10 Best Web Hosting Providers in Australia (2022 Update)
Looking for the best hosting provider is always a lot of work, especially in a large country like Australia. We’ve updated the list of the top Australian web hosts to save you from the trouble. Here are the top five:
Choosing the best Australian web hosting provider is usually confusing for many businesses and blogs, especially with how large the country is. One has to choose a hosting company with impressive speed and good value for the money, but they all look the same to most people.
After extensive testing and research, we've compiled a list of Australia's best web hosting services for 2022. After checking a wide range of hosting companies in Australia, we decided on ten and named Hostinger the best overall.
When choosing a web hosting in Australia, you need one with top speed, reliable customer support, and feature-rich plans. We've got fantastic options for you below.
Best Australian Web Hosting Companies [Comparisons and Reviews]
Here are the best web hosting for websites in Australia.
Best Web Hosting Provider in Australia
We named Hostinger the best web hosting provider in Australia, as it offers superior speed for websites in the country and excellent customer service. The hosting solution is easy to use, with a well-designed hPanel and wallet-friendly plans.Try Hostinger
The best overall web host for Australian sites on our list is Hostinger, a brand that has become widely popular. The international web host has proved themselves to businesses for offering a well-balanced service, from the top speed and reliable tech support to the seamless interface. It is also the cheapest web hosting plan out there.
Although Hostinger has only three servers, they are stretched across three continents; it offers impressive speed globally and in Australia. The global average is 168.9 milliseconds, while in Sydney, Australia, the speed is set at 93 milliseconds. This allows Hostinger to provide speedy web hosting for Australia.
- 99.9% Uptime Guarantee: Hostinger states that their service uptime guarantee is available every month and explains it plainly in the terms and conditions with no hidden terms. If your downtime goes below 99.9% because of Hostinger, clients can contact them and get 5% of their monthly fee.
- Cache Manager for Fast Loading: This Australian web host offers a cache manager in all plans, which will improve your loading speed. If you turn it on, it speeds up the loading and response time. Other features increase speed like the 1-Click installer, Git support, PHP7 support, HTTP/2, NGINX caching, LiteSpeed Cache, and WordPress optimization.
- Customized Control Panel: Most web host providers come with a standard cPanel, but Hostinger is one of the few to adjust the UI and enhance it for customers. The hPanel offers a clean, intuitive, and minimalistic interface that any user will quickly use.
- Responsive Customer Support: Customer service is also essential when choosing a web hosting service, and Hostinger does a great job. The live chat offers a response in a few seconds and allows you to send attachments, gifs, and emojis. Their agents are also very enthusiastic and professional.
- Quick loading and response speed.
- Fast loading with different features.
- Customized dashboard for easy use.
- Free domain and different unlimited features.
- Affordable introductory price.
- Responsive customer service.
- Free SSL with Let’s Encrypt.
- No daily backup.
Hostinger is an Australian web host known for offering affordable services. Their shared hosting plans are between $1.99 and $4.99. You can also go for cloud hosting, VPS hosting, and email hosting. Once you go for the Premium plan, you can get more unlimited services. All plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee if you're not satisfied.Get Started with Hostinger
Best Hosting Provider for Website Backups
We were impressed with the FastComet web hosting provider, especially with their free and daily backups that help websites stay up to date. FastComet was placed at the second position on our list, as the hosting provider comes with a couple of free features so you can choose a well-rounded hosting plan that will benefit your clients.Try Fastcomet
FastComet is a massive web hosting company based in San Francisco. Established in 2013, the company now has over 20,000 cloud nodes, 50,000 active clients, and 70 employees. The hosting provider has a global response speed of 542 milliseconds, which gives all customers the efficiency they need when accessing Australian websites.
There are 11 data center locations from FastComet worldwide, one of which is in Sydney, Australia. The Australian data center has a capacity of over 3000 servers and is ideal for websites in Australia and the Northern United States.
- Free Daily Backups: FastComet helps your website stay updated with their free daily backups. If you run into site problems, it can cause you to lose a lot of data. But, this isn't the case as you get free daily backups. The hosting provider will also store the backups for you off-site for 30 days, and if needed, they can restore the older versions for you with one click.
- Strong Uptime: The average uptime offered by FastComet is 99.95%, although it can go as low as 99.89%. There is no fixed uptime, and it fluctuates, but you can expect your website to run smoothly. Also, if there are any problems with your website, you can rely on their backup.
- Free Transfer and CDN: FastComet offers free site and domain transfer on your hosting plan. You can migrate up to three Australian sites for free and transfer your existing domain name. The quality web host also offers a free Cloudflare content delivery network on all their basic plans, making it great for new businesses to get started.
- Reliable Customer Service: FastComet states that over 80% of issues submitted by their customers were resolved in less than 15 minutes, and they offer their service 24/7. You can use live chat, ticketing, email, and phone to contact their knowledgeable agents.
- Reliable uptime with website backups.
- Solid loading and response times.
- 45 days money-back guarantee.
- Quick and reliable customer support.
- Free site and domain transfer.
- Datacenter located in Australia.
- High renewal prices.
- No free domain name.
The FastComet hosting plans include cPanel shared hosting, private SSD-based cloud VPS hosting, and dedicated server hosting. The shared hosting plans are between $9.95 and $16.95 monthly, although discounts can cause it to go as low as $2.95 for the first hosting plan.Get Started with FastComet
Best Budget Hosting Provider
Another web hosting provider in Australia that deserves a spot on the list is HostPapa, especially since it has low prices and high quality. What impressed us was the fantastic speed offered despite having no data center in Australia. It's highly recommended for businesses on a budget.Try Hostpapa
HostPapa is one of the oldest and most popular web hosting services globally and offers fantastic hosting for websites in Australia. The Canadian-based hosting provider was founded in 2002 and now hosts about 200,000 websites worldwide.
Despite not having a data center in Australia, HostPapa made our list of Australia's best budget web hosting sites. The loading time for websites in Australia goes between 203 and 275 milliseconds depending on the data center you're using, but it still offers premium speed to users. And the best part is that HostPapa provides cheap web hosting.
- Great Value For Your Money: Business owners are always looking for ways to save money but get high value, and HostPapa makes it possible. The quality web host offers exceptional value, with a wide range of free and unlimited features at affordable prices. You get unlimited SSD, websites and email hosting, and a free SSL certificate.
- Multiple Fast Features: HostPapa offers impressive speed for websites in Australia, which might be surprising since they don't have a data center in the country. But, they provided an excellent SSD storage and integrated Cloudflare CDN, which takes a lot of seconds off the expected loading speed.
- PapaSquad Customer Service: HostPapa has an award-winning customer support team called the PapaSquad, which means you can expect top speed. The support team is trained to be efficient and replies to their tickets within 10 minutes. They provide the service in different languages and have an extensive knowledge base and FAQ section.
- Fantastic for Newcomers: HostPapa has an intuitive user interface that makes it accessible to those who are new to websites and domain hosting. The UI is designed to be as user-friendly as possible, unlike most hosting providers with an intimidating cPanel.
- Speedy servers with fast features.
- Uptime never goes below 99.9%.
- High value for your money.
- Data centers are set in strategic locations.
- Award-winning customer service from PapaSquad.
- Intuitive user interface.
- Limited data center coverage.
- No free automatic backup.
You can save up to 75% on the web hosting plans offered by HostPapa. The hosting provider offers three shared hosting plans from $10.99 to $25.99. Aside from reliable web hosting, you can purchase managed WordPress hosting, VPS hosting, reseller hosting, and optimized WP hosting.Get Started with HostPapa
Best Australian Web Host for WordPress
We chose Bluehost as the best web hosting Australia for those running a WordPress site. Bluehost is great for blogs and small online businesses and is one of the best web hosts recommended by WordPress.Try Bluehost
Bluehost is one of the oldest web hosting solutions and is a fantastic choice for those who have Australian audiences. The hosting company was founded in 2003, and despite having only one data center in the US, they power up to two million websites worldwide.
