Hubspot Pricing – Is the Free Plan Any Good?
With over 135,000 customers across more than 120 countries, HubSpot is now one of the best CRM software tools. This fully-featured cloud-based platform offers sophisticated features for marketers, salespeople, and customer service providers.
If you are looking for a reliable pricing guide for HubSpot, keep reading. In this post, we will dive deep into the plans, and discuss the features that come with each plan. We will also compare HubSpot with its alternatives, and answer some frequently asked questions about the platform.
HubSpot Pricing Comparison: Which Plan Should I Pick?
HubSpot Free Tools
The platform offers free tools for users who need the most basic features for building and managing customer relationships. While most of the free features are basic, some of them are pretty advanced.
- Free Marketing Tools: HubSpot offers free features that can be immensely useful for entry-level marketers. These features are not as flexible as the same features available with the paid plans, but enough to help you get started as a marketer.
- Free Sales Tools: For businesses that focus on sales, HubSpot offers free features that can help you get started. If you are running your sales operations on a small scale, chances are that you will find these free features sufficient.
- Free Service Tools: HubSpot has developed some amazing features for customer service providers, and the most basic of these features are free. The free features include ticketing, email scheduling, shared inbox, and more.
- Free Operations Tools: HubSpot offers a free suite of basic level features that allow operations teams to connect apps, automate processes, and sync customer data.
HubSpot Marketing Hub
For this module there are three plans, starting at $45 per month. Here they are:
- Marketing Hub Starter: Intended for entry-level marketers, Starter is the cheapest of the three paid plans under HubSpot’s Marketing Hub section. Billed annually, the Starter plan costs $45 per month for 1,000 contacts. And when billed monthly, it costs $50 per month. For every 1,000 additional contacts, users are charged an additional $50 per month.
- Marketing Hub Professional: The professional plan, which is intended for medium-sized businesses, costs $800 per month for 2,000 contacts when paid annually. And if you pay every month, this plan costs $890 per month. Users can buy contacts in increments of 5,000 for $250 per month.
- Marketing Hub Enterprise: This one is the most expensive of the three HubSpot Marketing Hub plans. When billed annually, it costs $3,100 per month for 10,000 contacts. And when billed every month, the plan costs $3,200 per month. You can buy additional contacts in increments of 10,000 for $100 per month.
HubSpot Sales Hub
The HubSpot Sales Hub module also has three plans with the same names: Starter, Professional, and Enterprise.
- Sales Hub Starter: Intended for relatively new sellers, the Starter plan costs $45 per month for 2 users, when billed annually. When billed monthly, this plan costs $50 per month. For each additional user, you will be charged $25 per month.
- Sales Hub Professional: The professional plan is designed for growing teams. When billed annually, it costs $450 per month for 5 users. If you pay every month, the price is $500 per month. HubSpot will charge you $100 for each additional user.
- Sales Hub Enterprise: The Enterprise plan is for large-scale businesses. It starts at $1,200 per month for 10 users. You will have to pay $120 per month for each additional user.
HubSpot Service Hub
The Service Hub module also has three plans of the same names. Here they are:
- Service Hub Starter: This plan is for entry-level customer service providers, and costs $45 per month when billed annually. If you pay every month, the plan costs $50 per month. Only 2 users are allowed. For each additional user, you will be charged an additional $25 per month.
- Service Hub Professional: The Professional plan is suitable for customer service providers who need automation features. It costs $360 per month when billed annually. The price is $400 per month when billed monthly. For this price, HubSpot allows 5 members. You will be charged an additional $72 per month for each additional user.
- Service Hub Enterprise: Intended for businesses with large and complex operations, the Enterprise plan starts at $1,200 per month. 10 users are allowed. $120 per month for each additional user.
HubSpot CMS Hub
HubSpot’s content management system is one of the best out there, and the platform has three plans for users of various levels:
- CMS Hub Starter: If you pay annually, the Starter plan costs $23 per month. The price is $25 per month when billed monthly.
- CMS Hub Professional: This plan is suitable for users who need advanced customization and other advanced features such as smart reporting. The Professional plan costs $360 per month when paid annually. If billed monthly, it costs $400 per month.
- CMS Hub Enterprise: Designed to help provide powerful digital experiences, the Enterprise plan is the most expensive of the three CMS Hub plans. It starts at $1,200 per month.
HubSpot Operations Hub
- Operations Hub Starter: This entry-level plan of the Operations Hub module costs $45 per month when billed annually. If you pay every month, the plan costs $50 per month.
- Operations Hub Professional: The Professional plan, which comes with plenty of automation features, costs $720 per month if you pay annually. And billed monthly, it costs $800 per month.
- Operations Hub Enterprise: The Enterprise plan has a high price tag, starting at $2,000 per month. It comes with powerful features that help manage complex operations.
HubSpot CRM Suite
HubSpot offers a CRM suite that includes powerful features from its Marketing Hub, Sales Hub, Service Hub, CMS Hub, and Operations Hub modules. There are three plans for the suite.
- CRM Suite Starter: The Starter plan comes with essential features to help users build and manage customer relationships. Billed annually, it costs $45 per month. Billed monthly, the plan costs $50 per month.
- CRM Suite Professional: Packed with advanced features for customer relationship management, the Professional plan costs $1,600 per month if billed annually. If you choose to pay every month, the plan costs $1,780 per month.
- CRM Suite Enterprise: HubSpot is among the best enterprise CRM software, and the platform isn’t cheap. Starting at $5,000 per month, HubSpot’s Enterprise plan is one of the most comprehensive and expensive CRM suites out there. The suite is designed for enterprise-level businesses running huge and complex operations.
Apart from the modules and plans mentioned above, HubSpot allows users to choose products they need, and buy bundles. If you find that none of the predefined plans precisely meets your requirements, you may find this option convenient.
What HubSpot Product Should I Choose?
HubSpot has developed five products or modules for different types of businesses. Just by looking at the names and features of these products, you can figure out what product is the right choice for you.
The platform offers free tools for marketers, salespeople, and service providers. The free marketing tools include forms, ad management, email marketing, shared inbox, landing pages, team email, basic bots, live chat, reporting dashboard, mobile optimization, custom properties, and more.
While most of these features come with limitations, many entry-level businesses find them sufficient. Some of these tools are pretty sophisticated and allow you to start building strong relationships with your target audience. This versatility makes HubSpot one of the best cloud-based CRM software.
Whether you need to create standalone forms, send bulk emails, or create dynamically updating contact lists, HubSpot can help you get started without having to spend a penny.
HubSpot’s free sales tools include ticketing, live chat, email scheduling, calling, shared inbox, team email, basic bots, email templates, canned snippets, tickets, closed reports, meeting scheduling, and many more.
If you are just getting started as a customer service provider, you will find most of these free features useful. With the meeting scheduling feature, for example, you can allow your customers to schedule meetings with you. For this, you simply have to share a link with your customers.
As you send emails through the HubSpot email tool, the tool tracks the contacts and provides you with data that can be used for lists, reporting, and automation.
There are some useful free operations tools such as data sync, field mappings, historical sync, contact management, app Marketplace integrations, deals, and tasks & activities.
If you are thinking of building an aligned, efficient and adaptable business, you can get started with HubSpot’s free features.
You can sync data between HubSpot and some third-party apps. This process not only adds a layer to your business security but also helps you get things done more quickly and efficiently.
HubSpot’s standard fields allow you to automatically connect matching information from third-party apps to HubSpot.
You can also connect customer issues as tickets, and assign, organize and prioritize them. All issues can be tracked from a central location.
HubSpot’s Marketing Hub module is designed to help marketers of all levels to run marketing campaigns, attract the right audience, and build strong relationships with customers. There are three plans that come with three different sets of features.
Even the Strater plan allows users to run pretty complex operations. Users can create pop-up, standalone, and embedded forms to gather contact details. This data can be used for many different purposes.
You can send bulk emails optimized for different devices. HubSpot’s drag-and-drop editor helps you create better emails.
The same applies to landing pages. With the simple but efficient drag-and-drop editor, you can create landing pages that can turn visitors into customers.
The professional plan, which is intended for mid-level marketers, comes with all the features that are available with the Starter plan, and more.
With HubSpot’s intuitive visual workflows, users can create automated campaigns across their websites, emails, social media, ads, and chat. HubSpot can be integrated into many other channels.
CRM objects and HubDB tables allow users to create dynamic content across multiple channels. If you are running your operations with a focus on creating personalized experiences, you will find these features very convenient.
With in-app commenting, tasks, and an integrated marketing calendar, users can smoothly collaborate with their teams and make campaigns more effective.
A/B testing is another notable feature that comes with the Professional plan. With this simple but powerful feature, you can identify the best-performing versions of emails.
Website traffic analytics and campaign reporting can provide you with deep insights into the performance of your website, allowing you to make informed decisions for improvement.
Support via phone is another notable advantage of the Professional plan over the Starter plan. Whether you have a strategic or technical issue, you can get help almost instantly.
The Enterprise plan includes all the features available with the Professional plan, and more. With this plan, logging in to HubSpot is easier and more secure for your team. To access the platform, your team can use single sign-on credentials.
If there are a large number of users, you can organize them based on region, team, brand, business unit, or any other criteria. To keep your database clean and your team efficient, you can determine which properties can be edited.
The custom objects feature allows you to store all types of data including locations, subscriptions, events, and shipments. HubSpot provides reports on custom objects. These reports can make segmentation and automation more effective.
The Enterprise plan offers everything you need to manage multiple large teams and run complex operations.
HubSpot’s Sales Hub module comes with tools that help users shorten deal cycles and boost productivity. Your sales team will have access to highly sophisticated features designed to reduce workload.
Even the Starter plan comes with advanced features such as email scheduling, email templates, email tracking & notifications, calling, documents, meeting scheduling, reporting dashboard, canned snippets, live chat, shared inbox, team email, and conversation bots that make HubSpot one of the best sales CRM software tools.
You can easily create visually appealing emails and make the best use of every opportunity to meet prospects.
If you are an individual seller or running a small team, you will most probably find these features sufficient. And as you upgrade to the Professional and Enterprise plans, you can use features like logged-in visitor identification, duplicate management, sales analytics, account overview, deal and company scoring, custom reporting, and sequences.
The Enterprise plan, which costs $1,200 per month, is suitable for enterprise-level sellers with complex operations. It gives users access to advanced features such as custom objects, predictive lead scoring, tools for managing hierarchical teams, recurring revenue tracking, single sign-on, and admin notifications management.
HubSpot has developed a product for companies that want to provide exceptional customer services. This module comes with everything your customer service team needs to ensure customer satisfaction. As with other modules, the Service Hub module has three plans.
The paid plans of the Service Hub module come with all the free tools with fewer restrictions and many other additional tools. Items such as canned snippets, email templates, reporting dashboards, VoIP call hours, and custom properties are available in increased quantities. With paid plans, users can track emails more effectively and get unique insights.
Features also include a knowledge base, ticket pipelines, a variety of survey methods, Salesforce integration, support for multiple currencies, automation workflows, custom reports, and more.
HubSpot has a long list of features and comprehensive sets of controls for customer service providers. No matter what type of customer service you want to offer, Hubspot has tools for you. However, if you use low-tier plans you will have to deal with limitations on support methods and the number of users.
If you are looking for a service CRM that can be seamlessly integrated with your marketing and sales software, Hubspot’s Service Hub is one of the best options for you.
HubSpot offers easy-to-use and powerful tools for contact management systems. The platform makes hosting, website updates, and infrastructure management easy, allowing you to focus on your business.
This module has three plans namely Starter, Professional, and Enterprise. This Starter plan comes with features such as drag-and-drop editor, list segmentation, list segmentation, and landing pages.
The features of the higher plans include permission sets, dynamic personalization, record customization, password-protected pages, SEO recommendations and optimizations, A/B testing, and custom reporting. They make HubSpot one of the best CRM for startups.
HubSpot’s SEO recommendations show you effective ways to improve your site, so you can easily figure out what actions you should take.
With HubSpot’s website themes, building a cohesive site is easier than ever before. There are pre-built website themes that can be customized. Yes, you can get it done without worrying about logos, designs, or navigation.
By leveraging CRM data, website owners can create personalized digital experiences for their visitors. You can track all your visitors in one place.
You don’t need a developer’s help to create a page or update one because the process does not require coding. Even if you are an absolute beginner, you will find HubSpot’s drag-and-drop editor pretty intuitive.
If you are looking for a powerful and easy-to-use content management system, you can’t go wrong with HubSpot.
The Operations Hub comes with a suite of tools that make data management easy and efficient. The suite includes improved integrations, powerful data prep tools, and flexible business process automation.
With clean and connected data, your operations team will spend less time on reactive data tasks, and get things done more efficiently.
As with other modules, there are three plans for the Operations Hub module. The Starter plan comes with all the free tools with fewer limitations, and other features such as reporting dashboard, custom properties, list segmentation, and payments in multiple currencies. The process of enabling multiple currencies is easy and quick.
The higher tiers come with advanced features that include duplicate management, required fields, calculated properties, deal & company scoring, Sandbox account, advanced data calculations and prep, hierarchical teams, and field-level permissions.
HubSpot Alternatives for Customer Relationship Management
Best HubSpot Alternative for Large Businesses and Enterprises
Founded in 1999, Salesforce is recognized as one of the most reliable CRM software tools for automating tasks, managing customers, and accelerating sales. In terms of market share position and revenue, Salesforce is the undisputed CRM market leader.
The platform has products for various industries such as financial services, healthcare and life sciences, communications, public sector, sellers of consumer goods, manufacturing companies, and many more.
The starting price of Salesforce is $25. However, depending on your requirements, Salesforce can get expensive, just like HubSpot.
While HubSpot’s power lies in its wide number of functionalities, Salesforce has an edge over HubSpot in terms of customizability. If you are looking for a CRM software tool that can be perfectly tailored to your liking, Salesforce is one of the best options out there.
HubSpot is more suitable for businesses with shoestring budgets while Salesforce is a good option for established startups with significant contact lists and leads. Some Startups combine HubSpot with Salesforce for greater efficiency.
Salesforce has strong core CRM capabilities with numerous built-in functionalities and app integrations. Modules and apps are pre-built. So, to integrate them into the system, you do not need the assistance of developers.
If you are looking for a highly flexible CRM software tool, you may find Salesforce more convenient than HubSpot.
Best HubSpot Alternative for Small and Medium-Sized Businesses
Launched as a user-focused customer service tool in 2010, Freshworks has emerged as one of the best multi-product platforms. Freshworks CRM is among the most notable products of the company, known for its functionality, ease of use, and affordability.
Freshworks has four plans including a free one. The three predefined plans namely Growth, Pro, and Enterprise cost respectively $15, $39, and $69 per user per month when paid annually, and $18, $47, and $83 respectively when paid monthly.
If you are running a small business and looking for a fairly functional CRM software tool with an affordable price tag, you will find Freshworks CRM pretty convenient.
Freshworks’ auto-lead assignment feature ensures better lead response times. This feature is particularly useful for businesses that span multiple regions in the world.
HubSpot has AI capabilities, but they are limited to lead scoring and enrichment. Freshworks’ AI can show you the right way to approach prospects, and even forecast revenue. The platform’s AI capabilities also include contact scoring, deal insights, profile enrichment, and out-of-office detection.
HubSpot involves some hidden implementation and scaling costs. There are add-ons for some essential features like transactional emails, reporting, and additional APIs. Freshworks’ pricing is more straightforward, and the platform has plans for all types of businesses.
Unless you are running a large business, you may find Freshworks more convenient than HubSpot.
Best HubSpot Alternative for Small Businesses That Need Powerful Automation Tools
Keap is a cloud-based CRM and marketing tool that comes with powerful automation features and e-commerce functionalities. The tool ensures fewer repetitive tasks and greater client organization.
There are three Keap plans namely Lite, Pro and Max that start respectively at $79, $169, and $199 per user per month. For each additional user, the platform charges $30 per month.
When it comes to capturing leads, small businesses find Keap more convenient than HubSpot. With Keap, all essential tools are built-in features With HubSpot, many essential features are available as add-ons, and they incur additional costs.
Keap’s custom email templates are more visually appealing and easier to use. Less experienced users find the drag-and-drop builder very intuitive.
Keap’s CMS is more user-friendly because it has fewer bells and whistles. Yet, the tool is powerful enough for a small business.
For a business in which sales and marketing are parts of the same process, Keap can provide more value than HubSpot.
The bottom line is, if you are running a small business that requires pretty good automation features, you can’t go wrong with Keap!
Best HubSpot Alternative for Deal and Contact Management
With more than 150,000 customers, ActiveCampaign is now one of the leading automation tools for businesses of all types and sizes. Companies all over the world are using ActiveCampaign in part because the platform’s automation features are almost endlessly flexible.
There are four ActiveCampaign plans that start respectively at $9, $49, $149, and $259 per month when billed annually, and $15, $70, $187, and $323 per month respectively when billed monthly. This pricing is applicable for users with up to 500 contacts. Prices go up as you have more contacts.
The starting price of ActiveCampaign is significantly lower than that of HubSpot. But affordability is just one of the reasons for ActiveCampaign’s growing popularity.
HubSpot is an all-in-all solution, but the platform has many basic tools that incur additional costs. This is not the case with ActiveCampaign. You do not have to pay for features that you do not need.
ActiveCampaign’s reporting and deliverability features are immensely useful, and they do not incur additional costs.
Unless you are running stupendously large and complex operations, you are likely to find ActiveCampaign more than enough. There is every possibility that ActiveCampaign will get more popular as a cheaper alternative to HubSpot.
HubSpot Pricing FAQ
HubSpot has five different products, and each of them has three plans starting at $45 per month. Depending on the requirements of your business, the platform can cost as much as $5,000 or more per month. If you need only the most basic features, you can even use HubSpot for free. It all depends on what you want to do with HubSpot.
There are two reasons why so many businesses are using HubSpot. First, the platform is suitable for just about any business. You can use HubSpot regardless of the type or size of your business. And second, HubSpot’s free edition is incredibly comprehensive.
Yes, HubSpot has a free version with plenty of features, many of which outshine the features of some paid CRM software tools. This version is free forever, which means there is no expiration date.
30 days. Before you invest in HubSpot, you can try the platform for a full month and see what it can do for your business.
Next Step: Choose the Right HubSpot Plan for You
While HubSpot has five different products, the platform’s pricing strategy is simple, and choosing the right plan is easy. Just look at the features and you will figure out which plan is right for you.
A good thing about HubSpot is that it has a comprehensive free version. So, you can get started without spending a penny, and stick to the free version until your operations expand significantly. Go ahead and create a free account.