How to Download YouTube Videos For Free in 2023
YouTube is the second most visited social platform in the world, with over 30 million visitors per day.
Also, having over 300 hours of video uploaded on the platform every minute has made the platform the go-to destination for uploading and watching videos.
However, as much as you wouldn’t mind watching your favorite YouTube videos directly on the platform, having the video on your computer and mobile device allows you to watch them offline without any form of internet interruptions. It also offers you the opportunity to hold onto them in case they get deleted from YouTube.
YouTube doesn’t allow downloads outside its platform and since YouTube is a subsidiary of Google, you may hardly find any app that downloads YouTube videos on Google Playstore. So, finding an alternative that is both reliable and secured is your best option.
In this article, I’ll explain the best tools that can help you download your favorite YouTube videos on any device safely and also recommend cloud storage platforms to securely store these videos.
Let’s get started.
Is Downloading YouTube Videos Legal?
Almost five billion videos are watched around the world each day, so it’s not surprising that people would want to have an offline version of their favorite videos.
However, YouTube doesn’t want anyone downloading the videos on its site for these reasons:
- YouTube makes money from paid ads on its site and also from YouTube Premium subscription (assuming it is available in your country).
- YouTube creators also make money from the site and so, YouTube is stern on protecting the content of its creators.
Following these reasons, it's only fair to consider the legality of downloading YouTube videos.
What Does the Law Say?
The United States copyright law emphasizes that it is illegal to make a copy of content if you do not have the permission of the copyright owner. That applies to every form of content, both public or private use.
However, in reality, the chance of facing a criminal lawsuit, especially as a private user, is very slim. But that doesn’t change the fact that the law doesn’t support downloading YouTube videos.
What Does YouTube Say?
YouTube doesn’t regard downloading the videos on its platform as illegal per se. It is just against their terms of service. That’s why you won’t see any application on Google play store whose sole function is downloading YouTube videos.
YouTube has never lashed at a user for downloading videos off its platform. Even though they once threatened to take youtube-mp3.org, a popular converter site, to court in an attempt to discourage people from ripping music off its platform free of charge. However, nothing ever came of it.
However, the struggle with videos that can be downloaded on YouTube is that these videos can only be accessed on the YouTube platform, either through the website or the mobile application, and cannot be converted to mp3 and saved or shared outside the YouTube platform.
In a nutshell, downloading YouTube videos is not illegal. However, it does open you up to potential copyright infringement.
What are the Steps to Download YouTube Videos?
As of 2012, 72 hours of video were uploaded on the YouTube website every minute. The number has since risen to 500 hours of videos per minute, making YouTube an incredibly dense resource of numerous information and knowledge.
So, deciding to have this wealth of information stored as mp4 in your personal device to be accessed anytime is not uncommon.
Luckily, there are video downloading tools to help you convert your favorite YouTube videos into mp4.
You should note that these tools are not limited to YouTube alone as they can download video and audio files from other platforms like Vimeo, DailyMotion, Metacafe, Facebook, and Instagram.
Before using any video downloading tool, here are some features you must look out for:
- Speed: A good video downloading tool should be able to download videos very quickly and with minimal interruptions.
- Pricing: Most video downloading tools are free and ads-supported. The reason for ads on the site is to help the software developers maintain and update the functionality of the site – which is fair. If you are not interested in the ads, you can cancel or click “I do not accept” however the case may be.
- Interface: You don't have to be tech-savvy to use a video downloading tool. You should be able to navigate your way around the website without any technicalities.
- Video Quality: An excellent downloading tool must have a standard video quality for all its converted files. It must not outrightly be HD, but the quality must be ideal for viewing. It is best if the video downloading tool provides video resolution options for you to choose from.
- Subtitles: It's not all the time you watch YouTube videos in your language. So, you should look out for video downloading tools that support downloading videos with subtitles.
- Security: Look out for video downloading tools that are fully equipped against viruses.
- Batch Download: In cases where you want to download a YouTube playlist, you may decide to download the files individually or in bulk. A good video downloading tool should have different options that can help you download the playlist conveniently.
Steps to Download YouTube Videos using Video Downloader Tools
Let’s go through the general steps to download YouTube videos using video downloader tools.
- Log onto YouTube website and open the video you want to download.
- Copy the video link from the address bar on the website.
- Open the video downloading tool and paste your YouTube video link in the text bar.
- After pasting it, you will make several choices, such as video resolution and video size.
- After selecting your preferred choices, click on the “Download” option.
Here are some of the best video downloader tools for you.
1. 4K Video Downloader
Best Overall Online Video Downloader.
4K video downloader is easily everyone's favorite YouTube video downloader because not only is the software frequently updated, it doesn't have any ad traps, and it is multilingual.
The software interface is easy to navigate, and it’s available on Windows, macOS, and UbuntuLinux. 4K video downloader also grabs subtitles and can download an entire YouTube playlist of your choice.
While it is free, the paid version goes for $15, which will last you for a lifetime and offer you access to some high-end features like downloading more than 25 videos at a time.
However, the free version offers just about the best features to comfortably download your YouTube videos.
The Safest and Most User-Friendly Youtube Downloader For Your MAC/PC, iPhone, and iPad.
With the new SYC 2, you can get your music and video downloads on any computer or Apple device, as well as 4K Ultra HD, 60FPS, subtitles, and playlist support.
With a built-in YouTube browser, you can search for YouTube videos without leaving the app, and you can copy links from other supported websites on SYC 2.
The long list of supported websites includes SoundCloud, Vimeo, BandCamp, VEVO, BREAK, Weibo, DailyMotion, Facebook, and many more.
Automatic Content Recognition, One-Click Push to iOS Devices, Fast Ringtone Maker are some of the powerful features of this limitless YouTube downloader that enables you to access content on all platforms.
SYC 2 starts at $19.95.
3. 5K Player
Most Versatile Online Video Downloader.
Although 5K player is a multimedia player, it comes with an integrated downloader supported on both Windows and macOS, making it a good consideration for YouTube video downloaders.
5K player is totally free but will require some personal data like your name and email address upon registration. It has an inbuilt hardware accelerator that ensures a fast download of YouTube videos and offers multiple options for video resolutions and format.
However, because 5K player is not solely a video downloader, the interface may be confusing for just anyone.
All-round Satisfactory Online Video Downloader with an Easy to Use Interface.
Keepvid has a clear interface that scores it some points in our YouTube video downloader list. But that's not all. It also offers you numerous options for video resolutions at a swift download pace.
Although Keepvid states upfront that it won't handle playlist or bulk downloads, its desktop alternative Vidus can perform bulk downloads for $18.50.
Best Conventional Online Video Downloader.
Y2Mate is an excellent YouTube video downloader. However, it's not limited to only YouTube videos as you can also download Facebook videos, DailyMotion videos, Vimeo videos, and Metacafe videos from the site without any hassles.
It is a very efficient video downloading tool and has a simple user interface that allows you to easily convert your favorite YouTube videos to mp4.
Available in 19 languages, Y2Mate ensures that everyone can effortlessly grasp the content of its site. It also has maximum protection against malware, spyware, adware, and other viruses.
With no charge, you can download your favorite YouTube videos in your preferred video resolution and format.
Most Popular Online Video Downloader With Fast Download Performance.
SaveFrom.net offers a convenient way to download YouTube videos, Facebook videos, DailyMotion videos, Vimeo videos, and videos from Megavideos with its user-friendly interface and also supports high definition videos for free.
It is a fast and lightweight download tool, and it won’t compromise the speed and functionality of other applications on your computer.
The site is analyzed by the Norton Safe web and is 100% safe from viruses, adware, malware, and spyware.
However, unlike the other video downloading tools, SaveFrom.net has a different step to download YouTube videos. Let’s see it below.
- Log onto YouTube website and open the video you want to download.
- In the video link on the address bar, type in “ss” after “www.” but before “youtube.com.”
- Click Enter on your computer keyboard, and it will direct you to the SaveFrom.net website, where you will make several choices such as video resolution and video size.
- After selecting your preferred choices, click on the “Download” option.
7. WinX YouTube Downloader
Most Safe and Secure YouTube Downloader.
WinX is one of the fastest and secure YouTube video downloaders without any hidden plugins, spyware, adware, malware, or virus. It has an easy to use interface with numerous options for video formats, size, and resolutions.
However, you cannot select more than the maximum option available for the original video.
WinX offers its downloading services free with no hidden charges, allowing you to download multiple videos simultaneously. It is available on Windows and macOS.
However, for macOS, you will find it as MacX YouTube Downloader’.
How Do You Download YouTube Videos Directly?
Downloading YouTube videos directly is a super easy process when you use a 4K video downloader.
That's the best downloading software we have tested, and it does its job very well. It has numerous features that make downloading YouTube videos on the app very easy.
However, it doesn’t stop at YouTube videos alone. The 4K video downloader can also download videos from Facebook, Vimeo, DailyMotion, Megavideo, and Metacafe.
Let’s look at the features of the 4K video downloader.
- 4K video downloader is available only on a computer and is fully compatible with the Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems.
- It has a wide range of video quality, formats, and resolution, including 360-degree video and up to 8K video quality.
- It's impressively fast, and the video download process only takes a few seconds.
- It has a smart mode that allows you to set a default video quality and format, subtitle choice, and video location so that you don’t repeatedly select it each time you want to download.
Although the 4k video downloader is a free downloading tool, it has a premium version that offers more benefits. The premium version is divided into three types of licenses, and you can use them on up to 3 different computers.
- Personal License: This license is available at $15 for a lifetime and allows you to unlock all the features of the app without any restriction, such as the YouTube subscription feature that allows you to subscribe to your favorite YouTube channel and automatically downloads their videos every time they upload on their channel.
- 4K Bundle License: This license is available at $25 for a lifetime and offers all the benefits of the personal license with some additional features like downloading Instagram media.
- Pro License: This license is available at $45 for a lifetime and is most suitable for businesses. It permits the use of the YouTube video for commercial purposes and allows up to 7 simultaneous downloads.
How to use 4K Video Downloader
- Download and install the 4K video downloader on your computer. If you opt for any of the premium versions, click on the activate button at the top of the homepage and type in the License key you received upon purchase.
- Log onto YouTube website and search for the video you want to download. Once you find the video, click on it and allow the page to load fully.
- Once the page loads, allow the video to play for a few seconds. Then pause the video and move to the address bar of the website. You will always find the address bar at the top of the site. It is crucial to allow the video play first before you copy the URL to ensure that it's your precise YouTube video URL about to be copied. The YouTube video URL can also be called the YouTube video link.
- Copy the URL in the address bar on the website. To copy the URL, place the cursor on the address bar and click once to highlight the URL in the address bar. Right-click on the highlighted URL and select copy on the dropdown menu that appears.
- Go back to the 4K video downloader app and open it. Click on the “Paste Link” option on the homepage. The video link will start processing immediately.
- After the link has been processed, a menu will appear on your screen and you can then choose your preferred video format, quality, and the location you want the video to be stored in on your computer.
- After making your choices, click on the “Download” button. Your video will start downloading now and will be available in minutes. You will also be able to see the video download progress on the homepage.
How Do You Download YouTube Videos with Browser Add-ons?
Unlike video downloading sites where you paste the URL of your favorite YouTube video to download it, browser add-ons offer a more efficient, convenient, and effective alternative.
All you need to do is to download and install the program on your computer and the add-on downloads the video of your choice in a straightforward process. However, keep in mind that browser add-ons work best only on a computer.
Let’s see how to install browser add-ons in these steps below.
Installing a Browser Add-on for YouTube Videos on Chrome
As you already know, YouTube is solely invested in keeping users on the YouTube platform for as long as they can and since Google owns YouTube and Chrome is one of Google's numerous products, installing add-ons on chrome browsers may not be as easy and straightforward as other browsers.
Let's see the steps involved:
- Go to the site of your preferred browser add-on and click on the download button. The extension would be downloaded to your device.
- Open a new tab on your chrome browser and click on “Settings“. Go to “Tools” and click on “Extensions“.
- At the top right side of the screen, you would see an option to “Enable Developer Mode“. Click on it.
- After you enable developer mode, a menu will be displayed that allows you to load the extension. Click on the “Load Button.”
- Locate the downloaded extension in your computer files and click on it. That should install the add-on to your chrome browser.
Installing a Browser Add-on for YouTube Videos on Other Browsers
Browsers like Opera, Safari, Firefox are not as complex as Chrome. They are much easier and straightforward.
Let's see the steps involved:
- Go to the site of your preferred YouTube video browser add-ons and click the download button.
- Once downloaded, locate the file on your computer and double-click on it to install it. You could also right-click on the file and select “Run as Administrator“.
- After a successful installation, the browser add-on will be added directly to your browser.
Downloading YouTube Videos with a Browser Add-on
After successfully installing your browser add-on on your computer, you can follow these steps to download YouTube videos to your computer.
- Open the YouTube website and choose a video you want to download.
- Click on the video to open it, and a “Download Option” will instantly pop up underneath the video.
- Click on the “Download option” and choose your preferred video format and resolution.
- Click “Download” and your video will be downloaded and saved to your device.
Best Browser Add-ons for Downloading YouTube Videos
When choosing a browser add-on, ensure that it's simple to use, can be operated without any hassles, and is supported on numerous browsers.
Also, look out for multiple video downloads in different video formats and resolutions.
Let's look at some of the best browser add-ons you can use to download your YouTube videos.
Best Overall Browser Add-on for Downloading YouTube Videos.
Addoncrop is a YouTube downloader extension that lets you download YouTube videos from YouTube directly. It works pretty smoothly and has some enticing features such as a dark mode setting and hiding comments on YouTube videos.
It also enables video auto-play and allows you to download videos in your preferred format and quality up to 1080P.
However, it must be noted that this extension only works for videos with playtime below 180 minutes.
2. Video DownloaderHelper
Most Preferred Browser Add-on with Advanced Features for Downloading YouTube Videos.
Video DownloaderHelper is a very sophisticated browser add-on with unique features like support for HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) and the ability to play DASH (Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP) videos.
You can convert saved videos to any format with Video DownloaderHelper and perform multiple downloads at a time. It also allows you to select your preferred video format, filter the video, and customize the name of the video file.
3. YouTube ByClick
Best Browser Add-on with Unlimited Video Formats for Downloading YouTube Videos.
YouTube ByClick works on multiple video sites, including Vimeo, Facebook, DailyMotion, Megavideo, and Metacafe. It has a simple interface and runs on any browser efficiently.
