8 Best And Fastest WordPress Hosting UK Options For 2022
When running a WordPress website in the UK, you must provide your end-users with speed and reliable uptime. We’ve compiled the top eight WordPress hosting UK options, starting with the best five.
The speed and performance of your WordPress website depend on the web hosting provider you choose in the UK. This is why you need the best and fastest WordPress hosting UK option to provide speed and top-notch performance to your end users.
WordPress hosting is a safe and powerful hosting service designed specifically for WordPress websites. When running your site, you need a reliable web host that will meet the needs of your business. Thus, we’ve compiled a review of the best WordPress web hosts in the UK.
Continue reading our guide to know more.
Best and Fastest WordPress Hosting UK Options
Here is a list of our top 8 WordPress hosting companies in the UK offering fantastic speed.
SiteGround is a solid WordPress web host recommended by WordPress for its hosting quality. The hosting company offers consistently fast speeds and top value with an 80% introductory price discount. SiteGround offers excellent performance with Google Cloud hosting and SSD.
SiteGround is at the top of our list of the fastest WordPress hosting services in the UK, offering impressive loading and response times worldwide. With its seven data centres, SiteGround can provide value to its WordPress users at really affordable prices.
The web host has been recommended by WordPress.org and is known to offer free and unlimited resources on its managed WordPress plans. SiteGround backs its users with fantastic customer support and a reliable 99.99% uptime guarantee.
- Managed WordPress Hosting Support: As SiteGround comes highly recommended by WordPress, it’s not surprising that they have a complete WordPress hosting package to benefit from. The managed WordPress hosting service offers 1-click staging, with WP-CLI and Git enabled for using command prompt and working with coders. WordPress is automatically updated, and specialists provide support.
- Speed-Optimised Software: SiteGround promises to load your site 4x faster, but this is not unfounded. The hosting service is backed up by enhanced hardware such as SSDs in all their servers and Google Cloud hosting. SiteGround also uses SuperCacher, a caching system, Cloudflare CDN, and PHP to improve your site speed.
- Easy to Use Site Tools: SiteGround uses Site Tool for its control dashboard rather than the standard cPanel. Site Tools is designed to be efficient, and you can easily set up WordPress and email accounts once you sign up.
Speed and Performance
SiteGround offers a quick server response time of 130 milliseconds globally and features seven data centres. These are in the USA, UK, Netherlands, Australia, Germany, Singapore, and Spain. The global locations mean businesses in the UK can offer top speed to their end users.
With the data centre in London, websites in the UK enjoy a speed of 4 milliseconds, causing sites to load instantly. SiteGround guarantees a 99.99% uptime and has not gone below this since 2014. This keeps your website running consistently with minimal downtime.
The WordPress hosting plans at SiteGround start from £2.99 per month, discounted from £11.99 as an introductory offer. You get free SSL, free site migration, email, free CDN, WP installation, and a 30-day money-back guarantee from the first plan. Aside from WordPress hosting, SiteGround offers web hosting, cloud hosting, reseller hosting, and WooCommerce hosting.
- Quick server response time in the UK and globally.
- WordPress-specific features like WP-CLI.
- Easy to use and set up.
- Reliable customer support with phone number.
- Free backups, SSL, CDN, and email.
- Higher renewal prices.
Best for Site Security
Rocket.net is one of the dedicated WordPress hosting UK options for its impressive speed. With a global speed of fewer than four milliseconds, this is the perfect choice if you’re considering the fastest WordPress web hosting service in the UK.
Although Rocket.net is based in the USA, the hosting company has WordPress servers worldwide and edge locations for caching and security. Rocket.net is one of the fastest WordPress hosting UK options. Plus, the managed WordPress hosting option features speed-enhancing features to provide your site with valuable loading and response times.
Rocket.net is easy to use, as the control panel is suitable for beginners and experts. The managed WordPress hosting provider takes security very seriously and maintains a high uptime that keeps your website running consistently. If you want an all-in-one service for hosting UK sites, Rocket.net is not suitable, but it does WordPress hosting best.
- Managed WordPress Hosting Features: Rocket.net comes with a one click WordPress installation and 1-click staging website tools for getting started. You enjoy daily automatic and manual backups, enhanced security, Git integration, SSH access, site visitor analysis, and 24/7 customer support on managed WordPress hosting plans.
- Impressive Security: When hosting websites with Rocket.net, you can rest assured that your site is safe with the built-in website firewall. The WordPress hosting company has malware patching and protection, DDoS attack protection, brute force, and a free SSL certificate on all plans.
- Speed-Enhancing Features: When you start using Rocket.net, you can choose the edge location closest to you, as there is one in London. These small data centres are close to a network's edge, contributing to their impressive speed. Aside from the cloud edge network, the hosting service uses a global CDN and Brotli compression.
Speed and Performance
Rocket.net offers highly-optimised WordPress servers around the world. Over 250 edge hosting locations, including London, provide a global speed of fewer than four milliseconds. The edge locations are in highly-peered Internet Exchange.
In London, Rocket.net has a server response time of 3 milliseconds, making it the fastest web hosting service in the UK. You can offer quality to customers as their CDN and WAF is always on. Rocket.net has over 250 caching and security PoPs, which provide full-page and per-device caching.
Rocket.net offers a Launch Special promotion, allowing you to start hosting your site for $1. You can decide between managed WordPress hosting, agency plans, or enterprise hosting, depending on the size of your business. When you pay annually, you can enjoy two months off. The managed hosting plans for a single WordPress site start at $30 per month.
- Inbuilt CDN and WAF with edge hosting locations for top speed.
- Impressive security features and firewalls.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Reliable customer support.
- Pricing plans are based on your business size.
- More expensive than other web hosts.
Best Scalable Host
Next on our list is Kinsta, a cloud-based host offering impressive WordPress hosting support. Kinsta offers remarkable scaling advantages, as expected from a cloud hosting service. WordPress developers provide customer service, and you can quickly get started with the clean UX.
If you’re looking for the best WordPress hosting providers on the cloud, Kinsta is the ideal choice. Although many other web hosting companies use the cloud for their hosting needs, Kinsta stands out with its Google Cloud platform hosting, high server power, and WordPress optimization. This is the best WordPress hosting provider for scalability.
Kinsta offers a wide range of benefits aside from using Google Cloud’s premium network as a leading WordPress hosting UK option. The managed WordPress hosting service has a seamless and user-friendly interface with excellent customer support. Kinsta can easily handle traffic spikes and is optimised for e-commerce businesses.
- Ecommerce Optimization: If you’re running your e-commerce business on WordPress, you’ll benefit from using Kinsta. The hosting platform provides fast server-level page caching while excluding certain pages like the cart, checkout, and ‘my account.’ The hosting plans are flexible and provide seamless site migration for those hosting UK sites on other platforms.
- Designed for Traffic Spikes: As your business grows, you can depend on the scaling advantages that Kinsta offers to its users. The WordPress web host’s integration with Google Compute Engine allows the container of your website to scale based on how many CPUs you need. So, your WordPress site can keep running without crashing.
- Hands-off WordPress Hosting: Kinsta’s WordPress-managed hosting service is nearly hands-off, making it a good choice for busy website owners. These features include performance reviews and caching, one-click staging, updates management, and multi-user access. You can manage your site with the MyKinsta dashboard and leverage developer-friendly tools like WP-CLI, SSH, and site cloning.
Speed and Performance
Kinsta offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee, which assures you that your site will consistently run throughout the year except for hours of maintenance. The WordPress hosting service has an average global speed of 180 milliseconds, driven by the cloud infrastructure.
In the UK, Kinsta has a server response time of 10 milliseconds. Kinsta has 34 Google Cloud data centre locations worldwide, including one in London. You can choose the data centre you want and move the site to another whenever necessary.
Kinsta’s WordPress hosting plan options are a bit pricier than other web hosts, but you can expect flexible options and good value for your money. It starts at $35 per month, and if the most expensive plan is not enough for you, you can contact the company for a curated plan. Paying annually gives you two months free, and all hosting plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Speed-optimise cloud hosting infrastructure.
- 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- Extensive backup and security options.
- Built for traffic spikes and growing businesses.
- Reliable technical support.
- Hosting plans are pricey.
4. WP Engine
Best Managed Hosting
WP Engine offers top-quality, managed WordPress hosting, and is one of the fastest hosting UK services. Built specifically for WordPress, it provides nearly hands-off management, impressive security and backups, SEO support, and regularly updated PHP.
WP Engine is one of the fastest WordPress hosting services in the UK. The web host has managed hosting features built specifically for WordPress. You cannot purchase shared or virtual private server hosting from this service, as it only focuses on WordPress and WooCommerce.
Although WP Engine does not offer email accounts and a domain name for your online store or business website, it provides excellent managed hosting with reliable uptime. The web host offers managed cloud hosting services that are more scalable and fast.
- Managed WordPress Hosting: The managed hosting environment offered by WP Engine is easy to use. WordPress comes preinstalled, and there is no additional setup required. Most functions, like daily backups and plug-in updates, are automated. The managed WordPress hosting is driven by Evercache technology that increases site speed.
- WordPress-Oriented Security: WP Engine offers a free SSL certificate on its hosting plans, which will keep your end-users information safe. The web host will perform daily malware scans and place a firewall on your website. The firewall will be updated daily. Other security features include real-time threat detection, free hacking remediation, and enterprise-grade security.
- Library of E-Commerce Tools: Running your online store is easy with WP Engine. The fast web hosting service offers a massive CMS plug-in library. You get access to plug-ins from WooCommerce, Shopify, and more. There are email marketing tools, too, like Drip and Mailflow.
Speed and Performance
WP Engine offers an impressive global speed of 158 milliseconds and promises to increase your website’s speed and performance by 40%. In the UK, the average speed is 93 milliseconds, which offers your users excellent loading times.
WP Engine uses its Evercache technology which combines proxy servers with caching to make your site load faster. The plans come with a free CDN and a 99.95% uptime. The data centres are located globally, with one in London for top speed in the UK.
WP Engine offers flexible pricing plans for managed WordPress hosting and e-commerce hosting. The managed hosting starts at £18 for one site, and you can pay extra for services like site monitoring and automated plug-in updates. You can save more when you pay annually and look for coupons to help cut costs.
- London-based data centre and cloud hosting.
- Extensive range of e-commerce and marketing tools.
- Custom plans for enterprises.
- WordPress-focused security features.
- Fully managed hosting with a useful staging area.
- No domain name support.
Nexcess is highly recommended as it is under Liquid Web and specialises in managed WordPress, WooCommerce, and Magento hosting. This fast WordPress hosting UK option has a reliable server infrastructure, making it convenient to run a WordPress business.
Nexcess offers impressive managed WordPress hosting and other popular CMS platforms. The hosting company is a subsidiary of Liquid Web and has become a popular web host among those who need managed WordPress hosting.
This is the best WordPress hosting service offering good value for your money. It is highly affordable and offers discounts and consistent promotions to cut costs. There are also free features that help you save money.
- Reliable Managed Hosting: Nexcess is true to its managed WordPress hosting service, as it takes care of your needs and offers specialised support from a team of WordPress experts. The hosting plans come with reliable plugin performance monitors that measure changes in your site performance.
- Auto-Scaling: This WordPress web hosting service offers automatic scaling if your site experiences traffic spikes. If there is a sudden influx of users, the company will automatically allocate more resources to your site for free, although this will last 24 hours. You will have to upgrade afterward. You can set up multiple user accounts to give people access to your account on the cheap WordPress hosting platform.
- Free Daily Backups: Nexcess offers free daily backups, which are kept for 30 days each. You will never lose any of your data and can restore them anytime you want. The free daily backup will be handy if you constantly update your site.
Speed and Performance
Nexcess offers impressive response and loading times for websites in the UK, with an average global speed of 433 milliseconds. This gives your users instant loading times in London and the United Kingdom. The data centres have built-in CDNs, and the servers run NGINX.
Along with speed, Nexcess offers reliable uptime, with most tests set at 100%. The site promises a 99.99% uptime and a service level agreement that provides compensation. The hosting company has data centres in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. In Europe, there are two data centres in the UK.
The Nexcess managed WordPress hosting plans only start at $13 per month because customers are offered 50% off all plans for the first three months. Usually, it starts at $19 per month. If you pay yearly, you can enjoy two months free. All WordPress hosting plans come with a free staging site, free SSL, automatic daily backups, unlimited email accounts, and premium plugins.
- Impressive speed with two data centres in the UK.
- Free daily backups and other free features.
- Minimal learning curve and easy use.
- Offers stencil site management and StoreBuilder.
- Will offer free site migration and one-click staging.
- Limited storage space.
6. WPX Hosting
Best for Multiple Sites
Another top WordPress hosting option in the UK is WPX Hosting, a leading web hosting company optimised for WordPress. The best WordPress hosting service is excellent for affordable managed UK hosting and still provides quick loading times and fantastic performance.
The entry-level plan for WPX Hosting allows you to host up to five websites, which you can’t get with most managed WordPress hosting services. If you’re hosting more than one website, you can enjoy superior web loading speeds and round-the-clock customer support.
- Free and Unlimited Features: WPX Hosting features a free CDN on all its servers. Other features include a free SSL certificate, free site migration, and free daily backups. There are also manual backups and 28-day automatic backups.
- WPX Cloud: The WordPress web hosting service features the WPX Cloud, a custom-built CD for the host. The cloud is constantly tested to provide the best performance on your WordPress site. The WPX Cloud can handle high traffic, improve site security, and has servers in over 20 locations for speed.
- All-Round Security: WPX Hosting comes with free malware scanning and hacks clean-ups. The service will clean its servers for free and provide daily system-wide malware scans, malicious file removal, and updates to server security rules. There is also enterprise-level DDoS protection.
Speed and Performance
WPX Hosting has an impressive average load time of 371 milliseconds, offering your site fantastic performance. With these lightning-fast load times, it is ideal for businesses running more than five sites in the UK. The servers come with a high-speed custom CDN for better speed.
The WordPress hosting service offers three data centre locations: Chicago, Sydney, and London. The London host offers fast managed WordPress hosting in the UK. WPX Hosting has 99.95% uptime, which keeps your site running seamlessly.
WPX Hosting has managed WordPress plans starting at $24.99 per month, but you get two months free if you pay yearly. The entry-level plan offers five websites, free malware removal and site fixes, and a 30-day money-back guarantee. WPX Hosting will migrate your website from whichever host you use within 24 hours.
- A fast web host with site speed optimization.
- Provides unlimited site migrations.
- Easy to use control panel.
- Daily updates and full security.
- WPX Cloud optimization for top site performance.
- No phone support.
7. A2 Hosting
Best for E-Commerce
A2 Hosting is one of the fastest WordPress hosting providers in the UK, with a wide range of top features, including optimization. WordPress hosting plans have perks to keep customers satisfied and help save money. Its wide range of tools makes it the best WordPress hosting provider for running an online store.
The managed WordPress hosting provider is known for its 24/7 customer service provided by the branded Guru team. A2 Hosting is known for its fast Turbo servers and SSD storage, making it much faster than the other choices on our list. If you’re hosting UK sites on A2, consider the Turbo servers.
- E-Commerce Tools: A2 Hosting offers numerous e-commerce tools for those planning to sell products online. The web hosting company features PrestaShop, WooCommerce, OpenCart, Magento, and other tools for constructing your online store. You can set up your online store and start with one click.
- A2 Optimised Software: One of the features that cause A2 Hosting to provide top speed in the UK is its software optimization. The software settings are pre-tuned for high performance and security, and this can be applied to software like WordPress. There are multiple caching tools, and they will load quickly, even with large media files.
- Free and Unlimited Features: A2 Hosting offers free SSD, free site migration, free Railgun optimizer, free DNS management, and a Patchman Enhanced Security Tool. There are unlimited features on the Swift and Turbo hosting plans, including unlimited websites, emails, transfers, domains, and databases.
Speed and Performance
A2 Hosting offers an average speed of 150 milliseconds, which offers quick loading and response times. In London, the speed is set at 129 milliseconds, offering users in the UK top speed. Combine this with the Turbo servers, which load 20 times faster than regular servers, and you can enjoy more benefits.
A2 Hosting has an uptime guarantee of 99.9%, which keeps your site running consistently without downtime. The high-end data centre locations are in the USA, Amsterdam, and Singapore. The Amsterdam data centre is the closest to the UK.
The managed WordPress plans start at $11.99 per month, and all the hosting plans are on the Turbo server. This is when you pay on the 36-month plan. Aside from this, you can pay monthly or on the 12-month plan. From the first plan, you can enjoy a free SSL certificate and free site migration.
- Super-fast hosting with Turbo servers and SSD storage.
- Unlimited resources with freebies.
- Intuitive client login user interface for easy use.
- Award-winning customer support.
- Provides e-commerce support and security.
- No free domain.
Best for Starter Websites
Rounding up our list of fast managed WordPress hosting companies in the UK is Bluehost, another company recommended by WordPress for its specialised hosting plans. The service provides WordPress website building and hosting, WP Pro, and WooCommerce, and it is easy to use.
Due to the beginner-friendly design, Bluehost is the best WordPress hosting provider for non-technical users and beginners looking for speed in the UK. The cheap WordPress hosting service offers a seamless onboarding process and automatic WordPress installation.
- Very Easy to Use: When building and hosting UK sites on WordPress, Bluehost is the ideal choice. The onboarding process is seamless; you can complete the registration process in a few steps, and WordPress will be automatically installed. You have access to all the WordPress themes and tools, and their custom cPanel interface is easy to navigate.
- Reliable Security Features: Safety is essential to WordPress, and it’s not surprising that Bluehost offers complete security. These include a basic firewall for protection against external threats and SiteLock for extra services like automatic malware removal, image optimization, and DDoS protection.
- A Plethora of Freebies and Benefits: With Bluehost, you can enjoy unlimited websites, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited SSD storage, unlimited subdomains, and unlimited parked domains. There is also a free domain name for the first year and a free SSL certificate.
Speed and Performance
As Bluehost is one of the fastest WordPress hosting companies in the UK, the service offers an average global speed of 153 milliseconds. This lets you provide impressive loading and response times to WordPress users worldwide. In London, the average speed is 183 milliseconds, which will load sites instantly.
There are data centres in India, the USA, China, and the UK. The London data centre will increase your site’s speed and performance. One of the highlights of Bluehost is the high-performance servers, which will allocate fewer users per server. This leads to consistent site load speeds and less downtime.
The WordPress hosting plans at Bluehost start from $2.75 per month on the 12-month plan. You can decide to pay on the 36-month plan too. There are discounts that you can enjoy, up to 72%. The web host will auto-renew your plans regularly, and you can host unlimited websites from the Plus plan.
- Fast loading times in the UK and globally.
- Very easy to use the hosting interface.
- Wide range of unlimited features.
- High-performance servers for better speed.
- Reliable security features, spam control, and more.
- Constant upsells.
Why is Speed Important for UK Websites?
Before choosing from the best WordPress hosting options, you should consider why you need to focus on speed. The main reason why speed is essential for UK websites is the value it provides to visitors. Visitors will feel comfortable and at ease while accessing and interacting with your website since all the pages will load fast. But, if the website refuses to load fast, your visitors will go to your competitors instead, increasing your bounce rate.
Another benefit of the best WordPress hosting UK service is to the admin and user. A slow host will make the page load slow for the visitors and the admin panel slow. This will make your site management process time-consuming and more complex.
With the best WordPress hosting UK option, you can easily handle traffic spikes. Although traffic does not seem important when choosing a host, not all hosting plans can take a sudden increase. If visitors are suddenly rushing your site and it’s loading slowly, you can lose leads and income. Many won’t return to your site because of the wrong first impression.
If you want your website to rank higher on search engines, you need to consider the speed of the best WordPress hosting provider. Google finds speed essential in determining the sites that take a higher position on the web page. Google recommends a page load time of below two seconds, and you should focus mainly on web hosts that load in half a second.
Our review covers the fastest WordPress hosting companies, with loading times below half a second in the UK.
Key Features of the Fastest UK WordPress Web Hosts
When choosing the best WordPress hosting provider in the UK, there are certain features that you should look out for.
Data Centre Location
The data centre or server location is the first feature you should consider when choosing the fastest WordPress hosting services. It’s a good idea to select a data centre in the UK, and most web hosting companies will place theirs in London. You can consider those with data centres in Europe, like Amsterdam. Proximity to a data centre when hosting UK sites will help deliver fast loading times.
Undoubtedly, the fastest WordPress web hosting providers must provide top speed. The speed of your WordPress site depends on the quality of your web hosting, the number of files on your site and their size, and the coding. Consider a provider that offers fast loading times. Selecting the best WordPress hosting provider with speed-enhancing features like Cloudflare and other CDNs, SSD storage, Google Cloud platform hosting, and various optimization is essential.
The best WordPress hosting companies in the UK will provide a high uptime, and you should aim for providers with a 99.9% uptime. You can even get uptime as high as 99.99%. Potential clients won’t access your services or products if your site goes down. You should consider hosting providers with a service-level agreement to compensate for the downtime.
Even with the best WordPress hosting UK option, you might need customer support at one time. This is especially if your site goes through downtime or goes down. Choose a provider with 24/7 customer support, primarily through live chat and phone support, since these are easy to access.
You need to ensure that your WordPress website is safe and secure, primarily if you deal with customer data. Getting web hosts to protect your site from hackers and online threats is a good idea. A free SSL certificate is always a good choice in the best WordPress hosting services since it will help you save money while providing value. Some security features to look out for include malware scanning and removal, DDoS protection, and firewalls.
You don’t need to empty your pocket when choosing the best WordPress hosting provider, so you need to consider pricing as one of the best features. The best WordPress hosting services offer good value for your money, but you should compare the prices and get one that fits your business needs.
Choose the Fastest WordPress Host in the UK
When choosing the best web hosting company in the UK for your WordPress needs, you need to consider performance they offer. Top WordPress hosts will offer fast speed to your customers in the UK.
It’s a good idea to go for web hosting services with features that add value to your business, like its security benefits, freebies, unlimited resources, and data centres close to the UK. We’ve compiled a review of the fastest WordPress hosting UK options.
Have not we missed something?
Yes, one of the best cheap web hosting providers, Hostinger, did not get on the list. We plan to include it soon because its servers are powered by LiteSpeed and use an effective cache to speed up WordPress sites. Plus, its hosting setup is very WordPress-friendly. Hostinger offers one-click installs, a WordPress staging tool, auto backups, and updates.
Here are our top five options for the Fastest WordPress hosting:
Before choosing the best WordPress host in the UK, you should carry out some research. Here are some helpful resources:
- Bluehost vs. SiteGround: Which is Better Value for Your Money?
- 10 Best Web Hosting UK Services in 2022
- Best WordPress Hosting (2022): Convesio Review
- The Absolute Best Website & Domain Hosting Services in 2022