13 Best Agency Management Software for Marketing Agencies
Discover the best agency management system tools to gather all of your workflows and streamlines via one interface. Choose the best agency management software and enjoy hassle-free project management with significant productivity improvement.
Do you know that only 23% of marketing agencies use project management software, and 54% don’t have access to real-time KPIs?
The absence of the right project management software creates difficulties in managing projects with poor team collaboration and hampers productivity.
To avoid such issues in the first place, we have listed some best agency management software for digital marketing agencies based on features, integrations, pricing, pros, and cons.
Best Agency Management System Tools
Owing to their awesome features and abilities to scale your agency’s productivity, these tools stand out from the competition. Select the one that suits your marketing agency's needs.
- Service Provider Pro
So without any further delay, let’s get started.
Best project management software with in-app automations and templates
We recommend monday.com because of its modern yet friendly UI, highly customizable features, amazing templates, and in-app automations. It’s super-visual and helps streamline your sales pipeline. Monday.com is perfect for creating a marketing campaign process and tracking progress towards project completion.Try Monday.com
Monday.com has everything you need to visualize your project based on your preferences, such as Kanban, Gantt, timeline, and calendar views. It helps streamline your work for maximum productivity.
- A simple and customizable interface allows you to choose to view project boards using various visual tools, from Kanban-style views to maps.
- Assign tasks to individuals or groups by first having items in the horizontal bar and adding relevant columns. A ‘phone column’ allows you to call your contacts directly from the monday.com dashboard.
- Achieve excellent team collaboration by running a Q&A session. Team members can comment, discuss, or create mentions on each task. Multiple users can use File-sharing and hyperlinks.
- Seamless integrations and automations with eCommerce platforms, Gmail, Outlook, and Slack.
- They have advanced reporting and analytics to keep track of progress in real-time.
Monday.com offers various pricing plans.
- Free for Individuals – Unlimited boards and docs, 200+ templates, and many more.
- Basic plan of $10/month – Unlimited projects, 5 GB file storage, Customer support.
- Standard plan of $12/month – Timeline & Gantt views, guest access, integrations.
- Pro plan of $20/month – Formula column, dependency column, time-tracking, etc.
- Enterprise – Advanced reporting and analytics, premium support, multi-level permissions.
- Easy to understand and use
- Offers in-app automations
- Issues with its smartphone app
- Inconsistent navigation options
Best agency management software to manage tasks and improve efficiency
We love ClickUp because it is easy to set up and get clients to adopt. It's highly customizable and allows different team members to view projects. ClickUp comes with an in-built calendar that allows you to schedule tasks differently. It has a great support team too.Try ClickUp
ClickUp helps you plan, track, and manage your projects that align with your team's needs. It enables you to work smarter as a team with real-time chat and boosts team collaboration.
- Choose from over 35+ ClickApps and customize your tasks for any project. Save time with task automations, add custom field data, assign sprint points, etc.
- Spaces, folders, and lists to organize teams into spaces, group projects into folders, and create sub-tasks into lists.
- Automate routine tasks with 50+ actions, triggers, and conditions.
- Leverage 100+ templates for team use cases, views, tasks, checklists, and docs.
- Seamless integration with over 1000+ tools. Easy sync with team calendars, messaging apps, cloud storage, and more.
ClickUp offers a variety of pricing plans based on your business needs:
- For Personal Use – FREE version available!
- To Manage Small Teams – Unlimited Plan of $9 with Unlimited (Storage, Integrations, Dashboards, Custom Fields).
- To Manage Mid-Size Teams – Business Plan of $19 with Advanced (Public Sharings, Automations, Dashboard features, Time tracking).
- Best for Multiple Teams – Business Plus of $29 with custom role creation, custom permissions, etc.
- Easy to set-up
- Customization freedom
- Easy sharing of projects with others
- Too many features
- Too many small buttons
Excellent project management software with file and calendar management
We like Teamwork software’s extensive set of features and intuitive interface. It’s best for resource and workflow management. Teamwork is good for small teams that worry about pipeline and traffic control. Its knowledge base covers all the topics, and the support is quick and friendly. It works perfectly from anywhere and is known for its effective prioritization and team collaboration.Try Teamwork
Teamwork is a complete platform with an advanced CRM, help desk, knowledge base, and chat. Helps to easily manage projects and teams and track every billable minute to deliver projects on time.
- Automations for repetitive processes and enhance team productivity by reducing tedious and time-consuming tasks.
- Build your customized workflows with event-based and time-based triggers.
- Time tracking software to effectively track and bill your client projects.
- Gantt-style and Kanban board view of your project, allowing full visibility of entire team tasks. You can highlight any milestones in the project dateline.
- Flexible and complete notifications system.
- Total control of your project’s confidentiality.
Teamwork offers four types of pricing plans.
- Free forever for individuals and small teams
- Deliver $10/month – 20 templates, time tracking & invoicing integrated team chat, and many more.
- Grow $18/month – 50 templates, custom fields, resource scheduling, and many more.
- Scale – profitability report, 500GB storage, unlimited financial budgets, and many more.
- Comprehensive support network
- Great customization options
- No image markup tools
Brilliant project management software to simplify and scale entire business operations
Screendragon is our favorite resource management tool. It's a robust software to speed approvals, build scopes, and estimate speedy forecast resource capacity. Screendragon’s customer support is awesome, and the team genuinely takes an interest in your needs. The no-code admin tool gives access to customize your business needs.Try Screendragon
Screendragon is a fully integrated solution that combines workflow automation, budget and resource management, forecasting, etc. It’s popular among Fortune 500 companies and global agency groups. Enables custom integrations with any system.
- Customize and turn on/off abilities based on your working ways, such as financial tracking, resource management, forecasting, creative proofing and collaboration, and planning projects.
- Create professional estimates for existing clients.
- Smart and custom forms guide users during filling forms and automatically route data to the right audience.
- Build custom workflows with email notification templates to speed up process creation: advanced routing and multiple dependencies.
- Manage tasks in your way – Gantt charts, Kanban boards, and many more.
To know about Screendragon’s pricing plans, request pricing via form submission or request a demo.
- Easy navigation
- Excellent support team
- Too many features make it complex to set-up
All-in-one project scheduling tool for growing digital agencies
We love Workamajig for its excellent features and robust functionality. You can confidently use Workamajig for estimating, billing, time tracking, file sharing, and task management. Its estimating function is excellent, and it’s simple to turn an estimate into a live project. Workamajig resource planning tool comes with a ‘sheets’-based interface that enables easy navigation through modules. It’s an all-in-one project management tool that creative agencies need.Try Workamajig
Workmajig is an excellent software for creative agencies and in-house teams with project management, resource management, digital proofing, collaboration, finance and billing, and more. It offers a friendly user interface with the best support system.
- Robust resource and traffic management tool schedules, tracks, and assigns tasks all in one place.
- Track progress for more transparency and billable hours, and schedule projects efficiently.
- Real-time insight on cash flow, budgeting & forecast revenue with custom reports.
- Integrated accounting and financial reporting tools.
- Easy to use CRM to capture new business opportunities and revenue.
- Secured and compliant with easy integrations.
Workamajig offers pricing plans based on your team size. The bigger your team, the more you save.
- Team 5-9 – $50/user/month with all features
- Team 10-19 – $38/user/month with all features
- Team 20-49 – $36/user/month with all features
- Team 50-99 – $34/user/month with all features
- Enterprise for Team 100-1000+ includes global financial reporting, customized training plans, enterprise-wide resourcing, and many more.
- Easy to manage time-sheets
- Seamless integrations.
- Easy navigation.
- Occasional software glitches.
- Lack of mobile support.
A great project management tool for professional and creative services
Productive is an end-to-end project scheduling tool comprising sales pipeline, resource planning, and budget management. Its sales pipeline enables you to easily manage your sales funnel and win more leads via a simple CRM solution.
With Productive, you can organize and plan agency operations using their resource planning features. Build customizable real-time reports by focusing on important tasks such as actual utilization by people, invoiced revenue by months, profitability by months, and many more.
- Powerful budget management where you can effectively build and manage any type of budget (fixed or hourly).
- Budget tracking and profitability to make real-time informed decisions.
- Key metrics in real-time to make data-driven business decisions.
- Consolidated data from service rates, salaries, budgets, and service rates.
- Access over 50 agency-focused reports.
- Customized reports easily track project progress by focusing on what is necessary for your business.
- Get task updates wherever you go, and never miss an update, comment, or mention.
The productive agency tool offers a 14-day free trial and three types of pricing plans.
- Standard $12.50/user/month – real-time progress tracking, heatmaps, project management insights, and many more.
- Premium $20/user/month – client access to budgets, forecasting, and 30 public and private custom reports.
- Enterprise – Custom tags, Xero integration, QuickBooks integration, 180-day retention, and many more.
- Comprehensive features set
- Easy for creating tasks
- Seamless integrations
- Mobile-app not performing well
- Occasional minor issues when creating a new project
An innovative project management tool for creative marketing teams.
Wrike empowers creative agencies to give their best with complete visibility, cross-departmental collaboration, and powerful automation. It can create and track diverse tasks via integrations with Slack and Outlook.
Wrike helps project managers smartly manage both projects and ongoing work. From custom dashboards and workflows to team-specific automation and resource management, Wrike has everything a marketing agency needs to work its way.
- Visualize deadlines, plan projects, and reschedule tasks instantly with customized dashboards and views.
- Collaborate in real-time with automated asset syncs, approvals, workflows, and dynamic reports.
- Promote project transparency to best fit your internal team structure and working style.
- Review assets quickly and improve team collaboration and productivity via a real-time visual markup tool.
- Personalize your priorities with the customized dashboard to pin important items. Switch easily between calendars, Gantt charts, Kanban boards, and more.
- Pre-built reports to get quick insights on time spent per project, team utilization, and many more.
Wrike offers four types of pricing plans.
- Free plan – Unlimited users, personalized app experience, external and internal collaborations, and many more.
- Professional $9.80/user/month – Interactive Gantt charts, 1 to 2GB storage per user, etc.
- Business $24.80/user/month – Custom fields and workflows, real-time reports, project and task approvals, and more.
- Enterprise – 10GB storage/user, admin permissions, user audit reports, and more.
- Easy to use and track complete projects
- Can manage both projects and ongoing works
- Robust internal communication
- Too many unwanted notifications
A great solution for managing projects that integrate with Google
VOGSY is the professional services automation and online proofing platform designed for Google workspace. It’s one of the best project management tools that streamline your business from Quote to Cash and promotes growth marketing. An all-in-one, user-friendly package that unites resource forecasting, project tracking, project accounting, revenue forecasting, invoicing, time tracking, etc.
- Quote to Cash to reduce overheads and improve predictability. Finance keeps an eye on client agreements, invoicing deadlines, margins, works in progress, supplier costs, and expenses.
- They leverage Google workspace for teams to instantly share and work together from anywhere. VOGSY creates a folder structure in Google Drive for clients, opportunities, and multiple projects accessible to teams.
- Forecast revenue and resources to visualize pipeline revenue, unplanned, planned, and actual revenue.
- You have automated quoting and signing to email your quote with required details to customers automatically.
- Fast and simple scheduling, budgeting, margin, and completion with profit and project task management.
VOGSY offers four types of pricing plans. Choose the best suitable to your needs.
- Free – limited to one user, no time limit.
- Lite $11/user/month – Timesheets, planning, tasks, expenses.
- Full $23/user/month – Project management, resource management, task management, charts, and personalized boards.
- Super $35/user/month – Invoicing, financial budgets, reports, third-party integrations, and more.
- Easy to make proposals
- Frequent reminders of pending tasks
- Works great on mobile phone
- Too many notifications distract workflow
- No customizations for standard charts
Best agency management software for marketing agencies
Punchlist is a brilliant project management tool for project close-out and creates full-functioned punch list reports. It allows creative teams to share one URL and keep track of all content and design changes marked directly on websites, images, or PDFs.
Punchlist promotes team collaboration by giving you an annotation layer over your website/images/PDFs so that anyone you invite can share feedback directly.
- Annotations are presented by a little dot so that your team members or clients can precisely mark on a page where they’re clarifying feedback or doubt. Attach files from your computer, Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Seamless integrations with Trello, Asana, Wrike, Github, YouTrack, etc.
Punchlist offers four types of pricing plans. Choose the best based on your needs.
- Free – Rich text annotations, record video, 25 comments limit, and more.
- Solo plan $9/month – unlimited comments, ‘@mention’ feature, slack automations, and more.
- Team plan $99/month – advanced integrations, admin permissions, shared dashboard, and more.
- Organization plans $299/month – password-protected projects, white-label, premium support, etc.
- Easy to use for daily work
- Quick communication with annotations
- Customizations not available
Best enterprise management software for marketing agencies
Workfront connects strategy to delivery, integrates people and data across the enterprise, and performs project management perfectly to help teams deliver measurable outcomes. It’s one of the best project management tools that enable the creative teams to deliver outstanding customer experiences at the same stage of planning and executing work.
- Connect Workfront + Adobe creative cloud that aligns strategy, resources, and tasks to achieve greater efficiency.
- A single platform for how your creative teams are contributing. Get real-time insights into the volume and value of client management performed across your company.
- Project margins to accelerate turnaround time and achieve goals. Easy track of project timelines and budget.
- Seamless integrations with popular business applications.
Workfront offers three types of pricing plans. You’ve to request pricing by filling out their form.
- Collaborative work management
- Easy expense tracking
- Security and compliance
- Fewer customization options
- Lack of good calendar feature
The ultimate project management tool to scale your marketing efforts
Service Provider Pro is multiple client management and billing software designed for business development agencies. It’s one of the best project management apps that includes everything to manage your clients and billing. Keep track of all your customer communications and manage or control payments.
- Sell service packages with order forms with one-page or multi-step checkout, service types, quantities, and add-ons.
- Various field types of organizing your services and questions.
- Integrated payment fields to capture payments on the same page.
- Dynamic deadlines to prioritize orders based on their due dates.
- Custom order statuses that support multi-stage order delivery and clarify your customers where their projects stand.
- Collaborate at a team workspace consisting of permission controls, custom tags, and statuses.
Service Provider Pro offers a free 14-day trial and three types of pricing plans.
- Basic $129/month – 5 team members, own domain, helpdesk.
- Pro $299/month – 10 team members, editing client-face pages, reseller program.
- Enterprise – 50+ team members, API access, tailored onboarding, and more.
- Easy UI and navigation
- Fully customized
- Great support team
- A 14-day free trial is not sufficient
Best timesheet and project management software for marketing agencies
FunctionFox is a cloud-based time tracking and project management application that offers timesheets and marketing analytics, as well as scheduling, task assignment, and reporting.
FunctionFox’s capabilities are suited for the billing and timesheet requirements of teams, including those in advertising, graphic design, marketing, and multimedia firms.
- Powerful project planning from initial campaign planning to execution.
- Centralized team communications to exchange key updates throughout the project execution with file sharing facilities.
- Excellent reporting abilities with access to graphical dashboard views, marketing analytics, and historical reporting on past projects.
- Advanced project schedules that simplify your task planning and give access to Gantt chart timelines and team resource availability.
FunctionFox offers a Free demo and three types of pricing plans.
- Classic $5/month – Timesheet with a stopwatch timer, comprehensive reports, budget tracking, and more.
- Premier $10/month – All classic features, Gantt charts and schedules, traffic reports, and more.
- In-house $20/month – All classic and premier features, advanced report builder, custom job intake forms, and more.
- Easy to track progress
- Robust timesheet management and reports
- Employee time tracking
- Lack of clear search options
- Doesn’t integrate with some important apps like QuickBooks.
Excellent project management app for small marketing agencies
TeamGantt is one of the excellent project management tools consisting of intuitive, beautiful Gantt charts combined with task-level communication and file sharing. It is a top project management app because it's easy to use, even if you don't have experience working with Gantt charts.
Its well-designed UI takes mere minutes to set up. TeamGantt is best for small or medium-sized teams that need project management software that's simple to learn and use.
- Simple drag and drop to change the start and end dates and reorder your tasks and timelines.
- Visualize all your projects in a single Gantt chart to locate issues and plan things easily.
- Easy team collaboration and organization by tracking every project update and document to share them with stakeholders.
- Portfolio views and reports
TeamGantt offers a Free trial for 30 days and three types of pricing plans.
- Free – 1 project, 60 task limit, three users.
- Standard $19.90/month – unlimited projects and tasks, collaboration features.
- Advanced $24.45/month – advanced reporting, track workloads by hours.
- Interactive Gantt charts
- Excellent tutorial contents
- Automatic dependencies correction
- No budgeting tools
- Average reports
Agency management system (AMS) software is used by marketing agencies to manage their book of business, budget, contacts, and daily tasks.
AMS allows agency owners or project managers to track leads, client financial details, and policy amounts. This information helps managers acknowledge the amount of work done for each client and keep track of payments.
Using a reliable and powerful agency management software benefits your business in the following ways:
– Keeps you organized by giving quick access to client notes, prospect details, leadership opportunities in your sales process, client coverage details, group enrollment, and election.
– Workflow automation in AMS gives alerts when a client is nearing their policy renewal date.
Boosts team collaboration and simplifies communication.
– Centralizes your client information, including emails that can be easily tracked to prevent data loss.
– Integration with third-party applications such as Outlook, Slack, and Gmail simplifies your tasks since all the emails, spreadsheets, files, and proposals can be tracked in your AMS.
Agency management software ranges from $16 to $299/user/month based on the features and applications. Some offer free plans for individuals and solopreneurs. You can go through their pricing webpages of respective project management tools or contact their customer support.
Choosing the Best Agency Management Software for Marketing Agencies
Now, you’ve to decide which agency software is reliable and suitable for your business.
Research for enough details about the software you’re going to select.
For example, have you selected the Wrike for your agency task management? Learn about Wrike pricing details.
Are you confused between choosing ClickUp and Monday.com? Understand the difference ClickUp Vs. Monday.com and see which agency management system works for you. You can also check out agency management software for creatives.