7 Best Cheap UK Web Hosting Providers in 2023
If you have a business or personal website based in the UK, you need the best cheap web hosting providers to keep it running. We’ve compiled the best choices, starting with the top five:
Every business on a budget in the UK needs the best cheap web hosting providers of 2023. But when choosing affordable hosting services, it’s essential to avoid sacrificing quality for the price. The best web host will offer you speed with UK servers so your visitors can load your pages faster and boost their experience.
Aside from speed and affordability, you also need UK-based customer service, which most of these web hosts can offer. Finding the best cheap UK web hosting providers will take in-depth research, but we’ve saved you time by compiling the top seven choices.
Let’s take a closer look at our review.
Top Cheap UK Web Hosting Services
Here are the best cheap web hosting providers in the UK.
1. Hostinger UK
Hostinger is one of the best cheap web hosting services in the UK, known for its impressive performance and uptime, especially for small to mid-sized businesses. The pricing plans are so low that they will surprise you, but it’s more of a bargain that offers you more value.Try Hostinger UK
Hostinger UK is the best cheap UK web hosting provider that you can go for, offering well-balanced web hosting services with lightning-fast speeds, UK customer support, and advanced features. Despite the quality of hosting services, Hostinger has some of the lowest prices in the UK.
The web hosting service has data centers worldwide, including in the United Kingdom and Europe. Even with the low price, it has impressive speed, up to 9 ms, in London when you use the European data center.
- Speed-Increasing Features: Some features include WordPress optimization, NGINX caching, HTTP/2, LiteSpeed Cache, and HTTP/2. There is also a cache manager that you can enable to improve loading speeds.
- Free and Unlimited Features: All cheap web hosting plans provided by Hostinger offer free domain registration, which saves you money. You can enjoy more value for your money with unlimited websites, unlimited email, unlimited bandwidth, CronJobs, and free SSL.
- Custom Dashboard: Hostinger does not use the cPanel like many other UK web hostings. Instead, it is designed with a cPanel, which offers an intuitive and clean dashboard. All the features are well-sorted, so it is easy to navigate by beginners.
- Great Introductory Price: Hostinger has fantastic introductory prices that set it apart from the other options on our list, as it offers the best value for your pounds. The plans start at £1.49 for your first time, and even when renewing, you get an affordable £2.99 per month.
- Cache manager and other benefits to increase speed.
- 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- Excellent hPanel for easy navigation.
- Free .co.uk and org.uk domain name for a year.
- Responsive customer support.
- No daily backup is available.
Hostinger’s shared web hosting plans are its most popular, starting at £1.49 per month. The highest plan has an introductory price of £3.99, while the renewal price is £8.99. The introductory prices come with discounts as high as 80%. All plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Best for Beginners
Bluehost is one of the most reliable companies that offer cheap web hosting, and it comes with some of the most affordable plans you can get in the UK. The web host is a fantastic choice for beginners hosting their first business website or blog. Bluehost is easy to use through its onboarding process and automatic WordPress installation.Try Bluehost
Bluehost is one of the oldest hosting providers in the industry, dating back to 2003, and it still provides overall reliability. The web host is one of the three that are recommended by WordPress, which means you can provide quality to your end users.
Bluehost has six data centers located worldwide, including one in London, UK. That is the Europe data center that offers impressive speeds for your business. Bluehost is intuitive, easy to navigate, and works well for web developers and beginners. The cheap web hosting service will give you good value for your money.
- Easy to Use: Bluehost is known for being very easy to use, with automatic WordPress installation and a WP site builder. The onboarding process is seamless, and once you complete the registration, WordPress will be installed, and you can start.
- Affordable High-Performance Servers: If you’re looking for top performance, Bluehost is known for its special servers available on the Pro plan, starting at $13.95 per month. These are allocated as few users per server, meaning more computing resources per user, less downtime, and consistent site load speeds.
- Top Security Features: There is a wide range of security features available on Bluehost plans, starting with the basic firewall that provides minimal protection against threats. Whereas, SiteLock provides enhanced protection if the firewall is not enough in three tiers: Essential, Prevent and Prevent Plus. Other features include CodeGuard Basic and SpamExpert.
- Free Features: There is a wide range of benefits and freebies that you can enjoy when using the Bluehost plans. Some plans even include unlimited features, such as domains, sites, storage, and bandwidth. You can enjoy a free domain and SSL as well.
- Easy to use with simple onboarding.
- Impressive speed with London-based server.
- Quality security features and SSL.
- Wide range of unlimited resources on all plans.
- High-performance servers that provide quality hosting.
- No uptime guarantee.
Bluehost offers affordable hosting pricing plans, starting at $2.75 per month, with the 12-year plan. It will auto-renew at the regular monthly rate, which is $9.99. All plans come with discounts as high as 73%, and you get unlimited resources from the Plus plan.
Best for WordPress
SiteGround is one of the cheapest web hosts in the UK, with solid and impressive features. This provider has consistently fast speeds for websites in the UK, with excellent performance and high introductory price discounts. Businesses can enjoy quality customer service and proprietary features.Try SiteGround
SiteGround UK is one of the best web hosting providers in the UK, offering affordable pricing on all plans. This provider is known for its incredible speed, which can load your website four times faster than a regular provider. SiteGround provides shared, cloud, reseller, WordPress, and WooCommerce hosting.
SiteGround has eco-friendly data centers on four continents, and the CDN network extends to London, England. The Google Cloud data centers are protected with different layers of security, and all the data centers are green-friendly. They are designed to provide high availability and low latency. Plus, SiteGround is recommended by WordPress and is one of the best UK hosts for WordPress websites.
- Impressive Speed and Server Response: SiteGround has different features that increase speed and performance. For one, all the servers have SSDs which are 30% faster than standard HDDs. Your website will also be hosted on the Google Cloud Platform, with other features like Cloudflare, SuperCacher, and custom PHP implementation.
- Managed WordPress Hosting: You can manage your website using SiteGround hosting services and free WordPress building tools. The managed WordPress plans come with exclusive support, WP-CLI and Git enablement, 1-click staging, and automatic updates. SiteGround is one of the best WordPress hosting providers in the UK, with a fantastic price.
- Free Daily Backup: The shared and cloud hosting plans offered by SiteGround provide you 30 days and 7 days of daily backup, respectively. All the backups are done automatically, so you can carry on without backing up the data.
- User-Friendly Dashboard: SiteGround is designed with a custom dashboard rather than the cPanel, called Site Tools. Site Tools is designed with a clean interface that you can easily navigate. The interface has a side panel that helps you access and navigate all the features.
- Impressive server response times in the UK.
- Free daily backup on shared and cloud plans.
- Managed WordPress hosting services.
- Reliable customer service with 24/7 phone support.
- 73% discount on the introductory price.
- Higher renewal prices.
SiteGround offers pricing plans from £2.99 to £7.49 per month, which are the introductory plans. When it renews, the prices are from £11.99 to £29.99 per month. SiteGround has a 73% discount, and from the Grow Big plan, you get unlimited websites.
4. HostPapa UK
Best for UK Small Businesses
HostPapa is a fantastic choice for small businesses looking for a cheap web host with unlimited features. One of the best web hosting providers in the UK, HostPapa comes with high-speed servers, excellent support, and a user-friendly interface.Try HostPapa UK
HostPapa UK is one of the fastest-growing web hosting companies, providing cheap hosting for businesses in the UK. The cheap web hosting company provides fast speeds and high uptime percentages. There is a wide range of features, including marketing tools and freebies.
HostPapa has different servers in Europe, and the Manchester and London data centers provide impressive loading and response times for websites in the UK. The loading time for London is 8 milliseconds. HostPapa is well-known for its award-winning customer support, which is provided 24/7 through phone, chat, and email.
- Fast Features: HostPapa provides websites in the UK with impressive speed, and it becomes even better with the integrated Cloudflare CDN. The CDN cuts down the loading speed to give you impressive performance.
- 99.9% Uptime Guarantee: One of the highlights of HostPapa is its 99.9% uptime guarantee, which keeps your website running consistently. The uptime has never dropped below this level in the UK and other countries.
- Excellent Customer Support: The customer service team provided by HostPapa is called PapaSquad, and has won multiple awards for quality support. The PapaSquad can reply to tickets in under 10 minutes, and the live chat agents are consistently good.
- User-Friendly Design: HostPapa comes with a user-friendly interface that resembles the cPanel. The UI is accessible to newcomers, with links for billing, support, domains, and addons in a new interface. The simple dashboard is intuitive and effective.
- Speedy servers in the UK for impressive response times.
- Free UK domain name on a one-year hosting plan.
- Award-winning customer support by the PapaSquad.
- Intuitive and user-friendly interface.
- 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- No caching technology to increase speed.
HostPapa offers pricing plans from £0.95 to £8.95 per month, billed yearly. There are discounts as high as 67%, but it renews at a renewal rate. You can enjoy the plans with a 30-day money-back guarantee. All plans come with a free transfer, SSL certificate, transfer, and website builder.
Best for UK eCommerce stores
HostGator is the ideal no-frills web hosting service for eCommerce businesses in the UK. Although it lacks advanced features, it offers highly affordable plans with easy-to-use web hosting services. HostGator is also known for its blazing-fast response times and guaranteed uptime.Try HostGator
HostGator is a cheap web hosting service provider in the UK known for its impressive site builder that allows new businesses and eCommerce sites to get started. The site builder allows you to use professional themes to design your website, with widgets, search bars, and different features.
You can activate Cloudflare to get servers in North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. There are 23 data centers worldwide offering a global speed of 190 milliseconds. The loading and response times in the UK are even better with speed-enhancing features like PHP8 and a built-in Apache-based content compression system.
- 1-Click Installs and Site Builder: HostGator has a built-in site builder that provides speed and convenience, ideal for those who want to get started with their eCommerce site. There are professional-looking themes and extensive customization. HostGator comes with one-click installations for your website.
- Unlimited Resources: One of the features of cheap UK web hosts is the unlimited and unmetered resources. You can host as many domains and email addresses as you want on HostGator, unmetered disk space and unlimited bandwidth, and more. But, when you exceed usage, you get an email.
- User-Friendly UI: Aside from the easy user interface for the website builder, HostGator comes with a control panel that you can easily use. The UI offers smooth navigation through the client login page, with every tool and feature intuitively placed.
- Responsive Customer Service: HostGator comes with responsive customer service for businesses in the UK. There is a massive knowledge base, so you can solve most problems yourself, and the live chat takes about three minutes to get a response.
- Fast server response time and load speed in the UK.
- User-friendly interface on website builder and control panel.
- Free dedicated IP on the business hosting plan.
- Unmetered and unlimited resources.
- 99.9% guaranteed uptime.
- No dedicated speed features.
HostGator is known for its highly affordable hosting plans, with the introductory offer going as low as $2.75 per month on the entry-level plan. There are 60% and 65% discounts on all plans, and the second and third plans allow unlimited websites. HostGator offers free SSL certificates and a free domain.
6. A2 Hosting
Best for Uptime
A2 Hosting is one of the fastest web hosting services in the UK, offering affordable pricing plans. The web hosting company is known for the A2 Optimization feature that tweaks your software to provide you with better security, performance, and speed.
Pay as low as $1.99 monthly to enjoy quality web hosting services in the shared hosting plan. If you can, pay a bit more for Turbo servers because they are worth it.
- Turbo Servers and SSD Storage: A2 Hosting provides Turbo plans. These servers can load 20 times faster than regular sites.
- Unlimited and Free Features: You can save even more money on your hosting plans with A2 Hosting. The web host provides unlimited websites, transfers, email addresses, total databases, Raid 10 storage, subdomains, and more. The feature list continues with free website migration, SSD speed boost, DNS management, and Railgun optimizer.
- Intuitive Client Login: Getting started with A2 Hosting through the login UI is very easy. The company paid attention to the user experience, making it convenient and intuitive.
- 99.9% Uptime Guarantee: A2 Hosting not only has a 99.9% uptime but will reimburse you when the unscheduled downtime occurs more than 0.1% of the time per month. They will give you a service credit of 5% for every hour of downtime.
- Turbo servers for fantastic loading times.
- 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- Easy to navigate client login.
- 24/7/365 customer service provided.
- Free and unlimited features.
- Customer support can be a bit slow.
You can get started with A2 Hosting with a pricing plan as low as $1.99 per month when you use the entry-level plan on a 36-month billing plan. When you pay monthly, this plan is $9.99 per month.
Best with AI Website Builder for Non-Coders
Rounding up our list of the best cheap web hosting companies in the UK is iPage, which was founded in 1998. The web host has some of the cheapest pricing plans that you can get, at $1.99 per month for three years. All hosting packages come with free and unlimited features.
You can enjoy good value for your money as iPage offers integrations and third-party apps. The company provides a website builder, strong uptime, reliable customer service, and low-cost plans. Plus, you can benefit from third-party applications.
- Website Builder: iPage comes with an in-built website builder powered by artificial intelligence. The builder selects initial images and templates for your site and helps you create responsive sites that work well on mobile or desktop.
- Topnotch Security: You can keep your data safe with iPage, as it offers top-notch security features. There is malware monitoring for your email, and it supports Sender Policy Framework and DomainKeys Identified Mail. You can also pay for add-ons like SiteLock and SSL certificates.
- Reliable Customer Service: Businesses in the UK can enjoy 24/7 phone and chat support when using iPage. The customer service responds quickly. There is a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Third-Party Applications: iPage has open-source apps ready to install, including content management systems and blogging software. You can integrate your online store and payment processing tools.
- Dependable uptime for the UK website.
- Easy-to-use website builder software.
- Generous terms on the money-back guarantee.
- Excellent customer service.
- Different third-party apps, including open-source.
- No monthly billing.
iPage comes with one shared hosting plan, billed yearly, every two years, and every three years. This makes it suitable for small businesses, personal websites, and blogs.
Why Should I Avoid Super-Cheap or ‘Free’ Hosting?
If you search the internet for cheap or free web hosting services, you will find many options, some of which are popular brands. But at the same time, there are new companies and unknown names that you should avoid. Free or very cheap hosting services are suspicious because running them requires infrastructure, security, and upgrades.
No business will willingly provide all these hosting resources without gain. If you are not being charged for the services, then you can suspect that they will make money behind your back. Most web hosts offering free or very cheap hosting services will collect your information and sell it to third parties.
This will make you subject to targeted marketing, but this isn’t the only problem. You might also have to share a single server with hundreds or thousands of customers, where they share access to limited resources and similar IP addresses. This is why we compiled a list of affordable hosting services that offer good value for your money.
Here are some disadvantages that come with using free or super-cheap hosting services:
- You might be sharing resources with scammers and spammers who cannot or do not want to invest in reliable web hosts.
- Since they consume a lot of resources, this causes a lot of downtime for your site.
- You will suffer poor customer service from the hosting service. There will be no educational materials like a knowledge base.
- You can get hacked when you share an IP address with illegal websites and cyber criminals.
- With poor downtime and security, Google will not consider your site trustworthy, which can decrease your rankings.
These hosting services usually appear good at first glance, but you will only find out what you’ve signed up for once the refund period is over. You will have to sign a long-term contract to get the low prices, making it hard to leave and use another option.
This is why it is essential to read the terms and conditions and service level agreements before signing up for a UK hosting service. Also, you can use free trials to find out if the company is legitimate or use one of our recommended options.
How to Choose the Best Web Host in the UK?
There are different factors to keep in mind when choosing the best web host in the UK, starting with affordability. It’s a good idea to set a budget for your hosting needs so that you don’t surpass it but ensure it is reasonable to have good value for your money. Here are some factors you should keep in mind:
Firstly, consider a web hosting service that offers fantastic loading and response times in the United Kingdom. This is more possible when the web host has UK-based servers and data centers in neighboring cities in Europe. Check for hosting services with low latency and top speed regardless of where you are in the UK.
Uptime measures how long your server is up and running and is recorded as a percentage out of 100. It’s essential to look for hosting services with uptime higher than 99%, as this ensures that the downtime for your website is about a week or less per year. There’s no point in getting a cheap UK web host that always goes down.
Since web hosting services are provided online, looking out for those with reliable customer service is essential. It would be best to consider those with top-notch customer service through phone and/or live chat. Also, it should be available round-the-clock. Aside from contact methods, it helps to have a knowledge base where you can turn to quick fixes.
Free and Unlimited Resources
You need some free or unlimited hosting resources to save money on the services. These include a free SSL certificate, free domain registration, unmetered bandwidth, unlimited storage, unlimited websites, unlimited email accounts, and more.
Some web hosting services come with extra perks that you will love to have. These help you get the most out of the hosting solution. These features include speed-enhancing tools like Cloudflare CDN, caching, optimization plugins, a customized control panel, and more.
Also, always try to choose specialized hosting providers to have the best experience. It is a great bonus if the company is known for providing the fastest WordPress hosting in the UK. Alternatively, the company can get outstanding reviews for its Python hosting services but can be not the best solution for WordPress. You can always do some research on our site.
From our review, the best cheap UK web hosting plan is provided by Hostinger, starting at $1.99 per month. This is one of the most affordable plans, promising good value for your money with speed-increasing, and unlimited features.
The cheapest way to get web hosting is by using one of the cheapest web hosts on our list. Remember that shared hosting is typically the cheapest option. Again, we don’t recommend using free hosting.
This depends on the hosting service. For example, if we look at Hostinger pricing, their cheapest plan costs as low as $1.99. Remember that you might have to spend more on the renewal price.
What Cheap Web Hosting Service is Best?
Our list of the best UK web hosting services for businesses was compiled while considering the uptime, speed, customer service, security, and available resources. Here are our top five: