Best Website Builders for Online Clothing Stores for Branding
If you’re considering starting your online store, you might look for the best website builder platforms that drive traffic to your website, process payments, and fulfill your orders. Here we’ve reviewed the 10 best website builder platforms for online clothing stores in the market with our top 5 choices.
The best website builder platforms for online clothing stores would offer you unique features curated for eCommerce sales. As you focus more on your sales and designs, you would need an easy-to-use platform. The right website builder platform can attract more visitors to your store and drastically improve your sales.
With so many website builder platforms in the market, it might be difficult for you to choose the perfect one. The platforms mentioned in our review would support your clothing brand and have unique features that set them apart.
Best Website Builder Platforms for Online Clothing Stores
Here are the best website builder platforms you should choose from when thinking of setting up your online clothing store.
Best Website Builder for Clothing Brand
Squarespace is an easy-to-use platform that allows creative minds to build interactive websites and grow their sales. What I find best about this platform is its inventory management system. They provide a simple interface to manage your stock which you use to view all variants and stock levels quickly. Squarespace notifies you by email every time your supply runs low.
Squarespace helps you grow your online fashion store by creating an interactive eCommerce website for your store.
- Pre-Built Layouts: With Squarespace, you can build your online clothing store using pre-designed page layouts. These include your contact, product, about, or portfolio page. The page elements are arranged to give a professional look to your eCommerce website. You can also rearrange the elements with the drag-and-drop tool.
- Commenting System: When building an online website, you need a platform that lets your customers leave feedback on products. This online store builder gives you access to an advanced commenting system that supports threaded comments. Each comment has its like count. You can access community management and bulk comment management features as well.
- Product Merchandising: Squarespace gives you access to advanced merchandising features that let you view and sort your products in a few clicks. You can easily manage and sort your products with the drag-and-drop sorting tool. You can easily tag and categorize your products on your online store.
- Optimized Checkout: Streamline your checkout process by allowing your customers to bypass the shopping cart and jump straight to checkout. Squarespace offers a single-page checkout that looks great on all devices, including tablets and mobile devices. This makes the shopping process easier for customers to buy your products.
- Commerce Analytics: Understand how your clothing brand grows by tracking your orders and revenue. You get access to commerce-specific analysis, including the purchase funnel and abandoned carts. This helps you understand your customer journey. You can also understand your customer base with insights like total spending and average order value.
- Location Management: If you have a physical store and are looking to create an online eCommerce website, Squarespace is the right choice. It lets you create and manage your online listings for your boutique’s physical location. You can easily sync your location information automatically with your eCommerce website.
- Multiple pre-built and customizable templates for online fashion stores.
- Easy-to-use backend design.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Lacks advanced marketing tools, like A/B testing.
- Limited payment gateway options.
- Lacks multi-currency selling functionality.
Squarespace gives you access to four paid plans – Personal, Business, Basic Commerce, and Advanced Commerce.
With Squarespace, you get access to a free 14-day trial, where you can create mobile-optimized eCommerce websites, analyze metrics, and access 24/7 customer support.
Leading Website Builder Platform for Creating Dropshipping Online Stores
Shopify lets you connect with your customers worldwide by building an easy-to-use eCommerce website. I highly recommend this online store builder if you want to dropship your products. Shopify enables you to connect to thousands of wholesale suppliers all across the globe. You can also directly import products from wholesale websites, like AliExpress, and quickly list them on your online clothing store. This eliminates your need to maintain an active warehouse.
Shopify has helped millions of entrepreneurs to build their businesses with an easy-to-use store curator.
- Point Of Sale: Shopify offers a unique feature for businesses that have an online and a physical store. You can sell your products in the physical store and accept payments using a card reader. This is directly linked to your online clothing store, maintaining a record of your inventory and online sales.
- Customer Profiles: Let your customers create their profiles on your platform, so you can easily identify your best customers. This helps in efficient retargeted marketing. Once they create a profile, you can easily track their journey, information, and purchase history. You can also use this information to send targeted sales emails. This makes Shopify one of the best eCommerce website builders.
- Abandoned Cart Recovery: Once your store is online, you'll find that most customers add products to their shopping cart but never checkout. Shopify offers an abandoned card checkout email feature, where you can identify the customers that have abandoned their carts and send them reminder emails. You can also automate this entire process.
- Auto-Calculate Shipping Prices: As an online apparel store, you might face challenges in calculating the shipping cost for your customer. Shopify makes it easier by giving you access to the real-time carrier shipping feature. The shipping costs are automatically calculated based on your customer's location and product weight.
- SEO: Creating a strong online presence for your store can accelerate sales. SEO can help you grow your online business by improving its ranking on search engines. You can leverage the various SEO tools offered by Shopify to reach out to a broader audience and achieve your desired goal. You can also integrate Google Shopping with your Shopify store.
- In-Depth Analytics: Easily assess your online store's performance using the multiple analytics tools offered by this online store builder. You can generate impactful insights related to marketing, customer activities, and online sales. It helps you assess your online store's performance and optimize your business operations.
- Attractive and mobile-responsive web templates.
- Automatic tax calculation during checkout.
- Offers multi-currency selling functionalities.
- Adding custom fields is complicated.
- Includes high transaction fees.
- Basic email marketing functionality.
Shopify has three plans you can choose from – Basic, Shopify, and Advanced.
With Shopify, you get access to a free 14-day trial. This free trial lets you access basic reports, customize your online store, and track your product inventory.
Top Website Builder Platform for Mobile Optimization
Wix gives you the liberty to create, design, manage and develop your web presence with an interactive online store. I would highly recommend this platform to businesses whose targeted audience is mobile users. Wix offers advanced mobile optimization features and more than 500 designer-made website templates. These templates are optimized for mobile devices and tablets, ensuring your store looks good on any device.
Wix lets you design and builds high-quality eCommerce websites that help you showcase your portfolio and promote your clothing brand.
- Design Flexibility: Wix gives you access to a simple drag-and-drop editor, which makes designing your online store a pure joy. You can easily place multiple elements on your page. The platform would notify you if you placed an element out of line. You can also access hundreds of elements to design your online clothing store.
- Artificial Design Intelligence: Create an eCommerce website using Wix's artificial intelligence technology in minutes. You have to answer a few questions about your business, and the platform will design a stunning website for you. It includes tailor-made content with beautiful images and text. Additionally, the online store builder gives you access to advanced editing options and lets you choose your primary color palette.
- Unified Database Management: The platform offers easy-to-use website development features along with an intuitive visual builder. You get access to an integrated database, using which you can maintain and present your content anywhere in your online store. You can also readily connect your application to third-party APIs. This makes Wix one of the best online store builders for database management.
- Multiple Payment Methods: Wix gives you access to advanced eCommerce features, including multiple payment modes. You can accept payments through credit cards or PayPal or choose cash on delivery. All of these payment methods are commission free. As a store manager, you can easily track orders and manage your inventory from your desktop or mobile.
- Auto-Email Reminders: Along with an easy-to-use builder, Wix also gives you access to professional web features. You get access to a professional mailbox, which will include a personalized email that matches your domain or brand. You can use these email reminders to notify your clients about their abandoned carts. This can help you increase sales of your online clothing store.
- Advanced SEO Tools: With advanced search engine optimization features, you can optimize your online store. The online store builder gives you access to the SEO Wiz tool, which walks you through all the key steps required to optimize your eCommerce website for the search engine. These are especially helpful features for novices.
- More than 800 templates available.
- Robust and reliable security setup.
- Offers a free custom domain name with builder plans.
- Cannot import or export digital products in bulk.
- Storage is capped at different levels.
- Cannot export blog posts.
With Wix, you can access three paid plans – Basic, Unlimited, and VIP.
Wix offers its users a free 14-day trial, where you can access storage space and a free custom domain.
Best eCommerce Website Builder Application for Accepting Universal Payments
Zyro gives you access to flawless pre-built templates that you can edit easily without any coding knowledge. What I find best about this platform is its universal payment feature. The online store builder supports almost all popular debit cards, credit cards, and other payment solutions, like PayPal. With this, Zyro ensures that your online clothing store never misses another sale again.
Zyro helps you convert more of your website traffic into paying customers with a professional eCommerce website that loads at lightning speed.
- Efficient Store Management: Zyro gives you access to advanced eCommerce functionality, through which you can easily design and manage your online apparel store. The platform has a single dashboard, where you can handle everything from inventory to order tracking. You can also manage your customers through this centralized dashboard.
- Control Meta Tags: Take complete control of your on-page SEO by setting custom alt text for your images and including meta tags on all your product pages. Besides, you also get access to a mobile-optimized online store that loads at lightning speed, thus ranking your store better on search engines.
- Simple CRM: Take control of your business and keep your customers happy with a simple CRM tool. You can increase your eCommerce sales with the help of automated emails, coupon codes, and customized discount coupons. This CRM tool makes Zyro one of the best website builders for online clothing stores.
- Powerful Integrations: Zyro lets you integrate your online clothing store to third-party extensions and study your customer behavior. You can understand your customer’s traffic source, target the right audience, and efficiently connect with your visitors using powerful and seamless integrations.
- AI Business Tools: Easily scale up your business with Zyro’s advanced AI tools. With its AI writer tool, you can create search engine optimized, unique content in minutes. You can generate blog titles and slogans for your online store as well. You can use the AI heatmap and put important information and buttons on the webpage where your customers click the most.
- Sell Online On Multiple Platforms: Easily sell products online across channels by connecting your online store to Facebook, Instagram, and Amazon. Make sure that your products can reach where your customers are with speedy and secure shipping services. This makes Zyro one of the easiest eCommerce builders in the market.
- Advanced AI branding tools for fashion stores.
- Website builder is optimized for speed.
- Takes 0% commission on eCommerce platforms.
- Does not allow eCommerce template switching.
- Limited customization options.
- Lacks a comment section for blog posts.
Zyro offers the two cheapest plans to choose from – Website and Business.
With Zyro, you get access to a 30-day money-back guarantee. Under this, you can use its features and brand your eCommerce platform using its advanced AI tools. If unsatisfied with their service, you can get a full refund within 30 days.
Top eCommerce Website Builder Tool for Creating a Multi Storefront
BigCommerce offers a modern platform that fits the framework of your online clothing store. I would highly recommend this eCommerce builder to entrepreneurs looking to expand the reach of their store with a multi-storefront. With the help of BigCommerce, you can grow your business across customer segments and manage it with a centralized dashboard.
BigCommerce helps you start selling products with robust, built-in tools, helping you build a better online store.
- Powerful Marketing: Drive more online traffic to your eCommerce platform with easy-to-use and efficient marketing features. You can grow your brand by reaching out to new customers across multiple platforms. Your customers can find and purchase products from your online clothing store through Facebook and Instagram. All the sales are redirected to your eCommerce website for seamless processing and inventory control.
- Buy Buttons: Expand the reach of your online apparel store by using buy buttons. These buttons let your customers purchase your products from your emails, blogs, or social media posts. You can easily generate the code for these buttons and paste them. This makes BigCommerce one of the top online store builders.
- Streamlined Checkout: Create a simple and smooth shopping experience for your customers and boost sales of your online clothing store. Get access to an optimized one-page checkout so your customers can make their purchases using any device. This makes BigCommerce one of the best website builders for online clothing stores offering streamlined checkouts.
- Recover Abandoned Carts: Automatically recover your lost online sales by sending customizable emails to your customers who left during the checkout process. You get complete control over the emails of your online store and can customize them based on your customers. You can also add a coupon code to the email to increase conversion and recover your lost sales.
- Product Filtering: Give your customers a unique shopping experience by offering valuable information in an easy-to-shop format. It lets your customers view your catalog more relevantly, turning them into buyers. With the help of faceted search, you can quickly help the shoppers find what they are looking for in your online store.
- Inventory Management: BigCommerce gives you ultimate control over your inventory and helps you save time by managing it across multiple channels. This can be done by syncing your inventory and streamlining sales from various channels. You can track the inventory of your online clothing store at a glance and update thousands of products at once.
- Easily sell your clothes online in multiple currencies.
- Does not charge any transaction fees.
- Unlimited number of staff accounts for your online clothing store.
- Annual online sales limit.
- Does not offer shipping discounts.
- Difficult to edit the free templates.
BigCommerce has four paid plans – Standard, Plus, Pro, and Enterprise.
With BigCommerce, you get access to a free 15-day trial. With this trial, you can create an online clothing store, build a mobile-responsive eCommerce website, and sell your clothes online in multiple currencies.
Leading Website Builder Platform for Filtered Product Search
Weebly lets you build a professional website that you can scale up with your growing business.
- Integrated Shopping Cart: Weebly ensures customers have a seamless checkout experience with the fully integrated shopping cart. The cart is set up automatically while creating an online store for your clothing brand. It also allows your customers to checkout securely.
- Inventory Tracking: Easily manage and organize your inventory with one of the best eCommerce website builders. You can also show urgency and boost your customer's buying behavior by showing the number of items remaining in your online store. Once the items get sold out, it is automatically updated on your website.
- Filtered Product Search: Weebly helps your customers find what they want with the help of a powerful filtered product search. You can highlight the best-seller products on your online store. The search option allows your customers to filter the results by different attributes, including color and price. This makes Weebly one of the leading online store builders for product search.
- Product Merchandising: Weebly is amongst the best website builders for online clothing stores regarding product merchandising. You can create rich product descriptions on your website by adding videos and picture slideshows. Your customers can also share your products on their social media handles.
- Flexible Shipping Options: Sell your clothes online all around the globe with flexible shipping options. You can also offer free shipping to your customers on select orders or set a shipping rate based on their location and the product's weight. The online store builder lets you define your customers' shipping carriers and delivery times on your online store.
- Automatic Tax Calculator: If you target the audience in the States, your product taxes can be calculated automatically during checkout. You can decide to include taxes in the displayed product price and specify whether shipping should be taxed. Weebly makes tax management easier for online store owners.
- Lightening fast page loading speed.
- High design flexibility with website themes.
- Offers a free domain with all plans.
- Limited blogging tools for online shops.
- Lacks advanced marketing tools.
- Poor backup system.
Weebly offers four plans to choose from – Free, Connect, Pro, and Business.
With Weebly, you get access to a free plan, which makes it one of the best online store builders in the market. This free forever plan helps you optimize your online store and capture leads with contact forms.
7. Big Cartel
Best eCommerce Website Builder Platform for Artists
Big Cartel makes it easier for artists to create online apparel stores, start selling their clothes online, and run a creative online business.
- Customized Templates: Big Cartel lets you create your online store with the help of pre-built themes. These customizable themes are fully responsive and can adapt on the device your customer views them, including tablet and mobile. Most of the themes are geared toward creative projects.
- Content Management: With Big Cartel, you can access a simple dashboard. The icon-based navigation menu on the top of the screen lets you navigate the backend of your online clothing store. You can view your orders, add products, create discounts, or analyze your sales through a centralized dashboard.
- Point of Sale: The point of sale feature can come in handy if you have a brick-and-mortar store. It lets you sell products in retail stores and make payments online through your website. This keeps all your business transactions in one place and ensures that your store inventory stays updated.
- Payment Gateways: Accept payments from around the world using multiple payment processors on your online store, including PayPal and Stripe. With Big Cartel, you do not have to pay any transaction fees. This makes Big Cartel one of the best online store builders in the market.
- Abandoned Cart Recovery: Do not miss on sales again by emailing your visitors who added products to their cart but didn’t checkout. This can be done using Big Cartel’s abandoned cart recovery feature. The feature can help you increase the revenue of your online clothing store. You can do this by integrating your store with an email marketing service, like Mailchimp.
- Multilingual Selling: If you have customers distributed all around the globe, you can translate your online store into multiple languages. The online store builder uses a machine translation feature to translate your store into the selected languages. This can help you bring in more sales through the entire website.
- Easy to use with an interactive interface.
- Offers free web templates for online shops.
- Does not charge any transaction fees.
- Limits the product quantity you can list in the online store.
- Cannot sell in multiple currencies at once.
- Does not offer a weight-based shipping calculator.
Big Cartel gives you access to three plans, where you can add 5, 50, and 500 products to your online store.
With Big Cartel, you get access to a free plan. This free plan lets you add up to 5 products to your online store, customize your eCommerce site, and lets you track your product shipment.
Free eCommerce Website Builder Platform with Seamless WordPress Integration
WooCommerce is a flexible online store builder built on WordPress, allowing you to start selling online quickly.
- Unprecedented Flexibility: WooCommerce is great for sellers looking to sell a wide array of products. With this online store builder, you can sell your customers physical, digital, and even affiliate products on your online store. You can easily customize all product pages and parts of your own website without any coding knowledge.
- Multiple Theme Options: With the seamless WordPress integration, this website builder platform is compatible with all themes that are supported on WordPress. This means you can select from thousands of free themes and design your online clothing store the way you like. This makes WooCommerce one of the leading eCommerce website builders.
- Order Management: WooCommerce gives you access to an easy-to-use centralized dashboard, through which you can easily track and manage all your orders. This makes order fulfillment easier for online stores. The live shipping rates for your customers are also calculated during checkout along with tac calculation management.
- Payment Processing: Unlike most online store builders, WooCommerce offers an in-built payment processing system. You do not have to connect to a third-party provider to accept payments from your customers. You can process payments through credit cards, debit cards, Stripe, and PayPal. You can also allow your customers to pay once the product has been delivered.
- Seamless WordPress Integration: The major selling point for WooCommerce is its seamless integration with WordPress. So, if you have an existing website on WordPress, you can easily change it into an online store by integrating it with WooCommerce. It makes management much easier.
- Local Customization: If you're creating an online store for local customers, you will need one customized according to their preferences. You can change your store's currency, measurement units, and language based on your targeted audience.
- Advanced features for large online stores.
- Hundreds of free customizable themes.
- Get access to customer and store administrator accounts.
- Does not offer centralized support.
- Confusing setup process for online stores.
- Plugins can take up a lot of memory space.
WooCommerce is an open-source online store builder that you can integrate with your WordPress website. You can download this free plugin and manage your orders through a centralized dashboard.
Leading Website Builder Application with Social Feed
Strikingly lets you take your online clothing brand to the next level by creating your eCommerce website in a few minutes.
- Customizable Themes: Strikingly gives you access to ten different theme templates to create your online store. Each of them is categorized, and you can use one which most suits your eCommerce site. Additionally, you can customize these themes to fit more into your brand and business style.
- Seamless Payment Integration: Make sure you never miss out on a sale using Strikingly's seamless payment solution for your online clothing store. You can integrate PayPal or Stripe into your store and make it easier for your customers to make payments through your website. This online store builder doesn't charge any transaction fees as well.
- Facebook Integration: Marketing is one of the main aspects you need to track while running online apparel stores. You can easily integrate your store with Facebook and track the conversion rate of your Facebook ads. Using Facebook Messenger, you can also embed the live chat feature on your store.
- In-Depth Analytics: Strikingly gives you access to in-depth analytics, using which you can analyze the traffic sources and country of origin on your online store. You can also integrate Google Analytics into the website to get more detailed visitor data. It would help you segment your visitors based on their device, helping you run better marketing campaigns.
- Search Engine Optimized: Increase your brand's reach by optimizing your eCommerce stores for search engines. The online store builder allows you to add meta tags and titles to your product pages, making them more easily understood by Google crawlers. This would help you attract more organic customers to your online website.
- Social Feed: With Strikingly, you can create a fully-fledged eCommerce site where you can track your orders and customers. You can seamlessly integrate your social media feed directly into your store. This way, you can share your customer's reviews and pictures on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter directly to your online clothing store.
- Reformatting templates is easier.
- Offers brilliant and responsive customer support.
- Best for single product websites.
- Lacks efficient mobile optimization for online clothing stores.
- Includes company branding on starter plans.
- Template usability isn’t the best.
Strikingly has three paid plans – Limited, Pro, and VIP.
Strikingly offers its users a free 14-day trial. With this free plan, you can connect a custom domain name for your online store, add a free SSL certificate, and access unlimited bandwidth.
10. Square Online
Best eCommerce Website Builder Platform with Multiple Shipping Options
Square Online helps you grow your online business and lets you expand your reach and succeed online by driving more customers to your online clothing store.
- Managing Stock: Square Online helps you manage your stock or inventory efficiently and notifies you when just a few products are left. It ensures you are not late on your deliveries and that your customers are always satisfied. You can even update your stock to reflect damaged or lost products in the backend of your online store.
- Payment Processing: Unlike other website builders, Square Online gives you access to their in-built payment platform. This enables your customers to make easy and secure payments on your online store. You can also integrate PayPal into your eCommerce website to offer a different payment mode to your customers.
- Pop-Ups: Building your email list is just as important as getting more sales for your website. You can retarget customers and increase your website's revenue with a good mailing list. Pop-ups is one of the best sales features, helping you advertise upcoming promotions on your online clothing store.
- Multiple Shipping Options: With SquareOnline, you get loads of shipping options to cater to your customers worldwide. You can choose how to calculate the delivery cost, which will automatically be added to your customer's shopping cart. You can also pick a flat rate or go for free shipping on your online clothing store. Additionally, you can calculate shape based on order value or weight.
- Automatic Tax Calculations: Taxes can be confusing, and adding them manually can be difficult. With Square online, you get access to an automatic tax calculator. The platform would add the tax amount to your customer's account total based on location. This makes Square Online one of the best eCommerce website builders.
- Integrated Email Solution: When you create your eCommerce platform using Square Online, your account is configured to send a few emails to your customers.You can easily send an email to your customer when they place their order, when it is shipped, or when their order has been canceled. This keeps your customers updated about online shopping in your clothing store.
- Easy-to-use and interactive dashboard.
- Unlimited product sales for your online clothing store.
- Built-in inventory management system.
- Limited customization options.
- Unresponsive customer support team.
- Charges high transaction fees for your online store.
Square Online offers three paid plans – Free, Plus, and Premium.
With Square Online, you get access to a free plan. This free plan lets you create an online store, manage your inventory, and let your customers make secure payments.
Boutique Website FAQ
Your clothing website does not have to be overly complicated. Here is how you can create a simple website and launch your eCommerce platform.
– Read our reviews and select an ecommerce platform that best suits your needs.
– Select a plan based on your products and the expected traffic.
– Choose the custom domain name for your online clothing store.
– Select a template the builder platform offers that closely relates to your business and needs. Customize the template by changing its color palette and adding your logo.
– Now add products in your eCommerce store for your customers to choose from.
– Set up your payment system so customers can place their orders online.
– Make your clothing website live and market it using SEO tools and ads.
Squarespace is one of the best website builder platforms for creating your online clothing store. The platform gives you access to a pre-built layout and an optimized checkout system. Along with this, you also get access to a bulk comment management system.
What Is the Best Website Builder for Selling Clothing Brands
You will need to set up an online clothing store to take your clothing brand to the next level. It would help you reach a wider audience all across the globe. The best website builder for your clothing brand would depend upon your target audience and the reach of your website.
- If you’re looking for a platform for managing your inventory, Squarespace or BigCommerce might be a better option.
- If you’re looking for an application to dropship your products, you should try Shopify or Wix.
- If you’re looking for a website builder tool for accepting universal payment methods, Zyro or WooCommerce might be a good option.
When looking for the best website builders for your online clothing store, you can compare Squarespace and Square Online, Wix and Squarespace, and Wix and Weebly. You can also compare WooCommerce and Shopify and BigCommerce and Shopify.
If you have decided to use Shopify for creating your online clothing site, and are confused about the template, here are some successful Shopify stores you can refer to. We also have a few beautiful examples of Wix websites and stunning Squarespace websites that you can take inspiration from.