30 Best Jira Alternatives in 2022 (Free & Paid Competitors)
Find out the best Jira alternatives with similar features for affordable prices. Make your team more efficient by helping them select the best project management software. In this article, I’ll take you through 30 of the best Jira alternatives in 2022, along with my top 5 picks to save you time.
Searching for the best Jira alternatives is not an easy task. But with the above five recommendations, you’re on the right track.
Jira claims to be the #1 software development tool used by agile teams or others getting started to organize, track, and execute software projects. It has been used in 190 countries and trusted by over 180,000 customers worldwide since its launch by Atlassian in 2002.
Despite its numerous advantages, Jira has some drawbacks that make its users look for alternatives.
Why Look For an Alternative to Jira?
Jira seems to be one of the best project management tools today, yet most teams find it challenging to use for various reasons.
Here are some of the issues that teams encounter when using Jira.
1. Complex User Interface
Jira has an outdated interface for a project management tool, making it confusing to use it daily. For example, even the simplest tool, like applying a single filter, is unnecessarily complex.
2. Setup Takes Too Much Effort and Time
One of the crucial features that make most teams dislike Jira is that its setup and configuration take too much effort and time.
3. No Option To Assign Multiple Users to a Single Task
If you’re looking for a team collaboration tool for your tasks, Jira might be a total letdown. It doesn’t support multiple assignees on a single task or issue.
4. Hard To Move to Another Project Management Software
You would feel obliged to use a popular tool like Jira if it makes it possible to migrate from one project management software to another. However, Jira doesn’t provide an exporting method except within its apps from Atlassian Marketplace.
5. Quite Expensive
Every upgrade from Jira, such as Cloud, attracts a hefty monthly fee in a market where we have Jira alternatives that are easier to use and offer tons of other advanced features.
Best Jira Alternatives for Project Management
Without further ado, here’s a list of 30 of the best Jira alternatives in 2022.
- Zoho Projects
- Planview Clarizen
- Microsoft Planner
- Pivotal Tracker
- Apptio Targetprocess
- Microsoft Project
Best Overall Jira Alternative
What I love about Monday.com is that it has a user-friendly UI with color-coded features to help you visualize your business processes and operations. It provides a working OS that enables you to automate your workflows to boost your team's productivity and efficiency to meet various business needs.Try Monday.com
Monday.com is a popular free Jira alternative suitable for small or big teams looking to handle business functions such as project management, human resources (HR), sales & CRM, marketing, IT, and many more.
If you're looking for a team collaboration tool, Monday.com should be your ideal option because it can support multiple assignees to a single task, unlike Jira.
- Custom templates: By answering a few questions about your business, Monday.com suggests the best suitable templates for you, making it simple to get started on the platform.
- App integration: You can integrate with other business tools such as Shopify, Slack, Zendesk, Zoom, and many more to get things done in less time.
- Multiple views: Monday.com offers multiple views like timeline, chart, and calendar for better work visualization.
- Top-level security: The platform offers security features such as Google authentication and 2-factor authentication to secure your business information.
- Easy onboarding: The first setup is entirely automated, and all you have to do is answer a few triggers such as events, dates, user activities, and so on.
Monday.com has a Free Forever Individual Plan with up to two users only. It also offers Basic, Standard, and Pro Plans at $8, $10, and $16 per user per month. They offer an Enterprise Plan with quoted pricing.
A 14-day free trial is included with all the plans except Enterprise Plan.
- Offers a free forever plan
- Easier onboarding process than Jira
- Customizable to different languages like English, French, and Dutch
- Adding more users is expensive when compared to Jira
A Highly-Rated Alternative to Jira With Free Features and Integrations
For those searching for an agile project management tool suitable for all business sizes and with no hidden costs, I'd suggest trying out ClickUp. It also comes with free features such as assigned comments, super-rich text editing, task checklists, a multitask toolbar, and more.Try ClickUp
ClickUp is the best free Jira alternative on our list because it offers a free forever plan equipped with features you would pay for when using Jira. It's ideal for individuals and small businesses on a budget that wish to keep track of all elements of their operations.
- Assign comments: Assign tasks and activities to yourself or other team members directly in the comments.
- Multiple views: ClickUp offers the perfect projects view for managers, developers, and others. They include board view, list view, box view, calendar view, Gantt chart view, embed view, and many more.
- Multitask toolbar: Select multiple tasks with a single mouse click to make as many changes as possible.
- Integrations: You can integrate with other apps such as GitHub, Toggle, Everhour, Slack, Harvest, and most Google products
- Multiple assignees: The platform allows you to assign different team members to a single task simultaneously.
ClickUp includes a Free Forever Plan with four other paid plans per member per month. They have Unlimited for $5, Business for $12, Business Plus for $19, and a custom-priced Enterprise Plan.
- Good support offered via email and phone
- Easily customized and better than Jira
- Best platform with free advanced features for personal use or small start-ups
- Sends out too many notifications
- It has a complicated UI for a standard beginner
An Easily Navigable Jira Alternative That Simplifies Planning
Built with a simple interface, Wrike is my best recommendation for businesses looking to plan, manage and track tasks with ease. Wrike is an agile project management solution if your team is always on the move and your projects demand a lot of flexibility.Try Wrike
Wrike is an agile project management software like Jira with a wide range of tracking options to help team members collaborate more effectively. It is a cloud-based software development solution with an automated approval system and custom features that help businesses keep their teams aligned and their operations streamlined.
The ability to project a shared team calendar is a significant feature Wrike has, but Jira does not.
- 360° visibility: With unrivaled visibility across departments, you can end team isolation to access information and make real-time decisions.
- Time tracking: You can manually track time or use a timer to focus on billable hours and streamline invoices.
- Real-time reporting: Keep track of your team's activities in real-time while also receiving reports and analytics.
- Live editing: Wrike encourages teamwork through live editing, allowing users to brainstorm jobs and projects in real-time.
- Wrike Integrate: This agile tool integrates with more than 400 cloud and on-premise apps, including WordPress, Outlook, HubSpot, Google Apps, and so on.
Wrike offers a Free Forever Plan. Other plans include Professional at $9.80 per user per month and Business at $24.80 per user per month. They also have a quote-based Enterprise Plan.
All paid plans come with a 14-day free trial.
- It has a more user-friendly interface than Jira
- Excellent for service providers and agencies
- Two-factor authentication support
- More expensive than Jira
A Jira Alternative That Boosts Client's Collaboration in Real-Time
As its name suggests, Teamwork has everything a project manager or account director needs to get the job done. Teamwork stands out in our list of Jira alternatives because you can test it out for at least 30 days before purchasing the paid plans with no credit card required.Try Teamwork
Teamwork is a risk-free project management tool trusted by 20,000+ companies making it an excellent Jira competitor. Its top-use cases include client management, project management, resource management, and remote work.
With Teamwork, you can access essential client work tools like time tracking, workload management, resource scheduling, and more to deliver work on time. It also allows you to manage your clients, projects, and freelancers all in one place with ease.
- Automation: Reduce manual work and automatically streamline all your multiple projects so that you can focus on the most critical aspects of your business.
- Project time tracking: Effectively track and bill all of your client projects to promote transparency.
- Unlimited free client users: Teamwork fosters long-term client relationships and better collaboration by allowing you to add clients to your projects at no additional cost.
- Gantt chart view: You can use the Gantt chart view to get complete visibility over your work and underline any project milestones on the timeline.
- Apps integration: Integrate with significant project management apps you already use, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Slack, Xero, HubSpot, and many more. You can also use their top-of-the-line project management apps like Teamwork Timer App.
Teamwork has a Free Forever Plan with limited features. The paid plans include Deliver ($10 per user per month) and Grow ($18 per user per month). They also offer a quote-based Scale Plan with no obligation.
A 30-day free trial is available with Deliver and Grow Plans.
- It has a one-month free trial that you can cancel anytime with no charges
- It has Gantt charts with better visibility than an agile tool like Jira
- Great for close team collaboration
- Lacks step-by-step documentation options
- No premium visualization
Best Jira Alternative for Working on Big Project Ideas
With Asana, you don’t need to rely on third-party tools to track the progress of your agile projects or email for communication because you can access every detail from various devices and browsers. rnAsana streamlines even the most complex workflows because it's designed for larger projects like marketing campaigns.rnTry Asana
Asana is one of the top free agile tools like Jira because you can get advanced features with the free forever plan to manage unlimited projects and tasks. This platform is easily customizable and allows teams to break down projects into smaller tasks and goals.
It’s a popular project management tool widely used across 190 countries by millions of people and businesses to manage multiple projects across different industries and business sizes.
- Automation: Asana uses automation to make you spend less time on routine tasks and reduce errors to streamline work processes.
- Team collaboration: Enhance collaborations between team members through task comments, statuses, private messages, and adding followers to tasks to keep conversations going during multiple projects executions.
- Shared-team calendar: Use the shared-team calendar view to see what your team members are working on in real-time, ensuring that all deadlines are met.
- 200+ apps integration: Integrate with popular apps such as Google Drive, Outlook, Slack, Zoom, and Gmail, to create one space and support team collaboration anytime, anywhere.
- Admin control: You can protect your business information from unauthorized users, with the possibility of granting access to the appropriate team members via team settings.
Asana has four pricing plans; Free Forever Plan, one of the top free versions on our list of Jira alternatives, Premium Plan at $10.99 per user per month, Business Plan at $24.99 per user per month, and a quote-based Asana Enterprise Plan.
A 30-day free trial is available with Premium and Business Plans.
- It has a free plan with advanced features
- Requires very little onboarding than agile project planning tools like Jira
- Easy-to-use intuitive interface
- It doesn’t support multiple assignees on a single task
- No time tracking features
The Cheapest Alternative to Jira Built for Midsize Companies
Zoho Projects is a cloud-based project management software that is a one-stop solution for construction, education, real estate, testing, and software development teams.
It's one of the free Jira alternatives on our list, and over 200,000+ users use it globally to plan their projects, collaborate with teams, and track work efficiently. You can also use their bug tracking software to remove flaws and deliver great software products.
- Team collaboration: This tool fosters collaboration through an interactive feed where you can comment, mention, or chat with other members to meet team priories fast.
- Gantt charts: Make every project a success with Zoho Projects through multiple Gantt charts to track your project's progress and receive detailed reports.
- Time tracking: With the help of task times and timesheets, Zoho Projects helps you track every minute you spend working on a task.
- Issue tracking: Track and fix issues or bugs in your project for a streamlined workflow.
- Zoho integrations: Integrate with other Zoho apps like Zoho CRM, Zoho Invoice, and other third-party apps.
Zoho Projects has three plans; Free, Premium at $4 per user per month, and Enterprise at $9 per user per month.
A 10-day free trial is available with Premium and Enterprise Plans.
- Cheapest workflow management tool on our list of Jira alternatives
- Easy-to-use intuitive interface
- In-built bug tracking software
- There are no pre-made templates included
- Inconsistent customer support
First Jira Alternative Built For Users By Users
Hive was built as an agile project management solution for users by users through the feedback on Hive’s platform, making it the world's first democratic software platform.
It's a versatile tool better than Jira that offers more project views like Gantt chart view, Kanban boards view, calendar view, label view, portfolio view, and team view.
- Automation: Automate all your basic projects or tasks to streamline workflows.
- Team collaboration: Collaborate more effectively by keeping your entire team on the same page through features like In-App Messenger, In-App Mail, and Proofing & Approvals.
- Hive Notes: Create meeting agendas, assign next steps, comment, tag, and follow up on synced-project with team members.
- Time tracking: Hive makes managing in-person, remote, and hybrid development teams simple with its time-tracking feature.
- 1000+ integrations: Integrate with over 1000 apps to bring all your work information to one place for maximum efficiency
Hive offers Hive Solo (Free Forever Plan), Hive Teams Plan at $12 per user per month, and a quote-based Hive Enterprise Plan.
A 14-day free trial is available with Hive Teams Plan.
- Easy to track tasks
- Paid plans come with unlimited users
- It has a responsive customer service team
- Sends out unorganized notifications
- It has a mobile app with reduced functionality
A Spreadsheet-Based Project Management Tool With Custom Solutions
Smartsheet is a spreadsheet-based platform that follows a customized agile approach like Jira when managing multiple projects and automates workflows to develop custom solutions for your business.
This business management software is one of the best Jira alternatives because it automates actions using simple rules.
- Workflow automation: Automate repetitive tasks and processes, even in multiple projects or systems
- Multiple views: You can visualize work by switching between card, grid, calendar, and Gantt views with the same data.
- Content collaboration: Review, plan, and manage content production to streamline workflows.
- WorkApps: Use WorkApps to build business apps in minutes without coding.
- Integration: Integrate with other business tools like Microsoft 365, Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Google G-Suite, and many more.
Smartsheet pricing starts at $7 per user per month for Pro Plan and $25 per user per month for Business Plan. They also have a quote-based Enterprise Plan.
A 30-day free trial is available with Pro and Business Plans.
- View data from any angle
- Endlessly customizable and quite powerful Jira competitor
- Integrates with most business tools like Microsoft Teams and Slack
- No automatic backups
- Lacks basic features like time tracking
One of the Best Jira-Like Project Management Tools
nTask is a task management software that streamlines your work planning, financial summary, task dependencies, and so on.
What's more? You can organize and manage your workflows on Kanban boards to increase efficiency within your team for continuous delivery. It has more valuable features than agile tools like Jira.
- Multiple assignees: nTask is a better Jira alternative because you can assign multiple people to a single task.
- Multiple task views: You can manage your tasks on Kanban Boards in addition to the grid, list, and calendar view.
- File sharing: Share attachments or documents via nTask and add task comments to enhance team collaboration.
- Time tracking: Easily track the progress of all your tasks through project updates and time logs.
- Issue tracking: nTask offers a bug tracking tool that helps you fix issues and bugs faster to streamline workflows.
nTask has four pricing plans; Basic (free), Premium ($3 per user per month), Business ($8 per user per month), and nTask Enterprise with custom pricing.
A 14-day free trial is available with Premium and Business Plans.
- More affordable than Jira
- It has a straightforward sign-up process
- 24/7 live customer support service
- Attaching large files takes more time
- Lacks advanced reporting features
A Jira Alternative Built for Helping Large Enterprises
Workfront is one of the best Jira competitors solely built as a work management platform for large enterprises.
It's a portfolio management software that helps you manage strategic outcomes, optimize performance, and plan workflows to know which projects to pursue or pause.
- Automation: Automate processes to streamline workflows and save you time to focus on other critical aspects of your enterprise.
- On-screen collaboration: Workfront has workflows templates with side-to-side and on-screen comparisons for streamlined approvals.
- Workfront Fusion: Use Workfront fusion to connect with your other out-of-the-box business tools.
Workfront has three quote-based plans, including Enterprise, Business, and Pro.
- Intuitive interface
- Suitable for large enterprises
- 24/7 live agent support
- No pricing structure
Project Management Tool Like Jira With Best-in-Class Time Tracking
Paymo is a better Jira alternative because it lets you manage tasks and projects, track work hours, and bill clients all from one place.
This is the best platform for software teams looking to manage workflow through automated processes with the help of features like Web Timer and Paymo Plus.
- Multiple assignees: Assign multiple users to a single task for effective task management.
- Drag and drop: Create tasks by dragging and dropping them on Kanban boards.
- Multi-language interface: This agile task management tool is available in 23 languages.
- Resource management: Adjust resources to account for holidays, special events, company time-off, and keep track of everything with resource calendar views.
- Integrations: Integrate with software tools like Quickbooks Online, Xero, and Slack to help you manage projects through workflow automation.
Paymo has a 10-user limit for its Free Forever Plan but offers unlimited users with its paid plans. They include Small Office and Business Plans costing $9.95 and $15.79 monthly per user.
Small office and Business Plans come with a 15-day free trial.
- Easy to track time
- Easy onboarding process
- Multi-language support
- Lacks client portal
Alternative to Jira Offering Enterprise Work Management Solution
Planview Clarizen is an enterprise-class platform that automates workflow, manages risks, and delivers insights to a business to help professional service delivery teams and PMOs handle projects effectively.
It was previously known as Clarizen One before its acquisition by Planview in 2021.
- Automation: Easily automate repetitive processes and alerts to streamline workflows.
- Team collaboration: Planview Clarizen makes collaborations easy with features like digital proofing, task comments, discussions, and file-sharing functionalities.
- Work management: Simplify project planning with easy backlog management and personalized workflows.
- Budget tracking: Keep track of every expense to ensure your projects stay within budget.
- Resource management: Planview Clarizen is one of the Jira alternatives that provide a real-time view of all your tasks and resources, allowing you to plan around your workloads.
There is not much information on Planview Clarizen pricing. You can ask for a quote by contacting them.
- Flexible, intuitive interface
- Real-time visibility across all workstreams
- Excellent collaborative task management
- No plans or pricing structure available
Best Jira Alternative With Easy Onboarding
ProofHub is an online project management and collaboration tool better than Jira because you can assign multiple people to a single task.
Divide work stages between members using their Kanban boards and visualize everything through Gantt charts in a timeline view. This makes it the best agile task management tool for software development teams.
- Team collaboration: Create discussion topics, add comments, mention people, and attach files to bring your team together on single or multiple tasks.
- Advanced search: You can save time using ProofHub's advanced search to find task queries by searching for relevant keywords or phrases.
- Multiple assignees: Create tasks and have multiple people handle them simultaneously.
- Timesheets: Use the timesheets tool to manually or automatically log billable and nonbillable hours for payroll and client billing purposes.
- Integrations: ProofHub integrates with many popular tools like Google Drive, Google Calendar, Dropbox, OneDrive, and so on.
ProofHub has three plans with unlimited projects; a Standard Plan starting at $45 per month, a Premium Plan starting at $135 per month, and a Bigger Teams Plan with custom pricing.
There is a 14-day free trial across all plans.
- Easy-to-use interface with little or no learning curve
- Supports multiple languages
- Excellent customer support
- No budgeting function
- Limited integrations
A Great Alternative to Jira With a Quick Import Projects Option
Nifty is the best collaboration tool on our list of Jira alternatives that allows you to move your project portfolios from other project management tools like Asana, ClickUp, and Trello in minutes.
A spreadsheet view, a to-do list, and a taskboard view make it a better tool than Jira for all business sizes.
- Project milestones: Add automatic project milestones to ensure all tasks are completed on time.
- Portfolio management: Nifty has project portfolios that help you organize projects or tasks into folders to avoid bottlenecks. You can also create reports with project status and financial summaries.
- Team collaboration: Nifty gives you access to task statuses, discussions, and interactive Gantt charts for effective collaboration.
- Multiple Views: The multiple dashboard views make every workflow easy by reducing search time for effective task management.
- 2000+ integrations: Connect with your favorite apps with Nifty to streamline your workflows and achieve team priorities quickly.
Nifty has a Free Forever Plan with unlimited users. It offers a flat monthly rate pricing for its other plans, including Starter at $39, Pro at $79, Business at $124, and Unlimited for $399.
It has no per-user fees and comes with a 14-day free trial.
- Intuitive interface
- Multiple project views
- It has a free forever plan with unlimited project members
- No custom automation
A Unique Alternative to Jira That Predicts the Future
LiquidPlanner stands out among the other project management tools on our list because it has a unique predictive scheduling feature that predicts when work will be completed and continuously adapts to changes. This makes it the best Jira alternative for long-term projects.
- Automation: Balance your team's workload across different projects through automation.
- Time management: LiquidPlanner's time tracking function is ideal for getting things done and meeting team priorities.
- Multiple views: You can use board, workload, and timesheet views for better project visualization.
- Smart estimation: Supports agile teams through ranged estimates to reduce project risks from start to finish.
- Advanced access control: You can create tasks, assign them to the right project members, and specify what they can do.
LiquidPlanner has a Free Forever Plan. It also offers Essentials, Professional, and Ultimate Plans at $15, $25, and $35 per user per month.
There is a 14-day free trial for the Ultimate Plan.
- Intuitive project analytics templates
- Excellent for project scheduling
- Great customer support
- It requires a steep learning curve
Tasks Management Software With a Bug Tracking System
Bugzilla is an effective bug tracking system that also offers capabilities for tasks management, such as advanced search, which allows development teams to track bug fixes in projects.
It has different features for users and administrators, but they are all offered free. This makes it one of the free Jira alternatives on our list.
- Advanced search: Search for bugs and their history in your systems to solve them quickly.
- Scheduled reports: You can schedule findings or reports to be emailed to one or more users at any time of day with Bugzilla.
- Bug tracking: Bugzilla displays the time it will take to fix a bug to restore normal system functionality.
- Multiple formats: Bugzilla shows bug searches in many forms like Atom, CSV, and iCalendar.
- Email modification: To create or modify an existing bug, you do not need to log in to Bugzilla. You can modify a bug by sending an email with all the instructions.
Bugzilla doesn't have a pricing structure. It's free of charge.
- Easy to manage
- Best free bug-tracker
- Great for tracking progress
- Lacks customization features
A Jira Competitor for Dynamic Case Management
Kissflow is a cloud-based collaboration software that serves 10,000+ users in 160 countries who want complete control over their workflows.
This case management solution is the best Jira competitor since it makes agile methodologies more approachable by including all necessary features for project success.
- Automation: Automate workflows to meet your project goals faster and with fewer errors.
- Flexible assignment: Kissflow offers flexibility with case items because you can reassign them to the right team when a case is in progress.
- IT bug tracking: Identify bugs in your tasks or projects as they appear, monitor them through resolution, and make tasks more fun to complete.
- File sharing: Use a simple drag and drop technology to exchange all types of files with your team members for project transparency.
- Integrations: Easily connect with most business essentials tools like Salesforce, Zapier, and Quickbooks Online, to access all of your data in one place.
Kissflow plans include Basic, Advanced, and Fully Loaded at $10, $9.90, and $19 per seat per month. It also offers an Enterprise Plan with custom pricing.
A 14-day free trial is available except for the Enterprise Plan.
- Intuitive user interface
- Makes collaboration easy
- Offers agile issue tracking solution
- There is no free version
A Powerful Jira Alternative for Remote Teams
HyperOffice is a web-based online workflow management software used by more than 2 million users globally.
It's one of the Jira competitors on our list that promote online collaboration needs in organizations through unique features like HyperOffice Atlas, uShare.to, and WorkMap.ai.
- WorkMap.ai: This agile tool like Jira helps automate your workflows with simple rules and no coding required to focus more on other critical aspects of your business.
- Online document management: Use features like version control, multi-level permissions, web folder, and comments to share files remotely with your team wherever they are.
- Team collaboration: uShare.to function helps bring conversations and teams together in one place through audio, video, and group chats.
- Database app library: HyperOffice offers an extensive library of out-of-the-box business apps you can use to manage your business.
- HyperOffice Atlas: Create custom intranet and extranet experiences for your company to improve communication and collaboration.
HyperOffice plans include WorkMap Standard, Atlas, and uShare.to at $15, $5, and $7 per person per month. It also has a WorkMap Enterprise Plan with custom pricing.
There is a 15-day free trial with WorkMap Standard and Atlas Plans.
- Simple and intuitive interface
- It’s a better collaboration software than Jira
- Multi-layered permissions
- No free version
Easiest Project Management Platform Better Than Jira for Collaboration
Workzone is the best Jira alternative suited for software development teams working remotely because it promotes project collaboration to get your whole team on board.
It's a cloud-based collaborative software that serves as the hub for all projects and team members to collaborate within and across departments.
- Workload reports: You can use workload reports to view under or over-used resources to streamline your workflows. This makes it a better agile tool than Jira that centralizes resource planning.
- Custom features: Create customizations solely meant for your business to deliver projects on time.
- Secure file sharing: You can leave comments on projects, approve tasks, send email notifications, and share files with the right team members.
- Gantt charts: Workzone offers interactive Gantt charts you can use to see changes to a project’s timeline.
- 1,000+ integrations: Integrate with helpful business tools like Slack, Quickbooks Online, and Harvest for project collaboration and efficiency.
Workzone offers three plans with unlimited projects. They include Team, Professional, and Enterprise Plans at $24, $34, and $43 per member per month.
- Easiest to use
- Lightning-fast support
- It offers unlimited training for new customers
- More expensive than Jira
Affordable Jira Alternative With Product Roadmaps
Hygger is better than Jira because it offers smart roadmaps with valuable features for planning your business's goals and strategy. This makes it the best Jira alternative for release planning and delivering projects on time.
It's a simple project management software you can use to create priorities and streamline your processes.
- Release management agile: Plan and manage project activities through the Hygger’s release cycle.
- WIP limits: You can set limits to reduce multitasking and identify all bottlenecks in your business operations.
- Kanban boards: Create custom workflows using Kanban boards for visualization, transparency, and collaboration within your team.
- Smart links: Use smart links to get a quick task overview with a unique URL that displays task status.
- Integrations: Hygger integrates with the most powerful technologies, such as Jira, Intercom, GitHub, Slack, and so on.
Hygger pricing starts at $7 per person per month for the Standard Plan and $14 per person per month for the Enterprise Plan. It also offers a Free Forever Plan with unlimited users.
It's free for the first 50 tasks with any plan.
- Relatively easy to use
- It’s an affordable option on our list of Jira alternatives
- Integrates with other project management software like Jira
- No import features
Best Jira Alternative With a Visual Task Management System
Microsoft Planner is a platform that provides every member of your software team with a simple, collaborative, and visual task management experience to help them get things done.
The task status presentations into pie and bar charts set this agile solution apart from other Jira alternatives.
- Task management: Team members can attach files and leave comments on the task in several other tools like Teams, Outlook, and more.
- Multiple assignees: You can assign a single task to multiple people, unlike Jira.
- Schedule view: Teams can view all their tasks on a calendar for better project planning.
- Guest access: Give access to guest users like stakeholders, contractors, or vendors to your projects and tasks to enhance collaboration.
- Outlook integration: You can see your Microsoft Planner tasks on your Outlook calendar to help you plan your time better.
Microsoft Planner is included in the Microsoft 365 Business subscriptions with Basic, Standard, and Premium Plans at $6, $12.50, and $22 monthly per user. It has a separate and different fee structure for enterprises.
If you want to use its apps only, purchase the Microsoft 365 Apps for Business Plan at $8.25/user/month.
There is a 30-day free trial across all plans.
- Easy-to-use interface
- It has a built-in calendar feature
- It comes with a unique Outlook email for communications
- No advanced features like Gantt charts and time tracking
Flat-Rate Pricing Jira Alternative for Remote Teams
Basecamp is the best Jira alternative for remote teams looking to improve their agile practices and streamline workflows no matter where they are. To-Do Lists, Message Boards, Schedules, Real-time Group Chat, Automatic Check-ins, and more tools help achieve this.
- To-Do lists: Add tasks and assign them to yourself or your team members. Go on and set tasks and deadlines, and Basecamp will follow up on any tasks that are past due.
- Automatic check-ins: Create questions for the whole team or specific members and receive replies rolled up in one easy-to-digest thread.
- Client Access: Add clients to your team in one central location to streamline business operations.
- Hill charts: Keep track of all your projects and where they stand using Hill charts for transparency. It's a Basecamp approach to track progress.
- Documents & file storage: Give your team access to files, images, and documents in a secure Basecamp platform.
Basecamp offers a flat rate of $99 per month with unlimited users and unlimited projects with its Business Plan. However, it also has a free, limited Basecamp Personal Plan.
A 30-day free trial is included.
- Easy to learn and use
- No per-user fees
- Ideal for personal projects for families, students, and freelancers
- No proofing tools
23. Pivotal Tracker
An Agile Project Management Tool With Team Transparency
Pivotal Tracker, built by Pivot Labs, is a better alternative to Jira, focusing on team transparency and collaboration by providing agile solutions to small and large-scale businesses.
- Automatic planning: Avoid unrealistic expectations by using Pivotal Tracker to plan future iterations. It makes managing projects easier than when using Jira.
- Multi-project workspaces: You can view your projects side-by-side and manage several tasks on a single screen.
- Powerful search syntax: You can find tasks or anything else, save your searches, and share them with other users.
- File sharing: Drag-and-drop files, presentations, and mock-ups to share with team members with a single mouse click.
- 100+ integrations: Pivotal Tracker integrates with valuable tools like Jira, Zendesk, Slack, and GitHub
Pivotal Tracker has a Free Forever Plan, a Startup Plan with a flat monthly rate of $10, a Standard Plan at $6.50 per collaborator per month, and an Enterprise Plan with custom pricing.
Startup and Standard Plans come with a 30-day free trial.
- Intuitive UI
- Has a to-do list and task distribution features
- Designed for software development
- No Gantt chart view
Best Jira Alternative for Developers and IT Teams
Backlog is a project management platform trusted by over 10,000 companies and used by developers and IT teams to streamline their workflow management. It does this through advanced functions, such as version control, issue & bug tracking, Kanban boards, Gantt charts, and more.
- Task management: Track progress and visualize all your projects or tasks in one place with Gantt charts and Kanban-style boards.
- Team collaboration: Backlog enhances collaboration by sending out target notifications and providing real-time updates to keep everyone on the same page to produce the best results.
- Custom fields: Create custom categories like leads events and user stories to meet your team's workflow demands.
- IP address control: You can control information with IP restrictions, ensuring that only the right people have access to your workspace.
- Issue & bug tracking: Use Backlog to identify, assign, or resolve bugs quickly. More features that simplify issue tracking include task hierarchies, custom statuses, milestones, and priories.
Backlog has a Free Forever Plan and offers flat monthly rate pricing for its paid plans, including Starter, Standard, and Premium at $35, $100, and $175. It also offers an Enterprise Plan with custom pricing.
There is a 30-day free trial across its paid plans.
- Easy to use
- Simple ticketing system
- Integrated with version control
- Charts are more challenging to access from a mobile device.
Best Jira Alternative With Large Enterprise Solutions
Apptio Targetprocess is built to support a scaled agile framework across the organization, bringing products, portfolios, and teams together to achieve enterprise agility.
If you're looking to align your team and guide them through completing wider enterprises' needs, Apptio Targetprocess is the best Jira alternative.
- Automation: Apptio Targetprocess is a better agile tool than Jira because you can customize workflows for large organizations using Kanban, Scrum, and other work solutions to match your team's needs.
- Product roadmaps: Use product roadmaps to schedule product releases and plan deliverables, making work more predictable.
- Risk management: You can visualize discrepancies between original plans and actual work for agile or hybrid delivery.
- Complex integrations: This is an agile project management tool that integrates with various platforms, including CRM, e-commerce, file management solutions, accounting software, and ERP systems.
- Service desk: Collaborate with external users like investors or stakeholders without them having to create an account. They can add comments, vote on ideas, make requests, and more.
This agile tool doesn't provide a pricing structure. However, you can ask for a quote depending on your specific business needs.
- Best suited for large enterprises
- Great live chat support
- Excellent customization capabilities
- There is no transparent pricing system.
Cloud-Based Jira Alternative for Professional Service Providers
Mavenlink is a cloud-based project management platform best suited for professional services providers who can use Industry Cloud to plan scenarios, identify gaps, and access all available resources for efficient workflow management.
- Task scheduling: Create tasks, assign them to project members, and specify due dates and priority levels.
- File sharing: Share files with other users by using mentions and attaching Google Drive files.
- Gantt charts: Drag and drop tasks to set dates and durations and visualize everything on an interactive Gantt chart.
- Integrations: Mavenlink integrates with other helpful development tools such as Jira, Quickbooks, Salesforce, and other third-party apps.
- Access permissions: You can limit who sees sensitive information at the project and account levels, protecting project plans from unauthorized users.
There is no pricing structure for Mavenlink. However, you'll be prompted to answer a few questions about your business and then wait for one of Mavenlink's account advisors to contact you with a plan tailored for your business.
- Easy to use
- 24/7 live support service
- Provides in-depth articles and feature overviews
- No pricing structure in advance.
A Better Alternative to Jira for Project Portfolio Management (PPM)
Microsoft Project is a cloud-based project management solution that uses PPM capabilities to successfully plan, prioritize, and manage portfolio investments and other projects.
It's a better agile tool than Jira because it encourages online collaboration by allowing you to work with a team remotely.
- Team collaboration: Microsoft Project partners with Microsoft Teams to enhance collaboration within your team through meetings, chats, file sharing, and more.
- Project scheduling: Assign tasks to members and track progress using several views such as a Gantt chart, a board, or a grid to streamline workflows.
- Coauthoring: You bring in stakeholders to collaborate with team members to ensure project success.
- Reporting: Track and report the progress of all your projects, portfolios, resources, and programs.
- Timesheet submission: You can keep track of the time spent on your project and non-project activities like payroll and invoicing.
Microsoft Project has three plans; Project Plan 1, Project Plan 3, and Project Plan 5 at $10, $30, and $55 per user per month.
A 30-day free trial is available across all plans.
- It’s a powerful and easy-to-use tool
- Offers on-premises solution
- Integrates easily with other Microsoft tools
- Requires a steep learning curve
Best Jira Alternative for Managing Multiple Projects With Ease
Kanbanize is an agile project management software that uses a Kanban system to provide you with visibility and insights across multiple projects at once.
It has portfolio Kanban boards that help you see the big picture to understand what needs to be done and make informed decisions to ensure project success.
- Custom fields: Create custom fields to track and visualize specific project details or tasks to meet your workflow needs.
- Kanban boards: To avoid bottlenecks, use Kanban boards to track tasks and receive status reports in real-time.
- Monte-Carlo forecasting: Kanbanize calculates the amount of work that can be delivered in the future using your historical completion data and other features for project forecasting.
- Advanced search: You can filter search results to get specific information and create sophisticated reports.
- Integrations: Kanbanize integrates with various apps and tools like Zapier, Azure, and other services.
Kanbanize pricing begins at $149 for 15 users per month for its Standard Plan. For every user or add-on added, you will be charged more. There is also a quote-based Enterprise Plan.
A 30-day free trial is available with the Standard Plan.
- Easy to use
- Great phone call support
- It has an advanced search tool
- Requires a steep learning curve
An Agile Tool Like Jira and a Simple Bug and Issue Tracker
DoneDone is a task management software that doubles as a bug and tracking tool, and it's designed to support agile teams looking to streamline their workflows in one place.
DoneDone also provides customer support tailored for small businesses by turning cluttered support emails into organized conversations. This makes it the best project management on our list of Jira alternatives.
- Bug tracking: You can quickly log, track, and resolve issues in your systems using DoneDone to help your team and clients complete projects successfully.
- Customer support: DoneDone operates as a help desk for all of your customers to improve collaboration and communication.
- Custom workflows: Create custom workflows or templates for teams with recurring tasks or responsibilities to avoid bottlenecks.
- Integrations: DoneDone integrates with popular business tools like Slack, Harvest, GitHub, Zapier, Google Drive, and more.
DoneDone offers a Collaborate Plan at $4 per user per month and an Outreach Plan at $8 per user per month. They also provide an Enterprise Plan with tailored pricing.
There is a 14-day free trial available with Collaborate and Outreach Plans.
- Intuitive and easy-to-use UI
- Best all-in-one task and bug tracking tool
- More affordable than Jira
- Lacks an effective search filter
Best Jira Alternative for Businesses of All Sizes
Trello is a popular task management tool used by millions of people from all walks of life and businesses of all sizes to organize workflows, create tasks, collaborate on projects, and more.
It has Kanban boards that assist team members in brainstorming projects and collaborating to complete them quickly.
- Automation: Trello offers unlimited automation with Butler to accomplish more tasks with a single mouse click without coding.
- Custom templates: Design custom templates specific to your business or use pre-made ones such as Kanban and Scrum boards.
- Multiple views: You can visualize all your tasks and data with multiple views. These include a map view, table view, dashboard view, timeline view, and calendar view.
- Advanced permissions: Trello gives admins additional control over who can join task boards by imposing several limitations, including bulk deactivation.
- Integrations: You can integrate with other business tools like Jira, Slack, and email for easier workflow management.
Trello has four plans; Free Forever, Standard at $5 per user per month, Premium at $10 per user per month, and Enterprise starting at $17.50 per user per month.
The Premium Plan comes with a 14-day free trial.
- Great Kanban tool
- Intuitive interface
- Easy onboarding
- No option for real-time reporting.
Jira Alternatives FAQ
Founded by Atlassian, Jira started as a bug tracking tool in 2002 before evolving into an agile project management solution in 2012.
Jira is designed to help agile teams streamline their workflows with use cases ranging from software development, scrum management, professional service management, content management, bug tracking, and so much more.
Jira is an excellent agile software solution because it has all the features you would expect from a project management tool, including workflow automation, roadmaps, reports and analytics, project backlog, issue and task management, and more.
Furthermore, it's one of the most affordable project management platforms out there compared to its top alternatives like Asana, Wrike, Teamwork, and so on.
However, Jira has its flaws, such as a complicated UI and lacks modern features, forcing users to look for better alternatives.
For those who can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars per month on Jira, there are many less expensive alternatives like DoneDone, Zoho Projects, Backlog, and Trello.
These cheaper Jira alternatives include many automation capabilities and are simple to use. As a result, they're the better choice if you want to streamline your operations in less time with fewer hassles.
Even with its numerous benefits and features, Jira is difficult to set up and requires a steep learning curve. This is one of the main drawbacks why most people look for alternatives.
The other issue is that Jira has a confusing and complex user interface that may be overwhelming for new and experienced users.
Finally, Jira lacks a collaboration tool, which is critical if you wish to communicate with your team members for more efficient workflows.
Which Agile Project Management Tools are Better Than Jira?
Jira is a popular agile solution, but it isn't the best project management software today.
It would be best for you to make the right decisions for your business by choosing a project management tool that works well for your business and your team to increase productivity.
Yet we have so many Jira alternatives available. Don't worry. We have done the hard part by compiling a list of Jira alternatives with 30 tools and their key features, pricing, pros, and cons.
It's now up to you to choose one that meets all of your business's needs and budget.
Here are our top five picks once more:
Do you require any additional information or assistance in deciding on the best Jira alternatives in 2022? Then, you should probably look at our more in-depth comparison reviews of various project management software.