10 Best Web Hosting Providers in India in 2022
Finding speedy and reliable web hosting providers in India is a lot of work. We’ve done most of the work for you in this guide. Check out our top web hosts for Indian websites below:
With the hundreds of web hosting companies providing their services in India, finding one among the best and meets your needs might be challenging. At first glance, they all offer the same benefits, but a closer look will show that some are better than others.
When choosing the best web hosting provider in India, one must consider their speed locally and globally. They must also be reliable with accountable customer support, offer helpful features, and come in affordable packages.
We have done due diligence and compiled the top ten web companies in India offering hosting services. Let's dive right in.
Best Hosting in India: Top Web Companies in India
Best Overall Hosting Provider
HostPapa is the best web hosting provider in India, offering a valuable hosting solution with a reliable customer support team for small online businesses. We were especially pleased by the plans, which provide free domain and SSL, 100GB SD, and one website, making it the right web hosting provider for a new business.Try HostPapa
Named the best hosting in India overall, HostPapa is one of the top hosting services in the country. Since it was founded in 2005, it has provided top-notch web hosting and is excellent for different countries, including India. HostPapa is an independently-owned company in Toronto.
Although HostPapa does not have a server in India, it is still a top option for Indian sites. It comes with top-notch customer support and speed, which will give you maximum value for your money. The provider also offers a wide range of hosting services aside from the web, including WordPress, VPS, and reseller hosting.
- 99.9% Uptime: The uptime never goes below this level, so your website will always run except for server maintenance. With this uptime, your website is always up except for about 40 minutes in a year.
- Reliable Customer Service: The Papa Squad at HostPapa is well-known for its exceptional service, probably why it has won multiple awards. When you contact customer support, you can expect a response within 10 minutes. They are also consistent, reliable, and professional.
- Very User-Friendly: New business owners might not know much about web hosting, but HostPapa is known for its platform, which is easy to use and navigate. They designed their interface to be user-friendly, and you can manage multiple features, including billing, support, domains, and integrations.
- Security Features: HostPapa also focuses on providing top security to its users as one of the best web hosting companies in India. It offers a free Let's Encrypt SSL, allowing you to protect your website information. The hosting provider offers firewalls, intrusion detection, and other essentials.
Although it has its servers in Canada, the USA, and Europe, HostPapa is impressively fast for Indian websites. The global response time is 143 milliseconds, while it is 115 milliseconds in India. This makes it an excellent choice for your small business, especially if you plan to grow and serve a global audience.
HostPapa has three web hosting plans for its Indian websites, between ₹549 and ₹1499 per month, and there are always chances for you to reduce spending with their discounts. The plans come with free domain name registration and a free SSL certificate.Get Started with HostPapa
Best Web Hosting Provider for WordPress
When putting this review together, we discovered no better hosting provider for WordPress than Bluehost. WordPress has recommended this provider for a long time, and so it would make a great host for your website or blog. With Bluehost, you can enjoy a fully managed hosting solution with fast performance.Try Bluehost
Bluehost was founded in 2003 and has quickly become one of the most popular web hosting companies in India. It's not surprising that they are one of the top web hosting companies in India, as they are quite popular. The hosting service has localized support, affordable prices, and speed, making it an excellent choice for Indian websites.
It's especially recommended for anyone running a WordPress website or blog in India. Those who use Bluehost can enjoy the solid features and service and quick speeds with the flexible web hosting plan. Users in India expect the company to launch a data center in the country soon.
- Seamless Integration with WordPress: From its plans, you will notice how focused Bluehost is on WordPress, as it also offers managed WordPress hosting. The web host in India provides 99.98% of uptime on your WordPress site, with many features and functions that will come in handy. You can also get shared WordPress hosting and other types of hosting.
- Website Builder Service: Bluehost comes with a free website builder, which allows those who want to set up a laptop but don't have the programming skills. With the drag-and-drop interface, you can build the website to meet your specifications.
- Great Storage Spaces: You might not have to worry about storage when using Bluehost for your Indian website. It offers hosting plans from 50GB to unlimited, so there's more than enough space for your files. Whichever you choose, there's a storage plan ideal for you.
- Data Transfer: If you’re planning on moving your website from one host to Bluehost, there is unlimited data transfer on many of the services’ plans. There are also features like CPU protection and domain registration.
Bluehost does pretty well for Indian websites, especially since it does not have any servers in the country yet. It has a worldwide speed of 153 milliseconds, while the speed in India is 330 milliseconds. This is a good speed for serving the local area in India and even targeting countries worldwide.
Bluehost offers web hosting services based on what you're looking for. These include shared hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated hosting. Shared hosting is recommended for those starting, while dedicated web hosting is best for the high-traffic site. The web hosting company is constantly offering discounts, so the price might be way lower than expected.Get Started with Bluehost
3. A2 Hosting
Best Web Hosting Service Provider for Unlimited Features
Best known for its unlimited features, A2 Hosting is another top web hosting provider in India on our list. It comes with unlimited SSD, unlimited bandwidth, and more, with a couple of free offers. If you're looking for many freebies and good value for your money, A2 Hosting is a recommended provider.Try A2 Hosting
Next on our list is A2 Hosting, which offers one of the fastest hosting in India and unlimited features that would give more value for your money. The American-based company is famous for its A2 Optimization feature and turbo servers, drastically increasing your load time.
Previously called Iniquinet, A2 Hosting was founded in 2011 and was named after Ann Arbor in Michigan. It quickly became popular and now offers hosting solutions to countries worldwide. With a hosting server in Singapore, Asian countries, including India, can enjoy speed on their websites.
- 99.9% Uptime Guarantee: When considering the cost of hosting a website in India, you need to ensure that your site will be running most of the time. A2 Hosting offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee, reducing your website’s off time to about 40 minutes per year, mainly when there is maintenance.
- Unlimited Features: A2 Hosting is well-known as one of the top web hosting brands for unlimited features once you move past the starter pack. These include unlimited websites, transfers, databases, email addresses, subdomains, add-on domains, and parked domains. There are also a couple of free features.
- Intuitive UI: A2 Hosting seems to have paid attention to its user interface, as it is well-designed to offer a fantastic user experience. All the features are intuitive and convenient, with everything you need well-arranged on the top panel.
- SSD Storage: All the shared hosting plans on A2 Hosting come with SSD storage, making a huge difference in your website speed. SSDs are 30% faster than regular hard disks, so when a website offers this feature, you can ensure that its loading time will be speedy.
A lot is going on for Indian websites in terms of speed, as the brand offers turbo servers, SSD storage, and servers based in Singapore. This is probably why India has a good load speed of 163 milliseconds. If you're worried about your global audience, you'll be pleased to see its average worldwide score is 173 milliseconds.
A2 Hosting offers decent pricing plans depending on what you're looking for. The Start-Up is the cheapest and is ideal for those with just one site. The highest plan is the Turbo Max, which comes with 20x more speed than the Starter and a wide range of resources.Get Started with A2 Hosting
Best for Localized Support
Another web hosting provider in India we liked is Hostinger, whose data centers are in Mumbai, India. Users can enjoy impressive speed and localized support from India-based customer support. With over 20 languages supported and a highly intuitive dashboard, anyone will enjoy using this service in India.Try Hostinger
If you’re looking for the best cheap hosting in India, Hostinger is perfect. Despite their meager prices, Hostinger offers incredible value for your money, with a wide range of features that would satisfy customers. The Lithuanian-based company is available in 178 countries and has 10 data centers, one of which is in Mumbai.
Since it's one of the fastest-growing web hosting services in the world, you can be sure that Hostinger will provide a good service for you. With their Mumbai-based hosting server and customer service, their localized support for Indian websites is highly effective.
- Effective Customer Support: Hostinger did a fantastic job with its customer support, as they respond within minutes and have knowledgeable agents behind the screen. You can contact their live chat and expect an Indian team to meet your needs.
- 99.9% Uptime: Not only is this one of the best cheap hosting services in India, but Hostinger also has a 99.9% uptime guarantee to offer. The uptime in India has only gone as low as 99.89%, which means that your website will be down for about one hour in a year. This might be because of maintenance.
