14 Best To-Do List Apps of 2022 (Ranks & Honest Reviews)
If you are looking to organize your business, you might look for the best to-do list apps to track your progress. Here we’ve reviewed the 14 best to-do list apps in the market with our top 5 choices.
The best to-do list apps would help you prioritize your tasks and track their progress throughout the day. The key to success for any person or business is to get more things done in a fixed amount of time. If you let all the information and tasks swirl around in your head, you’ll be frantic and stressed.
When you take up the to-do list out of your head and use a right to-do list app, you’ll be able to spend more time on essential tasks. A good to-do list app will help you refresh your memory, track your progress, and set priorities to carry out tasks promptly.
Best To-Do List Apps of 2022
Here are the best to-do list apps you should choose from while looking to organize your work and life.
- Microsoft To-Do
- Google Tasks
Best To-Do List App for Recurring Due Dates
Todoist offers many features, helping you keep everything organized and accounted for. It helps you make progress on important things.
- Quick Add: Todoist is an efficient to-do list app that allows you to add tasks to the application within seconds. It lets you capture your daily or monthly activities and organize them based on your priorities. This helps you get a clear overview of everything on your plate and enhances your productivity.
- Setting Reminders: Focus your energy on the right tasks and know what to focus on next. By setting reminders, you can get an alert about the most-sensitive tasks. It is one of the best to-do list apps that allows you to add tasks on the favorite tab to keep projects and labels on top of your mind.
- Personalized Views: You can build your task view to fit your workflow or unique style. You can do this by using kanban-style cards or creating labels. It helps you find the right group of tasks and start your work in seconds. Todoist helps you match your personality with 10+ theme colors.
- Easy Siri and Amazon echo integration.
- Get started quickly with multiple preset templates.
- Adds new features regularly.
Todoist has three plans – Free, Pro, and Business.
- The Free Plan allows you to work on five projects simultaneously and set priorities or due dates.
- The Pro Plan lets you add 25 collaborators to every project and access unlimited activity history.
- The Business Plan offers inbox, billing, and priority support features.
Todoist offers a free plan with a wide variety of features, where you can add up to 5 collaborators on every project and access a 1-week activity history.
Leading To-Do List Platform with a Flexible Calendar
Any.do is used by millions of people to stay organized and get more things done in an easy-to-use app.
- Plan My Day: This to-do list app offers a unique ‘plan my day’ feature, allowing you to schedule when you will accomplish your various tasks. It helps you remember to do things on time.
- Flexible Calendar: Any.do offers a flexible calendar tool to keep track of your progress. The reminders ensure that you never forget a thing on your list. Save time by using turbo-charging powers and beautiful themes to personalize your application.
- Location-Based Reminders: The task management application offers multiple smart reminders, including location-based, recurring, and one-time reminders. This helps you keep a track of your daily or recurring tasks.
- Offers multiple task organizing features.
- Sync tasks with the built-in calendar feature.
- Easy to use and interactive interface.
Any.do has two plans – Free and Premium.
- The Free Plan offers basic to-do list features, including reminders, lists, and the calendar app.
- You can access the Premium Plan at $5 a month. It allows you to set location-based and recurring reminders.
Any.do offers a 7-day free trial of their Premium plan, which offers a wide range of features, including advanced reminders, themes, backgrounds, and unlimited daily tasks planner.
Best To-Do List Tool to Track Completion Time
Asana makes it easier for your team to plan out their work with the online to-do list app.
- Add Details: These project management apps let you add details to every to-do task you create for your team. You can add attachments and due dates for all the recurring tasks. Additionally, you can also assign multiple members to work. This helps make instructions and deadlines clear to your team members.
- Create Private Tasks: Make sure you never miss a deadline by creating your tasks through the app. It is one of the best to-do list apps for creating private tasks. The private tasks aren’t visible to your employees. This helps you make sure nothing slips through the cracks and improves productivity.
- Access Multiple Views: This advanced to-do list app lets you customize your list with different views. You can organize all the details of your tasks with the help of a customizable template. These task management apps offer a calendar, board, or timeline view, where you can easily map out the timeline of the work done.
- Flexible and fast application design.
- Manage tasks easily with multiple views.
- Free version is loaded with adequate features.
Asana has three plans – Basic, Premium, and Business.
- The Basic Plan is a free version that offers unlimited tasks, projects, and a limitless activity log.
- The Premium Plan lets you create unlimited dashboards and custom fields for your task.
