GoDaddy Pricing – Which Plan is Right For You in 2022?
Launched in 1997, GoDaddy is one of the oldest and most popular web hosting companies. GoDaddy is the no. 1 domain provider in the world, and known for offering lots of hosting plans. No matter what type of website you have, there is a GoDaddy plan for you.
If you are looking for a reliable pricing guide for GoDaddy, this post is for you. Besides providing information about the pricing plans, we will discuss the best alternatives to GoDaddy, and answer some frequently asked questions about the platform.
GoDaddy Pricing Plans Comparison
GoDaddy offers six types of hosting services, and most of them have four pricing plans. That means, the platform is a one-stop shop for all types of hosting needs. Below we are going to discuss all types of hosting services and their pricing plans:
For web hosting, GoDaddy has four pricing plans: Economy, Deluxe, Ultimate, and Maximum. Their prices are as follow:
- Economy: If you need to host a small business website, the Economy plan may be a good option for you. For the first three years, the Economy plan costs $5.99 per month. And after that period, the renewal price is $8.99 per month.
- Deluxe: If you need to host multiple websites, the Deluxe plan is for you. Deluxe costs $7.99 for the first three years. After that, the renewal price is $11.99 per month.
- Ultimate: It costs 12.99 with a 3 year-term. After 3 years, the renewal price is $16.99 per month.
- Maximum: $19.99 per month for the first three years. The renewal price is $24.99 per month.
GoDaddy has four pricing plans for WordPress hosting. Here they are:
- Basic: The basic plan is for those who are just getting started. It costs $6.99 per month. After the first three years, the plan costs $9.99 per month.
- Deluxe: This plan comes with an integrated SEO wizard that can help you get more visitors. The plan costs $9.99 per month for the first 3 years. After that period, the renewal price is $14.99 per month.
- Ultimate: Ultimate provides more storage and security and allows you to add online marketing. It costs $12.99 per month for the first 36 months. Its renewal price is $19.99 per month.
- Ecommerce: The Ecommerce plan is for those who want to set up full-featured online stores quickly. If you are running your business with a focus on real prosperity, this plan may be the best option for you. With a three-year term, the plan costs $15.99 per month. Its renewal price is $24.99 per month.
WordPress Ecommerce Hosting
GoDaddy offers managed WordPress Ecommerce hosting that allows you to build stores with more than 75 extensions. It has only one plan that costs $15.99 per month. And when you renew the plan, you will be charged $24.99 per month.
There are four pricing plans for GoDaddy’s Business Hosting. Here they are:
- Launch: The Launch plan is for those who need to host multiple basic sites. It costs $19.99 per month, and its renewal price is $29.99 per month.
- Enhance: This plan is intended for high-traffic WordPress sites. It costs only $34.99 per month. However, when you renew the plan, you will have to pay $49.99 per month.
- Grow: The Grow plan is for advanced eCommerce sites. Its regular price is $44.99 per month, and renewal price is $69.99 per month.
- Expand: This plan for resource-heavy sites such as photography sites. It costs $59.99 per month. Its renewal price is $99.99 per month.
GoDaddy is a well-known provider of virtual private server hosting. The platform has four plans. They are available in Standard RAM and High RAM.
- 1 vCPU: With standard RAM, this plan offers 1 GB RAM, 1 CPU Core, and 20 GB SSD storage. It costs $4.99 per month. And with High RAM, the plan will give you 2 GB RAM and 40 GB SSD Storage. The price is $9.99 per month.
- 2 vCPU: With Standard RAM, this plan offers 4 GB Ram, 2 CPU Cores, and 100 GB SSD storage. The price is $19.99 per month. With High RAM, you will get 8 GB RAM and 100 GB SSD storage for $29.99 per month.
- 4 vCPU: If you choose Standard RAM, you will get 4 CPU cores, 200 GB SSD Storage and 8 GB RAM with the plan. The price is $39.99 per month. And if you choose High RAM, the plan will offer 16 GB RAM and 200 GB SSD storage for $49.99 per month.
- 8 vCPU: This plan is for huge websites. If you are working with a focus on gaining abundance, the 8 vCPU plan may be the right choice for you. With Standard RAM, this plan costs $69.99 per month, and offers 8 CPU cores, 400 GB SSD storage, and 16 GB RAM. And if you choose High RAM the plan will cost $99.99 per month. For this price you will get 32 GB RAM and 400 GB SSD storage.
No matter which plan you purchase, you will get continued discounts when you renew your plan.
GoDaddy is one of the best dedicated web hosting services. There are four pricing plans for dedicated server hosting. You can choose to host your server in either HDD or SSD. Here are the plans:
- DS-32: If you choose HDD, this plan costs $129.99 per month. With this plan you get 2 x 4 TB HDD Storage and 32 GB DDR4 RAM. And if you choose SSD NVMe, which is up to 25 times faster than HDD, the DS-32 plan will cost $139.99 per month.
- DS-64: With HDD hosting, this plan costs $169.99 per month. It comes with 2 x 4 TB HDD Storage and 64 GB DDR4 RAM. And with the SSD NVMe hosting, the price is $179.99 per month. For this price you will get 2 x 500 GB SSD Storage (RAID-1)
- DS-128: With HDD, the DS-128 plan costs $299.99 per month. It comes with a 2 x 8 TB HDD Storage (RAID-1) and 128 GB RAM. And if you choose SSD NVMe, the price will be $319.99 per month. For this price you will get a 2 x 1 TB SSD Storage (RAID-1).
- DS-256: This plan is intended for huge dedicated servers. If you choose HDD, the price is $399.99 per month. The plan offers a 2 x 8 TB HDD Storage (RAID-1) and 256 GB DDR4 RAM. And with SSD NVMe, the price will go up to $419.99 per month and you will get a 2 x 1 TB SSD Storage (RAID-1)
Overview of GoDaddy Features
GoDaddy offers four plans for web hosting, and these plans are intended for websites of different types and sizes.
The Economy plan, which costs only $5.99 per month, offers pretty standard features such as 1 website, standard performance, unmetered bandwidth, 100 GB storage, free 1-click WordPress install, 10 databases, a free domain, and a free Microsoft 365 email (for the first year). The Economy plan may be a good choice for launching a blog.
The Deluxe plan includes all the features available with the Economy plan. There are also some additional features such as unlimited storage, unlimited websites, and 25 databases.
The Ultimate plan offers more features. Apart from the features that come with the Deluxe plan, the Ultimate plan offers unlimited databases, increased processing power, and a free SSL certificate.
Then comes the Maximum plan, which is the most expensive of the four plans. It includes all the features available with the Ultimate plan, and some additional features such as increased processing and speed, and free SSL certificates for all your websites.
GoDaddy is one of the best WordPress web hosting services. For WordPress hosting, GoDaddy has four pricing plans.
Before we go into the features that come with each plan, let’s take a look at the features that are common to all the four plans:
- Domain ($4.99/yr value)
- SSL Certificate for duration of hosting ($94.99/yr value)
- Business email ($23.88/yr value) – 1st year
The Basic plan, which costs $6.99 per month, offers pretty good features that can help you get started. These features include 30 GB storage, Website backup protection with 1-click restore, infrastructure for up to 25K monthly visitors, and Automatic daily malware scans.
The Deluxe plan comes with an integrated SEO wizard that can help you get more visitors. Its features include 75 GB storage, automatic daily malware scans, website backup protection, 1-click testing site, and SEO optimizer. This plan is suitable for websites with up to 100K monthly visitors.
The Ultimate plan offers more storage and security. Apart from the features that come with the Deluxe plan, the Ultimate plan offers some great features such as unlimited visitors, unlimited storage, and unlimited malware removal and hack repair. You can make changes from the control panel, which is fairly easy to use.
Ecommerce is the most expensive of the four plans, and it comes with some great extra features such as unlimited products for your eCommerce store, GoDaddy Payments, Appointment Scheduling, free WooCommerce extensions, and real-time shopping rates.
If you need to set up a full-featured online store quickly, the Ecommerce plan may be the best option for you.
WordPress Ecommerce Hosting
With its WordPress Ecommerce Hosting, GoDaddy offers plenty of opportunities to expand your online store. You can use 10,000 themes and more than 50,000 WordPress plug-ins for near-infinite flexibility.
GoDaddy also gives you many free WooCommerce extensions. With these extensions, your online store can be customized as per your business needs.
WordPress Ecommerce Hosting gives you everything you need to set up your store in the shortest possible time. You will also get an SEO optimization tool, a domain, and daily backups. WooCommerce can be integrated with any service, in part because it is an open-source platform.
GoDaddy offers four types of business hosting plans intended for different types of websites. Let’s take a look at them.
The first plan, Launch, is suitable for multiple basic sites. It is available for only $19.99 per month. For this price you will get 2 GB RAM, 60 GB storage, unlimited websites and databases, 1 CPU, and free SSL certificates for all your websites. With a pre-installed payments platform, you will get paid fast.
The Enhance plan offers pretty much the same features, but for larger websites. The features include 4 GB RAM, 90 GB storage, and 2 CPUs.
If you are running an advanced eCommerce site, the Grow plan, which costs $44.99 per month, may be a good option for you. Its features include 120 GB storage, 3 CPUs, and 6 GB RAM.
The last plan, Expand, is for resource-heavy sites that contain short video clips and photos. If you are a professional photographer selling stock photos on your website, you may find this plan convenient. Its features include 150 GB storage, 4 CPUs, and 8 GB RAM.
GoDaddy’s VPS hosting is popular because it offers high performance, defense and extra flexibility. Compared to shared hosting, VPS hosting offers elevated bandwidth and resources. As a result, you enjoy limitless traffic and faster loading time.
GoDaddy offers four VPS hosting plans starting at just $4.99 per month. The four plans are 1 vCPU, 2 vCPU, 4 vCPU and 8 vCPU.
The 1 vCPU plan comes with 1 CPU core, 20 GB SSD storage, and 1 GB RAM. You can also get 2 GB RAM and 40 GB SSD storage, but in that case the price will jump from $4.99 to $9.99 per month.
The second plan, 2 vCPU offers 2 CPU cores, 100 GB SSD storage and 4 GB RAM. If you want 8 GB RAM and 100 GB SSD storage, you will have to pay $29.99 per month.
The third plan, 4 vCPU, comes with 4 CPU cores, 200 GB SSD storage, and 8 GB RAM. Typically, this plan costs $39.99 per month. However, if you want 16 GB RAM and 200 GB SSD storage, the plan will cost $49.99 per month.
8 vCPU is the last of GoDaddy’s VPS hosting plans, and it costs $69.99 per month. It comes with 8 CPU cores, 400 GB SSD storage, and 16 GB RAM. However, if you pay $99.99 per month, you will get 32 GB RAM and 400 GB SSD storage.
If you want complete control over your server, GoDaddy’s dedicated server hosting can be a great option for you. In fact, GoDaddy is the most famous of all dedicated web hosting services.
There are four plans for GoDaddy’s dedicated server hosting: DS-32, DS-64, DS-128, and DS-256 that come with respectively 32 GB, 64 GB, 128 GB and 256 GB DDR4 RAM. GoDaddy allows you to choose between HDD and SSD hosting.
All of these four plans include:
- Bare metal servers
- State-of-the-art tech
- Option to choose SSD or HDD
- Expert dedicated hosting support
- Built-in security
- Easy-to-use control panel
- Reliable uptime
- Free SSL certificates
There is a plan for every type of website. Whether you need a small storage capacity or a huge one, there is a plan for you.
Pros of using GoDaddy
Godaddy is a reliable hosting company with pretty affordable pricing plans. There are some other reasons for the wild popularity of this web hosting company. Let’s take a look at the pros of using GoDaddy:
1. Easy setup
GoDaddy understands that a typical user wants to set up a website in the shortest possible time. That is why the company has put a lot of emphasis on user-friendliness. Whether you want to host a personal website or a professional one, you do not need technical skills to set up your website.
The entire process of setting up your website will feel effortless. You will not feel confused because there is an easy-to-understand, step-by-step guide. The process is pretty straightforward, so you will not end up wasting time.
In their onboarding process, there is a one-click install option intended for novice users.
In short, GoDaddy makes it super easy to get a website up and running. All the options are designed to be intuitive, so there is no space for confusion.
2. Data Centers in Europe, America and Asia
GoDaddy already has data centers in three continents, and is planning to build another in India. That means, the company has infrastructure to provide coverage for a wide audience. As a hosting service provider, godaddy is impressively fast. Of course, to some extent, the distance of the data centre near you is a factor.
If it is not far, you will enjoy an amazing speed. But if the data centre is not exactly close to you, the speed will still be decent.
In some regions, the speed is not great. But in the near future, things will get better. Here is the good thing. The key is to select a data center that is closer to you. You will enjoy a good loading speed. If you are farther away from the data centre, you will have to deal with a slightly sluggish speed.
3. Great Uptime
If you are running an eCommerce store, a good server uptime is important for you. Whether you are building your personal brand or selling products manufactured by other companies, you will have to make sure that your site is always available.
If your site is continuously down, you are bound to lose your customers. You will look unprofessional and people will lose interest in your site. To some extent, the ranking of your site also depends on uptime.
The good news is, GoDaddy offers a guarantee of 99.9% uptime. That means, if you choose godaddy you will not have to deal with server downtimes.
4. Office 365 Email, Free Domain, Webmail, And More!
Who doesn’t like freebies? GoDaddy’s hosting plans come with many benefits and perks including Office 365 Email, security features like virus and spam protection, SSH access and free webmail.
All shared hosting customers get free domains. That is really noteworthy, because domain names can be expensive. Although it is available only for the first year, one year of free domain is not a joke.
Cons of Using GoDaddy
GoDaddy is considered one of the best web hosting services. However, the platform still has some drawbacks. Here are some cons of using GoDaddy:
1. Customer Support Could Be Better
The process of installing a GoDaddy site is fast. But if you have issues, resolving them can take time. There is no live support. If you submit a trouble ticket, you may have to wait for 48 hours to receive a response.
The follow-up responses also take time. That means, if the issue is not resolved with one response, you will have to wait for a response again.
2. Restoration Fees
While most hosting service providers restore websites without charging a fee, GoDaddy charges a restoration fee. In some cases, the fee can be as high as $300. As a result, you will always have to worry about keeping the site exactly the way it is.
3. Relatively Slow Internal Speeds
GoDaddy is huge. The nature of a hosting service is more or less like a broadband connection. If there are many users, the speed gets slower. The bad thing with GoDaddy is, the slower speeds are becoming the norm.
4. No Software Speedboost
GoDaddy does not offer any tool to boost site load speed. These days, even some cheap web hosting services offer software solutions that help boost site load speed. GoDaddy is compatible with PHP7.4, but the platform does not offer any additional setups or software. For many users, it can be a bit of disappointment.
5. Lots of Upsells
During the signup process, there are upsells that have already made GoDaddy somewhat infamous. It is obvious that GoDaddy wants to increase the final price because the initial plan prices are very low. GoDaddy just wants you to get a longer plan.
Best Alternatives to GoDaddy
Best GoDaddy Alternative for Beginners
One of the most well-known web hosting companies, Bluehost is known for offering affordable, fast and reliable services.
Many former users of GoDaddy are currently using Bluehost, and there are multiple reasons for this shift. One of the reasons is that Bluehost has some great pricing plans for WordPress sites.
Bluehost is as feature-rich as GoDaddy, and offers better value for your money.
When it comes to migrating your site, Bluehost has an edge over GoDaddy. Bluehost’s team of experts will do everything for you, and the process is quick. WordPress migration is free, which is another plus for Bluehost.
Best GoDaddy Alternative for Business Websites
SiteGround is a top hosting company, and considered one of the best GoDaddy alternatives. WordPress officially recommends some hosting service providers, and SiteGround is one of them.
In terms of customer support, SiteGround has more to offer than GoDaddy. It offers technical support via live chat, phone and email.
SiteGround is also known for offering free SSL certificates, website migration, and more.
The company has data centers in multiple geographic regions, and you are allowed to select your data center.
SiteGround’s control panel is more feature-rich and intuitive. It has plenty of tools that can be used to migrate, manage and run your website.
This hosting is faster than GoDaddy. It is better for eCommerce and business websites. The interface is easier for beginners. You can use the website management tools even if you have no prior experience.
3. WP Engine
Best GoDaddy Alternative for WordPress Websites
WP Engine is another better alternative to GoDaddy. The platform is known for offering convenient ways to deploy and manage your sites.
This platform takes pride in its state of the art infrastructure. Thanks to the robust infrastructure, you can easily scale your requirements. Whether you need to host a small business website or a huge one, you will find WP Engine pretty convenient.
By taking care of backups and updates, WP Engine allows you to focus on things that are more important to you.
Unlike GoDaddy, this platform has speed-enhancing features.
When it comes to file storage and transfer, WP Engine has an edge over GoDaddy. In this regard, WP Engine’s standout feature is LargeFS, which allows you to enjoy almost unlimited storage.
While GoDaddy offers security features only with the top-priced plans, WP Engine takes this aspect very seriously. On WP Engine, security is an add-on, and you can purchase it during the checkout process. Its security features include malware scanning, firewalls, brute-force attack prevention, and intrusion detection.
WP Engine is also known for offering better customer support than GoDaddy.
GoDaddy Pricing FAQ
If you want to host just one website with the Economy plan, it will cost $5.99 per month for the first 3 years. After that 3-year period, the price will jump to $8.99 per month. The Deluxe plan costs $7.99 per month, and allows you to host unlimited websites. However, if you have more requirements, there are plenty of other pricing plans to choose from.
GoDaddy is a highly reputable domain service provider. The company offers tons of web storage, and the overall performance is good. Its interface is pretty intuitive and beginner-friendly. However, GoDaddy lacks backups, and its customer support could be better.
GoDaddy is not very cheap in the long run. The initial price is relatively cheap, but the renewal price is pretty high. We should note here that there are free web hosting sites out there, and some of them are pretty good.
If you do not want backups, hosting is pretty cheap. But the reality is, sooner or later you will need backups, and have to pay for the service.
If you want to cancel your hosting plan, you can remove it from your account. GoDaddy will send you a confirmation email. Once you have replied to that email, GoDaddy will delete the hosting plan and its files.
Yes, GoDaddy has a refund policy. If you cancel your product within the refund period, you will get a refund. Different products have different refund policies and requirements. We should note here that not all products are eligible for a refund. And even if your purchase is eligible for a refund, you have to request a refund before you close your account.