That was the number of emails sent by Mailchimp customers in 2020.
No doubt, many marketers and business owners use Mailchimp for their email marketing needs, but does that mean it is the perfect fit for your business?
Using the right email marketing software makes connecting with your customers easy because it has the right features and services that suit your business’ needs.
You may feel obliged to use Mailchimp as it has many incredible email marketing features. Nevertheless, there are numerous Mailchimp alternatives with far better features that can precisely satisfy your business’ needs.
Read through our list to find the best Mailchimp alternative for you to test out for your business.
Why Choose Mailchimp Alternatives?
Globally, 91% of organizations see email as an effective marketing channel, and luckily, there are many email marketing software available for you.
While some may prefer to use Mailchimp, it may not be the perfect fit for your business.
Here are the reasons why.
1. Zero Restrictions Against Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is a multi-billion dollar industry. In the US alone, affiliate marketing spending will reach $8.2 billion in 2022 from $5.4 billion in 2017.
That’s one of the numerous reasons why affiliate marketers continue to increase with every passing second.
However, as an affiliate marketer, you cannot use Mailchimp to execute your email marketing plans.
Mailchimp has a strict rule against affiliate marketing on its platform and also against pharmaceutical products, list broker services, multi-level marketing, mortgages, and loans.
In Mailchimp’s defense, they are trying to protect their delivery rate.
However, those policies are too strict, especially for freelancers, digital marketers, and many work from home content creators.
So, if you are an affiliate marketer and you decide to use Mailchimp for your affiliate marketing purposes, you won’t make any profit.
You are also at risk of losing all the contacts in your email list, and in some cases, Mailchimp could cancel your account forever.
2. Full-fledged Automation Functionality
Mailchimp offers basic automation features, which is a serious downer coming from an email marketing software that has been occupying that space for over 19 years.
You can get access to automation features like autoresponders, which helps to improve your subscriber’s experience. However, only people that subscribed via your web form can enjoy this feature.
Workflow editor, which every email marketing software seems to be having nowadays, is somehow missing in Mailchimp, and there’s also no room for custom automation.
So, you’ll have to go through a hard time setting up your email marketing strategies.
3. Affordable Pricing System
Mailchimp is list-centric, which means they charge you based on the number of contacts on your email list.
So, if you have the same contacts in two email lists, Mailchimp will charge you for two subscribers.
Also, if you have unsubscribed or inactive contacts still in your email list, Mailchimp will still include them in your subscriber’s count.
Best Mailchimp Alternatives for List Building and Email Marketing
- Constant Contact
- Campaign Monitor
Most Popular Subscriber-based Email Marketing Platform for Freelancers and Content Creators.
ConvertKit is an email marketing platform with powerful editing features that eases the management of emails and contact lists for businesses that create and share content online, such as YouTubers, Bloggers, and many others.
This Mailchimp alternative automates your email marketing campaign with its drag-and-drop email sequences and has over 80 email templates to help you create highly-professional and intriguing emails.
Looking to build your website in the future, ConvertKit has a landing page builder and form building functionality for you to grow your audience easily pending when your website becomes live.
ConvertKit allows you to build automated workflows triggered by events such as product purchases, enrolling in a new course, and new subscriptions.
You can also personalize your email content with tags peculiar to your subscribers, create sign-in forms and insert them directly on your website.
The reporting tool from ConvertKit is also beneficial as it tracks your conversation rates and provides valuable reports on how your subscribers interact with your emails.
ConvertKit has a great support system and a 10 Person Rule that provides you with the easy steps to help you navigate the platform and get subscribers.
ConvertKit has a free version available for only 1,000 email contacts and offers a 14-day trial period on all its pricing plans.
There are two pricing plans: The Creator Plan and the Creator Pro Plan, and they offer more advanced features than the free plan.
Additionally, your subscription price increases as your subscribers increase.
- Visual automation builder with a drag-and-drop interface.
- Customizable designs with over 80 template themes that cover various industries, ranging from E-commerce to sales pages and holiday emails.
- Free migration from other email service providers.
- Automation funnels are easy to implement.
- A/B testing.
- Robust email broadcast and sequence tool.
- Zero charges for duplicate subscribers or unsubscribed contacts.
- Open rate tracking.
- Auto deduplication feature ensures that you never send duplicate emails to the same subscriber.
- ConvertKit has an affiliate program that offers you a smart way to monetize your list.
- Tags and segmentation-based email content.
- Integrate ConvertKit CRM with several third-party tools, including Gumroad, Podia, Zapier, Booklaunch, WooCommerce, Stripe, and many others.
Why Choose ConvertKit Over Mailchimp?
ConvertKit as a Mailchimp alternative is subscriber centric. That means that you’ll only pay for loyal subscribers once.
Also, unsubscribed or ‘ghost’ contacts do not count towards determining your overall contact limit.
On the other hand, Mailchimp is list centric, which means you’ll have to pay every time your loyal contacts subscribe to a new list.
Solid Email Marketing Platform with Social Media Integrations for Small Businesses.
Constant Contact has an attractive and intuitive user interface with a drag-and-drop editor to help you create professional email campaigns easily.
It has over 160 mobile-optimized templates and a branded template builder that can create an email to match your business’s goals with a minimum of clicks.
Constant Contact has numerous features, including “Workflow Automation” and “Split Testing,” that enables you to customize how you target each contact, customer, or client.
Real-time tracking tools and list segmentation also makes it easier for you to track each marketing campaign’s results and improve future marketing efforts.
Constant Contact has built-in tools to help you extend your email marketing campaigns to social media. You can schedule and share content on social media and monitor content directly from your dashboard, so you don’t have to always switch between social media sites.
Integrations with third-party software, including WordPress, Eventbrite, Salesforce, QuickBooks, and E-commerce platforms like Shopify, BigCommerce, and WooCommerce, make it easier for you to streamline your marketing efforts and target every customer specifically.
Constant Contact has two pricing plans: Email and Email Plus, and both plans include a one-month free trial as well as basic features such as unlimited email campaigns, customizable templates, and list segmentation.
However, the number of contacts in the email database will determine pricing on both plans.
- Intuitive and elegant user interface.
- Over 160 mobile-responsive templates.
- Hassle-free integrations with E-commerce platforms.
- Real-time campaign analytics and customer satisfaction statistics to enhance your marketing strategy.
- Built-in tools that integrate with social media easily.
- SSL encryption of your customers’ information.
- Effective contact database management.
- Subject line A/B testing.
- Useful list-building tools for email campaigns, social media, websites, and SMS.
- Efficient customer support via phone, online chat, video tutorials, and forums.
Why Choose Constant Contact Over Mailchimp?
Constant Contact as a Mailchimp alternative has an outstanding app marketplace. It uses categories for its search function by business need or industry, making the process easier even for beginners.
You can also plug native apps directly into Constant Contact, such as Constant Contact for Gmail and Constant Contact’s List Builder for iOS.
Mailchimp, on the other hand, offers a lot of native integrations but has complex search functionality. That means you have to know what app you need before you begin searching for it.
Also, unlike Mailchimp that offers phone support only on its premium plan, Constant Contact has phone support available on all its plans.
Most Affordable Email Marketing Tool for Marketers and Businesses Looking for Automated Workflows for All Sorts of Campaigns.
Sendinblue is one of the most useful email marketing tools for responsive email marketing services on any of the world’s professional lists with absolutely welcoming UI designs, dotted with colorful texts and visible functions.
From the web dashboard, you can quickly create a new campaign or template, view your marketing analytics, or adjust various settings just as you desire.
You can also access its automation feature that allows you to monitor, market, and increase your analytics easily while also focusing on other vital aspects of your business.
Sendinblue’s CRM is one of the most powerful payoffs for email and SMS marketing, with special regards for other essential features such as customer chats interface, marketing automation and regulations, landing pages, follow-ups, and many others.
You can also create separate pages for transactional emails and a list of your contacts.
Sendinblue is GDPR-compliant, and it automatically uses TLS protocol for outgoing connections. However, crucial features like two-factor authentication and user activity tracking for team accounts are absent here.
You can access Sendinblue via their website and desktop app available on only Windows Vista as it doesn’t have apps for Mac, Linux, iOS, or Android users.
Sendinblue has a free version that allows you to send only 300 emails in a day.
However, to send up to 100,000 emails, you must purchase its pricing plans: The Lite Plan, The Premium Plan, and The Enterprise Plan.
- Powerful yet easy drag and drop automation builder that helps you create a detailed email series.
- Various customizable templates to fit your business’s goals.
- Useful segmentation options to help tailor your email content to the perfect audience and improve engagements.
- Automation control feature to save time and boost your performance.
- Flexible payment choices.
- Detailed statistics and analysis for every campaign.
- A/B testing to improve performance.
- Numerous resources and a Sendinblue academy to help clarify your confusion.
- You can launch a Facebook ads campaign directly from your account.
Why Choose Sendinblue Over Mailchimp?
Sendinblue is an impressive Mailchimp alternative that offers a simple and straightforward segmentation and contact management on all its plans. You also get to create more personalized emails with it.
In contrast, Mailchimp offers such advanced segmentation only on its Premium plan, which costs $299 monthly.
Sendinblue also has an incredibly flexible A/B testing feature that gives you full control of your email campaigns and allows you to test your email content, subject line, images, landing pages, workflows, and bulk SMS.
In contrast, Mailchimp offers an A/B testing feature on all its pricing plans. However, you cannot test your workflows, landing pages, or bulk SMS.
Most Affordable Email Marketing Platform with Powerful Automation Workflow Builder for Small Businesses.
Moosend is an email marketing tool that helps E-commerce businesses and organizations to manage and improve their email marketing campaigns.
It has a drag-and-drop interface with hundreds of modern templates to help you create and customize stunning email newsletters.
Moosend has a robust email marketing automation software with numerous management solutions that allows you to handle and launch email campaigns strategically. Some of these solutions include collating customer data using opt-in or sign-up forms, create and segment email lists, and many others.
The automation software also optimizes your E-commerce business activities by using triggers from your customers’ actions on your website to reduce shopping cart abandonment instances, gain insights into your visitors’ behavior, and improve your customers’ experience.
These triggers can include your customer clicking on a link in your email or buying a product.
Moosend also has a powerful analytics feature that offers an in-depth analysis of your customers’ engagements with your emails. That will help you monitor and analyze your email campaigns and establish brilliant strategies to increase your reach.
Moosend has a free plan with essential email marketing features for businesses with only 1,000 email clients.
You can purchase its pricing plans once your subscribers are above 1,000.
Pricing begins at $8 monthly for the Pro Plan, and you’ll require a custom quote for the Enterprise plan.
- Free plan with flexible functionalities for 1,000 email recipients.
- Intuitive user interface.
- Hundreds of responsive email templates.
- Email list segmentation.
- Recommends products to your subscribers based on their previous activities.
- A/B testing.
- In-built report and analytics feature to fine-tune your email marketing campaign.
- Easily integrates with third-party tools including Zapier, Magento, WooCommerce, Socital, PrestaShop, WordPress, Segment, and many others.
- Powerful automation workflow builder.
- Fancy landing page builder and subscription form tools to improve lead generation.
- Analyze subscribers’ activity by location.
- Moosend provides a wide range of support via email, live chat, webinars, a detailed FAQ page, and blog posts.
Why Choose Moosend Over Mailchimp?
Moosend as a Mailchimp alternative has a simple and straightforward interface with intuitive, sleek, and modern designs.
In contrast, the Mailchimp interface does not have as many modern designs as Moosend.
Also, Moosend provides excellent support via phone, email, and live chat to all its users, both free and paid.
Mailchimp, on the other hand, provides phone support to only users who purchase its Premium Plan.
Top-rated Email Marketing Platform for Lead Generation.
GetResponse is an advanced email marketing platform with features that provide you with all the necessary resources to get your email campaigns running in no time.
It has a clean and intuitive interface with a user-friendly drag-and-drop editor. Widgets can also be added or removed from the dashboard, giving you full control over your dashboard views.
GetResponse’s list automation allows you to add many conditions such as sales and location to help you segment your subscriber list automatically.
It has an “autoresponder” feature that allows you to automate your emails to your subscribers. All you need to do is to set your response template, and the autoresponder takes care of all necessary replies in your stead.
GetResponse recently included a lead generation feature called “Conversion Funnel” that helps you create high-converting sales funnels, landing pages and handle your traffic generation.
GetResponse offers a 30-day free trial period on any of its pricing plans: The Basic Plan, The Plus Plan, The Professional Plan, and The Max Plan.
Once the trial period elapses, you will have to purchase any of its plans to continue accessing the platform.
You should also note that the price for each plan increases as your email list size increases.
- Responsive and customizable email templates and designs.
- Perfectly scalable workflows to customize campaign automation, spur lead generation and grow sales.
- Marketing automation tools that allow you to sequence emails automatically.
- Powerful automation builder that allows you to build complex autoresponder sequences based on your customers’ behavior.
- In-depth statistics and report analysis on your email campaigns with geo-tracking functionality.
- RSS / blog to-email functionality.
- Automatically filters out known disposable domains.
- Comprehensive segmentation options.
- Split testing functionality.
- Advanced automated campaigns.
- In addition to email marketing, GetResponse also offers Webinar hosting, automated sales funnel, and E-commerce functionality.
Why Choose GetResponse Over Mailchimp?
GetResponse, as a Mailchimp alternative, has a more straightforward autoresponder functionality available on all its pricing plans.
You may also decide to build sophisticated flow-chart style responses if you like.
On the contrary, you can’t access Mailchimp’s automation feature underneath its Standard Plan.
In addition, unlike Mailchimp, which does not offer Webinar functionality, GetResponse has a webinar integrated feature, which allows you to host important product announcements, training sessions, and demos.
Budget-Friendly Mailchimp Alternative Providing Professional Email Marketing Solutions to Every Business Model.
ActiveCampaign is an email marketing platform with numerous features to suit your marketing strategies.
It has a drag-and-drop automation tool, numerous automation templates and ideas, and several drop-down menus to help you create the perfect email campaign.
You can import contacts that you didn’t initially add to your ActiveCampaign account and use interactive features such as chats, Facebook messenger, automated chatbots, and many more to improve your customer’s engagements.
ActiveCampaign logs every interaction so that you can monitor lead behaviors and know what actions contacts are taking.
There is also an effective statistical record for your sales, and the reporting features ensure that you never miss any growth or update in your business.
ActiveCampaign also offers a “Split Action” feature that allows you to A/B test your entire email campaign against each other.
ActiveCampaign offers you a 14-day free trial period to access its features.
To continue with the platform, you will have to sign up for one of its pricing plans: The Lite plan, The Plus Plan, The Professional Plan, and The Enterprise plan.
- Simple and intuitive dashboard with a handy “Getting Started” slider and a drag-and-drop feature.
- Split testing to help you test your entire email sequence in real-time.
- Robust automation features.
- Detailed reports to help you make relevant decisions and monitor your campaigns.
- Sales Force Automation (SFA) feature, including customer journey management and lead scoring.
- Easily integrate with over 2,000 tools via Zapier integration.
- Reliable support system via email, live chat, help center, and a community forum to help you become more familiar with its features.
Why Choose ActiveCampaign Over Mailchimp?
ActiveCampaign is a better Mailchimp alternative that provides you with a detailed report on your sales and marketing activities.
In contrast, you would need to create separate charts to keep track of your sales and marketing activities.
Also, ActiveCampaign Plus Plan has an “Automation Map” feature that allows you to see how your automation connects to each other, so you can easily update your marketing, adjust your strategy, and map out new automation.
On the contrary, Mailchimp Standard Plan, equivalent to ActiveCampaign’s Plus Plan, doesn’t have such a feature.
All-in-One Email Marketing Platform with Inbound Marketing and Sales Features for Every Business Level.
HubSpot is a CRM platform known for its in-depth knowledge of inbound marketing and stands as the best platform for inbound plans and detailed analytics.
You can quickly create and launch beautifully designed landing pages from HubSpot’s built-in library of responsive templates.
You can also review the detailed reports for each of your marketing assets, from landing pages to social media accounts, blog posts, and emails, with its powerful built-in analytics.
HubSpot serves as a powerful lead manager that allows you to see every detail about a lead within a single contact profile and access a chronological overview of each touchpoint between your business and a prospective customer, such as page visits, email opens, and website visits.
It also provides basic social media tracking and contact capabilities and allows you to easily manage your social media accounts from a single, easy-to-use interface.
The biggest benefit of HubSpot is that you can have all your marketing tools in one place, making it easier to manage your business and achieve your marketing needs.
HubSpot has a free plan that offers CRM features and basic marketing features like forms, list segmentation, email marketing, chatbot, and reporting dashboards.
You can also purchase any of its pricing plans: The Starter Plan, The Professional Plan, and The Enterprise Plan to access more advanced features.
- Intuitive and user-friendly interface.
- Excellent for inbound strategies that allow for quality content creation, automated workflow, lead capture and follow-ups, CRM, and performance tracking and analytics.
- Responsive mobile app that helps you monitor your HubSpot’s social inbox anytime.
- All-in-one contact intelligence to effectively manage leads.
- Easily integrate with third-party tools such as Gmail, Slack, and many others.
- A/B testing functionality.
- Amazing customer support via email, phone,24/7 live chat, and a comprehensive library of educational resources and support materials.
- In-built analytics to help interpret, monitor, and manage complex data in your stead.
Why Choose HubSpot Over Mailchimp?
HubSpot is an incredible Mailchimp alternative with a built-in CRM and an easy-to-use workflow template, thus offering you robust automation capabilities for any email marketing plan. You can also access more advanced automation features on its pricing plans.
Mailchimp, on the other hand, offers basic automation in its free plan. To get more automation features, which are not as advanced as HubSpot’s, you will have to purchase its pricing plans.
In addition, HubSpot provides a detailed report of your activities with insights and recommendations. It has a single “Analyze tab” that allows you to compare all of the essential metrics for your emails in one place.
Mailchimp, on the other hand, provides you with four separate reports (landing pages, automation, campaigns, and comparisons) containing only data.
Top Mailchimp Alternative with Robust Automation Functionalities for E-commerce Businesses.
Omnisend is a user friendly, beautifully designed, and easy to navigate email marketing tool with a drag and drop automation editor that helps you create unique emails just as you like.
It’s quite popular among E-commerce marketers because of the various features and functions specifically integrated to ease the synergy between both platforms (Marketing and E-commerce).
It has pre-built email templates that conserve time by allowing you to create on-brand and shoppable emails that you can send to your contacts in a wink.
Omnisend has a powerful analytics feature that helps you know who opened your emails and their locations, sales made from individual email campaigns, and devices customers use to access your emails.
Omnisend also puts all the cross-channel campaign analytics in one place.
However, there’s no clickthrough analysis available for SMS or Facebook Messenger channels, and it doesn’t allow you to compare channels against one another.
Omnisend provides off-the-shelf E-commerce store integrations and offers an API for integrating the service into custom and bespoke stories.
Although Omnisend offers unique and seamless integration with Shopify, you can still integrate Omnisend with almost every E-commerce platform out there.
You can also access its “Campaign Boost” feature that re-sends your emails to customers that left your message unopened.
Omnisend offers a free version and three pricing plans: The Standard Plan, The Pro Plan, and The Enterprise plan to every E-commerce business level, and each pricing plan comes with a 14-day free trial period.
However, the Enterprise Plan, which is best suited for large E-commerce businesses, allows access to more advanced features and requires a custom pricing method.
- One-click E-commerce platform integrations including Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento, WooCommerce, and Volusion.
- Easy-to-use email automation, response, and follow-up, especially for platforms built for E-commerce businesses.
- Easy audience segmentation.
- Powerful analytics tool to achieve your email marketing goals.
- Pre-built and easy-to-use automation workflows.
- Seamlessly include other channels, including email, SMS, Facebook Messenger, push notifications, and many more in automation workflow.
- Responsive customer service.
Why Choose Omnisend Over Mailchimp?
Omnisend is a better Mailchimp alternative offering absolute integrations with Shopify. It allows you to define and deploy Shopify discount codes directly from Omnisend easily.
Mailchimp, on the other hand, is not available for integrations on Shopify’s marketplace.
Only users integrating Mailchimp with Shopify before their break-up in May 2019 can access Shopify on Mailchimp via Shopsync.
Also, Omnisend automation is more sophisticated yet more straightforward to use than Mailchimp’s.
It provides you with up to 10 conditional splits per workflow (conditional splits tailors your workflow to target your customer’s demographic, shopping behavior, and engagements), and you can easily hyper-target your messages within the same workflow.
In contrast, Mailchimp allows you to create several workflows individually to target your customer’s demographic, shopping behavior, and engagements.
Most Popular Email Marketing Tool with Live Chat and Chatbot Feature to Improve Customers’ Experience.
Gist is an efficient email marketing tool with highly-customizable templates that allow you to customize emails and improve your customers’ engagements.
Gist offers both live chat and chatbot features, unlike most email marketing platforms that either provide one or the other or require you to integrate your workflow with any live chat software.
The live chat feature called “Messenger” operates as a fully functional help desk to support your customers, and the chatbot feature turns your visitors into leads by answering basic questions about your business and scheduling appointments.
You can also use the “Knowledge Base Tool” to create a searchable database of all your content and keep them all in one place.
Although Gist offers many useful tools, it still allows integration with third-party apps, including Zapier, Twitter, Stripe, Facebook, Zoom, and many others.
“Visual Workflow Builder” also helps you create full automation based on your customers’ behavior, like visiting your website or clicking on a link in your email.
Navigating the interface may seem difficult initially; however, they have a responsive support system available to sort out your complaints.
Gist has a free version that only two users can access and two pricing plans, which include the Professional Plan and the Premium Plan.
Each of the pricing plans has a 21-day trial period to help you get familiar with their features.
After the trial period elapses, you can then proceed to pay for any pricing plan of your choice.
- Live chat and chatbot feature that helps you keep up with your customers in real-time.
- Knowledge base creator serves as an excellent customer service tool.
- Geo-tracking functionality.
- Robust email marketing automation.
- Easily integrates with third-party apps including Google Calendar, Zapier, Zoom, Google Analytics, Facebook, and many others.
- You can add a personalized HTML signature to every email.
- Intuitive email builder to help you create attractive and receptive emails.
- Monitor and manage conversations on-the-go via any device.
- Excellent customer support via live chats, blog page, and video tutorials.
Why Choose Gist Over Mailchimp?
Gist as a Mailchimp alternative offers a live chat and chatbot feature that enhances your customers’ experience.
Live chat is one of the most used features on the platform, and you can quickly install and customize it for free. The chatbot feature can also serve as an interactive FAQ bot but is only available on the paid plans.
In contrast, Mailchimp does not have a live chat feature and only offers email marketing tools.
Most Suitable Email Marketing Platform with AI Automation Tools For Businesses Looking to Improve their Open Rates.
Automizy is a powerful email marketing software that helps you build your email marketing campaigns from start to finish.
It allows you to send promotional alerts, construct automation, formulate forms, and coordinate contacts on your list.
Automizy has a visual automation builder that features ‘drag and drop’ functionality and numerous pre-built templates, which allows you to create extraordinarily effective and highly converting emails in no time.
Automizy has amazing features that are effective for maximum audience engagement.
There’s an Automatic resend tool that resends your emails to subscribers who did not open them the first time and a Subject line tester enhanced by AI, which helps predict your subject line performance based on data from over 1 million campaigns.
However, there’s no feature for landing pages yet.
Automizy has native integrations with Shopify, Unbounce, OptiMonk, Magento, Hyperise, and many others and allows numerous integrations with third-party software via Zapier.
You can easily access its in-depth analytics and reports with beautiful graphs and refinement options that allow you to choose by date, narrow down your current progress, and monitor your email campaign.
It also has an in-built click map function that helps you understand where users are clicking on your emails so that you can change the positions of buttons.
Automizy offers a 14-day trial for new sign-in users and a 60-day money payback guarantee on its pricing plan.
Pricing begins at $9 per month for 200 subscribers, and this price increases as the number of subscribers increase.
You must note that pricing on Automizy depends on the number of active users in your email list as Automizy does not include unsubscribed, bounced, or duplicated contacts towards your overall limit.
- Easy visual automation builder.
- Audience tagging and segmentation.
- Drag and drop email editor.
- Pre-built responsive templates.
- AI (Artificial Intelligence) based prediction tool.
- In-built click map function.
- Unlimited users.
- Free Migration service.
- Duplicated, unsubscribed, or bounced email contacts are not included towards your overall limit.
- Aesthetically pleasing sign-up forms to improve lead generation.
- Sophisticated customer behavior tracking tool.
- Easily integrate Automizy into your workflow with native integrations or via Zapier.
- Advanced automation list maintenance.
Why Choose Automizy Over Mailchimp?
Automizy is a better Mailchimp alternative that focuses on improving your emails’ open rate. It has an AI-powered subject line tester with a dedicated subject line generator and a subject line tester tool for this purpose.
In contrast, although Mailchimp allows you to test your subject line, it doesn’t have powerful tools that offer improved solutions as Automizy.
Most Versatile Email Marketing Platform for Startups and SMEs Looking to Boost their Business ROI.
SendX is an intuitive email marketing software providing top-notch email marketing services to over 3,000 companies worldwide.
It has a simple drag-and-drop editor and a library of responsive pre-made email templates which you can customize to create high-converting emails, landing pages, and call-to-action pop-ups.
SendX has numerous solutions that help you automate your email marketing. It creates triggers and condition-based events to build email drip sequences for lead captures.
It also has a bulk action automation option, which allows you to automate tedious list maintenance.
For instance, if a contact unsubscribes from your mailing list, SendX will automatically remove them and delete their contact information.
Its segmentation feature analyzes your customers’ behaviors and segregates your email list based on their responses or actions against your email.
You can also import your contacts easily from a CSV file directly into your email list.
SendX integrates with over 1,000 apps via Zapier, including HubSpot CRM, Unbounce, Instagram lead ads, and Facebook lead ads. It also has native integrations with WooCommerce, Shopify, Stripe, Wix, and many others.
You also get access to a robust reporting and analytics feature that helps you analyze, monitor, and improve your email campaigns.
However, SendX isn’t yet available as a mobile app.
SendX pricing is based on your number of subscribers and offers a 14-day trial period on every plan you choose.
For 1,000 subscribers, you’ll pay $9.99 monthly, and this price increases as your subscribers increase.
- Easy-to-use user interface with a drag-and-drop email editor.
- A/B testing feature.
- SEO management.
- Unlimited email sends with every plan.
- Over 500,000 free stock photos.
- Free responsive email templates.
- One-click-resend to unopened emails.
- Best of breed email deliverability.
- In-built report and analytics feature, including a “Heat Map” feature to monitor your email campaigns.
- Intuitive email marketing and automation features.
- Free migration service.
- Seamless integration with over 1,000 apps via Zapier and native integration with Instapage, WooCommerce, and many others.
- Geo-tracking and time-zone based delivery.
- SendX offers 24/7 phone, email, live support, and training via webinars or in person.
Why Choose SendX Over Mailchimp?
SendX, as a Mailchimp alternative, has a comprehensive affiliate marketing guide that supports affiliate marketing.
They also have an affiliate marketing program of their own and a signature motto that reads “No Surprises. We Will Never Ban You,” peculiar to affiliate marketers.
Most Suitable Email Marketing Platform with Robust Subscription Management For Small Scale Businesses.
Pabbly offers an all-in-one service for email marketing and subscription management to cater to your business needs.
It has an in-built email builder with over 500 beautifully designed email templates to help you personalize your emails in no time.
The inclusion of the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) system helps you bypass the traditional email sending restrictions so that you can send as many bulk emails as you want. It also ensures that all the emails sent to your customers are well secured and do not end up in their trash or spam folder.
Pabbly has an email tracking feature that allows you to easily follow up on the emails you send and monitor your customers’ engagements with the emails they receive from you.
Its 2X open rate feature, which is a fully automated system, sends follow-up emails to your subscribers if they do not open any of your previously sent emails.
You can also use its subscription billing tool to create responsive subscription and billing website forms easily, such as embedding customized checkout pages and adding customer data auto-fills to your payment and subscription forms.
Pabbly categorizes its pricing into Tiers, beginning from Tier 1 to Tier 17.
Also, Pabbly does not restrict you from accessing all its features. However, the higher your Tier, the fewer limits you encounter.
- Drag and drop email builder to help you create 100% responsive emails.
- Built-in SMTP integration.
- Robust email API infrastructure.
- Email verification functionality to help you confirm the authenticity of every email address.
- A/B testing.
- MX cleaner keeps your email list clean.
- Email marketing automation functionality to help you create automated workflows.
- “Pabbly Connect” supports multiple integrations with third-party apps, including Zapier, QuickBooks, Google Analytics, and many others.
- Efficient and prompt customer support via email, live chat, Skype, and numerous tutorials.
Why Choose Pabbly Over Mailchimp?
Pabbly is a better Mailchimp alternative with an email verification functionality to help you authenticate leads and reduce your bounce rate.
Mailchimp, on the other hand, does not have any feature in place to effectively facilitate spam control.
Most Preferred Email Marketing Platform that Integrates with Numerous Third-party Apps and has an Open API.
Mailigen is a simple and straightforward email marketing platform that helps you create beautifully designed and highly-responsive email templates with its drag-and-drop editor and numerous pre-built templates.
You can also create your own custom designs or import a template from another platform directly into Mailigen.
The autoresponder feature is one of Mailigen’s most outstanding features, which allows you to create your own automated workflow or use one of its autoresponders templates, and your customers’ web activity triggers these automated actions.
A combination of various integrations with numerous third-party software on the Mailigen platform keeps you connected with your CRM, blogs, E-commerce stores, travel agencies, education platforms, social media platforms, financial services, and many others.
It also has an open API that offers integration with popular plugins, including Zapier and WordPress.
Mailigen lets you create numerous segments from your list and automatically updates these segments according to your subscribers’ behavior.
You also get detailed reports and analytics on your email campaign performance, including your open and click rates, but you cannot export these reports out of Mailigen.
Mailigen offers a 30-day free trial on any of its pricing plans.
Pricing begins at $10 for 500 subscribers, and this price increases as your subscribers increase.
There’s also a pay-as-you-go pricing plan beginning at $40 for 2,500 email credits.
- Simple and straightforward interface.
- Hundreds of pre-built templates.
- A/B split testing.
- Audience segmentation.
- Impressive subscriber and email list management.
- You can create a basic sign-up form easily.
- Hassle-free autoresponders.
- Dynamic email content feature that helps you formulate targeted messages based on your subscribers’ behavior.
- Real-time reports and analytics tools.
- Unique online survey tool to help you receive feedback directly from your customers.
- Text-messaging features for sending SMS marketing campaigns.
- Multiple accounts logins and unlimited email sending with every plan.
- Numerous web integrations, including Google, Facebook, Zapier, etc.
- Excellent support system via calls or email with mentors and a knowledge base containing a library of helpful articles.
Why Choose Mailigen Over Mailchimp?
Mailigen, as a Mailchimp alternative, offers a robust SMS feature with global message delivery, thorough reporting, and email-click tracking to improve your overall conversion rates.
In contrast, Mailchimp doesn’t offer SMS marketing features.
Best Email Marketing Platform with Excellent Support System for Small Businesses and Entrepreneurs.
AWeber helps you create highly-professional emails and landing pages easily with its huge template library containing over 700 intriguing email templates and a drag-and-drop editor.
They also just included the ability to use web-fonts in their design interface, in addition to their previous standard fonts.
AWeber’s Autoresponder functionality is one of its most preferred features. This feature makes customer engagement easier, improves your visitor’s experience, and improves your existing customers’ bond.
You can also give your email campaigns a nice boost with its segmentation tool that allows you to send targeted emails to your contacts based on their geographical location or actions they’ve taken with your previous emails.
AWeber has a mobile app, making it easy for you to keep up with your email marketing plans and access all its features at any point in time.
There’s also a Web Push Notification feature that improves your lead generation by sending timely and engaging messages to your web visitors and alerting your customers every time there’s an update on your website.
AWeber has a free plan available for only 500 subscribers.
There’s also a Pro Plan that offers unlimited access to all its features and caters to any number of subscribers. Pricing begins at $19 monthly for 500 subscribers.
However, if your subscribers are above 25,000, you can contact their sales department and request a custom quote.
- Simple-to-use drag and drop email and landing page editor.
- Over 700 pre-designed email templates that are compatible with any device.
- In-depth email marketing analytics and reports.
- Effective mailing list management.
- Autoresponders functionality.
- Integrated sign-up forms.
- Powerful reports and analytics tools to help you monitor and analyze your email campaign performance.
- Free Migration services.
- Email split testing.
- Integrate your email marketing programs with third-party tools, including Wix, Squarespace, PayPal, Salesforce, WordPress, Bloomerang, HubSpot CRM, and many others.
- Improved list management features.
- Over 6,000 free stock photos to visually enhance your emails.
- Excellent support via 24/7 live chat, email, phone, and numerous helpful articles and videos.
Why Choose AWeber Over Mailchimp?
AWeber is a better Mailchimp alternative with an AI-powered Smart Designer and over 700 pre-built templates to help you create visually-pleasing branded emails and landing pages quickly, available on both its free and paid plan.
In contrast, Mailchimp has around 100 pre-built templates and doesn’t offer access to the most popular email templates on its free plan.
Also, unlike Mailchimp that has a strict rule against affiliate marketing on its platform, AWeber welcomes affiliate marketers with open arms and are continuously optimizing their email services for affiliate marketers.
15. Campaign Monitor
All-round Email Marketing Platform Offering 99% Customer Satisfaction to Small and Medium-Sized Businesses Looking to Ramp up their Email Marketing Campaigns.
Campaign Monitor has beautiful and highly customizable templates to help you build visually impressive email campaigns that retain their beautiful designs on any device.
This Mailchimp alternative has an intuitive interface with a drag-and-drop editor and numerous tools to design and automate your email campaigns and grow your business.
Campaign Monitor has a unique visual journey designer that offers you the opportunity to go on a personalization spree and create a designated path for your customer to follow throughout their journey on your websites or emails.
You can also automate drip emails so that when a visitor subscribes to your mailing list, they automatically receive a series of emails or “Subscribers Journey,” as Campaign Monitor calls it.
Campaign Monitor provides interactive reports with detailed insights and an overall view of your email performance.
However, their most loved trait is their Giving Back Program, where their employees spend thousands of hours volunteering yearly. They pick up trash from beaches and parks, provide groceries to local food banks, and donate supplies to care homes.
Campaign Monitor offers three pricing plans: The Basic Plan, The Unlimited Plan, and The Premier Plan.
The prices for each of these pricing plans depend on your number of email contacts.
- Clutter-free interface optimized for both desktop and mobile devices.
- Powerful email builder with a drag-and-drop editor.
- Custom auto-responders.
- Add videos from YouTube or Vimeo directly to your emails.
- Easily integrate with third-party apps like Magento, Shopify, WordPress, WooCommerce, and many others.
- Pay-as-you-go payment option.
- Generate immediate response from your customers with its “Countdown timer” feature.
- Zero charges for unsubscribed users.
- Import email contacts quickly from common databases such as XLS and CSV.
- Efficiently set-up email automation campaigns.
- Pre-built signup forms to help you build your audience and expose your business to new contacts.
- Campaign Monitor has an analytics and reporting suite that gives you a thorough analysis of your campaign performance.
- Numerous data-driven tips, hints, and insights are available to improve your marketing strategy and enhance your business online.
Why Choose Campaign Monitor Over Mailchimp?
Campaign Monitor as a Mailchimp alternative offers an unlimited number of email lists and allows multiple users on all its plans.
In contrast, Mailchimp allows you to have an unlimited number of email lists and multiple users only on its premium plan, which costs $299 monthly.
Best Email Marketing Platform with Amazing Support for Entrepreneurs Requiring Quick Solutions to Enhance their Email Campaign Conversions.
iContact is an email marketing platform with an intuitive drag-and-drop editor and a huge template library containing well-designed templates to help you create professional-looking emails and sales funnels.
It has a personalized dashboard that allows you to move between unfinished tasks quickly and manage your campaigns.
You can also use its Photo editor tool to create high-resolution images that will enhance and beautify your emails.
iContact allows you to fully automate your email marketing plans based on your contacts’ activities.
It has an audience segmentation feature that allows you to send highly relevant emails to your subscribers based on triggers like demographics, geographical location, and online behavior.
You can also personalize your engagements with your subscribers and improve your performance by including unique details, such as birthdays, into your email campaigns.
There’s also a smart sending feature that helps you determine the best time to send automated messages based on your subscribers’ activities.
I would recommend iContact to business owners who don’t want to create complex campaigns but instead want to create compelling campaigns and optimize those campaigns to produce the best results without any prior coding experience.
iContact offers a 30-day free trial on all its pricing plans.
There are two pricing plans on iContact: Base Plan, which begins at $15 monthly for 1,500 subscribers, and Pro plan, which begins at $30 monthly for 1,500 subscribers.
- Personalized user interface with a sophisticated email editor.
- Pre-built mobile-optimized email templates.
- Spell check feature that effortlessly locates grammatical errors.
- Photo editor and free stock images library to help you create aesthetically pleasing emails.
- A/B split testing.
- Lead generation management.
- Easily integrates with over 100 apps and software, including Google, Zapier, PayPal, Stripe, Shopify, BigCommerce, LeadsBridge, SurveyMonkey, Salesforce, ClickFunnel, and many others.
- Unlimited user accessibility on every plan.
- Real-time email reports and analytics that give precise and detailed information about your email campaign performance.
- Powerful subscriber list management tools.
- Solid autoresponder functionality.
- 20% discount on every plan for non-profit organizations and charities.
- Embed custom sign-up forms directly on your website.
- Excellent support via live chat, phone, email, and a web of helpful resources, including blog posts and webinars.
Why Choose iContact Over Mailchimp?
Unlike Mailchimp that offers the same pricing plan to everyone, iContact provides a 20% discount to charities and non-profit organizations as their own way of giving back to society.
All you need to do is send proof of your non-profit organization or charity’s authenticity and confirm your status.
Pros and Cons of Using Mailchimp for Email Marketing
However, despite its strong benefits, there are some pretty justifiable details which you must also consider as you make plans for an email marketing software.
Let’s see them below.
1. Great Choice for Beginners
Mailchimp’s interface is user-friendly and straightforward at first glance, and new users can quickly familiarize themselves with the platform.
However, as time goes on, you may find the interface a bit chunky and difficult to navigate, but that shouldn’t be a problem.
Due to Mailchimp’s popularity, you can always find numerous documents, articles, and videos online that explain how to get started with Mailchimp and overcome any difficulty that you may encounter.
There’s also a built-in live preview feature that gives you a first-hand view of what your email looks like across every device.
2. Freemium Version
If you are just starting a new venture, you will most likely be on a budget and may even be confused about the perfect email marketing platform for your business.
Also, your email contacts list may not be more than 500 subscribers, so paying over $20 monthly just doesn’t seem right.
However, with Mailchimp, you can keep up with your customers for free, forever, as long as they are not more than 2,000 subscribers, and you can only send 12,000 emails monthly.
Not every email marketing platform offers free plans, so this is definitely a plus for Mailchimp and also for you who just wants to test out the features and see how it fits your business’ needs.
If you have a small business, this is also an excellent way to keep your customers updated about your business progress and foster your relationships for free.
3. Detailed Report and Data Analysis
Mailchimp provides a well-detailed report of all your email campaign performance and subscribers’ activities, and you can also access these reports directly from your mobile device.
These reports usually include the number of subscribers that opened your email, most-clicked links, the number of people that unsubscribed after receiving your email, and every other essential detail you need.
These reports are always correctly interpreted via interactive graphs.
You can also use the click map overlay to get more insight into what kind of elements your subscribers love.
4. Import Your Custom Templates Easily
Mailchimp has numerous pre-built templates available for you to create compelling emails and newsletters with.
These templates are mobile-optimized and highly customizable, and you can quickly use its drag-and-drop editor to modify any of the templates, just as you like.
However, if you are not satisfied with any of their templates, you can import your own templates directly into your Mailchimp account without any hassles and quickly create your emails.
1. Limited Email Automation
Here’s one of Mailchimp’s popular sayings, “We’ll help you automate your marketing,” which is inscribed boldly on their website, so anyone would automatically expect professional automation features.
Sadly, that’s not the case, as their email automation features are quite basic.
First of all, Mailchimp lacks a workflow editor, making setting up and managing the steps in each automation process a real task.
Secondly, you cannot automate segmentation, send out emails to multiple subscriber lists at a time, and you definitely cannot move your subscribers from one list to another automatically. You can only do it manually.
Thirdly, Mailchimp has only 15 pre-built workflows you can use for your email marketing campaigns, and you cannot build your own custom automation.
Also, even though you can import your email contacts from any spreadsheet file, Mailchimp’s autoresponder functionality will not be available for them because it only works for your email contacts that subscribed via your web form.
2. Poor Customer Support
Mailchimp has one of the worst customer support around.
They offer support via endless user documentation, chat, and email support, which could take a few days before you get a response.
There’s also no support available if you are running a campaign on the weekend or at night as Mailchimp works only during business hours in the Eastern time zone.
If you are using the free plan, support will be given to you within your first 30 days via email only. So, if you encounter any problem after your first 30 days, you are simply on your own.
Furthermore, Mailchimp offers phone support to its Premium Plan users alone (keep in mind that the premium plan costs $299 monthly). That’s quite frustrating for non-Premium Plan users as they cannot address their complaints instantly.
3. Unreasonable Pricing Structure
If you have duplicate email contacts, unsubscribed accounts, or inactive “ghost” subscribers in your email list, Mailchimp will include all of them in your subscribers’ count.
This pricing structure doesn’t seem sensible as there is no point paying for people who are not receiving your emails, so your best option is to ensure you clean up your email list regularly.
4. You are at Risk of Losing Your Account
Email marketing is not as easy as its name suggests. Getting people to sign up for your newsletters, let alone open your emails when they receive them, can be quite tasking.
Now, imagine your email marketing account getting suspended or deleted out of the blue.
That just describes Mailchimp in a nutshell.
Suppose you get too many unsubscribe notifications, or you receive so many spam complaints about your emails. In that case, Mailchimp reserves the right to either suspend or delete your account without any prior information.
So, to prevent this, you have to crosscheck every email and ensure it resonates with your subscribers’ activities on your website before you send them out.
Mailchimp Alternatives FAQ
Mailchimp is an all-in-one email marketing platform that helps businesses with marketing automation and email marketing services.
Founded in 2001 with its headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, Mailchimp has grown to be one of the top email service providers today, sending around 10,794 emails every second.
There are numerous pre-designed email templates and a responsive drag-and-drop email builder to help you create beautiful and compelling newsletters. You can also use its built-in analytics to monitor your email campaign performance.
Mailchimp offers a free plan available for only one user and allows up to 2,000 contacts. However, its pricing plans allow multiple logins and up to 200,000+ contacts.
Pricing begins at $9.99 monthly for the Essential Plan, $14.99 monthly for the Standard Plan, and $299 monthly for the Premium Plan.
Mailchimp is a free email marketing platform as long as you send 12,000 emails monthly and your email list is not more than 2,000 subscribers.
However, numerous Mailchimp alternatives have free plans, offering more features than Mailchimp’s free plan.
ConvertKit and Moosend are the best free alternatives to Mailchimp as they allow you to send unlimited emails to your subscribers. However, ConverKit’s free plan limits your email contacts to only 1,000.
Sendinblue is also a great option that lets you have unlimited email contact, but your emails are restricted to 300 daily.
There’s also Omnisend and HubSpot that lets you send 15,000 emails and 2,000 emails monthly, respectively, and Gist that allows two users to access its free plan.
On the other hand, AWeber is also a free alternative to Mailchimp, but it’s not the best free option as it only accommodates 500 email contacts and allows you to send 3,000 emails monthly.
Mailchimp’s robust features and ease of use provides a seamless customer experience to virtually anyone looking to improve their email marketing campaigns.
However, its pricing system, which charges businesses for every email subscriber, both active and inactive, has taken them far away from their “best” record.
Additionally, their failed attempt to improve their marketing automation, lack of essential tools for D2C companies, and strict rules against affiliate marketing are valuable reasons why anyone would prefer to use a Mailchimp alternative.
Even though Mailchimp serves millions of users with email marketing services, it doesn’t offer the best deals.
There are better alternatives that offer more features and satisfy users’ needs differently.
HubSpot – HubSpot provides advanced marketing and functionality features for any business level. It offers marketing automation, powerful CRM features, and a suite of other powerful marketing tools that can scale your business remarkably.
Omnisend – Omnisend provides the best email marketing services for E-commerce businesses. It has a dedicated feature, “Omnichannel Marketing automation,” that allows you to connect different marketing channels to your automated workflow and embed other E-commerce elements like coupon codes and customer rewards in your emails.
ConvertKit – ConvertKit offers an easy way for freelancers and content creators to build robust email automation workflows with its great email automation and segmentation features and numerous aesthetically-pleasing email designs.
AWeber – AWeber is an excellent Mailchimp alternative for affiliate marketers because Mailchimp has a strict rule against affiliate marketing and could ban your account if you include affiliate links in your emails. You can use its pre-built sign-up forms to increase your email list and enhance your ROI.
Gist – Gist provides your visitors and subscribers with the best customer experience via its chatbot and live chat functionalities. Most email marketing services usually offer one or the other; however, Gist has the live chat features available for every plan and the chatbot feature available for only the paid plans.
Moosend, Active Campaign, Campaign Monitor, and GetResponse are very affordable Mailchimp competitors providing very similar services like Mailchimp.
ConvertKit and Sendinblue are also top Mailchimp competitors for content creators, while AWeber is a reliable option for affiliate marketers.
There’s also Omnisend, the perfect Mailchimp competitor for E-commerce businesses.
For advanced email marketing functionality, HubSpot is your go-to Mailchimp competitor.
Grow Your Email List with Mailchimp Alternatives
Mailchimp may be quite popular, but that doesn’t make it the best choice for your email marketing plans.
There are outrightly numerous Mailchimp alternatives that can fulfill your business’ needs perfectly.
Here are the best Mailchimp alternatives.
- Moosend or Sendinblue: Perfect Mailchimp alternatives with a reasonable free plan for every business model. However, Moosend has no email limit, while Sendinblue allows you to have an unlimited email list with a 300 daily email limit.
- Constant Contact: Your go-to Mailchimp alternative for your WordPress website.
- HubSpot: Offers advanced email marketing tools and powerful CRM functionality to all business levels.
- ConvertKit or Sendinblue: Best suited for freelancers and content creators, with numerous features and tools to promote their digital products.
- Omnisend: Most appropriate Mailchimp alternative with all the essential tools and features to scale any type of E-commerce business.
As you have seen, there’s no one-size-fits-all in email marketing.
To find out your best choice, you must critically evaluate your business needs, budget, technical skills, size, and every other factor that is spectacular to your business.
Then explore the features provided by the Mailchimp alternatives in this article.
Surely, you’ll find the perfect Mailchimp alternative that will help you grow your email list and improve your conversions.