8 Best CRM Software for UK Small Businesses in 2022
Your small business in the UK needs the best CRM software that offers good value for your money and the ability to scale. Here are our top choices for the best CRM platforms for small businesses:
The best CRM software for UK small businesses is necessary for companies that want to build a relationship with their clients. Even if you have a good product or service, it won't be necessary if you don't look after your customer relationship. If you own a small business, focus on tracking and completing deals, increasing client satisfaction, and earning a good reputation.
CRM solutions have many tools and features that help your small business communicate with clients. With the options in our complete guide, you can start using your CRM software to grow customer relationships daily.
We compiled the top eight CRM systems which you can implement for small businesses in the UK. Let's take a closer look.
Best CRM Software in the UK
Here are the best eight CRM software for small businesses in the United Kingdom.
1. Monday CRM
Monday CRM is the best overall CRM software for small businesses in the UK, known for being highly customizable with robust sales tools that help you collect and manage leads from any source. I especially recommend Monday CRM because of its time-saving automation and open API.
Monday CRM is at the top of our list of the top small business CRM solutions, offering a fully functional sales platform for collecting and nurturing leads. The CRM features a drag-and-drop functionality that allows for customization, tailored columns and rows, and views like charts, lists, and timelines. Monday.com is one of the most customizable CRM solutions on our list.
The customer relationship management solution offers an open API and different kinds of integrations with software apps like Outlook, Excel, Shopify, etc. Using Monday Sales CRM allows you to centralize your sales pipeline and set up automation without any coding experience. CRM services especially excel in the aspect of project management.
- Project Management Tool: Monday CRM is a top project and works management platform with organizational capabilities. The sales CRM can run and scale any workflow and will work with different templates and third-party applications. You can set up notifications and use the central client communication platform.
- Automation Recipes: This small business CRM tool stands out with its automation recipes that do not require software development. The recipes are easy to set up. For instance, you can say, ‘When a task is overdue, notify the project manager.' Automation is possible with third-party apps.
- Template Center: Monday CRM might be easy to use because of its drag-and-drop functionality, but the template center contributes to it as well. You can choose from templates for sales pipeline, customer onboarding, new seller training, and more. The templates come with integrations and automation.
- Reliable Support Staff: One of the features that small business owners will benefit from is the customer service teams. Monday CRM offers 24/7 customer support through live chat and email, and those on the enterprise plan get a dedicated customer success manager and priority support. There is an in-app learning center with articles and videos on how to use the CRM software.
- Automation recipes are easy to set up and deploy.
- Plans have unlimited boards for an organization.
- All plans come with a 24/7 customer service team.
- Wide range of templates.
- Third-party applications are available as integrations.
- Automations are limited to some actions per month.
- Most security features are limited to the Enterprise plan.
Monday CRM comes with a free plan for two seats, a thousand contacts, and web forms. There are three paid plans and an Enterprise CRM plan for larger businesses. You can decide to pay monthly or yearly, as the latter comes with an 18% discount. All plans are billed per seat per month.
Best for Lead Management
Pipedrive is a small business-focused CRM solution with advanced features, efficient reporting tools, and a chatbot creation function for your business website. The CRM platform offers fantastic ease of use, although it's great for those with experience using CRM since it integrates with your existing system.
Pipedrive is next on our list as a customer relationship management solution known for its deals, leads, and account management capabilities. The CRM solution is ideal for marketing and sales, allowing you to track and manage calls and emails automatically.
The CRM platform is especially attractive to small and midsize businesses because it can visualize the sales process as a pipeline. Pipedrive takes away second-guessing and can be synced across devices for different sales teams to use. There are sales-focused features and app integrations that will come in handy.
- Leadbooster: One of the highlights of Pipedrive is its lead generation tool called Leadbooster. The tool comes with a customizable chatbot that you can add to your website and program to ask website visitors questions. This captures new leads that are automatically added to the pipeline. The CRM solution is combined with workflow automation, making lead management easy.
- Reporting Features: Pipedrive has extensive reporting features that users can benefit from. You can check the status of deals based on tags like Newness, Activities, Person, Loses, or Wins. There is a Statistics category with reports covering a specific customer or your entire small business.
- Third-Party Integrations: There are hundreds of third-party integrations available at Pipedrive to provide more functionality. These include popular tools like G Suite, MailChimp, Google Maps, Zapier, Xero, and more. Pipedrive has a mobile app for Android and iOS, which is easy to navigate and enables businesses to see their deals, contacts, and activities.
- Pipeline Management: Pipedrive comes with customizable pipelines that you can control with drag-and-drop technology. There is no limit to how much you can customize the platform, and you can change the names of the columns to reflect the sales process. Aside from the pipeline view, you can use the list and forecast view.
- Customize sales pipelines with no limit.
- Fully customizable API access.
- Autofill contact information feature.
- Machine learning sales assistant on all plans.
- Workflow automation is available.
- No free plans are available.
- Limited custom fields and reports.
The entry-level plan on Pipedrive is $11.90 per user per month and can go as high as $74.90 per month on the Enterprise plan. You can choose between monthly and annual billing, and the latter allows you to save up to 17%. There is a 14-day free trial with no credit card required.
Best for Free Tools
Although HubSpot CRM is a bit pricier than the other options on our list, the CRM solution offers good value for your money with robust feature sets, free integrations, and a wide range of tools for CMS, customer service, sales, and business operations. HubSpot provides the complete platform for your small business.
HubSpot is one of the top cloud-based CRM systems for small and medium businesses, mainly because it provides sales and marketing features in one place. The online CRM software allows your marketing and sales team to manage contacts, view their sales pipeline in real-time, automate email marketing, track deals, and identify high-quality leads.
Aside from small businesses, HubSpot is suitable for B2B and B2C companies in different industries like retail, marketing, construction, real estate, sales, and accounting. You can monitor inbound and outbound leads, set up email campaigns, and benefit from sales and marketing automation tools.
- 1000+ Integrations: HubSpot CRM comes with over a thousand integrations. You can integrate with HubSpot tools like Sales Hub or Marketing Hub or use third-party applications too. Although the other CRM systems on our list have integrations, most HubSpot apps are free.
- Extensive Automation: The automation tools on HubSpot allows you to create workflows or sequences. You can create a sequence from scratch or use the default and modify it. This enables email autoresponders to function based on specific triggers. The workflow builder is meant for tasks and notifications within the marketing and sales team, like notifying a sales representative, approvals, lead management, and more.
- View Analytics: Analytics on HubSpot is available on the higher pricing tiers and is mainly for marketing teams. This feature allows users to track website visitor metrics and connect that to other marketing channels. The reports can be customized and have fantastic graphics.
- Reporting and Dashboarding: Reporting and dashboarding are easy on HubSpot. You can check one of the report samples and modify it for easy use. There is a custom report builder, although it's challenging to get used to. The dashboard features different kinds of customer data, like assignments and tasks.
- Robust set of features and integrations.
- Supports payment processing for e-commerce businesses.
- Generous free CRM platform.
- Real-time lead management and notifications.
- Set up personalized email sequences.
- Only one email per contact.
- Some features have a learning curve.
HubSpot pricing for CRM includes three plans when you get the CRM suite. All the plans are with unlimited free users. Although it looks expensive, keep in mind that you are not paying per user per month, only per month. You can pay monthly or annually. The HubSpot free CRM is the ideal choice for solopreneurs and individuals that need a platform without spending too much money.
Best for Small Ecommerce Businesses
Beginners to CRM platforms will benefit from Keap, all-in-one software that helps you manage customer relationships, sales, and marketing automation. Ideal for small e-commerce businesses, Keap offers invoicing and payment processing without any third party.
Keap, formerly Infusionsoft, is the best CRM solution for small business owners new to using this kind of software. On Keap, e-commerce businesses can benefit from sales and marketing automation features, invoicing, and native payment processing.
Furthermore, e-commerce businesses can benefit from the all-in-one solution with checkout cart features. Setting up your CRM is easy with Keap, as the CRM tool comes with drag-and-drop builders for the sales pipeline and a customer success manager. Automation eliminates manual tasks and saves time.
- E-Commerce Payments: Online stores and small businesses can benefit from native payment and invoice processing tools. You can provide payment methods to your users, including credit and debit cards, PayPal, Venmo, and more. Keap has partnership-level integrations with different processors.
- App Integrations: There are over 2,500 integrated software and tools on Keap, although they are pretty expensive. The marketplace includes third-party, partner-level, and certified integrations for campaigns, email, lead management, and generation.
- Extensive Automation: Although the Keap automation processes are complex, they will eliminate repetitive tasks. You take care of these with ‘when-then' scenarios like, ‘when so-so happens, then this-that should happen.' There are so many sales and marketing automation options available with premade templates.
- Ease of Use: Keap is a simple CRM software with easy-to-use and set-up features. The platform is based on the assumption that the user is not an expert at CRM or pipelines. Aside from automation, Keap helps business owners measure success with analytics and reports. All the customer interactions are saved in one place and organized for easy access.
- Native payment processing for e-commerce businesses.
- Easy to automate sales and marketing processes.
- Automatically collect and process leads.
- All plans have a manager and 24/7 support.
- 2500+ integrations for different purposes.
- Software integrations need a monthly fee.
- Contact-based pricing increases the price as the contacts grow.
Keap offers two pricing plans based on the total number of contacts. You can pay annually and save up to 20%. Large businesses can use the Max Classic plan, where Keap will come up with a quote to meet their needs. There is a 14-day free trial.
Best for Solopreneurs
Freshsales is a capable, easy-to-use CRM software that offers simple and advanced features for low prices. The CRM platform comes with a generous free plan that is ideal for solopreneurs, and the paid plans are affordable, offering fantastic value for your money. With Freshsales, solopreneurs and small businesses can quickly get their CRM platform up and running.
Freshsales is the best CRM software for UK solopreneurs and small businesses on our list. The customer relationship management tool includes plans for small to midsize companies and combines affordable pricing plans with an intuitive user interface and unified platform.
On Freshsales, users can enjoy workflow and marketing automation, sales intelligence features, and an AI assistant that makes it easier to use. Freshsales is targeted explicitly towards sales teams, as Freshworks CRM offers other options like Freshdesk, Freshmarketer, and Freshservice. If you're looking for an all-in-one platform, there is the Freshsales Suite.
- AI Assistant: If you need help using Freshsales, the platform features Freddy, an AI sales assistant. The AI tool can learn from historical sales engagement and activities on deals and uses this customer data to provide insights that help win deals. Freddy can provide reasons as to why deals have increased or decreased.
- Communication Tools: There are several communication tools offered by Freshsales, including marketing campaigns, email templates, call recording, and integrated VoIP phone and voicemail. You can conduct all your outreach directly from the marketing software and use automation.
- Easy Data Management: Freshsales makes it easy to organize your customer data. When you add a new lead, the platform will get their social media profiles so you can track their interests and customer behavior. There are different views aside from lead management, and the pipeline can be customized. Plus, users can carry out bulk actions.
- Email Marketing Campaigns: If you want to set up campaigns, Freshsales makes this possible as an email marketing software. You can choose different templates and tracking tools for the open and click rates. The metrics are used to check the success of the marketing campaigns.
- Simple CRM process for small businesses.
- Communication tools with email marketing.
- Allows for customization and marketing automation.
- Proactive AI assistant.
- Hundreds of integrations for more functionality.
- The free plan does not allow for reports.
- Fewer integrations than others on the list.
Freshsales has a free plan that beginners and solopreneurs can leverage, and it comes with generous features like contact lifecycle stages, contact management features, a mobile app, and customer support. The paid plans start at $18 per user per month when billed monthly. There is an option to pay annually and a 21-day free trial.
Best for Tracking Sales
Next on our list is Insightly, the right CRM software that helps you streamline your sales process and increase the number of deals you close. One of the CRM tools ideal for small and medium businesses, the software is loaded with essential tools for customer relationships, projects, and lead management.
On Insightly, users can easily navigate the interface and use the different available integrations. There are tools for lead management and mass emailing, although the platform does not do well in customer service.
- Effective Tracking: This small business CRM software is a good task tracker for those who want to monitor sales. Users can assign tasks, and scheduling is available to set and forget. Interlinking is another feature that makes Insightly easy to use in tracking sales, as you can add sales data in one place and see it in another section where it is needed.
- Email Tools: Insightly comes with a wide range of email marketing and syncing tools. After editing, you can use the email templates and leverage the help desk. There are other integrations that you can use to expand this functionality.
- Reporting Features: When using this CRM software, you can leverage the reporting capabilities that allow you to build reports and dashboards. The reports can be shared with colleagues and scheduled to be emailed at a particular time.
- Workflow Automation: Insightly offers marketing and sales automation tools that help you automate processes like sending emails, firing webhooks, and updating records. You can streamline the sales process and reduce the amount of repetitive work in the sales process.
- Easy to input and share customer data.
- Highly customizable pipelines and views.
- The user interface is easy to use and consistent.
- Integrates easily with marketing tools and help desk apps.
- Comes with project management tools.
- Live support is only on the higher plans.
- No custom workflows.
The CRM pricing plans at Insightly start at $29 per user per month, and all plans are billed annually. The first two plans offer a free trial, while the Enterprise plan requires you to contact sales. Insightly comes with a free plan for two users alone.
7. Zoho CRM
Best for Fast-Growing Businesses
Zoho CRM is one of the top CRM tools for UK small businesses that are growing quickly, as it comes with a wide range of capabilities, extensive customization, and an AI tool for easy use. The CRM platform scales easily with the growth of your small business, and the free CRM software works well for new companies.
One of the highlights of Zoho CRM is that it comes with other Zoho tools like Zoho Projects and Zoho People. Small businesses that need a complete suite of productivity tools and SaaS apps can use this CRM platform. There are third-party integrations available.
- Configurable Views: There are different views and chances to customize when you use the Zoho CRM platform. The core CRM module and welcome page can be customized. You can use the Leads view, Kanban view, or view sales in a pipeline.
- Mobile App: There is a Zoho CRM mobile app on Android and iOS that allows you to take care of tasks, schedules, deals, and lead management. Some analytics for individuals and teams, a mobile business card scanner, and an intelligent route planning feature.
- Workflow Automation: Zoho CRM sales and marketing automation work as if/then statements, so you state that if one thing happens, the other will happen. The workflow builder is easy to understand with a slight learning curve and takes away manual tasks.
- Extensive Analytics: In the Analytics tab, you get access to eight components that can be arranged. The customer data is presented in different ways, like a standard chart, funnel, KPI, and other styles. You can use any feature that works best for you.
- Robust set of features for leads and deals.
- Zoho CRM is almost entirely customizable.
- Integrated gamification in the mobile app.
- Flexible AI tools with workflow automation.
- Easy to use platform.
- Limited custom fields.
- No third-party integration on the free plan.
Zoho CRM comes with a free trial on all payment plans and an annual discount of 34%. The plans start at $18 per user per month. Solopreneurs can use the Bigin plan, while Zoho CRM Plus is suitable for larger businesses.
Best for CRM Analytics
Rounding up our list of the best CRM systems for UK small businesses is Salesforce, offering a robust set of features, tailored workflows, and customization in an all-inclusive solution. Ideal for growing companies, Salesforce comes with third-party integrations and add-on options that extend functionality.
Salesforce Sales Cloud excels in CRM analytics and sales and marketing automation and works for small businesses that want complete control over their customer relationship management solution. The CRM software will automate your email campaigns and parts of the customer lifecycle.
- Customization Capabilities: Salesforce Sales Cloud comes with extensive customization for its users to leverage. You can tailor page layouts and customize fields, dashboards, and email templates. There is a developer sandbox and app builder on every plan too.
- CRM Analytics: Salesforce CRM offers users access to diverse analysis and real-time customer data. You can set up customized dashboards for every individual, try out the customizable reports, and use advanced BI tools and self-serve dashboards.
- Productivity Tools: There are different project and inventory management features available at Salesforce, and once you implement them, you can easily manage and build workflows, check off permissions, and assign and follow tasks. The visual dashboards make tracking and checking progress easier, and you can organize meetings too.
- Integrations and Add-Ons: The Salesforce AppExchange store offers a wide range of tools and software you can integrate into the system. There are industry-specific add-ons and a separate section for small businesses, many of which are free.
- Extensive options for customization.
- Powerful reporting and analytics.
- Integrates with 1000+ apps.
- Support materials, videos, tutorials, and online community.
- Generous entry-level plan.
- Time-consuming to automate and customize.
- Confusing pricing model.
The Salesforce pricing starts at $25 per user per month, and this is billed annually. You can try the plans for free with the trial before going for real money. Aside from the payment plans, you have to pay for different add-ons, making it confusing.
How to Choose the Best CRM Software
When choosing the best small business CRM system in the UK, there are different factors that you should keep in mind as a small business owner. Consider these so you can easily choose a platform that works for you.
- Value for Money: As a small business, you are probably looking for ways to cut costs while getting good value for your money. The best CRM system can be expensive or affordable, depending on your plan and the integrations. It's essential to consider those with low price tags and good value.
- Ease of Use: Another factor to consider when choosing the best CRM solutions is ease of use. Ask yourself whether you can create an effective CRM process with it. Look out for tools with customization, flexibility, and easy onboarding. It's a good idea to sign up for software that has a mobile CRM app, as this makes it easier to use while on the go.
- Functionality and Features: The CRM system with the best range of features should be your top choice. There are usually a lot of pricing plans with different features, but some specific functions are required for you to get the most out of your platform. These include workflow and business automation, integrations, contact management tools, reporting and dashboarding tools, project management, and more.
- Scalability: If you're running a small business, you should consider highly scalable CRM systems. The software should allow your business to grow over time without being restricted by specific features. It's a good idea to check those with flexible payment plans and add-ons.
- Customer Support: Your CRM software should come with a wide range of support resources and easy access to customer service. Some CRM systems only allow users to access some support resources when they pay for the higher tiers, while others offer full access to a customer success manager from the first plan.
Your UK small business will need a CRM system for collecting, updating, and managing contact information. You can manage customer accounts, track customer interactions and engagement with your prospective and existing customers, and keep their details up to date. Communicating with businesses is vital for a small business, and CRM systems make this more convenient, so it should be part of your marketing investment.
There are different functions of CRM software, and they are all focused on improving customer relationships. The three primary functions are marketing, customer service, and sales force automation. A good tool helps you update your contact details, manage accounts, and track customer interaction.
This depends on the software that you are using and the plan you go for. First, take some time to compare CRM pricing plans and functionality. Because some systems are free, while you can pay as much as $5,000 per month for others. You can sometimes pay per user based on the number of contacts, which means the cost will increase as your business grows.
What is the Best Customer Relationship Software in the UK?
Although we narrowed down the best customer relationship management software for small businesses in the UK to the top eight, choosing one that still works for you might be challenging. This is why you should consider the different factors and select a CRM software that meets the needs of your small business.
Once you set up your small business CRM and save your first customer contact, you can assess your target audience and start building a customer database. Review our top CRM systems in the UK and execute a business strategy. Here are the top five options:
You may Also Like:
- Best Small Business CRM Software
- CRM Implementation
- Creating a CRM Strategy for Your Business
- Sage CRM Pricing – Which Plan is Right For You in 2023?