19 Best Mailchimp Alternatives for 2024 (Free + Paid)
Although Mailchimp is one of the most well-known email marketing solutions in the industry, it is still not perfect for every enterprise.
This article will review the 19 Best Mailchimp Alternatives for 2022 that are ideal for different businesses.
Mailchimp alternatives abound in the email marketing space today.
But why should anyone seek an alternative to Mailchimp, considered the gold standard of email marketing?
After all, the platform is a well-known email marketing service provider that seems to be the market favorite.
One major reason why many users are considering switching from Mailchimp is the recent pricing adjustments and claims of a steady reduction in service quality.
The good news is many of the available Mailchimp alternatives are equally great email marketing providers.
So if you would like to learn more about other free and paid Mailchimp alternatives, keep reading to see which of the Mailchimp alternatives is the best fit for you.
The Best Mailchimp Alternatives for 2022
Our top choices for the 19 best Mailchimp alternatives for 2022 are as follows:
- Constant Contact
- Campaign Monitor
Best All-In-One Email Marketing Automation Software.
ActiveCampaign is an excellent choice if you're searching for a Mailchimp alternative. ActiveCampaign wins our hearts with its rich feature set and vast third-party integrations that make it compatible with practically any other software out there.
ActiveCampaign is a powerful email marketing solution with extensive automations, robust analytics, and an excellent in-house contact database.
- Email Marketing: ActiveCampaign has you covered if you want to send a one-time email to everyone on your distribution list. Additionally, if you'd like to send an email to a specific segment of your list, the platform allows you to do so.
- Analytics and Reporting: You can create email analytics reports to help with metric analysis, allowing you to see what is and isn't working. ActiveCampaign has reporting options for Campaigns, Automations, Goals, Contacts, and Deals. For example, the Campaigns reports give you a quick summary of your email marketing campaigns and the total number of openings and clicks.
- Autoresponders: When a contact subscribes to your mailing list, they get an automated message. Also, when a subscriber registers for an event, signs up for a newsletter, or fills out a signup form, they will receive an automated thank-you message from the platform for starting and completing their actions.
- Content Management: This feature enables you to create and manage pictures easily. As a result, you'll be able to easily store, organize, and share your visual data with all of your subscribers. You can also use it to publish, collaborate on, and store other digital information.
- Offers free migration
- Great customer support
- Automations are fully customizable
- Integrating with websites and third-party apps is straightforward
- Steep learning curve
- Not beginner-friendly
- Does not offer a free plan
ActiveCampaign provides nearly everything you'll need in a newsletter marketing tool; its extensive automations are hard to beat. The entry-level subscription costs $15 per month (for up to 500 subscribers); if you want to enjoy premium features like an in-built sales CRM, lead scoring, landing pages, and SMS sending, the plus plan is best for you. However, Mailchimp is relatively cost-effective compared to ActiveCampaign.
Best Email Marketing Service for Small and Medium-Sized Businesses.
We hold Constant Contact as one of the best Mailchimp competitors for small and mid-sized businesses. Constant Contact is perfect for enterprises simply starting up as e-commerce retailers and a great choice for beginners due to the large number of templates it offers.
Constant Contact is a robust email marketing platform that includes real-time reporting, drag-and-drop editing, and social network integration. It's a mass email service for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Solid and Reliable Security: For small businesses concerned with the security of their contact lists or sensitive information, Constant Contact provides various measures to keep users' data secure. Some of these measures include installing firewalls, restricting access to Constant Contact's physical servers, conducting third-party security checks of its internally designed software, and encrypted user data such as credit card numbers.
- Mailing Lists: Thankfully, Constant Contact makes creating and managing mailing lists a breeze. To collect email addresses, you can construct online forms that can be easily included in any web page. You can import emails by copying and pasting them or uploading a file if you already have many emails. Finally, Constant Contact has the option of manually entering contacts.
- Efficient Campaign Tracker: Through the Reporting Tab, Constant Contact gives its users the much-needed convenience of tracking the progress of their email marketing campaigns. The reporting tab also includes graphical representations of the open, click-through, bounce, and unsubscribed rates.
- Market segmentation is great
- Easy to create personalized email lists.
- Excellent subject line generator
- Simple-to-use drag-and-drop editor
- A vast number of email templates are available
- Third-party integrations are fantastic
- Limited automation
- Templates don't offer a lot of flexibility.
- Tagging options are limited
Constant Contact caters to small businesses, but their pricing isn't the most affordable, especially considering the lack of advanced features. Plans start at $9.99 a month and only allow for 500 subscribers, after which prices rise.
Amazing Mailchimp Competitor With Excellent Automation and In-Built CRM
Sendinblue gets our seal of approval as a great Mailchimp alternative if you want to get the most out of your email marketing. The best part about this email marketing software is that you can easily integrate it with any third-party provider and use a subscription form to collect potential consumer emails.
Sendinblue is a cloud-based online marketing platform designed for small businesses that want to expand their audience through email automation and social media. It offers features like built-in customer relationship management (CRM) and a professional template development service.
- Drag-and-drop Editor: With Sendinblue’s drag-and-drop editor, you can create templates from scratch or use one of the pre-made templates. You can quickly build a professional-looking email template by adding GIFs, photos, and other elements. You can also include affiliate links in your email templates.
- Email Builder and Campaign Manager: The first step in creating a successful email is to create visually appealing and informative emails. Sendinblue features all of the tools you'll need to produce the ideal emails for your marketing campaign. You can build individual campaigns, similar to profiles, in Sendinblue, also working on projects without affecting others is possible. As a result, your tasks will be seamless and more coordinated.
- Transactional Email Management: Sendinblue has you covered whenever you need to send an email in response to transactional actions. Pre-crafted emails cannot be used to automate responses to actions such as account confirmation or purchases. Sendinblue's transactional emails are ideal for transactional actions. The format of these emails is preset. They do, however, contain relevant data such as transaction IDs, account numbers, shopping receipts, and so on. You can also customize your transactional emails using the email builder in any way you like.
- All plans come with unlimited contact storage
- Offers transactional email
- Free plan is available
- Website and customer support are available in six languages.
- It can be a bit slow and unstable sometimes
- Confusing and limited CRM function
Sendinblue's paid plans include unlimited contacts, with pricing tiers depending on how many emails you send per month. It also includes unlimited contacts and 300 emails per day on its free plan. If you're a large company that needs to send more than 1,000,000 emails, there's an Enterprise package with custom pricing.
Affordable Mailchimp Alternative and Campaign Management Software for Small Enterprises.
We can't recommend a more excellent choice for those that require a robust automated workflow than Moosend. It's great for small businesses, and it provides advanced features like targeted campaigns, lead creation tools like subscription forms, landing pages, and advanced list segmentation options.
Moosend is an email marketing automation software that automates routine tasks in your marketing campaigns so you can focus on specific product development and customer connections.
- A/B Testing Tool: Moosend's A/B testing tools enable you to enhance your email newsletters from the subject line to the email body and evaluate your email's subject line to the industry standard using Moosend's Refine, a free subject line tester. You can utilize the platform to create numerous versions of your email, each with its own set of changes, and track how well they work. Then you pick the most successful version and share it with your customer base.
- Data and Analytics: Moosend's marketing analytics gives you a clear perspective of your customers by combining all the data from marketing campaigns. You'll be able to see the websites they clicked on, the emails they opened, and other details, making it easy to construct client profiles and engagement concepts that will appeal to them.
- Simple User Interface: Moosend has a great UI that is easy to access and use, and this is one of the most crucial qualities to consider for any email marketing service. There's a simple home page with a list of taps to find things like email address templates.
- Availability of multiple support options
- Provides many e-commerce and CRM integrations
- Powerful analytics tool
- Offers multiple templates
- Excellent delivery rates and prompt customer assistance
- Limited third-party integrations
Moosend's free plan allows you to send up to 3,000 emails per month and accommodates up to 1,000 subscribers. The paid plan starts at $9 per month and goes up based on how many contacts you have.
Best Mailchimp Alternative For Content Creators.
To our minds, Convertkit's ease of use in maintaining contacts makes it a strong Mailchimp competitor. However, just because it's simple doesn't imply it lacks functionality. For example, Convertkit allows you to manage your subscribers as a single list and tag them.
ConvertKit is an email marketing software that is powerful and simple to use. Key features include a visual automation designer and the capacity to segment your audience in various ways. This platform also consists of a WordPress plugin for publishing forms and landing pages and integrations with major website builders.
- Forms and Landing pages: ConvertKit's landing page and form building functions are fantastic. You have access to reports like the number of visitors, subscribers, and conversion rate, so you can see whether you need to make any adjustments. Don't worry if you don't have a website; ConvertKit will host your landing page on its server and domain.
- Subscriber Management: ConvertKit uses email tags instead of lists to manage subscribers. You can define the tags and assign as many tags to a subscriber as you want. You get to select which autoresponders, forms, and tags to add subscribers to as you're adding them. You may also transfer subscribers from a different email marketing software to ConvertKit. ConvertKit places a strong emphasis on analytics, which extends to subscribers. It keeps track of crucial subscription metrics.
- Segmentation: If you want to deliver customized content tailored to a particular audience, you'll need to segment your clients. You can create segments with as many specifications as you want, limiting and adding consumers depending on these specifications using conditions like location, subscription date, and purchasing habits.
- Free plan
- Good deliverability
- Reliable support channels
- No live chat and phone support
- Relatively expensive
- Poor design options
ConvertKit offers a free plan with limitless landing pages and signup forms and accommodates 500 email subscribers. To enjoy more advanced features like strategy automation, a visual designer, and integration with most website builders and eCommerce systems, you'll need to upgrade to a paid plan. The cost depends on the number of subscribers you have.
Advanced Marketing Automation Tool For Sales-Driven E-commerce Businesses.
Klaviyo is a cloud-based marketing automation and email platform explicitly designed for e-commerce businesses. It's a simple tool that enables e-commerce business owners to customize, target, optimize, and track their email and social media marketing campaigns.
- One-click Integrations: Klaviyo integrates seamlessly with existing tools, enabling you to get data from Zoho, Magento, Salesforce, Shopify, and other sources. Even better, Klaviyo has an Open API that you can use to create custom integrations to help you improve your marketing.
- Robust and Customizable Web tracking Solution: Klaviyo has a web tracking system that keeps track of your potential clients' surfing habits. This makes it simple to target clients who meet specific requirements. In addition, many targeting options and pre-existing categories provide limitless marketing possibilities.
- Segmentation: The Klaviyo platform contains segmentation tools that you may use to develop customer segments based on the data available in the system. Segments are an excellent way to improve the relevancy of your emails while also lowering the cost of sending them. To include or exclude sections of your list, you can set the conditions of each segment.
- Easy to use Interface
- Great email templates
- Integrates seamlessly with a variety of e-commerce platforms
- The segmentation is reliable.
- Customer support is limited
- Low deliverability rate
- Ideal for e-commerce companies, but not for other types of enterprises
Klaviyo offers free email and SMS. Pricing depends on the size of your email list and the number of contacts you plan to send SMS text messages to each month.
The free email tier allows you to send up to 500 emails to 250 contacts each month. For example, a monthly subscription of up to 10,000 contacts costs $150. Pricing is adjustable and based on the specifics of your list.
Reliable All-in-One Business Solution For Marketing, Sales, and Customer Service.
HubSpot is a great alternative to Mailchimp for organizations looking for robust, easy-to-use CRM software. In addition, the software’s free-forever plan makes it accessible to small and new enterprises.
- Excellent Customer Service: HubSpot has reliable and efficient customer service. Depending on your plan, you can reach out to the support service via chat, phone, email, and even Twitter. Although major support options are only available to premium subscribers, free users still have access to the in-depth online knowledge base community.
- Variety of Free Tools Available: The free tools are available to everyone, regardless of whether or not you use HubSpot as your CRM. Nonetheless, it's fantastic that HubSpot provides so many free tools for young business owners to use. A blog idea generator, an invoice template generator, free business templates, an email signature generator, and so on are all available. With HubSpot, you'll never have to start your business in the dark.
- Flexible Email Automation: Marketers need an email automation platform, and HubSpot provides many features while staying on the same platform as your other marketing tools. With HubSpot's email feature, users can send bulk emails with personalization tokens, calls-to-action, links, and graphics. Before hitting send, you can use the tool to test your emails across various email clients and devices. In terms of design, there's a drag-and-drop editor that allows marketers to customize templates according to the type of email they're sending without hiring a developer.
- 800+ integration options available
- Effective marketing automation
- Great phone support
- You'll have to pay extra for technical support.
- Relatively expensive
- Accepts only twelve-month outright payment for paid plans
HubSpot provides a complete set of free tools across all its product lines. That is, free CRM, marketing, and tools for your sales funnel, as well as free customer support tools.
If your company grows to the point that the free tools are no longer enough, you can subscribe to the premium versions.
Best Email Marketing Software For Beginners.
MailerLite is a progressive, global email marketing platform for beginners because of its simple UI. The interface is available in five different languages, with customer service representatives located worldwide. There's also a smartphone app, but it's only available on iOS.
- Email Personalization: You can introduce new products to your customers or inform them about a particular promotion. You can also use dynamic content to customize a newsletter. By creating a single newsletter, the content will vary based on who receives it. With MailerLite, it is easy to personalize your newsletter by including the recipient's name and other personal details. You can also create your newsletter templates and store them later, and this is ideal for small business owners who want to keep their branding consistent. There is an option to edit emails using HTML and rich-text for individuals familiar with HTML.
- Automation: One of MailerLite's valuable features is email automation, used to design workflows depending on campaign actions. Subscribers opening and clicking links, joining a list, changing one or more contact fields, or upgrading from a free to a paid plan are all instances of actions. MailerLite's automation is clean, straightforward, and simple to use.
- Integration: There are a lot of integrations available in MailerLite. Shopify, WooCommerce, PayPal, Stripe, Magento, WordPress, Facebook, Zapier, Zendesk, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Forms are among the many in-built integrations available. Furthermore, the WordPress plug-in makes it simple to integrate MailerLite with WordPress sites. MailerLite also gives you access to the developer API, making it easier to integrate with other software.
- Free plan
- Email and form builder is easy to use
- Not enough email templates
- Slow customer support
- Segmentation is confusing
- Stressful approval process
MailerLite has a Free Forever plan, but it's still less expensive than most email marketing solutions until you start paying. Prices for 1,000 subscribers begin at $10 and include unlimited emails and user accounts.
Best Email Marketing Automation Software and Mailchimp Alternative for Online Stores.
Omnisend is one of the most powerful email marketing automation platforms available for online stores. It enables online stores to increase sales on autopilot, boost targeting, and maintain brand consistency across numerous channels. The platform is appropriate for all sizes of online companies and caters to a wide range of industries.
- Easy to Use: Omnisend is extremely simple to use. It simply takes a few minutes to sign up, and the smart onboarding makes getting started a breeze. In addition, the user interface is easy and intuitive, allowing total beginners to grasp how to operate the software immediately.
- Premium Automation Functionality: Omnisend gives you unprecedented access to the power of automation. Choose a pre-built automation workflow or use the no-code automation editor to create your own set of customizable automated messages. With the drag-and-drop editor, you can change the automation sequence, add and delete new channels, clone messages, incorporate splits, and entirely modify your automation in minutes. Because the entire process is visual, you'll be able to see exactly what your buyer will view.
- Centralized Platform: Omnisend's unified dashboard will come in handy if you're having trouble keeping track of the various channels your clients use to contact you. Various channels like social media, SMS messages, and an internet presence, are all combined under one roof. So rather than chasing your tail trying to figure out where your prospects are, you can quickly target them with personalized content through their preferred channel.
- Offers sales tracking for email and SMS
- Provides reliable SMS marketing
- Offers free 2000 messages options for a month
- Great segmentation for groups and audience
- Limited integration
- Only available in English
- Low deliverability rate
- Limited Email design options
Omnisend offers a 14-day trial for each package. A year-long free version is also available. The free edition is quite generous, with 250 contacts and 500 messages per month. You'll find everything you need on the free plan if you're just getting started with email marketing. The cost of a premium subscription starts at $16 per month.
Best Mailchimp Alternative for Email Marketing Beginners.
GetResponse is an email marketing tool that lets you create a mailing list and collect data, send e-newsletters to your list's subscribers, and automate your email marketing with autoresponders. In addition, GetResponse now offers a website builder, basic marketing automation, chat capabilities, eCommerce features, and webinar hosting.
- Webinars: GetResponse just added the capability of hosting webinars to its platform. Given that webinars can serve as a lead generation tool and a revenue generator, the concept of having your email database and webinar platform under one roof is highly enticing.
- Landing Page Creator: Landing pages are usually an essential aspect of any internet marketing campaign (Instagram, Google Ads, etc.). GetResponse has an in-built landing page editor that enables you to create advanced squeeze pages. Significantly, you can compare the conversion rates of various sites in real-time and select the one that performs better for your ad campaigns. This can increase the number of leads you capture and expand the reach of your email campaign.
- Split Testing: Split testing entails sending different versions of your e-newsletters to specific people on your subscriber list, tracking how well they perform, and then sending the ‘best' version to the rest of your list. To execute split testing, you can use up to five subject headers or content variants in GetResponse. During a split test, however, you may only use one variable at a time — for example, you can compare emails with various subject lines, but both email versions must include the same content.
- User-friendly interface
- Offers Webinar functionality
- Great customer service
- Available in 8 languages
- No free plan
- The drag-and-drop editor can be stressful to use
- Complex email automation structure
GetResponse provides a free-forever account with up to 500 contacts and access to email marketing, a website builder, and a landing page builder.
Some of these capabilities have feature limitations, but upgrading to a paid package will give you unlimited access. For the paid plan, you have several options to pick from. All paid packages come with a 30-day free trial. The higher the package you choose, the more features you'll have access to. In addition, if your subscriber count exceeds 1,000 contacts, the price of all plans rises.
Excellent Mailchimp Alternative With Equally Excellent Transactional Email Capabilities.
Mailjet is an easy-to-use transactional email software that provides valuable marketing and transactional email functionalities, a great email editor, and good reporting capabilities.
- Workspace: You can create a dedicated space to invite your team members and give them designated roles and permissions to control what they can access and manage on your account. Create as many sub-accounts as needed to fit the structure of your company and separate transactional emails from marketing campaigns.
- Email Creation: Creating a beautiful responsive email is easier with Mailjet. All you have to do is browse their email template gallery and use their intuitive drag-and-drop email builder to design emails.
- Collaboration: Mailjet’s collaboration feature creates an avenue for you and your team to save time and work together in real-time on your email design. Thanks to the comments and approvals function, you can avoid the back & forth on template building.
- Contacts & Segmentation: This feature helps you organize your lists and segment your contacts. You can collect different kinds of data about your customers and create targeted segments to send important emails customized to their identity, behaviors, and interests.
- Personalization: Mailjet helps you add a human touch for better engagement, meaning you can easily personalize your email templates to let your customers know how special they are to you. This effort builds trust, relevance, and engagement with each send. The personalization of your email can depend on your contact’s properties, from its look in your recipient’s inbox to the content they read. You can also easily add dynamic content that will only be displayed to a segment of your list.
- Easy to use
- Provides multi-user collaboration
- Integration with various e-commerce platforms
- Good email tracking tool
- Segmentation options are limited
- Limited automation capabilities
- Not enough support options
Mailjet provides several plans to suit your emailing needs. The first is its free plan that supports 200 emails daily. Its paid plans are the Essential plan that costs $15 per month, the Premium plan that costs $25, and your need determines the Custom plan pricing.
Great Mailchimp Alternative With an Amazing AI-Powered Subject Line Tester.
Automizy is a popular email marketing service for small and midsize businesses that help them generate and convert leads to sales.
It offers an AI-powered subject line tester, AB testing, Resend, and Email Automation that helps its users increase open rates.
- Email Marketing: You get layered email marketing tools to help create and manage accurate and sales-generating customer contact. It also has numerous email templates designed with an easy-to-create drag-and-drop workflow. You can choose and create customized emails to create a professional-grade marketing product. This platform’s features provide users with automatic resend options, allowing you to set up a continuous flow of communications to your client.
- Analytics: Automizy provides multiple analytics services ranging from overall campaign results to automation. This gives you well-rounded data to increase the effectiveness of your campaigns—the metrics supplied by Automizy measure email open rates, customer engagement, bounce, and complaint rates. You and your team can use this data to shape your marketing to be more targeted to their customer base.
- Integrations: Automizy is designed for quick integration with other marketing and online programs. Its partnerships with web building extension Elementor and WordPress help Automizy enhance workflow and ease of use. The system is easy to install, and you can launch email marketing campaigns from back-end menus within these integrated platforms. You can also create signup forms and add customers to your current client contact listings.
- Supports unlimited users
- Offers integration with other platforms
- Provides unlimited email sends
- Limited email templates to choose from
- A/B testing is limited to subject lines only
Automizy’s pricing is based on the number of active subscribers you will be engaging with. It supports a minimum of 200 subscribers for $9 per month. There is no limit to the number of subscribers it can support, but you will have to settle for a customized plan if you have more than 10,000 subscribers.
Free Mailchimp Alternative With a Robust Analytics Feature.
Sender is ranked one of the best free email marketing tools on the market because of its excellent features that ensure deliverability and help you create stunning newsletters without any prior HTML knowledge.
Its robust analytics feature helps you track who opened your emails and clicked on the links, a person opens them, and more.
- Email Automation: With this feature, you can create emails that reach your clients with well-designed messages at the right time without working on these messages every time. You just have to link your website analytics to Sender to send messages on autopilot and leverage the benefits of this marketing automation tool. Sender helps you target people based on behavior, preferences, and previous sales. Then you can customize each customer’s experience and increase the relevance of your automated campaigns.
- A/B Testing: This feature is a process that helps you send one version (version A) of your email to a subset of your broadcast list and send another version to a whole other subset.
- Analytics Feature: Sender’s analytics feature is one of the reasons why it made it to our list. It helps you track if a client opens your emails and clicks on the links when opened, and so much more. You can even use this feature to build accurate buyer profiles based on the actions of your subscribers, so you’ll be able to optimize your existing email strategy and craft attractive offers.
- Drag-and-drop Design Builder: This feature enables users to create visually appealing emails without any past design experience. A campaign can be kickstarted using templates available on Sender or by crafting custom designs.
- Reporting: The success or failure of an email campaign can easily be assessed after going through the reports. The comprehensive reports offer in-depth insights used to improve the performance of campaigns in the future.
- Provides over 100 pre-built email templates
- Excellent drag-and-drop email builder tool
- Provides a free plan
- Integration with other applications is not as easy as it seems
- Navigation to the list of subscribers is complicated
- Does not include a landing page designer
Sender provides a Free Forever plan that provides all the basics you need. Then pricing starts at $41.75/month with annual billing/.
Intuitive Mailchimp Alternative for Email Campaigns.
SendX is an email marketing platform that helps businesses build intuitively designed email campaigns that help build trust with their audience. It offers several email marketing features, like email drip campaigns, automation, drag-and-drop editor, segmentation, and A/B split testing.
- Split Tests A/B Testing: The SendX A/B testing feature is simple to use and requires only a few straightforward steps. This feature creates different variations of your email campaign and sends it to a segment of your email list. The results from the A/B tests will show you which campaign outperforms the others and help you make the changes and adjust accordingly.
- Personalization: SendX offers you basic personalization tools using various tags. You can also create custom fields for your email list and tweak them to make your email campaigns more engaging. You can even go a step further with the SendX advanced personalization, which gives you even more options to fine-tune your content based on segment preferences and individualized subscriber lists.
- Email Lists: SendX enables you to create and import your contacts and email list. You can import your contacts from a CSV file by clicking the “upload” button or using the drag-and-drop feature. You will get an email from SendX telling you the total number of contacts uploaded and highlighting the duplicates.
- Provides 24/7 Support
- Excellent Autoresponder
- Provides over 500,000 free stock photos
- Seamless drag-and-drop editor
- Limited email templates
- Expensive when compared to some of its competitors
SendX provides a free trial, and its pricing plan is based on the number of subscribers you have. All pricing plans support unlimited emails monthly and all the email marketing features that SendX provides. The first pricing plan supports 1-1000 subscribers for $7.49.
Best Mailchimp Alternative for Subscription Management.
Pabbly is an impressive email marketing management software that offers all of the essential tools needed to run your campaigns, from sending out email newsletters to automating your email communication.
- Email Marketing: Along with a built-in email builder offering multiple templates, Pabbly includes a free built-in SMTP server for bulk emails. With its powerful Email Tracking feature, Pabbly also lets you track your outgoing email opens, click-throughs, bounce rates, unsubscribes, and more. Pabbly’s Marketing Automation is another unique feature that helps create automated workflows. From pre-scheduling emails/email campaigns to automated welcome emails for every new subscriber, Pabbly makes sure your needs are met.
- Email Verification: Sending emails to incorrect or invalid email addresses is not only a waste of time but also increases your bounce rate. Pabbly’s Email Verification software helps you authenticate leads’/subscribers’ email addresses easily. Pabbly follows a “slow” verification process of sending ping requests to the recipient’s email service to verify email addresses. This helps users test reachability or verify something like an email ID.
- Subscription Billing: Pabbly’s Subscription Billing tool is a recurring billing and subscription management software. It helps you manage billing, customer subscriptions, recurring payments, failed payments, and lots more. The recurring billing software helps you create responsive subscription and billing website forms without hassle with its robust API integration. You can also embed customized checkout pages and add customer data auto-fills to your payment and subscription forms. Along with a comprehensive Pabbly Subscriptions Dashboard, the billing software also offers detailed sales analytics, including monthly revenue, ARPU (Average Revenue per User), and many more.
- Pabbly Connect: This feature lets you sync over 380 apps on its platform to help you automate and streamline your sales and marketing workflow. Some of the apps you can integrate via Pabbly Connect are QuickBooks, Facebook, Google Apps, Salesforce, Microsoft Office 365, and OneDrive. You do not need to develop skills to sync these apps. All you have to do is select your favorite app, configure it by adding filters, actions, field mappings, and save.
- Connects you to over 50 external SMTP services
- Provides a built-in delivery engine
- Intuitive drag-and-drop builder and marketing automation
- Subscription forms have separate fees
- Has strict policies against high complaints and bounce rates
Pabbly provides a 14-day free trial and four paid plans. Pricing starts with Standard Plan for $25 monthly and goes as high as $200 per month. Keep in mind that there are different discount options available right now, and pricing might change later.
Best Mailchimp Alternative for SMS Marketing.
SendPulse is an email marketing platform that supports additional channels like web push notifications, Facebook chatbots, and SMS marketing.
It helps you create mobile-friendly emails with an easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor. You can also send marketing campaigns, trigger-based emails, or set up autoresponders.
- Data Integration and Storage: You can use SendPulse to gather and store relevant data about your customers to personalize content, segment, and implement trigger emails for your subscribers. You collect and store customer information in SendPulse is organized into data fields. You use these data fields to segment your lists to send better-targeted communications.
- Importing Customers and Data: You can import data through various ways with SendPulse. For example, you can use segmentation tools to create customer segments with the data stored in the system. Using segments is a best practice to increase the relevancy of your emails and save cost by reducing send volume. You can create complex segments in SendPulse using logic. SendPulse allows you to create unlimited segments. Also, you can add an unlimited number of criteria to each segment. This is an advantage of using SendPulse over many of its competitors. Solutions, like Mailchimp, enforce a limit of 5 criteria per segment.
- Email Builder: SendPulse includes an email editor to create custom email templates. You can drag and drop blocks directly onto templates to include links, pictures, sections, text, and videos. In addition, SendPulse allows you to add merge fields that will automatically populate contact information. Also, SendPulse includes an HTML editor.
- Comes with a user-friendly and intuitive interface
- Combines several channels of communication
- Terrible Customer support team
SendPulse’s free forever plan supports 500 subscribers and 15,000 email sends per month. Then pricing starts at $8/month for up to 500 subscribers—prices are determined by how many subscribers you have and which plan you go with.
Best Mailchimp Alternative for Designing and Scheduling Campaigns.
Mailigen is a straightforward email marketing system that offers email, SMS, and social media marketing services to individuals and small and medium-sized businesses.
- Email Campaign Wizard: Mailigen includes responsive templates that display in an optimal layout for the device being used for various campaigns and purposes, including newsletter and e-commerce. If you’ve designed your emails on another software, you can easily import a template to Mailigen. Its drag-and-drop editor helps you add and remove different content blocks, including videos, images, social media buttons, or texts. Mailigen also helps you create more detailed content using dynamic content. For example, you can choose to only show certain content blocks to particular lists or segments.
- Autoresponders: Mailigen provides templates to help you get started with creating autoresponders, which are automated series of emails triggered by customer behavior. All you have to do is make edits and customize or personalize them according to your brand and style. You can also access analytics for each email in the series, including the number of emails opened and clicked and comprehensive reports for each automated series of emails.
- Subscriber and Email List Management: To help with your email list management, Mailigen lets you add as many custom fields as you like to collect all of the essential customer details. To get even more specific, you can create groups within these lists. You can also use Mailigen to create sign-up forms to grow your list, and it automatically creates reports for each list that provide insight into increases in engagement and list growth.
- Provides multiple support channels
- Provides a 30-day free trial
- Offers A/B testing and Google analytics at no additional cost
- Few email templates with no pre-designed sign-up forms.
- In-built reporting tools do not provide enough information on customers
You get a 30-day free trial, after which pricing starts at $518 for 140,000 subscribers per month. For 150,000 subscribers, you will pay $555 per month, and for 200,000 subscribers, the cost is $704 per month.
Solid Email Marketing Tool for Building Highly Responsive Landing Pages.
AWeber is a well-rounded email marketing automation platform that helps businesses of all sizes send out automated, personalized, and professional-looking emails to targeted prospects and customers.
- Data Integration and Storage: You can use AWeber to collect and store data about your customers. This data is key to segmentation, personalizing content, and implementing trigger emails. The information you collect and store in AWeber is organized into data fields. You use these data fields to segment your lists to send better-targeted communications. In addition, you can create custom data fields to collect specific information relevant to your business. AWeber does not limit the number of subscribers you can import at one time.
- Marketing Automation: AWeber helps you create drip campaigns that send multiple automated messages to customers. It includes pre-built flows with defined triggers and timelines for four types of drip campaigns: welcome series, lead magnet, bloggers series, and mini- course. Each workflow starts with a trigger, like adding someone new to your subscriber list. You can then build your workflow with a drag-and-drop editor by adding different actions.
- A/B Testing: AWeber has an A/B testing tool that you can use to optimize your emails and subject lines. You create multiple versions of your email and send each version to a portion of your customers. AWeber tracks how each version performs, and you can choose a winning email to send the rest of your testing pool. Unfortunately, this platform does not automatically send winning emails after a test is concluded.
- Email Builder: AWeber includes an email editor used to create custom and professional emails. You can drag and drop various content types into your email templates, including images, videos, texts, logos, and lots more. You can also stylize your emails with different formats, fonts, and colors. Also, AWeber includes plain text and an HTML editor. It includes over 700 pre-designed email templates, more than many of its competitors. These templates are helpful starting points when crafting your email and allow you to create professional emails without design expertise.
- More affordable than a lot of its competitors
- Includes unlimited email sends and lists
- Offers 24/7 customer support through email, live chat, and phone
- Not as robust as many of its competitors
- Automation functionality is limited to sequential emails
- Contacts that have unsubscribed or are on multiple lists still count towards your total subscriber quota
AWeber provides two pricing plans, AWeber Free and AWeber Pro. AWeber Free supports up to 500 email subscribers and provides all the features you need to start email marketing. The pricing for AWeber Pro, on the other hand, starts as low as $16.15 per month and will increase based on the number of your subscribers.
19. Campaign Monitor
Robust Email Marketing Tool for Beginners and Experienced Marketers.
Campaign Monitor is an email service provider that provides a solid range of email marketing features that makes it great for beginners and experienced marketers. Its robust feature set combined with a well-organized user interface makes it an easy-to-use and straightforward platform.
- Email Editor: Campaign Monitor offers a wide range of email templates for multiple purposes, like product launches, feedback, sales, reengagement, and welcome emails. With its easy-to-use drag-and-drop email editor, you can simply add the elements you need and tweak the design. In addition, Campaign Monitor provides preview options for desktop and mobile and allows you to send test emails.
- Subscriber Management: On Campaign Monitor, whenever you want to add new subscribers to create an email list, you have the option to import them from other solutions to make the migration process much smoother. You also get sign-up form functionality that helps you grow your subscriber base by collecting customer contact details. Campaign Monitor’s sign-up form builder stands out because it can add subscribers to multiple lists from one sign-up form, the customizable design attributes, like button design and text, and the custom fields you can add to the form.
- Autoresponders: Autoresponders, called Journey on Campaign Monitor, can be challenging for a beginner, but Campaign Monitor makes the process easier by building autoresponders that guide you through a series of questions on the industry you work in, your goals, kind of customers you want to target: new, engaged, or lapsed. It then proceeds to create a series of potential emails to achieve your goals based on customer actions.
- Transactional Emails: For companies that sell products online, transactional emails are sent to customers when they make a purchase or tell them the item is on its way. Campaign Monitor helps you create smart transactional emails that you can design, monitor, and test in the same way as you do with your newsletter, sale, or product-related emails.
- Easy to use
- Various web fonts available in templates
- Great data segmentation tool
- Lacks a landing page builder
- No live chat support
Campaign Monitor offers a &-day free trial for all its pricing plans. It has three paid pricing plans starting with the Basic Plan, which costs $9 monthly and supports 500 subscribers. The next is the Unlimited Plan which costs $29 monthly and gives you access to unlimited emails. The last is the Premier Plan which costs $149 per month and gives you access to phone support.
Mailchimp is an all-in-one email marketing solution that helps businesses of all sizes interact with their customers. It provides tools for managing your mailing lists and creating beautiful email campaigns to send to your customers.
The question should not be if there is one but how many there are. Several alternatives provide a free plan that generally includes all that most people need to get started with email marketing. Good examples are Hubspot, AWeber, and ConvertKit.
While Mailchimp is still quite popular, it lacks many functionalities. For example, it lacks advanced segmentation and automation features needed to do email marketing at a scale. As such, it is no longer considered to be the best solution out there.
Mailchimp offers three pricing plans in addition to its free plan. The first is its Essential plan starting at $11 per month. The Standard plan starts at $17 per month, and the Premium plan starts at $299 monthly. But, of course, the pricing depends on the number of subscribers you have.
There are several email and SMS platforms that offer better services than Mailchimp. Some of these are Moosend, HubSpot, AWeber, and many more. They stand out for many different reasons. For example, some are better at segmenting your email list, while others are better at building advanced automation workflows.
If you are looking for cheaper Mailchimp alternatives, there are multiple options. AWeber is a Mailchimp competitor that not only costs less than Mailchimp but also allows affiliate links. Moosend is another great Mailchimp competitor to consider.
Nonprofits can also benefit from email marketing tools to increase engagement and build rapport with members, volunteers, and donors. A great option is Sendinblue which covers email and SMS marketing. Other options that are great for nonprofits include AWeber, GetResponse, SendX, and many more.
Verdict: What’s The Best Mailchimp Alternative?
With all the Mailchimp alternatives listed above, you will be able to make an educated decision on which is best for you. Each of these email marketing tools is better in one area than others. For example:
You might also be interested in the following articles to learn more about email marketing in general:
- Mailchimp pricing
- Mailchimp vs. Constant Contact
- Mailchimp vs. ConvertKit
- Email marketing for beginners
- Best email newsletter software
- Best bulk email services