8 Best CRM Software Companies in Canada (2022 Comparison)
Businesses need CRM software to build connections with and engage with clients and leads. If you’re looking for the best CRM software companies in Canada, here are our top five:
Businesses need customer relationship management (CRM) software to build connections with leads and clients when engaging with them. When selecting the best CRM software for your business in Canada, it’s essential to consider the cost, setup, features, and integrations.
With so many options in the market and factors to consider, we’ve researched and compiled the best CRM software providers in Canada. We looked at how each tool works and its simplicity, its marketing tools to your sales and marketing team, and how well it integrates with other business apps.
Let’s take a closer look at the best CRM software in Canada.
Best CRM Software in Canada
Here are the best CRM software companies in Canada.
1. Monday CRM
We chose Monday CRM as the best CRM software company for Canadian businesses because of its fully customizable CRM software, easy-to-navigate dashboard, feature-packed plans, and robust sales tool. Monday is integrated with many apps and allows you to collect leads from any source.Try Monday CRM
Monday CRM is a reliable customer relationship management solution suitable for businesses in Canada. The CRM platform allows you to score leads from any source and makes it easy to build automation to save time in the sales cycle and eliminate repetitive work. On all the plans, you get round-the-clock customer service.
With Monday Sales CRM, you get a comprehensive dashboard with different boards and folders that you can use to manage all kinds of leads. The CRM software comes with an open API and native integrations with apps like Gmail, DocuSign, Outlook, Excel, Shopify, and Salesforce. You can centralize your sales pipeline and set up sales and marketing automation with third-party applications.
- Ideal for Project Management: Monday CRM excels as a project management platform. The software is designed to function on any workflow and is highly scalable. You can automate different possible tasks, like sending a message once the status of a project is marked. There is centralized client communication for maintaining customer interaction.
- Work Management Tool: The work management platform is integrated with the sales CRM and comes with different workflows like timeline, Gantt, calendar views, whiteboard collaboration, guest access, and activity log.
- Lead Scoring: Although this feature is only available on the Enterprise level, it is one of the helpful parts of Monday CRM. This automatically scores each of your leads based on the criteria set up. You can use this to follow up on qualified leads and build exceptional customer service.
- Template Center: One of the reasons why Monday CRM is easy to use is the template center. You can use different templates whether you need something for customer onboarding, sales pipeline management, new-seller training, etc. The templates can be easily accessed and implemented.
- Unlimited boards for project and work management.
- 24/7 customer support on all plans.
- Automations are easy to deploy and save time.
- Centralized client communication.
- Offers alternative views and tracking features.
- Automations are limited to a few actions per month.
- All plans come with a three-seat minimum.
Monday CRM starts with a free plan suitable for two team members and a free trial on all the plans. If you go for the paid plans, it starts at $12.5 per seat per month, and you can decide to pay monthly or yearly. Larger businesses can use the Enterprise plan, which offers a customized quote.
Best for Sales Teams
Pipedrive is a cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) software designed specifically for your sales team and offers fantastic features that make it a top choice on our list. The CRM platform is easy to use and customize and comes at a highly affordable price, even without a free plan.Try Pipedrive CRM
Pipedrive is a deal-focused CRM solution that doubles as an account-management tool and is the best choice for sales teams. The platform can synchronize schedules across multiple devices and visualize the sales process from beginning to end. By visualizing sales pipelines, beginners can easily understand their leads and customer life cycle.
Another highlight of Pipedrive is the attractive options, as it offers a wide range of tools and integrations. Although it is suitable for teams and small businesses, Pipedrive has expanded its platform to be ideal for larger companies. The user interface is easy to navigate too.
- Simplified User Interface: Pipedrive CRM offers a straightforward design with a minimalist layout. Since the main focus is to provide a visual sales pipeline for deals, you will see the standard sales pipeline when you first log in. You can decide to start entering your information or customize the pipeline as much as you want.
- Lead Generation Tool: One of the highlights of Pipedrive CRM is Leadbooster, a lead generation tool with a custom chatbot. Setting up these questions will capture new leads in the sales process, and the tool will automatically add them to your pipeline. There is also workflow automation for repetitive tasks and a drag-and-drop interface when interacting with leads.
- Third-Party Tools Integration: Different integrations in the Pipedrive CRM platform make it suitable for a sales team. These include productivity tools like Google Maps, Zapier, G Suite, MailChimp, and Xero.
- Customizable Reports: The CRM software also offers customizable reports and a dashboard where you can manage them. You can share your reports with third parties and receive a revenue forecast generated by the platform.
- Intuitive, deal-driven interface and workflow.
- Ideal for a sales team to take care of the CRM process.
- Wide range of integrations with call and email synchronization.
- Visualizes the sales process through pipelines.
- Comes with admin and user access features for a sales team.
- Limited functionality.
- Does not separate the list of new leads and contacts.
Pipedrive comes with a free trial, but there is no free plan that you can use. You can start with the Essential plan, which is $9.90 per user per month, and opt for monthly or yearly billing. The annual discount is 17%.
Best for Integrations
Although HubSpot is one of the most expensive options on our list, the CRM tool comes with a wide range of advanced features. CRM software offers a wide range of integrations and has a rich set of features. HubSpot is a cloud-based CRM software that companies can use to track and nurture different leads.Try HubSpot CRM
HubSpot is a highly reliable CRM platform and the best option on our list for integrations. The software is suitable for all types of businesses, including B2B and B2C businesses. It offers a wide range of features regardless of what you want to do, including different kinds of sales and marketing automation, tracking, and customer management.
One of the highlights of HubSpot CRM is that it is a part of a large business management platform. This makes it possible to integrate with other HubSpot tools like the Marketing Hub and Sales Hub. Plus, it can be used with third-party applications like Zoho CRM, SugarCRM, and Salesforce.
- Seamless Contacts and Communications: You can use HubSpot for two main functions: contact and communication. HubSpot will show you all related customer data, like communications, notes, and documents for each content. You can easily modify contacts, move them along the pipeline, attach tasks and deals to them, and more.
- Fantastic Dashboarding: You can take care of reporting and dashboarding using HubSpot. You can select one of their report templates, customize it, and use it yourself. There is a custom report builder for those who don’t want to use the template.
- Extensive Automation: The CRM software offers automation and analytics only if you pay for the higher pricing plans. With the service automation platform, you can create workflows or sequences and use them to save time on repetitive tasks in the sales cycle. Analytics is a helpful feature on HubSpot, allowing you to track different metrics.
- Manage Sales and Deals: You can view all your deals on HubSpot in the Contacts view or use the Kanban view. Both views are interactive and attractive, and you can modify your data, edit it on the go, and save whatever list you need.
- Robust set of integrations and features.
- Fully integrated payment processing features.
- Generous free CRM version.
- Use templates or create your reports from scratch.
- Set up default and customizable permissions.
- Automation is only available on high-pricing tiers.
- Some features come with a learning curve.
HubSpot offers free CRM software for individuals and small businesses, but if you need more functionality, you can use the paid plans instead. It starts at $50 per month when you pay monthly, or you can pay upfront and commit annually.
Best for Easy Communication
Freshsales is the ideal choice for any business that needs a lightweight CRM solution, and it excels in the case of powering teamwork and communication. There isn’t a steep learning curve for those new to CRM platforms, and it offers advanced contact management, AI insights, and workflow automation.
Freshsales CRM offers a basic CRM solution for medium and small businesses in Canada that want to set up their CRM platform quickly. If you’re running a team, communication becomes easier with the built-in VoIP phone service with toll-free local numbers for over 90 countries.
Businesses can also run bulk outbound email campaigns from Freshsales and leverage the AI assistant to get a better understanding of clients. The CRM software compiles historical sales data, engagement, and activities and will automatically build the contact profiles of prospective customers, identify rotten deals, and reach cold leads.
- Several Communication Tools: Freshsales has many communication tools that make it easy for teams to conduct outreach with sales and marketing automation. These include integrated VoIP phone and voicemail, call recording, and email templates. You can save communication files from your computer or in cloud storage.
- Easily Manage Deals: Managing data on leads is time-consuming, but Freshsales makes this easy with data deduplication functionality and reminders for contract renewal and auto-renew. Whenever there is a stale deal, you get an alert.
- AI Sales Assistant: One of the highlights of Freshsales is Freddy. This artificial intelligence sales assistant will analyze historical sales data and activities on deals and provide insights and predictions based on what it learns.
- Create Email Marketing Campaigns: There are different email templates and campaigns that Freshsales offers. After sending emails, you can track the open rates and click rates for the messages you send from the CRM. The metrics available can be used to check which email campaigns are successful.
- Freshsales makes the CRM process simple for small businesses.
- Comes with a proactive AI assistant.
- Easily customize your CRM settings.
- Features a wide range of integrations to extend functionality.
- Offers a downloadable mobile app with voice note features.
- No reporting functionality in the free plan.
- Lead generation is only available in the Enterprise plan.
Freshsales starts its users with a 21-day free trial, and no credit card is required. There is also a free forever plan that is suitable for small teams. The paid plans start at $15 per user per month, and there is an Enterprise plan for large businesses.
Best for Automation
Keap has proven itself the best CRM for Canadian businesses regarding easy use and sales automation. There are over 2,500 software integrations that you can use to automate the sales process or business workflow, like automatically adding new customer interactions and automating contact management.Try Keap
Keap is a powerful CRM software that combines sales and marketing automation. As the top CRM solution for large and small businesses in Canada on our list, it efficiently streamlines business processes and automates repetitive tasks, so you can easily organize leads.
If you’re running an e-commerce business in Canada, Keap is a fantastic choice, as it comes with tools for invoicing and native payment processing. There are also checkout carts featured. Keap has reported that it saves customers 10 hours weekly when it eliminates manual tasks.
- Complex Automation: With Keap, you can enable complex sales automation and eliminate repetitive tasks. The sales and marketing automation is easy to build based on ‘when-then scenarios.’ Opportunities to automate sales are almost endless, and there are pre-made templates for invoice reminders, landing page leads, and deal offers.
- E-commerce Payments: Those running an e-commerce business in Canada can use Keap’s native payment processing tools. These include various payment options like debit and credit cards, Venmo, Paypal, etc. Keap partners with these payment processors.
- Wide Range of Integrations: There are over 2,500 integrations available at Keap, and you can’t get this much with other CRM providers. The marketplace includes integrations for lead generation, email, campaigns, specialty apps, and more. On the downside, Keap’s integrations are expensive, unlike HubSpot, which offers them free.
- Easy to Use CRM: Keap offers a comprehensive CRM solution that is simple to use. You can set it up in 20 minutes, and a dedicated customer success manager is on each plan to help you. A video tour will take you through the elements whenever you find a new feature.
- Sales and marketing automation in one platform.
- Automatically collect and score leads.
- All plans come with a customer success manager.
- Comes with e-commerce payment tools.
- Highly customizable lead scoring feature.
- Software integrations come with a monthly fee.
- Contact-based pricing makes plans more expensive.
You can try Keap for free with the 14-day trial, which does not require credit cards. The pricing plans are a bit expensive and depend on the contacts and users. You can pay monthly or annually; large businesses can choose the customizable plan.
Best for Small Businesses
Salesforce has an impressive selection of CRM solutions suitable for small businesses in Canada. The CRM provider is an industry leader and comes with all the essential CRM capabilities that growing businesses can leverage. The specific CRM service under Salesforce is Sales Cloud.
With Salesforce, you can access advanced tools like AI-powered assistants and forecasting, a sizable third-party marketplace for mobile apps, and extensive marketing automation. Small businesses can use the workflow builder to automate every repetitive task the team carries out, and a mobile app is designed for ease of use.
- All-in-One Business Ecosystem: Salesforce CRM offers a comprehensive ecosystem for small businesses, mainly since Salesforce provides other features like Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Quip, a collaboration tool, Service Cloud, Safety Cloud, and more. There is built-in AI, and the platform is scalable for businesses to grow with it.
- Productivity Tools: You can benefit from sales productivity tools when you use Salesforce for your small business. Sales and marketing teams can easily manage and build workflows, follow and assign tasks, and set up permissions.
- Industry-Specific Add-ons: Salesforce is suitable for growing businesses because of its integrations and add-ons. The company has an AppExchange store where you can integrate business apps and customize systems.
- Customization Capabilities: What makes Salesforce CRM stand out is its customization settings, which businesses can use to customize deal fields, email templates, contact fields, and dashboards.
- Generous entry-level plan.
- Highly customizable to meet specific business needs.
- Massive selection of support videos, materials, and tutorials.
- Powerful reporting features.
- Integrates with over a thousand apps.
- Pricing models are confusing with expensive add-ons.
- No visual gallery of the email templates.
The Salesforce Sales Cloud pricing plans start at $25 per user per month, billed annually. Large businesses can use the Unlimited plan for $300 per user per month. You will pay more for add-ons. There is a free trial before paying for the plans.
7. Zoho CRM
Best for Remote Teams
Next on our list of the best CRM software providers in Canada is Zoho CRM, a fantastic choice for remote and hybrid teams. The platform allows remote workforces to work efficiently while the team members are on the go and in different locations. Zoho has a gamification feature for friendly competition between team members.
One of the best elements of Zoho CRM is Zia, an AI-powered assistant that will help predict deals and leads, identify potential customers, and offer guidance on every step. There are hundreds of integrations and a flexible dashboard that also makes it user-friendly.
- Customize Your Views: Zoho CRM makes it easy to customize your views, starting from the Welcome page. You can add which calls and tasks will be on your dashboard and set up multiple landing pages. The CRM module is also customizable.
- User-Friendly Lead Features: Following leads is easy with Zoho CRM. For one, you can import contacts from a CSV file or another CRM and allow Zoho to process the data. Next, there will be a list of the backup files, and you can map them manually to the modules. Most of the sales process is automatic; all you need to do is map the leads.
- Extensive Reporting and Analytics: Another functional module on the Zoho CRM is reporting, which is packed with different templates, or you can create a report from scratch. An analytics tab also allows you to organize all the components with a drag-and-drop function.
- Mobile App: Those working on the go can leverage the Zoho CRM Mobile, which is downloadable on Android and Ios. The mobile version mirrors everything you have on the desktop, with a view into analytics, leads, and deals.
- Highly customizable with Canvas Builder.
- Integrated gamification for teams.
- Flexible AI tools are available.
- Robust pricing plans and features.
- Integration with other Zoho tools.
- Advanced features are on the higher-priced tiers.
- Steep learning curve.
Zoho CRM offers pricing plans from $20 per user per month, billed monthly. The highest plan is Ultimate, and goes for $65 per user per month. You can save up to 34% on the plans if you pay yearly. There is also a free trial and special plans called Bigin for solopreneurs and Zoho CRM Plus for large businesses.
Best for Google-Heavy Businesses
Rounding up our list of top CRM software companies in Canada is Copper, an intuitive CRM solution for businesses that want to manage the customer lifecycle but don’t have time for repetitive admin tasks and data entry. The platform integrates closely with all Google apps and directly with Google Workspace, making it an excellent choice for Google or Gmail-heavy startups.
Aside from being closely married to Google’s productivity environment, Copper CRM is ideal for small to medium-sized businesses. The CRM solution excels at managing customer relationships and automates most data entry and sales processes.
- G Suite Integration: Copper is integrated with the Google platform, and you can use the different apps in the G Suite along with the CRM. Users can access the CRM software from Gmail and connect it to Dropbox and Google Drive.
- Topnotch Lead Management: Although this is optional, the CRM platform provides lead management. You can turn it on to create and nurture leads by either manually adding them or importing them. Copper helps set up sales and marketing automation to create and assign tasks.
- Many Reporting Tools: There are a lot of reporting tools on the Copper CRM platform to track revenue, missed opportunities, sales, and set goals. Create a leaderboard to view a summary of your successes and challenges in getting leads.
- Import Contacts and Companies: Copper CRM allows you to import contacts, leads, and companies through spreadsheets and CSV files or from other CRMs. The CRM software is compatible with Google Forms and Zapier, so you can get data from web forms and social platforms.
- Full integration with G Suite Products.
- Pull new leads directly from the email.
- Features are accessible from Gmail.
- Extensive automation and lead management.
- Notifications to follow-up leads.
- Pipelines don’t include qualified leads.
- Annoying email alerts.
Copper offers a free trial for its customers, but the pricing plans start at $29 per month. You can pay monthly or annually and get a discount if you choose the latter. You can set up a CRM with 2,500 contacts, Google Workspace, and pipelines from the entry-level plan.
How to Choose the Right CRM Software
If you’re selecting the best CRM software for your business in Canada, there are different factors that you should keep in mind. Although we outlined the top CRM tools, you might need extra help choosing the best software.
1. Set a Budget
Start by determining your budget based on the CRM platforms that we have recommended. Review the pricing plans that we have covered and set your budget before shopping. Some plans feature an affordable price, while others are expensive, depending on your needs. You can eliminate the software outside your price range.
2. Consider the Features
The next thing to do is look for the CRM features you need. A wide range of features offered by CRM tools will come in handy for your business. You should check for these before selecting your CRM software. These include:
- Workflow and business automation.
- Extensive reporting tools.
- Allowing for customization.
- Customer management tools.
- Third-party CRM integrations.
It’s best to list all the features you are looking for before buying, so you don’t overpay. But these main features are necessary for your CRM software in Canada.
3. Check Online Reviews
Before you choose the best CRM software company for your business in Canada, you should check reviews from their other users. You will know more about how the solution works in the real world by checking for what others have to say about them.
4. Assess the Market
Since the CRM space is constantly improving as technology changes, some CRM solutions you might have heard of before might not be suitable for your business now. You should assess the market and your business needs and use that to select the features you need.
5. Try with a Free Trial
Most of the CRM software options on our list come with a free trial or a free plan that you can go for. By booking a demo, using a free trial or free forever plan, you can learn how the CRM software works and decide whether it’s a fitting choice for your business.
Your Canadian business needs a CRM system to track customer interactions, store and update customer contact details, and manage customer accounts. Reliable CRM software helps in improving customer communication and increases the number of leads.
A CRM system is a central place where businesses can keep data on their current and prospective customers, track interactions, and share customer information with the team. With CRM software, companies can build meaningful customer relationships and nurture leads.
This depends on the service that you use. You can get as low as $15 per month or pay as high as $5,000 per month. CRM platforms can become even more expensive when you pay per seat per month, but you can save more annually or look out for discounts.
What is the Best Customer Relationship Management Software in Canada?
Choosing the best customer relationship software for your business in Canada might be difficult, but our list of the top eight choices can help you get started. Once you set up your CRM, you can research your target audience, build a database for your business and execute a business strategy.
With the best CRM software in Canada, you can start building a customer database that helps your business with sales and marketing. We helped you save time by putting together this review of the top CRM software.
Here are our top five options:
Before choosing the best CRM software in Canada, you should conduct extensive research. Here are some resources to keep in mind:
- What is CRM?
- Best CRM Software of 2022
- Best Small Business CRM Software in 2022
- CRM Implementation: 6 Steps for a Winning Strategy
- 8 Steps to Creating a CRM Strategy for Your Business