11 Best CRM Tools for Consultants of 2021 (Free & Paid)
CRM systems were mainly used as contact management tools by consultants.
We now see them incorporating AI to automate different processes, enabling consultancy firms to measure customer interactions.
Additionally, CRM solutions serve as a dynamic repository that gives users access to real-time data and customer insights.
If you’re looking to streamline your workflows, make sure you choose one of the best CRM tools for consultants that you can find below.
Best CRM Tools for Consultants
Best CRM Tool for Consultants
Monday.com CRM allows you to customize anything from the get-go using templates or its appealing drag-and-drop interface.
This innovative all-in-one system offers you powerful relationship-building tools that will keep you fully booked for the whole year.
- Pipeline Management: Identify where any lead is in the sales funnel or visualize the whole sales cycle with a click of a button. Monday.com CRM allows you to filter deals and perform bulk actions like contacting a select group of individuals.
- Workflow Automation: Optimize your workflows by automating processes like data collection and analysis, marketing campaigns, and any other redundant process that you previously did manually. Set custom rules to help you and your team to be more productive.
- Data Import and Export: Import or export your contact list to or from another platform in CSV or XSL file. This Monday.com CRM feature allows you to make amendments to a large group of contacts with just one click of a button.
Monday.com offers five plans:
- The Individual plan is free
- The Basic plan at $8 seat/month
- The Standard plan at $10 seat/month
- The Pro plan at $16 seat/month
- For the Enterprise plan, you need to get custom pricing
Save 18% if you pay yearly.
Try Monday.com today for free.
Best for Consultants Looking for a Visual-Based CRM
Pipedrive is a visual-based CRM app that helps boost sales by closing more deals. This app provides an in-depth overview of your sales activities to enable you to focus on the deals that matter most.
Pipedrive is one of the fastest-growing CRM tools for consultants worldwide, with a user base of over 90,000 customers. It’s perfect for firms that seek to simplify the pipeline management process to get higher conversions.
- 360-Degree View of The Customer: Get a client profile with all the information from previous interactions. Possessing this information makes it easier for you to find data about all meetings, bills, quotes, and correspondences on one page.
- Sales Forecasting: Predict your future sales by looking at the data you get from your pipeline. Sales forecasting gives you insights that can help you anticipate market changes to mitigate business risk or alter your marketing plan.
- AI-Powered Chatbots: Start having more relevant and personalized conversations with your website visitors to convert more of them into leads. Use the Lead Gen Bot and Answer Bot to engage with your customers in real-time and build a qualified pipeline for sales.
Pipedrive offers four plans:
- The Essential plan at $12.50 user/month, billed annually
- The Advanced plan at $24.90 user/month, billed annually
- The Professional plan at $49.90 user/month, billed annually
- The Enterprise plan at $99 user/month, billed annually
Try Pipedrive today for free. No credit card is required.
Best All-in-One CRM Software for Growing Teams
Freshsales offers a lightweight CRM tool for consultants that want to get up and running fast.
This robust and unified contact management hub helps to monitor customer interactions while addressing their ailing concerns.
Freshsales has a clean and intuitive user interface that even a CRM newbie can readily use.
- Telephony: Make and record calls using Freshsales, then take notes afterward. Other features of Telephony include enhanced caller ID, call scripts and call forwarding.
- Sales Performance Management: See if your team is performing to the required standard. Is their sales process efficient enough? What should they do to improve their performance? The Sales Performance Management feature helps you answer all that and more.
- Lead Management: Identify and collect leads from different channels, score them based on demographic and psychographic factors, assign them to team members and others so that you do not miss any.
Freshsales offers four plans:
- The Free plan
- The Growth plan at $18 user/month
- The Pro plan at $47 user/month
- The Enterprise plan at $83 user/month
Try Freshsales for free today.
4. Zendesk Sell
Best for Integration With Zendesk Products
Zendesk Sell works to bump your client and business relationships to the next level, thanks to its ever-so-clean and easy-to-understand interface that has a zero learning curve.
The tool’s state-of-the-art features and ease of use add a whole new dimension of interoperability within the Zendesk ecosystem.
- Customer Opportunity Management: This feature quantifies opportunities your team has with clients. It also helps users identify hot leads that are most likely to convert.
- Sales Automation: The sales process has a lot of repetitive tasks that include outgoing calls, follow-up campaigns, and organizing data for more effective future campaigns. Sales automation helps save time by automating parts of your sales process, increasing productivity.
- Campaign Management: Zendesk Sell helps to automate your marketing process, which allows you to analyze campaign data, forecast future marketing strategies, and reduce overall campaign costs.
Zendesk Sell offers three plans:
- The Sell Team plan at $19 user/month, billed annually
- The Sell Professional plan at $49 user/month, billed annually
- The Sell Enterprise plan at $99 user/month, billed annually
Try Zendesk Sell today for free.
5. Odoo CRM
Best Open Source CRM System for Consultancy Firms
Previously known as OpenERP, Odoo CRM used to be just simple. But now, this system has grown to become one of the best CRMs, all thanks to its sophisticated capabilities.
Since it is open-source software, developers on your team can access and alter the code based on the needs of your firm. That also makes it excellent for small to medium-sized businesses that seek to expand rapidly.
- Lead Acquisition: Manage the process of getting leads from whatever channel, segmenting them, and sending automated emails tailored to each individual. This feature also allows you to chat with visitors in real-time, in hopes of converting them into leads,
- Collaboration: Create and circulate address books among your team. Collaborate with your team and see when one of the members sends a quote or email. This way, everyone can stay in the loop of things.
- Customization Options: Odoo CRM allows you to customize your dashboard and theme to match your branding. It enables you to generate custom reports and flow charts from your dashboard. And best of all, this tool allows your developers to customize the code to customize the entire software.
- Odoo CRM has no payment plans. Instead, you get the price by choosing the apps you want.
Try Odoo CRM today for free.
Best CRM Tool for Consultants Who Use G Suite
If your consultancy business revolves around G Suite, you should choose Copper as your CRM of choice since it integrates seamlessly with the platform, allowing you to run your firm from your email inbox.
Rather than piling on loads of features, Copper hones in on being excellent at managing daily work.
The eye-pleasing and intuitive nature of the app helps you to find whatever you're looking for with just a few clicks of a button.
- Voice Transcription: Copper enables you to use accurate voice transcription to log notes in-app. This feature improves overall communication as you or your team members can send clear voice notes via email and text.
- Company and Client View: Create a separate client profile for all your contacts and create many under one company. Instead of having a vague company profile, this feature enables you to add detailed information for each client.
- Mobile App: Copper has an iOS and Android app that helps you stay up-to-date wherever you are. Send contacts to your phone, log calls for later reference, get access to your information and tasks on your mobile device.
Copper offers three plans.
- The Basic plan at $25 user/month, billed yearly
- The Professional plan at $59 user/month, billed yearly
- The Business plan at $99 user/month, billed yearly
Try Copper today for free. No Credit card is required.
Best CRM System for Rapidly Growing Consulting Businesses
Accelo is a popular CRM software that consultants use to grow their businesses rapidly. The solution has a complete suite of out-of-the-box apps that help to simplify your business processes and drive staff efficiency to a higher level.
- Account Management: Accelo account records have information on businesses you transact with, and the contact records have information on people who work with you. That can create confusion. The account management feature captures and organizes info and helps manage the relationships, reducing your workload.
- Document Management: Gain access, edit, create, and share files with your clients or team members directly from the Accelo dashboard. Document management enables you to set document access and edit rights to improve security.
- Sales Forecasting: Assign targets to your team members based on future sales predictions you get from this feature. Generate detailed reports from your dashboard and compare your sales performance by visualizing targets.
Accelo offers two plans:
- The Plus plan at $24 user/month
- The Premium plan at $39 user/month
Try Accelo today for free.
Affordable CRM Tool for Freelance Consultants
HoneyBook is a comprehensive CRM solution that can perform different business functions like invoicing, project management, and payment processing.
It is a perfect choice for freelance consultants that don’t want to jump from one platform to another looking for various functionalities.
HoneyBook has a clean and intuitive dashboard that is easy to understand, which helps you plan, based on the data you see.
- Contact Management: This feature saves you a lot of time and effort by recording customers’ details such as names, addresses, phone numbers, and social media handles on your behalf.
- Employee Tracking: Track the daily activities and performance of your employees. This feature allows employees to log in and individually track their hours, meetings, tasks, goals, sales numbers, and other items. Supervisors can also log in and see what the employees are doing.
- Pipeline Management: Identify where deals are in the sales funnel by visualizing them. HoneyBook allows you to use custom color codes for multiple sales pipelines to count sales and decide which deals to prioritize and which ones to drop.
HoneyBook offers three plans:
- The Starter plan at $9/month
- The Unlimited Monthly plan at $39/month
- The Unlimited Annual plan at $390/year (17% savings)
Try HoneyBook today for free.
Best Free CRM Software for Consultants
Bitrix24 is a well-rounded, all-in-one CRM system that handles marketing campaigns, sales management and enables teams to collaborate remotely through conferences and video calls with HD sound. It also does an excellent job of managing workflows for improved project management.
- 360-Degree View of The Customer: Know your clients inside-out by getting all their information from the lead source to previous orders. Having this information makes it easy for you to find data about all bills, quotes, meetings, and prior correspondences in one place.
- Lead Generation Scoring Tool: Bitrix24 allows you to perform lead generation via multiple channels, such as phone calls, live chats, social media, and SMS, to name a few. With this tool, you can keep up-to-date with the latest developments.
- Product Level Quotes: Identify products that are not doing well and ones that are. Bitrix24 allows you to access any information you want using any type of device, be it mobile, tab or computer. Start keeping track of quotes of the different products you sell individually.
Bitrix24 offers four plans:
- The Free plan
- The Basic plan at $49/month for 5 users
- The Standard plan at $99/month for 50 users
- The Professional plan at $199/month for unlimited users
Try Bitrix24 today for free.
Best Sales CRM for Growing Consultancy Companies
Salesmate is a CRM solution for consultants who want to spend more time working with clients and less time learning to use new apps.
The software is constantly improving itself – see the mobile app improvements, new tools, and integrations that rival its competitors.
- Opportunity Management: A lead becomes an opportunity after you qualify it. If you don't nurture it, the chances that the lead will buy goes down. Manage and monitor the sales process and get vital information that will help you complete the nurturing process.
- Sales Dashboard: Add graphs, charts, and key performance indicators (KPIs) to your dashboard to instantly spot trends in your sales performance. A sales dashboard gives you a quick overview of your monthly sales results.
- Company and Client View: Create a company profile and multiple separate client profiles for each contact. Instead of having a vague company profile, you can add detailed information for each.
Salesmate offers four plans:
- The Starter plan at $12 user/month, billed annually
- The Growth plan at $24 user/month, billed annually
- The Boost plan at $40 user/month, billed annually
- For the Enterprise plan, you need to get custom pricing
Try Salesmate for free to see if it is the right CRM for your business.
11. Propeller CRM
Cheap CRM for Scaling Your Consultancy Business
Propeller CRM is a fully-fledged CRM software suite packed with relationship-building tools that can take your business to another level.
The convenient platform caters to service firms like small consultancy firms or freelancers.
- Workflow Automation: Instantly become more productive by automating your workflows. Propeller CRM can facilitate the optimization processes of data collection, data analysis, and other redundant tasks that you previously did manually.
- Role-Based Views: Restrict view or view of files on Propeller CRM based on the user's role in the organization. Role-Based Views help combat security breaches and data leaks.
- Dashboards: Any top-notch CRM tool's dashboard should allow you to customize the view to a granular level, be easy to understand, and enable you to drill down analytics to the smallest detail possible. The Propeller CRM dashboard offers you just that.
- Propeller CRM offers one plan, which costs $35 per user/month.
Try Propeller CRM today for free.
Key Features of CRM Tools for Consultants
1. Contact Management
Contact management is one of the core features of CRM software for consultants.
This feature is responsible for segmenting your contacts and helping you to stay organized.
With it, you can collect client data such as names, phone numbers, addresses, and social media handles to bolster your marketing strategies when introducing new services.
The contact management feature merges all the information you get from various channels like live chat, social media, phone, and email into one to have a 360-degree view of your clients and leads.
2. Lead Management
Lead management is one of the core capabilities of a CRM solution as it can manage and track prospective clients across lead acquisition and generation throughout the sales pipeline.
This feature enables you to determine the best clients to follow up on based on demographic and psychographic factors.
Lead management helps to improve the efficiency and productivity of your team members by focusing them on the right leads at the right time.
The feature is very critical for any CRM tool because converting a lead into a client depends on efficient communication and nurturing, which is where this feature comes in.
3. Sales Automation
Sales automation is a critical feature for CRM platforms because it simplifies interactions with your customers and makes them smoother.
This feature allows you to set up custom rules that automate the sales process.
The app can notify management when clients fill forms or when the team follows-up queries. Automation makes life easier for everybody.
4. Sales Forecasting
Sales Forecasting is one of the core features of a CRM solution for consultants as it aims to predict future sales figures or projected revenue based on present data and trends.
By comparing the actual figures to the forecast, you can see if your business is expanding or not.
You can use the data you get from this feature to fine-tune your future marketing campaigns and estimate future sales. That will help divert your attention to specific market segments to bring you optimum ROI.
All businesses are unique, so you need a CRM system that allows customizations.
Customizing features on your program allows for more in-depth recording of sales analytics, which will help your consulting business to have a clear vision of its revenue goals.
Customizations enable you to create a simple user interface that makes the workflow stress-free.
Reports help you know where your best clients are coming from and their motivation for purchasing your services.
With this feature, you can track metrics, like emails sent, the number of meetings, the number of deals closed, and quota attainment. These reports can be sent to you – daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, or yearly.
Choosing the CRM Software for Consultants
Choosing the right CRM solution may require some comparison shopping. But regardless of the tool you end up with, you're going to end up with a world-class CRM if you choose any from this post.
- If you are looking for an innovative CRM software that many consider as the best CRM tool for consultants, then Monday.com CRM is the right solution for you as it is powerful and has a low learning curve.
- If you’re more of a visual person who hates unnecessary complications, then Pipedrive is the right solution for you. It visualizes almost every data point.
- If you're looking for a legacy sales CRM powered by artificial intelligence, then Freshsales is for you. This tool leverages the power of AI to enhance relationships and close more sales.