Although it's a free version, it also has a premium version that offers advanced features like allowing you to convert YouTube videos to HD format as well as to AVI and WMV formats.
The premium version costs $9.99 for installations on up to three different computers.
4. Video Downloader PLUS
All-round Versatile Browser Add-on for Downloading YouTube Videos.
Video Downloader PLUS is one of the numerous browser add-ons that supports downloading YouTube videos as well as Facebook videos, DailyMotion videos, and Vimeo videos.
It also allows you to save multiple video files simultaneously and also provides numerous options for video format, quality, and size.
4. Online Download Manager
Most Preferred Browser Add-on with High Speed for Downloading YouTube Videos.
Online Download Manager is simple, straightforward, multilingual, and allows you to save multiple videos simultaneously at a very fast pace. However, it works best on a Chrome browser.
It has numerous amazing features including running offline, syncing video clips to the cloud, and controlling sites you want it to work on.
Online Download Manager offers various video formats for download and you can also disable autoplay, annotations, and ads from within the plugin itself.
How Do I Download YouTube Videos with a Virtual Desktop?
Using a Virtual Desktop to download your YouTube videos is very easy and straightforward.
However, it is not limited to only Youtube videos as it can download videos from other social platforms such as Facebook, Megavideo, DailyMotion, Vimeo, and Metacafe.
You don’t need any YouTube video downloader app or plugin and you can download videos in different formats and quality straight from your browser.
I’ve outlined two methods to help you download your favorite YouTube videos with a Virtual desktop. Let’s look at them below.
- Go to the YouTube website and select the video you want to download.
- Click on the video and allow it to load fully. Once loaded, allow it to play for a few seconds and then pause the video.
- Go to the address bar, which is at the top of the site. Click on the URL of the video and type in “vd” after “www.” but before “youtube.com” After typing, click the Enter button on your computer keyboard.
- Once you click Enter, you will be redirected to the VDYoutube website.
- On the VDYoutube website, scroll down to see the different quality and resolutions available for download.
- Choose your most preferred video quality and resolution. Please note that the higher the number of resolutions, the brighter the quality of the video. For example, a 1280 x 720 video resolution has a brighter video quality than a 640 x 360 video resolution.
- After deciding on your preferred video resolution, click on the “Download button” beside it.
- You will be redirected to another tab where your video will start playing by itself. Pause the video and right-click on the screen. Then, select “Save Video As” in the pop up that appears.
- The video will immediately start downloading on your desktop. After successfully downloading, a pop up will appear on the screen with a default name, “videoplayback“. Change the default name to your preferred file name. Type in the name and select your preferred location. Then, click “Save.”
- You can also click on the three dots on the video and click on “Download” in the menu that appears. However, this feature downloads and saves the video directly on your computer. You will have to search for the file in your Downloads folder to rename it.
- Log onto the YouTube website and select the video you wish to download.
- Allow the video to load and play for a few seconds. Then pause the video.
- Go to the address bar on the YouTube website and copy the URL on the video.
- In a new tab, open the VDYouTube website. In the search bar, paste the URL and click Enter on your computer keyboard or the “GO Button” beside the search bar.
- The video will show up in different quality and resolutions. Click on ” Download” beside your preferred format and your video will start downloading instantly.
How Do I Download YouTube Videos with a VLC Media Player?
The multimedia player, with the icon of an orange traffic cone, VLC media player, is one of the best multimedia players and has become everybody’s go-to because of the following reasons:
- It is free.
- It is supported on numerous platforms such as Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- It supports various formats of video and audio files.
- It doesn’t require any additional add-on to function.
- It doesn’t have ads, and it’s free from viruses.
However, an added advantage that few people seem to miss is the ability of VLC media players to download YouTube videos.
Over the years, VideoLAN organization, developers of VLC media player has recorded a total of over 3 billion downloads on the platform.
What does this tell you?
Not only is downloading from a VLC media player easy and straightforward, it conveniently converts the YouTube video to a high-resolution mp4 version which can easily be saved on your computer.
Here’s what you will need when using a VLC media player to download YouTube videos.
- An active internet connection
- YouTube video link
- A VLC media player
- A web browser
Let’s look at the very easy steps that can help you download YouTube videos with a VLC media player. But take note that these steps work only on a computer device.
Steps to Download YouTube Videos with a VLC Media Player
- Get the VLC media player if you haven’t already. You can download it here. Click on the downward arrow beside the “Download VLC” to select your preferred device.
- After a successful download, open the VLC media player.
- In the Navigation bar of your VLC media player, click on “Media” and then select “Open Network Stream” for Windows users. For Mac users, click on “File” and then select “Open media.”
- Go over to YouTube and highlight the URL of the YouTube video that you will like to download. The URL is located in the address bar, at the top of your browser. Then right-click and select “Copy” from the dropdown, or you could simply type Ctrl + C on your keyboard if using a Windows computer or Command + C if using a Mac computer.
