13 Best Bluehost Alternatives of 2022 (Compared & Reviewed)
Bluehost is one of the best web hosting companies in the market today, but it’s not suitable for everyone. So, what are some suitable alternatives if Bluehost doesn’t work for you?
Below, I’ll share reviews of 13 of the best Bluehost alternatives in 2022 and my top 5 recommendations.
One of the things you need to get right when building your website is choosing a web hosting provider.
Your web hosting provider affects several aspects of your website, including your site’s speed and performance, security, uptime, search engine performance, and so much more.
If you’ve been searching for a reliable web host for your website, you’ve likely come across Bluehost, one of the best web hosting providers in the game. Bluehost is easy to use, has high-performance servers, and offers fantastic security features. Even WordPress recommends hosting your site on Bluehost.
Despite its many advantages, however, Bluehost will not automatically work for everyone. If you want a reliable web hosting service but don’t want to use Bluehost, I have compared and reviewed for you 13 of the best Bluehost alternatives that will give you excellent performance.
Before getting to the reviews, however, let’s understand why Bluehost alternatives might be a great consideration for you.
Why Look for an Alternative to Bluehost?
Here are some reasons why Bluehost might not be the most suitable for you:
- Only one data center: Bluehost only has one data center, which is located in the US. This can lead to slightly slower speeds for people visiting your site from other continents.
- No uptime guarantee: Bluehost doesn’t offer an uptime guarantee. However, they still have a very stable 99.98% uptime, so the lack of an uptime guarantee is not that big of a problem.
- Constant upsells: Bluehost has sleazy upsells during checkout. If you’re not keen, you can easily end up paying for unnecessary tools and features.
- Limited entry-level plan: Bluehost offers an affordable entry-level plan, but the plan comes with huge limitations on the number of sites, email accounts, and databases you can create.
- Poor backup options: The entry-level plan gives you very limited control over your automatic site backups.
- Subpar customer support: Bluehost outsources its customer support to contractors in India. While this is not inherently bad, there is a chance that you might encounter poorly trained customer support personnel who could give you incorrect information. Depending on the issue you’re facing, this could have costly consequences.
- Site migration fees: Bluehost will charge you website migration fees to move your site to their servers if you already have an existing site with another web host. A lot of hosting companies offer this service for free.
Best Bluehost Alternatives to Host Your Website
Here are my 13 top recommendations for the best Bluehost alternatives:
- WP Engine
- Cloudways Hosting
1. WP Engine
Premium Solution for Managed WordPress Hosting
I love WP Engine because it focuses solely on WordPress, making it the best solution if you want an advanced and integrated web hosting service for your WordPress site. It has robust architecture, strong security features, and a support team that’s very knowledgeable about WordPress.Try WP Engine
WP Engine is a premium hosting service that is exclusively dedicated to WordPress. While it doesn’t support other content management systems, it offers an advanced suite of tools for hosting and managing WordPress sites. It is also one of the fastest Bluehost alternatives. The web host powers over 1.5 million websites across 150 countries.
- Automated migration: Unlike Bluehost, WP Engine has a website migration plugin tool that enables you to migrate your site from another host in just a few clicks. You can migrate your site even if you have zero technical knowledge.
- Staging sites: This handy feature allows you to clone your site and test new changes and features on the cloned site before implementing them on your live site.
- Copy Site: If you want to build a new site similar to an existing site, you can use the Copy Site tool to replicate the site instead of building it all from scratch.
- Billing transfer: The billing transfer feature allows developers building sites for clients to transfer the billing to a client once you’re done building the website. You don’t have to worry about managing dozens of hosting accounts for different clients.
- Managed security: WP Engine takes care of all security aspects of your website, from making security updates to protecting your site from sophisticated exploits.
- Offsite backups: All your data is automatically backed up on offsite servers, so you’re guaranteed that you’ll never lose your data.
