Wix Pricing Guide – Which Plan is Right For You in 2022?
If you want to quickly build a professional website for your business, even if you don’t have any technical skills, your best option is to use a website builder. One of the best website builders you can use to build your site is Wix.
What we love about Wix is how user-friendly and customizable it is. Wix comes with a drag and drop environment that allows anyone to build their website without having to write a line of code.
In this article, we are going to do a Wix review and take a look at Wix pricing and plans to help you choose the best plan for your needs. Let’s dive in…
Wix Pricing Comparison: Which Plan Is Right?
For most people who’re considering Wix, the biggest question on their minds is usually “how much does Wix cost?”
One of the best things about Wix is that their plans and prices are very scalable. Whether you just want to build a small business to showcase your services, or build an online store selling hundreds of products, Wix has the right plan for you.
Wix offers its customers the option to choose from one of 8 available plans. Below is an overview of each of these plans:
Wix Website Plans
Wix Free Plan (Price: $0)
The Wix free plan costs absolutely nothing. It’s free for life. With this plan, however, you don’t have the option of using a custom domain.
You’ll also have ads on your site. This makes the free plan good for those who want to try out Wix before upgrading to a paid plan.
Connect Domain Plan (Price: $4.50/month)
The Connect Domain plan is Wix’s most basic premium plan. It is a slight upgrade to the free plan. It allows you to connect a custom domain to your site, while maintaining the other features of the free plan.
This means that you’ll Wix will still show ads on your site.
Combo Plan (Price: $8.50/month)
The Combo plan is great for personal use, such as setting up a personal website or blog. With this plan, you get to use a custom domain and remove Wix ads from your site.
You also get a free SSL certificate, 2GB of bandwidth and 3GB of storage space. You can also upload 30 minutes of video (cumulative), and you get round-the-clock support.
Unlimited Plan (Price: $12.50/month)
This is Wix’s most popular plan. This plan is perfectly suited for freelancers, entrepreneurs, and small businesses.
With this plan, you get a custom domain, free SSL certificate, 10 GB of storage space, unmetered bandwidth, 1 hour of video, and access to premium apps like SiteBooster and Visitor Analytics.
VIP Plan (Price: $24.50/month)
This plan is great for those building a fairly big website and want a high level of support.
With the VIP plan, on top of all the features contained in the Unlimited plan, you also get unmetered bandwidth, 35 GB of hard disk space, 5 hours of video, a professional logo and social media logos, and high priority customer support.
Wix Business And Ecommerce Plans
Business Basic Plan (Price: $17/month)
Business plans are designed for those who want to sell and accept payments through their website.
The Business Basic plan is great for those who want to build a small online store or a small business website that accepts payments.
Business Unlimited Plan (Price: $25/month)
This plan is great for those who want to set up a fairly large online shop. This plan gives you access to features like dropshipping, subscriptions, and automated sales tax calculation.
This plan allows you to dropship up to 250 products, automated sales tax for up to 100 monthly transactions, and up to 1,000 customer reviews.
Business VIP Plan (Price: $35/month)
This plan is suited for those who want the complete business suite package and priority Wix customer service.
With this plan, you get unlimited video hours, automated sales tax for up to 500 products, up to 3,000 customer reviews, and unlimited dropshipping products. This plan also allows you to set up a loyalty program for your business.
Click here to get started with Wix and pick a plan that works for you.
What Features Does Each Plan Wix Plan Include?
One of the things that makes Wix such a great web builder is the awesome set of features that come with most of its plans.
Below, let’s check out Wix features, both for regular websites and for ecommerce websites.
Using Wix to build a regular website will give you access to the following features:
- Wix Editor: With Wix, you get access to their highly innovative drag and drop editor that makes building websites a breeze. In addition, you get over 500 professionally designed Wix website templates, a mobile-optimized site, animations and effects, and access to the Wix App Market, which contains a collection of powerful web apps that you can use to extend the functionality of your site.
- Industry-leading SEO: Wix helps you come up with a personalized SEO plan that ensures that your site will rank well on Google and other search engines.
- Wix ADI: With Wix Artificial Design Intelligence (ADI), you can automate the process of building your website. Simply answer a few questions about the kind of site you want and Wix will automatically create such a site for you, complete with an original design, tailor-made content, and tips on how to get the most out of your site.
- Corvid by Wix: Using Wix to build your website also gives you access to Corvid by Wix, an innovative development platform that allows you to build and deploy web apps to give your website greater functionality.
- Other professional features: Using Wix to build your website also gives you access to a ton of other professional features like web analytics, Wix chat, a professional email, contact management tools, social management tools, member-only areas, visitor analytics, SEO analytics tools, email marketing tools, list building tools, and so on.
Some of the features you get with Wix ecommerce plans include:
- Full customization: With Wix, you get access to over 500 Wix templates that you can use as the basis for your online store. These Wix themes are fully customizable, meaning you can change them to ensure they suit your brand completely. If you want a totally unique store, you also have the option of building your store from scratch.
- Omnichannel sales: Ecommerce sites built using Wix are compatible with multiple sales channels. This means that, from the Wix dashboard, you can sell your products on eBay, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Google Shopping, and so on.
- Global ecommerce business: With Wix Multilingual, you can translate your website into 90+ languages, create local subdomains for your site and ensure they’re all optimized for local SEO. This means you can sell your products all over the world.
- Strong blogging platform: Every seasoned ecommerce entrepreneur knows that blogging is a great way of driving traffic to your ecommerce site. Wix allows you to add a blog to your ecommerce site and use it to attract potential customers and push them into your sales funnel.
- Robust and secure cart and checkout: Wix also offers a robust cart that provides a smooth, secure checkout process to your customers. With Wix’s robust cart, you get 40+ secure payment gateways, a free SSL certificate, automated sales tax calculation, express checkout, abandoned cart recovery, an integrated members’ area, a free shipping option, and the ability to offer custom shipping rates.
- Robust store management: Wix also provides its users with strong store management tools and features, including smooth catalog and inventory management, hassle-free fulfilment, smart business automations, a smooth refund process, streamlined shipping, a dropshipping option, and so on.
- Highly detailed analytics: Wix also provides you with highly detailed reports, insights and analytics about your online store. You will get access to business insights, traffic reports, top products, Google analytics, mobile analytics, and so on. You also have the option of creating your own custom reports that show you the exact data you want.
Wix Pricing Compared To Its Competitors
At this point, you might probably be asking yourself how Wix compares to its competitors when it comes to price.
After all, price has a major influence on your website builder of choice.
Below, let’s see how Wix compares against its top competitors:
|Cheapest Plan||Priciest Plan|
|Woocommerce + Bluehost||$19.95||$32.95|
You can see that Wix has quite a great pricing structure, and is actually a lot more affordable compared to some of its top competitors.
What Are The Most Recommended Wix Plans?
The best plan for you will ultimately depend on your needs. If your aim is to build a website that you’re going to use to showcase your business and its products and services or show your portfolio, we recommend going for the Unlimited Plan.
The Unlimited Plan is fairly affordable at $12.50 per month, it has all the features you’ll need on your site, and will allow your site to scale without the need to upgrade to another plan.
If your aim is to build a profitable online store or another kind of business that will accept payments from customers, we recommend going with the Business Unlimited Plan.
This plan has all the bells and whistles you need to run a profitable business and is fairly priced for a business website that brings in revenue.
In addition, it will support a high number of products, customers, and transactions, without the need to upgrade to another plan.
What Is Wix Ascend And How Much Does It Cost?
Wix Ascend is an all-in-one business solution that makes it easier to run your website and business by giving you access to tools that are not available with standard Wix subscriptions. Some of the features you get with Wix Ascend include:
- Contact management: Ascend by Wix makes it easy for you to manage your contacts. Anyone who performs an action like making a purchase, subscribing to your newsletter, submitting a contact form, and so on is automatically added to your contact list. From the contact list, you can view all your contacts and all their available details.
- Member management: If your site has a members area, Wix Ascend makes it easy to manage your site members and assign them roles and permissions.
- Wix Inbox: This feature makes it easy for you to manage all interactions with site visitors from one place.
Wix Ascend also includes several other features such as live chat, conversion optimized forms, site automation, automatic invoicing, price quotes, task management, email marketing and other marketing integrations, social posting, coupons, and so on.
So, how much does Wix Ascend cost? Here are the four available Wix Ascend plans:
A Summary Of The Hidden Costs
It’s good to note that Wix are not very transparent with their costs.
This means that if you’re not careful, you might find yourself paying more than you expected as a result of Wix’s hidden costs.
Here are the major hidden costs you should be aware of before purchasing a Wix plan.
1. Advertised Prices Only Apply If You Pay Annually
On the face of it, most Wix plans appear to be fairly cheap. For instance, paying just $12.50 for the Unlimited plan is affordable for most people.
What Wix doesn’t tell you, however, is that these prices only apply if you’re paying for an annual subscription. This means that, for the Unlimited plan, you’d need to pay $150 upfront. This is something you might not have anticipated.
If you opt to pay on a month by month basis, you’ll have to pay higher prices than what is advertised. In addition, when you pay on a month by month basis, you’ll also lose access to benefits such as the free domain and premium apps.
2. Wix Domain Renewal Costs
Wix promises a free domain with all its premium plans. However, you should be aware that the free domain only applies for the first year.
Once it’s time to renew your subscription from the second year onwards, you will need to pay for domain renewal in addition to your plan renewal costs. Wix domain costs range between $12 – $16 annually.
It’s also good to note that the free domain offered by Wix does not come with Privacy Protection. If you want to keep your registration information private, you’ll have to pay an extra $9.90.
3. Email Costs
With Wix, however, a personalized email is not included in any of the plans, even if you have your own custom domain.
If you want a personalized email address, you’ll have to set up one using G Suite at a price of $6 every month.
4. Wix Apps
If you want to extend the functionality of your website with apps from the Wix App Market, you should be prepared to spend even more money. Wix charges extra for many of these useful apps.
Why You Should Avoid The Free Plan
I mentioned earlier that Wix offers a free plan that allows you to set up a Wix website without having to pay a cent. Despite the allure of setting up a website for free, I do not recommend using the free plan for several reasons.
First, with the free plan, you cannot use your own custom domain on your site. For instance, instead of www.mysite.com, you can only have a Wix subdomain like www.mysite.wix.com.
Using a subdomain makes your site look unprofessional, which is something you don’t want when you’re building a website for your business, since it limits your website’s earning potential.
Second, the free plan will have your website plastered with ads from Wix. Once again, this makes your website look unprofessional. Professional business websites do not have unrelated ads all over the site.
Finally, the features of the free plan are very limited. You only get 500 MB of storage space and 500 MB bandwidth. The free plan also doesn’t give you access to Google Analytics, which is very important for tracking the performance of your site. To avoid all these inconveniences, you should always go for a premium plan.
Next Step: Getting Started With Wix
If you’re looking to build a website for your business or an online store, Wix is one of your best options.
It makes the process of building your website easy with the drag and drop Wix website builder, and gives you access to most of the features you need for your site.
The best part about Wix is that it has very scalable pricing plans.
This means that you’ll get something that works for you, regardless of your needs of budget. Click here to try Wix today, or contact Wix to learn more about their plans.