24 Best Asana Alternatives in 2022 (Free & Paid)
While Asana is one of the most widely used project management tools, it is not a one-size-fits-all solution.
This article will look at the 24 best Asana alternatives in 2022 and feature our top 5 picks.
Ever wondered what the best Asana alternatives are? Maybe not.
Or maybe you have. After all, while it is a popular project management tool, some still search for Asana alternatives because, like any other platform, it has its fair share of drawbacks.
So, in this article, we have compiled a list of the best alternatives to Asana that might be right for you. These Asana alternatives offer all of the functionality of this popular tool without most of the drawbacks.
Let's get started.
Why Look For an Alternative to Asana?
- Not Suitable For All Business Types: Asana is a popular tool well-liked for combining task management and collaboration capabilities in a simple manner. But it isn't necessarily the best platform for every business despite all these.
- No Time-Tracking Feature: One thing Asana lacks is a time-tracking feature, which is a big downside. This reason alone is enough for most organizations to consider Asana alternatives, especially if you pay employees by the hour or bill clients by the hour.
- No Support for Multi-user Tasks: Asana does not offer any way to assign tasks to multiple users. That's a massive setback for a team collaboration tool and a significant disadvantage when it comes to complex project management.
- Too Many Confusing Features: Another reason to consider Asana alternatives is that, while its features are fantastic, Asana offers far too many task-related features, and It's easy to get caught up in one feature over another. As a result, even simple activities can feel a little overwhelming.
- Mobile App With Restrictions: Generally, Asana performs better on a PC with a full screen; a mobile device's small screen does it no justice at all. Beyond quickly checking the status of something, getting anything useful done will be difficult. This affects a team’s ability to work on the go. Due to these, you might want to consider Asana alternatives for project management.
Best Asana Alternatives for Project Management
Our picks for the 24 best alternatives to Asana in 2022 are as follows:
- Zoho Projects
- Microsoft Planner
- Microsoft Project
Best Asana Alternative For All-in-one Workflow Management.
To our minds, it’s hard to do better than Monday.com. With its user-friendly interface, visually appealing design, and intuitive features—complete with self-explanatory labels for various elements—this platform is hard to beat for SMBs.Try Monday.com
Monday.com is easily one of the best Asana alternatives. It is a project and task management platform that includes collaboration and basic CRM features; it enables teams to plan and execute complicated projects to meet deadlines effectively.
Monday.com, when compared to Asana, is more simple to use and more flexible, allowing you to onboard any team and manage projects.
- Monday.com Apps Marketplace: Using custom views, widgets, integrations, and automations from the Monday.com Apps Store, you can easily extend the functionality of your work OS. The app store features third-party integrations with programs like Mailchimp, Facebook, Hubspot, and original Monday.com-specific additions.
- Task Management: Monday.com functions as a task organizer, allowing you to create and organize your tasks and task lists. You can plan, assign, analyze, and report on task progress from anywhere for remote and hybrid teams. You can also set reminders so that everyone in your team knows what's coming up next and when it's due.
- Recruitment Pipeline Board: Monday.com has a recruiting pipeline board where you can find new staff and keep track of the procedures and candidates. Other capabilities include tracking roles, gathering applications, keeping track of interview notes, and connecting with candidates via email. You can also ask candidates to assess their experience by sending a link to a survey you've created.
- Seamless Automation: Monday.com can handle a variety of if-then scenarios, saving you a lot of time.
Monday.com offers a free lifetime plan for up to two seats, after which pricing increases depending on the number of seats and features required.
Exceptional Offering With A Fantastic and Simple User Interface.
You’ll find ClickUp particularly useful if you already have solid flows, communication, and collaboration with your team. ClickUp may be too much for teams still in the startup stage.Try ClickUp
Another top-of-the-line offering among standout Asana alternatives, ClickUp is a project management tool used by large and small organizations, regardless of the type of business. It's a cloud-based platform with several handy tools for team communication.
- Customization: Everything in ClickUp is customizable, allowing customers to manage any project without the need for add-ons. With a variety of ClickApps that provide various project management features, teams can personalize assignments to any job necessity. Users can also save time by automating recurring tasks, assigning Sprint Points, and adding Custom Fields.
- Tag Tool: ClickUp allows you to save time with the Tag Tool feature. You can seamlessly assign a user to a different project using the tag feature.
- Report Tool: Any changes you make in ClickUp are reflected immediately across all connected devices through ClickUp's Report tool. You'll be able to observe when others make edits or remarks, avoiding any potential conflicts. If you're in charge of a larger team, you can use the team reporting tool to get a sense of your entire team.
ClickUp offers a free forever plan, with a pricing plan that starts at $9 per user. A free trial period and a free version are available and the free version includes unlimited projects. The practically unlimited free plan makes it one of the best Asana alternatives you can find.
Best For Web-Based Agile Project Management.
Wrike assists teams in effectively managing both new projects and ongoing project tasks. While it has a wide range of project management features, getting started is a bit difficult to do on your own because the system has quite a bit of a learning curve to it.Try Wrike
Wrike is a cloud-based software used through web browsers, mobile devices, and PCs. The app includes the most powerful and effective solutions for modern enterprises.
- Project and Task Management: Wrike provides interactive and customized tools to visualize tasks. Users can use the drag-and-drop interface to create and visualize project plans and track progress with interactive Gantt charts. Agile teams can use the software's shareable Kanban boards to plan and manage projects at every level.
- Widgets: Wrike's dashboards use widgets to display an overview of critical data on a single screen. You can use the pre-made widgets or make your own. Project Managers can use this feature to track time, track overdue items, view tasks awaiting approval, track tasks depending on status, and monitor other details.
- Workflow Rules: Wrike’s workflow rules allow users to define standards that keep each task moving in the right direction through each project phase. This makes it easy to keep track of the status of each assignment and guarantees that everyone receives the correct work in the correct order.
Wrike cost is determined by the features you demand and the number of users you require. It's free for up to 5 users, making it an excellent choice for small businesses.
Spreadsheet-Style Project Management Platform For Companies With Several Projects.
Smartsheet is the perfect tool for your team if spreadsheets and data drive your projects. This tool will be a breeze if you're an expert spreadsheet user who understands all its advantages.Try Smartsheet
Smartsheet is a cloud-based collaboration solution for teams and departments that automates repetitive operations and activities. It includes a feature-rich platform that allows users to plan, automate, track, and report on their daily workload more efficiently.
- Robust Integrations: Smartsheet has several integrations and add-ons which allow you to link your existing office tools with Smartsheet. You can also connect file storage options like Dropbox to make transferring and sharing documents easier.
- Alerts Functionality: You can send automated warnings to appropriate team members when deadlines and task kickoff dates are approaching. You can also set it up to send notifications when different aspects of a project are finished.
- Remote Work: As long as you have an internet connection, you can access everything on Smartsheet, whether on your laptop at home or on your smartphone. This implies that approvals and the reading of files, attachments, and other information can all be done on the go.
- Collaborating: Smartsheet centralizes all project data, notes, and files, making collaboration effortless. Any web browser or device can access all of the information needed for a project.
Smartsheet's price is relatively straightforward. There are only three simple tiers, with each plan giving more features than the previous one.
Best Suited For Teams That Handle Client Work.
Teamwork is a simple software designed specifically for teams and client-based work. It is excellent for small, medium, and large enterprises that want to keep track of their workload and due dates with colleagues in real-time, regardless of where they are situated.Try Teamwork
Teamwork allows users to access, organize, and manage projects. It is a collaborative tool that supports numerous workspaces.
- Portfolio Overview: The portfolio management capabilities in Teamwork gives you a quick overview of all current projects by category. You can have a portfolio for marketing work and another for website projects. This gives you more control over how everything is structured.
- Workload Management: Teamwork uses a color system to help you see how many duties each team member is handling. In this manner, you can tell at a glance if somebody is overworked and, as a result, may struggle to meet deadlines. You can strategically reassign some of these responsibilities to more available team members.
- Personal Task Tab: To assist team members in remaining on top of their to-dos, each user has a “My tasks” tab. You get a real-time picture of the workload on all tasks assigned. You can then rebalance your tasks as needed.
The number of users, projects, and storage space required all factor into the final price you pay for Teamwork. There's also a 30-day free trial.
Affordable Project Management Tool Designed For Small And Midsize Businesses.
Zoho Projects allows project teams to collaborate online and offers scheduling features. It also comes with a bug tracking feature intended exclusively for software development projects and integration with other Zoho products like Zoho CRM.
- Issue Tracker: This tool aids workflow management by documenting, tracking, and resolving issues as they emerge. You can keep track of the team's progress in locating and resolving bugs and other problems.
- Resource Usage Chart: The resource usage chart in Zoho shows each employee's workload, which allows project managers to avoid overburdening specific staff and evenly distribute work across team members.
- Automated Tasks: You can automate your recurring tasks in Zoho Projects, which means you may add a task or task reminder at a specific time. It's well recognized for its Blueprint function, which allows you to set up a pipeline to automate numerous tasks. This tool enables you to create your blueprint by allowing you to design the process flow, configure the settings, and execute the process quickly.
- Project Management: Teams can divide project tasks into subtasks with Zoho Projects. Team leaders also have visibility of all projects, making it easy to see who is responsible for each job, when deadlines are approaching, and get a complete picture of each project.
Zoho Projects comes in three different subscription plans, each with a different price, set of features, and several people who can use the software. All of the plan options are month-to-month.
Best For Enterprise Departments And Teams In the Marketing Industry.
Workfront is a work management tool that streamlines processes between departments and teams. Portfolio, document, and corporate work management are all included.
Workfront offers high-end tools for getting day-to-day work done.
- Real-time Report: Project management relies heavily on reports. Workfront provides a platform for you to generate real-time project reports swiftly. When you create your dashboard, you'll be able to keep track of your resources and time.
- Reliable Support: When you're stuck at work, you can turn to Workfront Support for assistance. You'll also have access to materials and videos that demonstrate how to get around the platform. The app is robust and has many functions; support is provided to assist you in getting the most out of each component.
- Mobile Apps: Workfront mobile apps enable you to work from anywhere. You may get started by downloading the app to your phone. Workers can use the app to upload assignments, assign work, approve choices, and make requests.
- Collaboration: With Workfront, team collaboration is seamless. Each user may keep track of what they need to complete with the help of Facebook-like threads. Notifications are also provided via the app, allowing members to receive cues whenever tasks are assigned to team members for execution.
Workfront's costs aren't listed on its website; the price varies depending on the size and setup of each organization. You would need to contact Workfront's team for a custom price.
Modern Work And Project Management Solution For Small Enterprises and Remote Teams.
Paymo is a project management tool for small and medium-sized client-based organizations.
This system allows remote work and has a single suite that includes resource scheduling, team collaboration, file proofing, and project accounting. You may use its project management tools to plan projects and assign tasks to several people.
- Web and Desktop Timer: Paymo offers a web and desktop timer that allows you to track time spent on tasks. The desktop and web timer count down work time to the second—so no more undercharging the client. It has an automatic time monitoring tool (Paymo Plus) that keeps track of your desktop activity. You don't have to start or stop the timer; it automatically starts and stops when you start or stop working on your computer.
- Progress Tracker: Paymo allows you to track the progress and workload of your team leaders and members. This tool allows you to balance workloads and quickly identify who is behind schedule.
- Mobile Version: Paymo offers Android/iOS apps that make it possible to work on the platform even when not at your desk. You can even work offline with the mobile apps; your offline saved work is instantly synchronized with your existing account once you're online.
- Multiple Projects Templates: Paymo has a variety of templates organized by industry and work type. You can either use these templates or build your own in the app.
Paymo has two service tiers: Small Office and Business, with monthly and annual payment options. Paymo offers a 14-day free trial.
Easy-to-use Asana Alternative That Provides Cross-project Visibility With Resource And Finance Management Tools.
Clarizen is a business-grade solution that blends project management and social interaction in a novel way.
The platform's key benefit is that it's effortless to set up and operate, resulting in improved performance. It's a single software that connects projects, activities, and conversations to provide businesses with a well-defined work framework.
This simplicity makes it one of the most impressive Asana alternatives.
- Simple User Interface: Clarizen's fascinating social interface will keep you entertained. It's easy to set up and customize, ensuring that your working hours are more productive and resourceful. You also gain the necessary transparency to promote profitability and business growth.
- Robust Dashboard: Clarizen centralizes your work, including custom processes, files, reports, collaboration with partners and coworkers, and planned and unplanned activities. The software combines intentional collaboration, flexible process automation, and cross-organizational project management into a simple interface.
- High-level security: Since its inception, Clarizen has continued to improve security measures. Their security servers are in SOC 2, Tier 3, and North American Type II certified facilities, with data being monitored and stored within numerous firewalls.
- Mobile App Availability: Clarizen subscribers have access to a mobile application. It's an extensive feature that includes responding to customer inquiries and changing work status in your queue. You can also easily communicate with your teammates about project details.
Clarizen does not disclose any pricing details. By filling out a web form, prospective customers can request a product demo.
Flexible Asana Alternative That Brings Together All Essential Project Management Features In One Place.
ProofHub is a cloud-based service that allows clients and team members to manage, communicate, and discuss work in a single spot. It aids managers in creating notes and to-do lists, as well as the discussion of plans and the creation of daily tasks and calendar milestones.
- Gantt Charts: ProofHub has Gantt charts to enable teams to plan tasks. Team members can manage their services and offer the highest standard of work by using these charts.
- Task Management: Task management aids teams in ensuring that all tasks are completed. Team leaders can delegate tasks to many people or groups of people in ProofHub, providing time estimates. Team members can look up information on various tasks dependencies in the task history and export tasks to CSV.
- Calendar: Users may manage their events, meetings, appointments, and deadlines all in one spot. The calendar allows you to create recurring events and set automatic reminders for important dates.
- Proofing: This tool simplifies the evaluation of files and documents by speeding up the process, keeping track of changes, and providing detailed feedback. The amount of revisions is reduced by using Proofing.
Proofhub pricing increases as the number of users on a team goes up. A free trial is also available.
Best For Multiple Teams Working on Large-scale Projects.
Nifty enables you to collaborate on big projects with various team members. It's a collaborative workspace that allows you and your team to plan and manage projects, track time, manage documents, and more, all in one space.
- Portfolio Management: Nifty's project portfolios are ideal for sorting projects into directories depending on departments, locations, managers, and other criteria. It's simple to track the task progress of each project, assign tasks, and more. Project managers can view a breakdown of automated progress, timeframes, statuses, overdue, and completed tasks using portfolio overviews.
- Time Tracking Tool: Nifty has a time monitoring function that allows you to keep track of task length, see who is working on what, and how long they are working for. This ensures that team productivity is continually monitored.
- Robust Integration: To automate a lot of your work, you can easily integrate over 1,000 apps. It's also simple to switch from a previous software or project management tool to Nifty. It allows you to import data from other apps like Basecamp, Asana, and Trello.
- Nifty Docs: Nifty aims to separate you from all other applications by allowing you to create and use documents within the platform. You can use Nifty Docs or Google Docs to create documents. There are also alternative spreadsheet and PowerPoint choices.
The four Nifty pricing packages are Starter, Pro, Business, and Enterprise. Rather than charging per user, they charge a flat fee for a certain number of users.
Reliable Asana Alternative Best For Small Business Workflow Management.
Hive manages teams, communicates effectively, organizes projects, delegates tasks, and automates workflow processes for any enterprise.
This fantastic tool brings together project management and AI, combining capabilities such as automated customized workflows, templates, chats, and collaboration into a single platform.
- Centralized Communication: Hive centralizes all of your communications. The centralized communication functionality allows you to integrate other tools for communication like Slack, Skype, and Google Hangouts into the Hive dashboard and use them all from one place.
- Tools for Proofing and Approvals: Proofing and approval tools are great functionality for remote teams or businesses that deal with many external customers. Rather than sending emails and files to your team and requesting each one to proof and approve them, easily add a file to Hive and request the team member or stakeholder to approve everything within the platform.
- Multiple Project Management Views: Hive's versatile project management style visuals allow you to view and organize your activities in various ways. There are standard options like Gantt charts and Kanban boards, but there's also a table, portfolio view, and calendar view. The status view makes it easy to see what tasks have been accomplished and remain to be done.
- Time Tracking Tool: You can effortlessly manage your time and evaluate your task dependencies using Hive's time tracker, which is featured on the top panel.
Hive features only two pricing tiers: professional and enterprise, and a free Hive Solo subscription for up to two users.
Best Asana Alternative for Contact Management.
Bitrix24 was designed to automate processes in collaboration and management in small and large businesses alike.
It is ranked among the best alternatives to Asana because it provides a unique and complete set of tools for managing contacts, tasks, messages, emails, files, and projects.
- Task Sharing: Bitrix24 helps you add different team members to a task and ensures that work is distributed evenly among team members and delegated on time. This feature makes it easier for you and your team to have better communication and creates more transparency within the team helps boost morale and teamwork capabilities.
- File-Sharing: You and your team can share files with Bitrix24 since everyone on the team has access to the same dashboard, and everyone has access to whatever is uploaded on the software. The software helps you collaborate by giving you access to files uploaded by your colleagues.
- Time Tracking: Bitrix24 helps you receive an automatic estimate of when you can expect the task in question to be completed. This feature allows you to assign a task with realistic deadlines to ensure they are met and guarantees that your team will complete the entire project on time.
Bitrix24 provides a free plan that supports unlimited projects and users and three paid plans, Basic, Standard, and Professional, that are an upgrade of the free version.
Great Alternative to Asana for Issue Tracking.
Jira is a cloud-based team workload management tool designed to handle issue tracking in agile software development.
This project management software helps you outline the whole project progress and promotes collaboration with many other tools.
- Agile Development: This is one of Jira’s key project management features that offer the smooth use of all the functions of Scrum and Kanban boards. It is one of the top Asana alternatives for project management that work for Scrum, Kanban, and a hybrid method like Scrumban. Once you start a project, the next step is to select your project type: Kanban or Scrum. The moment you choose, Jira creates Scrum or Kanban boards to make your project continue.
- Project Tracking: This issue tracking software makes tracking and managing projects at any stage easier. Jira’s customized query language helps you filter or sort issues based on the various criteria. The sidebar helps you access details about project planning, releasing, tracking, and reporting immediately. With this flexible planning tool, you can create tasks and stories from any screen. In addition, the drag and drop feature makes it simple to create sprints and epics in the backlog.
- Reports: Jira delivers valuable information about a project in the convenient format of its project reports. Jira provides numerous reports that give you visibility into the situation. Additionally, these reports provide statistics throughout the entire project lifecycle.
Jira provides a free forever plan for a maximum of 10 users. It also has three paid plans; Standard, Premium, and Enterprise, one of which is customized.
Excellent Project Management Software for Gantt Chart View.
TeamGantt is a project management solution that uses Gantt charts to make handling complex projects simple for all team members.
This user-friendly software makes it easy for managers to create and track time and tasks, schedule projects, and manage their team workloads.
- Task Planning: TeamGantt offers different forms of managing tasks, like a standard task list, Gantt timeline charts, and a shared team calendar for you to choose from. Each task you manage in TeamGantt allows you to attach various project files, including documents, PDFs, images, and spreadsheets.
- Premade Templates: One of the best project management features TeamGantt offers is the numerous premade templates that help you jump straight into your tasks with minimal preparation time. Previous projects managed on TeamGantt can also serve as templates for new projects. This project management tool can also save project views, such as screenshots of projects and related task statuses. You can check saved projects to track the changes made in each project.
- Collaboration Features: TeamGantt prioritizes collaboration in projects, so it provides Gantt charts that help users share essential information with team members. This chart gives room for members of your team and external stakeholders to be kept abreast of a project's progress, and your team members can easily make edits when needed.
TeamGantt provides a 30-day free trial and a free plan for small teams. Its paid plans, Standard and Advanced, cost $19 and $24 monthly per user.
Best for Managing Team Workloads.
HyperOffice is a cost-effective project management software that is highly customizable and is pretty simple to set up for both local and wide-area networks. It helps team members and clients to access specific data quickly.
- Task Tracking and Management Tools: HyperOffice makes managing your tasks efficient with the task management and tracking tools. New tasks are created at the click of a button and assigned to members, who are immediately notified.
- Document Management: HyperOffice helps you organize and store documents on the cloud, and it also helps you regulate who can access these documents.
- Calendar Management: With HyperOffice, you are always aware of important dates, such as meetings and product delivery, when you use their online calendar feature, which you can also share with your teammates by giving them the level of access that you are comfortable with.
- Mobile Support: HyperOffice is fully supported on all mobile platforms, meaning you can access your documents and collaborate with your peers anytime.
- User Administration: The user management module provides additional customization to HyperOffice, helping you add and delete members and manage their access level.
- Customer Service: HyperOffice provides excellent customer support with its highly responsive and friendly customer service team.
HyperOffice offers a 14-day free trial instead of a free version. There are four paid plans, but only the WorkMap Enterprise is customized and supports unlimited tasks.
Top-Rated Project Management Software for Document Management.
Workzone is a project management tool that provides document management, project collaboration, customizable reporting, and task and resource management.
The cloud-based software offers automated emailed reports with up-to-date project status information.
- Time Tracking: Workzone’s key features include tools for tracking time and managing resources at all pricing levels. It has you covered whether you want to track time for billing clients’ project costing or keep an eye on where your team’s time goes. You can also create different reports to compare estimated times to actual times with just a few clicks.
- Task Dependencies: Workzone makes linking tasks to each other and prioritizing tasks that have to be done first easier. You don't have to worry about updating due dates or recurring tasks manually since you can automatically set end dates for task dependencies based on the task's status that needs to be finished first. Once set, they automatically update themselves, regardless of how many dependencies there are. This feature helps you save time and get tasks done in the proper order without speaking a word.
- Team Collaboration Tools: This work management software supports tons of collaboration features like secure file sharing, image markups, file versioning, and more, and you can do all this on the same page. It makes it easy to drag and drop files directly from your local device into the Workzone platform. There is also a comments section for every project task and document, which helps your team stay organized and discuss the specifics of a task.
Workzone does not offer a free trial or a free plan. It provides three paid plans that you can see in action to understand how this software works.
Best for Predictive Scheduling.
LiquidPlanner features integrated risk assessment and collaboration features.
These features help you visualize resource allocations and finish projects and plans accurately across your active projects.
- Smart Schedules: Liquidplanner's scheduling feature helps the software keep up with you and your team. When changes are made to projects or priorities, the completion dates and deadlines will automatically adjust to accommodate those shifts through the entire portfolio. This function eliminates the need to backtrack as the schedules adapt to your plans.
- Resource Management: The resource workload report gives you a view of your team's tasks and shows you how much they have left to do, how much time they've spent on their tasks, and whether they miss a deadline. Liquidpanner helps you see which team members need assistance and who has the least amount of work.
- Cross-project Visibility: With Liquidplanner, You can customize and share your dashboard with clients and stakeholders. This layout gives you an instant look at your team's progress, what's at risk, and budgets for projects. It shows you results that have been reported over time, which gives you a more comprehensive picture of how projects are completed. Cross-project visibility shows how one project affects the others because it connects them instead of processing them as separate assignments.
LiquidPlanner offers a 14-day free trial, but there are no free plans. The pricing plan is broken into three categories, starting at $15 – $35 per user per month.
Super To-Do List App That Doubles as a Project Management Solution.
Classified as a nifty to-do list app, Microsoft Planner is an excellent lightweight alternative for project management that uses task cards in a Kanban board interface.
As a project management software, it helps a project manager and their team make plans and assign tasks. A chat feature also fosters collaboration and charts that show progress.
- Schedule View: With this feature, you get a better understanding of the project status with the ability to view the task schedule. Thus, enabling you to plan well to meet deadlines.
- Group and Filter Options: Get more profound insights into your tasks to help meet critical deadlines with the Group and Filter options in Planner. For example, you can filter tasks based on due dates to get a clear picture of approaching deadlines and plan your work accordingly.
- External User Access: Microsoft Planner helps you collaborate with your internal team and external stakeholders. Once a guest user has been granted access, they can interact with your project. They can create and delete buckets and tasks, edit task fields, and edit the plan name.
- Due Date Notifications: With this feature, stay on top of your approaching deadlines. A planner user will receive an email notification summarizing tasks due in the coming week.
Microsoft planner does not offer a free trial or free version. It has two pricing categories for businesses and larger enterprises.
Best for Unlimited Projects and Tasks.
Todoist is a popular to-do and workflow management application with great features that enhance productivity, organize tasks, and set schedules and deadlines.
This software distinguishes itself from other similar products in the market with its unique features and various amounts of plugins and apps for browsers, emails, mobile devices, desktops, and laptops.
- Recurring Task: Todoist recurring task feature helps you recognize any saved repeating due dates. You also get to set a due date for a new project based on the time spent on your last project. There is also the option to add “Every” to recurring tasks that you don't need to do on a specific date. For example, if your organization balances the account every first Monday, it is best to use the day rather than the date since the date will fall on a different day in subsequent months.
- Intuitive UI: Todoist boasts a user-friendly interface equipped with integrated productivity tools available for premium accounts.
- Enhanced Collaboration: Another strong point of Todoist is the team chat feature and other collaboration tools it offers its users. They can communicate with each other easily while fulfilling their assigned tasks. Todoist boosts how your team works and their overall productivity.
- Offline support: This user-friendly software provides offline support, so you don't have to worry about working on your tasks and assignments while not connected to the net.
Todoist offers a free plan, but its best features and tools are only obtainable through the Premium account. It can cost as little as $29 per year.
Simple Team Collaboration Software That Integrates With Other Project Management Systems.
Slack is one of the top Asana alternatives for project management that provides teams with a single platform to chat, share files, and collaborate on projects.
This project management software is designed to increase productivity by reducing time spent drafting emails.
- Chat Workspace: Your teams can use Slack to discuss and share files in a single location, called workspace. Each workspace is organized into numerous Channels, which are topic-focused chat rooms. Channels can be public, which means that any workspace member can search and join them. Private channels are only accessible to members that have been invited to that channel. Slack helps organize how information is shared and discussed in your organization. Private channels all have a padlock icon.
- Voice & Video Calls: Slack has its built-in video chat and phone calling feature that helps teams transition from chatting to communicating through other mediums when necessary. During a video call, you can also choose to share your screen to illustrate better whatever you're talking about. Though Slack's video conferencing capabilities are not as robust as Skype or Google Meet, it offers you the option to integrate with more developed video systems like Zoom, BlueJeans, etc.
- Integrations: Slack is built to be used with many of your team's existing tools, from G Suite applications to other project management tools. You can customize your Slack workspace by making these tools easily accessible within direct messages and channels. You won't have to switch back and forth between applications during a conversation.
Slack offers four plans. Its free plan gives you access to some of its best features.
Best for Task List Management.
Basecamp is a great project management software for collaboration that need to track multiple projects and tasks, store and share documents, and increase communication regarding project progress.
Compared to Asana, this alternative is best for projects that do not need budget planning or invoicing.
- Task Prioritization and Scheduler: Basecamp offers a task list system that allows you to tag relevant users, comment on task progress, and share project resources like documents, graphics, charts, and more.
- Documentation Management: Every project on Basecamp has a docs and files section where you can upload images, documents, and spreadsheets from your local computer and save them as documents from your Google office suite.
- Collaboration Features: Each Basecamp project and the task has a file uploading and sharing system so you can quickly share resources with the rest of your team. Not only does each task in Basecamp have a comment section and messaging platform so you can communicate with your team, but Basecamp also sends email notifications whenever you’re away from the app. That way, you’ll never miss a task update or completion.
Basecamp does not only provide a 30-day free trial but also provides a free plan called Basecamp Personal. Basecamp Business costs a flat rate of $99 monthly.
Exceptional Project Management Software With Simple Board and Card Interface.
Trello is a collaboration and project management tool that uses a Kanban framework to empower teams to move work forward.
Its features help teams visualize tasks and manage projects within their workflow.
- Trello Board: Trello Boards are super easy to set up and display board data from different angles, so your whole team stays up-to-date in the way that suits them best. This feature helps you choose from the Timeline View for project planning, Calendar View for time management, and Table View to see connected work across boards. Board stats are visible on Trello’s Dashboard.
- Trello Cards: Trello lets teams break down more significant tasks into steps with reminders, file attachment previews, checklists, and comments with emoji reactions, all managed within the Trello cards. It helps teams gain an informed perspective by viewing all cards by list and status at the board level. These cards help project managers provide and track feedback, assign tasks and hand off work, manage due dates, and connect work across multiple apps.
- No-code Automation: Trello comes with an in-built task automation feature called Butler that automates tedious tasks on the project board so your team can focus on more important things. This feature uses natural language commands to automate tasks in Trello. Butler automates simple actions like moving lists and schedules team members' assignments.
Trello offers a free plan that is best for individuals and small businesses. It has three paid plans; Standard, Premium, and Enterprise, the only customized plan.
Exceptional Project Management Software That Offers Numerous Task Prioritization and Scheduling Features.
Microsoft Project is a project management software that small teams and larger ones alike use to create project plans and schedules, manage resources and keep track of time.
This option has features like Kanban boards and team calendars for a project manager and their teams.
- Task Prioritization and Scheduler: Microsoft Project's primary task prioritization and Scheduler features are task lists, Gantt charts, project roadmaps, and Kanban boards. You can list out tasks, set their duration, and add any additional information for other team members and project managers to track.
- Shared Team Calendar: Microsoft Project offers the option to create custom calendars for one or many tasks that all project members can see and use. This feature is helpful if project timelines and task lists are too long and complex to track.
- Resource Management: Microsoft Project tracks your working resources, material resources like computers, and cost resources such as pre-planned expense resources, like plane tickets with custom-built charts.
- Time Tracking: With Microsoft Project, you can set the entire lifespan of a task before completion when planning them out in the list and Gantt section. This tool helps you measure proposed deadlines versus actual time spent.
Microsoft Project does not offer a free plan or free trial. Its pricing is divided into cloud-based and on-premise solutions, with each category having its pricing plans.
Asana is a project management software that provides users with a virtual workspace where teams collaborate to complete a project. It helps you create and assign tasks to a particular user as part of a big project.
This platform offers a visual workflow builder tool that helps users create efficient workflows. Its intuitive dashboard, dynamic graphs and charts, and template builder help you generate real-time charts and visual reports that provide status, progress, or team workload information.
While the Asana app is well made, getting work done on the mobile version is more challenging as it is slow and the interface looks better on a larger screen.
Another disadvantage of Asana is its inability to assign multiple users to a task. Plus, Asana is notorious for bugging its clients with emails, most of which are either redundant or useless.
Choosing From These Top Asana Alternatives
We’ve provided enough information on the best options to consider if you are looking for Asana alternatives. While the project management software you decide to pick is entirely up to you, here are our top recommendations:
You might also be interested in the following articles to learn more about project management in general:
- Asana pricing
- Trello vs. Asana
- Wrike vs. Asana
- ClickUp vs. Asana
- Benefits of using project management software