23 Best Gantt Chart Software for Project Management in 2022
Nowadays, there’s not much you can do without a Gantt chart when looking to increase productivity, personally or within a team. Here are our picks for the best Gantt chart software:
A Gantt chart software is a well-known project management tool that helps users visualize their project execution, resources, and schedule. You can use a Gantt chart to plan out the entire process of achieving project goals from inception to completion.
These productivity tools can benefit many businesses, regardless of size, and freelancers, which we will explore later. We've compiled the best Gantt chart software for project management in this guide, so continue reading to know more.
Best Gantt Charts for Project Management
Here are our top Gantt chart software programs for project management:
- Zoho Projects
- Easy Projects
- Toggl Plan
- Microsoft Project
- Tom’s Planner
Best Overall Gantt Chart in Project Management Software
Monday.com is our first choice for anyone looking for a Gantt chart software for project management. The platform offers an all-in-one productivity solution with the best customization settings for simple and complicated projects. In addition, Monday provides tools for communication and resource management.Try Monday.com
Monday.com is a well-known multi-functional platform for workplace productivity. Coca-Cola and L'Oréal use the platform, so it's not surprising that it is the best Gantt chart software on our list. Monday.com can create powerful Gantt charts and help you manage your projects and portfolios easily.
- Customization and Project Management Tools: Monday.com offers a wide range of project management and customization tools, including time tracking, automation, task management, and more. You can customize your workflow based on your project or portfolio.
- Multiple Data Views: You can view your entire project as a Gantt chart, map, timeline, calendar, and Kanban. The software features a project dashboard to view progress statuses at once.
- Effective Collaboration: With Monday.com, you can collaborate appropriately with your team. The project management software helps the entire team track progress, reports, approval, and more. This software is easy to use and cuts down the onboarding time for your team.
Monday.com provides a free plan for up to two seats, while the paid plan starts at $10 per month. In addition, there is a yearly discount that allows you to save money on your subscription. Larger businesses need to contact the service for a quote, and there’s a 14-day trial.
Best Gantt Chart Software for Businesses on a Budget
One of the best things we like about ClickUp is its abundance of free features, as the platform offers tons without the paid plans. Furthermore, the platform is highly functional despite the free plan and provides top-notch customization for your Gantt charts.Try ClickUp
ClickUp is an impressive project management platform with simple and efficient tools. The software program makes it easy to manage your business tasks, documents, and aims, as you simplify your work processes.
In addition, ClickUp has a wide range of features that can be hidden when you're not using them, giving you an uncluttered dashboard.
- Extensive Gantt Charts Customization: ClickUp provides lots of room for customization, making it one of the best on our list. You can easily make your views like boards, lists, and boxes. In addition, they provide ClickUp Spaces, which allow you to create your workspace while working.
- Easy Task Management: There are different features on ClickUp that allow teams to manage tasks efficiently. These include task and subtask templates, task assignments through comments and actions, and task actions. Furthermore, the Gantt chart tool has a time tracker and goal tracker.
- Well-known Integrations: ClickUp integrates with over 50 native apps. You get Timesheets, Google Drive, Dropbox, Zapier, Integromat, OneDrive, Box, and others.
Although ClickUp offers an extensive free plan, the Gantt chart is only available for 100 uses. Thus, it's more advisable to purchase the Unlimited plan, which allows you to use the Gantt chart with no limit. The platform offers free training and 24/7 support.
Best Gantt Chart Software for Teamwork
Teams looking for Gantt chart tools with a clean user interface will be impressed by Wrike. We love how project managers can speed up their plans through workflow automation and reporting tools offered by the software. It’s a perfect fit for teams in a dynamic office setting.Try Wrike
Wrike is an impressive project management software used by over 20,000 customers, including Dell and Google. The software offers an interactive Gantt chart, real-time visibility, and different tools to enhance your productivity. Furthermore, they provide flexible payment plans, making it easy for fast-growing businesses.
