9 Best Keyword Rank Tracking Software of 2023 (Reviewed)
More than 68% of all clicks go to the first five organic results in the Google Search Engine result pages. If your business depends upon search engine ranking and getting organic leads, sales, or viewers, you need to rank high for the critical keywords for your industry.
Keyword rank tracking softwares helps you monitor your SEO campaign’s progress, giving you ideas to improve and outrank your competitors. These tools help provide critical insight into how your website performs on search engines. Keyword rank tracking software is one of the best SEO tools you can invest in and start getting returns.
The right keyword rank tracker not only gives you an insight into the most popular keyword but also lets you analyze the keywords with the most potential and the ones your competitors are ranking for.
Best Keyword Rank Tracking Software
1. SE Ranking
Best Keyword Rank Tracking Software with On-Page SEO Checker
SE Ranking helps you analyze how your pages are ranking for your target queries. It is one of the best keyword ranking tools that help marketers optimize a website or blog by performing website audits and checking the quality of your backlinks.
- Efficient Keyword Research Tool: SE Ranking helps you pick the right keywords to target in your SEO or PPC campaigns. It is one of the best keyword research tools in the market. The difficulty score feature gives you an idea of how difficult it would be to rank your article or website on the first page of Google, using a specific keyword. Usually, the difficulty score of a keyword gets raised when websites with higher domain authority target them.
- Search Volume: The tool offers a search volume feature that helps you analyze the monthly traffic a keyword gets on Google. You can also discover the average price of a click you would pay with Google's PPC model. This gives you an idea of the CPC data of other regions to analyze the difficulty of a keyword globally. When choosing the project's keywords, you can quickly assess the competition by instantly reviewing your competitors in paid and organic searches. With bulk keyword analysis, you can analyze hundreds and even thousands of keywords at one go.
- Backlink Checker: When you are trying to rank on the first page of Google, mere keyword research won’t help you in the long run. Creating a detailed backlink strategy is essential for your website’s SEO. The backlink analysis tool enables you to build a data-driven link-building approach. You can check for new or lost website backlinks and other referring domains. With the help of IP addresses and subnets, you can analyze the popular regions of the world with the most referral links. SE Ranking allows you to run a backlink analysis against key parameters.
- Domain Ranking Score: The platform also creates a domain ranking score based on multiple factors, including the profile quality of the domain backlink. Additionally, you can add the backlinks discovered via this tool of high interest to the backlink monitor, where the system will automatically track their status regularly.
- Extensive Competitor Analysis: Analyzing your competitors, their strategies, and the keywords they are targeting is essential when trying to beat them. It will help you gain valuable PPC and SEO insights. The platform lets you analyze your competitor’s website, down to the little details. Once you enter the domain, you get a 360-degree view of their organic and paid promotion strategies. SE Ranking gives you a detailed list of search queries your competitor uses, helping you analyze these keywords against significant parameters. This list includes search volume, keyword difficulty, traffic estimate, cost per target keyword, new and lost keyword statistics, keyword rankings, and search results sorted by country.
- Compare Website Against Competitors: A simple google search might not help you find your biggest competitors, but SE Rankings can. You can study your major competitors, find newcomers in the lot, and compare semantics to your rivals’ keywords. It means that you can compare the keyword difference and overlaps between your website and your opponents. By getting a 360-degree view of the market, you can discover the reason behind your competitor’s traffic drops and make sure not to repeat their mistake. Trace their steps to the top, use their tactics, and enhance your keyword ranking strategy.
- Website Audit: Make search engines fall in love with your website by running website audits for every crucial and minor issue that can hold your website back from top ranking spots. SE Rankings offer all vital metrics in one intuitive dashboard to help you quickly find all the critical parameters visualized on performance graphs. They give you a detailed report of every problem your site faces and easy-to-follow fixes.
- Powerful Page Crawler: The platform’s powerful page crawler can easily crawl up to 1000 pages in just 2 minutes, filtering out all the results by category. You can share this website audit report among clients and colleagues to compare progress. Keep tracking your domain’s search authority and help it rank higher on search engines. SE Ranking also lets you analyze every page, link, or resource in detail. You can also set up automatic notifications if your files are not optimized for search engines.
- Track your keyword rankings in any location, device, or search engine with 100% accuracy.
- Analyze the top 100 keyword search results along with their dynamics.
- Analyze keywords against major SEO parameters.
- Study your primary competitors, find newcomers in the industry, and compare your keyword list to that of your rivals.
SE Ranking has three plans – Essential, Pro, and Business.
- The Essential Plan lets you work on ten projects simultaneously. You can conduct website audits for 40,000 pages, check backlinks for 20 domains every day, and automatically group keywords based on Google’s top 10 search results.
- The Pro Plan lets you work on unlimited projects at a time. You can conduct a website audit for 250,000 pages, track your competitor’s organic keyword rankings, and expand your keyword and competitor database by adding specific keywords.
- The Business Plan allows you to add up to 10 members to your team and work on unlimited projects simultaneously. You can check backlinks for 300 domains in a day, create a detailed keyword and competitor research report, and get access to white label or API features.
SERanking offers a 14 day free trial to its customers, which gives you access to their website audit and monitoring tool, allowing you to generate competitor research reports and create a bulletproof content plan for your website.
Leading Keyword Rank Tracking Platform with Powerful Insights
SEMrush is one of the most popular keyword rank tracking and SEO tools in the market. It helps you grow your organic traffic by uncovering millions of national and local keywords, tracking your SERP positions daily, and running technical SEO audits on your website.
- Detailed Keyword Overview: SEMrush helps you boost traffic on your website and conquer search engine result pages. You can discover a particular keyword's organic and advertising value based on its difficulty, search volume, competition level, CPC, SERP features, number of results, and keyword variations. The platform lets you start your keyword research with the most extensive database in the industry. This feature provides you with all the key metrics for a particular keyword. These metrics, in turn, help you decide which terms you should target on your website content as well as paid ads.
- Search-Intent Tailored Keywords: You can analyze different keywords to get the most accurate difficulty and intent. The feature lets you view the number of SERP results to understand your competition and analyze search volume at the local and global levels. SEMrush generates all the keyword lists tailored to your viewer's search intent. You can spot extra opportunities to rank by exploring questions and related keywords. This can also help you generate ideas for paid ads. By keeping a keen eye on the trends, you can examine the keyword search volume fluctuations throughout the year, reveal seasonal spikes, and adjust your content plan or bidding strategy accordingly.
- Uncover Competitor’s SEO Best Practices: Using your competitor’s organic research report can enhance your keyword ranking strategy. The platform allows you to adapt to the most beneficial keywords for your website by analyzing your rival’s complete list of ranking keywords. This keyword list can help you optimize your organic keywords and find new ways of ranking in SERPs. SEMrush allows you to analyze the ranking of the top 100 websites on Google, check what keywords are bringing the most traffic on their website, and generate new ideas. By viewing the top organic keywords across desktop and mobile devices, you can explore SERP features, keyword trends, and the estimated traffic on keywords. You can also analyze the SERP performance of your competitor and unveil their SEO strategy.
- Generate Keyword Report: The platform allows you to generate a keyword report for your website, you can benchmark the competing domains for the same or similar keywords. Researching deeper and uncovering their traffic and traffic costs can help you create a bulletproof keyword ranking strategy. It would help if you always focused on the keywords worth competing for. You can filter them out and generate keyword lists for different campaigns or purposes.
- Keyword Magic Tool: The platform’s Keyword Magic tool has a database with over 20 billion keywords. You can use this database to find low competition, high volume keywords or generate thousands of combinations from one seed keyword. By updating all the keyword metrics on demand, you can stay up to date constantly. You can quickly develop new content ideas by finding terms tailored to your user’s intent. For finding potential keywords to rank for, analyze their total search volume and average difficulty. Once you have made and customized the list with advanced filters based on your viewer’s intent, you can easily export your keywords to other SEMrush tools.
- Keyword Gap Tool: SEMrush lets you compare your website or keyword profile with a competitor’s website and help spot any gaps and new keyword ranking opportunities. You can quickly run an in-depth keyword analysis on your competitor’s website and analyze the keyword they rank for. It allows you to compare five websites at a time. This means that you can add the top four competitor websites and analyze their detailed keyword list apart from your website.
- Discover Top Opportunities: For analyzing the corresponding search engine results, you can select a keyword type or set up a specific type for each domain. It can help you discover top opportunities for growth. By leveraging and estimating the overlap between the keyword portfolios of competing sites, you can find the keyword list with the most potential. You can download all these graphs and tables in .xls or .csv format. The platform also lets you create a powerful keyword and SEO strategy for your business, allowing you to analyze the metrics for up to 1000 keywords at once.
- Discover the organic or advertising value of any keyword.
- Analyze the complete list of keywords your competitors are ranking for and find the ones with the most potential.
- Research your keywords with a database of over 20 billion keywords.
- Analyze the metrics for up to 1000 keywords at once and discover ‘not-provided’ keywords.
SEMrush has three plans – Pro, Guru, and Business.
- The Pro Plan lets you manage 5 projects at a time. You can generate 10,000 domain and keyword analytics results per report and track 500 keywords in a day.
- The Guru Plan lets you generate data on your competitor's previous performance, gives you access to the content marketing platform, and allows you to track over 1500 keywords.
- The Business Plan lets you manage 40 projects at a time. You can generate 50,000 results per report, access historical data, use up to 5000 keyword metrics updates per month, and optimize your Google shopping campaigns.
SEMrush offers a seven-day free trial to its customers, where you can explore the advanced keyword ranking and optimizations features it provides to rank up your website.
Top Keyword Rank Tracking Tool with Interactive Reports
SERPWatcher is an efficient rank tracking tool where you can analyze the actual SERP performance of your website. Big brands like Airbnb, Adidas, Skyscanner, and Alexa trust this platform.
- Easy to Use Dashboard: The platform offers an interactive dashboard to its customers. It is easy to use and provides multiple details for keyword analysis and rank tracking. You need to enter a domain name or a keyword you target. SERPWatcher will show you all the details in seconds, displaying all the keywords on the left-hand panel and the metrics on the right-hand panel. You can analyze both desktop and mobile SERP results. By creating a location-specific keyword tracking system, you can track keywords, search volume, and positions more efficiently.
- Choose a Suitable Time Frame: The platform also lets you select a timeframe to analyze the performance of keywords and their positions accordingly. Sorting out the list of keywords has become easier with this platform. You can use different attributes such as search volume, current position, matching URL, include keywords, and exclude keywords.
- Well-Planned Performance Index: Performance Index or PI is one of the essential metrics this platform offers. SERPWatcher helps you analyze the performance of your website based on tracked keywords. The PI metric for a website can be calculated by considering different factors like total search volume and the actual position of keywords in SERPs. If your PI rating is higher, so will be your website's performance. When you notice a considerable rise, this means that the website's overall performance has improved in SERPs.
- Generate PI Score: A PI score helps you analyze which strategies are working and which ones you should drop. Website's performance is visible for a particular time frame by default. The platform lets you adjust this according to your requirements. PI scores can be viewed by clicking on the keyword on the screen.
- Individual Keyword Analysis: With SERPWatcher, you can analyze reports for individual keywords and track their position history right from the moment you add it to the list. You can also save the position for a particular day if you see a significant rise in the search volume or position of the keyword. The tool shows a list of the URLs currently ranking for your selected keyword. To get a detailed insight on competitor websites, including URL profiles and backlinks, you can use other tools offered by the parent company. By analyzing the search volume history of a particular keyword, you will decide whether it is possible to target the keyword and its future potential. This helps you study every aspect of the keyword.
- Generate Interactive Reports: The platform allows you to download and share interactive reports with your team members and clients. You don't even have to download it and attach it to the email. All you have to do is click on the ‘Share Tracking‘ button on the dashboard. SERPWatcher will provide you with a link to copy and share with your team and clients. They can also analyze other metrics, including position changes, search volume history, and URL ranking for your targeted keyword. It helps you and your team do a proper competitor analysis and figure out their SEO strategies before preparing one of your own. The tool can automatically generate weekly or monthly reports for your team and notify you when the targeted keyword enters or leaves the top 10 or top 100 results.
- Know the organic traffic potential of your website and how it truly performs in SERP.
- See the ranking of your website daily and track your performance indicators.
- Track your keyword or website ranking in any location or device.
- Share interactive reports with your clients or teammates with a single click.
SERPWatcher is a tool offered by the parent company Mangools. It has three plans – Mangools Basic, Mangools Premium, and Mangools Agency.
- The Mangools Basic Plan offers 100 keyword lookups in a day, allows you to search 25 competitor keywords, and tracks over 200 keywords daily.
- The Mangools Premium Plan allows three people to log in simultaneously. It offers 70 site lookups daily, tracks around 700 keywords, and analyzes unlimited competitor keywords.
- The Mangools Agency Plan allows ten people to log in simultaneously. It offers over 1200 keyword lookups daily 700 keyword suggestions and tracks 1200 keywords in 24 hours.
With SERPWatcher, you get access to a 10-day free trial without adding your credit card details. You get access to unlimited competitor keyword searches, SERP lookups, and over 700 keyword suggestions. You are also eligible for a 10% lifetime discount if you upgrade to a paid plan within one hour of starting your free trial.
Most Suitable Keyword Rank Tracking Application for Discovering New Keywords
Wincher helps you track your keyword’s position on Google and enables you to increase your qualitative traffic from organic research. You can quickly improve your rankings and track your performance over time.
- Efficient Keyword Research Function: To improve your on-page SEO activity and ranking, you need to do proper and thorough keyword research. The quality of your content depends upon how thorough your research is. Wincher is an intuitive platform that offers additional keyword suggestions for your seed keyword. These suggestions are usually beneficial and can give you more content ideas. The keyword research tool is integrated with the rank tracker tool, making it more convenient.
- Detailed Keyword Metrics: Besides offering keyword suggestions, the platform also displays search volume, estimated traffic volume, and cost-per-click data. It also suggests the keywords where your website has a good chance of ranking and the keywords where your website is already ranking on Google SERPs. You can either handpick keywords you find interesting or add all of them to your daily rank tracking in a few simple steps. Wincher also lets you directly import your keywords from the Google Search Console. This feature is ideal for constantly adding new keywords to your website and reviewing its performance.
- Comprehensible Dashboard: Wincher has quite an interactive dashboard that gives you an overview of how your keywords perform. Here you can check different metrics for your chosen keywords. This visual platform offers a bar chart view of the position changes of your chosen keywords. It displays how many keywords have climbed the rankings and those that have fallen in a particular time frame. This report helps you create a comprehensive keyword table for your website.
- Analyze Position and Traffic of Keywords: The dashboard also gives you an idea about the average position of your website or keywords. While viewing the website's average position is not a very useful criterion, you can use this feature while tracking the performance of individual pages or blog posts. You can also view your website's overall traffic figures and compare them by adjusting the date range. The keyword rank tracking software provides a weekly or monthly comparison of traffic for your website. Wincher offers a detailed keyword table for your website. Against all the chosen keywords, it displays the best page of your website. You can also view the current ranking page, keyword volume, and estimated traffic.
- Well Organized Rank Tracker: Whenever you publish a new article or add a new product page to your website, it is essential to analyze its performance regarding SEO. Wincher’s rank tracking feature helps you do precisely that. It allows you to track the rankings of our chosen keywords with ease. While the platform automatically detects a few keywords that your website is already ranking for, you can add the rest manually to this tool. Once you have added all the keywords, the tool will automatically fetch your website’s rankings for each of them, helping you analyze the performance of your website as a whole, as well as individual category pages.
- Daily Updates: The best part about this keyword rank tracking software is daily updates. The data is updated daily and displays the daily position changes and the average position. It makes the data highly accurate and more reliable when compared with other rank trackers. The platform lets you analyze how well each page on your website performs. You can also view the total volume of the keywords and their driving traffic for each page. This volume enables you to understand the most vital keyword helping your page rank in the SERPs.
- Competitor Analysis: Competitor analysis is one of the most important parts of your SEO strategy. It is one of the best ways to get an idea of where you stand in the market. Doing thorough competitor research and analyzing the keywords they rank helps you create a better promotional strategy for your website. All you have to do is enter your competitor's domain, and the tool will fetch the traffic and the keywords they are ranking for. This will help you analyze how you compare head-to-head with your rivals and figure out how to outrank them to improve your rankings. You can also use the platform to create visual and interactive reports. The on-page SEO checker lets you analyze your pages for optimization and compare them with your competitor's websites.
- Get a quick overview of the performance of your websites and keywords, irrespective of their number.
- Get up to 6 months of ranking history of the added keywords to analyze their performance over time.
- Invite an unlimited number of users to your account and work on your strategy with your entire team.
- Keep an eye on your competitors by getting daily ranking updates.
Wincher has three plans – Starter, Business, and Enterprise.
- The Starter Plan offers daily ranking updates, allows you to track up to 500 keywords, and track ten websites.
- The Business Plan allows you to get on-demand ranking updates, access and track unlimited websites, and add up to 10 competitors for every website.
- The Enterprise Plan allows you to track up to 10,000 keywords, create on-demand and scheduled PDF reports, integrate Google Search Console to your tool, and manage user and project permissions.
Wincher offers a 14-day free trial to its customers, where you can track daily rank updates, analyze multiple websites at a time, create pdf reports, and generate an on-page SEO score for your website. By subscribing to their annual plan, you can use this tool for free for two months.
Best Suited Keyword Rank Tracking Software for Custom SEO Reporting
Advanced Web Ranking offers fresh web rankings to their customers every week, month, and on-demand. You access these white label reports and can from any device. Top brands trust the platform, including Microsoft, Amazon, and Digitas.
- Access Accurate Keyword Rankings: Advanced Web Ranking has been a part of this industry for over 19 years, so that you can trust their data accuracy. The platform offers new and accurate keyword rankings from over 4,000 search engines. You can monitor your website’s ranking in more than 170 countries. In addition to Google, you can also track your website rankings on multiple search engines, including Youtube, DuckDuckGo, Amazon, Yandex, and Baidu.
- Track Website’s Performance: You can also track, optimize, and compare your website’s ranking and performance in SERPs across multiple devices. These rankings can be gathered either on set, at regular intervals, or on-demand. Besides global rankings, you can even track local rankings with this tool. The platform lets you select any location in the world down to a country, state, city, or even define the GPS coordinates of the location you wish to track. Tracking local search volumes for your keywords has become easier. You can quickly visualize the keywords your website has the potential to rank for and analyze your website’s traditional ranking in Universal search.
- VIsualize Your SEO Progress: If you are working as an agency or a freelancer and have multiple clients, you can use this platform to prove the value you are bringing to them. You can create interactive reports and show them your SEO efforts, keyword rankings, and on-page optimization reports. The tool can be easily integrated with Google, and you can retrieve keyword and website ranking metrics from Google Search Console, Google Analytics, and Google Ads.
- Develop a SEO Strategy: By tracking the performance of your keywords and the keywords you are trying to target, you will be able to develop an excellent promotional SEO strategy. You can segment data, access your website, and fix any ranking changes you might notice, helping you save your website from any damage to organic performance. The platform allows you to view the organic performance of your keywords and website with the help of key performance indicators. These include visibility, click share, average rank, estimated visits, and market share.
- Uncover Ranking Opportunities: Advanced Web Ranking can monitor your keyword’s ranking for all types of SERP features available in Google’s search results. It means you can uncover ranking opportunities with the help of powerful filters. This helps you win new SERP features and improve your visibility within search rankings. The keyword rank tracking tool lets you track the performance of your website and view whether your pages are winning any special listings like featured snippets, people also ask, AMP, top stories, or knowledge panel.
- Detailed SERP Feature Reports: Advanced Web Ranking lets you generate a report, helping you decide which SERP feature is driving the most traffic to your website, allowing you to identify new keyword opportunities that you can target. The platform also gives you a detailed report about your landing pages and how you can focus on improving their organic performance and visibility.
- Easy Competitor Analysis: Advanced Web Ranking tool helps you keep an eye on what your competitors are doing and ranking for, giving you a sustainable competitive advantage. You can track and compare the visibility of your competitors on Google SERPs for the keyword you are targeting. This will help you figure out the weak points in their strategy that you can use to improve yours. You can also target the competitive keywords that are worth pursuing.
- Quick Rival Comparison: By keeping a weekly track of SERPs dynamics, you will be able to identify all the new competition, which you might have missed otherwise. The platform also lets you replicate your competitor’s strategy by allowing you to make a side-by-side comparison of what type of content drives better search results. This, in turn, helps you to figure out a strategy and outrank them.
- Easily handle projects with large keyword sets and multiple search engines.
- Create interactive reports and share them easily by granting access to your account.
- Track, compare and optimize your keywords and website’s ranking across multiple search engines.
- Integrate your tool with various data sources and generate a detailed report on your keywords.
Advanced Web Ranking has four plans – Starter, Pro, Agency, and Enterprise.
- The Starter Plan allows you to track local and mobile rankings, offer flexible updates and give you access to a detailed keyword difficulty report.
- The Pro Plan allows you to manage unlimited projects and add unlimited users to your team. You can also generate an aggregated list of competitors across the entire keyword set.
- The Agency Plan allows you to access local keyword search volumes, get data on historical rankings of keywords, and generate fresh rankings for your projects every hour.
- The Enterprise Plan is their flagship program that offers a dedicated account manager, data migration assistance, and priority customer support.
Advanced Web Ranking offers a 30-day free trial to its customers, where you can track unlimited websites, get access to mobile and local rank tracking, and get thousands of keyword updates weekly from Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
Leading Keyword Ranking Tool with Enterprise Level SERP Data
Nozzle is one of the leading keyword ranking tools that offer more accurate business SERP data than most other tools in the business. It helps you rank on top of organic search results and devise a strategy for your ad campaigns.
- Brand Tracking and Monitoring: Most tracking softwares limits their customers to just one site at a time. On the other hand, Nozzle allows you to track as many competitor websites as you want across search engines. This helps you keep a better record of your competitors and analyze the keywords you are ranking for. They make it easy by using properties, brands, and URLs instead of single domain names. When you can track brands, you can monitor their every move.
- Build Custom Rules: The platform also lets you build custom rules for tracking and monitoring multiple websites. With these, you can get as specific as you want. This feature helps you perform robust competitive analysis and figure out the strengths and weaknesses in their SEO strategy. You can use this data to improve your promotional strategy and devise a plan to outrank your rivals. The tool also lets you detect your unknown competitors through the share-of-voice dashboard. You can include them as designated competitors in your dashboard, and the tool will rewrite the historical data incorporating this new rival.
- Flexible Scheduling: Not all keywords as equal or measured through similar parameters. Short keywords are more competitive and require detailed insight to create an SEO strategy. On the other hand, long-tail keywords are easier to rank and require a detailed report on their CPC and volume. The Nozzle is one of the only search engine position tools in the industry that offers flexible and real-time schedules to its customers. The platform does not force you to pay the same price to track long-tail keywords as your seed keywords. You can easily split your keywords into as many scheduling buckets as you want for your project. These scheduling buckets let you keep a close eye and monitor important and competitive keywords daily, hourly, or even every 5 minutes. In contrast, keywords kept in separate scheduling buckets, which are not as important, can be monitored by setting a weekly or monthly schedule. It helps you keep track of your keyword rankings without breaking the bank.
- SERP Data: Accurate and reliable data is essential for creating an SEO strategy that will eventually help your website grow. The Nozzle gives you access to extensive SERP data that you can use to analyze your performance, your competitor’s performance, and how you can outrank them and improve your rankings. You get access to advanced metrics, including estimated traffic, PPC volume, and search volume for the chosen keywords.
- Analyze Keyword Groups: The platform lets you analyze keyword groups with group-driven performance dashboards, drill through, and detailed comparison. You can place your keywords in as many groups as you want and manage them in bulk. Nozzle gives you access to data from any search engine, device, or location. To create an ad campaign strategy, you can analyze paid results of your competitors and how they are affecting the results and traffic daily. This strategy helps you create a bulletproof plan for your paid ads.
- Seamless Third Party Integrations: When you integrate your tool with multiple third-party applications, you can maximize the performance of your tool. This also lets your teamwork with softwares and interfaces they are already familiar with. The platform ensures that all the data you have paid for is yours to command, and you can use them the way you like. This means that you can download reports in .csv format or integrate the platform to use this data with other tools. You can easily unlock the value of your data by integrating with Google Data Studio, Tableau, and Domo.
- Track as many search engine rank positions as you like.
- Find unknown competitors with the share-of-voice dashboard and integrate them into your historical data.
- Create flexible and real-time schedules.
- Seamlessly integrate your data with third-party applications and export them with easy-to-read reports.
Nozzle has four plans – Basic, Advanced, Pro, and Pro Plus.
- The Basic Plan is suitable for companies that are just starting. All the platform features are included in this plan, including 10,000 keyword pulls.
- The Advanced Plan is suitable for growing companies. All the features of the platform are included in this plan, including 21,000 keyword pulls.
- The Pro Plan is suitable for medium businesses. All the platform features are included in this plan, including 60,000 keyword pulls.
- The Pro Plus Plan is suitable for medium businesses that are on the path to becoming large enterprises. All the features of the platform are included in this plan, including 130,000 keyword pulls.
Nozzle offers a premium 14-day free trial to its customers that offers brand tracking, competitor monitoring, flexible scheduling, and a detailed report on SERP data.
Best Suited Keyword Rank Tracking Software for Mobile and Local Rankings
Authoritylabs is an industry-leading SEO software trusted by managers and marketers across the industry. The platform offers extensive keyword data and searches engine ranking to automate your SEO monitoring and recover keywords with the most potential.
- Daily Updates: Authoritylabs is a cloud-based software. This means that you can use this platform without downloading or installing any additional software. The platform also offers daily updates to keywords that help you improve your SEO strategy following the updated changes. Daily updates are essential as they help you analyze the unexpected trends in the chosen keywords.
- Generate a Complete SEO Strategy: Authoritylabs enables you to create a complete SEO picture of the SEO ranking performance over time. You can look into your performance for the past 30 or 90 days and analyze which keywords have driven the most traffic to your website. The platform also lets you analyze your historical data from the start of your campaign. It also instantly handles any maintenance or bug fixes to their software.
- Local and Mobile Tracking: Unlike other SERP tracking softwares that offer global search results for keywords, Authoritylabs also gives you access to local and mobile keyword rankings. The platform’s local tracking capabilities help you break down your search to GPS coordinates or exact pin codes. This feature is helpful when trying to rank your product page or business to your local audience. There is quite a difference in search intent when people search through their desktops and mobile phones. Mobile searchers usually look for quick information, details about local businesses, price comparisons, and taking actions based on purchase intent. Authoritylabs gives you a detailed analysis of mobile search results to help you choose your keywords and create a mobile-first SEO strategy.
- Efficiency Tracking: Authoritylabs makes sure that you can target customers from all around the world. With the help of a global tracking feature, you can analyze keyword data worldwide and look for keywords that have the most competition or potential. Additionally, it helps you figure out your competition on a global level. You can easily load your domain and your rivals and compare their SEO strategy with yours. By looking for new keywords, you can generate unique content ideas. Studying their strategy, helps you pinpoint their weaknesses and outrank them in SERPs.
- Track SERP Data Points: The platform can track many data points from search results, including answer snippets, people also ask, related searches, local pack, knowledge graphs, and paid search engine advertisements. If you are an e-commerce business or are planning to start one, you can focus your keyword search on e-commerce search optimization and track keyword rankings on over 20 ecommerce sites. This includes Amazon, Walmart, and Target.
- Intuitive Reports: Reports are important to study and analyze the data for future reference. Authoritylabs is easy to use and visually represents SEO rankings through intuitive reports. These reports can be used to track campaign performance over time. You can also export reports and forward them to your clients or teammates. The reports are easy to understand. You can even schedule daily email reports with the platform. Authoritylabs can be easily integrated with third-party applications such as Google Analytics and other data sources. It also allows you to add unlimited team members to your account, making the creating process of your SEO strategy easier.
- Add unlimited team members to your account and work without any hassle.
- Monitor SEO performance with reliable and accurate keyword data.
- Expand the reach of your keyword research by adding domains or pages from any country or language.
- Dig into local or mobile-specific data and find keywords with the most potential.
Authoritylabs has four plans – Plus, Pro, Pro Plus, and Enterprise.
- The Plus Plan lets you analyze up to 250 keywords and track 50 domains. You also get access to local and mobile tracking, along with daily keyword updates.
- The Pro Plan lets you analyze 1000 keywords and 100 domains. You can integrate your tool with Google Data Studio as well.
- The Pro Plus Plan gives you access to reports, offers daily updates, local and mobile tracking, and lets you analyze up to 2500 keywords.
- With the Enterprise Plan, you can analyze more than 5000 keywords and unlimited domains. You also access Google data studio integration, white-label, and Interface API.
Authoritylabs offer an exclusive 14-day free trial to its customers, where you can add unlimited members to your team, track local and mobile keywords, and download reports to share with your clients.
Fastest Keyword Rank Tracking Software for Competitive Research
Moz Pro Keyword Rank Checker is a lightning-fast tool that lets you check your keyword ranking instantly. It helps you perform better research in less time, allowing you to check the ranking of any website quickly.
- Access Historical Data: Unlike popular keyword tracking softwares, Moz Pro allows you to access historical performance data of any keyword. This data, in turn, helps you analyze whether a keyword observes any seasonal hikes or lows. Historical data is a crucial aspect of your search engine optimization strategy. You can analyze the performance of your websites and different category pages, helping you figure out what is and isn’t working for your website. This helps you compare how you have grown your business over the years.
- Campaign Rankings Tracker: Moz Pro gives an overview of the movements of your rank on multiple search engines. The Campaign Rankings Tracker helps you check out how your position has changed over time on different search engines, including Google, Yahoo, and Bing. This tool is in-built into the software.
- Global and Local Rank Tracker: Different businesses might have varied needs for searching keywords and analyzing their rank. If you are an agency or a freelancer, you might see a few clients who target international audiences worldwide. In contrast, others want their SEO strategy targeted towards their local audience. Moz Pro offers global and local rank trackers to accommodate all businesses. It gives you the ability to check how well your keywords perform on search engines in more than 200 countries. You can use parameters such as search engines, labels, or rank to sort your data. Local rank tracking is crucial and helps refine your keyword and SEO strategies based on local search variations. On the other hand, global search engine rankings are essential for international businesses.
- Tracking Competitor Rankings: Tracking how your competitors are performing is crucial to the sustainability of your website. If you want to top the Google search results, you need to know your competitors and how their website is performing. It would help to analyze the keywords they are ranking for their SEO strategy and figure out their strengths and weaknesses. This will help you build a bulletproof SEO strategy for your website.
- Compare Your Performance: Moz Pro enables you to compare the performance of your website and keywords against your competitors. This comparison is helpful as it lets you find the overlapping keywords, and the ones you see have more potential. Once you figure out the competitive keywords, you can improve your strategy and rank those instead. You can also make use of other tools offered by this SEO tool, including domain authority, link metrics, anchor text, and title tag tools to get a detailed insight into your search engine rank. By adjusting your keywords you can improve the overall rank of your website.
- Mobile and Desktop Rankings: Most people and even a few keyword ranking softwares do not consider the difference between desktop and mobile searches while showing ranking results. People search with different intent on their mobile compared to desktops. Creating content for both desktops and mobiles is necessary to cater to all the people's searches. Most search engines prioritize websites that have generated content based on mobile queries. The Moz Pro rank tracker helps you compare your rank for both mobile and desktop devices separately. By doing this, you can analyze which keywords are bringing the most traffic for your desktop and mobile. Based on the data, you will boost your performance on both devices.
- Generate instant rankings reports and identify your site’s performance for your target keywords.
- Receive ranking data from multiple search engines, including Bing, Yahoo, Google, and Google mobile.
- Analyze the ranking of your keywords by their search volume. The platform boasts more than 95% accuracy in its data.
- View the progress of your website and web pages and add all the data to a ranking history graph.
Moz Pro Keyword Rank Checker offers four plans – Standard, Medium, Large, and Premium.
- The Standard Plan allows you to create three campaigns, track up to 300 keyword rankings, and give you access to 5 on-demand crawls every month.
- The Medium Plan lets you work on ten campaigns, generate 5,000 queries per month, and get access to mobile and desktop rankings.
- The Large Plan gives you access to unlimited reports that generate up to 500 rank checker queries every day and 15,000 keyword queries per month.
- With the Premium Plan, you can create 50 campaigns, track up to 4,500 keyword rankings, and generate 100 on-demand crawls every month.
Moz Pro Keyword Rank Checker gives you access to a 30-day free trial of their premium services. You can track your keyword ranking, do a detailed competitor analysis, generate reports, and get access to local and global rankings and SERP data.
Affordable Keyword Rank Tracking Software with a Large Database
Ranktracker is one of the most popular keyword rank tracking software where you can find the best keywords from a database of billions of keywords. The platform is trusted by more than 20,000 users, gaining accurate insights.
- Competitor Insight: Getting an idea as to what your competitors are doing and how they are moving forward in Google SERPs is necessary to build a strong SEO strategy for your website. Unlike other rank tracking softwares, Ranktracker focuses on breaking down competitor’s SEO strategy into every little detail. They offer an in-depth report on their overall website, along with the individual web pages. The goal is to have more information about your competitor’s website and strategy than you have about your website. All you have to do is enter your competitor’s URL into the box.
- Compare Competitor Websites: The platform will automatically compare their ranking movements and keywords side-by-side to yours. This will help you analyze how well your strategy works and when to ramp up your SEO activities. This tool also gives you an insight into how your pages are ranking. Ranktracker gives you an average position for each page, along with additional metrics and performance indicators like search volume or traffic. You can even view what keywords your web pages are ranking for. This can be done for a competitor’s website as well.
- Visual Overview of Progress: Getting an insight into how your website is ranking week-by-week is essential for you to decide on your future SEO strategies. When you are just starting your business, you might try different approaches to determine which one works the best for your industry. Ranktracker gives you a visual overview of your ranking progress to help you figure out the perfect strategy. It displays all the data in the form of graphs, displaying how your position has changed over time. This enables you to analyze and share your progress with your colleagues and clients. You can get an instant overview of traffic, visibility, and more. View if your search engine shows any SERP features for your website, like featured snippets or reviews. If not, you can use these opportunities to optimize your content for SERP features and get a massive traffic boost.
- Generate Helpful Metrics: Ranktracker helps you generate and analyze helpful metrics for every keyword. The interactive dashboard enables you to view all the critical metrics for a particular keyword in one place. With performance indicators such as CPC, keyword difficulty, and clicks, you can see how your keywords are generating traffic for your website.
- Historical Data Report: The platform also allows you to get a historical data report for your websites, web pages, and keywords. Depending on your requirement, you can generate 7, 30, and 90 days reports. These reports can help you analyze what strategies are working for you and causing a drop in your traffic. The spikes and dips in your traffic volume will correspond to your marketing activities.
- Maximize Your Sales: When you write tons of content on your website, there are times that your website might be ranking on a few keywords without you even realizing it. This means that you are losing sales opportunities if you are not maximizing your sales on the pages already ranking. Ranktracker’s discovery tool helps you identify the keywords to optimize your content and generate new pieces accordingly. It can also give way to new sales opportunities. You can also generate a report giving you accurate insights into every optimization stage. These will help you make smart decisions for your business.
- Track the progress of your website’s ranking based on global, national, and local regions.
- Easily view your ranking progress on different platforms, including both mobile and desktop.
- Efficiently track organic and absolute positions for your keywords and find your accurate ranking.
- Get daily email notifications for any of your websites whenever there is a change in the traffic or rankings.
Ranktracker has four plans – Starter, Double Data, Quad Data, and Hex Data.
- The Starter Plan allows you to track up to 100 keywords every day, look for two competitors per domain, and suggest up to 100 keywords per search.
- The Double Data Plan gives you access to 500 daily tracked keywords, suggests up to 12 keywords for every search, and generates unlimited reports.
- The Quad Data Plan lets you track unlimited domains, gives you access to PPC rankings, keyword ranking discovery, and share tracking links with your team.
- The Hex Data Plan allows you to add unlimited users to your team, get access to 1000 keyword difficulty checks, audit 10,000 pages every month, and generate automatic reports.
With Ranktracker, you get access to a 7-days free trial, where you can add unlimited members to your team, generate reports, and create actionable SEO tasks.
What is a Keyword Rank Tracker?
Keyword rank trackers help marketers monitor the progress of their keywords and their SEO campaign. It is an important SEO tool that helps determine how high your content is ranked in SERPs.
Keyword rank tracker tools help you analyze how your keyword and website rankings have developed over time, allowing you to figure out strategies that can increase rankings and traffic. These rank tracker tools also display all the additional metrics related to your keywords and the ones that your competitors are using.
These tools help you improve your website’s on-page performance. They also offer performance indicators for your keywords and website that affect its ranking, including position, search volume, traffic, and CPC.
Key Features to Look for in a Keyword Rank Tracking Software
Planning out successful SEO strategies without knowing keywords and your website’s performance is next to impossible. A good keyword rank tracking tool will help you analyze your keywords and suggest the keywords you can target for your content.
Here are a few key features that you should look for in keyword rank tracking software.
Accurate and reliable data is the backbone for any successful SEO strategy. Even one or two incorrect results can damage your strategy. Some rank tracking software in the market cannot distinguish between global and local ranking, thus offering mixed results to their customers.
While selecting a tool for tracking the ranking of your keywords, you should make sure that it has been in the market for quite a few years. It helps build up an extensive database of keywords and has a better chance of showing accurate results. Additionally, it would help if you chose tools that offer daily updates on their keyword reports.
2. Local Results
The ability to check local results is an important feature when talking about keyword rank tracking tools. This is because there might be times when you want to publish a content piece or push your sale to a particular region of the world. These tools would then help you figure out what people are searching for.
While selecting a keyword rank tracking software, you should pick one that shows you global, national, state, and city-wise ranking of keywords. There are tools out there that are more advanced and offer keyword ranking and suggestions based on area code and GPS coordinates. These are a little more professional and are recommended for e-commerce website owners.
3. Ease of Use
A rank tracker should have a simple and easy-to-use interface. It is essential that employees with less technical background can also use the tool and improve your website’s content and keyword strategy.
While selecting a keyword rank tracking tool, you need to make sure that it has a straightforward dashboard. The platform should display all the notifications directly on the dashboard and the email address.
4. Interactive Reports
Reports are essential when we discuss SEO tools. They help you track your performance over the years and share them with your team members and clients. Some SEO tools are restricted to reports and do not allow you to share links or download them in an accepted format. This might be a problem for you if you are an agency or a freelancer.
When you choose a keyword rank tracker for your company, you should make sure that the tool offers interactive and visual reports that are easy to understand. Some advanced tools let you directly copy a link and share it with your clients, which can then access the report through your account and get a detailed insight into the website's performance and keywords.
5. Unlimited Users
The best keyword rank tracking softwares do not keep a cap on the number of users you can add to your team. Creating an SEO strategy requires a lot of research and brainstorming. Most content marketing teams try to include as many people as possible to get a different perspective and new content ideas.
While subscribing to a keyword rank tracking tool, you should select a subscription plan that lets you add unlimited members to your team.
Choosing the Right Keyword Rank Tracker
The right keyword rank tracker depends on your website’s requirements and the features needed to manage your SEO campaign effectively.
- If you are looking for software with a huge database of keywords, you should try SEMRush, Ranktracker, and SE Ranking.
- If you are looking for a tool that generates visual and interactive reports, you should choose SERPWatcher, Authoritylabs, and Advanced Web Ranking.
- If you are looking for a platform that offers in-depth competitor analysis, you can try Moz Pro Keyword Rank Checker, Wincher, or Nozzle.