17 Free Project Management Tools to Try in 2022
Project management software tools are essential productivity applications that every organization should use to manage their tasks and workflows. Whether it is a simple project or multiple projects with complex workflows, project management software tools can help you become more productive in managing your vital tasks.
With the best project management applications, you can track your ongoing and completed tasks, plan your projects, track time spent, boost cross-team collaboration, and generate reports to compare your team’s performance against the identified key metrics. Most of the challenges you encounter when managing remote teams disappear when you use this software.
If you are not new to using project management software or are not willing to pay for premium project management features, several project management tools offer project management features for free either as a forever free plan or a limited free trial.
In this article, you will learn about 17 of the best free project management software and key features to look out for to help you choose the best fit for your team and needs.
Let’s get started.
Best Free Project Management Tools
Overall Best Free Project Management Software with Extended Collection Of Customizable Templates
Monday.com is your best-choice free project management software, presenting you and 125,000+ of its users with extended work management options to effectively plan, track, and deliver projects on time.
- Templates: Monday.com is dedicated to facilitating quick workflows, offering you over 200 templates to choose from. Templates are extensively customizable through intuitive drag-and-drop actions and you get to create your custom templates for future use. Your templates are not limited to project management as you are also presented with customizable templates for your sales, CRM, marketing, design, and software development workflows on a single platform.
- Visualizations: With Monday.com, you also make use of multiple visualization options to easily keep track of your project elements and intuitively make changes. These visualization options include a map view, a calendar view for tracking schedules, a timeline view, and the more advanced Kanban board views, among a lot of others.
- Integration: Monday.com seamlessly integrates with all your favorite tools such as Outlook, Microsoft Teams, Slack, Dropbox, Zoom, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Gmail, Excel, LinkedIn, OneDrive, Zapier, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- High-quality integrations
- Quick set up
- 14-day free trial
Monday.com offers you a free plan that lets you manage two users and an unlimited number of boards and documents. You have access to over 20 column types and mobile applications for iOS and Android devices.
Other plans offered by Monday.com include the basic plan, the standard plan, the pro plan, and the enterprise plan.
- The basic plan helps you manage all your teams’ workflows in one dashboard and offers unlimited views.
- The standard plan is best for team collaboration with extended automation and integrations.
- The pro plan comes with additional time tracking capabilities.
- The enterprise plan comes with enterprise-scale automation, integrations, security, and advanced reporting.
Access Monday.com’s individual plan for free or try out its premium plans for free for 14 days.
Simple Project Management Software with Great Collaboration and Project Tracking Options
- Real-Time Dashboards: ClickUp presents you with comprehensive dashboards that centralize all your project elements. Data from different project management workflows from different projects and team members are compiled, automatically updated, and visually represented on this same intuitive dashboard.
- Collaborations: With ClickUp, you also enjoy effective collaboration options. One feature the platform places focus on is document management, with which you create and collaboratively make edits to documents. You also have access to a real-time chat hub for quick conversations.
- Integration: Connect with over 1,000+ popular third-party applications such as Slack, GitHub, GitLab, Outlook, Google Drive, Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive, Google Calendar, Loom, YouTube, Zoom, Figma, Vimeo, Microsoft Teams, Intercom, Box, Zendesk, Calendly, Zapier, and Clockify.
- Unlimited tasks and team members on the free plan
- 24/7 support
- Custom statuses
- Smart notifications
- Over 50 native integrations
ClickUp's Free Forever plan allows you to manage unlimited tasks and team members, equips you with two-factor authentication, and comes with the intuitive email check-in feature for extended email functionalities. You also have access to Kanban boards, sprint management capabilities, native time tracking, and in-app video recording options.
Premium plans include the unlimited plan, the business plan, the business plus plan, and the enterprise plan.
- The unlimited plan is best for small teams and offers unlimited Gantt charts and resource management options.
- The business plan is ideal for mid-sized teams and comes with advanced automation and time tracking features.
- The business plus plan is suitable for multiple teams and comes with API access.
- The enterprise plan is best for large teams and comes with HIPAA-compliant security and advanced permissions, among others.
Access ClickUp’s Free Forever plan or try out its premium plans for free for 30 days to get started.
Enterprise Project Management Tool that Offers Intuitive and AI-Powered Customization Options
With patronage from over 20,000 companies worldwide, Wrike serves as an enterprise project management platform focusing on giving you complete project visibility and facilitating your cross-team collaborative workflows.
- Customizations: Wrike does not just give you options to extensively customize your project workspace and workflow but also makes this even easier through its AI-powered tool. The AI Work Intelligence feature gives you a personalized work experience, as it automatically optimizes your workflows based on data collected from previous actions.
- Task Management: You also manage your tasks as effectively as you need to. Projects are easily broken down into milestones, tasks, and subtasks, and you can also assign these to different team members from the same workspace. Real-time updates across tasks and projects are also provided to you, alongside multiple board and spreadsheet views for proper project visualization.
- Reporting: Build and edit real-time reports, create project status reports, and schedule project reports with Wrike’s intuitive report wizard. Keep your team members and key project stakeholders up-to-date with your projects’ progress with real-time reports.
- Integrations: The work management platform integrates with top file-sharing and cloud storage platforms on the internet, including Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, and OneDrive, among others.
- Highly centralized task management
- Cloud storage integrations
- Easy AI-powered workflows
- Free trial on all paid plans
Opting for Wrike's Free plan offers you unlimited users, external and internal collaborators, and up to 2GB of cloud storage. You additionally have access to account-wide work schedules.
Other pricing plans include the professional plan, the business plan, the enterprise plan, and the pinnacle plan.
- The professional plan is suitable for fast-growing teams and comes with project planning and team collaboration features.
- The business plan is best for managing all teams across an organization and comes with a rich blend of customization features for any team or use case.
- The enterprise plan is ideal for large teams and offers enterprise-grade security and scalability features.
- The pinnacle plan is best for teams with complex work needs and comes with advanced tools and analytics.
Access Wrike’s free plan or try out its premium plans for free for 14 days to get started.
Fast and Easy-to-Use Task Management Software with Extensive Real-Time Communication Features
Teamwork is a free task management platform with premium plans dedicated to client work, offering you effective solutions to manage your teams, track time, and monitor costs within your project framework. This platform is trusted by PayPal, Spotify, Disney, Netflix, and HP, among 20,000 other companies.
- Collaborations: Teamwork facilitates your team's communications and file sharing through an extensive list of collaboration options. These range from commenting and “@” mentioning features to templates and centralized dashboards.
- Task Management: This project management platform also equips you with solutions to properly manage your tasks. Alongside a calendar view for schedule management and real-time status updates on dashboards, you have access to advanced visualization options like kanban boards and Gantt charts.
- Workload Management: With Teamwork, your resource management options remain dedicated to workload management, where you track the number of tasks and work assigned to team members and make appropriate changes and reallocations where needed.
- 30-day free trial on paid plans
- Sufficient visualization options
- Effective real-time communication
- High-quality integrations
Teamwork offers you a Free Forever plan which gives you access to the basic project and task management features, milestones, and collaboration options. Other pricing plans include the Deliver plan, the Grow plan, and the Scale plan.
- The Deliver plan is best for managing multiple projects and comes with 20 templates and time tracking options.
- The Grow plan is ideal for larger teams and comes with additional portfolio and resource management options.
- The Scale plan is best for complex project needs and comes with unlimited templates and advanced cost management options.
Access Teamwork’s Free Forever plan or try out its premium plans for free for 30 days to get started.
Best Nonprofit Project Management Software with Major Focus on Document Sharing and Collaborations
Trusted by top companies like Apple, P&G, NASA, and Pfizer, Smartsheet is a nonprofit project management tool that offers business-driven solutions for you to maintain dynamic but aligned workflows among your team members.
- Collaborations: This work management platform presents you with an array of collaboration features for free. On its workspace that looks like a spreadsheet, you maintain effective communications among your team members, share files and attachments, reminders, and receive notifications on important updates. This tool also allows you to set different levels of permissions, with these levels coming as viewers, editors, and admin.
- Visualizations: Free users have access to multiple visualization options for their projects and tasks. These include the basic calendar and card views to the more advanced Gantt charts for more centralized project management workflows.
- Integration: Smartsheet integrates seamlessly with third-party apps such as Slack, Zapier, DocuSign, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft OneDrive, Google Docs, Microsoft Teams, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Gmail, Dropbox, and Box.
- 30-day free trial on paid plans
- Easy imports from Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Projects, and Google Sheets.
- Accompanying customization options
- Integrations with multiple cloud storage platforms
Alongside the free plan that is entirely dedicated to collaboration through seamless file sharing, you have access to Smartsheet’s services through three paid plans: the pro plan, the business plan, and the enterprise plan.
- The pro plan comes with additional visualization and tracking options.
- The business plan comes with baselining and unlimited automation.
- The enterprise plan comes with native WorkApps, enterprise-grade security, and chargeback reports, among a lot of others.
Access Smartsheet’s free plan or try out its premium plans for free for 30 days to get started.
Most Suitable Work Management Software with Comprehensive Team Communication Channels
- Communication: Bitrix equips you with a vast collection of features to manage your communication among team members. You make use of private or public chats, encrypted one-on-one video calls, video conferencing options for up to 48 individuals, and Email options, among a host of others to facilitate communications.
- Task Management: This project management software also comes with integrated features for your task management workflows. These include capabilities for role assignments, time tracking, task-to-email integrations, quick chat, and video calls, checklists, and integrated recycle bin options. You also have access to the list, kanban, calendar, and timeline views.
- Integration: Bitrix24 offers you access to third-party applications such as HubSpot, WooCommerce, Google Drive, WhatsApp, eBay, AliExpress, JotForm, and RingCentral.
- Integration with Google Drive
- Report builder
- Integrated CRM and Ecommerce management options
Bitrix’s free plan gives you access to a great bulk of its communication solutions. You also have access to sufficient CRM, eCommerce, cloud storage, contact center, and website building features.
Paid plans include the basic plan, the standard plan, and the professional plan.
- The basic plan is best for small businesses and comes with extended task and sales management features.
- The standard plan is best for advanced teams and comes with additional file management and administrator options.
- The professional plan supports unlimited users and comes with business process automation, sales intelligence, and HR solutions, among others.
Access Bitrix24’s free plan or try out its premium plans for free for 15 days to get started.
Cost-Friendly Online Team Collaboration Tool that Offers Extensive List of Integrations and Templates For Free
Launched in January 2007, Todoist is a comprehensive task management platform that has since facilitated the completion of over 1.5 billion tasks across 150 million projects from its millions of trustees worldwide. This platform is trusted by Apple, Facebook, Netflix, and NASA, among a lot of other top companies.
- Integrations: For its free users, Todoist makes a host of native and external integrations available for improved functionality. Alongside dedicated project management integrations, these integrations additionally cut across categories for integrated browsers, voice assistants, file sharing, calendars, automation, productivity, and time tracking. For your project management needs, you enjoy integrations with Ganttify, Jira, Monday.com, Trello, and Zendesk, among others.
- Templates: With Todoist, you also have access to multiple templates to quickly kickstart your project management workflows. You have templates for project tracking, meeting management, accounting, issue tracking, client management, employee onboarding, and software development workflows, alongside a barrage of others.
- Calendar syncing
- Activity log
- Up to 5 collaborators
Todoist’s free plan allows you to manage 5 projects simultaneously and gives you access to a 1-week activity history, labels, prioritization options, productivity trends, and an archive for completed tasks.
Two paid plans are additionally available to you: the pro plan and the business plan.
- The pro plan comes with unlimited activity history, themes, and auto-backups.
- The business plan allows you to manage up to 500 users and offers you priority support and additional administration control.
Access Todoist’s free plan or try out its premium plans for free for 30 days to get started.
Free Dedicated Gantt Chart Generator
- Visualizations: With a particular focus on Gantt charts, TeamGantt lets you effectively plan, schedule, and manage your project on one platform and workspace. However, you also have access to other project visualization options. Calendars for team schedule and availability tracking are accessible by you, as well as the more advanced Kanban boards for proper agile project management workflows. You also switch between these views easily.
- Collaborations: This project management platform also serves as an effective hub for facilitating collaborations between team members. Your team members share projects and tasks, have conversations, and enjoy access to cloud storage through the software.
- Free Gantt charts
- Multiple task management options
- Real-time updates
- Drag and drop editing
- Free trial on free plans
TeamGantt’s free plan allows you to manage one Gantt chart, 60 charts, and three users at a time. You also have access to five labels, receive email reminders, and enjoy multiple file-sharing options.
Other plans include the standard plan and the advanced plan.
- The standard plan comes with additional views and allows you to manage unlimited tasks and Gantt charts.
- The advanced plan comes for portfolio management and project time tracking workflows.
Access TeamGantt’s free plan or try out its premium plans for free for 30 days to get started.
World's First Democratic Project Management Software that Comes with Free Time Tracking Capabilities
- Visualizations: Hive equips you with multiple visualization options which consist of the calendar view and advanced kanban and Gantt chart views. This software goes one extra step and presents you with a project portfolio view. With this, you maintain complete visibility of multiple projects and make appropriate changes to them from one centralized workspace.
- Time Tracking: Unlike a lot of the free tools on this list, Hive offers its free users time tracking and reporting options. Data on project time usage is collated and made visibly available on a centralized dashboard. Reports are generated through this collected data and are made sharable to clients, team members, or other important stakeholders.
- Communication: This project management platform also makes a native chat hub available to you to channel communications between your team members.
- Robust task and project management
- Automated workflows
- Form building and distribution
- Collaborative notes
- Self-service knowledge base
- Two-factor authentication
A free Hive Solo plan lets you manage two users and gives you access to unlimited storage. You also have community support options and have access to all project management and collaboration features.
Hive’s paid plans include the Hive Teams plan and the Hive Enterprise plan.
- The Hive Teams plan is best for teams that need to run multiple projects and comes with unlimited users, unlimited storage, and access to add-ons.
- The Hive Enterprise plan is ideal for teams and companies that need custom project management features and full access to security options and integrations.
Access Hive’s Solo plan for free or try its premium plans for free for 14 days.
Cheap Online Project Management Software that Offers Intuitive Issue Tracking Options
nTask is an online project management software trusted by over 250,000 companies and institutions across 155 countries worldwide, including Harvard University, Apple, PayPal, Walmart, and HP, to mention a few top brands.
- Issue Tracking: Even with a free plan, you engage in effective issue-tracking workflows. nTask allows you to maintain complete and detailed visibility of your tasks, meaning you get to pinpoint bottlenecks within your project management framework and seamlessly take care of them before they have any effect on your project health or progress.
- Meeting Management: With nTask, you also enjoy comprehensive meeting management capabilities. You schedule meetings within the tool, sync meetings with integrated calendars, and make use of agenda and discussion notes to log important points made during meetings. In the same meeting management workspace, you also make follow-up decisions, actions, and set up recurring tasks.
- 14-day free trial on paid plans
- Drag and drop editing
- Time tracking through timesheets
- PDF report export option
nTask’s free basic plan gives you access to 100 MB of cloud storage and allows you to manage 5 members per team and an unlimited number of workspaces and tasks. You engage in meetings and are equipped with timesheets and issues tracking options.
Other pricing plans include the premium plan, the business plan, and the enterprise plan.
- The premium plan is best for startups and SMEs and comes with bulk actions and extended visualizations.
- The business plan is ideal for large corporations with additional risk management and customization options.
- The enterprise plan comes with a dedicated cloud and dedicated account manager, among others.
Access nTask’s basic plan for free or try nTask’s 14-day free trial on its premium plans to get started.
Mac-friendly Project Management Tool with Free File Proofing And Versioning Features
- Time Tracking: Paymo presents you with effective native time tracking options accompanying its free plan. You have mobile applications equipped with this feature, multiple interactive timesheet views, automatic time tracking capabilities, and an integrated online time tracker. You also get to create time reports for sharing to external platforms.
- Visualizations: Your visualization options with a free plan are limited to the list, table, board, and calendar views. Having these multiple visualization options allows you to properly keep track of and manage different aspects of your projects.
- Proofing And Versioning: This project management platform also gives you access to file proofing features, helping with your approval workflows to ensure documents come out just the way you want them to. You also enjoy file versioning options, giving you a chance to track the different stages of files and revert if need be.
- Community support
- Cost management features
- Free trial on paid plans
Paymo’s free plan lets you manage unlimited clients and projects, 100 tasks, and comes with 3 project templates.
Two paid plans are made available to you: the Small Office plan and the Business plan.
- The Small Office plan is best for growing teams and departments and comes with multiple unlimited features and access to active timers.
- The Business plan is designed for large teams and comes with advanced Gantt view options, priority support, and extended employee management features.
Access Paymo’s free plan or try its 15-day free trial on its premium plans to get started.
Online Small Business Project Management Software with Highly Centralized Workspace
Basecamp is a project management software for small businesses dedicated to remote work management, offering solutions to software development teams, freelancers, design teams, educational institutions, and even non-profit organizations.
- Centralized Workspace: Basecamp compiles all your project elements on one workspace. You have a dashboard with immediate access to your message boards, to-do lists, group chats, and schedules. Automatic check-ins can also be managed from this same workspace, alongside the sharing and management of your files and documents.
- Activity Logs: This project management platform also provides you with information about activities within your project management workflows. These activities are seamlessly logged and accessible from the same centralized workspace as other project elements.
- Great for students and freelancers
- Mobile applications
- 30-day free trial
- Cost-friendly paid plan
- Community support
Basecamp’s pricing scheme is as straightforward as it gets: you either opt for a free plan that lets you manage 3 projects, 20 users, and 1GB of cloud storage, or a flat-priced plan with unlimited projects, users, clients, and access to project templates, 500GB of cloud storage, and priority support.
Access Basecamp free plan or try its premium plan for 30 days for free to get started.
13. Toggl Plan
Top-Rated Project Management Platform for Free Project Timeline Management
Toggl Plan is a project management software tool dedicated to creative agencies, consultancies, implementation teams, and other small teams. It offers a host of solutions for effective project planning, resource planning, and task management workflows. This platform is trusted by over 4,000 teams worldwide, including Stripe, Amazon, and Spotify.
- Project Timelines: Called “work timelines” within the application, Toggl gives you visibility into your project timelines, allowing you to create roadmaps and schedules, and maintain close monitoring of them. Roadblocks are quickly identified beforehand and changes are made through intuitive drag-and-drop actions.
- Resource Management: You also have visibility into your project resource usage, giving you a chance to track workload distribution and make appropriate allocations as needed. You have a clear overview of team members’ schedules and also make changes through drag and drop actions.
- 14-day free trial on paid plans
- Sufficient task management options
- Unlimited project timelines
- Email notifications
Toggl’s free Solo plan offers you unlimited workspaces, unlimited milestones, and unlimited tasks to manage. You also have access to a centralized dashboard and unlimited file storage (limited to 10MB per file).
Other pricing plans include the Team plan and the Business plan.
- The Team plan is ideal for small teams and comes with additional time tracking and collaboration options.
- The Business plan is suitable for large teams and comes with data exports, SSO, and priority support.
Access Toggl’s Solo plan for free or try its 14-day free trial on its premium plans to get started.
14. Zoho Projects
Easy-To-Use Project Management Software with Effective Resource Tracking and Billing Features
- Gantt Charts: This Gantt chart software equips you with advanced Gantt charts to visualize and intuitively manage your project workflows, progress, and timelines. With a free plan, however, you only have access to view Gantt charts and not make changes through them.
- Task Management: You also have access to simple task tracking and management features, with these facilitated through intuitive drag-and-drop actions.
- Easy-to-use interface
- 10-day free trial on paid plans
Zoho Projects’ free plan is available for 3 users and allows you to manage 2 projects, attach files of 10MB, and make use of mobile applications.
Other pricing plans include the premium plan and the enterprise plan.
- The premium plan comes with complete Gantt charts and time tracking options.
- The enterprise plan comes with global Gantt charts, team utilization, custom domain, and baselining features, to mention a few.
Access Zoho Projects’ free plan or try out its other premium plans for free for 10 days to get started.
Free Agile Project Management Software that Offers Extensive List Of Integrations
- Visualizations: This agile project management software equips you with list, board, and calendar views, as well as a centralized dashboard to visually represent your project elements and workflows.
- Integrations: Through integrations with over 100 native and external applications, Asana gives you a chance to centralize your workflows and expand your functionalities. Alongside integrations for quality time tracking, you also enjoy dedicated integrations to manage your files, communications, reporting, marketing, sales, and IT workflows, among others.
- Multiple views
- Centralized project summary and overview
- Mobile applications
- Integrated time tracking
Opting for Asana’s free Basic plan gives you access to unlimited tasks, projects, activity logs, messages, and file storage. You also collaborate with up to 15 individuals.
Other pricing plans include the Premium plan, the Business plan, and the Enterprise plan.
- The Premium plan is suitable for teams and comes with extra reporting options.
- The Business plan is ideal for large teams and companies and comes with advanced integrations and portfolio management options, among a lot of others.
- The Enterprise plan is best for large organizations and comes with enterprise-grade security, control, and support features.
Access Asana’s Basic plan for free or try its premium plans for free for 30 days to get started.
Free Project Management Tool that Comes with Seamless Integrations with Google Apps
GoodDay is an all-in-one integrated work management and agile collaboration software trusted by Disney, CocaCola, and Hubspot, among 50,000 other companies worldwide.
- Time Tracking: GoodDay, on its free plan, equips you with effective time tracking options to log your task and project time usage. Alongside regular time reporting, this software provides you with time usage estimates, a feature-rich module for time management, and a built-in timer.
- Integrations: You have access to basic integrations that majorly consist of Google applications (G-Suite, Google Calendar, G-Mail, and Google Drive).
- Custom workflows and task
- custom project types
- Basic support
- 1GB cloud storage
GoodDay is available to you through three plans: the free plan, the professional plan, and the enterprise plan.
- The free plan is suitable for up to 15 members and helps you manage unlimited projects, tasks, and events.
- The professional plan is ideal for up to 250 members and comes with advanced time tracking and task management options.
- The Enterprise plan is best for large organizations and comes with unlimited users, custom branding, and custom API access, among others.
Access GoodDay’s free plan to get started.
Leading Project Management Software Optimized Solution For Proper Project Organization
Focusing on visualizations and customizations, Trello is a project management software trusted by over 1 million users worldwide, including Squarespace and Costco.
- Task Management: Through Trello cards, you properly categorize your checklists, deadlines, attachments, and conversations, among other project elements, so your project management workspace is as organized as it needs to be.
- Automation: Trello offers you a built-in AI-powered tool called “Butler” which helps you create custom buttons to automate tedious and repetitive workflows.
- Integrations: Termed “Power-Ups”, Trello also equips you with integrations with hundreds of native and external applications.
- Mobile applications
- Two-factor authentication
- Custom backgrounds and stickers
- 14-day free trial
Trello’s free plan comes with unlimited cards, unlimited power-ups, unlimited storage, and unlimited activity logs.
Three paid plans are available to you: the standard plan, the premium plan, and the enterprise plan.
- The standard plan is optimized for collaborations.
- The premium plan is best for teams with extended project visibility for tracking and managing multiple projects.
- The enterprise plan is suitable for large organizations with extended permissions and board management options.
Access Trello free plan or try its premium plans for free for 14 days.
Key Features of Free Project Management Tools
The first step in choosing your project management software, regardless of key features, is to determine your needs and how much of your needs a software satisfies.
Just as different businesses have specific project management needs, different project management software tools have different features they offer for free. For instance, while Monday.com allows you to manage only two users on its free plan, ClickUp gives space for an unlimited number of users.
Now, after determining your specific project needs, what are the extra important features of a free project management software to look out for?
Managing projects to success involves the careful control and optimization of the multitudes of elements that make them up. These elements are not easily manageable if they are scattered all around and without context.
Additionally, being presented with bare metrics or numbers representing your project status or progress, among others, does not give a full understanding of what is going on. This is especially so when regular team members are involved. Here is where the need for visualization options comes in.
Through multiple views offered by project management software, you easily visualize your projects, maintain a centralized view of important elements, and keep them properly organized.
Without any need for advanced knowledge, data on your projects, alongside associated tasks, team members, resources, milestones, and communications, among others, are easily understandable.
Visualization options come in different types. They range from the more basic views like the task list view, calendar view for monitoring schedules, and team view, to the more advanced Gantt charts and kanban board views.
Using project management software that provides these advanced views for free gives you sufficient options to comprehensively and intuitively manage your projects.
2. Tracking And Reporting
Although views and dashboards help you track your project, you need more dedicated features for your project tracking workflows. Project tracking capabilities let you know the exact status of your project, identify future roadblocks, and make forecasts, strategies, and estimates on how well to manage your project.
One project tracking workflow that comes with a lot of top project management software for free is time tracking. Through timesheets and intuitive timeline views, time tracking workflows involve the gathering of data on time spent to complete projects or tasks. In other words, the entire time it takes your team members to complete certain workflows from the very start to finish.
Time tracking helps you choose the best individuals that assure you of fast task and project delivery based on proper task assignment. Resource tracking also equips you with the appropriate knowledge for making the best decisions on your resource allocation and management.
Reports on data tracked within your project management framework also give you extra dedicated insights into certain workflows. These reports are then exported for sharing on other platforms.
Project management, especially for businesses, is never complete or effectively executed without a need for communication and collaborations between different individuals. Due to this, any free project management tool you opt for is greatly expected to have sufficient collaboration features.
Collaborations involve communications, interactive workflow editing, and sharing. You ensure that the free project management software you choose offers appropriate solutions for these.
Whether native or from external platforms, integrations are also important to your project management workflow. No project management software, even the top choices in the market, stands alone.
For extended functionalities or more specific workflow execution, integrations with dedicated platforms give you all the solutions you need. You also currently make use of external platforms to facilitate certain business workflows.
To avoid a need to entirely transfer your important documents, continuously switch between platforms, or entirely abandon crucial tools, integrations help you properly centralize your business workflows. Free project management software is expected to offer a certain level of integration for these.
In addition to all these, certain key features to look out for in free project management tools include an option to manage a large number of projects and tasks, mobile application support, customization options, and templates.
Choosing the Best Free Project Management Tool
The best free project management tools should have a rich number of features available to you for free including customer support.
When choosing the best free project management tool for your project needs, your biggest considerations should be the availability of multiple visualizations, tracking and reporting, collaboration, and integration features.
Here is a classification of the best free project management tools according to their best features.
- Pre-Made Templates and Intuitive Interface: Monday.com, ClickUp
- Workflow Automation: Smartsheet, Bitrix24, Hive, Trello
- Time-Tracking Tool: Teamwork, Paymo
- Customization: Wrike, Asana
- Project Timeline Management: Toggl Plan
- Sprint and Project Planning: TeamGantt
- Small Business: Zoho Projects, nTask, Todoist
- Remote Work: Basecamp
- G-Suite Integration: GoodDay
Consider trying any of these project management tools for your project management needs.