Best Cheap Web Hosting in Malaysia (2023 Top Providers)
When creating a website on a budget in Malaysia, you must work with the best cheap web hosting services. Here are our top five providers:
If you're looking to start an online business or build an online presence for your company, you need to develop a website using the best cheap web hosting in Malaysia. With a wide range of hosting providers targeting the Malaysian market, it's challenging to identify the one that offers the best value for your money.
This review has compiled the top 8 cheap web hosting services in Malaysia. These web hosts were thoroughly tested and proven to offer quality services and robust plans despite their affordable costs. Let's take a closer look.
Best Cheap Web Hosting Malaysia
- Hostinger: Cheapest Hosting Provider with Developer Features
- Bluehost: Best for Cheap WordPress Hosting
- HostPapa: Best for Free Site Migration
- A2 Hosting: Best for Speed-Enhancing Features
- HostGator: Best for Unlimited and Free Features
- Shinjiru: Best for Malaysia-Based Servers
- SiteGround: Best for Great Introductory Price Discounts
- Kinsta: Best for Cloud-Based Server Hosting
Best Overall Cheap Hosting in Malaysia
Hostinger offers well-balanced hosting services to websites in Malaysia. With shared hosting starting at RM 3.99, users can enjoy top features like self-healing infrastructure and DDoS protection for a low price. This cheap hosting provider gives you complete control over your hosting needs.Try Hostinger
Hostinger is a Lithuanian-based hosting service renowned for offering top-notch hosting based on its SSD servers, HTTP/3 infrastructure, and LiteSpeed web servers. Websites in Malaysia can benefit from the data centers in India and Singapore, and you can change your server location once a month.
Despite its unparalleled features, Hostinger is one of the cheapest web hosts in Malaysia, with shared hosting for one website going as low as RM 3.99 and RM 8.99 when you renew. Users should keep in mind that no daily backup is offered on Hostinger plans.
- Affordable Starter and Renewal Plans: Hostinger offers affordable web hosting plans, and even the cloud hosting and managed WordPress hosting plans are cheaper than you'd expect. They start at RM 49 and RM 3.99 per month, respectively. Websites can benefit from a free domain and email, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited databases, and free SSL on the Premium and Business plans. The renewals are also cheaper compared to its competitors.
- Top-notch Site Security: These measures include automatic updates, website backups, DDoS protection, an in-house developed firewall (WAF), and free SSL on Business and Premium plans. The hosting provider also runs your website on a CloudLinux and LVE containerized environment.
- Full Coding Control: You have complete control over your website and hosting needs when you use Hostinger. The hosting solution provides tools like WP-CLI, Git integration, SSH, PHP version control, and MySQL manager to better manage your databases.
Hostinger offers three cheap shared hosting plans, but you only get freebies from the Premium and Business plans. You can get started with one of these:
- Single Web Hosting – RM 3.99 per month.
- Premium Web Hosting – RM 9.99 per month.
- Business Web Hosting – RM 16.99 per month.
- Fast web hosting in Malaysia with a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- Excellent security measures and free SSL.
- Free domain and unlimited features.
- Great introductory price and affordable renewal rates.
- Speed-enhancing features like SSD servers, HTTP/3, and unlimited bandwidth.
- No daily backups.
- No Malaysia domain names.
Best for WordPress Hosting in Malaysia
Bluehost is officially recommended by WordPress and is an ideal choice for beginners making their first business website or blog. The hosting provider offers a seamless onboarding process with automatic WordPress installation. While Bluehost is seen as a dinosaur in the industry, it provides blazing-fast speed and has an India-based data center for great performance in Malaysia.Try Bluehost
Bluehost is next on our list of the best cheap web hosting services in Malaysia, providing easy onboarding and top-notch speed. The hosting provider has two data centers in Asia, one in India and another in China, which speeds up the response time for visitors in Malaysia.
Aside from cheap shared hosting, Bluehost offers dedicated hosting and VPS hosting services. As a WordPress-recommended host, Bluehost offers automatic WordPress installation, WP Pro, and WooCommerce hosting solutions.
- WordPress Hosting: Bluehost provides WordPress hosting solutions with all the tools you need to build a blog or an e-commerce website. It has automatic WordPress installation & updates and secure login.
- Feature-rich Shared Hosting Plans: Even with affordable shared hosting services, there is a wide range of features and freebies. All plans have a domain manager, resource protection, and SSL certificate. There are also freebies on the hosting plans, like free domain, free CDN, free automated backup, and free dedicated IP (only on the Pro plan).
- High-Performance Servers and Security: Websites in Malaysia can benefit from high-performance servers on Bluehost, although this is only available on the Pro plan. Bluehost optimizes the CPU to provide better speed and processing power for high-traffic sites. As for security, Bluehost provides SiteLock as an add-on. On the highest tier of SiteLock, Prevent Plus, you get daily scans, automatic malware removal, DDoS protection, and image optimization.
Bluehost offers affordable starter plans, but it auto-renews at a regular rate after the first month. The shared hosting and WordPress plans cost the same and start at:
- Basic: $2.75 per month.
- Plus: $4.95 per month.
- Choice Plus: $5.45 per month.
- Pro: $13.95 per month.
- Bluehost is easy to use with automatic WordPress installation.
- Buffet of free and unlimited features on all plans.
- High-performance servers on the Pro plan.
- Reliable security features and CodeGuard Basic.
- Customer service responds very fast.
- Constant upsells when checking out.
- No Malaysia domain names.
Best for Malaysian Small Businesses
HostPapa is well-known for offering expert hosting services to small businesses in Malaysia. The affordable hosting plans, convenient tools, free domain names, and fast loading and response time make it popular among website owners. HostPapa also comes with an in-built website builder for anyone starting from scratch.Try HostPapa
HostPapa is one of the best web hosting services that offer all you need to run a website at an affordable price. Along with shared hosting, the company provides optimized and managed WordPress hosting, VPS hosting, and reseller hosting.
Small businesses in Malaysia have access to servers in Asia, including one in Kuala Lumpur, which means better speed and response times. HostPapa also stands out for its award-winning customer service through phone, chat, and email, and it is available 24/7.
- Free and Easy Website Migration: HostPapa offers a seamless migration from your previous web host without downtime. There is a 30-day money-back guarantee, and if you are not pleased with the service, HostPapa will move you back to your previous host for free.
- Impressive Performance with Top-notch Servers: All the hosting plans come with a Cloudflare content delivery network, SuperMicro servers, and a reliable cPanel. The premium servers offer a 400% performance boost for sites in Malaysia.
- Security Solutions on Pro and Ultra Plans: If you're focused on better security for your website, HostPapa offers a Premium Wildcard SSL certificate, domain privacy protection, and automated backup and restoration. You get the Protection Power feature which provides constant scans, a Web Application Firewall, malware removal, threat discovery, and suspicious traffic blocking on the Ultra plan.
HostPapa offers affordable hosting plans with a wide range of features for blogs, small business owners, and larger businesses. It is billed for 36 months, but you can pay on a monthly or yearly basis. On the Pro and Ultra plans, you get unlimited domains and websites on a single account. Choose one from these four plans:
- Start: $2.95 per month.
- Plus: $5.95 per month.
- Pro: $5.95 per month.
- Ultra: $12.95 per month.
- You can connect to servers in Malaysia using a CDN network.
- 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- Award-winning customer service by PapaSquad.
- Exceptional value for your money.
- User-friendly hosting with easy onboarding for beginners.
- No free automatic backup on entry-level plans.
- No MY domain names.
4. A2 Hosting
Best for Speed in Malaysia
Businesses expecting high speed from their web hosting in Malaysia can rely on A2 Hosting. Aside from the response time of 71 milliseconds in Asia, A2 Hosting also comes with a Singapore-based data center suitable for websites in Malaysia. You can pay extra for the Turbo Servers, which provide even better performance.Try A2 Hosting
A2 Hosting is well-known as one of the fastest web hosting services for Malaysian sites. The hosting service comes with A2 Optimization and special Turbo Servers that cost a bit more than the standard servers.
The servers used by A2 Hosting are optimized for WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal and provide free site migration. Aside from the shared hosting, businesses in Malaysia have access to VPS, reseller, dedicated, email, cPanel, and Turbo hosting packages.
- Turbo Servers with Asian Data Center: The Turbo plan starts at $6.99 per month on shared hosting. Turbo hosting is available on managed WordPress, VPS, and dedicated hosting plans. Turbo servers offer up to 20x higher speed in Malaysia with the Singapore-based data center.
- 24/7/365 Customer Support: A2 Hosting provides round-the-clock customer services that businesses in Malaysia can rely on. It takes a while to connect to an agent, but once you do, the experts are quick and knowledgeable.
- Free and Unlimited Features: The freebies you get when using A2 Hosting depend on the plan you pay for. On the Turbo Max plan, you get unlimited websites, unlimited SSD storage, free site migration, and automatic backups.
You can decide to pay monthly, yearly, or on a 36-month basis when using A2 Hosting. You can choose one of four plans (monthly billing):
- Startup: $10.99 per month.
- Drive: $12.99 per month.
- Turbo Boost: $19.99 per month.
- Turbo Max: $24.99 per month.
- Super-fast hosting with Turbo servers and SSD storage.
- Free and unlimited features on all plans.
- 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- Round-the-clock customer service.
- Includes a data center in Singapore.
- Customer service response can be slow.
- No MY domain names.
Best for Shared Hosting in Malaysia
For robust shared hosting plans in Malaysia, you should consider using HostGator. The web hosting service provides unmetered storage, unlimited email, and databases on its shared plans, as well as a wide range of freebies. Plus, they are highly affordable, starting at $2.75 per month.Try HostGator
HostGator is ideal for website owners on a budget that are looking for robust shared hosting plans. The hosting platform has unmetered storage and bandwidth on all the shared plans, which means more value for your money.
The affordable shared hosting plans go as low as $2.75 per month but will renew at a higher price. You can also purchase WordPress, dedicated, VPS, and reseller hosting services at an affordable price from HostGator.
- Free Features on all Plans: HostGator's hosting plans come with free features, which means you're enjoying more value for your money. Websites in Malaysia can use free SSL certificates, a free domain, and unmetered bandwidth & storage.
- Ecommerce Site Builder (Add-on): HostGator comes with an e-commerce website builder that you can use to start up your online store.
- Add-on Services: Some of the add-on services that businesses in Malaysia can purchase include automated backups, SiteLock, and professional email services. You can find many other add-ons based on the type of your hosting account.
HostGator offers very affordable hosting plans, but the renewal prices are higher. Here are the three shared hosting plans:
- Hatchling: $2.75 per month.
- Baby: $3.50 per month.
- Business: $5.25 per month.
- 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- Offers an e-commerce site builder with user-friendly UI.
- One-click installation of popular CMSs.
- Free and unlimited resources.
- Constantly upselling during checkout.
- No Malaysia domain names.
Best Malaysian Hosting Provider
If you need a reliable local hosting provider, Shinjiru is the ideal choice. The hosting service has an infrastructure based in Kuala Lumpur and follows the data sovereignty rights in Malaysia.
You can choose between Linux and Windows hosting plans for as low as RM200.88 per year. Since it's a Malaysian company, clients can benefit from local customer service.
- Security Features for Malaysian Sites: Shinjiru provides a free SSL certificate on all shared Linux hosting plans, and the servers are protected by a Web Application Firewall. You can subscribe to the FastVault Backup service to back your website up every week. There is a free data backup on shared hosting plans.
- Reliable Customer Service: The hosting company has a 24x7x365 command center for providing dependable customer support. You can contact them through Telegram or by submitting a ticket. Users that subscribe to the GOLD VIP Managed Service get priority support.
- Topnotch Domain Seller: With Shinjiru, you can get a .my, .com. .net, .org, and .xyz domain, and there is a free domain on the shared Linux hosting plans. The web host is also one of the two ICANN-accredited domain registrars in Malaysia and also provides hundreds of other extensions.
Shinjiru provides different kinds of hosting, including shared, VPS, WordPress, and dedicated hosting. The shared Linux hosting plans include the following:
- Eco Startup: RM200.88 per year
- Eco Premium: RM251.28 per year.
- Eco Ultimate: RM323.28 per year.
- Malaysia-based company for local support.
- Budget-friendly plans for Linux and Windows.
- 99.9% uptime guarantee with SLA.
- Free domain, including .my domains.
- 24/7 customer service.
- Some security features like DDoS protection can be purchased as an add-on.
Best Scalable Host with Introductory Discounts
SiteGround is a solid host for businesses in Malaysia, offering excellent hosting performance, fast speeds, and 73% introductory price discounts. This hosting company is also endorsed by WordPress, providing top-notch managed WordPress hosting services.
Several data center and CDN locations exist for SiteGround, including one in Singapore, which is ideal for websites in Malaysia. SiteGround is also highly scalable, so you can grow your business without worrying about technical details.
- Smooth Website Transfer and Building: SiteGround provides migration experts to its clients, or you can use a WordPress Migrator plugin. The hosting service also comes with one-click installs for WordPress, Weebly, and other popular site builders.
- Advanced Features on GoGeek: The GoGeek plan goes for $10.69 per month and comes with features like unlimited sites, ultrafast PHP, website staging, priority support, easy Git integration, and even white-label access to your clients. This allows website developers on SiteGround to give their clients access to their websites.
- Easy Site Management: SiteGround provides Site Tools which make it easy to manage your website. Site Tools is highly intuitive, with functionality for uploading files, managing DNS zones, and creating databases & emails. There is also a Client Area with all the tools for managing your hosting accounts.
SiteGround offers affordable shared hosting services with a 73% introductory discount. You can choose one from three hosting plans:
- StartUp: $3.99 per month.
- GrowBig: $6.69 per month.
- GoGeek: $10.69 per month.
- Quick server response time in Malaysia with a Singapore-based data center.
- Free daily backup on shared and cloud hosting.
- Managed WordPress hosting is available.
- User-friendly Site Tools and Client Tools.
- 73% introductory price discount.
- Higher renewal prices.
- No MY domain names.
Best for Managed Hosting in Malaysia
Kinsta is not the cheapest web hosting provider for Malaysian websites on our list, but it offers excellent value for your money. The main hosting service provided by Kinsta is managed WordPress hosting, but it has recently added PostgreSQL hosting services and MongoDB hosting plans.
Kinsta has WordPress management tools and a user-friendly interface, and it is a cloud-based host, which means you get speed and scalability. Kinsta has several data centers in Asia, including India, Singapore, Indonesia, Japan, and Taiwan.
- Reliable Managed Hosting: Kinsta's hosting services are almost hands-off, so you can focus on your business without worrying about the technical aspects. The hosting company offers updates management, one-click staging, and speed tuning.
- Ideal for Traffic Spikes: This web host is highly scalable with its Google Compute Engine integration. It allows the website container to scale dramatically whenever an unexpected traffic surge occurs.
- Cloud-Based Infrastructure for Speed: Kinsta hosting service is built on Google Cloud and uses a virtual server space that uses a complicated network of servers. This means you can enjoy scalability, uptime, and speed for your website in Malaysia.
Kinsta has a wide range of hosting plans with flexible pricing. There is a 30-day money-back guarantee and two months free on the annual plans. The hosting plans include the following:
- Starter: $35 per month.
- Pro: $70 per month.
- Business 1: $115 per month.
- Business 2: $225 per month.
- Business 3: $340 per month.
- Business 4: $450 per month.
- Enterprise 1: $675 per month.
- Enterprise 2: $1,000 per month.
- Enterprise 3: $1,350 per month.
- Enterprise 4: $1,650 per month.
- Quick loading times with Asian data centers.
- Hosting infrastructure is on Google Cloud.
- Easy to set up and migrate your website.
- Ideal for a sudden increase in site traffic.
- Reliable customer support.
- No email hosting.
- No Malaysia domain names.
Hostinger provides the cheapest hosting in Malaysia, with the shared hosting plan starting at RM 3.99 per month. After the first month, the price increases to RM 8.99 per month.
Hostinger is the best hosting provider for users in Malaysia. Aside from the affordable hosting plans, it comes with robust features and a data center in Singapore for top-notch speed and performance.
You can enjoy better speed and performance when you choose a host with servers in Malaysia. But, some hosting companies have servers in neighboring countries like Singapore and India, which ensures top loading and response times. HostPapa is ideal if you prefer a hosting service with servers in Malaysia.
What are the Cheapest Hosting Plans in Malaysia?
The best cheap web hosting services should provide top-notch solutions without expecting you to break the bank. You need to consider the location of the data centers and servers, the onboarding process and customer service, the uptime guarantee, security features, and other add-ons that can improve your site's performance.
With our detailed review, you can now try the cheapest hosting plans in Malaysia. Even if these hosting services are affordable, they don't sacrifice quality, so you can expect excellent value, robust features, and free and unlimited resources.
Here are the five cheapest options on our list:
Before you get started with cheap web hosting in Malaysia, here are some helpful resources:
- Hostinger Reviews – 10 Pros & Cons You Should Know in 2022
- Hostinger Pricing: Which Plan is Right for You?
- Bluehost vs. SiteGround
- Bluehost vs. HostGator