- Return to the VLC media player and click on “Network” along the top menu bar.
- A URL field will appear on the screen. Paste the copied URL from YouTube videos onto that space. You can do this by right-clicking on the empty URL field and selecting Paste from the dropdown, or you can simply type Ctrl + V if using a Windows computer or Command + V if using a Mac.
- After pasting the YouTube video URL into the URL field, click “Play” for Windows users or “Open” for Mac users. That will cause the YouTube video to begin playing in your VLC media player.
- Select the YouTube video information in the navigation bar.
- For Windows Users: In the navigation bar of your VLC media player, click on “Tools” and then select “Codec Information” on the dropdown.
- For Mac Users: In the navigation bar of your VLC media player, click on “Windows” and then select “Media Information” on the dropdown.
- After selecting the YouTube video information, a pop-up will appear on your screen. Highlight and copy the address on the location bar. The Location bar can be found at the bottom of the pop-up image in the General bar. It’s a very long address so here’s how to easily copy it.
- For Windows users: Right-click on the location bar and click “Select All” on the dropdown menu. The address will be highlighted by now, so right-click again and select “Copy” on the dropdown menu.
- For Mac users: Right-click on the location bar and select “Open URL.”
- Go over to your internet browser and open a new tab. Paste the text copied from the location bar on the VLC media player into the address bar on your internet browser. That will open an mp4 version of your YouTube video that can be saved on your desktop. However, Mac users should skip this step since you have selected “Open URL” in the previous step.
- Move your cursor to a space on the enlarged YouTube video playing on your screen. Right-click and select “Save Video As” on the dropdown menu.
- Change the name of the file to your preferred choice and also select your preferred video file destination. Click on “Save.”
- The video will be downloaded and saved on your computer at the highest resolution available. After downloading successfully, you can then open the location of the video and watch your YouTube video offline.
How Do I Download YouTube Videos onto my Phone?
There are over three billion smartphone users in the world and this number keeps increasing because of the convenience and versatility that come with using a smartphone, one of which includes downloading YouTube videos.
Downloading YouTube videos on your phone is very easy. Let’s see the steps involved.
The YouTube app is a very convenient and efficient way of selecting and watching your favorite YouTube videos. It’s very simple and easy to use and has over five billion downloads on Google Playstore.
It offers far more features than the YouTube website, but more importantly, it can be used to download any video of your choice. However, there’s some backside to the download feature of the YouTube app.
Firstly, videos downloaded via the YouTube app cannot be converted to mp4 and will remain in the YouTube app. You can watch them offline, but you can’t share them or access them outside the YouTube app.
Secondly, some videos have copyright restrictions and cannot be downloaded.
Let’s see how to download YouTube videos via the YouTube app:
- Open the YouTube app on your phone. You can download the YouTube mobile app in your Playstore if you don’t have one. Simply type in YouTube on the search bar in your Playstore and download the first option that pops up in the search result.
- Once it is opened, search for the video you want to download. Click on the video and allow it to play for a few seconds and then pause it.
- Just below the video, you will find the “Download Icon“. It clearly states “Download” on it. Click on it, and the video will start downloading immediately.
- You can also track the progress of the download by clicking “Library” at the bottom of the homepage. Once the Library page opens, you can then click on “Downloads” to see how fast how much is left before your video successfully downloads.
There are other methods that can convert your favorite YouTube videos to mp4 and save them on your phone. Let’s look at them:
Method 1 for iPhone Users
- Open the YouTube app on your phone and search for the video you want to download.
- After locating the video of your choice, click the “Share icon” and then select “Copy link“.
- Open the Apple Store on your iPhone device and type in “Document 6“.
- Click search and install the app. It’s usually the first app to appear on the search page.
- After installing the app, open it, and search for an icon that looks like a compass on the homepage. After finding the icon, click on it. That action will redirect you to your web browser.
- In the search bar on your web browser, type “en.savefrom.net“, and click search.
- Once the site loads, paste the link you copied from the YouTube app into the URL bar and click on the “Green button” beside it.
- You would be given some video format options to choose from. When you’ve made your choice, click “Download” and then “Done.”
- When the video download is complete, you can view it in the Document 6 app under the “Downloads” section.
- If you prefer to have the video in a different location on your phone, simply hold down the video icon and drag it upwards till you find the location of your choice.
- Once you find the location, release the video icon, and the video automatically saves in that location.
Method 2 for Android users
- Download VidMate onto your phone and install it.
- After successfully installing VidMate, open it, and click on the YouTube button on the homepage.
- Search for the video you want to download and click on it to open.
- On the page where the video opened, click on the “Download button“.
- In the downloading process, the app will analyze the video, and you will be required to choose the format you would preferably download the video.
- After selecting the video format, click on “Download“. You can monitor the video progress through the download icon at the top right corner of the page.
How to Download YouTube Playlists
YouTube creators collate similar content into a playlist so that their subscribers can easily access multiple videos within a short time.
Now, that’s also an advantage for you because you can easily download the YouTube playlist containing all the videos as opposed to downloading them individually, which could be time-consuming.
There are amazing tools you can use to download your favorite YouTube playlists. Let’s look at them.
1. 4K Video Downloader
Best Overall YouTube Playlist Downloader App.
4k video downloader is one of the best video downloaders that can be used to download not only YouTube video playlists, but also Vimeo video playlist, and Facebook video playlist.
It has both a free and paid version and although the paid version gives access to advanced features on the site, the free version is just as good and allows you to download any YouTube playlist of your choice.
Here’s how to use the 4K video downloader:
- Download the 4K video downloader app here if you don’t have one already.
- Open the YouTube website and select the Youtube playlist you want to download.
- Right-click on the playlist and select “Copy Link” in the pop-up that appears on your screen. The link will automatically be saved to your clipboard.
- After copying the link, open the 4K downloader on your device and paste the link you copied from the YouTube channel into the text box.
- Click on “Download Playlist” and complete the process.
Most Secure YouTube Playlist Downloader.
If you don't fancy installing apps that can download your favorite YouTube playlist, you can opt for this YouTubeplaylist.cc as it allows you to download videos straight from the website.
Here are the simple steps involved:
- Open the YouTubePlaylist.cc website on your browser.
- You will have to create a user account before you can access the site services. Fill in the required details like your name, email address, and password.
- In a new tab, open the YouTube website and search for your favorite YouTube playlist.
- Right-click on the playlist and select the “Copy Link” option.
- Go back to the YouTubeplaylist.cc website and paste the link you copied in the search bar. Click on the “Enter” icon.
- It may take some moment for the site to finish processing the playlist for download. When it is finally processed, all the contained video files will be available for download.
- Select the “All Title Video” option and start downloading.
Best Choice for YouTube Playlist Downloader with a User-Friendly Interface.
Just like YouTubeplaylist.cc, Keepvid.ch offers a free YouTube playlist download on its website. It also has a user-friendly web interface that can be easily accessed by anyone.
To download a YouTube playlist using Keepvid, here’s what to do:
- Go to the YouTube site and search for the YouTube playlist you want to download.
- Right-click on the playlist and select “Copy link” in the pop-up on the screen.
- In another tab, open the Keepvid.ch website and paste the YouTube playlist link you copied into the search bar.
- After pasting the link, click on the “Download Now” button. The website will then begin to convert the playlist into MP4 free format.
- Once the conversion is complete and the playlist loads, you can then save the MP4 files to your device.
4. Videoder App
All-round Functional YouTube Playlist Downloader for Mobile Device.
The Videooder App is the best option for downloading YouTube playlist on your mobile device and it works perfectly on Android, iOS, and Windows operating systems.
Here’s how to use the Videoder App:
- Open the Videoder App on your phone. If you don’t have one on your phone, you can download it here.
- Once it opens, click on the YouTube icon at the top of the homepage.
- Search for the YouTube playlist you want to download and click on it.
- Once you click on the playlist, a page will appear with a “Download icon“.
- You can also copy the link of your YouTube video playlist from the YouTube website and then paste the link into the address bar on the Videoder App. After pasting the link, click on the search icon, and the page containing the “Download icon” will come up on your screen.
- Click on the “Download icon” and select the video resolution of your choice, the number of videos you want to download, and the location you want to store the video in.
- Once you have made your choice, click “Download” and the YouTube playlist will be saved as mp4 on your mobile device.
How To Record YouTube Live Streams
Live streaming is becoming quite popular on a lot of social media platforms including YouTube.
YouTube live streams allow YouTubers to stream videos in real-time. However, for you as the audience watching the live video, that’s where the fun ends. Right there in the 30 minutes, 1 hour or even six hours of live video.
So, how can you have your favorite YouTube live streams stored on your computer to watch at any time?
Your best option is to record the YouTube live stream using a YouTube recorder.
RecMaster is such a one-click YouTube screen recorder and a perfect choice for beginners because of its easy and customizable user interface.
It has numerous recording modes options such as Game mode, Webcam, Fullscreen, Custom Area, Audio-only and you can easily customize your recorded live streams to suit your taste.
RecMaster comes with unique features like HD recording, picture in picture, and schedule recording for every YouTube live stream no matter the size, quality or length. Also, since it is a screen recorder, you can also record live streams from other social platforms.
RecMaster has a free trial option that gives you access to some of its features for a limited period. However, to gain full access to all its features, you can purchase its one-year license at $14.95 available for use on one pc only, or its lifetime license at $24.95 available for use by two PCs.
Steps to Record YouTube Live Streams using RecMaster
- Download the RecMaster application on your computer. Click on the “Buy Now” option to purchase your preferred license choice and install the app on your computer.
- After a successful installation, open the app and select any recording mode of your choice.
- Choose your preferred video format, video quality, frame rate and video sound for your YouTube live stream recording.
- You can also decide to do a time-fixed download on any live stream. To do this, click on “Task schedule” and pick your preferred start and end time. After selecting them, enable the option.
- Once the live stream begins, click on the “Rec” button or simply type “Alt + 1” on your computer keyboard to start the recording. If you have enabled the “Task schedule” option, the recording will start immediately. You can also use the “Alt + 1” hotkey to pause the recording at any point.
- Once the live stream ends, click on the “Red circle” button or use “Alt + 2” to stop the recording. Also, for scheduled recording, the recording will stop by itself once the live stream has ended.
- After the recording stops, the YouTube live stream will automatically save on your computer. You can then edit it to your taste and watch it anytime you please.
Best Cloud Storages for Downloaded YouTube Videos
After downloading your YouTube videos, you may decide to edit the videos to improve their visibility and create a more personal view of the video.
That’s a bit further into your creativity and so finding a good storage option for the videos is your best choice.
Downloaded and edited videos save automatically to your device storage. However, there’s a lot of risks attached to that form of storage.
And unless you don’t want to keep on downloading your videos, you must consider other options aside from the traditional phone or computer storage.
A great option will be to use cloud storage.
Over 3 billion people employ cloud services for a number of their activities including storage. That's because cloud storage takes the hassles out of storing your video collection, especially with the ever-growing video resolutions and file sizes.
To help you decide on the best cloud storage, I’ve put together a list of our favorite cloud storage. However, before you select your cloud storage, here’s what you must look at for.
- Security Measures: When using cloud storage, you are giving out your valuables to a third party in expectation that they will keep it safe. So, ensure that they have the necessary security measures in place to secure every byte of your videos.
- Customer Support: No matter how amazing cloud storage is, it will still have little hitches from time to time. When these issues arise, knowing that you have reliable assistance can be very helpful. Also, inquire what hours of the day and day of the week the support is available.
- Pricing: Cloud storage has been said to be less expensive than traditional storage systems. However, you will still need to make a deliberate choice that fits your budget when choosing cloud storage. Some cloud storage offers free storage space upon registration but would later ask for a fee either after some days or if you require more space. Others offer monthly and yearly payments to store your videos. Figure out the plan that works best for you and follow it.
Now, let’s see the best cloud storage to store your YouTube videos in detail.
Most Secure Cloud Storage for Storing Videos.
pCloud, launched in 2013, has outdone itself and is one of our best choices for storing your downloaded YouTube videos.
It has an incredible interface that enables you to share and play your video files directly from pCloud on all operating systems such as Android, macOS, Windows, Linux, and iOS and a desktop app that allows automatic syncing of files across all devices into your pCloud account.
pCloud offers two-factor authentication for added security and social media backups to help you easily connect your pCloud account with any of your social media accounts and backup your media directly.
Registering an account with pCloud offers you as much as 10GB of space for free. However, pricing begins at $3.99 monthly or $47.88 yearly and offers 500 GB of space while the Premium Plus plan costs $7.99 monthly or $95.88 yearly and offers 2TB of space. pCloud also offers a one-time payment which costs $175 and $350 for Premium and Premium Plus respectively, which is valid for 99 years.
- 10GB of space free upon registration.
- No restrictions on file sharing.
- Block-level file syncing, allowing for faster transfer of files.
- No add-on services.
Register with pCloud and get a free 10GB of space for storing your favorite YouTube videos.
Most Popular Cloud Storage with Advanced Selective Sync Options.
Dropbox is a household name because as early as 2008, it was replacing the tiring USB drive storage with its cloud storage and file syncing and backup services spanning across different devices and operating systems.
Dropbox excels well in the sharing and collaboration of files in its cloud. So, you can give others access to your videos files on your cloud storage and withdraw the access at any time.
Being in the cloud storage market for so long has allowed Dropbox to evolve through different time stamps, growing in both experience and quality of service. So, you are assured that your video files are secured when you install Dropbox on your Windows, iOS, Android, and macOS device.
Dropbox offers a 2GB worth of space free for its new users. However, selecting a price helps you to access their features without any restrictions.
Pricing starts at $11.99 or $19.99 monthly for individuals, and this amount is for 2TB and 3TB of space, respectively. Business plans begin at $15 monthly for 5TB of space.
- Advanced, elegant, and easy-to-use user interface.
- Multiple access to files is allowed.
- Packed with unlimited sync options.
- It’s not the cheapest option.
- Previous experience with a breach of security.
- Limited free storage.
Get Dropbox here to enjoy the benefits of unlimited video sync options.
Most Flexible YouTube Video Cloud Storage with Advanced Security.
At the top of Sync.com features are its security details. It offers private, end-to-end encryption for your downloaded youtube videos.
What does it mean?
Sync.com performs encryption on your local device before the videos are transferred to the cloud. Private means that no one except you can have access to the videos in this cloud storage. End-to-end means that because you use a password which only you know for encryption, the videos cannot be decrypted after transfer.
Sync.com also provides numerous syncing options for your video files and offers an effective sharing link that can be accessed by others.
Upon registration, you get a free 5GB storage space with unlimited file transfer. However, opting for the Sync.com payment plan gives you a more expansive storage space option. At $5 monthly, you get 200GB worth of space and the top-tier plan is at $15 monthly which offers you 10000GB worth of space.
Sync.com also provides options for you to reset your password when the need arises. You can easily reset your password from the desktop app, or enable email-based password recovery.
- High-level security.
- Quick and easy account recovery.
- Unlimited access to files.
- Restricted collaboration access because of high-level security.
- Syncing can be slow due to its high-security detail.
Open a Sync.com account here and secure your YouTube videos.
Most Preferred Cloud Storage for Sharing Large YouTube Videos.
MediaFire has been around since 2006, starting out as a file hosting website and has evolved into a cloud storage service. It offers 10GB storage space free upon registration with a file transfer limit of 20GB and allows you to share your file link to others.
MediaFire has a strict anti-piracy policy and automatically removes any video file that breaks the copyright laws.
However, security on MediaFire is relatively poor as it doesn’t offer any encryption option whatsoever. It also doesn’t have a desktop app, so it is impossible to sync video files to your computer.
MediaFire is an excellent option for storing and sharing your files and videos, but that’s just as much as it can provide – which is too low for a cloud storage service.
- 10GB free storage space.
- Large file transfer limit.
- File sharing enabled.
- Too many ads.
- Limited features.
- File sync limitations.
- Low-level security.
Get on board with MediaFire and enjoy unrestricted access to share your large YouTube video files.
All-round Functional Cloud Storage Suitable For Businesses.
Box functionality expands beyond offering automatic file syncing and storage opportunities. They also offer secured protection for your files by providing a two-factor authentication option, offer access to integrate with multiple apps, and provide a free 10GB of space upon registration.
Although Box is suited primarily for businesses, it is also an excellent personal option for storing your youtube videos.
The web interface is very enticing and very easy to navigate. It also has a drag and drop feature that makes uploading files very easy and fast and a preview feature that allows you to check the content of the video file before transferring it.
Pricing begins at $10 monthly with a total of 100GB of space and a 5GB transfer limit. Also, note that Box imposes a 250MB file transfer limit for the free plan.
- Mobile friendly.
- An organized and straightforward web interface.
- Automatic file syncing.
- Restrictions on free account.
- Overly expensive.
Get started with Box and enjoy a free 10GB of space to store your favorite YouTube videos.
Beginner-friendly Cloud Storage for Downloaded YouTube Videos with Guaranteed Security.
Just like the name suggests, MEGA is the most generous of all the cloud storage offering 15GB of space free for registered users. It has a straightforward and very easy to use web interface supported on Windows, iOS, Linux, macOS, and Android operating systems.
MEGA provides a range of security, including end-to-end encryption that gives you exclusive access to your files on your cloud storage.
However, I’ll advise you to enable two-factor authentication and write the code in a safe place so that in cases where you forget your password, you can use the code to recover your cloud storage account.
Also, note that MEGA restricts the number of files you share monthly. It records how much data you transfer through your cloud monthly, and once you have reached your file transfer limit, your activities on the platform will be restricted. You will either have to wait for the monthly file transfer limit to reset or upgrade your plan.
Pricing begins at €4.99 monthly for 400GB with a file transfer limit of 1TB. The highest plan is worth €29.99 monthly for 16TB storage with a file transfer limit of 2TB.
- Large free storage.
- Most simplified and easy to use web interface.
- Robust pricing system.
- High-level security.
- Limit on the size of files you can transfer.
- Limited add-ons.
Get started with MEGA and enjoy 15GB of space free for your YouTube videos.
Most Preferred Cloud Storage for its Simplicity and Ease of Use.
SugarSync offers just about anything that you need in cloud storage.
It allows you to sync changes made on your video files instantly and back them up on different computers and mobile devices. It also provides secured file sharing and allows you to remotely remove all synchronized files from any device.
SugarSync doesn’t offer end-to-end encryption. Instead, they use a high strength AES-256 bit encryption to secure your files and videos to and from its servers – which isn’t entirely bad.
Individual pricing begins at $7.49 monthly for 100GB of space, $9.99 monthly for 250GB of space, and $18.95 monthly for 500GB of space. Pricing for business begins at $55 monthly for 1TB of space. However, there’s a 30-day free trial on all these plans to give you an idea of what they are about.
- Supports syncing across multiple devices.
- Unlimited sharing options.
- Merger web interface without much functions.
- File sharing is occasionally slow.
- Overly expensive.
- Doesn’t offer two-factor authentication for logging in.
Select your preferred SugarSync plan and enjoy a 30-day free trial.
In the end, downloading YouTube videos is as easy as it sounds. All you need to do is to select the right YouTube video downloader for your device and save the video on any cloud storage of your choice once the video download is complete.