20 Best Email Newsletter Software in 2022 (With Free Tools)
With the constant changes happening across social media feeds and search algorithms, one fact is clear – businesses need to own their communication channels. Email is one such channel. A creatively built newsletter can help you engage with your subscribers and drive more leads. We have ranked and reviewed the 20 best email newsletter software and our top 5 choices in this guide.
An email newsletter software allows you to engage subscribers who already know your brand through beautifully crafted newsletters. They help you establish your brand authority and trustworthiness, allowing you to convert more leads into sales.
Once you have the email strategy in place, you need email newsletter software tools to build engaging newsletters and send them to your subscribers.
Best Email Newsletter Software in 2022
Here is the best email newsletter software you should try out for your business.
- Constant Contact
- Campaign Monitor
Best Email Newsletter Software for Small Businesses
Editor’s Take: ActiveCampaign allows you to put the right emails in front of the right people. You can send creative newsletters to stay connected with your subscribers and offer them exactly what they want to see. I would highly recommend this platform for small business owners as it helps you send targeted email newsletters. In addition, you can improve your engagement rate by setting up triggered emails.Try Activecampaign
ActiveCampaign helps you create campaigns, send email newsletters, and stay in front of your audience.
- Email Templates: Get access to more than 125 expert-crafted newsletter templates and make a lasting impression in front of your audience. All these templates are responsive and are compatible with HTML.
- Audience Segmentation: Make your marketing feel more personal and get better results by segmenting your audience based on their activity. Your audience will engage better with your content by giving them the correct information.
- Triggered Emails: Set your newsletter software tools to automatically send emails when your subscribers are most interested. These emails can be triggered based on engagement, site visits, or purchases.
- Email Funnels: Targeted email funnels help you sell more with this marketing software. The email automation service turns your contacts from leads to paying customers.
ActiveCampaign has four plans – Lite, Plus, Professional, and Enterprise.
- The Lite Plan allows you to send email newsletters with more than 125 templates.
- The Plus Plan offers a landing page builder and more than 50 templates.
- The Professional Plan provides website personalization.
- The Enterprise Plan gives you access to free design services.
ActiveCampaign offers a free 14-day trial to its customers where you can use the drag-and-drop email editor, send unlimited emails, and set up marketing automation.
Leading Email Newsletter Platform for Beginners
Editor’s Take: Constant Contact offers everything your business needs to build, grow, and make your business a success. What I love the most about this email marketing platform is how easy it is to create email marketing campaigns for beginners. Constant Contact allows you to create beautiful email newsletters and send relevant messages to the right email subscribers at the right time.Try Constant Contact
Constant Contact offers easy-to-use, advanced features to send creative email newsletters and drive significant results.
- Mobile-Friendly Templates: The drag-and-drop editor allows you to customize your templates and kickstart your campaign. It offers more than 200 templates with greater personalization flexibility.
- Automation: Sending relevant messages to your subscribers can help you gather more clicks. It allows you to automate your emails or newsletters and automatically send them based on their behavior.
- Tracking Tools: The newsletter tracking tools help you analyze who opens, clicks, and shares your emails. This allows you to create more targeted lists.
- Surveys and Polls: Constant Contact helps you learn more about your email subscribers through social media and emails. This helps you create content that your audience will relate to.
Constant Contact has two plans – Core and Plus.
- The Core Plan is a paid plan that offers more than 300 email templates.
- The Plus Plan gives you access to conversion and sales reports.
Constant Contact offers a free 60-day trial to its users, where you can get access to email marketing service, real-time reporting, and list growth tools.
Top Email Marketing Software for Scaling Your Business
Editor’s Take: Sendinblue allows you to create professional email newsletters with easy-to-use tools. You can design your message, personalize your content, choose your recipients, and send newsletters intelligently. I would highly recommend this software for companies looking to scale their business, as it offers a complete marketing strategy. With the ability to build sign-up entry forms and landing pages, you can easily convert your visitors to customers.Try Sendinblue
Sendinblue helps you promote your brand and grow your business with beautifully crafted email newsletters.
- Personalized Content: Use advanced email personalization options and bring your email content to life. You can dynamically add text to your email or newsletters, such as your subscriber’s name.
- A/B Testing: This email marketing software allows you to find the best newsletter template with A/B testing. The machine-learning-powered send-time optimization feature makes sure that your email is sent at the right time.
- Shared Inbox: Use the shared inbox and never lose track of your customer’s email history.
- CRM: By keeping track of all your contact details in one place, you can build stronger relationships with your subscribers. It also helps you send relevant email newsletters, thus driving more engagement.
Sendinblue has four plans – Free, Lite, Premium, and Enterprise.
- The Free Plan allows you to manage unlimited contacts.
- The Lite Plan is a paid plan that gives you access to A/B testing features.
- The Premium Plan offers marketing automation options.
- The Enterprise Plan gives you access to more than 20 landing page templates.
Sendinblue offers a free plan to its users, where you get access to newsletter templates, personalization features, and a mobile-friendly email designer tool.
Best Email Newsletter Tool with Automated Funnels
Editor's Take: ConvertKit offers an email designer for creating simple and beautiful email newsletters. This way, you can focus more on writing and create content that aligns with your new subscribers. The feature I love the most about ConvertKit is how easy it is to create targeted content and send them at the right time. In addition, the email funnel lets you send automated messages and email newsletters to your subscribers.Try ConvertKit
ConvertKit offers a simple tool to grow your business and connect with your subscribers.
- Email Templates: You can create your email or newsletter template or use the ones offered by ConvertKit in just a few clicks. You can save time searching for the best format when inspiration hits by setting a default template.
- Free Delivery: Whenever visitors fill up email signup forms on your website, ConvertKit would automatically email them your newsletter. All you've to do is upload the file, and the software will take care of the rest.
- Automated Tags: This email marketing service automatically tags your subscribers based on their activity. This helps you create more personalized and relevant content.
- Email Funnels: You can create your customer journey with an easy-to-understand process by setting up automated email funnels. You can customize it based on their actions and behavior.
ConvertKit has three plans – Free, Creator, and Creator Pro.
- The Free Plan allows you to send newsletter broadcasts.
- The Creator Plan gives you access to automated funnels.
- The Creator Pro Plan offers advanced features for reporting.
ConvertKit gives you access to a free plan, where you can create unlimited landing pages on your website, send broadcasts, and sell digital products.
Leading Email Newsletter Platform for Creating Smart Email Campaigns
Editor’s Take: Moosend gives you access to all the benefits of email and social media marketing without coding. They help your business deliver powerful and attractive emails that your subscribers click on every time. I highly recommend Moosend for creating innovative email campaigns with automated email templates.Try Moosend
Moosend allows you to build intelligent campaigns that drive results for your website.
- Segmentation: Create highly personalized experiences for your audience by segmenting them based on their behavior. These countless conditional combinations let you hyper-customize your newsletters.
- Actionable Analytics: Maximize your email engagement by tracking opens, clicks, social shares, and unsubscribes. These powerful analytics tools help you build effective marketing strategies.
- Hyper-Personalization: Send your open and click rates through the roof by forwarding newsletters that your subscribers want to read. Smart segments and forms offer next-level personalization for your newsletters.
- Landing Pages: Before you can send engaging newsletters to your customers, you need to get access to their email addresses. Moosend offers a landing page builder and attractive templates to guide users to take relevant action.
Moosend has two plans – Pro and Enterprise.
- The Pro Plan gives you access to automation workflows.
- The Enterprise Plan offers a dedicated account manager for your business.
Moosend offers a free 30-day trial to its users, where you can send unlimited emails, create a landing page, and access automated workflows.
Affordable Email Newsletter Software with an In-Built Delivery Server
Pabbly is one of the leading yet affordable newsletter software tools that allow you to integrate with more than 300 applications.
- MX Cleaner: Pabbly allows you to clean up your email list before sending out a newsletter to your subscribers. This will ensure that all the emails are legit and personalized as per your customer behavior.
- Automatic Follow-Up: Improve your open rate by 2x by sending automated follow-up emails to your subscribers. This helps your business make a mark in the mind of your customers.
- List Management: This newsletter platform allows you to manage all your contacts in one place. The list management feature helps you analyze which subscribers are more active and have a better potential for conversion.
- In-Built SMTP: Make sure that all your emails are delivered to your subscribers on time, with the in-built SMTP feature. Pabbly’s email engine offers an impressive 98% delivery rate.
Pabbly has four plans – Free, Rookie, Pro, and Advance.
- The Free Plan lets you send limitless emails to 100 subscribers.
- The Rookie Plan lets you send email newsletters to up to 5,000 subscribers.
- The Pro Plan allows you to send unlimited emails to 15,000 subscribers.
- The Advance Plan lets you send email newsletters to up to 50,000 subscribers.
Pabbly gives you access to a 7-day free trial, where you can use in-built email newsletter templates, import emails, and access all the features of marketing automation.
Best Email Newsletter Software for E-Commerce Campaigns
MailerLite offers an advanced tool to create, grow, optimize, and automate your email marketing strategy.
- Email Newsletter Templates: Get access to an extensive gallery of custom templates and deliver the best-looking content to your subscribers. Pick a template from the gallery and modify it by adding content directly to the design.
- Subscriber Management: Get all your subscriber details, segments, and interest groups in one place with the subscriber management feature. The intuitive user interface makes adding, filtering, and organizing your list easier.
- Time-Zone Delivery: Make sure that all your email newsletters are delivered at the right time in the right time zone. This helps you boost your engagement rate.
- E-Commerce Campaign: MailerLit offers a suite of e-commerce tools through which you can build long-lasting relationships with your most valuable customers.
MailerLite has two plans – Free and Premium.
- The Free Plan gives you access to mobile-friendly email newsletters.
- The Premium Plan costs around $10 per month. It offers newsletter templates.
MailerLite gives you access to a fully-featured free plan where you can access the file manager, create landing pages, and access subscriber management options.
Top Email Marketing Tool with CRM Data
HubSpot offers simple email marketing and newsletter tools that help you create, personalize, and optimize your emails.
- Email Templates: This email newsletter software offers goal-based templates which you can choose from. These templates help you create beautiful templates that are proven to convert.
- Smart Rules: HubSpot allows you to personalize your emails for more opens and click-throughs. The intelligent rules automatically serve your subscribers' most relevant subject lines, attachments, and CTAs.
- A/B Tests: Use split testing methods to optimize your newsletter campaigns. This email marketing tool helps you identify which content drives more engagement and sales.
- CRM Data: Power up your email marketing campaigns effortlessly with your customer data. This helps you get the most up-to-date contact lists and subscriber preferences.
HubSpot has three plans – Starter, Professional, and Enterprise.
- The Starter Plan offers email marketing options.
- The Professional Plan gives you access to multi-language content.
- The Enterprise Plan allows you to cap your email send frequency.
HubSpot offers a free 14-day trial to its customers, where you can create landing pages, access automation tools, and manage your email newsletter campaigns.
Leading Email Newsletter Application for List Management
GetResponse is a powerful email newsletter platform, allowing you to send newsletters and automate your marketing.
- Autoresponders: Nurture your new subscribers and build a long-term relationship with them by following up regularly. You can do this by setting up autoresponders on the platform. It is one of the best email newsletter tools in the market.
- Email templates: GetResponse offers a library of professionally designed HTML templates that you can select to fit your campaign goals. You can customize these templates with your branding and personalized content.
- Segmentation: Put your subscriber data and behavior to work by building custom segments. You can better personalize your email newsletters by using dynamic content.
- List Management: Organize your list with the help of advanced, data-driven search tools. These help you reach the right people at the right time.
GetResponse has four plans – Free, Basic, Plus, and Professional.
- The Free Plan allows you to send unlimited newsletters.
- The Basic Plan gives you access to email scheduling options.
- The Plus Plan offers marketing automation features.
- The Professional Plan lets you create unlimited funnels.
With GetResponse, you get access to a free plan, where you can create a landing page, build sign-up entry forms, and send unlimited email newsletters to your subscribers.
Best Email Newsletter Platform with Inbox Checker
Benchmark offers one of the most powerful email newsletter tools that are streamlined for the growth of your business.
- HTML Editor: This email newsletter platform gives you access to an easy-to-use code editor. This custom HTML editor offers a live preview with every line of code you add to the platform.
- Pre-Built Templates: Easily deliver your message to your subscribers with the help of beautifully designed newsletter templates. The stunning color schemes help you change the look and feel of the templates.
- Inbox Checker: Benchmark allows previewing your email in different environments before forwarding it to your subscribers. This ensures that there are no broken images or render issues.
- Lead Generation: Build a loyal fanbase that will engage with your messages and newsletters with the help of automations, list builders, surveys, and polls. These tools attract more leads and subscribers, giving you a better chance at conversion.
Benchmark has three plans – Free, Pro, and Enterprise.
- The Free Plan offers simple lead generation options.
- The Pro Plan gives you access to advanced reporting options.
- The Enterprise Plan allows you to white label your email tools.
Benchmark gives you access to a free plan, where you can generate leads, send email newsletters, and get access to basic reporting features.
11. Campaign Monitor
Top Email Newsletter Application with a Link Review Tool
Campaign Monitor offers straightforward email marketing and automation tools to connect with your audience.
- Drag-and-Drop Email Builder: This email newsletter software offers a simple drag-and-drop editor to create email newsletters easily. You can also build a newsletter by choosing one of the professionally-designed templates offered by the platform.
- Personalization: Send highly personalized emails tailored to your subscribers' individual needs. It is one of the most effective ways to increase conversions and build long-term relationships.
- Transactional Emails: Make sure that all your transactional emails are on brand and optimized, just like your regular emails. Campaign Monitor triggers automatic emails based on your subscribers' interaction with your organization.
- Link Review: Campaign monitor offers a link review tool that searches your email newsletters and flags any hyperlinks that might be broken or outdated.
Campaign Monitor has three plans – Basic, Unlimited, and Premier.
- The Basic Plan offers a customizable template library.
- The Unlimited Plan gives you access to the time zone sending feature.
- The Premier Plan offers advanced link tracking options.
Campaign Monitor offers a free trial to its users, where you can access branded templates, launch A/B testing for your newsletters, and create dynamic content.
Affordable Email Newsletter Tool for Creating Drip Campaigns
Gist offers powerful tools and allows you to create beautifully-designed, professional-looking newsletter campaigns to grow your business.
- Email Funnels: Gist allows you to set up email automation for your marketing strategy and build an active email funnel. This, in turn, lets you convert your subscribers from interested leads to paying customers.
- Automatic Resend: Improve your email open and click rate with the automatic resend feature. This email platform automatically resends your newsletters with a different subject line to the subscribers that didn’t open your email earlier.
- Actionable Insights: Get an aggregate view of the performance of your email campaign with metrics including link clicks, opens, delivery rates, spam reports, and unsubscribes. These, in turn, help you improve your marketing strategy.
- Drip Campaigns: Create drip campaigns and automatically send targeted emails to your subscribers. The Gist is one of the top email marketing platforms which will help nurture and engage leads and move them towards conversion.
Gist has three plans – Free Forever, Professional, and Premium.
- The Free Forever Plan offers unlimited conversation history.
- The Professional Plan provides automated chat triggers.
- The Premium Plan gives you access to custom chatbots.
With Gist, you get access to a free plan which offers automated chat triggers, gives you access to one-on-one meetings, and manages multiple websites simultaneously.
Leading Email Newsletter Software with Click Heatmap
SendX is one of the best email newsletter tools in the market. This lets you send unlimited email newsletters, build your list, and automate your marketing.
- Embedded Sign-Up Forms: SendX allows you to create elegant sign-up forms and grow your email list. It offers pre-built, highly converting templates that you can customize with an intuitive form editor.
- Import Contacts: Easily import all your contacts in one place with the help of SendX. This feature allows you to list contacts you might have acquired using third-party marketing automation software, leads ads, or other external mediums.
- Click Heatmap: Get a quick overview of which call-to-action buttons work for your newsletters and the links that people click visually. You can create a different click heatmap report for different types of campaigns.
SendX has two plans – Business and Enterprise.
- You can access the Business Plan for $9.99 a month. It allows you to send email newsletters to unlimited subscribers.
- The Enterprise Plan gives you access to their advanced automation features.
SendX offers a 14-day free trial to its users, where you can create email drip campaigns, access autoresponders, and segment your subscribers based on their behavior.
Best Email Newsletter Tool with a Survey Tool
CleverReach offers a simple yet intuitive email editor, allowing you to design professional newsletters in no time.
- Responsive Templates: Clever Reach offers responsive newsletter templates that automatically adjust to every screen size. These templates offer an optimal display, which ensures better engagement and interaction.
- Bounce Management: The automatic bounce management feature helps you achieve high delivery rates. It blocks all invalid email addresses from your list of subscribers, helping you improve your delivery rate. This, in turn, improves the credibility of your business.
- Marketing Automation: This newsletter application has developed its one automation tool, THEA, which helps boost your sales and allows you to focus on more critical tasks. You can use it to create trigger campaigns, autoresponders, or give reminders.
- Survey Tool: Improve your email marketing strategy by getting direct customer feedback with the help of a survey tool. It allows you to create optimized online surveys for your website within a few minutes.
CleverReach has five plans – Lite, Essential, Flex, Flex Monthly, and Enterprise.
- The Lite Plan allows you to create and send beautiful newsletters.
- The Essential Plan offers advanced reporting features.
- The Flex Plan gives you access to bounce management.
- The Flex Monthly Plan offers conversion tracking features.
- The Enterprise Plan gives you access to responsive newsletter templates.
With CleverReach, you get access to a free plan, where you can personalize your newsletters, import your HTML templates, and access quality assessment features.
Top Email Newsletter Tool for Push Notification Campaigns
Omnisend is one of the top email newsletter software tools, offering powerful and easy-to-use tools that help grow your business without any restrictions.
- Templates: Choose beautiful, on-brand campaigns from Omnisend’s vast library. These templates do not require any coding and can be customized to fit your brand image. You can also set templates to default and save time.
- Ecommerce Workflows: Improve your customer engagement and conversions with the help of pre-built e-commerce workflows. These can help you convert your subscribers, recover visitors, build loyalty, and reactivate your customers.
- Split Testing: Make data-driven decisions and improve your workflows with the help of split testing. It allows you to test which subject line, incentive, or channel works the best and drives more clicks and conversion to your campaign.
- Push Notification Campaigns: Instantly retarget your customer by integrating personalized push notifications into your marketing strategy. Promotional push notifications can help boost your sales with special offers and flash deals.
Omnisend has three plans – Free, Standard, and Pro.
- The Free Plan gives you access to professional-looking HTML email templates.
- The Standard Plan offers a campaign booster feature.
- The Pro Plan gives you access to advanced segmentation.
Omnisend offers a free plan where you can create web push notifications, build landing pages, and give personalized recommendations to your subscribers.
Leading Email Newsletter Platform with Advanced Integrations
Mailchimp allows you to create engaging email newsletters, grow your brand, and sell more through the platform.
- Personalized Templates: This newsletter tool allows you to build beautiful email newsletters with the help of drag-and-drop templates. You can even code your template in the builder.
- Content Optimizer: Grab your new customers' attention with the right subject lines suggested by the subject line helper. The optimizer offers personalized suggestions that can help make your email copy, layout, and imagery more engaging.
- Analysis Reports: Mailchimp gives you access to actionable reports, helping you track your sales and analyze what's working with your email campaign. Analyze where people clicked with the help of click maps and tailor your content to enhance engagement.
- Advanced Integrations: This email newsletter application allows you to connect third-party marketing apps to the platform. This, in turn, helps to boost your sales.
Mailchimp has four plans – Free, Essentials, Standard, and Premium.
- The Free Plan gives you access to marketing CRM.
- The Essentials Plan offers split testing features.
- The Standard Plan gives you access to behavioral targeting.
- The Premium Plan offers advanced segmentation options.
With Mailchimp, you get access to a free plan, where you can access the website builder, create beautiful newsletters, and connect the email platform to marketing CRM.
Best Email Newsletter Application with an Email Verifier
SendPulse is one of the leading email newsletter tools. It offers email marketing, CRM, and automation tools to accelerate your sales and increase profits.
- Tagging: Better organize your email list and send relevant newsletters to your subscribers with the help of tags. Once you have added a tag to your subscriber, the email platform will automatically add it to the contact on all of your mailing lists.
- Subscriber Rating: Easily segment your mailing list by analyzing the activity of your subscribers. By giving them a rating as per their behavior, you will be able to use a personal approach while working with them.
- User Access Levels: Get your entire team on SendPulse and collaborate easily with your email clients and colleagues. This newsletter platform allows you to restrict access to specific platform sections. This can help you contain any confidential information.
- Email Verifier: Improve your delivery rates by quickly verifying emails on your list. This will help ensure that all your emails are sent to legit people. Email verifiers can remove spam traps, addresses with typos, and non-existent addresses from your mailing list.
SendPulse has four plans – Free, Standard, Pro, and Enterprise.
- The Free Plan allows you to build a landing page.
- The Standard Plan gives you access to saved segments.
- The Pro Plan offers an A/B testing feature.
- The Enterprise Plan provides tagging features.
SendPulse offers a free plan to its customers, where you can create automation, store images, and send 15,000 emails every month.
Top Email Newsletter Platform with Sticky Tracking
Ontraport helps you build, automate, and scale your business, allowing you to make better decisions. It is one of the best newsletter software tools in the industry.
- Deep Funnel Conversion: Deep funnel conversion reporting allows you to make better decisions. You can analyze what gets you the most clicks and what CTAs miss the mark badly. It is also one of the best email marketing tools in the industry.
- Controlled Emails: With Ontraport, you can get granular control over the timing of your messages. This means that all your subscribers get the right newsletters at the right time, irrespective of their time zone.
- Advanced Attribution: Leverage Google Analytics data to track lead sources and get an unmatched insight into your campaign’s performance. This tool is a must-have for email marketers.
- Sticky Contact Tracking: Ontraport allows you to identify your visitors at every opportunity. With every link click, login, and matching IP address, you can re-identify them. They can be identified even when they change email addresses or delete their cookies.
Ontraport has four plans – Basic, Plus, Pro, and Enterprise.
- The Basic Plan offers process mapping features.
- The Plus Plan gives you access to automated task management.
- The Pro Plan offers tracked link statistics.
- The Enterprise Plan gives you access to the UTM tracker.
With Ontraport, you get access to a free 14-day trial, where you can automatically track emails, segment your lists into groups, and send unlimited newsletters.
Leading Email Newsletter Tool with Auto-Newsletters
AWeber allows you to reach your goals faster by growing, selling, and engaging with your audience from a single platform.
- Tagging: Send targeted newsletters to the right audience by tagging them based on their actions and behavior. This helps you improve your engagement, open, and click rate.
- Email Designer: AWeber is one of the leading newsletter software tools that let you build custom newsletters from scratch with a drag-and-drop editor. You also get access to a vast library of free stock images, helping you engage your audience better.
- Auto-Newsletters: With AWeber, you can create new newsletters every week automatically. The platform allows you to convert your website’s blog posts into newsletters and send them to your subscribers. This not only improves your website’s traffic but keeps your contacts engaged.
- Email Deliverability: AWeber offers industry-leading email delivery tools, which ensures that all your emails reach out to your subscribers. They control everything end-to-end to ensure that the email is delivered in the inbox and not the spam folder.
AWeber has two plans – Free and Pro.
- The Free Plan offers pre-build newsletter templates.
- The Pro Plan gives you access to advanced email automation features.
AWeber offers a fully-featured free plan to its users, where you can create landing pages, build sign-up entry forms, and access web push notifications.
Best Email Newsletter Software with Templating Language
Mailjet helps you build and grow a successful business by sending meaningful email newsletters that drive more traffic. It is one of the best and most affordable newsletter software tools you can buy for your business.
- Email Template Gallery: The intuitive drag-and-drop builder lets you create beautiful responsive email newsletters. The gallery offers email templates that will display perfectly in all your subscriber’s devices and inboxes.
- Collaboration: Add your entire team to the Mailjet platform and collaborate in real-time. Your team can comment on sections that the editor can later approve. The platform also lets you lock pacific sections of your template to define and protect your brand style.
- Subscription Forms: Build your audience and grow your mailing list with the help of subscription forms. Mailjet lets you create functional and attractive widgets and easily integrate them on your website.
- Templating Language: Mailjet offers template language to customize your messages and trigger the right content for each subscriber. You can also use the language to personalize your newsletters and make your templates more efficient.
Mailjet has four plans – Free, Essential, Premium, and Custom.
- The Free Plan gives you access to an advanced email editor.
- The Essential Plan offers segmentation options.
- The Premium Plan gives you access to dynamic content.
- The Custom Plan provides blocklist monitoring features.
With Mailjet, you get access to a fully-featured free plan where you can access newsletter templates, manage unlimited contacts, and use templating language to improve the efficiency of your templates.
An email newsletter is an email that is sent periodically to update your subscribers on the latest tips, news, or updates related to your products or the services you offer. They are one of the most powerful digital marketing tools that let you communicate directly with your customers in a more personalized manner.
ActiveCampaign is the best email newsletter service in the market. It helps you create beautiful campaigns, send email newsletters, and allows you to stay in front of your audience at all times. In addition, the platform offers more than 125 expert-crafted newsletter templates that make a lasting impression on your subscribers.
Here are the steps to create an engaging email newsletter for your subscribers.
Choose a newsletter tool as per your requirements.
Figure out the goal of your newsletter and select your template accordingly.
Personalize the template by adding your company’s branding.
Set up the size of your newsletter and add in the relevant content.
Add dynamic content and personalization tokens to your newsletter.
Choose an attractive subject line and the name of the sender.
Test your email for any broken links.
Send your newsletter to your chosen subscribers.
Analyze the result and iterate the process.
Here are a few ways to make money from your email newsletters.
Send your audience to your products or services through email newsletters.
Redirect your audience to a free offer that leads to a sale and earn a commission through affiliate marketing.
Get a sponsor for your email newsletter.
Redirect your audience to your website and earn money through promoting your online course platforms.
Promote a webinar through your newsletter and turn your leads into sales using webinar software.
The price of your newsletter software tools would depend upon the size of your business and the number of contacts you need to manage. If you are an entrepreneur or have a small business, the tool would cost you between $9 and $20.
If you have a growing business or are looking to scale up your company, you would need a tool to target and retarget your audience. This would cost you between $25 and $70. If you have a large organization, you need newsletter software that can send unlimited targeted and automated emails. This would cost you between $90 and $200.
The newsletter format would depend upon your audience and your company's industry. Here is a components checklist that composes the best format for a newsletter.
You should include skimmable content.
It should have a strong, engaging subject line.
The newsletter should include social share options.
The content should be educational or informative.
It should consist of a clear call to action button.
Keep the design of your newsletter clean and straightforward.
You should write the content in conversational language.
It would be best if you tried to keep your email newsletters short and skimmable. A 200-word or 20 line newsletter gets the highest clickthrough rates.
Email Newsletter Services Comparison: Which One Should I Choose?
The best email newsletter software tools would depend upon your subscriber list, the number of emails you want to send every month, marketing goals, and the enterprise features your team requires.
- If you are looking for software with customizable email templates, you should try ActiveCampaign, MailerLite, Hubspot, GetResponse, or Omnisend.
- If you want a tool with an advanced segmentation option, you should choose Moosend, Mailchimp, Mailjet, AWeber, or SendPulse.
- In case you are looking for a tool that offers surveys and polls, you can try out Constant Contact, Benchmark, or CleverReach.
- If you are looking for software with A/B testing, you should choose Sendinblue, ConvertKit, Ontraport, or Campaign Monitor.
- If you're looking for a tool with advanced contact list segmentation and management options, you can try Pabbly, SendX, or Gist.
When looking for an email newsletter software for your company, you can compare Mailchimp and Constant Contact. You can also compare ConvertKit and Mailchimp to find what suits best for your business needs.
While buying email newsletter software for your business, you should also look into other aspects of email marketing. We have reviewed the best email marketing software in the industry that can help you get a better return on your investment. If you are just starting, you can check out our free email marketing software review, which can help scale up your business.
In case you are looking to reach a larger audience you can check out our review for the best mass email services available in the market.