11 Best Video Conferencing Software Platforms of 2023
Are you looking for a reliable way to communicate with your employees and customers? The best video conferencing software offer speed, high-quality audiovisuals, security, and support for hosting virtual meetings. Our top five picks are:
Video Conferencing Statistics by Intermedia show that video conferencing has improved communication for up to 99% of people.
As a business owner, holding physical face-to-face meetings with employees and clients is not always feasible. The solution? Modern businesses use video conferencing to eliminate the communication barrier.
A good and reliable video conferencing service provider will increase your business productivity and ability to collaborate remotely with your team members and clients.
Video conferencing helps businesses to employ the best talents globally, removes the barrier of physical location, and enables employees to work from home. Little wonder many small, medium, and large-sized businesses are spending more on video conferencing solutions.
Choosing the right video conferencing solution can be challenging, with many attractive options available in the market. We’ve tested each platform’s key strengths and potential limitations to help you pick the best for your video conferencing needs.
Let’s get started.
What are the Best Video Conferencing Tools?
Here are the best video conferencing tools you can use for your video and audio meetings.
- RingCentral Video – Best Overall
- Zoom– Best for Small Businesses and Consumers
- Dialpad Meetings – Best for Artificial Intelligence (AI) Features
- Lifesize – Best for Scalability
- Whereby – Best for Hybrid Meetings
- Livestorm – Smart Webinar Software for Today’s Teams
- Zoho Meeting – Affordable Browser-Based Video Conferencing Software
- ClickMeeting – Best for Events and Webinars
- GoToMeeting – Best Mobile-Friendly Video Conferencing App
- Microsoft Teams – Best for Microsoft 365 App Integration
- Cisco Webex – Best Video Conferencing App with Highest Video Quality Resolution
Best Overall Video Conferencing Tool
More and more businesses are searching for the best video conferencing solutions to manage their remote teams. RingCentral Video offers high-quality video conferencing features for businesses of all sizes. These features include built-in video chat and phone calls, file sharing, screen sharing and annotation, and the ability to schedule video conferences.
The world’s leading business cloud phone system helps you schedule, host, or join powerful webinars and conference rooms from your preferred device.
High-Quality HD Video Resolution on Any Device
RingCentral Video provides flawless face-to-face communication in HD video and audio. You can connect your remote teams across multiple devices with no time limitations. The video conferencing tool supports up to 200 video participants on a single call.
Users get advanced meeting insights through AI recordings, live transcripts, meeting summaries, and video highlight reels. RingCentral Video’s AI-powered noise reduction feature eliminates unwanted background noise like outside noises, car sounds, and keyboard typing for better audio quality.
Team Collaboration Tools
Enjoy access to collaboration tools like a whiteboard and participant reactions for a more exciting collaborative video session. Participants can use the digital whiteboard to input their ideas. You can split a large meeting room into smaller groups for better collaborative sessions.
RingCentral Video integrates with your favorite applications like Slack, G Suite, Microsoft Teams, Salesforce, Trello, Mailchimp, and Microsoft 365. Users also get to integrate their online calendars on the platform.
Round-the-Clock Online Support
RingCentral Video has an online community forum, RingCentral university, which hosts online video guides and tutorials, and how-to guides. There is an online help chat that uses an AI chatbot and a customer care representative to address the issues you encounter on the platform.
Advanced Analytics and Account Monitoring
RingCentral Video’s analytics dashboard feature allows administrators to track video calls and locate issues relating to performance to its exact location, ISP, and endpoint.
RingCentral Video has a free plan and a 14-day free trial on its paid plan.
- The RingCentral Video Pro is best for small businesses because it can host unlimited meetings and support up to 100 participants in a single video call.
- The RingCentral Video Pro+ is suitable for large teams because it can host up to 200 participants and store your cloud recordings for up to a year.
Best for Hosting Video Conference Calls for Small Businesses and Consumers
Zoom is the best video conferencing software for users who desire a simple yet effective option to connect remotely with their customers and clients. You can easily host, schedule, and join video meetings in your personal meeting room.
The virtual meeting platform is popular for small businesses for offering flawless video, crystal clear audio, and instant screen-sharing options.
Unified Communication and Team Collaboration Platform
Zoom handles your communication and team communication needs in one platform. Build meaningful connections with your clients and employees through its team chat, online whiteboard, and virtual meetings features.
Cloud and Local Device Recording Options
Zoom’s recording feature allows users to record their video and audio conferences. You can choose to save directly to your computer or on the cloud. However, the cloud recording option is only available to paid subscribers.
With YouTube integration, you can upload, view, and share your recorded sessions directly on YouTube. The virtual meeting platform also integrates with third-party applications like Dropbox, Google Drive, and Vimeo.
Get actionable insights from your Zoom Meetings to improve revenue, enhance productivity, and shorten deal cycles. Businesses use this analytical feature to review meetings and track customer conversations for better results.
Flexible Business VoIP Phone Service
Zoom combines virtual meetings, VoIP phone, and team chat features. The VoIP phone service supports domestic calling in 47 countries, and the audio quality is clear.
Zoom Mail and Calendar
You can connect your Gmail and Microsoft 365 accounts to use your existing email and calendar in the Zoom app. This feature saves you from having to switch between apps. The Zoom Calendar sidebar makes it easy to schedule and join meetings.
Zoom offers a generous free plan and a 30-day free trial on its premium plans.
- The Basic Plan is suitable for individuals because of its 40 minutes time limit per group meeting and a maximum of 100 attendees.
- The Pro Plan is best for small businesses with small to medium video conferencing needs because of its 30 hours time limit per meeting and 5GB of cloud storage support.
- The Business Plan supports a maximum of 300 attendees.
- The Enterprise Plan is ideal for large and custom video conferencing needs because it supports a maximum of 1,000 attendees and unlimited cloud storage.
Best for Artificial Intelligence (AI) Features
Dialpad Meetings is a robust video conferencing platform that uses AI-powered features to connect teams and people from around the world.
With its brilliant HD video and clear audio quality, users can set up online face-to-face meetings and conferences as well as in-person meetings.
Dialpad Meetings has built-in AI features that help you maximize productivity during and after video meetings. During meetings, you can use the live transcription feature to capture what every participant is saying. After meetings, you get call summaries so you can leave out note-taking tasks and focus on your audience.
Collaborating with your remote team is easy with Dialpad Meetings’ team collaboration tools. You can share your screen, files, and whiteboard ideas with your remote team and participants on the platform.
Many meetings tend to pass their scheduled time limit because of poor planning. Hosts can easily track meetings and control how much time each speaker uses with the helpful meeting timer feature. Speakers get the five minutes remaining alert so they can wrap up their presentations.
Works with Your Go-To Apps
Dialpad Meetings integrate seamlessly with other apps like Google Calendar, Salesforce, Slack, HubSpot, and Microsoft 365. You can schedule meetings from your favorite productivity software.
Ease of Use
Dialpad Meetings is an easy-to-use video conferencing platform that provides users with access to several features in one location. Users can control your audio and video settings and who has access to your meetings. You can lock meetings, remove, mute, and unmute participants.
Dialpad Meetings has a free plan and a 14-day free trial on its premium plans.
- The Free Plan is best for individuals and small teams who want access to video meetings for personal use. This plan can host up to 10 participants and has a 45-minute meeting duration.
- The Business Plan is best for large teams and businesses. This plan can host up to 150 participants for up to 5 hours.
Best Cloud-Based Video Conferencing Software for Large Online Video Conferences
Lifesize is an omnichannel contact center and video conferencing system built to enable high-quality 4K face-to-face human communication. It stands out from other solutions on this list because of its strong security features, scalability, and integrations.
Screen Sharing and Video Recording
Users get a simple screen-sharing feature with the option of sharing their whole screen or a segment of an app for the best user experience. There is a video recording feature that helps you capture every moment of your meeting for future reference.
Lifesize’s video conferencing features help make managing remote teams easier. Remote employees can work and communicate with clients and co-workers seamlessly from the comfort of their homes or offices.
Reliable Security Architecture
Lifesize uses enterprise-grade encryption and single sign-on support to protect users’ data. With 16 data centers across the globe, your data is safe and backed up in the cloud.
The video conferencing systems integrate with other third-party applications like Skype for Business, Slack, Microsoft Office 365, Google Workspace, and Amazon Chime.
Lifesize allows users to connect their meeting rooms with third-party video conferencing apps like Google Meet, GoToMeeting, Microsoft Teams, Cisco Webex, and Skype.
Lifesize offers a 14-day free trial to help you get started.
- The Standard Plan is best for individuals because it can host up to 100 participants for as long as 24 hours.
- The Plus Plan is suitable for small teams and businesses because it can host up to 300 participants and offer unlimited meeting duration.
- The Enterprise Plan is ideal for mid-sized businesses because it can host up to 500 participants and supports unlimited recordings.
- The Organization Plan is ideal for large organizations because it supports live streaming up to 10,000 viewers per event and unlimited audio conferencing.
Best for Hybrid Meetings
Whereby is a video conferencing tool used by remote teams and entrepreneurs to communicate and collaborate with clients, employees, and partners.
Co-Location Groups Feature
One of Whereby’s most outstanding features is its co-location groups feature. With this feature, you can group participants into smaller teams based on the proximity of their location.
Whereby is not like other video conferencing tools on this list that leave out little room for customization. Users can customize their conversation window's layout using a simple drag-and-drop interface.
Your video meetings don’t have to be boring. Whereby provides you with a collaborative workspace with which you can share your screen, text chat, and send live emoji reactions. You can host productive brainstorming sessions with Miro’s virtual whiteboards.
Whereby integrates with third-party platforms like Slack, Trello, Miro, Outlook, Google Docs, and YouTube. Users can easily share their reports and presentations more effectively across these platforms.
Breakout Group Feature
Instead of creating a new video call to break into groups for a smaller meeting, this feature does that within the same video call. With the Breakouts Group feature, different teams can easily join separate meetings.
Whereby has a free plan and offers a 14-day free trial on its premium plans.
- The Free Plan is great for individuals because of its restrictive free features, like a 45-minute limit on group video meetings and up to 100 attendees per meeting.
- The Pro Plan is ideal for small businesses because it offers unlimited recording and custom branding and has no time limit on group meetings.
- The Business Plan is best for large businesses because it supports unlimited rooms, 200 attendees per meeting, and custom subdomains.
Smart Webinar Software for Today’s Teams
Livestorm is one of the best webinar software platforms that allows users to engage with others in real time.
You can use Livestorm to schedule and host your live events, customer training, product demos, online courses, and company communications. The smart webinar platform can support up to 3,000 attendees!
Event Automation and Moderation
Livestorm allows you to automate every aspect of your event. You can automatically play a video, schedule multiple sessions, and host pre-recorded webinars that are just like a live event. Hosts can kick out participants and delete undesirable messages.
This feature automatically records your live event and saves your recordings on the cloud. The best thing about this feature is that you can pause or stop recording to keep relevant parts of the meeting. You can seamlessly record small meetings, virtual meetings, and large webinars in high video and audio quality (1080p).
Intuitive Chat Feature
Livestorm provides a chat system feature that allows users to communicate with others in real time. With this feature, users get to control webinars, questions-and-answers sessions, and demonstrations on the platform.
Set and display a registration limit for your scheduled events to create scarcity and cause participants to register quickly. You can add unlimited team members to boost collaboration. Hosts can mute or invite participants to speak.
Customized Live Experience
Livestorm allows you to customize your meeting rooms and events to match your brand. Display up to 25 streams on the screen for more inclusive discussions. Participants can share emoji reactions and answer polls in real time.
CRM and Marketing Automation Integrations
This video conferencing tool integrates with third-party software like HubSpot, Salesforce, Paradot, Pipedrive, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Keap, and Marketo.
Pros of Livestorm
- Unlimited cloud storage space.
- Live timer to guide speakers.
- Automatically transcribe your live events.
- Supports 24 languages.
- Supports up to 3,000 live attendees.
Cons of Livestorm
- Limited free plan.
- The replay quality needs improvement.
- Discount is only available on its annual plans.
Livestorm has a free plan and offers a 30-day free trial on its pro plan.
- The Free Plan is best for individuals with small video conferencing needs because it can only support 30 live attendees and has a per-session duration of up to 20 minutes.
- The Pro Plan is suitable for small teams because it can support up to 100 live attendees and has a per-session duration of up to 4 hours.
- The Business Plan is best for large teams because it can support up to 3,000 live attendees and has a per-session duration of up to 4 hours.
- The Enterprise Plan is best for large organizations because it can support up to 3,000 live attendees and has a per-session duration of up to 12 hours.
7. Zoho Meeting
Affordable Browser-Based Video Conferencing Software
Zoho Meeting is a browser-based platform that allows users to host video conferences and webinars. Although its features are not as extensive as other video conferencing platforms, it helps small businesses host online presentations at an affordable cost.
Interactive Video Conferencing
Zoho Meeting tries to replicate face-to-face interactions through its video conferencing feed. Users can use this secure online meeting software to collaborate and work remotely through video and audio meetings. You can create audience polls and hold Questions and Answers sessions.
Screen and File Sharing
Share documents, files, presentations, and your screen with other participants through interactive screen sharing. You can grant remote access to one or more participants to collaborate in real time on a file.
Record and Share Meetings
Zoho Meeting helps you record and share your video meetings with anyone on the web through a secure download link. You can download the meeting recording for offline use.
Protect and Moderate Your Video Meetings
The secure online meeting platform provides you with robust security features like two-factor authentication and end-to-end encryption. You can lock your meetings and mute and remove participants.
Broadcast Video Webinars
Host live video webinars with up to 3,000 live attendees. You can use Zoho’s YouTube live-streaming integration to reach out to more people.
Comprehensive Meeting and Webinar Reports
Zoho Meeting gathers information on webinar attendees, meeting attendees, polls, Q&As, and engagement. You can download the reports in different file formats like XLS and CSV.
The online meeting platform integrates with other Zoho apps like Zoho CRM, Zoho Projects, Zoho Mail, Zoho Bookings, and Zoho Notebook. Additionally, Zoho Meeting integrates with Microsoft Project, Gmail, Slack, and Microsoft Outlook.
Pros of Zoho Meeting
- Affordable for small businesses.
- Supports up to 250 meeting participants and 3,000 webinar attendees.
- Supports up to 25 simultaneous video feeds.
- Excellent mobile application.
- Easy to use and customize to your specific needs.
Cons of Zoho Meeting
- No automated transcription.
- Limited notebook functionality.
Zoho Meeting has a free forever plan and offers a 14-day free trial on its premium plans.
- The Free Forever Plan is ideal for individuals for personal use because it can support up to 100 meeting participants and webinar attendees.
- The Meeting Standard Plan is ideal for small businesses because it can support up to 250 meeting participants with up to 2 co-hosts and has a 24-hour meeting limit.
- The Meeting Professional Plan adds a custom domain, more co-hosts, and advanced analytics.
- The Webinar Standard Plan is great for large businesses because it can support up to 3,000 webinar attendees.
- The Webinar Professional Plan is best for large businesses needing advanced features like live streaming, registration moderation, and advanced analytics.
Best for Events and Webinars
ClickMeeting is an online meeting, webinar, and virtual event platform that brings remote teams and participants together. You can use the software to host online courses and training sessions, product demos and meetings, online business meetings, and huge online events.
ClickMeeting’s breakout room feature divides your events into smaller rooms. Each breakout room you create serves as a mini-discussion or workshop session and can support up to 40 participants.
Conference Rooms Branding
You can customize your conference rooms and webinars to suit your unique branding and preference. Give your online meetings and webinars a more attractive and professional look.
This feature is a great option for hosting online tutorials or classes. The host can set this mode to prevent others from sharing images on their screen. Participants can only see and hear from the presenter.
ClickMeeting has a moderated chat feature that gives hosts the freedom to remove and block comments from participants. You can set the video meeting or webinars for a free-flowing online chat experience.
Users get presentation tools to help them run their online meetings or webinars with ease and engage their audience. There is no limit to what you can present in this mode. You can use a virtual whiteboard and share screen and content in PowerPoint, Excel, or Keynote formats.
Pros of ClickMeeting
- Fast and easy-to-navigate user interface.
- Supports live streaming on YouTube or Facebook.
- Suitable for organizing online training programs and large online events.
- Use the product demo feature to sell your products to your target audience.
- Get webinar and attendee statistics, performance ratings, and recordings.
Cons of ClickMeeting
- Issues experienced with recordings, like audio lags.
ClickMeeting offers a 30-day free trial to get started.
- The Live Plan is best for small businesses that need an affordable option for running online business meetings and live webinars. This plan can support up to 1,000 participants and 6 hours of recording storage.
- The Automated Plan is best for large businesses that need access to more advanced features and integrations. This plan can support up to 1,000 participants, 3 multi users, and 10 hours of recording storage.
- The Custom Plan is suitable for hosting large online events because it offers individual onboarding & training and live streaming services. This plan can host large virtual events of more than 1,000 participants and support automated recurring webinars.
Best Mobile-Friendly Video Conferencing App
GoToMeeting, formerly Join.me, is an easy-to-use online meeting platform designed to provide better flexibility for remote workers. Users enjoy engaging and collaborative web conferencing tools like real-time screen sharing and integrated audio.
Crystal-Clear Audio Quality
GoToMeeting offers crystal-clear audio features that suppress background noise. Also, users can get built-in audio VoIP and toll-free calling services available in 50+ countries (add-on).
In today’s world, where remote working and social distancing are becoming a norm, mobile conferencing is steadily establishing itself as the new standard. GoToMeeting provides native mobile apps for iOS, Android, and Windows. Users can schedule, join, and host meetings from their mobile devices.
Interactive Video Meetings
GoToMeeting provides HD-quality video conferencing to its users, allowing them to host up to 250 participants. Users get drawing tools, in-session chats, and breakout rooms to make the online meetings more engaging and collaborative.
GoToMeeting’s online screen sharing feature allows users to present their screen contents in real time to participants to enhance communications through visuals. With screen sharing, users get to brainstorm ideas better and turn their conference meetings at any time into a presentation.
Smart Meeting Assistant
This feature automatically transcribes and records meetings, organizes presentation slides, and shares them in a PDF. You can use it to pinpoint action items and meeting highlights.
GoToMeeting integrates with your favorite tools like Slack, Salesforce, Google Chrome, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Teams, HubSpot, Marketo, and Zendesk.
Pros of GoToMeeting
- Unlimited cloud recording.
- Enterprise-grade security features.
- Available in 190+ countries.
- Supports up to 250 attendees.
- Customer support is available 24/7.
- Passcode-protected meetings.
Cons of GoToMeeting
- Limited chat option.
- Meeting transcription is only available in English.
GoToMeeting offers a 14-day free trial to get you started.
- The Professional Plan is best for small teams because it supports up to 150 participants, unlimited meetings, and no meeting time limit.
- The Business Plan is best for large teams because it supports up to 250 participants, unlimited cloud recording, transcription, and co-organizers.
- The Enterprise Plan is ideal for large organizations because it supports up to 250 participants, mobile cloud recording, and onboarding and training.
10. Microsoft Teams
Best for Microsoft 365 App Integration
Microsoft Teams is a video conferencing platform that can host up to 10,000 participants. Users can share their screens, change or blur their backgrounds, and make and receive calls directly in the app.
Integration with Microsoft 365
If you use Microsoft 365, you will find Microsoft Teams as a handy tool for your business communication and collaboration workspaces.
Large Virtual Events
Microsoft Teams can support web conferences and webinars for up to 1,000 attendees and 10,000 people via broadcast. Participants can join your virtual events, video conferencing, and webinars with a mobile device or a dial-in number.
The online meeting tool allows you to share your screen with other participants for better presentations and improved communication.
Microsoft Teams gives you the ability to manage and control your meetings. You can mute noise, pick presenters, and remove uninvited attendees.
Pros of Microsoft Teams
- Suitable for large businesses.
- Supports up to 10,000 participants.
Cons of Microsoft Teams
- Lack of notifications.
- Limited mobile app that doesn’t provide all the functionality of the web version.
Microsoft Team offers a free plan and a 30-day free trial to get started.
- The Microsoft Teams Essentials Plan is ideal for small teams because it supports an unlimited number of group meetings for up to 30 hours and with up to 300 participants.
- The Microsoft 365 Business Basic Plan is best for small businesses because it supports recordings with transcripts and live captions in over 30 languages.
- The Microsoft 365 Business Standard Plan is best for large teams because it supports attendee registration, reporting tools, and webinar hosting.
Try Microsoft Teams’ 30-day free trial to get started.
11. Cisco Webex
Best Video Conferencing App with the Highest Video Quality Resolution
Cisco Webex is an outstanding video collaboration software for online training, webinars, remote support, and businesses with legitimate security concerns. Users can host large virtual events of up to 1000 attendees.
Powerful Cloud Calling Features
Cisco Webex provides users with a complete cloud phone system that receives calls on any device. Users enjoy cloud-calling features like call waiting, forwarding, holding, and merging. At the press of a button, you can turn your audio call into a video meeting.
Immersive Virtual Meetings
Get interactive video conferencing features like gesture recognition, polling, Q&A, whiteboards, and breakout sessions.
This feature automatically eliminates disturbing background noises and enhances your speech for better audio output.
Enjoy an assisted transcription feature that assists users in transcribing their Cisco Webex meetings in real time.
The large virtual meeting platform integrates with over 100+ business tools like Google, Salesforce, Box, Microsoft, Slack, Jira, and Twitter. Users can sync their meetings and calendars directly to Google Workspace and Outlook.
Pros of Cisco Webex
- Supports up to 100,000 attendees.
- Support for HD video.
- Enhanced mobile experience.
- Enterprise-grade security.
- Fast connection speed.
Cons of Cisco Webex
- The real-time translation feature costs extra.
- Limited to 10GB of Cloud Storage.
Cisco Webex has a free plan, but they offer a free trial on a case-to-case basis. You should contact them about it.
- The Basic Plan (Free) is best for individuals because it can support up to 100 participants and has a meeting limit of 40 minutes.
- The Meet Plan is great for small businesses because it can support up to 200 participants and has a meeting limit of 24 hours.
- The Enterprise Plan is ideal for large businesses because it can support up to 1,000 participants and offers unlimited cloud storage.
Try Cisco Webex free plan to get started.
What is Video Conferencing Software?
Video conferencing software allows two or more people in different locations to have face-to-face meetings over the internet using real-time video and audio streaming technology.
The use of video conferencing software is growing beyond communicating with loved ones in distant locations.
Many businesses are using video conferencing solutions to communicate with remote employees and clients located in different countries. Video conferencing software saves time and expenses related to business travels and is as effective as an in-person meeting.
Businesses use video conferencing software tools for many reasons.
- Hold recurring meetings.
- Negotiate business deals.
- Offer customer support.
- Show product demos.
- Live training and onboarding.
- Interview job applicants.
Benefits of Using Video Conferencing Apps
Video conferencing applications are a valuable addition to the modern workspace.
- Better Communication: Effective communication is vital for the success of any project. Video conferencing apps help remote teams improve their communication through video calls that are just as effective as in-person meetings.
- Builds Interpersonal Relationships: Video conferencing apps help users maintain face-to-face interactions, which is crucial for making personal connections. You can better connect with team members, employees, and clients.
- Saves Money and Time: One of the best benefits of video conferencing applications is that it saves money and time. Instead of incurring travel costs trying to bring your remote team to one physical location, save the cost by hosting video calls online.
- Better Collaboration: Video conferencing software improves team collaboration. Features like screen sharing and real-time document editing make it easier for teams to collaborate online.
- Convenience: The convenience that comes with video conferencing is incredible. You can schedule online meetings, join, and participate actively from your mobile device and the comfort of your home.
What Features to Look For in Video Conferencing Solution?
In today’s world, video conferencing solutions are essential business tools that every productive and profit-oriented organization uses. Finding the best video conferencing solution for your business needs can be tricky with so many available options in the market.
Here are key features to look for in a video conferencing solution.
- HD Video: Video quality is the number one feature to look out for before choosing a video conferencing tool. Poor video quality can blur the quality of the video call, especially during a live presentation.
- Screen Sharing: This feature allows you to share your screen in real-time. You can use it to make presentations and show participants a better picture of what you are discussing.
- Video Recording: Record events and send out the meeting link for people so they can re-watch at their own time and convenience. You can edit the video recording and share it with others.
- Brand Integration: Modern video conferencing platforms allow users to add their unique branding elements, including logo and color scheme to their meeting room. With this feature, you can present your business webinars and workshops in your brand’s colors.
- Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP): The VoIP feature allows users to switch between audio calls and video conferencing without experiencing lag time. One good thing about this feature is how it improves accessibility since sessions are hosted online.
- Live Chat: This feature is a must-have feature for every video conferencing platform. Live chat allows everyone to make contributions without interrupting the flow of the meeting.
- Customer Support: Support is one feature a good video conferencing platform needs to provide. Ensure that the video conferencing app you choose has 24/7 customer support that offers phone, email, and live chat options. Check out the help center or knowledgebase that can provide answers to your questions.
Helpful Equipment for Running a Video Conferencing Call
Every video conferencing software needs support from various hardware components to function properly. If you want to run a successful video conferencing call, set up some hardware devices for the best experience.
Modern laptops and mobile devices come with integrated microphones and a good webcam, eliminating the need to buy additional hardware.
In the case of a desktop with no ready-on-hand hardware facilities to run your video conferencing call, you need some special hardware.
Here is the essential equipment for running a video conferencing call.
- Microphones and High-End Webcams: You need these devices to get better sound and video quality on your conference calls. Although most business monitors come with built-in video conferencing features, microphones, and webcams are essential equipment for your video conferencing call.
- Lightning: For the highest possible video quality for your webinars and client meetings, lightning is another feature that you need. You can use LED panels, ring lights, or use natural lights.
- Wireless Router: A reliable internet connection is one feature you need to run your video conferencing. Slow or lagging speed can mess up your productivity. Investing in a high-quality Wifi router makes running your video conferences a seamless experience.
Video Conferencing Software FAQ
RingCentral Video is the best video conferencing software for businesses. The platform integrates with your favorite productivity tools like Slack, Google Workspace, and Microsoft 365. Users enjoy built-in video chat and phone calls, file sharing, and screen sharing.
Video conferencing technology is growing in importance thanks to the growth of remote work. Many businesses are using it to employ the best talents and communicate effectively with their hybrid teams, irrespective of the location barrier.
Zoom is one of the best video conferencing platforms that can host and schedule online meetings with up to 1,000 participants. I love Zoom because of its free plan and affordable premium plans.
RingCentral Video is the best online meeting software that can connect hybrid teams across multiple devices. Users get flawless HD video quality and support for up to 200 participants.
There are free video conferencing applications you can choose from. Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, GoToMeeting, and Lifesize all have free tier plans.
Start Conferencing With a Leading Video Conferencing System
Whether it is for individual or business meetings, a video conferencing system allows you to host online meetings irrespective of location barriers.
You have to choose the best video conferencing system that can cater to your unique needs.
Here are the leading video conferencing systems of 2023.
- Best Virtual Meeting Platforms
- Best Conference Call Services for Small Businesses
- Best Free Conference Call Services