18 Best Organization Apps to Boost Your Productivity in 2023
Are you looking for the best organization apps to increase your efficiency and productivity in everyday life or work?
Here are our top picks.
Do you know that once distracted, it takes the average employee 23 minutes to regain focus?
And that's just one distraction. This may explain why employee productivity is only 31% on a normal workday.
Distractions can be costly.
Organization apps can prevent these distractions and boost productivity in your personal life or work.
Check our list and organize every aspect of your life, from project management to goal-setting.
Overview of Best Organization Apps to Skyrocket Your Productivity
We researched new and well-known organization apps to find out which ones are worthy.
Here is the list of productivity apps we’ll review in this article:
- Monday.com (project management) – ultimate work organization app with templates for unique workflows.
- ClickUp (project management) – create customizable dashboards using 50+ widgets and track work progress.
- Teamwork (project management) – unrivaled client collaboration for boosting customer satisfaction and profits.
- Todoist – use IFTTT automations to complete your personal tasks faster.
- Wrike (project management) – improve team productivity using benchmarks and AI insights.
- Zoho Projects (project management) – lower the cost of managing big projects while interacting with team members on internal forums.
- Calendly – schedule appointments and send SMS reminders to meeting invitees.
- Evernote – create notes in a shared workspace and manage your team’s or personal daily tasks.
- Expensify – manage business expenses by setting payment limits and automating payment processes.
- Pocket – build a personal library of web articles for uninterrupted offline reading.
- Any.do – plan your daily work using voice commands and get location-based reminders on your smartwatch.
- nTask (project management) – anticipate project risks and manage work using timelines.
- Asana (project management) – organize your team’s work easily and track project goals.
- CamScanner – scan documents with your phone, convert them between different formats, and manage them from a central location.
- Trello (project management) – a colorful organization app for managing small projects using remote teams.
- Google Drive – secure cloud storage service with a generous free plan.
- Microsoft To Do – versatile task management app for Microsoft customers.
- Google Keep – manage your team’s or personal notes and to-do lists, and access them through Google Docs.
Best Organization App for Creating Unique Workflows
Monday tops our list of the best organization apps due to its ease of use and customization options. While I love its work management features, what stands out most is its template library. Professionally-designed templates make it easy to organize work and track progress. Also, the detailed reports allowed me to understand what was happening behind the scenes.Try Monday.com
Monday.com is a full-featured organization app that lets you manage everything from tasks and projects to document editing.
You can build workflows that align with your working style, add automations, and track tasks using different views.
Monday enables you to set access permissions, manage document versions, and easily adopt the system for multiple use cases.
- Work organization: organize your work on a Kanban board to see task statuses. With your work well organized, you will save time and be more productive. You can also collaborate with internal and external teams and use spreadsheets to populate Gantt charts.
- Web forms: design custom forms from scratch or use templates to get started faster. You can add conditions to the forms to collect the necessary information and automatically route requests to the right people.
- Efficient workflow: you can brainstorm ideas, collaboratively edit docs using mobile apps, and plan work using mind maps and tasks. You can also tag team members, add files, and embed boards into your docs.
- Automation: improve efficiency by automating repetitive work, such as assigning tasks and sending deadline alerts. You can improve your workflows by creating custom rules that sync data between Monday.com and external tools.
- Reports: generate visual reports that communicate work progress. You can customize dashboards to track your team's workload, identify bottlenecks, and share reports with internal and external stakeholders.
Most Affordable Organization App for Team Collaboration
ClickUp is one of the best organization apps available, yet it’s very affordable. Among its many features, my favorite is Goals. With Goals, I was able to define what I wanted to achieve and track my progress. Also, the opportunity to track team members' contributions toward goals proved helpful for boosting team morale.Try ClickUp
ClickUp lets you collaborate internally to achieve project objectives such as:
- Broadcasting dashboards to different screens in the office
- Brainstorming ideas on a virtual whiteboard
- Engaging through chat and sending emails
- Embedding files into your Docs
- Creating custom data fields
- Task management software: set up tasks and subtasks for your work and personal life, and define their priority levels. You can create recurring tasks, assign them to multiple teammates, and use templates to quickly start managing your tasks. Even without a premium subscription, you get free unlimited tasks and cloud storage.
- Client management: organize your client info and easily grow your business relationships. You can manage contacts, create proposals and invoices, and customize workflows to manage your pipelines.
- Goals: keep track of your goals and monitor work progress using both web and mobile apps. You can set deadlines, organize goals in folders, assign ownership, and control access and editing using permissions.
- Custom dashboards: build custom dashboards that give you a quick overview of the state of your work. You can use 50+ widgets to create charts, monitor workloads, and pull data from external apps.
- Docs: organize your ideas and notes using Docs and collaborate in real time. You can embed files, turn text into action items, and use widgets to add functionality to your docs.
Best Organization Tool for Collaborating With Clients
Teamwork makes client collaboration a breeze. However, unlike other work-organizing apps, Teamwork goes beyond traditional team collaboration and focuses on client experience. With an opportunity to add unlimited free client users, Teamwork significantly increases profits and customer satisfaction.Try Teamwork
Teamwork focuses on client relationships and has the features to boost engagement and customer retention.
With clients directly involved in projects, you can eliminate the back-and-forth email communication and collaborate for success.
You can use a timer to track time, manage workloads, and generate reports for performance monitoring.
- Workload planning: organize work by building the right team and scheduling every task. You can track the workload distribution, re-assign and re-prioritize work, and get real-time insights delivered through mobile apps.
- Client management: give clients a personalized onboarding experience and add them to your workspace for project collaboration. You can manage your contact list, set access permissions for clients, and tag them for input.
- Time tracking: track time across individuals, teams, and tasks, and improve transparency in billing. The time tracking feature provides time management insights to measure project profitability and improve future project plans.
- Collaboration: engage your team through chat, monitor work progress using Gantt charts, and use milestones to manage work. You can also show your team members their contribution toward achieving project goals.
- Project management software: use the simple interface to create tasks and multiple lists, share files, and set timelines for the same tasks. You can assign work to teammates, create task dependencies, and set up projects using templates.
Best Organization App for Personal To-Do Lists
Todoist is suitable for organizing personal tasks and tracking improvements. While its karma system encouraged me to complete tasks on time, what I loved most was creating custom integrations. Using IFTTT, I created automations to auto upload email attachments to Google Drive and auto create tasks to reflect new calendar events. Also, the ability to record voice memos makes using Todoist fun.Try Todolist
Todoist is user-friendly and helps you hit your personal goals by using priority statuses to organize tasks.
Natural Language Processing makes Todoist one of the best organization apps to manage personal tasks on our list.
You can use voice control to create tasks, share responsibilities with family members, and track progress toward achieving your goals.
- Work management: use the “Quick Add” feature and immediately start getting organized. You can set reminders and deadlines, create a “Favorites” list, and highlight what’s important by assigning priority levels.
- Personalization: decide the look and feel of Todoist by choosing a theme that reflects your personality and mood. You can create Kanban-like cards that show where everything stands and use labels and filters to customize task views.
- Flexibility: access Todoist using desktop and mobile apps or browser extensions. You can integrate Todoist with hundreds of other apps or use the API to create custom integrations.
- Progress tracking: start keeping track of your goals and use periodic visualizations to see how to increase productivity. Todoist helps you build good habits by using its karma system to motivate you to complete more tasks.
- Workflow management: create workflows that align with your style and engage with others to increase productivity. You can create tasks from email, delegate work, and coordinate schedules across different apps.
Best Organization App for AI-based Insights and Process Optimization
Wrike goes beyond general work organization. It enabled me to build project teams, plan future work, and create efficient workflows. I recommend Wrike as one of the best organization apps for data analysis with AI insights. Also, I could build custom integrations using the API.Try Wrike
Wrike uses Artificial Intelligence to generate insights from your data to help you improve your processes.
You can build teams that span multiple workspaces and work together to move forward.
Teams can collaborate in document creation, use benchmarks to compare performance, manage workloads, and track work progress.
- Work intelligence: use voice commands to create tasks and let AI technology analyze project notes to generate sub-tasks. You can even record voice memos, identify potential blockers, and get suggestions for improving your processes.
- Resource planning: use machine learning to identify resource shortages, make plans, build the right team, and allocate work. You can forecast project timelines and monitor team capacity using the workload chart.
- Collaboration: work with different teams in unlimited workspaces and manage tasks using mobile apps for Android and iOS devices. You can agree on how to route work requests, edit documents live, attach files, and set approval processes.
- Progress tracking: monitor your work progress and analyze your efforts against benchmarks to see what to improve. You can use the time tracking app and custom productivity metrics to analyze your team’s efficiency and share reports.
- Automation: create rules to automate tasks and workflows and sync data across different apps. You can integrate Wrike with other tools and use its open API to build custom integrations.
Most Affordable Project Management Tool for Big Teams
Zoho Projects is best known for managing projects, but it can also help you plan your time effectively.
This tool lets you organize your work into milestones and engage team members through chat.
For effective resource management, use the resource utilization chart and easily re-balance workloads on the Gantt chart.
- Project management software: use tasks and task lists to manage everything from complex projects to personal needs. You can add working hours to individual tasks, create milestone timelines, and monitor progress using calendar, Kanban, and Gantt views.
- Collaboration: Zoho Projects is one of the best organization apps for collaborating across teams. With unlimited projects and users, you can create and edit documents with a team and add project comments from your inbox. You can also post updates on the interactive feed and forum to keep everyone on the same page.
- Time management: just like the best time tracking software, Zoho’s timer enables you to efficiently track billable and non-billable hours. You can add Zoho Books or Zoho Invoice integrations to create and send project quotes and invoices.
- Mobile app: view pending work through mobile apps and reschedule tasks using Gantt charts. You can get task updates from the feed, log worked hours, and manage work on the calendar.
- Analytics and reports: use the Zoho Analytics integration to get insights from your tasks and project data. You can analyze productivity graphs, track work progress against project baselines, and embed or export reports.
Best Productivity Tool for Scheduling Appointments
Calendly is a popular appointment management and calendar app. One of its most interesting features is the option for teams to vote on the best meeting times.
Calendly uses local time zones to communicate meeting times, adds location information, and integrates with Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
Small businesses can route prospects to specific team members and automate follow-up communication.
- Appointment scheduling: Calendly is one of the best organization apps for scheduling appointments. It gives you the option of routing requests to your team members by round-robin or priority. You can also create different types of meetings.
- User management: create users and organize them in groups, assign roles and permissions, and edit records in bulk. For team management, Calendly helps you to improve efficiency by using templates for common admin tasks.
- Workflows: use the user-friendly interface to create workflows that save you time for important work. You can send event invitations to multiple people at the same time and schedule email and SMS reminders.
- Native integrations: stay connected from anywhere and sync Calendly with Google Calendar, iCloud, and other organizational tools. You can share event links using mobile apps and get notified when meetings are booked or rescheduled.
- Analytics: identify trends, such as the best meeting days and times and the most booked meeting types. You can visualize scheduling on custom dashboards and filter the data as needed.
Best Organization App for Taking Notes and Scheduling Tasks
Evernote is a note-taking app that lets you organize ideas and create notes in a clean and customizable interface.
You can change background images, add files to your notes, and get your notes synced across multiple devices.
You can use the available templates to save time and customize them to your liking.
- Web clipper: save full web pages, organize your research, and tag content using keywords. You can highlight sections of your clips and view them on a full screen without ads.
- Spaces: create workspaces that bring teams together, keep notes private, and collaborate across your entire organization using mobile apps. With all work-related information available in one location, it becomes easy to onboard new team members.
- Tasks: Evernote’s simple interface enables you to create daily tasks and manage to-do lists while taking notes. You can add deadlines, search for tasks using filters, and assign tasks to teammates. You can also receive smart notifications about what to prioritize.
- Search: Evernote suggests results as you type, ignoring typos and punctuation errors. You can search handwritten notes, filter results using tags, and add Boolean operators for specific searches.
- Calendar: integrate with Google Calendar to stay organized when scheduling meetings and get reminders to take notes. You can add event locations and attendees and coordinate schedules across multiple Google Calendar accounts.
Best Productivity Tool for Managing Business Accounting
Expensify handles your financial management tasks, such as payroll and taxes. You can also set up approval processes to manage the expenses of your company.
Expensify organizes your finances in one location. It gives managers insights into the company's finances while providing employees with details of their deductions.
- Expense management: scan receipts to capture transaction details and use the spending report to track expenses. You can reconcile expense accounts, track taxes, and grant controlled access to your expense records.
- Invoices: improve efficiency by automating your payment processes. You can export invoices to popular accounting tools, add comments on invoices, and get notified when payments are made.
- Bill payments: save time by automating bill payment processes. You can track every bill, capture details using SmartScan, and automatically approve payments to be made from your bank account.
- Virtual personal assistant: chat with Concierge to make hotel bookings, re-book flights, and save your travel preferences. Using insights from your traveling data, you can develop good habits and improve your financial management skills.
- Expensify credit card: use this card to pay for expenses and receive up to 4% cashback. You can set limits on the amounts you spend and use mobile apps to check transactions against your expense policies.
Best App for Saving Web Articles for Offline Reading
Pocket is one of the best organization apps for saving online articles. You can save as much content as you want, highlight text, and enjoy privacy.
You can add tags to your saved stories and save articles by emailing their links to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upgrading from the free version gives you an ad-free interface for uninterrupted reading.
- Permanent personal library: save your favorite stories forever, even if the source gets deleted. You can search through your saved content using tags, topics, keywords, and other filters.
- Recommendations: when looking for inspiration, just check out Pocket’s recommendations. Pocket’s curators find insightful content from trustworthy sources and share it through the website, newsletter, chrome extension, and app.
- Pocket for publishers: get more engagement by adding the Pocket button to your site and apps. You can customize the message displayed when users save your content and track your content’s performance.
- Saving via email: send links to Pocket through email, and the articles will be added to your list. You can also add multiple accounts to save content.
Best Cross-platform App for Organizing Life and Work
Any.do lets you create a daily to-do list and sync your events with Google Calendar.
You can set location-based reminders, manage remote teams, create client invoices, and chat in real time.
Among the best organization apps, Any.do is the one that’s truly cross-platform. It even works on wearable devices and imports data from other organizing apps.
- Calendar: organize important events using the calendar and stay focused on what matters. You can pull data from other organizing apps, note down what to discuss in meetings, and schedule events.
- Workspace: manage whole projects, share files, import projects from other apps, and collaborate using chat. You can also increase productivity by setting up workflows with any of the built-in templates.
- Daily planner: make your life easier by using “My Day” for a private view of your planned work. “My Day” resets every day and lets you add tasks, import them from external apps, or use Any.do’s suggestions.
- Task management software: set deadlines for your tasks, delegate work, and share task lists. Stay organized by using colored tags to categorize tasks and access to-do lists from any device, including your watch.
- Reminders: this organization app lets you set recurring and location-based reminders to ensure you don’t forget anything. And for extra flexibility, you can install mobile apps for Android and iOS devices and set reminders using Siri.
Best Organization Tool for Managing Tasks and Project Risks
nTask helps you organize work using tasks and timesheets.
This tool stands out among the best organization apps for its ability to manage project risks.
With the paid plans, you get bulk actions, custom roles and permissions, and up to 33% discount when billed annually.
You can also plan whole projects, set budgets, and compare estimated vs. actual project timelines.
- Task management software: create daily tasks, set due dates, and visualize work using multiple views. You can import/export tasks, add descriptions, assign priority status, and use labels for filtering.
- Time tracking: use the timer in the mobile apps to automatically track time spent by individuals and teams and monitor productivity. You can analyze timesheet data to understand your team’s capacity and set time estimates at the project and task levels.
- Meeting management: make your meetings count by ensuring you have a clear agenda and follow-up actions. Integrate with Google Calendar and other organizational tools, share discussion notes and minutes, and link meetings to tasks.
- Project management software: create project plans and manage work using budgets and milestones. You can engage team members through chat, allocate resources, and use color codes to easily differentiate between projects.
- Kanban boards and Gantt charts: customize Kanban boards, change card settings, visualize work status, and track progress using Gantt charts. You can also use the Gantt chart software to create tasks, set dependencies, and add timelines.
Best Project Management Tool for Building Workflows
Asana has a vast set of features. Its ease of use makes it one of the best organization apps for project management.
With Asana, you can design custom workflows, build teams for every project, and manage workloads.
With the free version, you can start managing projects, get unlimited cloud storage, assign and track tasks, and stay organized.
- Workflow builder: create custom workflows, monitor them using Workflow Reporting, and automate recurring tasks. You can create workflows that include data from external apps and save them as templates.
- Workload manager: build project teams and re-balance workloads to prevent burnout. You can start managing time, drag and drop tasks to re-assign them, and monitor workloads in real time.
- Calendar: plan tasks using the calendar feature and visualize your work progress from different angles. You can collaborate in planning your work, filter tasks in the list view, and integrate Asana with Google Calendar.
- Project goals: create goals and subgoals, and set OKRs to guide your daily life and work efforts. With everyone seeing their contribution toward achieving company goals, your team will be motivated, and performance will increase.
- Progress tracking: build dashboards using customizable charts and graphs and easily access the associated tasks. You can track work activities using Asana’s mobile apps and use templates to quickly set up real-time reporting.
Best Organization Tool for Scanning and Converting Documents
CamScanner uses your phone’s camera to scan documents and upload them to its cloud-based storage.
It’s among the best organization apps because it’s able to convert PDF files to Word documents, spreadsheets, and images.
You can annotate documents, secure them with passwords, and save them in Google Drive and Dropbox.
- Document scanner: use your phone's camera to scan business cards and other documents for online storage or sharing. You can optimize your images, remove unwanted backgrounds, and save files as HD images or PDF documents.
- PDF editing: split and merge PDF files, add watermarks and passwords, and compress files for faster sharing. You can also edit the text in PDF files and add e-signatures.
- Document converter: convert documents across different formats and increase productivity. As one of the best PDF converters, CamScanner converts PDF documents to Word, Excel, PPT, and JPG. It can also convert images to PDF, Word, Excel, and text.
- Text recognition (OCR): accurately extract text from PDF files and images and use it to create documents in other applications. This organization app’s OCR engine supports up to 40 languages. With the premium plan, you can use the OCR function up to 1,000 times per month.
- Sync: make keeping track of your documents easy with file sync. CamScanner syncs your documents across multiple devices and lets you share them through email and social networks.
Best Work Organization Tool for Simple Projects
Trello is a simple yet powerful app combining a visually-appealing interface with helpful features.
It’s among the best organization apps for setting up meetings with remote teams and capturing task and meeting details.
This organization tool lets you automate tasks using Butler or through card and board buttons. You can also get more features by upgrading to the premium plan.
- Work management: create tasks and move them to relevant columns to show task status. You can add descriptions and file attachments, set deadlines, and use labels to indicate priority levels.
- Automation: let Butler improve your work efficiency by handling recurring tasks. You can also create board and card buttons that, when clicked, trigger a series of actions.
- Task views: the board view provides a quick status update, while the timeline view lets you adjust task time frames. You can filter data in the table view and pinpoint locations in the map view.
- Meetings: use a template to quickly set up your meeting and add invitees and agenda cards. You can create checklists of action items, reduce meeting time, and stay focused on achieving meeting goals.
- Remote team management: remote teams can hold bonding sessions and track work progress using the table view. You can use templates such as “Remote Team Hub” and “Work From Home Daily Planner” to easily manage remote teams.
16. Google Drive
Best Collaboration and Cloud Storage App for Individuals
Considering its generous free plan, it makes sense that Google Drive is among the best organization apps.
It lets you collaborate in creating documents, save files online, and set restrictions when sharing.
Google Drive has more features than most people know about. Some of them are listed below.
- Malware protection: get your files automatically scanned for malware. This security feature ensures your computing devices are safe from hackers and that you don’t lose your data.
- File storage: get an online storage locker with 15GB of free space for your digital life. You can upload files of any type, share them using links, and leverage AI search technology to find files quickly.
- Collaboration: collaborate with anyone to create and edit documents in real time. As the document owner, you can share documents and grant permissions such as view, print, and edit.
- Google One: get up to 2TB of extra storage plus a VPN by using Google One. You also get other benefits such as Google Play Credit and extended trials of some Google products.
- Integrations: edit Microsoft Office documents, PDF and CAD files, and 100+ other file types, all within Google Drive. You can also use Google Meet for a video call with up to 100 participants.
17. Microsoft To Do
Best Task Organization App for the Microsoft Ecosystem
Microsoft To Do is a productivity app focused on planning and completing tasks.
Through its Android and iOS apps, you can manage to-do lists, set task deadlines, and add reminders.
With its ability to sync natively with Outlook, this tool can be called one of the best organization apps for increasing productivity.
- Task management software: organize individual tasks into simple to-do lists and make it easy to accomplish your goals. You can create sub-tasks, set deadlines, and schedule reminders to get notified when it’s time to work.
- Daily planner: start each day with a ready-made list of tasks to work on. Microsoft To Do suggests tasks for building your to-do list, saving you time when planning your day.
- Cross-platform: this app works across multiple platforms to give you the flexibility you need. You can use the app on the web or download the mobile version for Android and iOS platforms.
- Integrations: integrate Microsoft To Do with Outlook Tasks to achieve a centralized task management experience. This ensures that you stay productive both when on the web and when using email.
18. Google Keep
Simple Task Collaboration and Note-taking App With Powerful Search
Google Keep provides a collaboration platform that brings teams together for notes and sharing responsibilities.
You can brainstorm ideas, create to-do lists, add media files, and pin your most frequently-used notes for quick access.
Keep works offline and syncs your notes across desktop and mobile devices.
- Notes: as a note-taking app, Keep lets you save ideas and easily access them from the Google Docs window. When offline, Keep saves your notes locally, then syncs them across your devices once you’re online.
- Reminders: create location-based reminders to get smart notifications of what to work on at a particular location. You can also set time-based reminders to receive an alert when it’s time for work.
- Search notes: find the notes you’re looking for. You can categorize your notes using labels and colors or use advanced filters such as “audio notes with reminders.”
- Collaboration: collaborate in real time and brainstorm ideas, allocate duties, and create task lists. Your work activities get updated in Keep, enabling you to track work progress.
What Are the Best Mobile Apps to Organize Your Personal Life and Work?
Choosing the best mobile apps for organizing your life and work requires trying out several options.
Here are the top 5 which handle almost everything, helping you avoid costly distractions.
*Top 5 Tools Widget*
For a review of other related business tools, check out the below articles:
- Best Work Management Software
- Best Free Schedule Maker Tools
- Best Client Management Software
- Best Billing and Invoicing Software