- The Business Plan lets you set daily goals for your team and offers workload management options.
Asana offers a free plan to its customers, where you can view your tasks as boards or calendars. You can also assign multiple members to the to-do list and set due dates.
Top To-Do List Software for Creating Multi-Functional To-Do Lists
ClickUp helps you organize your to-do lists regardless of your place or device.
- Checklist Templates: ClickUp is one of the best to-do list apps that help you save time by creating checklists. These checklists can be saved to be used as a template again. You can also customize it as per your need.
- Set Start Times: You can set start times or due dates for your recurring tasks and plan them in advance. If you have to work in the future, you can set a start time for the task. Alternatively, you can select a due date and time to get reminded when something is due with this efficient project management tool.
- Set Priorities: This to-do list app allows you to flag a task as urgent or low priority. Priorities help you analyze what tasks need to be completed right away. You can download ClickUp easily from Playstore or App Store.
- Offers easy management of your to-do list with the drag-and-drop feature.
- Stay on top of deadlines by creating quick reminders.
- Work from anywhere, anytime with the offline mode.
ClickUp has five plans to choose from – Free Forever, Unlimited, Business, Business Plus, and Enterprise.
- The Free Forever Plan lets you create unlimited tasks and add members to your project.
- The Unlimited Plan offers unlimited storage and integrations for your team.
- The Business Plan provides advanced automation features.
- The Business Plus Plan offers workload management options and allows you to access custom permissions.
- The Enterprise Plan offers white labeling and advanced permission options.
ClickUp offers a Free Forever plan which lets you access unlimited custom views and create to-do lists.
Best To-Do List App for Collaboration
Monday allows you to create to-do lists for your team and enhance their productivity.
- Set Priority: This best to-do list app allows you to create multiple tasks for your employees. You can flag and mark the important ones. This task management feature helps your team complete urgent tasks first and focus on low-priority ones.
- Break Down Large Tasks: The best part about this project management software with a to-do list is you can easily break down tasks and distribute the work. This ensures that the tasks at hand are completed before their due dates.
- Kanban Board: Creating to-do lists with the Kanban board helps you visualize your workflow and keep all your work in one place. It allows you to track the improvement of your team’s daily or recurring tasks and assess their productivity. You can use the platform on both desktop and mobile.
- It helps you focus on essential tasks.
- Simple to use with a visual interface.
- Collaborate with your team members and get started with your daily tasks.
- Offers a free trial.
Monday has five plans – Individual, Basic, Standard, Pro, and Enterprise.
- The Individual Plan is a free version that allows you to create unlimited boards and tasks.
- The Basic Plan is a paid version that offers 5GB of cloud storage space.
- The Standard Plan gives you access to a timeline, calendar, and Gantt views.
- The Pro Plan provides private boards to create personal to-do lists.
- The Enterprise Plan offers enterprise-grade security and priority support options.
Monday offers a free 14-day trial, where you can experience their interface and wide range of features. You can add members, break down your daily tasks, and collaborate with your employees on your to-do list boards.
Free To-Do List Tool with a Smart Daily Planner
Microsoft To-Do is one of the best to-do list apps, offering a clean and friendly user interface.
- Create Subtasks: Microsoft To-Do offers task management features and allows you to create multiple subtasks under one parent task. This is designed as a checklist that you can complete step by step. Subtasks help you stay organized and give you an idea of how to complete the work on hand.
- Data Sync: This free list app allows you to organize your daily tasks and add them to the tool's ‘My Day' section. Microsoft lets you sync your lists to all devices, allowing you to take your work wherever you go. All the tasks are stored in one place at a centralized location.
- Set Due Dates: You can easily set due dates for your tasks and get reminders when the deadline is approaching with Microsoft To-Do. This helps you stay ahead of your due date and get the work done on time, helping you enhance your productivity. You can download a mobile and web app as well.
- Integrate the application easily with Office 365.
- Simple and user-friendly interface with a short learning curve.
- Personalize your lists by setting custom backgrounds.
Microsoft To-Do is completely free to use with a wide range of features. You can create daily task lists, set reminders, prioritize your tasks, and sync your data across devices.
Best To-Do List Platform with Voice Input
TickTick is a collaborative to-do app that helps you stay organized and capture ideas effectively.
- Add Tasks Quickly: TickTick allows you to quickly add tasks to your board with the voice input feature. You need to press the ‘+’ button while speaking and release it when you are done. The task manager will log them into your list.
- Smart Date Parsing: When creating a task, you can add the due date and time information to the task. This best to-do list app will automatically convert it into a reminder. It is available in both paid and free versions.
- Smart Lists: Quickly view all your tasks with smart lists like today or tomorrow. You can also create your custom folder names. The to-do list app allows you to sort your tasks with six different sorting options, keeping all your work in one place. You can download a web and mobile app as well.
- Native time tracking option to enhance productivity
- Drag-and-drop, user-friendly interface.
- Turn emails from your inbox into tasks.
TickTick has two plans – Free and Premium.
- The Free Plan offered by TickTick lets you create up to 9 lists and add 99 tasks per list.
- You can access the Premium Plan for $2.79 per month. It offers customized themes, calendar views, and historical statistics.
TickTick offers a free plan with tons of features. You can create lists, add tasks or subtasks, and set reminders.
8. Google Tasks
Free To-Do List App with Seamless Integrations
Google Tasks is amongst the best to-do list apps that fully integrates with other Google applications, including Google Calendar.
- Quick Integration: If you are a frequent user of Gmail or Google Calendar, then Google Tasks is your go-to application. This task manager can be accessed from the sidebar and offers multiple integration options. You can add important tasks directly from the mail or calendar.
- Set Priority: This free to-do list app lets you flag the more critical tasks. You can organize your work, get things done quickly, and achieve your daily goal quickly.
- Simple Drag-and-Drop Interface: Google Tasks has an interactive and user-friendly interface. You can drag your email to the list app and turn it into a task. You can view these tasks in the Google Calendar as well. You can download a web or a mobile app as well.
- Offers basic to-do list management options.
- Easy-to-use interface.
- Clear your completed tasks with a single click.
Google Tasks is completely free to use with a wide variety of features. You can create tasks or subtasks and integrate the platform with Gmail or Calendar.
Best To-Do List App with a Dedicated Time Tracker
nTask enables you and your team to collaborate, plan, analyze, and manage everyday tasks.
- Create Kanban Board: This advanced to-do list app allows you to create a task list with the Kanban board and keep all your work in one place. These visual boards with task management options make it easier for your team to manage multiple tasks.
- Advanced Task Creation: You can quickly create tasks in your to-do lists. The comments in groups can be converted to tasks using Slack. These tasks can be structured and easily assigned to individual members. Easy task creation is aimed at improving the productivity of your team.
- Dedicated Time Tracker: While setting daily or weekly goals for your team, it is essential to analyze the time taken to complete your work. The in-built time tracker option in this project management tool allows you to keep track of time. It is amongst the best productivity apps on the market, helping you complete the tasks on your to-do list app.
- Set reminders for recurring tasks.
- Assign to-do lists to individual or group teams and set due dates.
- Analyze the progress of your daily/weekly to-do lists.
- Offers a free trial.
nTask has three plans to choose from – Basic, Premium, and Business.
- The Basic Plan is a free version that offers 100MB of storage space and allows you to add up to 5 members to your team.
- The Premium Plan gives you access to Gantt charts and Kanban boards.
- The Business Plan offers 10Gb of storage, custom fields, and templates.
nTask offers a 14-day free trial, where you can experience the hassle-free interface of this to-do list app. You can create Kanban boards, access templates, and track your team’s time.
Leading To-Do List Tool to Earn Rewards
Habitica is an outstanding to-do list app that excites a gamer in each one of us. It converts your daily to-do tasks into role-playing games.
- Earn Rewards: Habitica is one of the unique to-do list apps. It converts all your simple to-do tasks into games. Each time you complete your task, you are rewarded for the same. You can use these rewards to level up your avatar and unlock in-game features.
- Personalized Avatars: The whole point of this application is to make your daily tasks a little more fun. It motivates you to achieve your goals. The pros of this application are you can personalize your avatar to connect more with the game and get done with your tasks.
- Add Friends: This best to-do list app allows you to invite your friends to the platform. You can all fight your bosses together and get things done. However, if you fail to complete your tasks, all your friends will take the damage and lose points.
- Exciting and straightforward user interface.
- It makes achieving your daily goals more fun.
- The competition-driver approach gives the motivation to complete tasks faster.
Habitica has two plans – Free and Premium.
- The Free plan lets you keep track of daily goals and earn rewards.
- You can access the Premium Plan for $5 a month. It gives you access to retain your additional to-dos and task history.
Habitica offers a free plan with a wide range of features. You can enter your daily tasks and convert them into games. The platform lets you add your friends and complete goals and tasks together.
Best To-Do List App for Note Taking
Evernote is a leading cloud-based note-taking app that you can access from multiple devices.
- Built-In Notes Template: Evernote is one of the best to-do list apps, allowing you to take notes from wherever you are. This cloud-based application also lets you take notes offline and sync them automatically when connected to the internet. It helps improve your productivity.
- Drag-and-Drop Interface: The application allows you to easily make changes to your to-do list with a simple interface. You can quickly move a task on priority by dragging it to the first position. This to-do list app helps you stay organized and get work done faster.
- Web Clipper: Easily save any content from the web, including images, videos, or links. This project management tool helps you save time, and you do not have to browse through your search history again. You can add these to your to-do list app, and you can watch them whenever you get time. You can download Evernote as a mobile app or a web app.
- Multiple seamless third-party integrations.
- Simple and user-friendly interface
- You can use it in offline mode.
Evernote has three plans to choose from – Free, Personal, and Professional.
- The Free Plan allows you to sync up to 2 devices and clip webpages.
- The Personal Plan is a paid version that offers 10GB of monthly uploads and integration with Google Calendar.
- The Professional Plan gives you access to widgets customizations and assigns tasks to team members.
Evernote offers a free 14-day trial to its users, where you can customize your dashboard, add due dates, set reminders, and assign new tasks to your team.
Most Suitable To-Do List App Built Around GTD Approach
OmniFocus is one of the most flexible to-do list apps in the market, built around the Getting Things Done (GTD) approach.
- Multiple Views: OmniFocus is a flexible platform that allows you to view your daily or weekly tasks in multiple views. You can organize your important tasks based on projects, tags, or due dates.
- Seamless Siri Integration: The app is a dream for users with Apple devices. You don’t have to pick up your phone and add a task to the list. You can integrate OmniFocus with Siri and tell it to add an action to your list. You can download the app easily from the app store.
- Automatic Reminders: With this best-in-class to-do list app, you don’t have to keep track of your notifications. With its task management features, OmniFocus will automatically remind you when your task nears the deadline. The location reminders will pop up when you reach a particular location. This makes it easy to stay on top of your tasks.
- Interactive and attractive visual interface.
- Powerful GTD features.
- Allows you to add details to your tasks.
- Offers a free trial.
OmniFocus has a Premium Plan with a wide variety of features. It gives you access to multiple views, third-party integrations, and syncing between Apple devices. However, it does not offer a free version.
OmniFocus offers a 14-day free trial to its customers, allowing you to experience the platform built around GTD philosophy. You can organize your new tasks the way you imagine and set custom perspectives.
Affordable To-Do List Tool with a Customizable Dashboard
The Notion is an all-in-one to-do list app for managing your lists and keeping track of your important documents.
- Interactive Dashboard: Notion is one of the best to-do list apps that offers an easy-to-use, interactive dashboard. It can be customized the way you want, making it easier to organize your daily and completed tasks.
- Offline Access: The platform allows you to access its features, even without internet access. You can take notes and add tasks to your lists. These will be synced up automatically once you are connected to the internet.
- Kanban Boards: Create your to-do lists visually with the Kanban board. The task management app allows you to easily rearrange the cards on your boards by dragging and dropping. This also helps you easily track your daily progress and improve your productivity.
- Manage your tasks easily with checklists.
- Easy to use, drag-and-drop interface.
- Efficient cross-platform functionality.
The Notion has four plans – Personal, Personal Pro, Team, and Enterprise.
- The Personal Plan is a free version that offers unlimited pages, blocks, and syncing across multiple devices.
- The Personal Pro Plan is a paid version that allows you to add unlimited file uploads and guests.
- The Team Plan gives you access to a collaborative workspace.
- The Enterprise Plan offers advanced security and control options.
Notion offers a free-to-use Personal plan where you can create unlimited to-do lists, invite up to 5 guests, and collaborate with them on complex tasks.
Best To-Do List App for Task Management
Trello is a leading to-do list app allowing you to reach the height of productivity while collaborating with your team.
- Kanban Boards: Trello is amongst the best to-do list apps in the market that allows you to create Kanban boards. You can rearrange these boards the way you like by dragging and dropping them on your workspace. This will enable you to organize your tasks efficiently.
- Create Checklists: You can easily create checklists of subtasks inside your Trello cards. These checklists act as a step-by-step procedure to follow while carrying out your task, thus improving productivity. It can be accessed with both paid and free versions.
- Easy Synchronization: This task management app allows you to easily sync your platform with third-party calendars. It lets you stay on top of your deadlines. You can also assign cards to your team members by mentioning their names on Trello cards.
- Easy to use and interactive interface.
- Access visual Kanban boards for free.
- You can access it on a tablet, desktop, and mobile.
Trello has four plans – Free, Standard, Premium, and Enterprise.
- The Free Plan offers unlimited cards and storage options.
- The Standard Plan allows you to create custom fields, save your searches, and build advanced checklists.
- The Premium Plan offers a timeline, dashboard, calendar, map, and workspace table view. You also get access to pre-built templates.
- The Enterprise Plan offers multi-board guests to collaborate on your new tasks and premium customer support.
Trello offers a 14-day free trial with a wide range of features. You can create unlimited boards to organize your to-do list. You can also create an advanced checklist that acts as subtasks in your list.
Key Features of To-Do List Apps
Not all to-do list apps are created the same way. To-do list apps should help you organize your tasks, thus making you more productive. Here are a few critical features you should look for while selecting the best to-do list app.
We have tons of tasks that you must complete over a few hours or a week. It’s essential to analyze which ones should be completed first. Good to-do list apps would allow you to prioritize your task, helping you manage your time effectively. This will keep the task on top of the list and remind you it’s due.
This feature is excellent when creating a to-do list for your team. It helps them analyze what tasks need to be completed urgently. You should include this primary time management feature in your to-do list app.
2. Interactive Interface
A good to-do list app should not have a steep learning curve. It should be easy to understand and work with. A tool with a drag-and-drop interface makes it easier to organize your tasks.
To-do list apps should be simple to use without clustered features. It would be best to prefer to-do list apps that allow you to add services or features per your needs. An interactive interface makes it easier for all your employees to understand and use the platform.
3. Automatic Syncing
With today’s advanced technology, you should not be restricted to an app on a single device. Best to-do list apps would allow you to connect multiple devices and sync your data automatically. This, in turn, would help you get your work done, no matter where you are.
4. Reordering Tasks
Reordering might not sound like a big deal, but it is an important feature you should look for while selecting your to-do list app. There are times when you are unable to do the task at hand. You will need to reorder it and ensure that you do not forget to complete it later in the day or week.
Most to-do list apps offer a drag-and-drop dashboard to organize your new tasks efficiently. This makes keeping track of your task list easier for you and schedules them the way you prefer.
5. Voice Capture
Voice capture is another feature that is becoming popular among to-do list apps. With your busy lifestyle, you might not have time to open up your app and type out your list. Instead, it would be best to look for to-do list apps with a voice input feature.
These list apps allow you to control the tool with your voice and quickly enter tasks with your speech. Some to-do list apps also integrate with Siri or Alexa, allowing you to add new tasks by simple voice command.
6. Future Tasks
Creating a list every day might sound like too much work. Instead, you can create a plan for the entire week and feed it to your to-do list app. For this, you should look for an app that allows you to add future tasks and set start dates.
These apps will remind you when a task should start and end. You should also ensure that it is easier to set these dates.
Dividing a task into subtasks or steps can quickly help you achieve your daily/weekly goals. Additionally, it’s fun to tick mark the tasks you have done and view your daily/weekly progress on the dashboard.
While selecting a to-do list app, you should always look for a platform that offers checklists. These should divide a complex task into a series of subtasks. Checklists are also helpful when you are working in a team. They help your team understand the workflow.
Choosing the Right To-Do List App
The right to-do list app is about finding the right combination of features you or your team require to enhance their productivity.
- If you are looking for a list app that offers checklists, you should try out ClickUp, Microsoft To-Do, Notion, or Trello.
- If you are looking for to-do list apps that provide reminders for recurring tasks, you should try out Todoist, Any.do, or nTask.
- If you are looking for a to-do list app that offers multiple views, you can try out Asana, Monday, TickTick, or OmniFocus.
- If you are looking for to-do list apps with seamless integrations, you can try out Google Task or Evernote.
- If you are looking for to-do list apps that allow you to turn your tasks into fun games, you can try out Habitica.
When looking for the best to-do list apps for your business, you can compare ClickUp and Asana, Trello and Asana, and ClickUp and Monday. If you’re looking to stay organized, here are the best organization apps to boost your productivity.