Best CRM Tools for Private Equity Firms = More Qualified Clients
Discover the best CRM for nurturing long-lasting relationships with limited partners and clients for your private equity management firm.
Properly managing data and nurturing leads in a well-organized manner is one of the problems private equity and alternative investment firms face. CRM helps solve data problems by logically organizing them.
With many solutions available in the investment management industry, CRM software tools can transform investment firms for more productivity and profits.
Here are some of the best CRM tools for private equity management and limited partners.
Let’s get started.
Best CRM Tools for Private Equity Firms
Here are our top picks for the best CRM for private equity software firms to try this year.
- Monday CRM
- Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Backstop Solutions
- Zoho CRM
Best Overall Private Equity CRM
I recommend Pipedrive because it is an easy-to-use platform with a visual and simplified user interface. Pipedrive’s Leadbooster (a customizable lead Generation chatbot) makes it easy to capture new leads.Try Pipedrive
Pipedrive is your number one choice for a CRM to manage your private equity relationships.
- Lead and Deal Management: Pipedrive extensively simplifies your deal and lead management operations using intuitive solutions. You are equipped with custom AI chatbots and web forms to generate highly actionable leads.
- Communication Management: Alongside platforms for engaging with your investors and prospects, your communications are even more effective through tracking options.
- Inbound Marketing: Pipedrive offers a private equity CRM system with an inbound marketing solution. You enjoy easy integration and investor reports.
- Hitch-free onboarding process
- User-friendly and easy to configure
- Data security and privacy
- 14-day free trial
- Excellent customer support
- Limited third-party integrations
- No free version
Try Pipedrive’s 14-day free trial to get started.
2. Monday CRM
Best for Sales
I love Monday CRM because it helps manage your entire customer life cycle in one place. Many love it for investor and account relationship management and for managing business risks.Try Monday CRM
Monday CRM is trusted by over 127,000 public and private companies worldwide.
- Customizations: This CRM tool remains highly customizable to fit your specific needs. You can add as many columns as possible to your visualized dashboards.
- Centralized Email Communications: With Monday CRM, all your email communications and interactions are centralized on one platform. Customizable email templates are available to you.
- Sales Automations: Monday CRM helps you automate routine activities within your sales process to make your pipeline management easier.
- 14-day free trial and free version
- Real-time data sync
- GDPR Compliant
- Customizable boards
- Limited activity logs
- Needs more effective tutorials for new users
Try Monday CRM’s 14-day free trial to get started.
Best for Deals Management
Altvia understands the investment world and private equity and offers excellent customer support. I love Altvia's client management and fundraising tools. Best For: Scaling Your Firm’s GrowthTry Altvia
Altvia is a customer relationship management tool that supports over 40,000 investors worldwide, such as RCP Advisors.
- Fast Data Visualizations: To aid your data entry and CRM processes, Altvia equips you with data-driven dashboards.
- Fundraising and Investor Relation Tracking: With Altvia, you seamlessly manage your capital raising process through complete visibility into prospects and investors. You can raise and deploy capital and carry out worldwide capital raising efforts from your dashboard.
- Portfolio Management: Altvia presents complete and detailed information on all investments. You ensure compliance for your auditors and investors and track all performance-related metrics.
- Provides up-to-date performance metrics for investors
- Phone and chat support
- Tracking of deal pipeline
- Easy customizable to suit different PE firms
- No free trial
Request a quote to determine the cost of Altvia’s CRM.
Best Budgeting Option
nTask is a noteworthy CRM enjoying patronization from over 250,000 users across 155 countries.
- Comprehensive Reporting: nTask provides comprehensive reports covering every investment you make. With its reporting tools, you easily track your investments' status.
- Meeting Management: The tool’s meeting management module allows you to schedule meetings and appointments with your investors and prospects easily.
- Resource Management: nTask helps you easily manage your investors’ resources and assets to meet project goals.
- Easy to set up and customize
- High privacy and data security
- 14-day free trial
- Poor customer service
Try nTask’s 14-day trial to get started.
Best for Lead Generation and the Ideal Choice for Microsoft Customers
I love Microsoft Dynamics 365 because it connects data, processes, and teams with its trailblazing business intelligence applications, which help you proactively meet your customer demands.Try Microsoft Dynamics 365
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a flexible and customizable solution offering comprehensive solutions for multiple business niches.
- Lead Generation and Management: This CRM tool helps with your lead management workflows by allowing you to run multi-channel marketing operations through emails, websites, and virtual events.
- Insights: Microsoft Dynamics 365 helps you make more appropriate decisions through in-depth data reporting and analysis.
- Change Management: Powered by AI, Microsoft Dynamic 365 lets you automatically optimize your engagements with customers for better experiences.
- Fast data and budget management
- Uses the highest security standards and is fully compliant with GDPR
- An endless range of integration capabilities
- Easily customizable based on user needs
- 30-day free trial
- Requires training
- Low data storage limits
Try Microsoft Dynamics 365’s 30-day free trial to get started.
Leading Private Equity Software for Managing Multiple Classes of Assets
Dynamo is a trustworthy CRM software dedicated to asset owners and other asset managers, trusted by over 1,000 clients worldwide and with an AUM of over $5 trillion,
- Deal Management: With Dynamo, your deal sourcing and management operations are seamless through automation and options for effective remote collaborations.
- Research Management: To aid investment decision-making, Dynamo simplifies your research operations into different classes of assets.
- Multi-Class Portfolio Management: With Dynamo, managing a portfolio of multiple asset classes is easier through integrations with third-party data providers like PitchBook.
- Investment Management: Keep track of and manage investor relations and activities. Dynamo provides your investors with self-service options through an investor portal.
- Excellent customer service
- Comprehensive training for new users
- Easy to automate repetitive tasks
- No free trial
Request a quote to determine Dynamo’s CRM price.
Best CRM Focusing on Automated Report and Performance Tracking Workflows
Clienteer is a CRM tool dedicated to asset managers that focuses on client and prospect relationships.
- Intuitive Dashboard: Clienteer equips you with an intuitive dashboard, ensuring you have access to all data you need for your sales forecasting.
- Quality Lead Generation Options: To improve your chances at lead generation, Clienteer helps you implement personalized marketing campaigns, events, and roadshows.
- Lead Scoring: This CRM helps you identify your most feasible prospects for conversions by tracking email interactions and document downloads.
- Good performance analysis
- Round-the-clock customer support
- Easy customization of reports and dashboards
- No free trial
Clienteer’s pricing is determined according to a quote from the Imagineer Technology Group.
Best CRM tool with Intuitive Collaboration Options
Attio is a CRM tool trusted by companies like Coca-Cola, Supercell, and Sky, that helps you improve the operations of your customer-facing departments.
- Pre-Built Templates: Attio provides many pre-formatted templates for your private equity workflows.
- Contact Enrichment: With Attio, you also eliminate manual data entry as the tool does this for you. Attio automatically fills in new information on your contacts by constantly monitoring its sources on the internet.
- Custom Data Tracking: Your data tracking and reporting workflows may be customized to how you want them. Attio helps you manage ever-changing compliance regulations in the real estate sector, investing market, and alternate investments category.
- Easy importation of data from other software
- An extensive list of predesigned private equity CRM templates
- Real-time collaboration
- No free trial
- Lack of enough customer support options
Request a quote to determine the pricing for Attio’s services.
Best Private Equity CRM with Highly Scalable Pricing Plans and Solution
Salesforce Sales Cloud is a scalable CRM trusted by over 150,000 users worldwide.
- Dedicated Cloud CRM Solutions: Salesforce offers you cloud solutions for different areas of your business and client relationship.
- Contact Management: With Salesforce, you do not just have a platform to store your investors’ and prospects’ contacts but also track their activities.
- Highly Customizable: Determine the features you need for your account, contact, lead, opportunity, and forecasting management operations, among others. The highly customizable nature helps it serve as scalable CRM partners for different clients.
- Easy to customize and scale based on your needs
- 30-day free trial
- Comprehensive and free tutorials and courses
- A bit of a learning curve
- High price
Try Salesforce Sales Cloud’s 30-day free trial to get started.
Best Private Equity CRM with Comprehensive Integrations
4Degrees’ private equity CRM is dedicated to helping you take care of your client's due diligence, deal life cycle, investment documentation, and workflows to satisfy investors and prospects.
- Relationship Management: 4Degrees allows you to maintain close relationships with your investors, venture capital firms, brokers, and bankers.
- Pipeline Visualization: With your deal flow pipeline visualized, you easily track the due diligence progress and all activities within it.
- Integrations: To centralize your business management activities, this CRM integrates with third-party data providers like Microsoft Outlook, MailChimp, PitchBook, and marketing automation platforms.
- Good email, system, and workflow integration
- Native reporting
- Responsive customer support
- There is room for improvement in the interface.
The cost of 4Degrees’ services is available to you after you request a demo.
Best CRM Software for Institutional Asset Management Companies
DealCloud is an asset management solution dedicated to financial service firms needing to meet or comply with fiduciary and regulatory standards.
- Relationship Tiering: A lead scoring feature, DealCloud helps you rank your leads or prospects by how much value they offer you.
- Centralized Communications: DealCloud also ensures that all communications and interactions with contacts are available to every relevant individual on a single platform.
- Responsive customer support
- Easy implementation
- A poor user interface, especially for mobile view
- No free trial
Cost is available to you once you schedule a demo.
Top Private Equity Software with Dedicated Fundraising and Hedge Funds Solutions
Backstop Solutions offers another CRM tool dedicated to your private equities' deal, fundraising, hedge funds, and investor-relations management operations.
- Contact Synchronization: Thanks to quality integrations with Microsoft Outlook, Backstop Solutions lets you synchronize every contact and email you come across with your CRM workflows.
- Fundraising: Backstop Solutions allows managers, including hedge funds, to track all activities and contacts involved in the capital-raising process.
- Integrated Investor Portal: This CRM program provides an investor portal integrated with its CRM solution.
- Robust portfolio management
- Allows flexibility for client-defined uses
- Comprehensive training (in person, webinar, and documentation)
- No free trial
- Poor communication procedures
Request a quote to determine prices.
13. Zoho CRM
Leading Private Equity Software for Intuitive Client Servicing Options
Zoho CRM offers a CRM for financial service institutions trusted by firms like the New York Tribeca Group, Sigue, and IIFL.
- Complete Client Visibility: You can access all the information you need to manage clients in one central database, including details in your client’s financial and policy documents.
- Financial Account Management: Thanks to dedicated solutions for managing your clients’ financial accounts, transactions, and interactions, you know what to do to always keep them satisfied.
- Integrated Customer Service Options: Zoho CRM provides integrated tools like Zoho Desk and Zendesk.
- It offers a better understanding of the sales pipeline
- Customer mapping and automation
- Customized reports
- GDPR compliance
- 15-day free trial
- Poor onboarding experienced by some users
Try Zoho CRM’s 15-day free trial to get started.
Key Features of CRM Software for PE Firms
With many CRM tools available, picking one proves to be difficult. For private equity firms, this seems to be more apparent.
Private equity differs from traditional investment platforms as they do not appear for public trading on stock exchanges.
Many external solutions do not have enough options to help you manage your investment cycle for a more respected portfolio. There is a lack of focus on alternative investment category needs such as limited partnership funds and hedge funds.
Your CRM depends on your business, contact, and investment size. Nonetheless, to simplify the decision-making process, here are a few crucial features to look out for in a CRM for your PE needs.
- Communication: The CRM solution you choose should address your internal and external communication needs. Pick a CRM tool that offers intuitive ways to communicate with your clients and employees.
- Reports and Analytics: Investment services professionals and portfolio managers require reports and detailed analytics for wealth management and business development. Private equity CRM systems provide you with tools that let you track your performance.
- Integrations: Managing private equity investments and dealing with worried investors is tough enough for you. For more simplified workflows, you want to use a CRM that offers you integrations with tools and platforms you already use.
- Effective Lead Generation Options: Properly managing prospects gives you a chance to increase the value of your Asset Under Management (AUM). A lead scoring feature makes the whole process easier and more valuable.
- Comprehensive Dashboards: A private equity (PE) CRM tool provides complete pipeline visibility. You want to look for a CRM tool that centralizes all information about your clients on one dashboard.
Other important features to look out for include fundraising options for fund managers, customization options to fit your specific needs, and automated contact enrichment.
Choosing The Right CRM Tool for Private Equity Investments
A CRM tool with flexible hosting options is a classic investment strategy that leads to huge rewards for any business.
With many CRM systems for your investment business available, choosing the right CRM for your private equity firm depends on several factors.
- If you are looking for the best CRM for institutional investors to deliver business intelligence, choose Pipedrive.
- If Pipedrive is too pricey for your budget, consider a more affordable option like nTask.
- Monday CRM is the best bet if you are looking for a flexible CRM to help you manage your sales process and operations.
- If you are searching for a scalable CRM platform that boasts excellent customer service in the investment industry, the answer is Altvia.
- If you are an existing Microsoft customer searching for a customizable solution for managing leads and deals across your organization, Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a solid pick.
You can also try out the best CRM software for financial advisors and CRM tools for consultants to optimize your sales funnel, generate leads, get in-depth insights into your clients, and grow your business.