- GeoIP: This feature allows you to give your visitors a personalized user experience based on the location they’re accessing your site from.
WP Engine Pros
- Managed WordPress hosting
- Very fast server speeds
- Offers separate staging area
- World-class support by WordPress experts
- Free data backup and restore
- Fixes hacked sites at no charge
WP Engine Cons
- Very expensive compared to other hosting providers
- Doesn’t support some themes and plugins
- Doesn’t offer a free domain name
WP Engine’s hosting plans are divided into two categories, Managed WordPress and eCommerce solutions.
Under Managed WordPress, there are four plans – a Startup plan, a Professional plan, a Growth plan, and a Scale plan starting at $24, $50, $77, and $193 per month, respectively. There’s also a dedicated plan with tailored pricing.
Under the eCommerce solutions category, there’s a Startup, Professional, Growth, and Scale plan starting at $24, $50, $93, and $233 per month, respectively. There’s also a dedicated plan with custom pricing.
All plans come with a two-month money-back guarantee and a free SSL certificate.
Most Reliable All-Rounded Bluehost Alternative
SiteGround is built on premium Google Cloud Platform (GCP) infrastructure, making it the perfect web hosting service if you’re looking for a combination of speed, security, and uptime. I also love the excellent customer support that you get on SiteGround.Try SiteGround
Siteground is one of the top Bluehost alternatives for all kinds of users. It is a reliable web hosting service that gives you fast speeds, excellent uptime, and robust security features while keeping prices fairly affordable. SiteGround currently hosts over 2.8 million domains.
- Easy-to-use control panel: SiteGround has its own proprietary custom hosting dashboard that is amazingly easy to use, even if you’re new to website hosting.
- Free SSL certificates: All SiteGround plans give you a free SSL certificate. The SSL certificate comes preinstalled, so you don’t have to worry about doing it yourself, which can be a challenge for non-technical users.
- Staging tool: SiteGround gives you access to a staging environment where you can work on your website in the background and then push the changes to your live site once you’re satisfied.
- Unlimited emails: SiteGround allows you to create unlimited email accounts for free, even on their lowest plan.
- Daily backups: SiteGround keeps daily automatic backups of your website. You also have the option of making your own backups on demand.
- Super-fast servers
- Military-grade security
- 99.99% server uptime guarantee
- Has multiple data center locations
- Knowledgeable customer care agents available around the clock
- Renewal costs are significantly higher
- Comes with data storage limits
- Monthly billing attracts a $14.95 set-up fee
- The lowest plan is very limited
SiteGround has three main web hosting packages that start at $3.99, $6.69, and $10.69 per month.
Note, however, that these prices only apply on the first billing cycle. To renew, you’ll pay $14.99 per month on the Startup plan, $24.99 per month on the GrowBig plan, and $39.99 per month on the GoGeek plan.
SiteGround gives you a free SSL certificate and one-month money-back guarantee on all plans.
Most Affordable Bluehost Alternative
Hostinger offers some of the most affordable prices in the market, yet it gives you plenty of useful hosting features, bandwidth, and storage space, even for the lowest plan. This makes it a great option for small and medium websites.Try Hostinger
Hostinger is a popular Bluehost alternative best known for its highly discounted prices. Hostinger offers multiple types of web hosting, including WordPress hosting, shared hosting, VPS hosting, cloud hosting, Windows hosting, and Minecraft hosting.
- hPanel: This is Hostinger’s proprietary site management control panel. It is quite similar to Bluehost’s cPanel, but it is much easier to use, making it a good choice for new users.
- Uptime guarantee: Hostinger gives you a 99.9% uptime guarantee, so you don’t have to worry about your site going offline at an inopportune moment.
- LiteSpeed web servers: Hostinger servers deliver your website to visitors using Litespeed technology, which results in faster load times.
- Global server locations: Hostinger has seven server locations around the globe, including the UK, the US, Indonesia, Singapore, and others. You can choose a server location closer to your target audience for increased site speed and performance.