- Teamwork Made Easier: Wrike makes it easy for teams to collaborate by offering real-time insights, advanced analytics, time tracking, and shareable Kanban boards. The platform has an automated approval system that makes it easy for reports to reach the manager.
- Different Gantt Chart Templates: There are multiple Gantt chart templates provided by Wrike, all of which are highly interactive. The online Gantt chart software allows you to visualize plans, create dependencies, and customize easily with a drag-and-drop interface.
- Multiple Customizations Available: Wrike allows you to customize your dashboard, workflow, request form, and reports based on your business and project. You can use the pre-built templates, which are highly functional for many purposes like Kanban projects, a product launch, and more.
Wrike has a free plan, but the cheapest paid plan is Professional and costs $9.80 per user per month. Large teams or teams with complex needs can contact Wrike for a quote, and they offer plans for marketing teams and professional services teams.
Best Gantt Chart Software for Startups and Small Teams
TeamGantt sets itself apart from the other Gantt chart software in this review, as it is tested and trusted by Amazon, Netflix, and other popular brands. This software focuses on helping businesses streamline workflow and increase productivity, and we really like the clean user interface design.Try TeamGantt
TeamGantt makes effective project management easier with its Gantt charts and other features. It covers resource management and communication and provides a centralized place for you to keep all your tasks, documents, and chats. The Gantt chart is available in the free plan.
- Drag & Drop Scheduling: TeamGantt makes it easy to create a Gantt chart online. This is done by dragging tasks and dropping them into your project. Using the program requires training but once you learn, you can set the chart up within minutes.
- Multiple Views: Asides from Gantt charts, you can view your project in Kanban boards or calendar views. You don't have to recreate the project to do so, and you can switch from view to view with a single click of the button.
- Resource Management Features: TeamGantt comes with an inbuilt resource management feature that allows you to check the availability of your team members before assigning tasks. Team availability is shown on your Gantt chart and can be checked at a glance.
You can get the TeamGantt software for free, but it only allows for one project and 60 tasks. To get unlimited projects and tasks, you must pay the Standard plan at $24.95 monthly. The paid plans come with a 30-day free trial.
Best Gantt Chart Software for User Experience
Teams that want to wipe out the onboarding time completely can do so with GanttPRO. This platform earns a spot on our list with its easy-to-navigate interface and detail-oriented Gantt chart customization. In addition, GanttPRO has a plethora of features for personal and team projects.Try GanttPRO
GanttPRO offers a robust selection of features for efficient project management and collaboration. Depending on your needs, they have plans for personal productivity and team projects. Their Gantt chart creator is primarily known for being highly customizable and visually appealing.
- Detail-Oriented Gantt Chart: GanttPRO allows you to manage your tasks, dates, dependencies, deadlines, and assignees as you customize Gantt charts. The platform enables you to customize the littlest details, and you can switch to other views like board, grid, and portfolio.
- Workload Management Features: There are different workload management and automation features, from auto-scheduling to task time trackers. You can set up a project, personal calendars, and a task hierarchy when working with a team.
- Pre-Made and Custom Templates: GanttPRO offers ready-made professional templates for various industries and purposes, with predefined Gantt charts. But, you can create your template, save it and use it for as long as you wish.
There are three paid plans at GanttPRO, one for individuals who want to improve their productivity. Larger businesses can contact the service for a quote and get advanced management and security. All plans come with a 14-day free trial.
Best for Team Administration
SmartSheet is another of our Gantt chart software options, but it stands out from others in the market. The online Gantt chart software makes governance and administration easier by providing different controls and settings for the project manager.
You can use their Gantt charts in all fields from sales and software development to marketing, IT, and human resources.
- Easy to Use and Create Gantt Chart: Smartsheet comes with a top-performance Gantt chart that teams can learn how to use through their instructional videos. The videos show how you can get the most out of the Gantt chart. After watching the videos, you will know how to create a project roadmap, share your chart with team members and clients outside the platform, and more.
- Task Management Tools: In real-time, you can edit the due dates, task details, task assignees, and task duration, create a network of previous tasks and milestones, and even color-code the tasks to locate them quickly.
- Teamwork and Management: Project managers can easily benefit from Smartsheet, as it allows them to track projects and tasks, make changes, and use a Hierarchy feature to create sub-tasks. It’s super easy to monitor team members and assign tasks to them.
Smartsheet does not have any free plans, and the plans start from $9 per user per month. However, users can get a discount if they pay yearly, and the Enterprise plan is for large businesses who have to contact the service for a quote.
Best for Scalability
Teamwork is an impressive Gantt chart software that can be used by agencies, freelancers, and enterprises. The service offers three products: Teamwork Projects, Teamwork Desk, and Teamwork Chat, and they can all be merged to improve productivity and collaboration.
In addition, they recently added the Gantt chart feature due to popular customer demand, and it is highly flexible and easy to use.
- Task Management within Gantt Charts: Teamwork allows you to color code and assign tasks to different team members in the Gantt chart view. The program has a versatile drag-and-drop feature, making it easy to create a relationship between the tasks on the chart.
- Easy to Monitor Projects: The software automatically highlights invalid task dependencies and allows you to set high priority and non-functional tasks. In addition, you can manually change the progress meter and get a zoom-in view of your entire tasks and milestones.
- Many Popular Integrations: There are different integrations on Teamwork that improve its use, including Google Calendar, Gmail, Box, Dropbox, Hubstaff, Slack, Harvest, HubSpot, and Time Doctor.
Teamwork has a free plan for individuals, freelancers, and small teams, while the paid plans start at $10. Larger businesses can use the Scale plan by requesting a quote, and all paid plans come with a fantastic 30-day free trial.
Best for Keeping Projects on Track
Zoho Projects is another well-known software with over 35 million users and top-notch Gantt chart functionality. Their Gantt chart features are flexible and make it easy for you to stay on track when working on a project. It also comes with automation and time tracking.
- Responsive Gantt Charts: Zoho Projects comes with flexible Gantt charts that any business can use. You can customize it to create your project plan and track tasks too. The charts show your essential tasks and dependencies and allow you to set your progress plan. If you deviate from your planned progress, the software will indicate this.
- Workflow Automation: This Gantt chart software allows users to save time on their daily tasks. You can automate simple processes and complex tasks using the drag-and-drop interface.
- Time Tracking Features: It’s easy to track billable hours with Zoho Projects and create a timesheet report. The Zoho Invoice feature will automatically generate an invoice to send to managers.
Zoho Projects is highly affordable, with pricing plans between $0 and $10 per user per month. If you pay yearly, you can save up to 20%. In addition, the service offers a 10-day free trial, and no credit card is required.
Best for Team Communication
Asana is not usually considered a Gantt chart software, but it has a Timeline feature, which does the same job. Their Gantt chart visualizes your product scheduling, task data, due dates, and more.
In addition, Asana offers top-notch project management features, workflow automation, and customization and allows you to share information with your team every step of the way.
- Unique Gantt Chart Feature: The Timeline feature on Asana sets it apart from other options on our list. You can build a Gantt chart within minutes, connect tasks, deadlines, and dependencies, share plans with team members and adjust or update the chart whenever needed. Furthermore, the software allows users to upload spreadsheets and turn them into Gantt charts.
- Reporting and Monitoring Features: Asana has brilliant reporting features and allows project managers to monitor their team progress or workload. You can see what your entire team is working on from a centralized location.
- 200+ Integrations: There are over 200 apps integrated into Asana, so you don’t have to move from app to app. These include Google Calendar, Dropbox, Outlook, Slack, Google Drive, Office 365, Jira Cloud, Box, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom.
Asana offers three payment plans, and the free plan already allows for unlimited tasks, projects, messages, file storage, and activity log. But, you don’t get Timeline (Gantt chart) until you use the paid plans.
Best for Time and Expense Tracking
nTask is a top-notch project management tool with many features and solutions for individuals and teams. The software is straightforward to use with no confusing mechanisms, hidden features, or complex functionality, so a team can learn how to use it in a few days.
Their Gantt chart is straightforward and self-generating, taking a lot of work off your shoulders.
- Engaging Gantt Chart Feature: You can easily create Gantt charts with nTask as it reduces your workload with its self-generating format. The tool is visually precise and allows you to add tasks, schedule tasks and due dates, set task dependencies, create subtasks, and track budgets. In addition, the chart can show you a summary of your identified project risks, and you can share it with team members or those outside the app.
- Project Management Tools: Asides from the Gantt chart, nTask comes with many other interactive project and task management features. These tools allow you to set milestones, resource allocation, financial summaries, and project planning.
- Tracking Tools: nTask offers time and expense tracking, so you can track billable hours and other monetary resources. You can simply input your resources and calculate the total project cost.
nTask offers a 14-day free trial and a free plan for individuals and small teams. But, users don't get the Gantt chart unless they purchase the paid plans. There is the Enterprise plan for large businesses, but you need to request a quote.
Best for Team Collaboration
ProofHub is a fantastic choice for growing businesses and remote teams that want to increase their productivity. The tool combines project management with team communication and collaboration, leaving you with a series of powerful features. For example, their Gantt charts will help you speed up your workflow and reduce project delays.
- Clear and Concise Gantt Charts: You can set dependencies, quantify task progress, and see a concise view of the entire project timeline. With ProofHub, you can set project schedules and assignments with team members. In addition, the software allows you to export Gantt charts to parties outside the app.
- Multiple Views: ProofHub offers many other views from Gantt charts, including a table view, kanban boards, tasks, custom roles, and custom workflows. You can easily switch the view without making any edits.
- Multiple Integrations: There is a wide range of integrations available in ProofHub, making it easy for you to use other apps without leaving the software. These apps include FreshBooks, QuickBooks, iCal, Google Drive, Outlook, Box, Google Calendar, Dropbox, and more.
ProofHub offers two payment plans, and you can look out for discounts when you join. The prices are not billed per user, so you pay once for your entire team and clients. The plans come with a free trial.
Best for Freelancers and Small Businesses
Paymo is another top-notch application that provides a Gantt chart, and it's especially ideal for small businesses and freelancers. Its project management features come with different functionalities that cut down the use for other apps. For example, the Gantt chart helps track your budgets and visualize your projects.
- Multiple Management Tools: Paymo comes with tools for managing tasks, resources, projects, teams, and finances. You can personalize the Gantt chart platform to meet your needs, and it comes with a flexible dashboard. In addition, the software provides time trackers, and it can set up timesheets and reports.
- Bird’s Eye View on Gantt Chart: The Gantt chart offers a clear picture of your project plan and makes risks clear. You can simply set it up with the start and end date, add tasks with drag and drop, assign tasks, check their progress, and create task dependencies.
- Custom Workflows: Paymo allows you to create and map out custom workflows depending on the project you’re working on. You can create and automate project templates and milestones.
Paymo offers an impressive two-month free trial for those who pay annually, and you don't need to submit your card. In addition, there’s a free plan for 10-person teams, but Gantt charts are offered in the paid plans alone.
Best for Setting Task Relationships
InstaGantt is an impressive task management tool and is popularly known as an Asana alternative. The software comes with a wide range of features for quickly creating and operating a Gantt chart module. This Gantt chart creator offers easy task setup, scheduling, setting milestones, user assignment, modification in workflows, and more.
- Easy Set Task Relationships: The Gantt chart offered by InstaGantt makes it easy for users to set task relationships and dependencies. With the chart, you can reassign tasks between users and alter assignments. In addition, you can create timelines and plans, and manage projects within in-house and remote teams.
- Export And Embed: If you want to show your Gantt chart to outside parties, you can export the charts as spreadsheets and images and then embed them.
- Workload Management Feature: This allows users to manage their team and resources more efficiently. For example, project managers can view what their team members are working on and their available resources, making it easy to balance the workload.
InstaGantt provides a 7-day free trial on all its paid plans. After that, there is a team and single subscription; and a discount when you pay yearly. Both paid plans come with Gantt charts too.
14. Easy Projects
Best for Team Management
Easy Projects is next on our list of Gantt chart software and offers an impressive set of easy-to-use team management tools. This allows for practical project management and execution when working with a team. The Gantt chart is easy to use with its drag-and-drop interface.
- Multiple Data Views: There are different ways for you to display your project data, including Gantt charts. You can use the table, calendar, and Kanban boards. There is a hierarchy feature too, for complex projects.
- Easy to Manage Teams: Easy Projects allows you to manage your team by assigning tasks and adding dependencies. Based on the task assignment, you can see the available users and give them more tasks.
- View and Monitor Projects: You can see the process and progress of a project, the duration of the project, and the date of the anticipated handover in one place.
Easy Projects comes with an impressive 14-day trial and two paid plans. The Team plan is billed annually, and the Enterprise plan requires you to contact the service for pricing. In addition, you can request a demo to learn more about how to use the platform.
15. Toggl Plan
Best for Visual Aesthetics
Toggl Plan is well-known for being highly visually attractive, although having a great design is not all that the platform offers. This software comes with a brilliant Gantt chart designed similarly to Project Planner and Microsoft Project. You can efficiently run Toggl Plan for free to test its beautiful Gantt charts.
- Clutter-Free UI: Toggl Plan does not only have an attractive design, but it features a user-friendly, clutter-free interface. There are many functions within each button, and you can easily use them to set project timelines, task dependencies, task priority and more.
- Public Access Link: This is one of the top features of this software and is connected to your online Gantt charts. You can send your Gantt charts to third parties and other stakeholders without them having to sign up.
- Collaborate with Team Members: Toggl Plan makes it easy for you to collaborate with team members in real-time, as project managers can oversee and manage project dependencies and timelines.
Toggl Plan offers a 14-day free trial, but there is no free plan. The most affordable plan costs $9, and there is a 10% discount on annual billings. Both plans allow for a Gantt chart.
Best with Resource and Project Management Tools
Microsoft Project is a popular project management software, although the Gantt chart is not the primary feature. Instead, Microsoft Project offers a Critical Path Method, which is the basis of Gantt charts, and other workflow-related features. In addition, there are other tools for project management and strategic planning.
- Project Management Features: Microsoft Project provides tools for managing resources, planning budgets, project timelines, and other project planning. Project managers can easily monitor progress when working with a team. Furthermore, team members can update tasks simultaneously, which is a useful feature for remote teams.
- Easily Track Projects: This is possible using Microsoft Project’s detailed reporting system. The feature allows managers to overlook and monitor multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Free Templates: Microsoft Project comes with a wide range of templates that you can use immediately for startup projects.
Microsoft Project comes with different plans for cloud-based and on-premises solutions. The plans are billed per user per month, with the starting price at $10. There is a demo that you can try with other team members.
Best for Mobile Compatibility
Agantty is a project and time management tool known for constantly updating and improving its features without increasing the prices. Their free Gantt chart creator is one of the main features which increases productivity and makes reporting easier. It’s downloadable on iOS and Android devices via the App Store and Google Play.
- Clean Minimalistic UI: Agantty has a simple user interface that makes it easier for users and teams to get started. You can divide between Gant charts, work boards, and to-do lists, and tasks are well arranged without overlapping each other.
- Easy Project Management: Project and time management are quickly done with Agantty. You can easily use the time tracking feature and record billable hours. In addition, the software provides priority reporting and client resource management.
- Ideal for Freelancers: Agantty is well-designed for freelancers who want to collaborate with Kanban boards, track billable hours, and need a client management portal. The Gantt chart app makes it easy for on-the-go usage.
Agantty is offered for free without any hidden costs, so you can use the free Gantt chart software with your team without paying. But if you want to add extensions and add-ons, you need to pay extra. These include time tracking, day views, and exports.
18. Tom’s Planner
Best with No Learning Curve
Tom's Planner is a popular and brilliant Gantt chart software, which is easy and quick to use. Although it does not come with many other features aside from the chart, it’s an ideal solution for small businesses who need a Gantt chart alone. Tom's Planner is super easy to use with no learning curve, and you can build it in a minute.
- Easy to Build Gantt Chart: The Gantt charts are created with a drag and drop feature, and can be easily shared with others. Also, the software allows you to zoom in and view what team members are doing, and you can zoom out for a bird’s eye view.
- Versatile Use: The Gantt chart is ideal for personal, professional, and enterprise use. The features allow project managers to list resources and activities and assign them to team members. Furthermore, you can move milestones and tasks to the Gantt chart.
- Interesting Features: Other fun and interesting features come with Tom's Planner. For instance, you can assign icons to milestones, resources, activities, and more, to easily find them. Tom's Planner also comes with color coding for tasks.
Tom's Planner provides a free plan for personal use, while the paid plan starts at $9.95 monthly. You can save 25% when you pay annually and 50% with a corporate account.
Best for Project Visibility
Another recommended Gantt chart software is Mavenlink, a well-known project management tool that provides dynamic Gantt charts. Their interactive Gantt chart improves your project visibility by clearly representing your timeline. In addition, it is easy to use the software in managing tasks and project milestones.
- Highly Visual Gantt Chart: The Mavenlink Gantt chart is easy to create with a drag-and-drop interface and is highly visual. You can easily create task dependencies, compare project timelines against one baseline or plan and reset or change deadlines and milestones on the chart. And, you don’t lose any of your information since it is all saved to the cloud.
- Task Management Tools: Mavenlink provides tools for project and resource management and team collaboration. These tools include project accounting tools and workflow automation that prevents repetitive tasks. Reporting tools are also available, making it easy for teams to work together.
- Time Tracking Features: You can use the time and expense tracking features to keep track of billable hours and create an invoice. This feature makes it easy for teams to meet deadlines and managers to organize invoices.
Mavenlink builds your pricing plan based on the industry your business is in, like advertising, IT, marketing and the likes, the company or team size, and headquarters location. After submitting the information, you will be given their pricing plans and can choose one that works for you. Then, you can contact their support team for more details.
Best for Free Features
Unlike other Gantt chart software programs on our list, Bitrix24 is known for providing a Gantt chart with free unlimited projects. In addition, the free Gantt chart software allows you to create task dependencies for free on the application. In its entirety, Bitrix24 is a work management and communication tool with an easy-to-use interface.
- Create and Export Gantt Charts: Bitrix24 comes with an easy to create Gantt chart which supports leads and lags for task dependencies. You can make the chart in any format, whether start to finish, start to start, finish to start, or finish to finish. The software displays the progress of multiple projects on the chart too. You can export the chart to Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
- Ideal for Team Communication: This Gantt chart software makes collaboration easier, as its user interface is set up with tasks on the left side and team members on the right. You can easily communicate with team members and assign tasks to them.
- Cloud Storage and Mobile Compatibility: Bitrix24 offers 5GB of storage on the Bitrix cloud, so none of your information is lost as long as you back it up. The software is downloadable on Android and iOS devices and offers open-source code and APIs.
Bitrix24 has a free basic version that can take up to 12 users, with free unlimited projects and Gantt charts. But businesses might require more features with the paid plans, which start at $19 per month.
Best for Issue Tracking
Celoxis is one of the most robust Gantt chart software programs out there, with extensive support services. The software is primarily known for its project and project request tracking, making it easy for managers to stay on top of their teams. Furthermore, their Gantt chart features are highly interactive and quick to analyze.
- Project and Request Tracking: With Celoxis, you can put project requests from different sources in one place, sort them out based on KPIs and match demand with capacity. You can check if you are on track with their color indicators and critical path analysis. The customizable dashboard includes information on your milestones, projects, and tasks.
- Accounting Tools: Budgeting and managing resources are easier with Celoxis, which offers time and expense tracking, profit and margin tracking, custom financial KPIs, and revenue forecasting. There are tools for resource management, making it easy to allocate resources depending on the member's demand, availability, and skills.
- Support Services: Celoxis offers impressive support services for its clients to get started quickly. These include onboarding programs, robust documentation, a knowledge base, training modules, an online community, and email support.
Celoxis only has two payment plans, which are for cloud and on-premise. The cloud plan is billed per user per month, while on-premise is billed once but still calculated per user. There is no free plan, but the plans allow for free support, free clients, and virtual users and offer each user 2GB of space on the cloud.
Best for Simplified Features
Clarizen is another excellent way to enhance your management within a team, as it offers an extensive set of simple and powerful features. For one, the project management solution provides an impressive Gantt chart that makes it easy for teams to collaborate and streamline multiple projects, allowing for better tracking and monitoring.
- Flexible Gantt Charts: Clarizen provides flexible and simplified Gantt charts that managers can use to track activities, project items, and milestones. The software provides color-coding for representing the different tasks, milestones, and project progress, and you can create dependencies between all items.
- Easy to Create and Update: Asides from quickly adding and editing the project workflow using the drag and drop mechanism, the Clarizen Gantt chart provides a grid view which makes it easier to view changes. There are also stretch bars used to rearrange work items and adjust the dates.
- Share Gantt Charts: Clarizen makes it easy for you to share your Gantt charts as a link in an email or a view-only widget. For example, you can print out your work plan as a Gantt chart and add the chart to web pages in a view-only form. This provides the project progress report to third parties in real-time.
There are two payment plans available at Clarizen: Enterprise and Unlimited. You need to request pricing for either one of the plans, although Unlimited offers more for businesses. You can request a demo version to learn how to use it, and Clarizen can add features to your plan on-demand.
Best for Customer Usability
Workzone is the final software on our list, and it is well-known for providing its customers with an easy-to-use, intuitive design. On-boarding is even easier as the software provides unlimited training to its users. The Gantt software is integrated into all its project views and balances complicated and lightweight tools. In addition, Workzone has extensive reporting features for better teamwork and team management.
- Auto Generating Gantt chart: While you can create your Gantt chart manually, you can also create tasks and projects on other boards. Then, transfer them to the Gantt chart view, and it would automatically generate and present a visual workflow. The chart provides you with a view of all project timelines in a structured manner.
- Easy Switch Between Views: With Workzone, you can easily switch from one view to another aside from the Gantt chart. You can check a structured list of all your projects by going to the list view or review your schedule through the calendar view, all of which is accessible with one click. The Gantt chart comes with a color-coded status alert to keep users on track.
- Team Management Tools: These features allow you to see team members responsible for tasks, those who are running late, and projects that are still following schedule. The platform gives you an expansive view of all your team members and their responsibilities.
As for pricing, Workzone offers three plans based on 15 users each. You can get a discount if your team consists of more than 15 users since each plan is billed per user per month. The most affordable plan is Team, and it comes with a Gantt chart. All plans come with unlimited support and free training.
Key Features of Top Gantt Chart Software
When choosing a top Gantt chart software, you need to look for key features. Usually, a Gantt chart should be simple and basic, but it must have substance and essential elements like tasks, starting and due date, milestones, and more.
Here are some key features you should look out for when reviewing Gantt chart software programs.
1. Critical Path
For one, a Gantt chart should show the project's critical path to qualify as a good one. This includes the start and end date of the project's timeline and where the milestones exist in the entire timeline.
2. Task Dependencies
A Gantt chart shows users the dependencies that link one task to the other. This means that you might have to complete task A to carry on with task B, making the latter dependent on the former (finish to start).
This helps the team set their priorities and visually represent the plan. Dependencies are labeled with start to start, finish to finish, finish to start, and start to finish.
3. Ability to Switch Views
You can't view everything on a Gantt chart, so it's always better when you can switch views from the chart to other formats like list, grid, calendar, schedule, and more. Then, you can adequately understand the Gantt chart and add other information with another view.
4. Team Management Tools
A Gantt chart needs to come with team management tools. Within the chart, users should assign tasks to team members at every step of the project.
This helps if the software shows which team members are available for more tasks and how much the team has achieved. In addition, some software programs will include progress tracking and indicate when a user is going off course.
5. Communication Features
A Gantt chart should help you communicate with your project team. Communication is an excellent way to keep everyone in the loop and motivated, and an online Gantt chart can serve this purpose.
The chart should allow every team member to receive progress reports as the chart is updated, view the list of tasks, and know who is on track to meet their deadline. This helps reduce misunderstanding and increase teamwork.
6. Possible Customization
Finally, it’s essential to use a Gantt chart customized to meet your needs. The more detail-oriented the Gantt chart is, the easier it will be for you to meet your team's needs.
This would be easier for you to present a visual presentation to the higher-ups and other stakeholders who want to be updated about the progress.
Gantt chart software is a program that offers a Gantt chart but with more advanced features like team assignment, availability and communication, task dependencies, and alternative views like calendars and lists. The software can be cloud-based or web-based, and sometimes, it can be downloaded on mobile or used on a desktop.
Gantt charts can help teams track results, increase productivity and improve communication, and offer more specific benefits, including:
– Monitoring team members and checking task accountability.
– Checking project progress and each task within the project.
– Checking which activities have been completed and which one was planned.
– Setting milestones and task dependencies.
– Conducting resource management and budget planning.
– Gaining a clear view of the project’s critical path.
A Gantt chart is a visual demonstration set on a given timeline that shows the task progress. The chart is similarly designed to a bar chart and will show you which tasks or activities need to be planned and by who.
The Gantt chart was created by Henry Laurence Gantt and was an impressive innovation in the 1920s. He designed the charts between 1910 and 1915, and they were designed by hand for a long time. But now, modern technology makes it possible for you to do this with a couple of clicks.
Gantt charts are widely used by people that have a project to execute and need a tool to help them organize and plan the tasks. Those who need help with staying organized and keeping their team on track also use Gantt charts.
Small teams, businesses, and freelancers also use Gantt charts to manage teams and automate their work, without having to follow manual processes. Remote teams also use Gantt charts since they make it easy to collaborate.
Gantt charts can be too complex, making them difficult for you to understand. In addition, you need to update it constantly, and it can’t be seen on a small screen. As a result, a Gantt chart falls short when viewing your resources and managing them.
A Gantt chart is designed with rows and columns while the bars move horizontally. The bars stand for projects or tasks listed on the left-hand column. How long the bar is will show how far you have gone in your schedule.
You can get project management software with a Gantt chart to save time building your own. However, while you can learn how to draw a chart on paper, it would be difficult to get this done and take a long time.
If you're working on a project with a team, or you simply want to improve your productivity, then you can do well with a Gantt chart.
Good software can cost as low as $3 per user per month. In addition, many of these software programs come with a free plan, discount for annual billing, and many free features.
You can present your data in a Gantt chart in Excel, although getting a proper Gantt chart software will provide you with more features for productivity and team collaboration.
Which Online Gantt Chart Tool Should I Try?
Anyone can use a Gantt chart to improve productivity by getting a top project management tool, whether for individual or team projects. These tools come with extra and unique features that you can’t get when you build your chart yourself.
Gantt chart software offers an incredible amount of features for topmost productivity, as long as you choose the right one.
That said, here are our top Gantt chart creators:
If you need more resources to help you choose, you can read our comparison reviews of various Gantt chart tools, including: