24 Powerful Work from Home Tools for Teams Working Remotely
Remote working is on the rise in recent times with many organizations relaxing their most rigid policies to accommodate a remote work model. Traditionally, employers viewed work as activities done in an office setting. In modern times, many employers are open to allowing employees to work from home.
Managing remote teams can be tricky especially if you have no prior experience managing one. Even if you have some experience managing remote teams, there are many work-from-home tools your remote team can adopt to make your remote work life easy.
In this article, you will learn about the best work-from-home tools for project management, team communication, sharing files and documents, time tracking, and remote access.
Common Characteristics of the Best Work From Home Tools
There are certain common characteristics you need to look out for when searching for the best work-from-home tools.
- Accessibility: The best work from home tools make it possible for users to access them from any location at any time using the internet. The remote tools you choose should be easy to install and operate, and not require much maintenance.
- Ease of Use: The best tools for working from home have intuitive user interfaces that make it easy for users to navigate the application. When searching for remote work software, look for remote tools that do not require a steep learning curve.
- Affordability: Pricing is one of the most important factors that determine whether the work-from-home software is ideal for remote users or not. Ideally, you do not want to get a tool that will burn a big hole in your pocket.
- Effectiveness: The remote work software you want to use should have the ability to perform its functions effectively. Using a work-from-home tool that does not serve the purpose intended causes frustrations and unproductivity.
Why Remote Workers and Teams Should Use Work From Home Tools
Work from home tools are growing more popular in the corporate and small business world. Remote workers and teams should adopt work-from-home tools because of the massive benefits it provides for the employer and the employee.
- Increased Productivity: According to a survey conducted by Prodoscore Research Council (PRC), remote workers and teams are likely to spend more time completing a task compared to if they were working on-site.
- Work Flexibility: Enjoy more flexibility over work schedules. Remote teams enjoy the comfort of being at home and more flexible working time with these tools.
- Less Stress: The best tools for remote teams makes work more satisfying and enjoyable for remote teams. There is little stress involved as these remote work software automates many of the menial activities such as data entry that takes a lot of time to accomplish.
Best Work From Home Tools for Project Management
Best Overall Work from Home Tool for Project Management
Monday.com is a project management platform trusted by Adobe, Uber, and Unilever. This software offers you the most comprehensive list of remote collaboration options alongside project management solutions.
- Collaborations: For your remote work from home, Monday.com equips you with a host of much-needed collaborative features to work with other individuals on your team. All communications within your workflow and the entire project between individuals are centralized. You also enjoy integration with top file sharing and collaboration tools on the internet, such as Dropbox, Zoom, Hubspot, Gmail, Microsoft Teams, and MailChimp, among others.
- Team Tracking: You have access to the work capacity as well as real-time updates on the status and progress of individual tasks and workflows embarked upon by your team members.
- Templates: Monday.com comes with multiple templates to manage and get your remote collaboration activities up and running fast. These templates cover remote working needs like templates for daily team tasks, time tracking, remote equipment checks, remote team requests, and employee onboarding, among others.
- Access to Gantt charts
- Unlimited documents, boards, and over 200 templates on the free plan
- Mobile applications
Monday.com is made available to you through five plans: individual, basic, standard, pro, and enterprise plans.
- The free individual plan is suitable for personal use.
- The basic plan is ideal for managing all your teams’ work.
- The standard plan is the most popular and helps you optimize your team processes.
- The pro plan is suitable for streamlining your complex workflows
- The enterprise plan is great for large organizations.
Try out Monday.com’s 14-day free trial to get started.
Top Remote Work Software with Extended Task Management And Sharing Options
- Templates: ClickUp offers you a comprehensive collection of powerful and customizable templates to fasten the remote workflow between you and other team members. Available templates cover your project workspaces, checklists, and custom statuses, as well as bug reports, landing page creation, and event announcements.
- Task Management: This work management software allows you to easily add tasks and assign these tasks to different team members. You also have the option of prioritizing tasks within it, tracking tasks through Kanban boards, and even sharing tasks publicly with other employees of your company and non-team members.
- Collaborations: ClickUp also facilitates real-time communications as well as file sharing either directly or through links.
- Unlimited tasks and members on the free plan
- In-app video recording
- Advanced team and task tracking options
- Integration with over 1,000 tools
You have access to ClickUp through five plans: free forever, unlimited, business, business plus, and enterprise plans.
- The free forever plan is best for personal use.
- The unlimited plan is suitable for small teams.
- The business plan is best for mid-sized teams.
- The business plus plan is ideal for multiple teams.
- The enterprise plan is great for large teams.
Try out ClickUp’s 14-day free trial to know if it is suitable for your remote work needs.
Best Work from Home Software with Intuitive Workload Management And Video Chatting Options
- Teamwork Chat: Teamwork equips you with an integrated chat software that facilitates seamless communication among your team members. You have access to video chatting capabilities as well as options to create temporary chat lines and conduct searches on past messages.
- Centralized View: Through Teamwork’s Kanban board view feature, all team members maintain a centralized view of all elements of the project. They have access to a shared, customizable, and centralized workspace through which they monitor project workflows, optimize project processes and automate project workflows to save time.
- Workload Management: Through transparent workload tracking and reporting, Teamwork allows you to efficiently plan and distribute tasks based on the availability of team members. This ensures that you prevent overload and keep all team members at full productivity levels.
- Templates: Teamwork makes an extensive list of effective project management templates available to you. You get templates for campaign planning to employee onboarding and managing client projects, among others.
- 30-day free trial
- Vast resource management options
- Comprehensively featured communication system
Teamwork comes to you through four plans: Free Forever, Deliver, Grow, and Scale.
- The Free Forever plan is best for individuals and small teams.
- The Deliver plan offers an integrated team chat system.
- The Grow plan offers portfolio management options.
- The Scale plan is determined by a quote and offers unlimited projects and an advanced resource scheduler.
Try out Teamwork’s 30-day free trial to get started.
Top-Notch Collaboration Tool for Remote Teams that Offers A Comprehensive Collection Of Effective Templates
- Customizations: Wrike presents you with a host of customizable options to tailor your remote working environment to what your team needs. Alongside customizable shared dashboards, you enjoy customizable calendars, access roles, and workflows. Project status reports are also customizable, meaning you decide how you generate and share the metrics important to your project.
- Template: To hasten your workflow, you also have access to templates dedicated to different types of teams and project management workflows. These include templates for objectives and key results (OKR), Kanban, actionable items, and a communication plan.
- Integrations: Wrike offers integrations with over 400 external tools for you to centralize your entire business and project management workflow. Integrated platforms include Salesforce, Stripe, Slack, Gmail, and Outlook.
- Intuitive collaborative proofing and approval tool
- Quick and easy access to reports
- Unlimited users on the free plan
- Additional native integrations for security and marketing
- 14-day free trial
Alongside a free plan, Wrike is available to you through four paid plans:
- A professional plan for up to 200 users and coming with shareable dashboards.
- A business plan offering more customization and branding options.
- An enterprise plan with advanced permission and security.
- A pinnacle plan with advanced reporting and automation.
Both the Enterprise and Pinnacle plans are determined by a quote while all paid plans are priced per user. Try out Wrike’s 14-day free trial to get started.
Leading Tool for Remote Teams that Shows Great Focus On Project And Time Tracking
- Tracking: Scoro does not just let you track your team's progress but also allows you to closely monitor your entire project and clients. You keep track of the actual and billable time each individual has spent on tasks, projects, and meetings.
- Collaborations: With Scoro, you easily create and manage an unlimited number of tasks on one platform. Tasks are assigned and delegated accompanied by their priority levels, expected duration, and deadlines. You have a platform for joint project work and seamless file sharing.
- Team Management And Reporting: Access to a centralized real-time dashboard means everyone gets a complete overview of the work done by other team members. Dashboards provide information on upcoming meetings, current projects, and deadlines while generated reports give information about the overall time resources used and available.
- Highly customizable
- 14-day free trial
- Extended work tracking options
With all plans priced per user, Scoro makes itself available through four plans: Essential, Work Hub, Sales Hub, and Ultimate plans.
- The Essential plan is best for small teams.
- The Work Hub plan offers extended integrations.
- The Sales Hub plan offers advanced tracking options.
- The Ultimate plan offers advanced automation and is determined by a quote.
Try out Scoro’s 14-day free trial to get started.
Best Tool for Working from Home with Extended Client Management Options
- Team And Client Collaboration: Celoxis provides you with a platform to easily share files and hold discussions between team members. Additionally coming with fully customizable portals, this work management software equips you with a version control option, activity stream, shared calendars, an “@” mention option, and timely notifications.
- Portfolio Management: Through customizable portfolio dashboards, you customize and track your multiple projects and KPIs on a single hub.
- Time And Expense Management And Tracking: Celoxis’ integrated timesheets and expense module give you access to multiple options to track the time, cost, and billing among team members. To manage your time and expense, you also enjoy multi-level approvals, automatic reminders, in-built timers, and customizable management policies.
- Multilingual platform
- Mobile interface
- Integrations and API access
- Custom fields, charts, widgets, and layouts
- Dedicated risk, issue, and bug tracking options
- Project accounting features
Celoxis’ pricing scheme is straightforward; you either opt for a cloud subscription plan with free support or an on-premise one-time purchase plan with free support for a year.
Try out Celoxis’ 30-day free trial to discover if it is the best work-from-home tool for your remote work needs.
Cheap Remote Work Software with Comprehensive Collection Of Native Applications
Zoho Projects is a project management software tool founded in 1996 that offers remote working options through a host of native collaboration and communication applications.
- Comprehensive Business Communication: Zoho facilitates communication between your remote project team through its Cliq, Meeting, and Connect apps. The Cliq application lets you create chats, voice, and video calls and also share files while the Meeting app serves as a platform to schedule conference meetings over voice and video calls and across time zones. Zoho’s Connect app serves as the platform’s internal social media network.
- Collaborations: Through a host of native applications, Zoho allows you to create team drives for document storage, customize scrum boards, create and collaboratively edit documents, manage spreadsheets, and visualize all workflows. You also send assistance to employees and customers through secure remote sessions. Zoho Projects offer you a Lens app to annotate images.
- Sufficient and comprehensive list of native applications
- Low cost
Zoho Projects is available to you through three plans: free, premium, and enterprise plans.
- The free plan for up to 2 projects.
- The premium plan supports unlimited projects.
- The professional plan is suitable for handling complex project management needs.
Try out Zoho Projects' 10-day free trial to get started.
Affordable Work from Home Software with Intuitive Communication Solutions
- Communication: Alongside a Hive Chat hub and action card comment option, you have access to an email integration called the Hive Mail to facilitate communication among team members. With this, you easily attach emails to action cards and assign tasks directly from your email.
- Work Tracking: Through action cards and a centralized dashboard, you easily monitor the activities of all team members and their progress towards meeting set objectives.
- Integrations: Hive equips you with over 1,000 integrations so you expand or centralize your remote work across multiple platforms. These include integrations with Zoom, Jira, Salesforce, Dropbox, and Google Drive, among others.
- Comprehensive features on the free plan
- Dedicated support team
- HIPAA compliant security system
You have access to Hive through three plans: Hive Solo, Hire Teams, and Hive Enterprise.
- The free Hive Solo plan is ideal for individuals and small teams.
- The Hive Teams plan helps you manage multiple projects.
- The Hive Enterprise plan comes with extended custom project management features, extra support, and it is determined by a quote.
Try out Hive’s 30-day free trial to get started.
Smartest Remote Work Software for Online Project Management
- Collaboration: ProofHub also equips you with a host of intuitive collaboration features that prove useful to your remote workflow. These features for effective collaboration include project proofing options, a centralized discussion and chat hub, “@” mention option, a dedicated space to make announcements, and intuitive email-in features.
- Organization: ProofHub gives you options to properly organize all your project work items and workflows among team members. You have access to multiple calendar views for task scheduling, centralized file storage, project templates, request form management, notes, and file version control options.
- Project Delivery: With ProofHub, you enjoy access to project and resource reports, workload reports, timesheets, project progress reports, daily agenda emails, and a complete overview of all elements of your project.
- 14-day free trial with all features
- No per-user fee
- Fast support
- Free walkthrough
- Multilingual support
- API access
ProofHub is available to you through two paid plans: essential and ultimate control plans.
- The essential plan supports unlimited users
- The ultimate control plan comes with unlimited projects, custom roles, advanced activity logs, and network control, among a host of other features.
Try out ProofHub’s 14-day free trial to get started.
Best Collaboration Tool for Remote Team with Highly Dynamic And Categorized Integrations
Trello is a web-based, kanban-style project management software founded in 2011 and is currently trusted by over 1 million teams worldwide.
- Visualizations: Trello allows you to visualize and centralize your entire team workflow through multiple view options. These options include a table view, boards, lists, and cards, among others.
- Team Management: Multiple remote team management options are placed at your disposal by Trello. A remote team hub lets you organize resources and track project progress, and you easily organize remote team meetings on the same platform.
- Integrations: You have access to PowerUps, which is a collection of both native and external applications integrated into your project management workspace. These include integrations with Microsoft Teams, Slack, Google Drive, and Jira, among others for automation, analytics, file management, IT management, HR, marketing, sales, and more.
- Extensive integrations
- Unlimited cards, activity logs, and users on the free plan
- Mobile applications
Alongside a free plan, Trello is available to you through three plans priced per user: standard, premium, and enterprise plans.
- The standard plan is best for teams that need to manage more work and scale collaboration.
- The premium plan is ideal for teams up to 100 and offers new visualization options.
- The enterprise plan is best for organizations that need to connect multiple teams and it is determined by a quote.
Try out Trello’s 14-day free trial to get started.
Simple Tool for Remote Teams that Places Focus On Providing Centralized Workspaces
Asana is a project management application founded in 2008 that offers you solutions to remotely and seamlessly organize, track, and manage your project work.
- Centralized Workspace: Asana’s Inbox serves as a centralized hub that lets you organize your work items, view project updates, and attachments, comment on tasks, and respond to requests from one place.
- Status Updates: Through interactive overview and dashboard project views, Asana allows you to set and monitor different key elements of your project including project milestones and outlined steps to completing tasks.
- 2-way Integrations
- Unlimited tasks, storage, activity logs, messages, and projects on the free plan
- Mobile applications
- Over 100 free integrations
Asana is available to you through three plans: basic, premium, and business plans.
- The basic plan is free for individuals or teams just getting started with project management.
- The premium plan is best for teams with multiple projects.
- The business plan offers comprehensive project management features for teams and companies.
Try out Asana’s 30-day free trial to get started.
Best Collaboration Tools for Remote Teams with Comprehensive Project Time And Issue Tracking Options
nTask is a project management software trusted by over 250,000 companies worldwide, including Google, PayPal, and HP. This software tool is dedicated to facilitating the planning, analysis, and overall management of your daily tasks.
- Visualizations: Helping you to maintain great organization and complete visualization of your entire project management workflow, this visual project management software provides you with intuitive and fully-featured kanban boards as well as Gantt charts. The key features that define your kanban boards include project linking, task assignment, custom statuses, and pre-built board templates, among others. Your Gantt charts allow you to set task dependencies, create subtasks, and track your expenses, among other intuitive features. Additionally, you have access to other visualization options such as list, grid, and calendar views.
- Collaborations: nTask equips you with much-needed collaboration solutions to improve your team communications, which include team chats, dedicated workspaces, bulk team invites, and multiple commenting options.
- 14-day free trial
- Highly centralized workspace
- Intuitive time tracking options
- Schedule management options
- Issue tracking
- Risk management
- Over 1000 integrations
nTask’s collaboration platform is available to you through four plans: basic, premium, business, and enterprise plans.
- The basic plan is free and comes with unlimited tasks and workspaces.
- The premium plan is suitable for small-to-medium-sized businesses and startups.
- The business plan comes with kanban board templates and risk management options.
- The enterprise plan with a dedicated cloud server and account manager. The final cost of the Enterprise plan is determined by a quote.
Try out nTask’s 14-day free trial to get started.
Best Work From Home Tools for Team Communication
Best Overall Remote Work Software for Team Communication
Chanty is one of the best collaboration tools for remote teams that focuses on making team communication easier and instant. This AI-powered team chat software is used by top companies such as Upwork, Entrepreneur, HubSpot, GoDaddy, Foundr, Invision, CrazyEgg, SmartInsights, GetResponse, FinancesOnline, and Marketo.
- Team Collaboration: Chanty makes it easy to share work with your team. You can communicate, collaborate, and connect with remote teams through its team collaboration features such as text, video, or video syncing and sharing of screens, links, and files.
- Teambook feature: This Chanty-specific team communication feature helps you organize your team activities in such a way that your remote team can easily browse through when they need access to shared information.
- Security: You can restrict the software to invite-only team access. Protect your data from external threats with its data encryption feature.
- Kanban Board View: Switch over to Kanban board view to enjoy a simple, visual, and flexible way to manage tasks for your remote team.
- Integration: Chanty integrates with popular apps such as Zapier, Giphy, Google Drive, Dropbox, Onedrive, Github, Gitlab, Bitbucket, Trello, Asana, Mailchimp, Jira, Google Calendar, Basecamp, Stripe, and Gmail.
- Mobile application available for download on the Apple Store and Google Playstore
- Data exports
- Free plan and affordable pricing
- 24/7 customer support
Chanty offers you two plans: free and business plans.
- The free plan for teams of up to ten members.
- The business plan supports unlimited users with extra features.
Book a demo to try out Chanty’s business plan for free.
Best Work from Home Tool for Organizing Your Remote Team
Slack is a robust team communication software tool that makes it easy for teams to converse with each other and stay well organized. Over 750,000 companies such as Uber, Netflix, and Intuit use this powerful communication tool.
- Channels: With this feature, you can create dedicated and flexible spaces for your team to collaborate and get their tasks done. You have the option of creating spaces where you can communicate with chosen team members rather than the whole team. Slack offers you two types of channels: public channels which are open for all and private channels which are restricted to a few.
- Integration: Slack App Directory has over 2,400 apps that integrate with the platform such as file-sharing services such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, and Microsoft OneDrive. This communication tool also integrates with other popular apps such as Loom, Google Calendar, Microsoft Teams, Trello, HubSpot, Salesforce, Evernote, Notion, Airtable, Asana, ClickUp, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Slack Connect: You can use this feature to collaborate with other teams outside your organization and still enjoy Slack’s seamless team communication features such as messaging and accessibility.
- Video and Voice Calls: Use Slack’s voice and video conferencing tools to foster communication among remote teams and boost their productivity. Video conferencing helps you communicate as if you are seeing eye-to-eye with your team members.
- Enterprise-grade data protection
- Mobile application for Android and iOS devices
- Web applications that support Windows and macOS
- Free plan
Slack offers you four pricing plans: free, pro, business+, and enterprise grid.
- The free plan offers simple team communication features for starters.
- The pro plan is suitable for small teams who want access to more collaboration features.
- The business+ plan is best for keeping your teams connected and scaling your business.
- The enterprise grid plan is ideal for large enterprises.
Try out Slack’s 30-day free trial to get started.
15. Microsoft Teams
Leading Work from Home Software with Chat, Call, and Video Conferencing Features
Developed by software giant Microsoft, Microsoft Teams is one of the best communication and collaboration tools available in the market.
- Team Collaboration: Collaborate remotely with Microsoft Teams meet, chat, and call features from the comfort of your home. Microsoft Teams keeps your teams connected at all times. You can also share stickers and GIFs with team members.
- Online Meetings: Set up online meetings for your team with its video and audio conferencing tools. You can also attend and hold virtual events such as webinars for up to 1,000 participants from your home.
- Integration: Microsoft Teams integrates with popular apps such as RingCentral, Zapier, Monday.com, Asana, Polly, TeamViewer, Smartsheet, HubSpot, Trello, and Salesforce.
- File sharing and storage
- Multilingual support
- Native integration with Microsoft apps
- 30-day free trial
- Workspace customization
- Multi-factor authentication and secure guest access
Microsoft Teams offers three pricing plans: free, business basic, and business standard plans.
- The free plan is best for businesses just getting started.
- The business basic plan is ideal for businesses that need easy remote solutions.
- The business standard plan is suitable for businesses that need full remote work and collaboration tools.
Try out Microsoft Teams’ 30-day free trial to get started.
Best Work from Home Tool for Connecting Remote and In-Person Teams
- Team Communication: Zoom provides multiple team communication tools for you to connect audibly and visually with your team. These tools include Zoom Meetings, Zoom Chat, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Events & Webinars. You can record your video sessions so that your team members can view them at a later stage.
- App Marketplace: This video conferencing software integrates with other platforms such as Google Workspace, Salesforce Sales Cloud 360, Slack, Polly, Teamplify, Pipedrive, Monday.com, Microsoft Teams, Gmail, Marketo, Clickfunnels, and Zapier.
- Supports up to 1,000 video participants and 10,000 viewers
- Data encryption and password protection
- Recording and transcription
- Firefox, Chrome, and Safari extension
- Web and mobile application
Zoom has four pricing plans: basic, pro, business, and enterprise plans.
- The basic plan is best for personal meetings.
- The pro plan is ideal for small teams.
- The business plan is suitable for small businesses.
- The enterprise plan is great for large enterprises.
Best Work From Home Tools for Sharing Files & Documents
17. Google Drive
Best Remote Work Software for Google Account Holders
- File-Sharing and Storage: Share and store documents, videos, audio files, photos, and presentations with your team that they can easily access from the comfort of their homes using any internet-connected device. You can select specific remote team members you want to share files and documents with, and block people from viewing them.
- Cloud-native Collaboration: Google Drive integrates with cloud-native apps such as Docs, Slides, and Sheets in real-time to foster effective collaboration for remote teams. This file-sharing service integrates with other applications your remote team uses such as Atlassian, DocuSign, Adobe, Slack, Salesforce, and Autodesk.
- High-data security
- Scans shared files for malware, spam, ransomware, or phishing threats
- Easy accessibility across devices (desktop, tablets, and phones)
- Mobile application for iOS and Android devices
- Free online office suite
- Cheap high-volume plans
- Desktop-to-desktop file syncing
Google Drive is free to use for up to 15 GB of storage. To get the best storage plan per user for your remote team, use the Google Workspace Essentials plan that offers 100GB per user and 2TB pooled cloud storage. Try out Google Workspace Essential plan for free for 30 days to get started.
Best File-Sharing Tool for Remote Teams
- Team Collaboration: Collaborate with coworkers securely from any device. Dropbox makes it easy to access your file and quickly send any file irrespective of its size. Easily manage tasks and track file updates in real-time for effective collaboration with your remote clients and teams.
- Integration: Dropbox integrates with popular third-party applications such as Zoom, Slack, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Workspace, Tello, Asana, and Canvas.
- Multi-layer data protection
- Desktop and mobile applications
- 30-day free trial
Dropbox offers you five pricing plans: plus, family, professional, standard, and advanced plans.
- The plus plan is best for individuals.
- The family plan is suitable for families.
- The professional plan is great for individuals with larger needs.
- The standard plan is ideal for smaller teams.
- The advanced plan is suitable for large teams.
Try out Dropbox’s 30-day free trial to get started.
Top Cloud Storage Software for Windows Users
Microsoft OneDrive is a cloud storage service that is suitable for Windows users and used by thousands of users globally.
- Accessibility: Microsoft OneDrive makes it easy for your remote teams to share and access files from any location using any internet-connected device such as PCS, mobile phone, and tablets. You enjoy the freedom to edit and share your files and documents with your remote team members quickly and easily.
- Data Backup: Protect your data at all times with OneDrive. This cloud storage tool saves files you are working on automatically when online so that even if you lose your device, your information is still readily available.
- Document Scanning: Scan your files, documents, notes, receipts, and business cards from your mobile phone with Microsoft OneDrive’s app.
- Microsoft 365 Integration: Collaborate in real-time with Microsoft 365 apps such as Word and Excel.
- Microsoft OneDrive mobile app for iOS and Android devices
- Ransomware recovery
- Integrates well with the Windows ecosystem
- Large file limit of 100GB
Microsoft OneDrive provides you with four pricing plans for businesses: OneDrive for Business (Plan 1), OneDrive for Business (Plan 2), Microsoft 365 Business Basic, and Microsoft 365 Business Standard.
- OneDrive for Business (Plan 1) plan offers file sharing and OneDrive storage capabilities.
- OneDrive for Business (Plan 2) plan offers file sharing and OneDrive storage with advanced security and compliance features.
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic plan offers Microsoft Teams and cloud storage features.
- Microsoft 365 Business Standard plan offers business-class email and Office apps and services like OneDrive.
Try out Microsoft OneDrive’s 30-day free trial plan to get started.
Best Work From Home Tools for Time Tracking
Best Work from Home Tool for Time Tracking
Toggl is a time tracking tool software for remote teams, trusted by over 700,000 customers including top companies such as LinkedIn, Amazon, Uber, Salesforce, and Booking.com.
- Time Tracking: Track the working hours of your remote team in real-time with Toggl’s time tracking feature. This feature allows you to keep your remote team productive and on course to complete the required tasks. Toggl lets you track the time your remote team spends on a task or activity. You also get tracking reminders notifying you when to start and stop the activity.
- Easy to Use: With a low barrier to entry, your remote team can easily get onboarded without having to experience any steep learning curve.
- Reporting: Get insightful reports about the projects your team is embarking upon and reports on users in one dashboard.
- Integration: Toggl integrates with over 100+ popular tools such as Asana, GitHub, Evernote, GitLab, Google Calendar, Jira, Notion, Salesforce, Slack, Todoist, Trello, Xero, Zapier, Basecamp, Bitrix24, ClickUp, Gmail, Google Docs, Wrike, and Zendesk.
- Personalized demo for teams of 10+
- Stellar customer support
- Data security
- Web, desktop, and mobile applications
Toggl offers you four pricing plans: free, starter, premium, and enterprise plans.
- The free plan is best for individuals and freelancers.
- The starter plan is ideal for small teams.
- The premium plan is suitable for growing teams.
- The enterprise plan is great for large or complex organizations.
Try out Toggl’s 30-day free plan with no credit card required to get started.
Leading Work from Home Software for Time Tracking
TimeCamp is a time tracking software that helps individuals and businesses to increase project profitability with its time tracking features. Trusted by 18,000 teams from all over the world, this time tracking tool makes it easy to track the time logged by your remote team.
- Time Tracking: Easily track the billable hours for every team member and synchronize all the activities of your remote team with TimeCamp. Use timesheets to execute a project successfully.
- Integration: TimeCamp integrates with over 100 work tools such as Airtable, Asana, ClickUp, GitLab, Google Calendar, Google Doc, Gmail, Insightly, Jira, Monday.com, Notion, Pipedrive, Slack, Salesforce, Trello, QuickBooks Online, Smartsheet, Todoist, and Xero.
- Team Management: Track the performance of your remote team, check how well they are performing, and measure their productivity and time spent on tasks.
- Easy and insightful reports
- Web and mobile applications
- Track time on Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers
- 14-day free trial
TimeCamp offers four pricing plans: the free plan that measures what activities you spend time on, the basic plan that offers more transparent features that boost customer relations, the pro plan that gives you full control over your business, and the enterprise plan for your custom needs.
Try out TimeCamp’s 14-day free trial to get started.
Good Work from Home Software for Tracking Work Hours
Hubstaff is a time tracking software trusted by over 40,000+ businesses such as Groupon, Clippers, and Instacart.
- Time and Project Tracking: Easily and accurately track your projects and the time your team spent on tasks irrespective of their size. Access the productivity of your team members with Hubstaff time tracking features such as an in-built GPS time tracking feature and online timesheets.
- Reports: Enjoy easy online detailed and actionable time reports such as timesheet reports, attendance reports, and time off reports to improve resource planning and profitability.
- Integrations: Hubstaff integrates with popular apps and add-ons such as Asana, ClickUp, GitLab, GitHub, Mavenlink, Paymo, Jira, Insightly, Trello, Wrike, PayPal, Slack, Payooner, FreshBooks, QuickBooks, Salesforce, and Zoho Projects.
- Web and mobile applications
- 14-day free trial
- Automated payroll
- 60-day money-back guarantee
Hubstaff offers four pricing plans: time free, time starter, time pro, and enterprise plans.
- The time-free plan supports only one user and is suitable for personal use.
- The time starter plan supports two users.
- The time pro plan is best for remote teams.
- The enterprise plan is ideal for large teams.
Try out Hubstaf’s 14-day free plan to get started.
Best Work From Home Tools for Remote Access
Best Remote Connectivity Software for Remote Teams
- Remote Access: Enjoy effective solutions for remote access for remote teams. TeamViewer helios you stay connected with your team members from a distance. With TeamViewer remote access tools, you can work from home and even when on business trips. Get access to remote PCs, mobiles, and servers without installing a VPN.
- Remote Support: TeamViewer enables you to easily communicate and assist customers and employees remotely. As a business, computer glitches, device failures, and system crashes can halt your operations. Provide instant and ad-hoc remote support for your employees and clients with TeamViewer.
- End-to-end 256-bit AES encryption
- Two-factor authentication
- Mobile device support
- Available on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Linux devices
TeamViewer offers three pricing plans: single-user, multi-user, and for teams.
- The single-user plan provides you with a business license with 1 remote session.
- The multi-user plan offers you a premium license with 15 licensed users.
- The for team plan offers you 3 remote sessions with a corporate license.
Try out TeamViewer’s 14-day free trial to get started.
Best Remote Desktop Access Software for Fast Access
AnyDesk is one of the best remote desktop access software with over 400+ million downloads worldwide and an impressive 900+ million sessions per month.
- Remote Support: Provide exceptional customer support to your clients irrespective of the location barrier. This TeamViewer alternative helps you easily solve complex client issues and connect them to your support team quickly.
- Cross-Compatibility: AnyDesk supports cross-compatibility across a variety of operating systems such as macOS, Linux, Windows, Android, iOS, Chrome OS, FreeBSD, and Raspberry Pi. With this feature, you can easily connect users to a wide range of platforms.
- Free updates
- Top-notch security
- Works across all platforms
- 14-day free trial
AnyDesk has three pricing plans: Essentials, Performance, and Enterprise plans.
- The Essentials plan offers basic features for remote working.
- The Performance plan offers fast and reliable business features for remote working.
- The enterprise plan offers full customization and integration for large remote teams.
Try out AnyDesk 14-day free trial to get started.