We selected Bluehost as the best Australian web host for WordPress, as it is one of the three web hosts recommended by the company itself. Whether you’re running a website on WordPress or not, Bluehost offers a fantastic speed of 168 milliseconds for Australian audiences.
- Top Security Features: It’s not surprising that this Australian web host offers some great security features, as this is important to WordPress. Bluehost provides some good security features, some of which you need to pay extra for. These include CodeGuard Basic, SiteLock, and SpamExperts.
- An Array of Benefits and Freebies: It's always great to get different freebies and unlimited features with web hosting, and Bluehost offers this. The provider provides unlimited websites, SSD storage, parked domains, subdomains, and bandwidth. Bluehost also has a free domain name and SSL.
- Quick Customer Service: The Australian hosting service has speedy customer support, as they respond within five minutes. Live chat, phone, and email are all available 24/7, regardless of the time zone.
- High-Performance Servers: Bluehost offers impressive speed for users by allocating fewer websites per server with the High-Performance Server feature. This means that users get better load speeds and less downtime. Remember that you can only get this feature with the Pro hosting plan.
- Recommended by WordPress.
- Easy to use with reliable customer service.
- Quick speed in Australia with high-performance servers.
- Wide range of benefits and freebies.
- Top security features.
- Only one data center.
- No uptime guarantee.
Bluehost has some flexible payment plans that any business will benefit from. There are four shared hosting plans, and you can decide to pay for 12 or 36 months. You can also choose to purchase dedicated hosting and VPS hosting plans.Get Started with Bluehost
Best Web Hosting for Small Businesses
We were blown away by the speed offered by SiteGround AU for Australian websites, which is why it took the fifth position on our list. The hosting provider provides premium web hosting and runs on a Google Cloud infrastructure.Try SiteGround
SiteGround AU is one of Australia's reliable web hosting companies on our list, especially regarding its speed. It has data centers in six countries and hosts over 2.8 million domains worldwide. With the data center in Australia, SiteGround AU offers an incredible site speed of 3 milliseconds for small businesses, offering your customers fantastic services.
Aside from loading Australian sites up to four times faster, SiteGround AU has its structure hosted on the Google Cloud Platform, which brings different benefits to users. WordPress also recommends the web hosting provider.
- Unfailing Uptime: SiteGround promises an impressive 99.99% uptime, and it has been this way since 2014. The hosting company can prevent downtimes with handcrafted solutions like Linux containers, a server monitoring system, a secure account isolation technology, and an anti-bot AI.
- Impressive Loading and Server Times: This Australian web hosting company has valuable features to enhance its speed, starting with Google Cloud hosting. You also get SSD and enhanced software like Cloudflare, SuperCacher, and PHP, which offer speed.
- User-friendly Dashboard: It's easy to use SiteGround AU, too, even as a first-timer. The provider replaced cPanel with Site Tools, custom-made to provide efficiency and intuition in the interface. SiteGround AU will also offer 24/7 phone support and free daily backups.
- Managed WP hosting: Like Bluehost, SiteGround AU is one of the three web hosts recommended by WordPress. But, this web hosting provider is best for those concerned about speed. The Australian web host offers features like 1-click staging, exclusive WordPress support, WP-CLI enablement, auto-updates, and Git.
- Amazing speed for Australian websites.
- Speed enhancing features.
- 99.99% uptime guarantee.
- Features for WordPress websites.
- Free daily backups.
- Customer service and user-friendly interface.
- High renewal prices.
- Limited resources.
Whether you're a new website or a fast-growing business, SiteGround AU has different payment plans. The plans are between $14.99 and $39.99, although you might pay way less with the 73% discount. Besides web hosting, you can also get managed WordPress hosting, cloud hosting, reseller hosting, and WooCommerce hosting.Get Started with SiteGround AU
6. A2 Hosting
Best for Reseller Hosting
Next on our list is A2 Hosting, the best web host in Australia for reseller hosting services. The hosting service was created back in 2011 as Inquinet but rebranded a couple of years after. Users can expect top-notch performance with helpful features like unlimited SSD storage and free SSL certificates.
With A2 Hosting, you can purchase different hosting plans, including reseller hosting, which offers excellent value, with up to 170 GB storage for 40 client accounts. The response time for websites in Australia is between 141 and 214 milliseconds, depending on the server you use.
- Speed Enhancing Features: A2 Hosting offers impressive speed, loading Australian websites as fast as 141 milliseconds. The web host is fitted with unlimited SSD storage, which increases the loading speed. A2 Hosting is also known for its Turbo Servers in special plans, which will load your site up to 30 times faster.
- Unlimited Features: You can enjoy different unlimited features when you go for the Swift and Turbo accounts. These include unlimited websites, databases, email addresses, transfers, raid 10 storage, subdomains, parked domains, and addon domains.
- A2 Optimized Software: The hosting provider has a special A2 optimized software that you can apply to different software like WordPress, Drupal, PrestaShop, and Joomla. The site accelerator offers different caching options for enhancing speed.
- Quick loading speed with Turbo servers.
- SSD storage and caching options.
- 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Unlimited features.
- A2 Optimized software.
- Intuitive user interface and client login.
- Slow customer service.
A2 Hosting provides four shared hosting options, with two being Turbo plans. The plans are between $10.99 and $25.99. You can also expect discounts as high as 72%. Aside from shared hosting, you can also purchase their reseller hosting plans which offer more value for your money.Get Started with A2 Hosting
Best for Speed
Rocket.net is the next hosting provider on our list, offering top web hosting solutions for websites in Australia. The company was named the best web hosting Australia for speed purposes, mainly since it provides many features. It was launched in 2020 and offers managed WordPress hosting.
The hosting provider offers impressive speed statistics, with an average load time of 588 milliseconds while the average response time is 2.9 milliseconds, which is 0.1 faster than SiteGround AU. Rocket.net also offers WordPress-friendly features and good customer service.
- Wide Range of Security Features: Rocket.net features two website application firewalls that power the network. The double protection features will protect your website from SQL injection, cross-site scripting, malicious file upload, and comment spam with no plugin.
- Cloudflare CDN: All the traffic delivered to Rocket.net is from Cloudflare Enterprises. Due to this, your website can leverage the different benefits of Cloudflare. You can also use the hosting service to target large markets like Australia.
- WordPress Support: Rocket.net also provides expert WordPress support. Their support team can optimize your WordPress website without requiring any extra costs.
- Intuitive control panel.
- WAF protection.
- Cloudflare optimization.
- Experienced customer support.
- WordPress management.
- Plans are on the high side.
Rocket.net offers an extensive hosting plans list, although the entry-level hosting plan goes for $30 monthly. The most expensive is Enterprise, which costs about $200 monthly. All plans come with a free SSL certificate, CDN, WAF, and different numbers of WordPress installs.Get Started with Rocket.net
Best for Cloud Hosting
As the name implies, Cloudways is the best web host provider in Australia for cloud hosting services. The hosting company uses other companies' servers to deploy apps, which means that the services are highly scalable. Cloudways works with Google Cloud, AWS, and Vultr.
The Australian hosting company offers up to 60 data centers focusing on flexibility and scalability. While the setup might be a bit complicated, one can still get the hang of it. Cloudways also has great loading times for websites in Australia and globally.
- Extra Website Features: Cloudways comes with different features for your website like performing daily backups, auto-updating the CMS, real-time site monitoring, one-click cloning, staging areas, and more.
- Ecommerce Tools: If you want to run your eCommerce website on cloud hosting sites, Cloudways is ideal. The provider allows you to reach your Australian audience easily while offering tools like Magento and Prestashop.
- Topnotch Security Features: Cloudways has also designed its hosting platform with regular updates, free SSL certificates, and other security functions to protect your installation.
- Excellent uptime.
- Flexible payment plans.
- Free trial.
- Offers site cloning.
- Supports numerous apps.
- No domain registration.
- Extra costs for emails.
Cloudways provides its managed cloud hosting services in pay-as-you-go plans that will match your budget. The plans are between $12 and $96, with a free trial on all of them. All hosting options also come with free SSL certificates and migration, unlimited applications, and flexibility for scaling up and down.Get Started with Cloudways
Best for Eco-Friendliness
If you want to run an eco-friendly website in Australia, GreenGeeks is the ideal hosting provider. This hosting company was founded in 2008 to solve the problem of how much the web hosting industry was taking up yearly. GreenGeeks aims to be the most eco-friendly web host globally, and they are steadily achieving this.
Now, GreenGeeks hosts over 500,000 websites, including those that target Australian audiences. The web hosting for Australia comes with a quick site speed of between 186 milliseconds and 262 milliseconds, depending on the data center.
- Eco-Friendly Setup: The highlight of GreenGeeks is its eco-friendliness. The web hosting provider easily hosts different websites in Australia while remaining eco-friendly, and it works by giving back three times the energy they consume with wind energy credits.
- Speed Optimizations: The 186 milliseconds for Australian websites is pretty impressive. This is possible due to different speed settings and optimizations like SSF hard drives, LiteSpeed Cache, Mariadb, free CDN, PHP 7 enablement, and HTTP3 and QUIC.
- Allows Third-Party Apps: If your Australian website is for business purposes, you'll be pleased to see that GreenGeeks features a Softaculous installer. This will enable you to install over 400 software, including WordPress, Shopify, Magento, or Prestashop.
- Genuinely eco-friendly.
- Speed enhancing optimizations are offered.
- 99.9% uptime.
- Professional customer service.
- Unlimited resources and freebies are offered.
- You can install third-party apps.
- No 24/7 phone support.
- Unlimited resources usually come with limits.
With a price as low as $10.95 a month or less, if you pay the special price, you can start using GreenGeeks for hosting your website. There are three web hosting plans, and you get some free and unlimited features from the first one. All plans also come with a 30-day money-back guarantee and multi-user access.Get Started with GreenGeeks
Best for Ease of Use
ChemiCloud is also one of the best web hosting solutions in Australia and even has one of its data centers in Sydney for impressive speed. Compared to other web hosts, the company is relatively new but already hosts a wide range of websites with a CDN network covering over 90 countries.
Your Australian website can benefit a lot from this user-friendly software. It's a fantastic entry-level choice for those new to hosting and offers cheap web hosting. The hosting solution provider provides speed up to 0.8 milliseconds for all websites and a 99.99% uptime.
- Ease of Use: ChemiCloud is a top Australian hosting solution that is easy to use, even for those that don't know where to start. The cPanel is easy and accessible, and there is reliable customer service to answer questions you might have.
- Web Development Features: ChemiCloud offers a website builder for its users in Australia. The hosting platform supports different versions of PHP, website staging tools, and MariaDB for impressive loading speed.
- LiteSpeed Technology: ChemiCloud has a LiteSpeed web server that delivers impressive loading and response times to Australian users. LiteSpeed is a site acceleration tool and is available with all plans.
- User-friendly for newcomers.
- 99.99% money-back guarantee.
- 24/7 customer service.
- Free daily backups.
- Free domain and SSL certificate.
- No monthly billing option.
- Extra features come at a cost.
ChemiCloud offers different types of hosting, including shared hosting, WordPress hosting, reseller hosting, and cloud VPS hosting. The shared hosting plans are the most affordable, and you can get up to 65% discounts to spend even less.Get Started with ChemiCloud
Types of Australian Web Hosting
There are different hosting solutions that you can choose for your Australian website. They all differ based on the technology used and how much management you have. It's essential to check the different types of Australian web hosting before choosing one for yourself.
The three major types are shared hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated server hosting. But, you can also get cloud hosting, managed WordPress hosting, and reseller hosting.
Shared hosting is the ideal choice if you're looking for a cheap and beginner-friendly hosting solution to please your Australian audience. It involves sharing one server with different customers, up to thousands of users. This is the best form of cheap web hosting. Shared web hosting solutions usually cost between $1 and $20 monthly.
The opposite of shared hosting is dedicated hosting, and it happens when a user rents out an entire server. Dedicated hosting gives complete control over server settings and is especially ideal for websites with a lot of traffic. But, dedicated servers also cost way more.
Those looking for more power with their Australian web hosting usually go for the VPS plans. A virtual private server describes when users share one private server, but it works like separate servers for each one. It's usually recommended to those who want more flexibility and don't mind paying extra.
Reseller hosting is another type of Australian web hosting. In this case, the web hosting providers allow some or all of their services to be sold by individuals or organizations. Those who want to resell can use this hosting plan, and it’s considered a low-risk investment for entrepreneurs.
As the name implies, cloud hosting involves hosting websites using resources from the cloud. The hosting solutions are not deployed on one server. But a network of both physical and virtual cloud servers. This offers flexibility and scalability.
Some Australian web hosting companies also offer WordPress hosting, and this is a form of web hosting designed to operate WordPress sites. It comes with different features that are specifically tailored to WordPress.
Best Web Hosting Australia FAQ
The price you pay for Australian web hosting depends on your plan and the web hosting providers you choose. Shared hosting is the most affordable, with a $1 and $20 monthly price range. But with dedicated servers, you should prepare to pay at least $75 monthly.
HostPapa is the best web hosting service for businesses on a budget, as the plans can go as low as $3.95 monthly if you get the discounts. HostPapa is not only a cheap web host because of the price, but it offers incredible value for its money. At a low price, you get unlimited and free features.
The best WordPress host in Australia is Bluehost. Bluehost is one of the oldest hosting companies and is one of the three web hosts recommended directly by Australia. It comes with top security and WordPress-friendly features.
Not necessarily. Although having servers in Australia makes a difference in the speed, as with SiteGround AU, which offers a response time of three milliseconds, many other hosting services have incredible speed without Australian-based servers.
The best web hosting in Australia should have the following features:
● Solid and reliable uptime at 99+%.
● Premium speed regardless of server location.
● All-round features for security.
● Dependable customer service.
The best web host for small businesses in Australia is SiteGround AU. Aside from its speed, it offers excellent customer service, uptime, and security, with different features friendly to online stores and small businesses.
Hostinger offers the best shared web hosting solutions in Australia, with the pricing starting at $1.99. The hosting provider has a wide range of features, including 99.9% uptime and an incredible speed of 93 milliseconds for websites in Australia.
Which Web Hosting Service is Best for Australian Websites?
It’s normal to be worried about choosing the best web hosting solution for your business, especially for a particular region. Every business must go for reliable web host providers that can guarantee high speed and strong uptime, allowing them to provide the best to their web visitors. This is why web hosting reviews are important.
Before choosing the best web hosting providers for your Australian website, you should check the different features they offer and if they align with your needs. Also, consider the various hosting plans they offer and choose one that works for you, whether it’s a dedicated server or a shared plan.
Many providers also provide free and unlimited features like domain registration and free SSL certificates, which will go a long way for your website. And if you choose a cheap web host, you get all of these at an affordable price.
Our guide has done most of the work by compiling the best web hosting providers in Australia for you. Here are our top five picks:
While researching the best Australian web hosts, these resources and web hosting reviews will come in handy: