8. Cheapest & Best Web Hosting Philippines [2022 Comparison]
When selling online to your Filipino audience, looking for the cheapest and best web hosting in the Philippines is a great way to start. We’ve compiled the top web hosts for those on a budget; here are the best five options.
Choosing the best web hosting in the Philippines can help you provide value to your end-users and enhance your digital marketing strategy. But businesses cannot always spend a lot of money on web hosting, so it’s better to opt for affordable options that offer good value for your money.
This guide covers the best web hosts in the Philippines for businesses on a budget. Whether a blog, small business, or online store, you can get up and running in no time with quality hosting services.
Best Web Hosting in the Philippines 2022. Comparison
Here are our best and cheapest web hosting services in the Philippines:
The Philippines' Hosting Providers and Services Offered
|Provider||Shared Hosting||WordPress Hosting||VPS Hosting||Dedicated Hosting||Cloud Hosting|
Average Uptime, Response Time and Ratings on Third-Party Platforms
|Provider||Av. Uptime||Response Time||Money-Back||Trustpilot||Capterra||Near Server(s)||Cheapest Plan|
|Bluehost||99.91%||671 ms||30 days||4.1||4.2||Hong Kong, Mumbai||₱573|
|SiteGround||100.00%||389 ms||30 days||4.6||4.6||Singapore||₱860|
|Hostinger PH||99.95%||318 ms||30 days||4.5||4.6||Singapore, India||₱249|
|WP Engine||no data||no data||60 days||4.6||5||Taiwan, Singapore||₱1,377|
|HostGator||99.89%||668 ms||30 days||4.2||3.8||Taiwan, Hong Kong||₱158|
|Liquid Web||99.78%||276 ms||30 days||4.6||no data||Europe||₱1,090|
|Z.com Philippines||no data||no data||30 days||4.3||no data||Philippines||₱48|
|A2 Hosting||99.98%||293 ms||30 days||4.5||no data||Singapore||₱631|
Best Web Hosting in the Philippines 2022. Detailed Reviews
Bluehost is an all-rounder regarding affordable web hosts in the Philippines. The web hosting company is an excellent choice for beginners building their first website and offers a seamless onboarding process that makes it easy to use. The hosting plans are affordable, too, offering good value for your money.
At the top of our list of the cheapest and best web hosting in the Philippines is Bluehost, a dinosaur in the industry. Since it was founded in 1996, it has remained one of the best web hosting providers for users new to making a website, whether for a blog or business.
Bluehost is one of the few web hosting services recommended by WordPress. You can enjoy even lower prices when you use WordPress plans. Bluehost provides remarkable hosting speed, a convenient dashboard, and fantastic customer service for its users in the Philippines.
- High-Performance Servers for Top Speed: Websites in the Philippines can enjoy impressive speed when hosting on Bluehost. Opt for high-performance servers if you want even better speed and resources. Bluehost allocates fewer users per server, translating to less downtime and more computing resources.
- Wide Range of Freebies and Resources: Bluehost offers its users a buffet of unlimited resources and freebies. You can access unlimited websites, parked domains, SSD storage, subdomains, and bandwidth in the hosting plans. You can get free domain registration and free SSL encryption, all at a great price.
- Quality Security Features: Another top feature in Bluehost for users in the Philippines is the security benefits offered on the hosting plans. It comes with a basic firewall offering minimal protection, but you can improve security through SiteLock. Other security features offered are CodeGuard Basic and SpamExperts.
- Quick Customer Support: It’s always helpful to have quality customer support when using a hosting service. Bluehost offers 24/7 support and a very speedy response, so you don’t have to wait long before receiving a response.
Bluehost offers different hosting plans depending on your needs, with the shared hosting plans starting at $9.99. You can even pay as low as $2.75 when you use the discounts. You can purchase WordPress hosting, WooCommerce hosting, dedicated web server hosting, and VPS hosting.
- Bluehost is very easy to use, with quick onboarding for beginners.
- It offers impressive speed for websites in the Philippines.
- Users can benefit from high-performance servers.
- Fantastic security features, unlimited resources, and freebies.
- 24/7 customer support that responds very fast.
- No uptime guarantee.
Best for Speed
SiteGround is one of the top hosting providers offering consistently fast speeds for businesses in the Philippines. I consider this host a solid option, as it has a wide range of impressive features and stellar service. With fantastic price discounts and quick web server response times in the Philippines, SiteGround is a strong contender for the best hosting services.
SiteGround is next on our list of the best and cheapest web hosting providers in the Philippines. Since it was founded in 2004, it has remained one of the best hosting services, constantly impressing users with its speed and value. With seven data centers located worldwide, with one in Singapore, websites in the Philippines enjoy quality speed.
Aside from the specialized plans, SiteGround offers different kinds of hosting plans for its users. You can make referrals to gain free web services and rewards. SiteGround provides remarkable uptime and quality hosting servers with reliable customer service.
- Impressive Server Response Times: Speed is king in hosting, and SiteGround excels in this area. The hosting service uses SSD and Google Cloud for hosting, which offers impressive speed. It has enhanced speed software like SuperCacher, Cloudflare, and PHP. With the data center in Singapore, the Philippines enjoys excellent speed.
- Free Daily Backup: On the cloud and shared hosting plans, SiteGround offers free daily backup. The backup lasts seven days on the cloud plans and 30 days on the shared hosting plans. You won’t have to worry about losing data; the backups are done automatically, so you don’t have to do it manually.
- Intuitive Custom Dashboard: SiteGround doesn’t use the cPanel but replaced it with their customized version, Site Tools. The control panel has an intuitive interface and easy navigation, allowing users to access all the necessary tools. You can easily install WordPress, set up email accounts, and activate security features.
- 24/7 Customer Support: Another benefit businesses in the Philippines can enjoy is round-the-clock customer service. You can contact customer service through live chat, tickets, and phone and get access to their 30-day priority support on higher plans. There is a knowledge base with articles for self-service web hosting.
SiteGround offers cheap hosting plans, with the shared hosting plan starting at $3.99 when you apply the discount. Aside from shared web hosting plans, SiteGround provides cloud hosting, WordPress hosting, reseller hosting, and WooCommerce hosting. The hosting plans have a 30-day money-back guarantee, free SSL, email, CDN, and backup.
- SiteGround offers quality speed and server response times.
- Unfailing uptime for top performance.
- Reliable customer service through different channels.
- Free daily backup for up to 30 days.
- Custom dashboard with a user-friendly design.
- Higher renewal prices.
3. Hostinger PH
Best Value for Your Money
Hostinger PH offers well-balanced web hosting for businesses in the Philippines. The web host provides an excellent global support team, fast speed and response times, and advanced features at some of the lowest prices you can find. Users can enjoy true value for their money.
Hostinger PH is one of the top web hosting providers for users on a budget in the Philippines. With advanced hardware and a widespread global reach, the web host is one of the most popular in the world or the city.
It offers affordable web hosting solutions, with discounts going as high as 80% of the initial price. Hostinger PH works excellent for beginners who don’t have a background in web hosting and offers site management features besides web hosting.
- Features that Improve Speed: Hostinger PH has excellent benefits for increasing speed and performance. The web host offers plans with a 1-click installer, PHP7 support, NGINX Caching, HTTP/2, Git support, and WordPress optimization. Filipino websites hosted on Hostinger can benefit from the cache manager, as enabling it means quicker loading times.
- Intuitive Custom Dashboard: Unlike most web hosting companies that use the cPanel, Hostinger has branded its custom dashboard the hPanel instead. This is intuitive and easy to use, with minimalistic icons and convenient navigation.
- Free and Unlimited Features: Even with the low prices, Hostinger PH offers unlimited resources for their users in the Philippines. These include unlimited websites, unlimited email, unlimited bandwidth, free SSL, and unlimited CronJobs. There is a free domain, too, allowing you to save more money.
- Includes a Website Builder: Hostinger PH owns the Zyro website builder, so if you’re just starting from scratch, you can choose this web host. Zyro is a simplified website builder with external features that allow for easy web development.
Hostinger PH offers a free domain, DDoS protection, and a free SSL certificate. The shared web hosting plans start at ₱49 when you use the discount. Other plans include cloud, WordPress, VPS, and email hosting. The hosting plans come in different levels based on your level for personal websites and businesses.
- Hostinger PH offers high-speed hosting with a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- User-friendly custom dashboard.
- Free and unlimited resources to save money.
- Affordable introductory price of less than ₱50.
- Includes a cache manager for fast loading.
- No daily backup.
4. WP Engine
Best for Exclusive WordPress Hosting
For businesses in the Philippines that use WordPress, WP Engine is my recommended option. This versatile web hosting provider offers a wide range of features specific to WordPress and affordable plans. Since it devotes all its resources to WordPress hosting, you can expect speed and quality.
WP Engine is the best web hosting provider in the Philippines for business websites that need efficient WordPress hosting. Offering excellent uptime, daily backups, cloud platform flexibility, and security, WP Engine has a lot of amazing WordPress-oriented features.
When using WP Engine, you don’t need to download WordPress to get started. The web host is designed explicitly with WordPress themes, installations, and plug-ins. Not only this, but it offers automated features and easy onboarding, so anyone can get started with it.
- Excellent Uptime: WP Engine offers exceptional uptime for all its clients hosting their websites in the Philippines. The web host provides uptime and downtime monitoring and a 99.9% uptime guarantee, ensuring your site is constantly running with no issues.
- Efficient Security Features: Users can protect their customer’s information with the secure web hosting features offered on WP Engine. This includes a free SSL, a firewall updated daily, daily malware scans, free hacking remediation, and real-time threat detection.
- Effective Customer Service: WP Engine offers reliable customer service for all its users. The support team responds rather quickly, with short wait times. You can contact their service through phone and chat, with 24/7 support.
- Tools for eCommerce and Email Marketing: Since WP Engine specializes in WordPress hosting, you get access to a wide range of eCommerce tools and useful plug-ins from WooCommerce, Shopify, and other companies. There are email marketing tools available as plug-ins. If you are hosting an online store on WP Engine, you can take advantage of all these tools.
WP Engine offers affordable web hosting plans, and they are flexible. You can decide between monthly and annual billing; although there are fixed plans, you can go for the dedicated custom plan. The cheapest web hosting plan is Managed WordPress, starting at $24 for your first month.
- 99.9% uptime guarantee and monitoring.
- Excellent customer service and speed.
- Real-time threat detection and other security features.
- Daily backups with cloud hosting plans.
- Includes tools for running eCommerce websites.
- Does not offer domains.
Best Introductory Price
HostGator offers fast web hosting for users in the Philippines, although more advanced users might find it lacking in features. The web hosting provider is ideal for a no-frills web hosting service, with easy use and 99.9% guaranteed uptime.
HostGator is one of the pioneers in the web hosting industry and among the cheapest options in the Philippines. You can enjoy low introductory and affordable renewal prices for the first month. Established in 2002, HostGator offers great WordPress cloud plans, excellent customer service, and quick technology.
If you’re starting your business website from scratch, HostGator has a website builder called Gator. This makes it popular for those looking for the best hosting and website building services in the Philippines. Your website can benefit from the fast loading speeds and 99.9% guaranteed uptime.
- Quick Site Loading Speed: HostGator offers fast loading and response times in the Philippines, despite having no data centers in the country. The web host has speed-enhancing features like PHP7.1 and an Apache-based content compression system to improve speed. You can avoid downtime, too, with 99.9% uptime.
- Intuitive Site Builder: The web hosting provider includes a built-in website builder that allows you to instantly set up your blog or business site. You can choose one from many templates, customize it and then launch it in a couple of hours while hosting on HostGator. The process of building your website is fast and convenient.
- Unlimited and Unmetered Resources: Users in the Philippines can benefit from unlimited resources, like domains, email addresses, bandwidth, and disk space. You get a free dedicated IP on the business plan too.
- Responsive Customer Service: HostGator has responsive customer support for its users in the Philippines. You don’t have to wait longer than three minutes for the web host to respond, or you can decide to submit a ticket instead. There is an archive of knowledge base articles where you can fix problems.
HostGator offers reliable hosting plans with really low introductory prices. The shared hosting plan starts at $2.75 per month. You can purchase WordPress hosting, dedicated web hosting, reseller hosting, and virtual private server hosting. The hosting plans include free website transfer, free domain registration, and a free SSL certificate.
- HostGator offers impressive speed and loading times.
- 99.9% guaranteed uptime for websites in the Philippines.
- Easy to use website builder and interface.
- Free and unlimited resources on the hosting plans.
- Superb customer service with a speedy response.
- Upselling during checkout.
6. Liquid Web
Best for Managed Hosting
Liquid Web is another fantastic and affordable web hosting solution for users in the Philippines. The managed web host offers excellent uptime, feature-packed hosting plans, and reliable customer service. Large businesses can benefit from this hands-off solution as it specializes in managed hosting.
Liquid Web stores all the company files remotely and will handle your support tasks and administrative duties. This makes it ideal for large businesses providing services online, although the prices are slightly higher than the other options on our list. But, keep in mind that Liquid Web does not offer shared web hosting.
- Quality Security Features: Liquid Web offers users a wide range of security features. The hosting company provides firewalls, virtual private networks, Secure Socket Layer, malware scanning, and removal. Some security features come with the hosting plans, and you must purchase the others as add-ons. Plus, there are free nightly backups available.
- Excellent Heroic Support Team: The customer support team at Liquid Web is branded Heroic Support and is a squad of knowledgeable people that will respond to your request in a few seconds after reaching out by chat. You can reach out by phone and get assistance within a minute or wait 30 minutes after submitting a ticket.
- Dependable Uptime: Liquid Web offers a 100% uptime guarantee, ensuring your website is constantly running except for scheduled network maintenance. During the maintenance process, they do their best to avoid downtime.
Liquid Web has many hosting plans, so it might be challenging to decide on one. There is no shared hosting available, but other plans include dedicated hosting, VPS hosting, cloud dedicated hosting, managed WordPress hosting, managed WooCommerce hosting, and more. The hosting plans depend on the server you are using too. The cheapest hosting plans are managed WordPress and WooCommerce, starting at $13.30.
- Robust hosting plans are available for large businesses.
- Powerful server specifications for speed in the Philippines.
- Excellent customer service with a speedy response.
- 100% uptime guarantee for all websites.
- Excels in its VPS hosting services.
- No shared hosting plans.
7. Z.com Philippines
Best for Localized Support
If you’re looking for an Asian-based, cheap web hosting service in the Philippines, Z.com Philippines is the ideal choice. The web hosting provider is based in Japan and has opened doors for hosting in the Philippines. The web host is part of the GMO Internet Group and was founded in 1991.
The reliable web host allows you to host tens of websites simultaneously, with robust bandwidth, storage, and database support while providing an online service. It features two servers in the Philippines, meaning you can expect lightning-fast speeds.
- Website Transfer and Builder Option: You can move your website from another hosting provider to Z.com Philippines in a few steps. If you don’t have a website, the Philippine web host has a paid website builder option that you can opt for instead. Plus, the official domain registry helps you launch your site.
- Specialized WordPress Hosting Features: If you’re running your WordPress website on Z.com Philippines, you can enjoy a wide range of hosting services. These include automatic WordPress installation, and you can host up to 30 WP websites. The web host has a separate staging environment for WordPress sites and one-click website copy tools.
- Advanced Security Features: Z.com Philippines has quality security features for hosting your website. These include suspicious login blocking and IP address restriction. There are advanced WordPress security features and affordable SSL certificates.
Z.com Philippines offers affordable hosting plans, between ₱69 and ₱375, ranging from personal to enterprise websites. The hosting plans come with unlimited websites, unlimited email accounts, unlimited SSD storage, and unlimited bandwidth. Plus, you have access to a 30-day money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied.
- Z.com Philippines offers impressive speed with the server locations.
- Supports WordPress hosting with a wide range of features.
- Affordable SSL certificates and other security features.
- Supports large databases and high-traffic sites.
- Free website transfer.
- Hosting plans have a setup fee.
8. A2 Hosting
Best for Small Businesses
Rounding up our list is A2 Hosting, one of the fast web hosting services for users in the Philippines. The web hosting company was founded in 2011 and has become one of the best names in the business. Known for its fun-loving company culture, A2 Hosting still offers excellent customer service.
One of the highlights of A2 Hosting is their Turbo account, which offers businesses even more speed and convenience. The web hosting company has excellent unlimited benefits that will provide good value for your money. You can enjoy the high-quality customer service support too.
- Fast Loading Features: A2 Hosting offers fast loading with SSD storage. Aside from this, the Turbo plan gives you access to Turbo servers. These specialized servers will load your sites 20 times faster than the regular plans since the company will limit the number of users per server.
- Unlimited Resources: A2 Hosting has a wide range of unlimited resources for its users, providing web hosting services with good value for your money. The web hosting plans include unlimited websites, unlimited email addresses, unlimited databases, unlimited transfers, and more. Plus, you can enjoy free features like site migration, SSD speed boost, DNS management, Railgun optimizer, and Patchman enhanced security tool.
- A2 Optimized Software: Users in the Philippines can benefit from the A2 optimized software offered by the company. The optimization option is applied on famous software like WordPress, Drupal, PrestaShop, and Joomla, increasing your page load speeds and a site accelerator on the Turbo plan.
A2 Hosting offers affordable web hosting plans, starting at $2.99 when you apply the discount. You can decide to play monthly, on a 12-month plan or a 36-month plan. Aside from shared hosting, you get access to WordPress hosting, dedicated web server hosting, VPS hosting, and reseller web hosting. There is a money-back guarantee and free automatic backups.
- A2 Hosting offers super fast speed with turbo servers.
- 99.9% uptime guarantee for all websites.
- Free and unlimited features in the hosting plans.
- Round-the-clock customer service.
- Intuitive client login user interface.
- Slow customer service.
Cheap Web Hosts in the Philippines: What to Consider?
We considered many factors when compiling our review of the best and cheapest web hosting providers in the Philippines. When choosing your web hosting Philippines company to enjoy high-quality services for your business, you should keep these factors in mind. It’s important to consider those specific to your business to enjoy better quality.
Asian Based Servers
Although it’s possible to enjoy high-performance web hosting in the Philippines without a server in the country, you should first consider those in Asia, like Singapore. With data centers nearby, the cheap web hosts will give you lightning-fast loading times and more traffic to your website. Having great speed will increase your ranking on Google too.
More Than Enough Bandwidth and Storage
Another factor to consider when choosing the best web hosts in the Philippines is the storage and bandwidth offered. While some web hosts offer unlimited storage and bandwidth, others can provide ample space. The storage space indicates the space you have to store your files online, while bandwidth determines the flow of information.
It’s not surprising that the pricing options are one of the most important factors to consider when choosing cheap web host services in the Philippines. You usually select different web hosting plans, and getting those that offer more value for your money is important. This means having freebies and unlimited features.
Reliable Customer Service
Since the best web hosting services are offered online, looking out for those with good customer service is a good idea. If you have any immediate problems like a server crashing, it’s easier to have 24/7 customer support and a quick response to your problems. You should look for web hosting companies with phone support, live chat, and ticketing. The customer service should be provided by technical experts too, and a knowledge base or FAQ section is always helpful to avoid contacting the support team.
Excellent Uptime Percentage
The uptime the web hosting company provides is critical when choosing a cheap web host in the Philippines. The uptime indicates the amount of time that your website is successfully running online. Even if your website is super fast, if you have poor uptime, your customers might not reach you whenever they visit. Note that 97% or lower uptime isn’t ideal, translating to over ten days of downtime in a year. Instead, look out for uptime of 99% and higher.
Quick Loading Time
Finally, you should consider the loading times the web hosting service offers. Google does not favor slow websites, resulting in a poor user experience. When your users deal with slow loading times, it prompts them to move to the next website, thus increasing your bounce rate. Therefore, speed is one of the most important considerations when choosing a web host service in the Philippines. I only included web hosting providers with speedy loading times in the Philippines.
Popular Types of Web Hosting Services Available in the Philippines
Even after choosing the Philippines web hosting company, you must consider the service you need. Usually, web hosts in the country offer shared, VPS, dedicated, cloud, and managed WordPress hosting.
In terms of web hosting, shared hosting is the most popular and accessible, especially for those just starting. The web hosting plan involves sharing a large server with thousands of customers so that users can get their allocated resources. The web host allows you to get all the benefits of a large server but at a low price. Although shared web hosting is a great starter plan, it’s usually not ideal for large businesses. The web host is perfect for starting a blog or small business.
Dedicated hosting is the ideal choice if you’re considering the most expensive web hosting service in the Philippines. The dedicated server host gives you your server, resources, and hardware, so you don’t have to share with others. And you can upgrade the hardware depending on your needs. Dedicated server hosting plans are ideal for websites with millions of views per month. But, be prepared to pay starting prices of hundreds of dollars per month.
Managed WordPress Hosting
Web hosting companies usually offer managed WordPress hosting services if you run a WordPress website. Managed hosting means the hosting company will take care of everything, including updating plug-ins. Whenever you need something, simply contact the web host and ask them to do it for you.
Another web hosting service available in the Philippines is virtual private server hosting. It is similar to shared hosting, but you will share the VPS servers with a handful rather than thousands of users. VPS hosting allows you to adjust the hardware to meet your needs and is more affordable than the shared plans. If you have a website with high traffic and need more storage and bandwidth, VPS hosting plans are ideal.
A fast-rising hosting plan to consider is the cloud hosting plan, which allows you to host copies of your website on different servers worldwide. For websites in the Philippines, you can store a copy of your website in the South Pacific, Asia, and more. Cloud-based web hosting offers much better loading times than the other plans and ensures your site is backed up in different locations. Even if one server crashes, other servers will take the traffic.
Popular Types of Websites in the Philippines
These are the most famous kinds of websites made by Filipinos. These sites are bringing in the most traffic, sales, and income.
In the Philippines, one of the most popular types of website is a blog. These are the most accessible ways to get online and share your thoughts with others in your country and worldwide. A blog is usually operated by one person, where they talk about different things that interest them. If you’re launching your blog, you need a web hosting provider to run efficiently, especially as your traffic increases.
Another popular type of website in the Philippines is a news website. Rather than relying on newspapers and the TV, most people turn on their phones and check websites for the news. There are different niche-based news websites, like sports, politics, gaming, and so on.
Although most people think forums are old-school, they are pretty popular among online users in the Philippines. These are niche-specific websites where visitors sign up and contribute to decision topics with like-minded people. These niches include cars, photography, jobs, pets, parenthood, and more.
Most people avoid going to real shops, which is why e-commerce stores are popular in the Philippines. These stores allow you to purchase items online and deliver them to your home. If you’re running an e-commerce store, it’s essential to have a web host that ensures you have a quick loading speed and no downtime. This translates to an increase in sales and customer loyalty.
You might have noticed many affiliate websites in the Philippines. These are websites where you recommend certain products to customers and help them make a purchasing decision. Depending on the product or service, the owner is compensated when the visitor purchases from the site links.
Filipino Web Hosting Providers FAQ
Web hosting provides storage space and access for websites to run on the internet. Web hosting services offer websites the resources they need to run online as they house, serve, and maintain the necessary files for their websites. The web host works by maintaining stable and secure storage spaces, making maintenance and access easy for online users.
The cost of web hosting Philippines services depends on the service you hire. Shared web hosting plans are the cheapest, with some providers on our list offering as low as ₱50. If you go for dedicated server hosting, you will have to spend up to thousands of dollars.
The faster the website speed, the better experience you can provide to your end users. Websites that perform poorly will drive users away, while those with top speed receive more traffic and have higher conversion rates. This is why you need web hosting companies that offer impressive speed in the Philippines.
Web Hosting Philippines: The Verdict
Choosing the best web hosting company for your end users in the Philippines might be complex, with the wide range of options available. This is why our guide compiled the best hosting services in the Philippines, all offering affordable prices for businesses and bloggers to benefit from.
After considering the critical factors in choosing a web host in the Philippines, you should consider the type of hosting service you need. The hosting plans include shared dedicated, VPS, WordPress, and cloud hosting.
Here are our top five web hosting services in the Philippines:
It’s best to conduct the needed research when choosing the best and cheapest web hosting services in the Philippines. Here are some resources to help you out:
- Bluehost vs. SiteGround
- Bluehost vs. Hostgator
- How to Get a Free Domain Name
- Best Cheap Web Hosting
- The Ultimate List of Web Hosting Statistics