8 Best Cheap WordPress Hosting Services (2023 Deals)
Do you want to host your WordPress website for less than $5 per month? Have you been searching for a cheap WordPress hosting service that is both reliable and secure? If yes, meet our best five.
There are free WordPress hosting services. But they don't offer much, and they are not reliable. However, you do not have to pay hundreds of dollars for reliable and secure WordPress hosting either.
There are cheap hosting solutions for WordPress that cost less than $10. You can get started with any of them now, even if you don't have any technical knowledge.
So, here are the best eight cheap WordPress hosting services in 2023. Consider their pros, cons, and pricing to choose the one that satisfies your needs. Let's move on.
Best Cheap WordPress Hosting Services
The Best Overall Affordable WordPress Hosting
SiteGround is the cheapest WordPress hosting service if you are looking for the best performance, speed, and security on an affordable platform. With a starting price of $3.99 per month, you can host a WordPress site and enjoy lots of free features.Try SiteGround
SiteGround comes first on our list of cheap WordPress hosting solutions because it ticks all the boxes for speed, affordability, storage space, bandwidth, security, and uptime.
- WordPress Easy Launch and Website Transfer: Even if you do not have any technical knowledge about how to download, install or configure WordPress sites, SiteGround has got you covered with its simple click-and-install option. All you have to do is enter a few clicks, and its WordPress Starter tool will automatically install WordPress on your account together with your favorite plugins. Besides that, you have access to the SiteGround Migrator plugin if you want to transfer your site quickly and smoothly.
- WordPress Site Tools: If you want to maintain full control over your WordPress site, then you need the powerful site tools that SiteGround offers. With these tools, you can easily upload files on your WordPress site, set up emails, boost your site speed, and tighten its security. Examples of these tools are FTP manager, email filtering and autoresponders, IP blockers, free SSL certificates, and CDN.
- Fast WordPress Performance: Rest assured that your WordPress site will perform excellently because the SiteGround platform is hosted on the powerful Google Cloud platform. You also get to enjoy the latest modern hardware with SSD persistent storage. SiteGround also provides unique caching options that save you from using up your server resources. A free SiteGround Optimizer Plugin and custom PHP implementation are also available.
- Managed Security and Updates: SiteGround keeps track of WordPress-related vulnerabilities so that it can protect your WordPress site from exploitations. Also, there is an all-in-one security plugin for every WordPress site hosted on SiteGround. Keep your WordPress site updated by taking advantage of the automatic WordPress software and plugin updates. You can configure your WordPress account to install updates immediately, or you can choose to skip any update version that you want.
- Tools for Advanced WordPress Users: Free SSL certificates, daily backups, email accounts, WordPress staging, Dev toolkit, and collaboration tools.
There are three cheap WordPress hosting plans on SiteGround.
The cheapest plan costs $3.99 per month, while the most expensive plan goes for $10.69 per month.
- There are many free tools on the cheapest plan.
- Enjoy unmetered traffic and unlimited databases on all plans.
- Easily add collaborators to your WordPress website.
- Availability of 99.99% uptime guarantee.
- Not ideal for users that want extensive disk space.
The Best Budget WordPress Hosting for Beginners
Bluehost pricing starts from $4.95, which can be expensive for beginners on low budgets. Yet, it's the easiest-to-use option for beginners that want to set up WordPress hosting in minutes without any technical knowledge.Try Bluehost
Bluehost is the first WordPress hosting solution recommended by WordPress, and it has been in the WordPress hosting business since 2005.
- WordPress Installation and Design: Bluehost will automatically install the latest and most secure WordPress version to your web hosting account. Additionally, you have access to multiple premium themes and plugins, which allows you to design your WordPress website as you like.
- Domain Management: Bluehost provides free domain registration for one year, irrespective of the plan. Also, unlimited primary domains, parked domains, and subdomains are available on all plans except the Basic plan.
- Customer Dashboard and Admin Panel: The WordPress dashboard is where you can get access to tons of tools and services that you need to boost your traffic and back up your website content. A benefit of the WordPress dashboard is that it allows you to oversee multiple sites from its interface. You can create invoices, secure logins, and track broken links from your dashboard. You can also log in to the WordPress admin panel if you want to create a new WordPress page or edit an existing page.
- Website Disk Space: Bluehost provides high-speed SSD storage space on all their WordPress hosting plans. The lowest SSD storage space is 10GB on the Basic plan, and the highest is 100GB on the Pro plan. Unmetered bandwidth is available for all the WordPress hosting plans allowing you to enjoy as much bandwidth as you want.
- Updates and Security: You do not have to worry about manually updating your WordPress website because Bluehost provides updates automatically.
- Google My Business: With Bluehost, you can easily connect with Google My Business. This is especially handy if you offer products or services to a local audience. Once you get verified on the Google My Business platform, customers can easily see your location and working hours on Google Maps.
- Pro Tools: Examples of the Pro tools that are available on higher plans are multi-site management, plugins collection, staging, client invoicing, and performance insights.
Bluehost offers four cheap WordPress hosting plans.
The cheapest plan costs $2.95 per month, while the most expensive plan goes for $13.95 per month.
- Getting started is very straightforward.
- The dashboard is user-friendly and rich in hosting features.
- Availability of many useful add-ons and integrations.
- You can host unlimited websites on the Plus tier.
- 24/7 WordPress hosting support.
- Domain migration is difficult.
The Cheapest WordPress Hosting Provider
Hostinger is a cheap WordPress hosting provider for beginners that want a comprehensive WordPress hosting package but do not want to pay much.
- One-Click WordPress Installation: Once you purchase a Hostinger WordPress hosting plan, you can immediately start to build your website by installing the content management system. You do not need to configure anything, as Hostinger is the one to manage all the backend processes.
- Automated Backups and WordPress Updates: Hostinger provides automated daily and weekly backups in all its WordPress packages so that you can rest assured that your files are safe. Additionally, you can easily restore a previous version of your WordPress site with a simple click. Furthermore, Hostinger provides core and security patch updates automatically for your WP site anytime WordPress releases updates.
- Site Speed and Performance: Hostinger uses LiteSpeed, which is one of the fastest web servers available. You can expect your WordPress site to be 4x faster, thanks to the LiteSpeed Cache plugin, HTTP/3, and IPv6, which helps to ensure better website performance.
- WordPress Staging Tool: The Hostinger WordPress staging tools come in handy for testing new features on your website without having to deal with any risks whatsoever. With a few clicks, you can easily create a duplicate website and change anything that you want without affecting the performance of the live site.
- Security: Hostinger provides a free SSL certificate and DDoS protection in all WordPress hosting plans. Additionally, its servers boast advanced security modules like Suhosin PHP hardening and ModSecurity. You can also enable two-factor authentication for your web hosting account.
- WordPress Pro Features: If you are an experienced developer and you want to have more freedom over your WordPress site, then you can take advantage of the WordPress Pro features that Hostinger offers. They are SSH access, PHP version control, WP-CLI, MySQL database manager, and Git integration.
Hostinger offers the four cheapest WordPress hosting plans.
The cheapest plan costs $1.99 per month, while the most expensive plan goes for $11.59 per month.
- The user interface is simple.
- Free WordPress website migration.
- Git integration is available for all WordPress hosting plans.
- Enjoy a 99.99% uptime guarantee and 24/7 WordPress support.
- Unlimited bandwidth starting from the WordPress Starter Plan.
- Inconsistent website speed.
Low-Cost WordPress Hosting With Many Hosting Plans
DreamHost has a WordPress hosting plan for every user on high or low budgets. The more money you are ready to pay, the more features and services you will enjoy on DreamHost.Try Dreamhost
DreamHost is another solution with a custom-built control panel for beginners and multiple advanced features for the tech-savvy.
- Fast WordPress Setup: After choosing DreamHost, all you have to do next is to sit back and enjoy the newest WordPress version that it automatically installs for you.
- Design and Customization: With DreamHost, you can design and customize your WordPress site to have a perfect look. By choosing any of the plans, you have access to thousands of beautiful themes and powerful plugins that let you customize your WordPress site effortlessly.
- Control Panel: DreamHost provides an advanced but easy-to-use panel that lets you get admin access to the tools that you need to power your WordPress site. Add Let’s Encrypt SSL and users, create new email accounts, forward domains and install WordPress fast, all from this easy-to-use control panel.
- Speed and Performance: DreamHost’s servers and database software are built for seamless compatibility with WordPress. Your WordPress site can sustain peak performance thanks to the right configurations and automatic WordPress updates that DreamHost provides. Additionally, it uses fast solid-state drives, so your database queries and website can run faster.
- Automated Backup and WordPress Updates: One of the best things about DreamHost is backups. It creates automatic daily backups of your WordPress site. Therefore, you can sleep at night knowing that your website is in safe hands. As for WordPress updates, DreamHost handles all of them for you, while you focus on creating awesome website content.
- Security Services: There is a malware remover known as DreamShield, which helps to discover and fix malware on WordPress websites. Another security feature is free domain privacy, which keeps your domains safe from malicious attacks. Other security services are free SSL certificates, HTTP/2 support, and a web application firewall for Apache & Nginx.
- Advanced WordPress Hosting Features: Access to raw log files, unlimited MySQL databases, full CGI and Secure Shell access, unlimited SFTP users, crontab access, canned CGI scripts, Unix shell, and support for PHP 7.1, 7.2, and 7.3.
DreamHost offers different WordPress hosting plans depending on the resources that you want. It provides managed WordPress plans as well as shared ones.
The cheapest version costs $2.59 per month, while the most expensive plan goes for $80 per month.
- The control panel is easy to use, even for starters.
- Free automated WordPress migrations.
- Availability of free email hosting.
- 24/7 customer support, including a live chat option.
- The full benefits of DreamHost are available on the higher plans.
Expensive But It Worths the Price
Choose HostGator if you want a hosting solution that gives you access to many security features, advanced tools, and SEO services.
- WordPress Installation: Hostgator allows you to get started fast because you already have WordPress installed on your web hosting account. The next thing to do is to customize the WordPress site to your taste and preferences.
- Control Panel: With the simplified HostGator control panel, you can easily increase or decrease your resources and manage accounts and settings from a single platform. You can also set up auto-backups, and access 1-click restores from the control panel.
- Security: Hostgator's general security features include malware protection and site backups. However, there is an extra security feature, which is the SiteLock Fix. It includes automatic malware removal and defense against malicious attacks to protect your brand reputation. You also have the CodeGuard that makes daily backups, protection against viruses & hackers, and file change monitoring. Another security feature is the free SSL certificate that enables encrypted data transmission and boosts your site credibility.
- SEO Services: Do you want to attract more traffic to your site, receive comprehensive keyword research, or consult experts anytime you feel lost? Then, Hostgator's SEO services come in handy. And that's not all because they also provide on-page optimization, content creation, and other SEO services.
- Advanced Features: Unix shell, access to raw log files, crontab access, unlimited MySQL databases, subversion repository (SVN), IPv6 support, control panel, unlimited SFTP users, Ruby on Rails, Python, and Perl support.
HostGator offers three managed WordPress plans.
The cheapest plan starts from $5.95, while the most expensive is $9.95 per month.
- HostGator supports many programming languages.
- Enjoy unlimited storage and unlimited bandwidth on all the plans.
- Enjoy round-the-clock support and a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- You can host 1, 2, and 3 WordPress sites on their plans, respectively.
6. A2 Hosting
Fastest Affordable WordPress Hosting Service
A2 Hosting offers both unmanaged and managed WordPress hosting plans.
You can start with the lowest plan at $2.99 to save money, although there are quite a lot of restrictions on this plan.
- Automatic WordPress Setup: WordPress is pre-installed for you on your A2 Hosting account. You can start enjoying your WordPress website immediately.
- Speed: A2 Hosting was one of the first hosts to offer SSDs, and they also have the fastest WordPress hosting. Some of the benefits that you get from their Turbo servers are the ability to handle 9x more traffic and 30% faster CPU performance. Other benefits are 3x faster read speeds and 2x faster to the first byte. Also, A2 Hosting allows you to choose your data center location, which helps to reduce latency and increases your WordPress site performance.
- A2 Optimization: Your WordPress site is A2 Optimized, which means it is pre-configured to load very fast. Apart from the speed optimization, the A2 optimization also allows you to enjoy top-notch security settings. Thanks to this A2 optimization, your WordPress site will run at a peak site performance. And instead of installing and testing plugins, you can easily focus on creating good content and promoting your website.
- A2 Site Accelerator: Unlike many other shared hosting providers, A2 Hosting does offer caching tools with its A2 Site Accelerator. You can easily find the Site Accelerator in your control panel. Some of the tools that are available in the A2 Site Accelerator include Turbo Cache, OPcache/APC, and Memcached.
- WordPress Page Builders: On A2 Hosting, it is easy to customize your WordPress site. For example, its WordPress hosting lets you install multiple WordPress page builders to build and customize your site through a drag-and-drop process. Examples of these popular WordPress page builders are BoldGrid, Elementor, SiteOrigin, Divi Builder, and Beaver Builder.
- Security: A2 Hosting's general security features are a free SSL certificate, DDoS protection, and OpenVPN. Other features include brute force detection, Linux malware detection, 2-factor authentication, Secure Shell (SSH), ConfigServer, and Firewall (CSF).
- Advanced Features: Jetpack free, cloning and staging tools, object caching using Redis, secure onsite automated backups, free website migration, Turbo LiteSpeed web servers, automatic core WordPress updates, and Security by Imunify360.
A2 Hosting offers four paid plans on its WordPress shared hosting solution.
The cheapest plan costs $2.99 per month, while the most expensive plan costs $14.99 per month.
- You can host multiple sites on its higher plans.
- Fast speed and excellent uptime guarantee.
- Enjoy 24/7 Guru crew support.
- A2 Hosting does not offer a free domain name, unlike other hosts.
Cheap WordPress Hosting Provider With Premium WordPress Plugins
InMotion is another solution with fast speed and hosting security, all thanks to their UltraStack technology with Max Speed Zones, aka datacenters.
- WordPress Design and Setup: InMotion will automatically pre-install WordPress for you at the checkout stage. And then, you can build and design your WordPress site with the free InMotion drag-and-drop page builder. You have access to over 200 free WordPress custom themes and templates. Rich and mobile responsive layouts are also available, and you can easily choose anyone that you want.
- Bandwidth and Multiple Websites: Attract as many website visitors as you can without having to worry about reaching limits. If you want to host multiple websites on InMotion, then no problem. You can even manage multiple websites from a single host account.
- Advanced Caching: You also get access to WordPress-optimized advanced caching, which lets you enjoy fast site load times. Although, this advanced caching tool is not available on the cheapest WordPress hosting plan.
- Unlimited Professional Email: InMotion allows you to create email addresses (name@yourdomain), and you can easily access these emails from any device of your choice. This way, you can keep in touch with your website visitors and customers.
- Automated Remote Backups: Let’s say that your WordPress installation gets corrupt. Instead of having sleepless nights or developing headaches, you can just take advantage of the InMotion tools to restore your site instantly. Also, if you carry out any site updates and they are not successful, you can easily roll them back.
- Security: InMotion provides multiple security features and tools, such as web application firewalls, backup tools, and malware protection.
- Web Developer Tools: Scalable NVMe SSD storage, backup scheduling, cPanel to cPanel transfers, SSH access, FTP, FTPS, SFTP, CDN, dedicated Opcode Cache Pool, and Brotli compression.
InMotion Hosting offers four shared WordPress hosting plans.
The cheapest plan is the WP Core, which costs $3.99 per month. The most expensive plan is the WP Pro, which goes for $15.99 per month.
- BoldGrid Builder is available on every WordPress plan.
- Access to SSD drives and a free site transfer.
- Enjoy a 90-day money-back guarantee.
- Rich support options, including live chat support and Skype.
They only have data centers in the United States.
Cheapest WordPress Hosting Provider with In-depth Site Reporting
iPage is the best WordPress hosting provider, whether you want to sell online on your WordPress site or tap into the benefits of email marketing.
- 1-Click WordPress Installation: With iPage, you don't need to manually install your WordPress website, as it gives you access to automatic WordPress installation and updates.
- WordPress Site Design: Start working on your WordPress site by designing and customizing it to your preferences. For example, you have access to customizable layouts and powerful website templates. There are also hand-selected themes and pre-installed plugins available for various use cases as you want.
- Performance and Unlimited Resources: iPage website platform boasts 2.5x faster load speeds compared to its competitors, and you have access to unlimited storage space. It also provides unlimited bandwidth, which means your website will keep on performing excellently regardless of your website traffic.
- Control Panel: The iPage's WordPress control panel is fully customized and easy to use. You can conveniently access all your account management tools from the control panel. Also, another benefit of the control panel is that it has been improved and simplified for a better user experience. Favorite features are readily accessible, and you can change or add products directly and update domain information. You can likewise adjust email settings and enjoy other services from its seamless user interface.
- Unlimited Email Addresses: You have access to a user-friendly email interface from which you can easily log in and manage your email. Easily create unlimited email addresses and get access to email forwarding and autoresponders. Your email inbox is safe, thanks to the industry-standard virus scanning that iPage provides. If you want, you can manage your email accounts with third-party applications like Outlook.
- Site Traffic Reporting: If you want to convert your website visitors, then you will enjoy this site traffic reporting feature that iPage provides. With it, you get access to detailed reports about your website visitors. Some of these reports include log files that let you identify every request that's made to your website. There is also the Visitor Statistics tool, where you can find comprehensive information about every visitor activity.
- Security: Apart from the free SSL certificate, you can get SiteLock security on the WP Essential plan. SiteLock scans your site for malware and other vulnerabilities and prevents it from being blacklisted. You also get access to a SiteLock seal for more trust and credibility. The SiteLock seal will be displayed as a badge on your website to convey trust. The badge means that your website has been scanned and is free from any malware. In the case of malware detection, SiteLock will alert you, not website visitors.
iPage offers one of the cheapest WordPress hosting plans.
The cheapest plan is the WordPress Starter, which costs $3.75 per month. Then, the most popular and expensive plan is the WP Essential, which is $6.95 per month.
- Create unlimited MySQL databases.
- Get a free domain out of popular domain extensions.
- The control panel boasts a clean and modern design.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- Unlimited storage.
- The response time from the support team is slow.
Cheap WordPress Hosting Services FAQ
WordPress hosting is a bit different from traditional HTML hosting services. It has WordPress-specific features like automatic plugin and core updates, plugin vulnerability detectors, and simplified migrations for WP sites. The CMS comes pre-installed on WordPress hosting packages.
Generally, you have to pay between $2 – $16 per month for cheap WordPress hosting. The average price is $3.99 per month, although the pricing depends on your choice among the best WordPress hosting services. For example, each WordPress hosting service offers different pricing, which varies from vendor to vendor.
Yes, customer support is usually good with cheap WordPress web hosts. Almost all WordPress hosting providers offer 24/7 customer support services to their customers. You can contact support via Live Chat, Skype, or email. The response time is usually fast.
Yes, cheap WordPress hosting is quite reliable. The reason is that most WordPress hosting providers offer an uptime guarantee of 99.9%. So, you can rest assured that your WordPress site will be running. Although, you might want to avoid the lowest plans if you want to enjoy maximum reliability.
The short answer is yes. We have provided one of the fastest WordPress hosting services. They offer advanced catching, optimization plugins, and faster transfer protocols. The top 3 are the following:
Yes, you can, but you don't have to, especially if you have a large WordPress site. Shared hosting means you have to share servers and resources with other users, which is not ideal for a larger website. But if you are on a low budget, then you can go with shared hosting services, as they are very cheap.
Yes, you do not have to purchase Woocommerce hosting services to use this ecommerce platform. You can simply install it with the Softaculous app installer in the cPanel of the chosen WordPress host. However, be sure to choose a more robust plan because running a store requires much more hosting resources. You can alternatively opt for a specialized Woocommerce solution.
Which is the Best Cheap WordPress Web Hosting?
SiteGround is our top recommended hosting service for every user. Apart from its affordable plans, it provides access to intuitive site tools that let you take control of your WordPress site from start to finish. However, this does not mean that you have to limit yourself to SiteGround alone.
You can still choose from our top five cheap WordPress hosting solutions.
Ensure that you use free trials before going for the paid versions. Good luck!
Here are other things you need to know about hosting.
- Hosting Providers With a Free Domain
- Ultimate List of Web Hosting Statistics
- Best Unlimited Hosting Providers
- How to host a Website
Image Credit: Image by Freepik