17 Best Productivity Apps To Get Things Done In 2022
It’s not always easy to live your best work-life, especially when there are so many distractions around you 24/7. We all feel burdened by the number of tasks we have to do for the day. Managing your tasks better would undoubtedly help you get everything done on time and lead a productive work life.
We have rounded up the best productivity apps to get things done and succeed in 2022 and beyond.
Whether you are struggling to be productive while working from your home or are unable to manage your personal projects, these applications would help you schedule and manage your tasks, making your life a little easier.
Best Productivity Application with Kanban Dashboard
Monday can be used to schedule and complete all of your daily tasks, including project planning, brainstorming, file sharing, communications, and more.
- Intuitive Dashboard: Monday has a simple interface with an interactive dashboard. You can view all your meetings, workflows, and reminders in one place. It can be easily integrated with Google Calendar or Outlook. You can also add time blocks to your calendar so no one disturbs you while you are working.
- Weekly Task Loads: With Monday’s weekly overview, you can work on multiple projects at a time without getting lost. The customizable to-do lists and the daily task management tools ensure that you never miss a deadline. The checklist feature is perfect for breaking down tasks into actionable items.
- Time Tracking: The time tracking feature on this platform helps you analyze how much time you spend on each task. This, in turn, enables you to manage your time more effectively.
- Monday has the easiest and most sophisticated spreadsheet capabilities.
- Perfect option for ad-hoc and repeatable task management.
- They have extremely responsive tech support.
Monday.com has five plans – Individual, Basic, Standard, Pro, and Enterprise.
- The Individual Plan gives you access to unlimited boards and 200+ templates.
- The Basic Plan offers 5GB file storage and prioritized customer support.
- The Standard Plan gives you access to timeline, Gantt, and calendar views.
- The Pro Plan gives you access to time-tracking and automation.
- The Enterprise Plan offers advanced security and integrations.
Monday.com offers a 14-day free trial, giving you access to multiple views and time tracking software to improve your productivity.
Affordable Productivity Tool with Efficient Checklists
ClickUp is one of the best productivity apps for large teams and freelancers. It offers multiple tools to meet your personal goals.
- Easy-to-Use Notepad: This feature makes it easier to note down your ideas during a meeting or a brainstorming session. You can visit it later and change the ideas into actionable tasks.
- Efficient Checklists: Checklists make it easier to organize your business processes and create simple to-do lists within tasks. This helps you not get lost in a workflow that requires multiple steps for completion.
- Task Tray: With ClickUp, you can pick several daily tasks you want to accomplish and minimize them in the task tray. This way, you will be reminded of what you need to get done before the end of the day.
- Decide which tasks you should begin with by classifying them by importance.
- Get access to effortless project planning and scheduling.
- Use targets to easily establish your goals and visualize your project progress.
ClickUp has five plans – Free Forever, Unlimited, Business, Business Plus, and Enterprise.
- The Free Forever Plan offers unlimited tasks and collaborative docs.
- The Unlimited Plan provides limitless storage and integrations.
- The Business Plan provides custom exporting and advanced automation.
- The Plus Plan gives you access to team sharing and custom permissions.
- The Enterprise Plan offers a dedicated success manager and white labeling solutions.
With ClickUp, you can access the Free Forever plan and create kanban boards, use time tracking for free and boost your productivity.
Top Productivity Platform for Efficient Collaboration
Wrike is designed to maximize your productivity, improve performance, and accelerate growth in all sectors.
- Kanban Boards: Increase your team’s focus and streamline their intake with online Kanban boards. It offers organization-wide visibility and reduces emails and check-ins.
- Purpose-Built Templates: Wrike is a leading productivity application that offers pre-built templates that work for different services. You can easily customize them and get your work done faster.
- Automated Approvals: Build a task path for your work, so the right people are auto-assigned and notified when your task is ready for approval. This helps you save time emailing and attaching files.
- Create customizable dashboards and share your progress easily.
- Use smart automation features to turn strategy into results.
- Minimize the time spent on repetitive tasks with personalized workflows.
Wrike has four plans – Free, Professional, Business, and Enterprise.
- The Free Plan offers task and subtask management options.
- The Professional Plan provides interactive Gantt charts.
- The Business Plan offers customized fields and workflows.
- The Enterprise Plan provides an automation engine and two-factor authentication.
Wrike provides a Free plan with a personalized app experience and interactive boards.
Leading Productivity Application with Pre-Built Templates
Asana helps you be more deliberate about managing your and your team’s time.
- Task Management: Asana is one of the best task management softwares to make a to-do list of your tasks. This helps you remember everything you need to do and manage your time to work deliberately.
- Integrated Business Tools: Manage all your work with a central dashboard and reduce the time and confusion of switching between apps. Wrike offers a platform where you can integrate multiple tools to improve productivity.
- Customizable Templates: Get your work done faster with pre-built templates. You can even create one of your own and share them with your team. This saves time and reduces the chances of mistakes.
- Assign multiple team members to different roles within a larger project.
- Work asynchronously and easily communicate across time zones.
- Automate all the recurring tasks with shareable templates.
Asana has three plans – Basic, Premium, and Business.
- The Basic Plan offers unlimited tasks, projects, and file storage.
- The Premium Plan gives you access to Timeline view and custom fields.
- The Business Plan provides a custom rule builder and portfolio.
With Asana, you can access a 30-day free trial and create unlimited dashboards and custom fields to save time and get more work done.
Most Suitable Productivity Tool with Time Tracking
- Task List Templates: Create templates for your tasks from scratch and reuse them when creating similar task lists. This helps you save time and break down your workload into tasks and subtasks.
- Time Tracking: The in-built online time tracker keeps you focused, allows you to deliver your work on time, and get better insights into your daily and weekly tasks.
- Gantt Charts: Teamwork allows you to create an online gantt chart for your team, helping you keep your projects on track. They help you quickly manage your deadlines and deliver better work.
- Use the calendar to get a snapshot view of all the upcoming tasks and deadlines.
- Enable members to stay in the loop of your task progress without emailing them your work.
- Reduce workload and generate scalable results by integrating third-party tools.
Teamwork has four plans – Free Forever, Deliver, Grow, and Scale.
- The Free Forever Plan allows you to create subtasks and milestones.
- The Deliver Plan offers purpose-built task and project templates.
- The Grow Plan offers calendar view and time-tracking options.
- The Scale Plan provides an advanced resource scheduler and 500GB storage.
Teamwork offers a free 30-day trial, where you can access all the premium time-tracking and billing features, along with pre-built templates.
Affordable Productivity Platform with Auto Scheduling
Hive helps you collaborate with your team and stay on top of your projects and actions.
- Customizable Recurring Tasks: Hive is one of the best productivity apps, allowing you to create repetitive actions on your dashboard, so you always have a reminder for your weekly or monthly tasks. This helps boost productivity by not having to repeat recurring tasks.
- Auto-Schedule Meetings: You can quickly set up a meeting with your clients or teammates directly from your Hive card. This saves you the time of emailing them or switching to another application.
- Efficient Calendar: Hive allows you to integrate your platform’s calendar with Google Calendar or Outlook. This helps you view and access events directly from the platform. You can use arrows on the application to view the upcoming meetings on future days.
- Easily understand and visualize your team’s workload and project breakdown with team-wide resourcing.
- Quickly restore all the recently deleted files from the Hive trash bin. They will be automatically deleted after 30 days.
- Analyze the time spent on any action or project across your workspace with an in-built tool.
Hive has three plans – Solo, Teams, and Enterprise.
- The Hive Solo Plan offers unlimited storage and an actionable to-do list.
- The Hive Teams Plan gives you access to gantt, kanban, and calendar views.
- The Hive Enterprise Plan offers custom analytics, timesheets, and team resourcing features.
Hive offers a Free Solo Plan, which gives you access to automated workflows, calendars, and robust task management features.
Cheapest Productivity Platform for the Task Bar of Your PC
RescueTime helps you stay more focussed, productive, and motivated. It is used by millions of people worldwide.
- Daily Focus Work Goal: RescueTime is an intelligent application for productivity. It assesses your daily tasks, work style, and meeting schedule. This is then compared and analyzed with 3 billion hours of activity from people like you. Once done, it gives you a daily focus work goal that helps you stay productive throughout the day.
- Focus Sessions: When you trigger a focus session, the platform blocks all the sites that negatively impact your focus. Once your session is completed, it shows you a productivity graph, comparing it to your average time.
- Stay on Track: This application analyzes your daily schedule to serve up insights and nudges. These in turn, help you stay on track. The end-of-day summaries allow you to analyze your workday and improve your productivity.
- Get access to in-depth productivity reports.
- Analyze the sites that distract you the most, and block them during work hours.
- Track your capabilities and analyze how you work on a day-to-day basis.
RescueTime has two plans – Lite and Premium.
- The Lite Plan allows you to track how much time you spend on different websites and applications.
- The Premium Plan can be accessed for $9 per month. It allows you to enable goal alerts and offline tracking.
RescueTime offers a free Lite Plan, which is adequate for first-time users. It allows you to categorize your apps and send you a weekly productivity report on your email.
Affordable Productivity Applications with Automated Triggers
IFTTT is a unique productivity application that stands for “If This Then That.” It helps you integrate apps, devices, and services.
- Efficient Automation: IFTTT helps devices, apps, and services work together in the most powerful ways. It allows you to create an automation trigger as per your rules. You can create your applets or enable published applets by simply clicking on them.
- Work-Life Balance: Maintain a proper work-life balance by accessing the function of your work accounts through Applets. You don't even have to log in with your device.
- Powerful Integration: Easily integrate your phone and tablets with other devices and applications. You can easily sync your to-do lists and get more things done with the application.
- Automate and integrate your favorite services to save time.
- The application is available in seven languages, including Japanese and French.
- It helps you make the most out of the services you already use.
IFTTT has three plans – Free, Pro, and Pro+
- The Free Plan offers five applets and standard speed.
- The Pro Plan provides 20 multi-action applets.
- The Pro+ Plan allows you to connect to multiple accounts and offers unlimited applets.
IFTTT gives you access to a 7-day free trial, where you can create unlimited, multi-action applets, access developer tools, and priority support.
Best Productivity Tool with Powerful Timesheets
- Time Tracker: You can start or stop the in-built tracker tool as you work. It also lets you enter and edit your hours manually. These tracked hours can be marked as billable.
- Efficient Timesheets: Timesheet is one of the leading productivity apps that allows you to log your weekly activities within a minute. The platform offers pre-built templates and reminders for due timesheets. You can submit them to your client for approval.
- Interactive Reports: You can break down your team’s activities and view them by day, activity, and user. These help you evaluate who has worked on what, how much money you earned throughout the week, and review the time spent on tasks.
- Visually track time and log activities with the in-built calendar.
- Easily track your team’s time off and holidays.
- Timesheets help you better organize your business and budgets.
Clockify has four plans – Basic, Standard, Pro, and Enterprise.
- The Basic Plan allows you to edit in bulk and access project templates.
- The Standard Plan offers efficient invoicing and lock timesheet options.
- The Pro Plan will enable you to compare labor cost and profit and set customized alerts.
- The Enterprise Plan provides custom subdomain and account controls.
Clockify offers a Free Forever plan to its customers, where you can add unlimited users and create limitless reports. You can access the time tracker, calendar, and timesheets for free.
Leading Productivity Software For Organizing Tasks
Todoist is one of the best softwares for improving productivity and getting your tasks or finances organized.
- Priority Levels: This productivity-boosting helps you focus on the essential tasks first with priority levels. You can also add your key projects, filters, or labels to the favorite tab. Setting alerts about time-sensitive jobs ensures that you never miss a deadline.
- Quick Add: Never lose track of an important task by capturing and organizing them in seconds. You can organize them into sections or subtasks. The platform helps you remember deadlines and any recurring dates or meetings.
- Personalized Tasks: Build personalized tasks to suit your unique workflow. Todoist offers kanban-style cards to help you view the bigger picture of your project. You can also set pre-build themes to match your style, mood, or personality.
- Share your tasks with your team and appoint them.
- Connect Todoist to your email and calendar to simplify your workflow.
- Efficiently visualize your productivity trends by analyzing your daily and weekly goals.
Todoist has three plans – Free, Pro, and Business.
- The Free Plan offers five active projects and gives you access to a week-long activity history.
- The Pro Plan gives you access to reminders and unlimited activity history.
- The Business Plan offers team inbox, team billings, and priority support.
With Todoist, you get access to a 30-day free trial, where you can create 500 projects, set reminders, customize your app with themes, and track unlimited activity history.
Top Productivity Platform for Seamless Integrations
Evernote helps you tackle your work with notes or tasks and organize them in one place.
- To-Do Lists: Stay on top of your projects and never miss a deadline by creating to-do lists. Add notes to your tasks to avoid wasting time by switching between notes and a dedicated task manager.
- Efficient Scanning: Scan all your important documents and save them on the application. You can also digitize business cards by snapping a picture and keeping it on Evernote. This helps you create your database of contacts.
- Integrate with Google Calendar: Evernote is an excellent productivity application that seamlessly integrates with third-party applications like Google Calendar and brings your schedule and notes under one roof. This helps you make the most out of your time. You can set up a new note within seconds, add all the event details and prepare for meetings faster.
- You can upload images, PDF files, maintain links, and record audio notes.
- Save your time and effort by installing note templates.
- See every piece of information you need with a simple dashboard and navigate your day efficiently.
Evernote has three plans – Free, Personal, and Professional.
- The Free Plan allows you to sync two devices and stay on top of deadlines with in-note tasks.
- The Personal Plan syncs unlimited devices and connects your Google Calendar account to the app.
- The Professional Plan allows you to access all widgets and customizations for your home.
Evernote offers a 14-day free trial, giving you offline access on mobile or desktop, tracking your team’s progress, and allowing you to export notes in pdf format.
Best Suited Productivity Tool for Interactive Reports
Toggl helps teams and individuals work better, no matter where they are or where they work from.
- One-Click Timers: This productivity application helps you track time across multiple devices. All your entries are synced automatically into the application. You can also set up an auto tracker feature, which will trigger the minute you start using the software.
- Interactive Reports: Generate powerful and interactive reports to help reveal actionable insights. You can create summary or detailed weekly reports as per your requirements. Stay up to date by scheduling reports to regularly arrive in your inbox.
- Team Scheduling: Manage your entire team with a single dashboard. This way, you can view which member is overburdened and who might be able to lend a hand. It will help you manage the productivity of your team.
- Get detailed and actionable insights on productivity and profits.
- It is compatible with a wide range of applications and can seamlessly integrate with existing software.
- Forecast your project timeline, budget, and progress through an interactive dashboard.
Toggl has four plans – Free, Starter, Premium, and Enterprise.
- The Free Plan offers unlimited time-tracking and automated triggers.
- The Starter Plan allows you to generate project time estimates and create alerts.
- The Premium Plan provides team time tracking reminders and project forecasts.
- The Enterprise Plan offers seamless integrations and prioritized support.
With Toggl, you can access a 30-day free trial without sharing your credit card details. You get access to interactive reports, unlimited tracking, and interactive reports.
Affordable Productivity Application for Setting Due Dates
Due is a lightning-fast application that helps you remember everything and stay ahead of your deadlines.
- Automatic Reminders: Due is quite persistent when it comes to reminding tasks. The platform will keep sending you reminders unless you mark them complete, reschedule them, or turn off the snooze option.
- Countdown Timers: Countdown timers are perfect for recurring tasks. You can use them for work or personal errands. The platform allows you to run multiple timers at once.
- Customizable Themes: Personalizing your app to meet your taste and style is one of this app's custom features. Whether you like it light, dark, or somewhere in between, the app has a perfect theme for you. This helps you change the look of the platform.
- Manage your reminders easily with a mobile application.
- Set due dates with lightning-fast speeds.
- Sync your reminders and timers easily with Dropbox or iCloud.
Due offers a single paid plan, which you can access for $7.99 per month. It provides automatic reminders, easy due-date setups, and customizable themes.
Due offers an interactieve mobile and web application for iOS devices. You can set automatic reminders and customize the app, the way you like.
14. Google Docs
Best Productivity Software For Editing Documents
Google Docs lets you create, edit, or collaborate on documents irrespective of your place and device.
- Powerful Formatting Features: Google Docs is more than a note-taking application. It offers hundreds of fonts and styling options. You can add links, images, and drawing to your documents effortlessly.
- Easy Access: The best part about this software is the ease of access. You can access Google Docs wherever you are and on whichever device you want. You can even access, edit, or manage your document offline. The application will sync all the changes once you connect to the internet.
- Efficient Collaboration: All your team members can collaborate on a single document. This saves you the time of emailing the edits you need in the document. You can suggest or comment your ideas in the document.
- All the changes are automatically saved on the docs as you type.
- You can search for images through the application.
- Google Docs is compatible with Word.
Google Docs is a part of Google Workspace. It offers four plans – Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, and Enterprise.
- The Business Starter Plan offers 3GB of cloud storage.
- The Business Standard Plan offers management controls and 2TB of file storage.
- The Business Plus Plan gives you access to enhanced security and 5TB of cloud storage.
- The Enterprise Plan offers unlimited storage and premium support.
You can access Google Docs for free. It offers hundreds of fonts, syncs all your devices, and allows you to collaborate with your team.
15. Google Calendar
Top Productivity Tool for Managing Your Schedule
Google Calendar helps you make the most out of your day by spending less time managing your schedule.
- Schedule View: Google Calendar is one of the best productivity apps that allows you to visualize your schedule by adding images and maps to the calendar. This helps you give context to your events and brings your calendar to life.
- Effortless Syncing: Automatically add an event to your calendar when you receive an email about it through Gmail. Be it a restaurant reservation, flight, or concert. Google Calendar will sync up all the events with your calendar.
- Smart Suggestions: With Google’s powerful AI, you can fill up your calendar events within seconds. It gives you smart suggestions about event titles, people, and places.
- Easily schedule meeting rooms for your team directly through the application.
- Remember your tasks by adding a personal reminder to your calendar.
- Track time on the calendar with the World Clock.
Google Calendar is a part of Google Workspace. It offers four plans – Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, and Enterprise.
- The Business Starter Plan offers security and management controls.
- The Business Standard Plan offers management controls and 150 participant video meetings.
- The Business Plus Plan gives you access to enhanced security and 500 participant video meetings plus recording.
- The Enterprise Plan offers unlimited storage and premium support.
You can access Google Calendar for free. It offers an easy-to-use schedule view, world clock, and effortless syncing options to boost your productivity.
Affordable Productivity Platform for Scheduling Meetings
Doodle helps you save time by scheduling your day effortlessly.
- Booking Page: Doodle allows you to automate your day with the booking page. You need to send a link to anyone who wants to book an appointment with you. All they have to do is to choose a time.
- Clear Visibility: The platform allows you to easily view who is available for a meeting and at what time slot. You can view their availability with Doodle, no matter what scheduling calendar they use.
- Visual Scheduling: When scheduling a meeting with a group, send out proposed meeting times to see who is free. The platform offers a visual snapshot when everyone is free, allowing you to pick a winning date. It auto-identifies guest time zones as well.
- Get control of your schedule by deciding the number of meetings in a day and the length of each one of them.
- Supports various time zones for scheduling meetings across the globe.
- Broadcast meeting updates right from the dashboard.
Doodle has three plans – Pro, Team, and Enterprise.
- The Pro Plan allows you to sync meetings, set deadlines and reminders.
- The Team Plan offers Zapier, Zoom, and Microsoft Teams integration.
- The Enterprise Plan gives you access to a dedicated success manager and priority support.
Doodle gives you access to a free 14-day trial where you can access the booking page, easy 1:1 meetings, and effortless integrations.
Best Productivity Application to Stay Focussed
Forest application is a unique concept that allows you to stay focused by inspiring you to plant trees.
- Interactive Dashboard: The Forest applications have a pretty interactive and simple-to-use dashboard. It is clean and straightforward.
- Set Timers: The platform allows you to set timers from 10 minutes to 2 hours, depending upon your task. As soon as you select a timer, you can see a countdown, and a tree grows above it. Your tree will die if you access your phone before the timer ends.
- Earn Points: You earn points every time you are focused on your work and do not access your phone before the timer is up. These points can be used to unlock other features on the applications.
- Easy-to-use and interactive dashboard.
- You can access the platform via a mobile phone or laptop.
- You can use the points you earn to plant a real tree.
Forest has two plans – Free and Pro.
- The Free Plan offers simple timer options and effortless syncing across multiple devices.
- You can access the Pro Plan for $1.99 per month. It allows you to connect your app with your friends and plant trees, gives you access to a no-ad ecosystem, and offers detailed statistics to evaluate your productivity.
Forest offers a free plan to set a timer and focus on the tasks at hand. This helps you stay away from distractions and earn points.
The best productivity application to get more things done depends upon your requirements. It will also vary depending on whether you are looking for an application for personal use or your team.