social media channels by replying to follower comments faster and engaging with them.
With Hootsuite, you get access to a free 30-day trial, where you can manage up to 20 social media accounts and schedule unlimited posts.
Top Business Software for Creating Landing Pages
- Landing Pages: Build beautiful landing pages for growing your audience within minutes with the help of pre-built templates.
- Email Marketing: Connect with your audience and grow your business with easy email templates and a clutter-free writing experience. You can increase your email list with the help of sign-up forms and landing pages.
- Automation: Use marketing automation to create powerful automated funnels for your subscribers. Each time someone subscribes to your email, they are automatically sent a series of useful, well-timed emails.
- Commerce: Earn a living as a creator by monetizing ebooks, newsletters, music, or training sessions.
ConvertKit offers a free plan to its users. With this free version, you can create unlimited sign-up forms and landing pages, send out email broadcasts, and sell digital products to your community.
Best Small Business Tool with Faster Page Speed
Instapage is amongst the most advanced landing page platforms, where you can make up to 400% more from your digital ad spend.
- Customizable Forms: Gather more leads for email marketing and targeted ads by creating customizable forms.
- AdMaps: You can create different landing pages for multiple ads to engage your audience. Use AdMap to visualize your ad campaigns and effortlessly connect them to relevant landing pages.
- Faster Page Speed: With lightning-fast landing pages, grab your visitor's attention and make sure they do not have to wait for the page to load.
- Collaboration: Create interactive workflows and launch your ad campaigns faster by collaborating with your team effortlessly.
Instapage offers a free 14-day trial to its customers, where you can access unlimited domains, design reviews, and generate ad analytics.
The small business application you will choose to manage your daily operations will depend upon the size of your business and your team's requirements.