- Cache Manager: One impressive feature that Hostinger offers to improve its loading speed is the cache manager. Once you enable the cache manager, you get a quicker load time as it significantly enhances your site performance. This is easy to activate with their user-friendly hPanel.
- Custom Dashboard: While most hosting providers come with a free cPanel, Hostinger went the extra mile to create a hPanel for its users. This offers a clean dashboard and intuitive features which any user can get the hang of within minutes. The dashboard will effectively lessen your onboarding time.
Hostinger offers one of the highest speeds among our list of the best web hosting in India. It is the only web host on our list with a speed of three milliseconds in India, which is fantastic! This would be especially great for any business with its customer base in India. But that doesn't mean you can't offer your global audience high-quality. Hostinger has an average speed of 171 milliseconds globally, with its ten servers located worldwide.
There are different hosting plans available at Hostinger for its Indian audience. The shared web hosting plan is between ₹69 and ₹279, with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a free SSL certificate. Other plans include cheap cloud hosting, virtual private server hosting, and email hosting.Get Started with Hostinger
Best for Eco-friendly Switch
We named GreenGeeks the best web hosting provider in India for eco-friendliness, as the company does a great job. We especially like how it still offers impressive speed, faster than the Google-recommended rate, while replacing three times the energy they consume on web hosting.Try GreenGeeks
Another top web host in India is GreenGeeks, which is the perfect choice for those who want to switch to an eco-friendly solution to meet their web hosting needs. The web hosting company is focused on becoming the most eco-friendly web hosting provider globally, and they've been doing a great job since 2008.
With its impressive eco-friendly web hosting solutions, Green Geeks has hosted hundreds of thousands of websites and has won multiple awards. It's a fantastic choice for Indian-based websites that want to build an eco-friendly brand without settling for less. The provider offers many features, reliable uptime, third-party apps, and good data privacy.
- Eco-Friendly Quality: The internet is far from environmentally friendly, especially for web hosting services. But GreenGeeks has an impressive commitment to eliminate their carbon footprint, way more than other services. Even after doing this, they also replace triple the energy they consume. With multiple environmental awards won, GreenGeeks allows you to place badges on your website to show that you’re eco-friendly.
- 99.9% Uptime: GreenGeeks also has a 99.9% uptime guarantee, and this is entirely valid. While the uptime does not include cyberattacks or client errors, they will still offer compensation for problems caused by the downtime. Aside from the maintenance, your website will be running most of the time. This best hosting provider in India will also offer proactive server monitoring and SSL encryption.
- Data Privacy Focus: Another good feature that would benefit your Indian website is its data privacy, mainly because of where its data centers are located. So, you can ensure that your customer data is kept private and secure.
- Speed-Enhancing Settings: While GreenGeeks is pretty speedy in its website loading time, it also comes with some advanced hosting features that would increase the speed even further. The Indian web host provider comes with a Powercacher and LiteSpeed Cache website acceleration to increase your page speed. You get the most recent network protocol and Cloudflare integration with the software.
GreenGeeks has a fantastic global speed of 118 milliseconds, even faster than Google recommends. If your website is based in India but wants to reach a wider audience, it would benefit you. But, it doesn't have any servers in Asia, so the speed for Indian audiences is at a reasonable 208 milliseconds.
GreenGeeks is also one of the best cheap hosting in India, offering multiple unlimited and free features from the second pricing plan. The plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee and one tree planted, and you can look out for different discounts that reduce your cost.Get Started with GreenGeeks
6. WP Engine
Best for E-Commerce and Email Marketing
WordPress is widely known as a popular content management system, and another best hosting in India that’s great for this CMS is WP Engine. The hosting provider guarantees excellent uptime with its high-quality managed hosting services and is a perfect choice for websites that focus on e-commerce and email marketing.
Although WordPress-oriented, it still offers flexibility, security, daily backups, and versatile payment plans for its users. The hosting service provider only offers shared and dedicated server hosting based on WordPress so that you can check other services on our list for more traditional platforms. WP Engine also automates different functions and makes your pages load quickly.
