18 Best Airtable Alternatives in 2022 (Free & Paid)
There are several great Airtable alternatives. Some are more basic and less expensive than Airtable, while others are more complex and more expensive. The one you choose should be based on your requirements and budget.
If you’re reading this post, you may be on the hunt for the best Airtable alternatives for your business in 2022.
With use cases that run the gamut from project management to building full-on databases, Airtable is versatile and immensely powerful.
However, that vast power is also potentially one of its biggest drawbacks.
Add to that the fact that it also lacks many of the functionalities that you get from using purpose-built software for your business activities, and it’s easy to see why anyone would consider an Airtable alternative.
So, in this article, we’ll review the best Airtable alternatives and do our best to help you make the right choice for your business.
Why Look for an Alternative to Airtable
- Lacks Basic Communication Channels: In Airtable, comments are the only means of collaboration. Although comments are useful for sharing basic critiques, you'll need to use other collaboration tools for more complicated discussions. Your communications would be all over the place if you didn't have a specific communication section.
- Workflow Automation Tools Are Limited: Workflow automation is critical in any project management solution. Sadly, Airtable’s automation tools are limited. If you need more advanced automations for your Airtable database, you’ll need to use a third-party application like Zapier.
- Lacks In-built Task Assigning Functionality: You can make a spreadsheet grid using an Airtable base, but this isn't built-in functionality. As a result, if you wish to assign a task, you'll have to use and change the Airtable grid manually. And if you're a regular user who needs to distribute work to your team, things might quickly get cumbersome.
- Steep Learning Curve: Airtable is an effective database management tool, but it is not suitable for beginners. If you're a beginner, you're likely to feel overwhelmed, and if organizing data in Excel isn't your strong suit, Airtable will most likely be a difficult tool to learn.
Best Airtable Alternatives for Project Management
Here are our top choices for the best Airtable alternatives in 2022:
- Zoho Projects
- Google Sheets
Best Overall Alternative To Airtable.
If you want to streamline your papers, chat app, goal planning, and more, Monday.com is a superb all-around project management solution that will keep your team organized and on the same page.Try Monday.com
Monday.com is a well-known software for project management, and it's likely to be one of the first tools you try if you're looking for alternatives to Airtable.
Monday.com enables you to manage all of your work in one space and provides over 200 templates to help you get started quickly.
- Simple User Interface: Monday.com's user interface is one of the most visually appealing project management tools. It includes a comprehensive range of useful features typical for top software.
- Efficient Task Assigning Functionality: You can organize tasks into groups on Monday.com. Then you can allocate each assignment to a specific member of your team or assign work to the entire team. The best part about these groups and tasks is that you can add new columns.
- Effective Team Communication: Team members can edit and comment on every task issue. They can even conduct a Q&A session to document the flow of ideas generated for each topic. You can add the phone numbers of your team members or clients to Monday.com and call them directly.
- Column Feature: You can allocate a task to an entire team using the team column. A map column is included that helps you and your members visualize locations. A country column keeps track of the locations of your teams if you manage an international organization.
- Available For All Devices: With Monday.com, you work from the convenience of your computer, app, or even phone. It has Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS apps. It barely matters what device you, your colleagues, or your clients use; you'll be able to operate as a team.
- Visually appealing user interface
- Easy-to-use task management system
- Simple dashboard system with easy customization
- There are no timeline or calendar views available for free plan users.
Unlike Airtable, Monday.com is less expensive at $8 per seat per month versus $10 per seat per month for Airtable.
Easy-to-use Airtable Alternative Suitable For Teams and Solo Users.
When you compare ClickUp to Airtable, you'll notice that it's less expensive and easier to use. It is a hybrid project management solution that includes tools and capabilities for all user/business types, including sales and marketing.Try ClickUp
ClickUp is a cloud-based application that strikes the perfect balance between a comprehensive feature set and affordable pricing.
It allows teams to collaborate and define shared tasks and get status alerts and project updates, allowing workflows to be more aligned around goals.
- Customization Options: One of ClickUp's main USPs is its customization capabilities. You get a fully configurable online software solution that allows you to take a unique approach to your projects and adjust and adapt it to fit your workflow, company model, personal preferences, and other needs.
- Powerful Real-Time Reporting: Creating, importing, and customizing reports is a breeze with ClickUp. Figure out each team member's schedules, what projects they're working on, missed deadlines, and tasks they've completed, and obtain a better understanding of your team's performance.
- Many Views: ClickUp also has 15+ views to pick from, so you can see your projects, timeframes, and team structure in any way you choose.
- In-Built Time Tracking Functionality: ClickUp makes managing your time at work easier by providing versatile options for tracking time that let you focus on your work and enhance time management. To control your work hours, use the tool to log time, establish estimations, add notes, and examine reports.
- Mobile Access: ClickUp can support mobile devices. The app has a simple UI and easy-to-use features that make it easier to create new tasks, communicate with colleagues, and manage projects on the go.
- 24-hour reliable customer service
- Effective dashboard view
- Provides new feature updates based on customers' demand
- Dashboards are not exportable
- No table view on the mobile app
- No sorting options for new projects
ClickUp offers a variety of pricing plans to suit the demands of all types of businesses. You can pick a strategy that works best for your team.
Excellent Airtable Alternative Best For Streamlining Team Member Collaboration And Project Management Processes.
Wrike is an excellent choice for small businesses looking for easily customized workspaces to arrange shared calendars, and its visual markup tool is useful for speeding up the feedback cycle.Try Wrike
Wrike is a highly customizable solution with many tools and features—like dashboards, workflows, and automation—that can be customized by users to fit their needs.
It provides a centralized workspace, allowing businesses to apply Wrike throughout their organization.
- Document Editor: The document editor in Wrike is a great function that enables document management where you can edit Word documents, PDFs, and photos in the cloud without downloading them. When working on documents stored in the cloud, this is a huge benefit for teamwork and can save a lot of time.
- Customizable Dashboards: To encourage team cooperation, the platform provides numerous customizable dashboards for every team member. You can also add Widgets to dashboards to show documents, notes, and other project resources.
- Customer Support: Wrike provides an outstanding level of support to assist you in making the most of the software. You also have access to an engaging training tutorial and monthly webinars conducted by the Wrike team, in addition to video documentation.
- Task Management: For more efficient project management, Wrike consolidates all parts of your project tasks, timelines, and team interactions into one spot.
- Report Tool: Users with business and enterprise accounts have access to Wrike's reporting features. With inputs for type, source data, filters, and layout, the report builder walks you through the four stages of creating a report (table or column).
- UI is extremely user-friendly
- Easy-to-customize dashboard
- Allows editing of Documents in the cloud without having to download them
- Does not have an integrated live chat feature
- Time tracking is difficult to use for billing
Wrike has payment plans and a free plan. The free plan is limited because it does not include Gantt charts, sub-tasks, or dashboard customization.
Best Airtable Alternative With Advanced Spreadsheet Tools And Templates.
Smartsheet, like Airtable, is a spreadsheet-centric project management and collaboration solution. It's an excellent place to start for those who haven't experienced SaaS (software as a service) productivity tools because its user interface is similar to the familiar Microsoft Excel.Try Smartsheet
Smartsheet project management software is another Airtable competitor that provides teams with real-time updates on task progress and can be set in various formats, including Gantt, Kanban, and Calendar.
This SaaS software is a useful tool for file sharing and communication with great project management features.
- Workflow Automation: Workflows are one of Smartsheet's cool features, allowing you to automate certain of your spreadsheets. Workflows, in particular, allow you to leverage data to initiate further actions in your sheets. As a result, you can have additional users allocated to a project immediately when a given work is marked as finished, or you can send email updates when a certain target or budget limit is reached.
- Extensive App Integration: Smartsheet has a lot of flexibility in integrating third-party software. As you'd expect, the platform integrates with most key cloud storage providers, including Google Sheets. Smartsheet also has an app store to get additional spreadsheet templates, one-click integrations, and paid add-ons.
- In-built Performance Dashboard: The built-in performance dashboards in Smartsheet are created to monitor everything from financials to KPIs and portfolio health. The dashboard is widget-based, so you may easily personalize it to track and visualize key patterns such as budget spending and summary reports.
- Extensive Integrations: Smartsheet integrates with Microsoft Office 365, Google G Suite, Evernote, and Marketo. These integrations are significant because they allow you to plug in all of the tools you already use into Smartsheet without switching back and forth.
- Calendar View: Smartsheet has a shared calendar view showing tasks that overlap the time they are supposed to be done.
- Provides multiple collaboration features
- Provides advanced security features such as Google SSO and two-factor authentication
- Project report system is complicated
- Lacks real-time communication or chat functionality
- No free version is available
- Inadequate native time tracking capabilities
Smartsheet offers no free plan, although it offers a free trial. It has two pricing plans and an Enterprise package for larger companies.
Best Airtable Alternative For Efficient Collaboration.
Teamwork is a project management application that you may consider one of the top free Airtable alternatives. We love Teamwork for providing peer tools like Teamwork Desk and Teamwork Chat that simplify your project management experience without additional integrations or out-of-pocket expenses.Try Teamwork
Teamwork is an easy-to-use Asana alternative even for people new to project management. Still, it is powerful enough to help businesses improve their project management processes and systems.
- Simplified Communication: The Teamwork Desk simplifies communication between teams and users. Tickets can be sent to the appropriate agents with instructions appended. The ticket status can also be viewed, allowing for tracking a case's progress and ensuring smooth and hassle-free customer data management.
- Work In One Platform: With features like consolidated inboxes, ticket assignments, and ticket statuses, teamwork saves time. Teamwork Projects users can also take action on a job without leaving the Teamwork Desk.
- Teamwork Templates: Predefined templates and project charters are available through Teamwork. These templates help you scale your best practices, save time on manual admin, and ensure that every detail on small and large projects runs smoothly.
- Teamwork Gantt Chart: You can break down your projects into tasks, assign them to the appropriate personnel, set deadlines, and track the progress with Teamwork Gantt charts. Furthermore, you can see the timetable for each project and see how much has been completed and how much remains.
- Seamless Integration: You can link Teamwork and project management with many of your favorite tools to get the most out of it. Furthermore, webhooks are supported by Teamwork, allowing you to automate tasks with other online platforms such as Slack.
- Simple to use
- Availability of time tracking tool for easy Invoicing and billing
- Highly Customizable
- CRM integration is lacking
- The mobile app needs to be improved
- Inconsistent support
Teamwork pricing plans depend on your needs and budget. You can sign up for a free 30-day trial of the Pro or Premium plan to try it out. All packages are not billed annually but are offered on a month-to-month basis.
Best Airtable Alternative For Individuals And Small Teams.
Asana is an excellent alternative to Airtable that includes a wide range of capabilities that both individual users and groups can use.
Asana enables you to make the most of task and project management while providing teams with transparent channels for successful collaboration and communication. Team members may readily collaborate on the work at hand through the comments, likes, and follow options.
- Team Video Chat Tool: Asana has launched a new video chat tool via Vimeo. Team members may now record and embed videos directly in Asana, allowing for improved communication and collaboration from any location.
- Task Dependencies: You can directly add dependents to a task, so you don't have to track when it's your turn to start. Once all other dependencies have been met, Asana will email you a message.
- Asana Desktop App: Work outside your browser with Asana's desktop client to reduce distractions. The desktop version offers all of the same features as the online app, but it's specifically created to enable you to focus on deep work.
- Custom Fields: With Asana, you can add additional critical information that you can easily view through the custom fields. Custom fields are useful to store information regarding the project's stage, priority, cost, or anything else unique to your team.
- Color-Code Project Assigning Functionality: You can create a separate project for each client to visually organize work on your calendar by a client, making each client a different color. Instead of switching between individual tasks and project calendars, this is an excellent method to track client work (or many projects) from one screen.
- Great workload management techniques
- Easy to learn, with a basic and intuitive user platform
- Keep track of your objectives and monitor your progress
- There is no timeline view in the free version
- Formats for exporting files are limited
- It is not possible to assign numerous people to the same task
- There is no built-in time-tracking functionality
Asana offers three plans, with a basic free forever plan which offers an unrestricted number of projects, messages, and tasks. Asana also provides an Enterprise plan on request.
Best Airtable Alternative For Fast-Growing Teams.
Hive is a collaboration tool accessible via the internet. It's a versatile productivity tool that lets users manage tasks and switch between the most useful and relevant perspectives to their work.
It contains a sophisticated set of capabilities that empower teams to plan, execute, communicate, monitor projects, and anticipate events that could affect work.
- Collaboration & Communication: Individuals can communicate with the team using the built-in chat tool, promoting file sharing by connecting to Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box. Customers and stakeholders, for example, can be invited to participate in the project.
- Project Management: Hive forms can gather information for a project and then distribute it to clients or customers. Create a customized to-do list based on allocated assignments and view their due dates for better decision-making and productivity.
- Analytics: With Hive Analytics, you can keep track of project progress and possible risks. It comes with an interactive and customized dashboard that allows you to track your own or your team's development.
- Visualization: For projects, it offers versatile Gantt, kanban, portfolio calendar, and table views. Users can choose between layouts, and changes are replicated across all project views, ensuring that everyone is aware of any changes.
- Resource Management: Provides real-time information on resource usage. The resource dashboard allows managers to check if a resource is engaged or needs to be scheduled and whether or not an employee has been allocated a position.
- Feature-rich platform
- Provides in-built time tracker
- Mobile app functionality is low
- Poor customer support
- No search function
Hive has a free forever plan and a 14-day free trial that allows you to try out the Hive paid plan for a couple of weeks to determine if they are worth it.
Best Alternative To Airtable with Advanced Time Tracking And Invoicing Capabilities Ideal For Remote Teams.
Zoho Projects is a strong Airtable alternative that teams of any capacity can use and is well worth investigating. The interface is highly customizable; you may choose to see everything at once or configure filters to show only your most useful tools and things.
- Zoho Tasks: Zoho Tasks allows you to establish a task for yourself or a teammate. With the updated interface, you can now classify tasks in groups, specify a due date and use a color scheme to gauge urgency.
- BluePrint Feature: The Blueprint Feature feature enables the automation of various tasks by putting in place workflows. You may save time by automating repetitive tasks (for example, setting a time for adding a task, setting an event reminder, and so on) with Zoho Projects.
- Customizable Gantt Chart: This platform allows you to customize Gantt charts to your satisfaction, and it also allows you to change plans by adding and removing tasks from one section of your chart to the other.
- Seamless Communication: The chat feature lets you share essential work and ideas with your teammates. You can start a private chat group for a task project or other topic and invite others who are interested.
- Mobile Access: Through its mobile application, this platform also caters to the demands of your team. This will enable teams to navigate tasks and maximize Zoho Projects' capabilities no matter where you are.
- Easy to schedule tasks and projects
- Highly detailed reports and project dashboards
- Easy to create projects folder
- Steep learning curve
- Agile project management features are limited
The pricing has a free version and a free trial. The premium edition starts at $5 per month. The payment plans can also be billed annually with a 20% discount.
Robust Alternative To Asana That’s Best For Product And Marketing Departments.
Workfront is a project management tool that streamlines processes between departments and teams. It provides industry-specific solutions to help businesses manage their work.
- Mobile Access: Larger teams often use remote workers. Workfront’s mobile apps enable users to work from anywhere, and workers may use the app to upload assignments, assign work, approve choices, and make requests.
- Real-time Reports: Project management relies heavily on reports. Workfront provides a platform for you to generate real-time project reports swiftly. When you create your dashboard, you'll be able to keep track of your money and time.
- Automated Project Management: Making a project plan is critical at all times. The project automation feature conducts all of the planning for you. The automatic project templates make introducing the project to your team easier.
- Tracking Of Milestones: Milestones are objectives set for certain tasks to be completed within a specific time frame. You can set project milestones and track whether you meet them within a given time frame.
- Customizable Templates: Each template can be simply customized to match your needs, and everything in the app changes to accommodate your modifications.
- Great customer service
- Offers over 150+ integrations
- Simple installation
- Active user community
- Dashboard can be hard to navigate
- Interface is not user-friendly
Workfront doesn't publish costs on its website; the price varies depending on the structure of each organization.
Superb Tool for Mobile and Desktop Task Tracking.
Paymo is a project management software that offers useful tools that improve the productivity of you and your team.
This all-in-one solution provides desktop and mobile time tracker apps with meta task boards and Gantt charts to help you manage teams and projects.
- Time Management: Paymo helps you track time directly in your browser. You can add notes and start the timer with each project and task. You stop the timer once you're done, and the time entry is automatically recorded in your timesheet. In the Timesheet, you get all the information needed at a glance with its rich time entry cards.
- Task Management: Paymo helps you assign tasks to one or more team members in a few clicks. You can group them into task lists that will help you keep your work structured and organized. Users can also see all their tasks in one place. While as the team manager, gets a single view for your tasks and another for your team’s tasks. Each task has a priority status task that indicates if it is of critical, high, normal, or low priority.
- Kanban Boards: The Kanban board helps you create workflows at different stages of your task. Move tasks sequentially through the board until they reach the ‘Complete’ stage. Find out which user is working on a designated task and its corresponding stage. This feature helps you identify whether someone is slowing down the project or has too many tasks on two consecutive stages. Use the default workflow with the To-Do list, In-Progress, and Complete columns, or create your own from scratch.
- Provides extensive time tracking tools
- Easy to implement
- Provides customized user permissions
- The web task timer automatically shuts off when left running for long periods.
Paymo offers a free plan as well as a 15-day free trial. There are also three paid plans (billed annually and monthly) that you can choose.
Best Issue Tracking Tool for Agile Teams.
Jira is a flexible issue tracking tool that helps teams plan, manage, and report on their work. Its flexible and scalable configuration makes it suitable for a wide variety of industries,
It offers different packages for different purposes; for example, Jira Core is great for companies and marketing teams, while Jira Service Desk is best for smaller teams and customers.
- Project Tracking: This issue tracking software manages ongoing projects at different stages. Jira’s customized query language helps you filter or sort issues in the various areas of your project. With this versatile project planning tool, you can create project folders, tasks, and stories from any device.
- Reports: Jira delivers numerous reports available, which help you gain visibility of any project or situation. In addition, its reports offer statistics throughout the project lifecycle. For instance, the Burndown chart displays the actual and estimated amount of work to be finished in the sprint.
- Security: With the help of Jira’s security setting, you can restrict the access of certain bugs to only team members who are allowed to work on the bug or a user of the given security level. You can choose to set your bug’s security level when created or edited. It also has a security feature like Default Permission Scheme, where all new projects are assigned by default. Additionally, Jira’s permission schemes help you make a set of permissions and apply the same to any project.
- Great for Agile and creative teams
- Highly customizable
- Provides a wide range of integration
- The default file upload size is too small
- The Mobile version is not so intuitive
- Migrating from other apps is complex
Jira provides a free plan and three paid plans. One of the accounts is customized.
Best Workload Management Tool for Seamless Collaboration.
Nifty is a remote collaboration hub designed to manage tasks, goals, communications, and teams all in one place.
It offers milestones, tasks, docs, a calendar, and even direct messaging. Nifty's dashboard is completely customizable to fit every workflow and helps you prioritize insights that help with reducing time searching.
- Task Management: Nifty helps you keep track of your time logs, activities, and task assignments across projects. You can use the ‘My Work' section to track all tasks assigned to you, with each task arranged by deadline. With Nifty, you never miss a deadline. There is also the option to filter tasks by due dates and task assignees. The milestones feature lets you see exactly how far you’ve come with your project progress. You can also automate your workflow by assigning your team members to different parts of the entire task list.
- Discussions: Discussions is Nifty’s feature focused on collaboration amongst project members to facilitate better decision-making. You can convert discussions into quick actions by turning a message into a task or creating a doc and auto-inviting all project members. It helps you access and share files from your desktop, Dropbox, or Google Drive to ensure everything related to that project is together. You can organize your discussions by creating ideal threads for answering questions or adding context to messages.
- Milestones: Milestones functions as your visual guide to a project by automating progress based on task completion—pilot objectives more efficiently by intersecting project milestones and tasks using the swimlane view. Milestones provide real-time automation of in progress, completed, and overdue status based on the completion of tied tasks. Set bulk task dependencies by blocking all tasks in a milestone until the other tasks of a milestone are completed.
- Integrates with various document management tools
- Constantly adding new features
- Easy to set up
- Can’t edit previous time logs entered
- Lacks expense management features
Nifty provides a free-forever account and four other paid plans.
Excellent Collaboration Software for Professional Service Providers.
Mavenlink is a project management and collaboration software for service providers. It helps their teams work together in a centralized workspace to promote transparency.
Its interactive interface provides teams with integrated tools for tasks, time and expense, communication, automated workflows, dashboards, and reports.
- Project Management: Mavenlink online helps you manage multiple projects simultaneously and provides a total view of the project portfolio. You can quickly check on the health and status of a single project or portfolio of projects, down to the smaller tasks. It provides real-time visibility of every task and deliverable through detailed Gantt charts, task lists, and threaded communications. It provides time and expense tracking features that help you link your team’s time, expenses, and invoices to their tasks and projects. Its accounting features are integrated into every project, so you can view budgets, burn rates, and forecasted costs and margins quickly. It also provides key features that support estimates and invoicing.
- Resource Management: Mavenlink has Master Planning features that help plan and allocate resources efficiently while understanding your team’s commitment rates. It has insightful dashboards, reports, and profiles that help you deploy your workforce successfully. Other resource management features include capacity planning, resource-centric forecasting, resource management process streamlining, easy adjustments, etc.
- Team Collaboration: The software also has integrated communication and collaboration tools that bring together all members of the team, including distributed teams and subcontractors. Communication is put into context with tasks, activities, and project performance in a single location. Other features include an activity feed, project permission settings, working with contractors, client view, etc.
- Business Intelligence: Mavenlink provides enterprise-grade business intelligence and powerful reporting that helps you make timely decisions. It has over 60 premade reports and dashboards to help you forecast revenue, margins, and resource capability with views that include demands.
- Provides useful project templates
- Offers numerous customization options
- Simple to navigate interface
- Difficult to edit task comments
- No Gantt chart on the mobile app
Mavenlink’s pricing is customized, and it does not provide a free trial.
Best Collaboration Tool for Task Tracking.
HyperOffice is an online collaboration suite that is highly customizable and cost-effective. For the most part, it is simple to set up for both local and wide area networks, helping users and clients to access project-related data easily.
- Task Tracking: HyperOffice helps you manage your tasks a lot faster. When you click a few buttons, you will be able to create new tasks, assign tasks to team members, and get instant notifications on task progress. This platform also provides tools to monitor and track progress on all tasks.
- Document Management: HyperOffice helps you organize, store and manage documents on the cloud. You can also grant access to your team members and determine who has access to what.
- Calendars and Contact Management: HyperOffice helps you and your team schedule and track important occasions, like meetings and product delivery, through its online calendar feature, which can also share with other users by giving them the level of access that you want. The contact management feature helps you easily import, export, or synchronize important contact information.
- Mobile Support: HyperOffice offers full support on the mobile platform. You can access your documents and collaborate with your peers, even on your mobile devices.
- User Administration: The user management feature adds another layer of customizability to HyperOffice, which helps its users add and delete team members and manage their access level.
- Customer Support: HyperOffice surpasses many of its competitors in terms of design and customer support. The software has a responsive and eye-catching interface design and a friendly support staff.
- Easy to upload files
- Intuitive interface
- Poor customer support
- User interface is a bit outdated
HyperOffice offers a 14-day free trial and four paid plans. Two of these paid plans are customized.
Great Project Tracking Tool for All Kinds of Teams.
Workzone is a work management tool that helps you organize projects by tasks, assigning who's responsible and when it's due. As tasks are updated, the changes are immediately available.
Unlike many other traditional work management tools, WorkZone's Project Tracker is easy enough to be used by the entire team, with a minimum of training.
- Project Dashboard: Workzone’s project dashboard gives team leaders and decision-makers of a project process a bigger picture of all projects across the entire business in a single view. You organize projects to be viewed based on campaign, department, or client and organize tasks in a manner that makes sense for your organization. And you can track task progress across the board to ensure that projects are always completed on schedule.
- Time Tracking: Every Workzone plan comes with a time tracker and resource management out of the box. Some tools don’t even offer it, relying solely on integrations with third-party time tracking tools. The platform lets you keep track of billable hours for clients and project costs, as well as keep an eye on where your team’s time goes. It’s easy to track time by user, task, and project. And in a few clicks, you can create variance reports to compare estimated task completion times to actual completion times.
- Task Dependencies: Workzone makes it easy to link tasks to each other and prioritize tasks that must be done first. You can even automatically set due dates for dependent tasks based on the task's status that has to be done first. Dates automatically adjust themselves, regardless of how many dependencies there are.
- Great customer support team
- Versatile enough for different types of teams
- Excellent team collaboration features
- Steep learning curve
- Limited search features
Workzone does not provide a free trial or plan, but you can request demos of its three paid plans.
16. Google Sheets
Great Airtable Alternative for Non-Technical Teams.
Google Sheets is a spreadsheet tool that serves as a project planning and collaboration lat form that helps store data, track tasks, and create dashboards and reports faster. It's also great for non-technical teams.
- Gantt Charts: This is easily a catch when the timing is your major concern in project management. Gantt charts help you visualize all the needed steps to complete a project and assign tasks based on priority more efficiently. They are particularly useful as they make it easy to visualize overlapping components in projects.
- Project Timeline: In Google Sheets, this template is a modified form of the Gantt chart that emphasizes the entire project schedule broken down into several stages in the project life cycle. This spreadsheet template can quickly become your best friend if this is your first project. You can start learning how to manage and oversee your project timeline.
- Project Tracking: Effectively monitoring tasks is an important activity for project managers. Google Sheets offers templates to help you organize your projects (or tasks) into various categories by deliverables, due date, cost, status, and time required. Furthermore, setting priorities on tasks and projects can alleviate stress in project management.
- Event Marketing Timeline: The template groups all necessary categories in a spreadsheet for planning an event and will reduce the time you’ll need for a project launching. Additionally, you can use it to prepare for a business event or campaign.
- Intuitive UI
- Can be accessed on any device
- Poor customer support
- Inefficient backup features
Google Sheets offers a free plan and one paid plan.
Best Airtable Alternative for Remote Teams.
Basecamp provides all the tools needed by teams and individuals to manage their projects and collaborate. This cloud-based application enables people and organizations to handle business better, create self-sufficient teams, and have fewer unproductive meetings.
The latest version, Basecamp 3, is a system that combines all the tools that teams need and puts them on a single platform. Users can discuss ideas, plan marketing campaigns, share photos, and more, easily doing things that teams can do together.
- Real-Time Communication: Since Basecamp is a remote working platform, it has numerous collaboration features, especially communication tools that eliminate the need for third-party solutions. Communication on Basecamp is not limited to just comments on tasks or cards but includes group chat, message boards, and pings. Group chats are best for casual internal discussions, and message boards are for larger-scale communications like announcements, idea pitching, etc. You can keep all of your communications centralized in one place without cluttering communication channels with info no one cares about.
- Integrated Calendar: Basecamp’s integrated calendar helps users sync their Google Calendars, iCal, and Outlook calendars so everyone on their team knows who is available to take on new tasks. You can more easily schedule calls with other users rather than sending messages back and forth about what time works for all parties involved. Additionally, you can display different to-dos, events, and tasks associated with a specific project to break your calendar down to those things that matter most.
- To-Do Lists: Basecamp offers more than a traditional project management solution, but it doesn’t skimp on task management features like to-do lists. You can easily split projects into phases, split projects into multiple tasks to stay organized, etc. If a task is overdue, everyone involved will be informed about it immediately, eliminating the need to follow up on late tasks altogether.
- Easy communication tools
- Provides a wide range of third-party integrations
- Straight forward pricing sector
- Search function can be confusing
- No Gantt chart
Basecamp offers a free plan called Basecamp Personal, while Basecamp Business costs a flat rate of $99 monthly.
Best Airtable Alternative for Version Control.
Backlog is an online project management tool for software development teams. It is a visual project tracking software with tools every developer needs.
It has tools such as bug and issue tracking, version control, Git and Subversion integrations, Gantt charts, burndown charts, Kanban boards, and more to increase your team’s efficiency.
- Team Collaboration: Backlog enables team members and third parties to communicate easily and avoid confusion. Users can add comments and files directly to tasks so that everything related to a task stays in one place. Role-based access control allows for secure collaboration. Development teams can collaborate with private Subversion and Git repositories.
- Bug Tracking: Backlog has bug tracking functionality by turning reported issues into easy-to-follow outlines. Each issue has a space for title, description, attachments, and custom fields to help users define bugs. Users can set their priority, assignee, and due dates.
- Wikis: Team members can create wikis for other project members to access, edit or download while getting notified when changes or new ones are added. There are also native iOS and Android apps to enable collaboration on the go.
- Easy to use
- Provides a wide range of integrations
- Supports mobile devices
- It lags sometimes
- Not enough backup features
Backlog provides a free version and three paid plans.
Airtable Alternatives FAQ
Airtable helps organizations and teams organize and structure their workload. It is a cloud-based collaborative platform that doubles as a modern spreadsheet tool with database functionalities targeted toward new businesses. Established businesses, on the other hand, can use it to align their business goals across all departments.
Like many other project management solutions, Airtable provides useful key features that help businesses manage their workflow. However, when you look at the functionalities some Airtable alternatives provide, you'll see that Airtable's features pale in comparison.
Not necessarily. With Airtable alternatives—as with any kind of software product—prices run the spectrum from free to expensive. So, while Airtable sits somewhere at the more affordable end of the spectrum, it’s not cheaper than all of its alternatives as there are free options.
The most prominent issue with Airtable is that it does not provide enough communication tools. This project management solution also has a steeper learning curve than many competitors.
In terms of task management, it’s hard to do better than Monday.com and Wrike. These platforms are especially powerful compared to Airtable because they are designed as dedicated project management solutions. As such, they have a whole suite of task management features that Airtable does not include natively. They are excellent examples of tools that provide great support in different situations.
Which Project Management Tool is Better Than Airtable?
Airtable is a great solution for project tracking, but it has its fair share of hiccups like many other tools. This list consists of numerous tools that provide the same or better features.
Here are our top recommendations:
To learn more about project management tools, check out the following articles:
- Best workflow management software
- Wrike vs. Asana
- ClickUp vs. Asana
- Trello vs. Asana
- ClickUp vs. Monday.com