- Automatic backups: Hostinger offers free automatic backups on all plans. However, daily backups are only available on the Business plan.
- Free migration: Unlike Bluehost, Hostinger doesn’t charge for site migration. Hostinger will migrate the site for you at no extra cost if you have an existing site hosted elsewhere.
- Affordable hosting packages
- Fast servers
- Global data center locations
- Beginner-friendly hPanel
- Good uptime
- Free SSL on all plans
- Detailed knowledge base
- The entry-level plan doesn’t come with a free domain name
- Daily backup is only available on the Business plan. Other plans get weekly backups.
- Manual SSL certificate installation
- The entry-level plan comes with limited bandwidth
- Doesn’t offer a free domain name in the entry-level plan
Hostinger offers very cheap hosting plans. The Single plan starts at $1.99 per month, the Premium plan at $2.99 per month, while the Business plan starts at $4.99 per month.
When you renew, the plans cost $3.99 per month for the Single plan, $6.99 per month for the Premium plan, and $8.99 per month for the Business plan.
All plans come with a one-month money-back guarantee, but a free domain name is only available on the Premium and Business plans. A free SSL certificate is available on all plans.
Simplified All-In-One WordPress Hosting Provider
What I love most about Rocket.net’s hosting is that it comes with inbuilt Cloudflare Enterprise CDN, which caches your site to 200+ locations around the globe. This results in super-fast load times for your website, regardless of where your visitors are located.Try Rocket.net
Rocket.net is an all-in-one WordPress platform that simplifies the process of building and hosting lightning-fast, secure, and fully optimized WordPress sites.
The platform comes with all the essential tools and hosting features you need, so you don’t have to worry about installing dozens of plugins or making unending configurations.
- Cloudflare Enterprise CDN: Every Rocket.net plan comes with a free Cloudflare CDN. This automatically caches every page on your website to 200+ locations, giving your website super-fast load times across the globe.
- Mission Control: This is Rocket.net’s customized control panel, which has a very simple and intuitive user interface.
- One-click staging: With this feature, Rocket.net lets you clone your site with a single click. You can then use the cloned site to test how different themes and plugins work on your site before rolling them out on the main site.
- Security: Rocket.net puts a lot of effort into keeping your site highly secured, with multi-level firewall protection, advanced DDOS protection, and a free recovery guarantee in case your site gets hacked.
- Global CDN with 200+ caching locations
- Highly optimized WordPress hosting services
- Rocket.net is one of the fastest web hosting services
- Inbuilt web applications firewall (WAF)
- Free staging installs
- Free malware scanning and removal
- Daily backups
- Very costly compared to other top Bluehost alternatives
- Telephone support is only available on higher plans
- Very limited knowledge base
- Doesn’t offer a free domain
Being a premium managed WordPress hosting provider, Rocket.net is quite expensive compared to other Bluehost alternatives. It offers Starter, Pro, Business, and Enterprise plans starting at $30, $60, $100, and $200 per month.
All plans come with free CDN, free SSL certificate, web application firewall, and free staging installs. You also get a one-month money-back guarantee on all plans.
Simple, Easy-To-Use Bluehost Alternative With Great Performance
DreamHost offers several products, but what stands out to me is DreamPress, their dedicated managed WordPress hosting solution. DreamPress gives you access to high-performance cloud servers while keeping everything swift and simple to maintain.Try DreamHost
DreamHost is a great alternative to Bluehost for beginners looking for an affordable web hosting service that is reliable and easy to use. DreamHost has so much trust in their services that they offer an industry-leading 97-day money-back guarantee.
- Advanced, easy-to-use panel: DreamHost has its own native control panel that gives you access to advanced features while remaining simple and easy to use. It makes it easy to find what you need but gives you all the necessary tools to power your site at full throttle.
- Free site builder: If you’re building a WordPress website, DreamHost gives you a free WordPress-focused website builder that new and advanced WordPress users will find very handy.
- Free privacy protection: DreamHost cares about your personal data, so they don’t charge you any extra fees to protect your personal information.
- Unlimited storage and bandwidth: All DreamHost plans come with unlimited disk space and unmetered bandwidth, enabling it to effortlessly handle any amount of traffic thrown at it.
- Fast SSD storage: DreamHost uses fast solid-state disks on its servers, which results in faster caching and faster database responses. You’ll never have to worry about speed-induced bounce on your site.
- 10% uptime guarantee: Unlike Bluehost, which doesn’t offer an uptime guarantee, DreamHost offers a 100% uptime guarantee. To ensure that your site will never experience downtime, DreamHost has multiple data center locations, emergency generators, redundant cooling, and constant server monitoring.
- Unlimited data transfer and storage
- User-friendly control panel
- Affordable and inclusive plans
- 97-day money-back guarantee
- Excellent server performance
- 100% uptime guarantee
- Free domain on all hosting packages
- No cPanel
- Doesn’t offer phone support
- Lacks some advanced features
DreamHost has two shared hosting plans, a Shared Starter and a Shared Unlimited plan starting at $2.95 per month if you go for the 1-year plan. The plans renew at $6.99 and $12.99 per month, respectively.
Notably, the Shared Starter plan will cost you just $1.99 per month if you pay monthly, but this price is only available during the first month.
Both plans have a 97-day money-back guarantee.
High-Quality Managed WordPress Host
Kinsta is yet another alternative to Bluehost that provides managed WordPress services.
One of the things that makes Kinsta a suitable Bluehost replacement is that it offers some features that you won’t find on Bluehost, such as 20+ global data centers. Kinsta also gives you excellent performance and great customer assistance.
- Fast infrastructure: Kinsta is built on Google Cloud Platform (GCP), which has 29 data centers across the globe. By choosing data centers near your audience, you can minimize distance and hops, resulting in faster site speeds.
- Weekly automatic database optimization: Kinsta automatically optimizes your site once a week, improving performance.
- Robust security: Kinsta takes your site security seriously, with multiple security features like SSH and SFTP connections, 2-factor authentication, free SSL, and Cloudflare DDoS protection. Kinsta also gives you a hack-free guarantee and a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- Kinsta APM: This is Kinsta’s application performance monitoring tool, which constantly monitors your site and notifies you if it detects performance issues. With Kinsta APM, you don’t have to spend hours debugging your site.
- Free migration: If you want to transfer your site from another host, Kinsta has a skilled migration team who will handle the migration for you free of charge.
- High-performance unlimited CDN: Kinsta has HTTP/3-enabled Cloudflare CDN that enables faster, more secure, and more reliable content delivery.
- Premium customer support: Kinsta has a highly-skilled customer support team available around the clock. Chat support is available in 5 different languages, while the knowledge base is available in 10 languages.
- Powered by GCP, resulting in higher speeds and better security
- Free unlimited site migrations
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- Multi-user environment that supports collaboration on sites
- Daily automatic backups
- Awesome technical support
- Costly plans
- Puts a limit on CDN, storage, and monthly visits
- Doesn’t offer free email hosting
- Doesn’t support other CMS
Kinsta offers ten different hosting plans. The cheapest plan starts at $35 per month, while the highest plan starts at $1,650 per month.
Kinsta has a 2-month discount if you opt to pay annually rather than monthly. A one-month money-back guarantee is available on all ten plans.
Scalable, Eco-Friendly Web Hosting
GreenGeeks is a fast and scalable hosting provider that focuses on giving you great performance while at the same time protecting the environment.
GreenGeeks matches every unit of electricity used to keep your site running with three renewable energy units. The web host also plants a tree for every website hosted on GreenGeeks.
Despite the focus on environmental conservation, GreenGeeks is very reliable, with fast page speeds, amazing site performance, and great security.