- E-Commerce Marketing: If you're interested in e-commerce marketing with WP Engine, the hosting provider in India has a pricing tier just for this purpose. The plan offers impressive features like optimized store themes, automatic plugin updates, one-click store creation, and templates for WooCommerce. There are also different tools for email marketing.
- Fantastic Uptime: Uptime is another crucial reason WP Engine is one of India's top web hosting service providers. Their servers hardly ever go down, so your website will be running consistently to your Indian audience.
- Security Features: WP Engine also does excellent with security features, as it offers a free SSL certificate for its Indian websites. The provider would also run malware scans daily and update its firewall to keep out the latest threats. Other safety features include free hacking remediation, real-time threat detection, and enterprise-level firewalls.
- Easily Compatible with WordPress: WordPress even comes pre-installed with WP Engine, so if you already use this content management system, you can simply carry on with this hosting provider. Users can easily use it with no extra setup required.
Besides offering uptime between 99.9% and 100%, WP Engine also provides decent speed levels to its Indian audience. You can expect a response time of an average of 220 milliseconds in India, which gives your website audience quick loading and response.
WP Engine features five payment plans for its users: Startup, Professional, Growth, Scale, and Dedicated. The Dedicated plan is the most expensive and customized based on how many websites you have and more, while the most affordable is Startup, set at ₹1530.47. You can also pay extra for automatic plugin updates, site monitoring, and additional security.Get Started with WP Engine
Best for Extensive Storage Space
Websites will also benefit from HostGator, another one of the best web hosting companies in India. HostGator is the best hosting provider for vast storage space and is an excellent idea for anyone who wants to stay in a cloud-based hosting environment.
HostGator offers impressive uptime and is well-known among Indian clients for being one of the most reliable web hosting services. The web hosting brand is also one of the oldest platforms, and while it might be lacking in some features, it's a perfect choice for those who want a web hosting service with no frills. HostGator is also very easy to use and provides a free dedicated IP to those that pay for the business plan.
- 99.9% Uptime Guarantee: HostGator does not only offer 99.9% uptime for its Indian users, but it also states that it would reimburse with credits for one month to be used 0on their plan. You can offer consistent website services without worrying about crashing or losing customers.
- Site Builder and One-Click Installation: HostGator has some pretty good features for building your website if you need more than a web hosting service. You can choose a template and theme and customize it however you like. It only takes a few hours for you to build a website with HostGator.
- Very Easy UI And Customer Service: HostGator has a fantastic user interface with bright colors that are easy on the eyes and intuitive placements for easy navigation. Anyone can learn how to set up their site within a few minutes. Customer support is also pretty good, with a massive knowledge base and a responsive team.
- Multiple Unlimited and Unmetered Features: There are loads of unlimited features that you can get on HostGator right from the cheapest plans. It's one of the best cheap web hosting in India, offering unlimited domains and emails, unmetered disk space and bandwidth, free SSL, and instant backups.
HostGator does not offer extra features to enhance its speed or SSD storage, but it's powered by a PHP7.1 and Apache-based content compression system. It provides a global speed of about 170 milliseconds, allowing Indian websites to reach a wider audience.
Although HostGator offers VPS hosting, dedicated web hosting, and reseller hosting, its shared hosting is the most popular since it's affordable. From the Hatchling plan, you already get a free domain name and SSL certificate, unmetered bandwidth, free website transfer, and one-click installs for WordPress. There are other features to expect, all the way to the Business Plan.Get Started with HostGator
Best for Scalability
DreamHost is the top web hosting service provider in India for fast-growing businesses that might have to scale. The hosting service provider is famous worldwide and fully endorsed by WordPress, so expanding companies in India can benefit from using the web hosting service.
This is also one of the oldest web hosting companies in India, founded in 1997. Now, it hosts over 1.5 million websites and has versatile hosting plans for different skill levels, uses, and budgets. Indian businesses can get shared cloud hosting, the most basic service. There are also virtual cloud servers and dedicated private cloud servers.
- 99.9% Uptime Guarantee: The cloud hosting platform at DreamHost promises its users a 99.99% SLA uptime guarantee. This also comes with complete hardware and network redundancy, so your services are always online. The only time your website might be down is for maintenance, which can only happen for a few minutes in a year.
- Security Features: It’s not surprising that DreamHost comes with top security features, primarily since WordPress endorses them. All plans get a free SSL certificate registration. Aside from this, there are other safety features like daily backups, custom web application firewalls, domain privacy protection, and more.
- Unlimited Offers: In the DreamHost payment plans, you can also enjoy a couple of unlimited offerings. These are offered from the second plan and include unlimited websites, emails, subdomains, FTP users, SFTP users, shell users, and MySQL databases. You also get fast SSD storage to contribute to its fast hosting.
- Comes with Website Builder:. The provider’s website builder comes with a drag and drop interface, making it easy to set your website up after selecting a theme. You can add the content you want and customize it in different places. The free website builder also offers unlimited storage, mobile-friendly templates, free professional stock photography, and more.
DreamHost offers impressive speed around the world and in India. Its global average speed is 118 milliseconds, which means that businesses in India can read a wider audience and still offer quick loading and response times. The response time in India is 194 milliseconds, which is also a pretty good value.
DreamHost's shared cloud hosting plans start at ₹99, making this one of the best cheap web hosting in India. You can add different add-ons to your plan, making it easy for businesses to scale based on their needs. You can decide to pay yearly and save money on your plan.Get Started with DreamHost
Best for Businesses on a Budget
Named on our list for businesses on a budget, iPage is one of the best cheap web hosting for India. Founded back in 1998, iPage is one of the top web hosting companies in India, with over a million websites powered by two data centers.
Although iPage does not have a cPanel, it offers budget-friendly functions for all businesses. From the excellent uptime and website building tools to the third-party app support and super cheap services, iPage is a fantastic choice for your website in India. Users also get a free domain name for a year, unlimited bandwidth, and more at meager prices.
- Strong Uptime and Customer Support: India's cheap web hosting service will offer highly dependable and consistent uptime. When using this company to host your website, you can expect it to keep running, as it might only stop for about an hour in a year for maintenance.
- Website Building Tools: iPage is well-known for its website building tools, making it easy to host and build your website in the same place. The free website builder is included in all plans and is powered by AI, so it selects a template and photos for you. You can expect responsive websites with free web pages, image libraries, and SEO tools.
- Security Features: This affordable web hosting service provider also offers security features to its Indian users, ensuring that your website is constantly safe for visitors. iPage comes with DomainKeys Identified Mail, malware monitoring, and Sender Policy Framework authentication for more security. You also get other add-ons after you pay for them, including SSL.
- Ecommerce-friendly: eCommerce websites in India can also use iPage for their web hosting and building functionality. It's pretty easy to set up an online business using ShopSite, through its creation wizard. You can create and manage modern and attractive stores through the control panel.
iPage does not have great speed in India, most likely because only two data centers power it. The average response time is 320 milliseconds, so although your audience can enjoy seamless websites, it won't be as fast as they might prefer.
The pricing plans at iPage start from ₹152.28, which is pretty affordable. The cheap web hosting in India does not have complicated pricing plans for its shared hosting and offers a couple of unlimited and free features that make it easier to manage your website. You can also get WordPress hosting plans.Get Started with iPage
Best for Asian-Focused Businesses
The final web hosting provider in India on our list is HostingRaja, an affordable service with average loading times and versatile plans. Only those with an address in India can use this web hosting, and it features its data center in the country, too, giving Indian and Asian users fantastic load and response times.
HostingRaja has generous pricing plans with website building tools, free SSL certificate, and great WordPress features. The provider is best for an online business in India that wants to reach an Asian customer base and will need a reliable web host service with speed to do so.
- 99.4% Uptime: HostingRaja offers 99.4% uptime for its users, which means that the website can suffer downtime of 2 days in a year. Although it’s the lowest value on this list, the hosting service will still provide speed and support whenever there is downtime.
- Website Building Tools: HostingRaja offers multiple site builders, so you can choose one that works best for you. The tools come with a drag-and-drop editor and free templates, making it easy for you to build the website.
- 1-Click Installer: HostingRaja also offers a one-click installer in its free cPanel. Users can easily download third-party applications on hosting software like WordPress without going the extra mile.
- Free SSL: Although not stated, you will discover that HostingRaja offers a free SSL certificate to the websites it provides to users. Most website visitors prefer to stay on sites with this certificate, so it would be great to consider this when choosing the web hosting provider in India.
HostingRaja also offers pretty good loading times for its users, allowing them to reach a broad Asian audience. The global load time is an average of 2.5 seconds which is pretty good as it does not reach the 3-second mark. As for India, the loading time is 1.4 seconds, mainly because the data is not well-compressed. This is still a pretty decent loading time.
At HostingRaja, you can enjoy affordable web hosting plans starting from ₹85 monthly. Once you move to the higher-tier plans, unlimited features are available to you. The web hosting software also offers other types of hosting like WordPress, dedicated server, VPS, cloud, Java, Windows, Magento, and reseller hosting. There are also different discounts offered, making plans even more affordable.Get Started with HostingRaja
Best Web Hosting India FAQ
The cost of a web hosting service in India depends mainly on the type you purchase and the company you are going with. Shared hosting is the most affordable, costing between ₹60 and ₹1000 monthly. If you don't want to share, you can use dedicated hosting and spend up to ₹7000 a month on web hosting.
Hostinger and iPage offer the cheapest hosting services in India. Hostinger plans start at ₹69 for shared hosting. But iPage is an ideal choice for businesses working with a budget but still want unlimited features to enhance their use. The pricing plans start at ₹152.28, but its higher plans don’t surpass ₹300.
The best hosting in India for WordPress is Bluehost, as WordPress thoroughly recommends. It offers a decent speed of 330 milliseconds in India and many other features to enhance your WordPress website. Users will also get unlimited bandwidth and cloud hosting services. Another host recommended by WordPress on our list is DreamHost.
Not particularly. You don't always need to hire a web hosting provider with servers located in India. If the company is excellent at hosting, you can still enjoy top speed. But if you're targeting mainly an Indian audience, you can look out for those with their servers in India or Singapore. Hostinger has its server in Mumbai and offers a response time of 3 milliseconds in India.
When choosing the best web hosting sites in India, there are particular features that you need to consider. Once you notice these features, you can ensure that it's a reliable Indian web host.
– Uptime performance should be over 99%, preferably more than 99.5%.
– Speedy server response and loading time.
– Security-focused features with a free SSL certificate.
– Dependable customer support.
– Easy to use and intuitive interface.
HostPapa, which we named the best overall web hosting provider, is also the top Indian web host for small businesses. It comes with starter packs and user-friendly interfaces that make it easy for those new to web hosting. The providers also offer fantastic customer service and support for small businesses.
Hostinger is the best-shared web hosting service in India. It comes with very affordable payment plans, 99.9% uptime, three milliseconds of speed, and a unique control panel that is easy for anyone to use. With Hostinger, you also get free SSL certificates and a wide range of unlimited features to enhance your use.
Which Web Hosting is Best for India?
It's not very easy for one to get the best web hosting sites for their platform, and once you start targeting a large country like India, it becomes even more complicated. Your website will benefit from a web host provider that offers top speed in India and globally and has reliable uptime to provide consistent services to customers.
After you choose the best hosting in India that matches your business needs, you have to think about the type you are looking for. These include shared hosting, cloud hosting, reseller hosting, or VPS hosting. Some companies also offer dedicated server hosting and managed WordPress hosting plans. Go through the payment plans carefully to look out for extra features and unlimited web hosting offerings like emails, SSL certificates, and domain registration.
Once you choose the best web hosting, you can start running your Indian website. With our guide, most of the work has been done for you, as we compiled the top ten providers in India. Here is a rundown of the top five.
If you need more guides and web hosting advice in India, check out these resources below: