9 Best No-Code Website Builders in 2022
Nowadays, you don’t need to learn code before building a professional and sleek website for your blog, business, or online store. We’ve compiled the best no-code website builders in 2022, starting with the top 5.
Although coding is a fast-growing field, many people are not computer programmers or coders. Fortunately, the best no-code website builders ensure you can still design quality, attractive, and professional web solutions without writing code.
With the no-code industry quickly growing, there’s no doubt that this is the future of site development. These tools allow those who don’t know anything about coding to create a fully functional website for several purposes.
Individuals who want to start a blog, online store, or business website can build their site without prior experience or a professional programmer, which is more expensive. With a no-code site builder, you can design and launch a website that looks no different from one made by coding from scratch.
This guide covers the top nine no-code website builders to use in 2022. Let's take a closer look.
Best No-Code Website Builders
Here are the best no-code site builders to consider using in 2022.
Best Overall Website Builder
Squarespace is the best no-code website builder in this guide and the go-to option if you want a no-code platform with competitive pricing and no learning curve. Despite being simple for newbies, Squarespace offers full control over your design with interactive features, all encased in a simple drag-and-drop interface. rnTry Squarespace
At the top of our list is Squarespace, a powerful website builder with impressive features and stunning templates for all use-cases. Delivering quality website tools and e-commerce features, Squarespace is a strong all-rounder that deserves a spot on the best no-code website builders' reviews.
Different features on Squarespace make it a top choice for users, whether you're launching a blog, online store, or professional website. The no-code development solution includes templates to build web apps and desktop sites and highly reliable and technical support compared to other builders.
- Website Scalability: Squarespace accommodates website growth as time passes, so you don't worry about running out of space. Users get unlimited bandwidth and storage from the cheapest pricing plan, with a healthy number of features and easy upgrades. Even the online store templates come with unlimited products, no transaction fees, and a wide range of extensions.
- Intuitive Squarespace Editor: Squarespace has evolved over the years to provide a seamless user experience. Both beginners and experts can easily navigate the control panel, and it starts with a handy tutorial for getting around. Squarespace features a drag-and-drop interface and is more section-based, so it takes a while to get the hang of it. Users will appreciate the checklist that makes it easier to get started.
- Visual-Heavy Website Design: Squarespace is a top choice for those creating a photography website or any website with a lot of visual content. Fashion designers, restaurants, travel blogs, and other niches will benefit from this no-code builder. You can make the most of the graphic templates with quality images.
Squarespace features affordable pricing plans, choosing to pay annually or monthly. All plans come with 24/7 customer service and a free custom domain for a year. The most popular plan is Business, which offers fully-integrated e-commerce, professional email, and premium integrations at $33. Users get a 14-day free trial before deciding to use Squarespace.
- Stunning and visually attractive templates.
- Ideal for scalable websites and business growth.
- It is fitted with quality marketing features, including social media support.
- Reliable, round-the-clock customer service.
- Possible to edit your website for web apps.
- Includes content creation tools.
- Customization is limited to within the template's preset rows.
Best for Beginners
Wix is always a great place to start if you've never used a website builder. Wix is popular among users for offering flexible design tools and an affordable pricing model. If you don't want to spend days learning how to use a no-code tool, Wix is one that can make a full website design within a few hours.Try Wix
Wix is an excellent no-code website builder with great value for your money, robust customization, and an intuitive drag-and-drop editor. Even if you've never heard of a no-code website, Wix is easy to use from the get-go. The site builder takes you through every single step, provides a helpful tutorial, and allows you to create up to three sites and more.
You can start using Wix without paying, although you might be tempted to upgrade to connect your domain and remove Wix ads from your website. The all-around website builder is scalable, with hundreds of templates specific to use-cases, like blog niches, online portfolios, small business websites, membership sites, and online stores.
- Design Flexibility: Wix makes the design very easy and versatile, especially since it does a lot of the work for you. You can choose between Wix ADI and Wix Editor for your website project. The former will design your website for you based on your response to certain questions, and you can edit the final design. But, the Wix Editor features a drag-and-drop interface, and you have extensive creative control. Luckily, the Editor is still easy to use.
- Web Solution Tools: Besides designing your website, Wix has a wide range of tools for better use. There are hundreds of integrations with one-click installation, an SEO tool, and a free SSL certificate on all sites. You can check out Wix Ascend for marketing tools.
- 800+ Available Templates: With over 800 templates to choose from, all professionally designed, anyone can get started with Wix. The templates cover different websites and web apps, are all mobile responsive, and feature the latest designs and trends. Wix templates are modern and highly specific for making beautiful websites. For instance, you can choose templates for construction companies, fitness programs, car garages, etc.
Although you can start using Wix for free and still get unlimited pages, templates, and top-notch hosting, the paid plans start at $4.50 per month. If you don't want to see Wix ads on your site, you'll have to opt for the $8.50 plan. Aside from the standard website plans, Wix has special plans for business and e-commerce websites. All plans come with a 14-day money-back guarantee.
- Extremely easy to use for beginners with no tech experience.
- Ideal for growing businesses and scalability.
- Great selection of e-commerce tools for online stores.
- Offers design freedom and flexibility but hands-off designing.
- It is fitted with SEO and marketing tools for easy use.
- Automatic backups and saves while designing.
- A bit overwhelming with the many features and design options.
- You can't switch to another template after publishing the site.
Best for Businesses
Webflow is one of the best website builders, although it features a slight learning curve. This is the ideal choice for businesses who want a professional, sleek, pixel-perfect website to represent their brand online. With no-limit designs and a reliable CMS, you can use Webflow for launching professional websites.Try Webflow
Webflow is the ideal choice for businesses and advanced users that want to create their own website but need full freedom in designing. As one of the best no-code builders on our list, Webflow is designed as a site builder and CMS that businesses can leverage.
Users have full control to build websites and customize the mobile version. You can make sitewide changes in the visual editor without needing any plugins, and the site builder will host your site without requiring any third parties. If you're working with your team to build your business website, Webflow allows you to create a Team account, so anyone given permission can make suggestions, access the backend, or edit the content.
- Versatile Design Options: Although Webflow is a bit confusing, it comes with video tutorials, a forum, and articles that make it easier to use. You can choose between paid and free templates, use a preset, or build your site from scratch and customize it however you like.
- SEO Tools: Optimizing your business website is important to get discovered on search engines, and Webflow allows you to edit title, URL, and descriptions, set up 301 redirects, insert dynamic text, generate a sitemap, and edit your robots.txt file. This might be overwhelming for beginners, but there are different resources to help.
- Website Protection: Webflow allows you to protect your entire website, specific pages, or content types with a password so no one else can edit without knowing it. You can change the design of this page whenever you want. Users can collaborate with other team members to access and edit specific pages.
Depending on whether you're using the site or e-commerce plans, the entire pricing range is between $0 and $235. You can pay annually to save money, and users get a domain from the free site plan. Large businesses can opt for the enterprise plan, which customizes your features based on your needs.
- Extensive customization and creative freedom for businesses.
- You can export your site's code or embed an HTML code.
- Wide range of resources and support materials.
- 99.99% guaranteed uptime.
- Ideal for creating websites for clients or with a team.
- It is integrated with built-in analytics for visitor statistics.
- Comes with a learning curve.
- Limited integrations are available.
Best Budget Builder
If you're looking for the cheapest no-code website builder that offers fantastic value for your money, Zyro is an ideal choice. The simple no-code builder is known for its built-in AI branding tools that make designing and launching your website much easier. Anyone trying to build a website on a budget can benefit from this tool.Try Zyro
Zyro is a reliable no-code website builder suitable for small business, personal, and portfolio websites, especially for people with a tight budget. Hostinger owns this no-code platform, which constantly offers discounts and promotions that offer really low prices but still provide great value for your money.
Designing your website on Zyro is easy with the drag-and-drop editing tool and grid format. This makes it easy for beginners to align the different elements of their website. The templates are aesthetically pleasing and professionally designed, but there isn't much room for design freedom.
- Integrated with Unsplash: Zyro is integrated with Unsplash, a stock photography website, rather than paying for images or taking them yourself. There is a massive library of free photos on Unsplash for every concept, topic, and keyword you might search for.
- AI Marketing Tools: One feature that sets Zyro apart from other no-code site builders is the AI marketing tools. For instance, the AI writer will generate text paragraphs based on your specifications and are SEO optimized. Other AI tools include background remover, slogan generator, image upscaling, business name generator, and blog title generator.
- Friendly for E-commerce Sites: E-commerce businesses can benefit from using Zyro, as the website builder offers over 70 payment processors and does not charge transaction fees, which is different from many e-commerce website solutions.
Every Zyro plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and impressive discounts of up to 75%. You can start building your website for as low as $2.99 per month and still enjoy unlimited bandwidth and storage, free domain, email, and web hosting. E-commerce sites can get started with $3.99 per month and a feature-rich plan.
- Ideal no-code website builder for people on a budget.
- Great for small businesses and personal sites.
- Features a wide range of AI tools for easy use.
- No transaction fees or commissions on e-commerce plans.
- Grid system and drag-and-drop builder for convenience.
- Free SSL certificate on your website.
- No option to switch website templates.
- Limited scalability.
Best for Free Website
Weebly stands out from other no-code tools with its impressive App Center marketplace and ability to host and build websites on a free plan. Although it's not as flexible as other tools on this list, Weebly features beautiful and specific templates for many use-cases.Try Weebly
If you'd like to create a personal website without spending any money, Weebly is the ideal choice. Although the impressive no-code website builder features paid plans, none of them is expensive, and the free plan is pretty generous. The beginner-friendly site builder provides step-by-step guidance while you create and launch your website.
Although Weebly features plans for e-commerce sites, it's best suited for basic site building, blogs, personal sites, and portfolios. The simple no-code tool caters to all users despite their level and offers everything you need to create a functional website for free, or at least without breaking the bank.
- Weebly App Center: Weebly stands out for its impressive app center that offers a wide range of free and paid apps, all accessible by one-click installation. Although the website builder has the basic built-in features, you can get more advanced tools like a Back to Top button or FAQ section. The different categories in the app center are e-commerce, marketing, site tools, communication, and social.
- Easily Design Sites: Weebly is pretty easy to use with the drag-and-drop interface, although there are limitations to what you can move around and the theme's structure. You can build a business, personal portfolio, e-commerce sites, and blogs with many templates.
- Reliable SEO Support: Website builders usually fail in SEO, but this isn't the case with Weebly. All sites have SEO-friendly HTML formatting, a sitemap, responsive design, and meta description. Advanced SEO features include adding alt text to images, page-specific instructions, and customizing URLs. On the downside, it does not excel in terms of mobile design.
Weebly offers pretty affordable pricing plans, starting with the free plan. The free plan comes with free SSL encryption and a domain with Weebly branding. You can choose between the plans for the website and online stores.
- Generous free plan for websites and online stores.
- Top value for your money with affordable paid plans.
- Full SEO support to increase your site's ranking.
- Solid site loading and response time.
- It offers a mobile app for managing and editing your site design.
- Outdated template designs.
- Customization and creative freedom are limited.
Best for Online Stores
Shopify is one of the most popular no-code website builders for those who want to launch an online store or business website. Shopify has earned a reputation as the go-to builder for e-commerce sites, offering pre-designed templates, plans, and features for small and large stores.
The no-code website builder is loaded with so many sales features that we can't possibly cover them all. Shopify isn't the cheapest option on this list; it's a great investment if you want your e-commerce platform to appeal to end users.
- E-commerce Specific Templates: Shopify comes with tens of free and paid templates, all with specific designs for different types and niches of e-commerce. Whether you're selling food and drink, beauty and cosmetics, jewelry, and other products, there's a plan for you.
- Easy Scalability: Shopify features thousands of free and paid apps in its marketplace, so regardless of what you want to add to your website, there's something for you. You can easily scale your online store as you attract more customers. All plans come with a wide range of product management tools and in-built abandoned cart recovery.
- Multichannel Selling: You can easily sell your Shopify products through other online channels like Facebook and Instagram when you use this no-code website builder. This is an ideal feature for business owners that want to grow their audience and gain more customers. The hassle-free tool also allows you to accept payments from payment methods in different currencies.
Shopify keeps its pricing plans simple, with three options ranging from $29 to $299 per month. You can start with the 14-day free trial before paying for the plans. Large businesses and high-volume merchants can opt for customized enterprise plans under Shopify Plus. There is a cheaper Starter plan at $5 per month for selling through social and messaging apps.
- Easy to use with niche-specific templates.
- Fully-responsive site design for web apps.
- Ideal for dropshipping, small and large businesses.
- Abandoned cart saving functionality is available on all plans.
- Multi-currency and multilingual selling is possible for global businesses.
- Some key functionalities are paid integrations.
- Reporting functionality is available on higher plans.
Best for Blogging
Despite the wide range of no-code website builders, WordPress is still one of the best and most widely used. Over 40% of the web is built on WordPress, from bloggers and personal sites to business sites and large corporations. You can leverage over 9000 themes to build websites, and there is the option of customizing code for more advanced users.
One of the highlights of WordPress is that it provides complete control over your website design and functionality. Keep in mind that WordPress.com is the no-code website builder, while WordPress.org is the self-hosted platform for more advanced users. WordPress handles all your website building needs and is an affordable option for anyone who wants to get online quickly.
- Best Blogging Features: Despite being one of the most popular no-code tools, one feature that WordPress continues to excel at is its blogging. WordPress started as a blogging platform, and this is one of its major strengths, with a wide range of themes, simple interface, extensive customization, and quick publishing. You can assign categories, connect social media sites, password-protect posts, add locations, and more.
- Excellent Uptime: WordPress is a top no-code site builder, so it's not surprising that it offers excellent uptime results. You can rest assured that your site won't go down for more than a few minutes in a year.
- Wide Range of Themes: WordPress features a wide range of themes, over 9000, for you to choose from. All the themes are specific to different niches and use-cases and have responsive designs on all devices. The platform will ask you multiple questions to customize your website design.
WordPress features affordable pricing plans, starting with a free plan for life. The most expensive e-commerce plan is $59, and you can decide to pay monthly or annually. The WordPress VIP plan starts at $2,000 per month for those who want a customized enterprise solution.
- Extensive tools for bloggers and personal sites.
- Wide range of themes for all niches.
- You can transfer sites to other platforms.
- Comes with a free option.
- Provides video tutorials for easier use.
- No drag-and-drop functionality.
- No tools for photo editing.
Best for One-Page Websites
Another option on our list for no-code website builders is Strikingly, known for specializing in single-page websites. If you want to create landing pages or one-page sites, this is an ideal choice for getting online in a few hours. The no-code builder provides a simplified approach to website creation and is suitable for beginners, although with limited creative freedom.
Strikingly is a suitable choice for anyone that wants a basic web presence if you wish to create awareness for a small business, direct people to your physical store, or display your portfolio online. The website builder provides beautiful templates and a wide range of web design tools.
- Web Design Tools: Strikingly features a single-scrolling-page format. Although there are plans with a handful of website pages, most people use this tool to develop landing pages. Strikingly manages to simplify site design and still makes it attractive, but there is limited customization and control since you can only add elements as your chosen theme dictates.
- Photo Online Storage: Strikingly allows you to upload images to its online storage and use them at any time, like Wix. So, you don't have to fetch pictures from your device constantly. But you can only add photos to sections designed with that in mind, as there is limited customization. Strikingly has a stock photography library, too, with millions of images.
- Functional Mobile Sites: All your design on Strikingly is compatible with mobile devices, leaving you with responsive sites. These include touch-friendly menus and easy navigation for end users. There is the option to edit the mobile site separately from the desktop version.
Strikingly offers flexible pricing plans, with the monthly plans going from $12 to $59 per month. There is a free plan with unlimited sites, a Strikingly.com domain, and other helpful features. You can decide to pay yearly, every two years, three years, or five years, and save up to $528 depending on the one you choose. All plans come with a 14-day free trial.
- Easy-to-use with simplified tools.
- Mobile responsive designs and editing.
- Wide range of attractive, single-scrolling-page themes.
- Excellent uptime for all websites.
- You can switch your template without starting from scratch.
- Less customization for web design.
- Cheap plans are limited to five pages per site.
Best for Portfolio Site
Rounding up our list of the best no-code website builders is Pixpa, an ideal choice for photographers, freelancers, and anyone who wants to create a portfolio site. The portfolio builder combines strong e-commerce functions to make a small online store. If you're looking for a single-purpose website builder to put your portfolio online, Pixpa is an ideal choice.
The no-code website builder provides image-based portfolios and dedicated features that photographers, fashion designers, graphic designers, architects, videographers, and any other job that requires visuals will benefit from. You can create a landing page for a store or a single page that has a gallery of your work.
- Visually Attractive Themes: There are tens of themes you can choose from when using Pixpa, all focusing on enhancing the visuals of your pictures. There isn't a huge difference between themes since they are mostly photo galleries, but there is room for customization and embedding videos.
- Wide Selection of Integrations: Users can leverage a wide range of integrations on Pixpa, including Google Analytics, Shopify, and MailChimp. There is a fully-equipped marketing and SEO section and a proofing page for receiving feedback and communicating with clients directly.
- Mobile Gallery Apps: Pixpa stands out from other no-code website builders on our list with its mobile gallery app. You can create and share a personalized gallery of photos with a client, and they can view it as a mobile app on their device. This is ideal for those who want to share photoshoots' previews and will be a great addition to your marketing strategy.
You can start using Pixpa with the 15-day free plan and pay as low as $5 monthly on the pricing plans. Advanced is the most expensive plan at $25 monthly, with powerful tools for marketing and e-commerce. There is the option to pay yearly and save 50%, or pay every two-year and save 63%, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Integrated with Google Analytics for visitor statistics.
- Provide clients with previews that they can view as an app.
- Client proofing and communication are easy.
- Reliable customer support and helpful tutorials.
- Connect to Shopify to sell your images and digital content.
- No drag-and-drop interface.
- You can't publish the site on a free trial.
No code/low-code is an approach to software or website development that requires little to no programming skills to build a platform fast. A non-technical person can create and launch a full website, from the landing page to different web pages. The no-code industry is quickly growing and is expected to be worth over $187 billion by 2030 and will be the future of web development.
A no-code website builder is a tool that allows you to build a website without needing to hire an expert or coding knowledge. There are even tools for converting Google Sheets to websites. These tools provide easy interfaces to create your own website, mostly drag-and-drop controls that work like Lego blocks. With the best no-code website builders, you can create and launch a website in a few hours or days. You can edit the website at any time.
The best no-code website builder is Squarespace, offering all-rounded features, a drag-and-drop interface, and a wide range of templates for blogs, online stores, and business websites. The website builder has no learning curve and is ideal for businesses. Looking at these Squarespace websites can help you build your own.
Top No-Code Website Builders Comparison
Choosing the best website builders for your blog, business, or online store might be difficult with the wide range of available options. This is why we've compiled a review of the top no-code site builders for those without coding knowledge and who don't want to spend money on experts.
Whether you're a beginner or expert, there is a no-code builder that works for you. You can use free website builders to save money and launch small-scale websites and blogs. After much research, we put together the best nine no-code website builders. Here are our top five choices.
Before selecting a website builder, it helps to conduct the necessary research and compare different choices. Here are some resources to help you get started:
- Wix vs. Squarespace – Which Website Builder is Best
- Squarespace Pricing – Which Plan is Right for You
- Shopify vs. Squarespace – Which Platform Wins
- Wix Pricing Guide – Which Plan is Right for You
- Wix vs. Weebly – Which is Better for Websites and Online Stores