- Scalable RAM: Unlike most web hosting providers who only give you more RAM if you upgrade to a higher plan, GreenGeeks allows you to scale up your RAM to handle traffic spikes without upgrading to a higher plan.
- Isolated accounts: While GreenGeeks offers shared hosting, your hosting account is completely isolated from other accounts sharing the same server, so your resources can’t be used by someone else. Similarly, a security breach on another site on the same server won’t affect your site.
- Unlimited bandwidth, storage, and domains: GreenGeeks gives you unlimited disk space, unmetered bandwidth, and unlimited websites on the Pro and Premium plans. On the entry-level plan, you only get unlimited bandwidth and unlimited databases.
- cPanel and Softaculous: GreenGeeks uses the industry-leading cPanel control panel paired with Softaculous, which allows you to install 250+ scripts with a single click.
- Unlimited sub and parked domains: You can create as many subdomains as you want and park as many domains as you want on all plans.
- Free drag and drop builder: GreenGeeks comes with an easy-to-use WYSIWYG website builder that makes it possible for anyone to build a professional-looking website, even if you have no previous experience with design or coding.
- Good for the environment
- Multiple data centers
- Great live chat support
- Unlimited email hosting on all plans
- Daily backups
- Free optimization to improve your site performance
- Uses cPanel and Softaculous
- Free domain for the first year
- Doesn’t offer 24/7 phone support
- Questionable refund policy
GreenGeeks has a Lite, Pro, and Premium plan starting at $2.95, $5.95, and $10.95 per month. However, these prices are only available for the first term. The plans renew at $10.05, $15.05, and $25.05 per month.
Besides shared hosting, GreenGeeks has separate hosting plans for WordPress hosting, VPS hosting, and reseller hosting.
GreenGeeks offers a one-month money-back guarantee and a free domain name on all plans.
Best For Personal Websites
GoDaddy is one of the most popular web hosting companies and domain registrars. Founder in 1997, it is also one of the first companies to get into web hosting.
GoDaddy is best known for its simplicity. The platform doesn’t promise to give you advanced web hosting tools and features. Instead, it offers all the basic tools you need and keeps everything simple enough. This makes it a suitable option for non-techy users building their personal websites.
- Easy to use: GoDaddy has a well-structured native user interface that is very easy to navigate. GoDaddy also allows you to switch to cPanel if you’re more comfortable with its interface.
- Global data centers: Data centers located in Europe, North America, and Asia-Pacific enable you to deliver a better visitor experience and faster page load speeds regardless of where your visitors are.
- GoDaddy SSL certificate: GoDaddy has a very secure SSL certificate that’s trusted by most browsers in the market. Unfortunately, this SSL certificate is only available for free on GoDaddy’s highest plan.
- 150+ 1-click installs: GoDaddy supports over 150 free apps and CMS platforms such as WordPress and Joomla, which you can install with just one click.
- NVme SSDs: GoDaddy servers run on Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) Solid State Drives (SSDs) that deliver up to 40% speed improvements compared to regular servers. This makes GoDaddy capable of handling even the most resource-intensive websites.
- 99.9% uptime guarantee: GoDaddy promises that they’ll keep your site online 99.9% of the time. If they cannot uphold this promise, they offer discounts to compensate for the downtime.
- Easy to use interface
- Global data centers
- Unmetered bandwidth on all plans
- Free Microsoft 365 mailboxes on all plans except the lowest plan
- Doesn’t offer free daily backups
- Poor customer support
- SSL certificate is only available on the highest plan
- A free domain name is only available on the highest plan
GoDaddy has four hosting plans starting at $3.99, $5.99, $7.99, and $12.99 per month. However, these are introductory prices that are only available if you purchase a 3-year plan. The plans renew at $3.99, $8.99, $11.99, and $16.99 per month.
GoDaddy offers a one-month money-back guarantee if you purchase the 1-year (or longer) plans.
Super-Fast Hosting For WordPress
WPX is one of the fastest WordPress hosting platforms in the market. In addition to fast load times, WPX is also known for its excellent customer support. While their prices are not very affordable, this is expected with any premium managed WordPress hosting provider.
- WPX Cloud: This is WPX’s proprietary content delivery network that has 26 global edge locations. WPX Cloud CDN allows you to deliver fast load times to all your target audience regardless of their location.
- Testing area: WPX has a testing area where you can safely run experiments and test various changes without the risk of breaking down your live site.
- Modern servers: WPX has invested in modern servers that are guaranteed to give you excellent speeds, even for websites with lots of plugins and images.
- Daily site backups: WPX keeps your site protected by making a daily backup of your website. The backups are stored on separate servers for a generous 28 days. You also can create manual backups, which is useful when you want to make big changes to your website.
- Free malware detection: WPX scans your site for malware daily and removes any detected malware, reducing the chances of your site getting hacked.
- Excellent customer support: WPX has highly-skilled and eager-to-help support agents who will respond to your queries in as little as 30 seconds and resolve your issue within minutes.
- Super-fast load times
- Great support provided by WordPress experts
- Free site speed optimization
- Free fixes if your site is down
- Free site migration
- Simple user interface
- A bit expensive compared to other Bluehost alternatives
- Free site migration is only available within 24 hours of purchasing a hosting plan
- Doesn’t offer phone support
WPX is a bit more expensive compared to most web hosting providers. It offers three plans starting at $20.83, $41.58, and $83.25 per month. You get a 2-month discount if you go for the annual plan.
WPX offers a one-month money-back guarantee on all plans.
Managed Cloud Hosting Solution
Cloudways is one of the best Bluehost alternatives for managed cloud hosting services. This means that Cloudways stores your site data in cloud servers, rather than physical servers. Cloud hosting gives you better security while making it easier to scale your site since you don’t share your resources with other websites.
Cloudways also allows experienced webmasters to choose between different infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) providers for hosting your site. Available options include Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google, Vultr, and DigitalOcean.
- Cloudflare enterprise CDN: Cloudways has a pre-installed Cloudflare Enterprise CDN, which delivers faster speeds than traditional content delivery networks.
- Auto-healing servers: With Cloudways’ auto-healing cloud servers, you don’t have to worry about server issues causing your site to crash. Whenever the servers detect an issue, they automatically restart to resolve the issue.
- Dedicated resources: Cloudways hosts your site on a dedicated server environment. This lets you maximize your site’s performance without worrying about other users hogging your resources.
- Image and mobile optimization: The Cloudflare Enterprise has an add-on that provides one-click mobile and image optimization, allowing you to create mobile responsive websites with faster load times and a better user experience on all screen sizes.
- 1-click free SSL installation: Unlike other hosting providers, where you need technical expertise to install an SSL certificate, Cloudflare makes the process simple with 1-click installation. What’s more, you get the SSL certificate for free.
- Strong security: Cloudways has OS-level firewalls protecting their servers against malicious traffic. Cloudways also protects your site from DDoS attacks and brute force login attacks, giving you peace of mind as you build your website.
Cloudways Hosting Pros
- Supports vertical scaling
- Highly optimized cloud hosting
- High-performance servers
- Supports WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento, WooCommerce, and Prestashop
- Host unlimited websites
- One-click deployment
- Free 3-day trial
Cloudways Hosting Cons
- Not suitable for beginners
- Doesn’t provide root access
- Doesn’t support cPanel of Plesk
- Very limited free trial
Cloudways pricing will vary depending on your IaaS platform of choice and whether you want a standard or premium plan.
If you want to host your site on DigitalOcean, Linode, or Vultr, prices range from $10 to $100 per month. If you host your site on AWS or Google Cloud, prices range between $33.18 and $274.33 per month.
Cloudways Hosting offers a 3-day free trial, but the trial is not available for AWS hosting.
Cheap Web Hosting For Personal Projects
iPage is a simple, affordable, and reliable web hosting provider that has been in operation since 1998. It gives you access to an intelligent website builder and $200 worth of free ad credits. However, iPage has very limited features, making it a great choice if you’re only looking for cheap hosting for a personal project.
- Intelligent builder: iPage has an intelligent builder that does all the work for you. The builder asks you a few questions about the kind of website you want to build and then creates a personalized, mobile-friendly website within a couple of seconds. This means anyone can build a website with iPage, regardless of their skill level.
- Search engine ad credits: When you sign up for iPage hosting, you get $200 worth of ad credits. You can use these credits to promote your new website on Google, Bing, and other search engines.
- Unlimited email addresses: iPage doesn’t limit the number of email addresses you can create under your domain. The emails come with email forwarding, autoresponders, POP3/IMAP accounts, and virus checking.
- Unlimited domains: You can host unlimited domains on your iPage account. You can also create unlimited subdomains.
- Ecommerce functionality: iPage comes with inbuilt ecommerce functionality which allows you to easily set up an online store on your website. The iPage online store comes with an easy 1-click installer for several popular scripts, support for various shopping carts, PayPal integration, and email marketing integration.
- Site analytics: iPage allows you to directly track and monitor your site traffic and performance from your web hosting account.
- Affordable and straightforward pricing
- One-click WordPress installs
- Unlimited disk space and bandwidth
- Reliable server uptime
- Free website builder
- SSD storage
- Modern-looking control panel
- High renewal prices
- Slow server speeds
- Poor customer assistance
- Poor backups
- Aggressive upsells
- Doesn’t offer free website migration
- Doesn’t offer cPanel
iPage has very straightforward pricing, with only one plan for their shared hosting. The plan costs $1.99 per month if you go for the 36-month contract. If you opt for the 12-month plan, the price rises to $2.99 per month. iPage doesn’t offer monthly billing options.
The web hosting service offers two separate WordPress hosting plans costing $3.75 and $6.95 per month. All iPage plans come with a one-month money-back guarantee.
12. Liquid Web
Best for Large-Scale Projects
Liquid Web is the best alternative to Bluehost for those looking for a high-end premium web hosting service offering a wide range of hosting solutions.
Liquid Web mainly focuses on dedicated servers, VPS hosting, and managed WordPress hosting. This makes it better than Bluehost if you’re building large projects that require powerful servers and dedicated resources. Liquid Web doesn’t offer shared hosting.
Liquid Web uses Nexcess, a high-performance cloud platform that gives you increased performance, security, and versatility for its managed hosting solutions.
- 3 control panels: Unlike most other web hosting providers, which only offer you one control panel, Liquid Web allows you to choose between three control panels – cPanel, Plesk, and InterWorx. This gives you the freedom to work with a control panel you’re well-versed in.
- Robust security: Liquid Web has several security features to keep your site well protected, including free SSL certificates, standard DDoS protection, integrated firewalls, daily backups, dedicated IPs, and more.
- Ecommerce integration: If you want to set up an online shop on your site, Liquid Web offers Magento Cloud and Managed WooCommerce. Both offer exceptional performance, even under heavy traffic, so they’re suitable for building large-scale ecommerce sites.
- 100% uptime guarantee: Liquid Web gives you a 100% uptime guarantee, which you are unlikely to find with other web hosting services. If your site ever goes down, even for a few minutes, Liquid Web will compensate you for it.
Liquid Web Pros
- All plans come with free GlobalSign SSL certificates
- Powerful, high-end servers
- SSDs on all servers
- Free email accounts
- 100% uptime guarantee
- Free website migration
- Great performance even under heavy traffic
Liquid Web Cons
- Doesn’t offer a free domain name
- A bit technical for new users
- The knowledgebase is challenging to navigate
Liquid Web has seven hosting plans for Managed WordPress, with prices ranging between $13.30 and $699.30 per month.
There is separate pricing for Liquid Web’s other products, which include dedicated server hosting, VPS hosting, cloud dedicated hosting, VMware private cloud, reseller hosting, and private VPS parent server hosting.
Best Bluehost Alternative For Small Businesses
HostGator is another highly popular alternative to Bluehost that has been in the game for about two decades and currently hosts over 2 million websites.
HostGator provides you with all the tools you need to build a simple, professional website while keeping its prices affordable. This makes it a suitable option for small businesses that want to set up simple business websites.
- Easy to use: HostGator has its own native control panel that’s pretty easy to use. However, it also has cPanel integration for those who prefer the popular control panel.
- Gator Builder: All HostGator plans give you access to Gator Builder, HostGator’s a very easy-to-use and intuitive site builder that’s ideal for building small websites.
- Site security: HostGator has many features to keep your site and visitors protected, including a free SSL certificate, brand reputation protection, defense against malicious attacks, and automatic malware scanning and removal.
- Unlimited storage and bandwidth: All hosting plans come with unlimited space and bandwidth, so you don’t have to worry about limiting the files on your site or spikes in traffic.
- Beginner-friendly control panel
- Free website builder
- Affordable plans
- Daily site backups
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- $150 worth of Google Ads credit
- Install WordPress with a single click
- High renewal prices
- Annoying upsells
- Limited features
- Doesn’t provider staging areas
HostGator offers three shared hosting plans – a Hatchling plan starting at $2.75 per month, a Baby plan starting at $3.50 per month, and a Business plan starting at $5.25 per month. However, these prices only apply on the first billing cycle. All plans come with a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Bluehost Alternatives FAQ
The best Bluehost plan for you will depend on your needs. A shared hosting plan will work just fine if you’re building a small website for personal or business needs.
However, if you’re building a large-scale website that will attract lots of traffic, you’re better off with a VPS hosting plan. If you want to build an online store, I recommend using a WooCommerce hosting plan.
Some of the disadvantages of using Bluehost include:
– Renewal prices are significantly higher than the introductory prices
– If you’re building a site with huge requirements, you might have to get add-on features and upgrades, which can be quite costly.
– It doesn’t offer free website migration
– Bluehost offers a very limited entry-level plan
– Bluehost constantly targets you with upsells, which can get annoying
Bluehost is one of the largest and most popular web hosting services globally. It is part of a corporation known as Endurance International Group (EIG), which owns several other web hosting services. Currently, there are over 2 million websites hosted on Bluehost.
Bluehost shared hosting plans range between $2.95 and $13.95 per month during your first billing cycle, and $9.99 to $28.99 per month when you’re renewing.
For dedicated hosting, the plans range from $79.99 to $199.99 per month. Bluehost also offers VPS hosting, with prices ranging between $19.99 and $59.99 per month.
The best Bluehost alternative for shared hosting is Siteground. Siteground offers excellent performance, strong security features, and great uptime, all at an affordable price.
Hostinger is the best Bluehost alternative for VPS hosting. It gives you NVMe SSD storage, a 100Mbps network, full root access, and dedicated IPv6 block infrastructure, all at an affordable price. Hostinger VPS hosting plans start at just $2.99 per month.
Choosing The Best Bluehost Alternative
Bluehost is undoubtedly one of the best hosting providers, but, understandably, it won’t work for everyone. If it doesn’t work for you for some reason, I have shared 13 of the best Bluehost alternatives you can consider.
All these Bluehost alternatives have their advantages and downsides, and therefore, like Bluehost, they won’t work for everyone. The best Bluehost replacement for you will depend on the kind of website you want to build and its requirements.
Even with that in mind, however, here are my 5 top recommendations for the best Bluehost alternatives:
If you still need further information before deciding which Bluehost competitor works best for you, here are some more reviews and comparison articles for you to check out: