10 Best Cheap Cloud Hosting Services in 2023
Are you looking to grow your online business and are looking for a more scalable hosting service? Cloud hosting services might be the best solution when you are on a budget. Here we have reviewed the ten best cheap cloud hosting providers, and our top 5 choices are:
Make your content accessible worldwide without using a content distribution network through the best cheap cloud hosting services. These services would build you an infrastructure of multiple servers at an affordable cost. With cloud hosting solutions, you would no longer have to worry about managing or maintaining your cloud computing hardware.
With multiple hosting providers in the market, you might need help choosing the perfect one. The platforms mentioned in our review offer affordable cloud plans and have unique features that set them apart.
Best Cheap Cloud Hosting Providers 2023
Here are the best cheap cloud hosting providers of 2023 that you should choose from when setting up your website.
Best Cheap Cloud Web Hosting Provider Offering Managed Services
Cloudways is a fast, simple, and reliable service provider backed by 24/7 real-time expert support. I recommend this cloud provider to businesses looking for managed cloud hosting. It removes the complexities of web hosting management and lets you focus on scaling your business.Try Cloudways
Cloudways offers managed cloud hosting that simplifies your entire experience.
- Advanced Caches: With Cloudways, you can get access to an optimized stack of ready-to-use caches for businesses. These cache systems are already built in the server, thus significantly improving the page loading time for your customers.
- Auto Healing Servers: With Cloudways, you no longer have to worry about your website crashing. Most issues within their server are managed and resolved with auto-healing restarts.
- Server Customization: If you have been running your websites or business online for quite a while, you must be clear with your server requirements. Cloudways offer a managed cloud web hosting service, so you can ask their experts to deploy PHP or custom packages to your server. They would also help you with caching or server configurations.
- Dedicated Firewalls: The managed hosting service also gives you access to an advanced and managed security solution, OS-level firewalls. They protect all the servers hosted by Cloudways. These firewalls filter out all malicious traffic and keep intruders at bay.
- Team Collaboration: When scaling your business, you must create a smooth and collaborative server workflow for your team. For example, you can distribute your work to co-workers and assign them limited or full access to the server. With the 1-click hosting feature, you can also easily transfer server ownership.
- Variety of data centers are available to choose from.
- Dedicated firewalls and 2FA keep the server secure.
- Set up automatic backups for the websites.
- Does not include CDN.
- Has a medium learning curve.
- You do not get expert support with a basic plan.
Cloudways offer four different cloud plans to choose from. Along with this, you can also choose the data centers you would prefer for your website. These include DigitalOcean, Vultr, Linode, AWS, and Google Cloud.
With Cloudways, you get access to a free 3-day trial, where you can migrate your website, add a free SSL certificate to it, and monitor it 24/7 in real-time.
Leading Web Hosting Solution for Scalable Businesses
Hostinger offers a cloud-based web hosting server that is powerful yet simple to use. The server offers ample opportunities for growth, where you can get more power as your website expands. You can also get access to all the resources at your fingertips. I highly recommend this web hosting solution to companies looking to scale their businesses.Try Hostinger
Hostinger gives you access to a balanced server that offers the power of cloud computing services with the simplicity of shared hosting.
- Powerful Control Panel: Hostinger offers a faster, stronger, and more dedicated cloud server that can help you scale up your business. You can find your way around the server quickly and easily with an easy-to-use control panel. This panel is optimized for all skill levels.
- Speed Optimization: Decrease your website loading time and improve your user experience by optimizing your server. Speed is achieved by high-speed CPUs and large amounts of RAM, offering a better experience to your website visitors.
- Fully Managed Server: Hostinger makes it easier for your business to succeed, thanks to a team of experts that will take care of the backend. They are available 24/7 and will help you with every step. This allows you to focus on making the most of your project while the team handles the technical issues.
- Maximized Flexibility: This cloud web hosting service runs on isolated virtual servers. You will have total control of the server's resources with multiple cloud hosting packages. Plus, their custom control panel lets you manage your server efficiently.
- Data Backups: By hosting your website on Hostinger, you can be assured about the security of your website. You get access to top-level data backups that are automated at the backend. This ensures that your files and databases are secure even if your website gets hacked. You also get access to integrated caching, which makes your projects quick with an in-built cache manager.
- Multiple data centers all around the globe.
- Easy onboarding with a step-by-step process.
- Affordable yearly cloud hosting plans.
- Limited disk space.
- Does not offer a telephonic customer support option.
- File manager is slightly glitchy.
Hostinger offers three cloud hosting plans: Startup, Professional, and Enterprise.
With Hostinger, you get access to a 30-day money-back guarantee. During the guarantee period, you can manage up to 100 email accounts, get a free SSL for your website, and manage caches. If you are not happy with their services or page loading speed, you can get your money back within the first 30 days.
3. A2 Hosting
Best Cheap Cloud Server Hosting with Turbo Mode
A2 Hosting offers ultra-reliable cloud web hosting servers with dedicated resources. What I love the most about this hosting service is its turbo mode, which runs 20 times faster. With this, you can get better SEO rankings, higher conversion rates, and a much lower bounce rate. This increases the quality score of your website on search engines.Try A2 Hosting
A2 Hosting offers the industry's best web host solutions that are reliable and fast.
- Free Website Migration: You can contact their customer support team if you want to switch to A2 hosting. Their team will handle all the migration stuff for you.
- Reliable Servers: If you are running your business online, you need to choose a web hosting solution that you can depend upon. The servers offered by A2 Hosting have been built by expert engineers using a high-quality network, software, hardware, and processes. They offer a 99.99% server uptime commitment.
- Optimized Cloud Services: A2 Hosting offers optimized and reliable cloud services to secure your website quickly and speed it up. This is done by easily installing and configuring multiple well-known and stable optimizations with a few clicks. These plugins would optimize the speed and user experience.
- Advanced Caching: Caching is one of the essential features when discussing your website's speed. A2 Hosting provides advanced caching services, including page, database, and object caching. Advanced caching lets you speed up page rendering and, thus, the website's loading speed.
- Developer Friendly: The hosting offers support for software solutions, making it developer friendly. There is server support for the best versions of Python, Ruby, MySQL, PHP, Apache, and many more. The hosting meets all the required web development needs.
- Super fast loading time of 286ms.
- Free website migrations.
- Free Cloudflare CDN along with developer-friendly tools.
- Does not offer a free domain name with cloud hosting plans.
- Higher monthly renewal plans.
- Does not offer automatic backups with cheaper cloud plans.
A2 Hosting offers their customers the cheapest cloud hosting plans – Runway 1, Runway 2, Runway 4, and Supersonic 8.
With A2 Hosting, you get access to a 30-day money-back guarantee, where you can get full root access, choose your operating system, and manage your hardware as well as network. If you aren't satisfied with their services, you can get a full refund within the first 30 days.
Best Cloud Hosting Solution for Multi-Server Management
Bluehost offers everything your website needs, from starting it up to reaching its success. A multi-server management feature allows you to add more VPS, dedicated, or shared hosting services to your plan. You can manage all of the hosting services via the centralized dashboard. I highly recommend this cloud hosting platform for growing businesses.Try Bluehost
Bluehost has a reliable cloud hosting plan built especially for your needs, offering advanced performance. While most people confuse cloud with VPS hosting, Bluehost has created a unified solution, with its virtual private server hosting plans built on cloud technology.
- Resource Protection: When you are hosting your website on a virtual server, your website will share resources among multiple synced servers. Bluehost offers a resource protection feature, where your website's performance will always stay protected and unaffected. This means that your website would be fine, irrespective of the number of websites using the server.
- Centralized Dashboard: You can use Bluehost's single, centralized dashboard to manage your entire server. The dashboard lets you manage all your websites and clients. You can track broken links, create invoices, secure logins, and stage your websites.
- SSL Certificates: No matter what cloud hosting plan you choose, Bluehost offers a free SSL certificate for your website. This certificate would safeguard your personal information, e-commerce transactions, and other sensitive data. It is done by encrypting your connection.
- Spam Protection: Bluehost is perfect if you are looking to secure your websites from spam users and hackers. You also get free access to a premium Cloudflare CDN service, which reduces the server's latency and protects your website from DDoS attacks.
- Full Root Access: Bluehost offers unmanaged cloud web hosting solutions for businesses. This means you can completely manage your virtual server and resources on your websites as you desire. You can also create unlimited FTP accounts to upload, download, and modify the files on your server.
- Free SSL certificates for websites.
- Interactive and user-friendly interface.
- Offers a large pool of widgets.
- Poor backup options.
- Limitation on entry-level cloud hosting plans.
- System is packed with continuous upsell pitches.
Bluehost has three paid cloud plans: Standard, Enhanced, and Ultimate.
Bluehost gets you access to a 20-day money-back guarantee. With this money-back guarantee, you can register a free domain, set up an SSL certificate on your website, and manage everything on a centralized dashboard. If you are not satisfied with the virtual server’s performance, you can request a complete refund within the first 30 days of signing up.
Cheapest Cloud Hosting Server for SaaS Products
Kamatera offers advanced and scalable cloud solutions for businesses of all sizes. I recommend this hosting solution to companies building SaaS products. It provides flexible, fast, and reliable solutions for developers. You can easily maintain the cloud web hosting platform and conveniently access the information via a single control panel.Try Kamatera
Kamatera offers a scalable cloud infrastructure with a pay-as-you-go model.
- Instant Scaling: You can create a simple management portal to suit your immediate needs on your own. The server capacity can be decreased or increased within minutes. By logging into your cloud management console, you can add or remove hardware components from your server, including CPU and RAM.
- Zero Hardware Maintenance: With the cloud servers offered by Kamatera, you no longer have to worry about the physical maintenance of your servers. It gives you control over your hardware configuration to achieve instant and unlimited scaling. You can manage your cloud servers easily from your computer.
- Quick Transaction Processing: If you are running an online business, you need a hosting solution with quick transaction processing. As your business grows over time, you need to instantly scale up your resources and disk space for a better customer experience. This is what you get with Kamaetra.
- Firewall Management: Firewall is a virtual tool to protect your cloud servers, ensuring that no hackers can access your website's database. It is one of the most useful managed cloud features offered by Kamatera, ensuring the network is fully secured. The firewalls protect your website and server from different malware types.
- Disaster Recovery Management: To protect your online business from cyber attacks and equipment failures, Kamatera offers a disaster recovery management feature. It is offered through ongoing monitoring and round-the-clock customer support.
- Very easy to scale.
- A wide range of configuration options is available.
- Affordable monthly cloud hosting plans.
- Daily backups would cost extra.
- Medium learning curve.
- Does not offer a shared hosting plan.
Kamatera offers a pay-as-you-go cloud hosting plan where you can fully customize your cloud hosting plan.
Kamatera offers a 30-day free trial, where you can host your website for free, flexibly scale your resources, and choose from various operating servers.
Affordable Cloud Hosting Solution for Full Control
InterServer offers a flexible cloud hosting plan that integrates its cloud solutions and VPS hosting.
- Data Access: With InterServer, you can access your data anywhere & anytime. This hosting system sets no limits when accessing or updating your data or service. Since all files get stored in the cloud, you can access the database, folders, files, and other resources from anywhere in the world at any time.
- Full Control: You get full control over your virtual server and website with InterServer. The full root access offered by the hosting solution lets you decide what you want on your VPS hosting. It lets you choose which control panel and operating system to install.
- Dedicated Resources: With dedicated servers and resources, you can ensure that your website's speed and performance are always optimized. Plus, you can easily choose and customize resources on the VPS cloud. This means that you will only pay for the resources you consume.
- Self-Healing Hardware: The cloud VPS hosting offered by InterServer is equipped with self-healing software. If the server malfunctions, the AI will detect it and automatically redirect your website to another node on the server. This doesn't affect the performance of your website or the user experience.
- Remote Backup Service: You can keep your data secure or add backups to your VPS with the remote backup service offered by InterServer. Additionally, you can migrate your website and all the databases to the cloud hosting platform for free.
- Unlimited storage space.
- Free and quick website migration.
- Choose from multiple operating systems.
- Slower page loading speed.
- Data center location is only available in the USA.
- Customer support team is unresponsive.
Interserver gives you access to different pricing options, which vary based on CPU cores, memory, storage, and transfer,
Interserver offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. With this money-back guarantee, you can access a managed hosting service with lightning-fast speeds. If you aren't satisfied with the cloud services provided, you can get a complete refund within the first 30 days.
Leading Cloud Hosting System with Powerful API
Vultr is designed for developers so that you can spend more time coding and less time managing the infrastructure.
- Easy Management: The control panel offered by Vultr makes server management intuitive and simple. You can complete the tasks like managing your backups, ordering cloud servers, and adjusting the access control right from your centralized dashboard.
- Powerful API: Using Vultr's API, you can bring automation to the forefront of your business. With these powerful APIs, you can save hours of manual labor. Irrespective of the type of action you want to perform on the WordPress hosting platform, you can easily automate it into your systems.
- Localized Peering: To make sure that your website gives out the best performance and experiences a low latency, the network team at Vultr continuously optimizes the routing and peering agreements. This cloud web hosting solution has servers in 27 locations around the globe.
- Secure Clouds: Vultr offers a unique combination of cloud and virtual private servers, which makes the cloud provider even more secure. Different nodes in the server can connect and interact with each other without having to use the internet. This keeps the server secure from spammers and hackers.
- Custom ISO: You can upload your customized operating system and create unlimited OS combinations. Along with uploading your OS, you will also have access to the in-built library. The library includes popular server operating systems and is curated by an experienced team of system administrators.
- Offers a wide range of quality cloud products.
- Flexible and affordable monthly pricing options.
- Clean and user-friendly interface.
- Has a slight learning curve.
- Higher-end plans are less available globally.
- Customer service is unresponsive.
Vultr has eight different paid cloud hosting plans, where the cost of the plans would vary depending on CPU, memory, bandwidth, and storage space.
When you sign up on Vultr, you can use their cloud hosting platform for free with the $100 credit offered by the company. With this credit, you can create a secure server for your websites and manage everything through a centralized dashboard.
Best Cheap Cloud Hosting Provider for Developers
DigitalOcean is a cloud hosting solution that drives business growth and can scale your business at any stage.
- Block Storage: This cloud platform gives you access to scalable and reliable storage. All your files and databases are replicated and stored separately. It ensures that your data remains available, even in the event of failure. The storage is secure as all the data is encrypted and transmitted over isolated networks.
- Container Registry: You can easily store and manage your private container images with DigitalOcean. A container image is a static file that contains executable code. These files can easily and securely transfer over high-speed HTTPS connections to servers across four continents.
- Cloud Firewalls: Cloud firewalls are the perfect solution for production deployments and staging. You can easily secure your website and define what cloud services are visible on the server. These firewalls are designed to grow with you. Update your entire cloud infrastructure by adding, editing, or removing rules set for the cloud firewalls.
- DNS Management: When you add a paid or free domain to the server at DigitalOcean, you can easily manage the domain registration services and DNS records with the API and control panel. The domains you manage on DigitalOcean also integrate with spaces and load balancers to streamline automatic SSL certificate management.
- Infrastructure Monitoring: DigitalOcean lets you seamlessly monitor your infrastructure, collect metrics for visibility, and receive alerts if any cloud infrastructure issues arise. You can track your website's performance, set up instant alerts, and view graphs within the control panel. You can also integrate the monitoring service with Slack to receive instant alerts.
- Keeps your data secure with daily backups.
- Developer-friendly product ecosystem.
- Knowledgeable and responsive customer support.
- Documentation is poor.
- Slightly complicated cloud hosting plans.
- Medium learning curve for beginners.
With DigitalOcean, you can choose the cloud solutions you require for software development. This includes Droplets, Kubernetes, App Platforms, Functions, Databases, Spaces, Volumes, and Load Balancers.
When you sign up for DigitalOcean, you can try the cloud platform for free with the $200 credit offered by the hosting system. If you aren't happy with the performance or their services, you can choose not to continue with DigitalOcean.
Best Cloud Hosting Solutions for Linux Servers
Linode lets developers accelerate innovation with simple, affordable, and accessible Linux solutions and services.
- Global Infrastructure: Linode has a global infrastructure of data centers, with servers in 11 global markets. This hosting industry enables secure and reliable networking throughout its cloud network backbone. With their extensive peering solutions, the cloud provider ensures that traffic travels faster to your website.
- DDoS Protection: No matter how secure your website is, there is always a chance that hackers or spammers can surpass the security walls. Linode offers DDoS protection for all virtual machines, irrespective of your chosen plan.
- Automatic DNS Management: You can access a simple and reliable DNS control that is highly available, reliable, and scalable. Cloud managers can help you simplify and automate the management of DNS zones. It also makes importing easy. If your website is on another server, you can easily import zones by updating your name servers.
- Custom Firewall Rules: Easily and efficiently control your cloud network traffic with the cloud firewall protection offered by Linode. You can customize the firewall rules and secure the traffic based on ports, protocols, and a trusted dedicated IP address.
- Node Balancers: Make sure that your cloud services and valuable applications are highly available with Node Balancers. These load balancers are part of the cloud packages and are managed by the provider. They route the incoming requests to the backend, helping your website cope with any instant surge in traffic.
- Includes DDoS protection for all Windows cloud hosting plans.
- Predictable and affordable monthly plans.
- Offers fast server hardware.
- Slight learning curve with the complicated interface.
- Lacks a wide selection of operating servers.
- Customer support is slow.
Linode has multiple paid options depending on the type of cloud server you want to choose. These include dedicated servers, shared hosting CPU, high memory, GPU, and Kubernetes.
Linode gives you access to a 7-day money-back guarantee. With this money-back guarantee, you can secure your website from DDoS attacks and create custom cloud firewall rules. If you aren't satisfied with the server's performance or load time, you can get a full refund within the first seven days of signing up for the platform.
10. HostGator Cloud
Cheapest Cloud Server with Automated Failover
HostGator Cloud lets you power your website with faster speed, less downtime, and an intuitive dashboard.
- Turbocharged Hosting: HostGator has designed a perfect balance of low-density cloud servers, premium hardware, and multiple caching layers. It offers an instant resource management option and better single-server allocation. This makes your hosting solution much more scalable and reliable.
- Integrated Caching: Caching is an important feature to look out for when aiming to improve your customer experience. With the integrated caching options HostGator Cloud offers, your website will load in a few milliseconds for your users. It would reduce your website's bounce rate and rank it higher on search engines.
- Resource Management: Get total control of your cloud server and resources with HostGator. With this scalable provider, you can add as many resources as you like or remove them if needed. The easy management of resources would help you tackle an instant surge in traffic without your website crashing.
- Automated Failover: The best thing about a cloud server is that it's virtually connected to multiple nodes. If there is a hardware problem on the server, it will be automatically detected by the AI. The cloud platform then switches your website to another node in the server, ensuring that your website does not experience any downtime.
- Data Mirroring: No matter how many firewalls you set up on your website or server, there is always a chance a hacker can bypass them. The cloud platform creates three copies of your data to save it from malware. In case of a malware attack, you can reload your database files to the server.
- Free migration of your website.
- Knowledgeable and responsive customer support team.
- Supports multiple programming languages.
- Backup options are slightly limited.
- Lacks advanced features like a built-in caching system and staging areas.
- Packed with unnecessary upsell options.
HostGator Cloud offers three pricing plans to its customers – Hatchling Cloud, Baby Cloud, and Business Cloud.
With HostGator, you get access to a 45-day money-back guarantee, where you can subscribe to a free domain and add an SSL certificate to your website.
Why Consider Cheap Cloud Hosting?
Many online businesses are shifting to a cloud hosting server due to its various benefits. In the early stages of your business, you need a cheap and affordable service on which you can run your website without facing much downtime.
1. Easy to Scale Server Resources
The best thing about a cheap cloud hosting provider is that you can start cheap and scale your business by adding more resources. The reliable cloud services mentioned in our review give you access to an intuitive site management dashboard. You can scale the server resources up or down the spot.
2. High Availability and Reliable Uptime
Traditional hosting providers use physical servers to host your website. These servers require a lot of maintenance. On the other hand, when you choose cloud providers, you are using multiple interconnected servers. It has a high server uptime built into its structure.
3. Faster Website Performance
Affordable and cheap cloud servers offer blazing-fast website speed to their users. Unlike a physical server, load balancing is much easier with a cloud server as it provides multiple server environments. While choosing a hosting provider, you should make sure that you choose one with multiple caching layers.
Do I Need Managed or Unmanaged Cloud Hosting?
Cloud hosting is among the fastest growing and widely adopted web hosting solutions. Managed and unmanaged hosting solutions have their advantages, but the choice depends on your business type. You can choose between managed and unmanaged cloud hosting, depending upon the flexibility and support you will need from the provider.
A managed cloud service is one where the business can subscribe to the services offered by the provider. You can develop a cloud plan with your provider and get your business managed from there. It is the perfect solution for businesses with no dedicated IT team who want to focus more on scaling their business.
On the other hand, unmanaged cloud services give online businesses access to their server with all the core services. You will have complete flexibility and freedom with unmanaged hosting solutions. It is the best fit for businesses with a dedicated IT team and not needing much assistance from the provider. However, they do not provide support for third-party installations or customizations.
There are a few cloud web hosting solutions that you can try out for free. Cloudways offers a free 3-day trial, where you can surf the cloud platform and analyze its loading speed. On the other hand, Kamatera provides a 30-day trial to its customers.
Apart from this, almost all the cloud hosting solutions mentioned offer a money-back warranty. If unsatisfied with their services or performance, you can get a full refund.
WordPress is one of the most popular and user-friendly content management systems used by most startups and growing businesses. Here are a few of the best cloud WordPress hosting systems you can use for your websites.
– A2 Hosting
– HostGator Cloud
While most people associate price with quality, that is not a comparison factor for cloud providers. Even affordable cloud hosting solutions offer a remarkable page loading speed and services to growing businesses. Here are some of the cheapest hosting solutions you can choose when starting your online business.
– A2 Hosting
– HostGator Cloud
The average price for a cloud hosting server would depend upon the plan you choose and the requirements of your business. If you are starting your business, a basic plan will be enough. It would cost between $4 and $20 every month. The best part about cloud providers is that you can scale up your server and dedicated server resources as per your choice. Most hosting providers offer a pay-as-you-go pricing plan.
On the other hand, you would need a more robust hosting plan if you have a bigger online business with customers in multiple countries. Depending on your requirements, these advanced plans can cost you between $60 and $3,000.
Test the Cheapest Cloud Hosting Services
You must choose a cloud hosting service to operate a scalable business. The cheapest cloud hosting solution would depend upon the location of your target audience and the services you require.