21 Best Online Project Management Software of 2022
If you’ve been searching for a cloud-based project management app to help you better manage your employees, you’ve come to the right place. We’re going to be breaking down and comparing some of the best online project management tools of 2021.
Something to take into consideration when making your choice is the specific needs of the team or department you’re managing. There are many useful features that cloud-based project management apps provide, such as getting daily updates, tracking time, and file sharing.
By choosing an app from our comprehensive list of team management apps below, you can further optimize your team’s workflow and ensure productivity and timeliness.
Let’s go over some of the key features and pricing breakdowns for our list of 21 best online project trackers.
Best Online Project Management Software
Online Project Tracker with Premade Templates
With more than 125,000 companies using Monday.com to manage their day-to-day tasks and projects, this cloud-based tool is a great option for teams working in any niche.
Monday.com’s Key Features
- Gantt Chart: Similarly to other online project tracking apps, Monday.com offers a Gantt chart feature to help you plan and execute projects more efficiently. You can easily monitor everyone’s tasks and capacities, all while tracking milestones and ensuring delivery of your project on time.
- Automation: Another great perk of using this online project management app is the fact that it offers automation, which is entirely code-free. You can easily automate many things, including status updates, email notifications, and dependencies.
- Dashboards: If you enjoy customizing your dashboards, you’ll love using this project management software. If you have a remote team, this also makes it convenient for them to collaborate. Customized dashboards can be used to track progress, budget, and timelines.
- Docs: If your team relies on sharing information quickly, Monday.com will come in very handy since it allows you to create and share documents, embed boards into it, add images, videos, and much more.
Monday.com offers five different plans, including one that is free. These plans are Individual Plan, Basic Plan, Standard Plan, Pro Plan, and Enterprise Plan.
While the Individual Plan is great for teams of two people, the Basic Plan (which costs $8 per seat per month) is perfect for bigger teams in need of cloud-based project management software. The Standard Plan costs $10 per seat per month, and it is their most popular plan.
You don’t need to input your credit card information to start a free trial, so there’s zero obligation.
Try out Monday.com for free today.
Online Project Management Tool That Has Goal Reminders
Another great solution for online project tracking is ClickUp – an excellent app that has many useful features such as goal reminders and lets you simultaneously manage several projects at once.
ClickUp’s Key Features
- Views: ClickUp offers three different options for managing and monitoring your project and tasks. The three views available for users are Core View, Advanced View, and Page View.
- Goal Reminders: Everyone knows how important it is to stick to deadlines and actually finish your projects on time. This cloud-based project management app allows you to set reminders for your goals so that you never miss a deadline again.
- Prioritization: This app lets you sort, search, and filter between your tasks, therefore letting you focus on what’s important at that moment.
- Integrations: ClickUp can be integrated with 57 apps, so this is particularly useful if you already have apps that your team is using every day. You can integrate ClickUp to work together with Slack, GitHub, Everhour, and more. You can also sync it up with Google Calendar.
ClickUp provides a free plan that seats up to five people, gives you unlimited tasks and customizable views.
They also offer four different paid plans, including Unlimited Plan, Business Plan, Business Plus Plan, and Enterprise Plan. If you’re managing a small team, the Unlimited Plan is perfect for you, and it costs only $5 per user per month.
However, if you’re working with a bigger team, you can opt for the Business Plan ($9 per member per month), or if you’re managing several teams, the Business Plus Plan ($19 per member per month).
You can try ClickUp for free for 30 days without any obligation to see whether it’s a good fit for your team and your needs.
Sign up for a free trial right away.
Great Choice for Online Project Management With Instant Messaging Feature
If you’re looking for an app to help your team collaborate better, Teamwork might be the perfect solution for you. It’s trusted by more than 20,000 companies worldwide.
Teamwork’s Key Features
- Time-Tracking: This feature is definitely a very beneficial addition to any project management app. It allows you to fully understand what each team member spends their time on so that you can manage their responsibilities better.
- Integrations: Teamwork can be integrated with apps that you might already be using on the daily, including MS Office, TaskClone, and Slack.
- Milestones: Nothing is more important than making sure your project is delivered to your client on time. By tracking milestones, you can ensure timely delivery and productivity all across the board.
- Instant Messaging: This feature is crucial for any team that heavily relies on daily communication. By having an online project tracker with built-in messaging, you can practically eliminate any chance of miscommunication.
Teamwork is a great choice for smaller teams or those who are working on a budget because it offers a free forever plan.
However, if you’re managing several departments or projects, the Deliver Plan might be a good option – it costs $10 per user per month if billed annually. Another great choice is the Grow Plan, which costs $18 per user per month when billed annually.
Teamwork does not require you to input your credit card information, and it lets you cancel at any time. They offer a 30 day period for you to try out any paid plan and all its features.
Try Teamwork for free right away.
Robust and Versatile Online Project Management Tool That Enhances Communication
Another excellent cloud-based project management app is Wrike. For those who enjoy customizing their workflow, this Kanban-based app is perfect because it lets you make adjustments and changes within the app itself.
Wrike’s Key Features
- Customization: With Wrike, you can customize virtually anything you’re using within the app. You can color-code your projects, add comments to documents, videos, and sections.
- Communication: This highly intuitive app lets you find information quickly and make decisions right then and there, which eliminates the chances of any miscommunication occurring within your team members.
- Scaling: What makes this app unique is the fact that it provides features that are crucial for the development and growth of your business. You can export relevant company data, create reports, custom fields, as well as customize workflows and dashboards.
- Collaboration: Wrike lets you share files, reports, and tasks instantly. You can also automate your approval system and utilize visual proofing to collaborate better with your team.
If you want to centralize your task management system, Wrike offers a free plan for teams who are just getting started in the business.
They also offer three different paid plans – Professional Plan, Business Plan, and Enterprise Plan. Their most popular plan is the Business Plan, which costs $24.80 per user per month. This plan lets you fully customize their platform for a team of any size.
Wrike offers a 14-day free trial that you can use to discover everything they have to offer. If you end up enjoying this app, you can upgrade to a paid plan at any moment.
Try out Wrike today.
Great Choice For Managing Everything At Once – Projects, Tasks, Contacts
Scoro’s Key Features
- Time Management: Scoro offers features such as shared calendars, timesheets, and a built-in time tracker. These features allow you to see what everyone is spending time on therefore letting you manage their time better.
- Automation: If you make any changes to your linked tasks, they will be automatically applied to all users. This helps you save time and focus on other priorities.
- Real-time Gantt Chart: You can track progress in real-time using this feature. If there are any changes happening, you will be updated in real-time, and you will be able to quickly adapt to these updates.
- Goal Tracking: When using Scoro, you can track both your personal goals and your team’s goals. This makes it easy to make sure you reach your monthly and yearly goals.
If you happen to be managing a smaller team and you’re in need of an online project management tool, Scoro offers an Essential Plan, which costs $26 per user per month.
They also offer three other paid plans, which are Work Hub Plan, Sales Hub Plan, and Ultimate Plan. Compared to other cloud-based project management tools, Scoro is a bit pricier.
However, they do offer a 14-day trial, which lets you try out everything they have to offer before you decide whether you want to invest in their app.
Try out Scoro right away.
Sophisticated Cloud-Based Project Management Tool With Advanced Security Features
Smartsheet is a great choice no matter what the size of your team is. This SaaS application offers several useful features for any project manager looking to increase their team’s productivity and efforts.
Smartsheet’s Key Features
- Integrations: This online project management software can be integrated with key enterprise tools you might already be using. This includes G-Suite, MS Office 365, DocuSign, and many more.
- Security: Smartsheet prioritizes security, so if that’s something that’s important to you, you’ll definitely want to consider this app. Some of the features that they offer include single sign-on, scalable administrative controls, and user management.
- Content Management: Keeping your content organized and structured is extremely important, and Smartsheet helps you achieve this by allowing you to be in charge and review content production at any time.
- Automation: This online project tracker utilizes simple rules that allow you to automate key processes and actions. This helps project managers save time and focus on more important things. You can also automate repetitive tasks and get reminders for goals.
Smartsheet offers three paid solutions – Pro Plan, Business Plan, and Enterprise Plan. The Business Plan is their most popular and recommended plan, and it costs $25 per user per month.
A cheaper option would be their Pro Plan, which costs $7 per user per month, but it has a minimum of 3 users and a maximum of 25 users. Smartsheet lets you try any of their paid plans before getting a subscription so that you can make sure that it’s suitable for your project management needs.
Try out Smartsheet right away.
Cloud-Based Project Management Tool With Issue Tracking and Management Feature
Zoho Projects is a cloud-based project management app that helps you work more efficiently. You can use it to plan projects, track work progress, and collaborate with teammates.
Zoho Projects’ Key Features
- Integrations: Zoho Projects lets you integrate third-party apps and their other Zoho apps so that you can continue working seamlessly with other important industry tools. Some of the apps that you can integrate are Google Drive, Microsoft Teams, Dropbox, and many more.
- Time Tracking: By using timesheets and task timers, you can record work hours through their employee time tracking software. Each project has a timesheet where your team members can log their hours, which helps you keep track of the project pace.
- Automation: Zoho Projects uses Blueprints, which they created themselves to automate things such as approvals, notifications, and tasks. This means that you don’t have to waste time doing all of this yourself – you can just sit back and focus on more important tasks.
- Gantt Charts and Reports: Planning and managing your projects is easy with Zoho Projects because they utilize multiple types of charts, including Gantt charts and resource utilization charts. You can also build custom reports that include work items, timesheets, and other insightful data.
Zoho Projects offers three different plans – Free Plan, Premium Plan, and Enterprise Plan. Their Free Plan sits up to three users, and you can manage two projects with it, with 10 MB of storage.
If your team consists of more people, you can choose their most popular plan, which is the Premium Plan, and it costs $5 per user per month. It gives you access to features such as Task Reminders, Task Automation with Blueprint, and Customizable Business Hours.
Zoho Projects offers a 10-day free trial, and they do not require a credit card to sign up. You can try out any paid plan to see whether it’s adequate for your team and project needs.
Online Project Management Software That’s Perfect for Start-up Businesses
What makes Hive stand out from its competitors is the fact that the app was built by users for users. Some of the contributors that helped further build and improve this app include Comcast, Starbucks, and even Google.
Hive’s Key Features
- Collaboration: Hive offers a bunch of integrated tools that help your team collaborate better. Some of these tools are Hive Chat, Hive Mail, Hive Comments, and more.
- Time Management: Another great benefit of using this online project tracker is the fact that you can understand where and how your team spends their time. You can get time-tracking data from all team members presented to you in a timesheet.
- Automation: If you’re managing several teams at once, you’ll love using Hive’s automation feature. This feature helps you automate tasks, collect productivity data, and even assess team progress.
- Integrations: You can fully integrate Hive with some of the most popular enterprise tools, including Slack, Google Drive, MS Teams, and more.
Hive is a great option for project managers who are just getting started with a business, or if you’re working in a team of two. Hive provides a free forever Solo Plan.
Other than that, they also provide two paid plans – Hive Teams Plan and Hive Enterprise Plan. The Hive Teams Plan costs $12 per user per month when billed annually, and it gives you access to unlimited storage, support, and users.
If you need more functionality and you’re in charge of a huge business, their Enterprise Plan could be perfect for you. You can contact sales to get information on pricing.
Try Hive for free for 14 days.
Online Project Management Tool With Full Template Automation
One of the most popular online project management software is definitely Asana. This tool helps you, the project manager, coordinate tasks, meet deadlines and build projects from scratch.
Asana’s Key Features
- Template Automation: Asan is well known for its template automation system. They offer a wide range of pre-made templates for popular projects and processes. If you prefer using your own stuff, you can create your own template and customize it however you like.
- Integrations: If you’re in charge of a big project, chances are that your team is already using other apps for day-to-day work. You’ll be happy to learn that you can integrate Asana with popular tools such as Google Drive, Slack, Gmail, and more.
- Customization: Apart from customizing your own templates, this cloud-based project tracking tool also lets you customize project fields.
- Collaboration: You can share important information within your team by using Asana. Their feature called “Teammate view” allows you to see every team member’s assigned tasks, which then helps you plan and organize your projects better.
Asana is great for those who are on a tight budget. It offers a Basic Plan, which is free forever, and it’s perfect for individuals or teams just beginning to work in project management.
However, if you’re looking for more features and functionality, Asana also offers two paid plans – Premium Plan and Business Plan. The Premium Plan is $10.99 per user per month when billed annually, while the Business Plan is $24.99 per user per month when billed annually.
You can start using Asana’s free forever Basic Plan to test out the app and see whether it’s a good match for your preferences and needs. You can easily upgrade to a paid plan at any time since they offer a 30-day free trial.
Try Asana out right away.
Perfect Choice For Online Project Managers Working With Developers
Jira is the perfect scrum tool for managing a team of software developers. This cloud-based project management app is great for tracking, planning, and releasing software on time.
Jira’s Key Features
- Roadmaps: If you manage several teams that need to collaborate on company-wide projects, this feature is perfect, because it keeps all your departments synchronized and organized. With unlimited levels of hierarchy using Advanced Roadmaps, you can plan and organize smarter.
- Kanban Boards: These flexible boards allow you and your team to keep track of progress and see what’s next when it comes to tasks. This ensures minimal waste of time and helps everyone stay on track to deliver a project on time.
- Agile Reporting: Jira offers several reporting tools that are available to you and your team members. These reports will give you real-time insight into how everyone’s doing and will therefore allow you to make data-driven decisions on the spot.
- Scrum Boards: This framework is great for teams of software developers because it allows them to manage even very complex projects while encouraging collaboration. The Scrum Board makes sure your team is working together towards delivering a set goal on time.
If you’re in charge of managing a small team and you’re working on a budget, Jira offers a free plan that can accommodate up to 10 users. This is a great choice if you’re looking to increase productivity and track work.
Jira also offers three different paid plans – Standard Plan, Premium Plan, and Enterprise Plan. If you want to focus on growing your team and your business, the Standard Plan is a great way to start. It costs $7.50 per user per month.
However, if you manage more well-established teams, it’s better to choose a plan that offers more features, such as the Premium Plan ($14.50 per user per month) or the Enterprise Plan. In order to get pricing for the Enterprise Plan, you would have to get in touch with their sales.
You can get started with a free trial that lasts 7 days to test out the functionality of Jira, and you can easily upgrade to get more out of the app.
Online Project Tracking App With Built-In Calendar Feature
This app for project management online is used and enjoyed by more than 85,000 companies around the world. Proofhub offers everything you need in one app, and what’s more, they offer simple fixed-price plans, regardless of the size of your team.
Proofhub’s Key Features
- Custom Roles: This online project tracker allows you to establish a clear hierarchy in your team. That way, everyone will be aware of who’s in charge of what, which will make project management more convenient and easier.
- Instant Messaging: This is a great feature because it eliminates the need for other messaging apps – you can simply keep everything in one place and avoid any miscommunication between your team members and departments.
- Docs and Files: If keeping your valuable documents and files handy is important to you, you should definitely consider ProofHub as your online project management app of choice. You can search and filter through files, and even keep several versions of the same file all in one place.
- Calendar Feature: You can set up multiple calendar views, as well as recurring tasks, and automatic reminders. If you’re using other calendars to track important meetings and events, Proofhub’s calendar can be merged with your other calendars so that you can refer to only one of them and keep everything in the same place.
Proofhub is different from other cloud-based project management apps because it offers fixed-price plans, meaning that you don’t pay per user. Instead, you pay a fixed monthly fee, depending on the plan you choose.
They offer two paid plans – Ultimate Control Plan and Essential Plan. The Essential Plan offers 40 projects, an unlimited number of users, and 15 GB of storage for $45 per month flat.
The Unlimited Control Plan is perfect if you want to have unlimited projects, users, and 100 GB of storage. This plan costs $89 per month. Proofhub gives you the option to try out either of these plans for free for 30 days, without obligation, so that you can decide whether it’s suitable.
Try out Proofhub for free.
Online Project Management App That’s Based on Gantt Charts
GanttPRO, an online project management tool that utilizes Gantt Charts, is a great investment for anyone hoping to manage all kinds of projects and teams from various spheres. The app has lots of superb features and an intuitive interface.
GanttPRO’s Key Features
- Task Management: GanttPRO offers features such as custom columns and custom colors, which help you differentiate your tasks visually. By adding custom columns you can track and measure crucial aspects of your project planning.
- Budget Tracking: This app gives you three different resource types for tracking your budget: per hour, per item, and just cost. You can get a calculated cost of your project depending on the cost of your resources and tasks.
- Time Management: A time-tracking tool is particularly useful for measuring time spent on tasks by each team member. You can also track deadlines and receive notifications when something is due.
- Team and Resource Management: This feature is great because it allows you to log actions and browse through changes made in your project. You can set roles for your team members, define virtual resources, and manage everyone’s workload, all in one place.
GanttPRO offers three different paid plans – Individual Plan, Team Plan, and Enterprise Plan. Their most used plan is the Team Plan, which costs $8.90 per user per month if billed annually.
This plan also gives you access to unlimited functionality which allows for efficient team collaboration, so it’s perfect if you need an affordable online project tracker.
If you’re in need of enterprise-level features and priority support, you can get in touch with their sales team to discuss pricing plans. GanttPRO lets you try out their paid plans for 14 days before you make a decision whether you want to upgrade.
Try GanttPRO right away.
Cheap Online Project Tracker With More Than 1000 Integrations Available
nTask is another cheap option if you’re looking to start using an online project management software. It helps increase productivity and offers unique features that boost the performance of your business.
nTask’s Key Features
- Issue Tracking: It is of utmost importance to quickly detect and fix any issues and problems that arise during your project. nTask has an issue-detection software that helps you detect bugs very early on so that you can fix them in a timely manner before they make much impact on your overall project.
- Integrations: nTask can be integrated with more than 1000 different apps using Zapier. Some of the apps that you can integrate are Slack, Gmail, and Google Drive.
- Collaboration: Collaboration is key to any successful project. nTask allows your team to communicate and share important files through their app, which is perfect since you don’t need third-party apps and you can keep everything neatly organized in one place.
- Multiple Project Management: This cloud-based app allows you to oversee and manage several projects, departments, or teams at the same time. At any given time, you will be able to see the progress and ongoing tasks of all your employees.
If you have a small team or you’re working on your own, nTask has a free forever Basic Plan that gives you access to unlimited workspaces, unlimited tasks, and 100 MB of storage.
If you need more functionality and storage, they also offer three paid plans – Premium Plan, Business Plan, and Enterprise Plan. Their most popular and most affordable plan is the Premium Plan, which only costs $2.99 per user per month when billed annually.
The Business Plan is a bit pricier, and it costs $7.99 per user per month if paid annually. If you’re working with an enterprise business, you can contact sales and see what their pricing options are. Any paid plan can be tried out for 14 days with their free trial, so you can test it out and see whether it would work for you.
Try out nTask today.
Online Project Management App With Drag and Drop Boards
Another popular and widely-used online project tracking app is Trello. Trello uses a drag and drop principle to help you navigate and manage your projects better.
Trello’s Key Features
- Templates: This app comes with pre-made templates that you can choose from and begin working immediately. This means that you don’t need any training to start using Trello, which is useful if you’re short on time and need to focus on other priorities.
- Cards: Cards can be dragged across your Trello boards to indicate your progress, or for any other purpose you might need for your specific project. These cards also help you organize tasks visually.
- Attachments: What makes Trello unique is the fact that you can add attachments to your cards, and these attachments are accessible by anyone who has access to that board. You can add documents, images, and more.
- Automation: Common actions that can be automated with Trello are teammate assigned, upcoming deadlines, and more. You can also create custom buttons that help you build your process faster.
If you don’t have a lot of money to spare on online project management, Trello is a great choice for you because it offers a free plan and three affordable paid plans – Standard Plan, Premium Plan, and Enterprise Plan.
The free plan gives you access to unlimited members, unlimited cards, and up to 10 boards per Workspace.
The paid plans give you more features and functionality. The Standard Plan costs $5 per user per month, and the Premium Plan costs $10 per user per month if paid annually. If you’re running a large organization with several teams and departments, you should choose their Enterprise Plan ($17.50 per user per month if paid annually).
Just like many other cloud-based apps for project management, Trello offers a trial period lasting 14-days so that you can test it out and see whether it’s a good match for your needs.
Try Trello right away.
Digital Workplace Platform That Helps You Streamline Your Online Projects
Kissflow’s Key Features
- Drag and Drop Forms: Kissflow’s Digital Workspace offers 20 different field types, as well as custom tables, layouts, and data validation.
- Reports: If you’re managing a big project, you’ll definitely want to opt for an online project tracker that helps you create custom reports. By using metrics and pivot tables, this app lets you create reports to get a clear overview of everyone’s progress, which in turn increases the efficiency of your entire team.
- No-Code Workflow: You don’t need to be skilled in coding to use Kissflow’s workflow automation features. Easily create simple or complex workflows by using conditional tasks and parallel branches.
- Access Control: If you’re working with lots of confidential files, it’s important to eliminate the chances of unauthorized people accessing such files. This tool allows you to choose who has access to what which maintains security within your organization.
Kissflow provides three different paid options – Basic Plan, Advanced Plan, and Fully Loaded Plan.
Their most popular plan is the Advanced Plan which costs $25 per user per month. It’s intended for a minimum of 20 users. If you don’t have that many employees working on your project, you can choose their Basic Plan, which costs $20 per user per month and starts at 10 users.
If you’re still uncertain whether Kissflow’s Digital Workplace is the right choice for your project management needs, they offer a 14-day trial that lets you test out the functionality of the app. After that period, you can freely upgrade to a plan that suits you.
Start your Kissflow trial now.
Great Online Project Management App For Highly Collaborative Teams
Kintone is a great all-in-one online project management app that lets you build, share, and automate workflows according to your specific needs.
Kintzone’s Key Features
- Applications: Kintone allows you to set up conditional workflows through custom business apps. You can customize apps such as expense reports, CRM, and even inquiry management with virtually no code required.
- Centralized Collaboration: This platform offers four primary methods of communication: Threads, In-record Comments, User profile walls, and private messages. This means it’s perfect if your team heavily relies on communication for their day-to-day work.
- Cloud Storage: By using a cloud service, this app lets you stay connected and in the loop from any device you’re using. Everything you’re doing in Kintone gets stored on the cloud, meaning it’s always accessible to you.
- Integrations: Using REST APIs and extensions, you can further optimize your experience with Kintone and integrate many external systems. You can use this feature to export data from Kintone into PDFs and send automated templated emails.
Kintone offers four different subscription plans: Professional Subscription, Enterprise Subscription, Education & Government Subscription, and Nonprofit Subscription.
If you’re managing a project and need an online project tracker, the Professional Subscription is a great choice, as it gives you access to 900 apps, 300 spaces, and 5 GB of storage per user. This plan costs $24 per user per month, with a minimum of 5 users.
Kintone offers a 30-day free trial period, during which you can test out the app and see whether the features it offers are suitable to your preferences.
Test out Kintone right away.
Excellent Online Project Tracker for Enterprises
Clarizen is a powerful online project tracker made for enterprises and large organizations. It helps you simplify work and accomplish your goals faster.
Clarizen’s Key Features
- Business Insights: Clarizen gives you insight into all important aspects of project management, including resources, schedules, and tasks in real-time.
- Resource Management: This cloud-based project management software gives you access to your resources to manage all the work on their tasks lists with their highly intuitive interface.
- Automation: Using a powerful workflow engine, you can easily automate repetitive business processes, which in turn helps you ensure consistency and standardizes your business process.
- Reporting: By using Clarizen, you can create custom dashboards, calendars, and reports. This helps you gain complete visibility into the status of your resources and projects. You can even generate reports with real-time statuses.
Clarizen offers two different solutions – Enterprise Edition and Unlimited Edition. Both of these plans give you access to unlimited projects, portfolios, and programs.
To get more information on pricing, you would have to get in touch with their team and discuss what they have to offer.
Cloud-Based Project Management Tool With Automation and Resource Management
Mavenlink is a modern and powerful online project management tool that helps you respond to project changes in real-time and enjoy the benefits of operational performance.
Mavenlink’s Key Features
- Process Automation: Mavenlink helps you easily and quickly replace manual processes. You can create reusable templates and workflows, as well as establish dependencies between your tasks in a project.
- Integrations: You can integrate your favorite tools that you’re already using to work together with Mavenlink in order to boost the productivity and efficiency of your team.
- Project Portfolio: Using the Gantt chart, you can easily generate real-time insights and check the status of your deliverables and tasks. You can also assess the overall project portfolio and drill down to task level.
- Real-time Insights: By using Project Pulse, a feature unique to Mavenlink, you can get real-time insight into how your project is performing and make data-driven decisions on the spot.
Mavenlink currently offers three pricing plans – Enterprise Plan, Premier Plan, and Professional Plan.
In order to get more information on pricing, you would have to contact them directly.
They do offer a free trial that lasts for 10 days and you don't have to pay additional for users with different permission levels.
Get in touch with Mavenlink.
Project Management Software Option with Outstanding Customer Service
Workzone’s Key Features
- Dashboard: This feature is great because it allows you to oversee the entire project all at once. You can get an insight into everyone’s status across several departments, clients, and campaigns.
- Reports: Workzone offers more than 20 report options. One of them is the Workload Report which helps you balance everyone’s workload by determining under or over-allocated resources.
- Task Dependencies: You can link dependent tasks easily to help you automatically calculate the beginning of a new task.
- Project Request Forms: You can create custom forms that later allow your team members to easily request projects, saving you both time and allowing you to focus on the actual work.
Regardless of which plan you decide to go with, Workzone will provide you with unlimited training and support throughout the onboarding process.
Currently, they offer three plans – Team Plan, Professional Plan, and Enterprise Plan. If you’re managing five or more team members, the Team Plan is a great place to start. It costs $24 per user per month. You get unlimited projects, templates, and task management features.
Unfortunately, there are no free trials with Workzone.
Sign up for Workzone today.
Good Choice for Online Project Management with GPS Tracking
What makes Hubstaff unique compared to other online project management apps is the fact that it’s the only one offering GPS tracking of your employees. This makes it the perfect choice for project managers working with teams that are on the go.
Hubstaff’s Key Features
- Employee Monitoring: Knowing how productive and efficient your employees are is very valuable information, and with Hubstaff’s employee monitoring tool, you can manage everyone’s tasks and get insight into how much time has been spent on what.
- Reporting: Understanding project progress helps you plan better in advance. You can build reports and customize them by team member, client, week, or project.
- Online Invoicing: Hubstaff has a built-in billing and invoicing software. This tool helps you minimize non-billable hours and create online invoices which you can then easily send over to clients for payment.
- GPS Tracking: If you’re managing a team that has to work outside of the office, their GPS tracking feature helps you see what routes employees took and how long their task took them to complete. They can easily clock in and out, and you can later generate timesheets for each employee based on tracked hours.
Hubstaff has four different plans, including one that is completely free. The Desk Free plan is free, but it’s intended for only one user. The remaining three plans are Desk Starter, Desk Pro, and Enterprise.
The Desk Starter Plan costs $7 per user per month and has a minimum of 2 users. The Desk Pro Plan costs $10 per user per month, with a minimum of 2 users as well.
If you want a customized solution, they offer an Enterprise Plan, and you can get pricing and more information by contacting their sales team.
Hubstaff offers a 14-day, no-obligation trial, which lets you experience everything the app has to offer. They don’t require a credit card to sign up for the trial.
Try out Hubstaff today.
Cloud-Based Project Management Tool with Message Boards Feature
If you’re looking to stay on top of your employee’s workload and keep everything in one place, Basecamp might be the online project management app for you.
Basecamp’s Key Features
- Message Boards: If you have to frequently post updates or make announcements, this feature is particularly useful as it eliminates the need for meetings. You can post company-wide announcements and other important information on these message boards for everyone to see.
- Automatic Check-Ins: Getting daily updates from your team members is definitely important, but it takes a lot of time. With automatic check-ins, the app will do everything for you. You can later review the information obtained at a time that works for you.
- Files: Basecamp is a convenient choice for those who rely on sharing important files and documents. You don’t need any third-party apps, you can share everything within Basecamp itself.
- Chat: A chat feature that’s already integrated into your online project management software is definitely a plus. By keeping all communication in one place, you can ensure that everyone will be kept in the loop and no one will miss any important info.
Basecamp is simple and straightforward when it comes to their subscription plans – you can choose between a Free Plan and a Basecamp Business Plan.
The Free Plan gives you access to 3 projects, 1 GB of storage, and 20 users.
Of course, if you’re managing a big project, 1 GB of storage is not going to be nearly enough, which is why you would want to invest in their Basecamp Business Plan that costs $99 per month flat. You get endless features, advanced client access, and unlimited users.
Basecamp doesn’t require a credit card to sign up for a free trial that lasts 30 days.
Try Basecamp right away.
Key Features of Online Project Management Software
1. Time-Tracking and Management
When managing a project, time is of the utmost importance. Monitoring how long it takes to complete a task can significantly improve your project planning skills from thereon.
Additionally, it gives you insight into how your team members are performing and what type of tasks take more or less time for them to complete, giving you insight into how to reallocate your resources better for your next project.
Another key feature of any online project tracker is reporting. Many online project management tools give you the ability to create customizable reports which give you insight into the status of your project at any given time.
Apart from that, you can also get insight into your team’s performance, billings, and more. This in turn means that you can make data-driven decisions and take your project management skills to the next level.
3. File Sharing
If you’re managing a project that’s happening online, you’ll want to keep everything that’s important in one place. If you choose an app that allows you to share files within it, any confidential files and documents will be secure from unauthorized access.
Plus, by keeping everything in one place, you eliminate the need for other third-party apps, which saves you time and money.
4. Collaboration and Communication
When working on a project, communication is crucial. It is well known that miscommunication can undermine the success of your project and it can also cause unnecessary delays.
Choosing an app that has collaboration features is important. These features include in-app chats, collaborative workspaces, dashboards, and more.
Almost any online project management tool gives you the ability to integrate other third-party apps to work together. If you’ve been working in project management for a while, you’re probably already using certain apps regularly.
It’s important to determine which online project tracker will give you the option to integrate the apps you’re already using and help you keep everything in one place. This will in turn help you stay more organized and focused on your work.
Another great time-saving hack is having all of your recurring tasks and processes automated. Nowadays, many cloud-based project management apps give you the ability to fully automate your workflow.
Additionally, the majority of these apps and their respective processes can be automated with little to no coding knowledge, which is a bonus. Automating repetitive tasks, notifications, and such can help you save an enormous amount of time and effort.
Online project management software are tools that were specifically designed to aid individuals, teams, or entire organizations with working more efficiently and organizing their daily tasks better.
These apps are usually customizable and fully adaptable to your team’s preferences and needs.
As a project manager, these tools will help you delegate and organize tasks among your team. You’ll also be able to create templates, dashboards, calendars, reports, and much more. All of these features will help increase productivity and lead you towards delivering your projects on time.
This depends on the type of online project tracker you’re looking for. Generally, most of these apps base their prices on the number of users that will be collaborating on a project. Typically, if you subscribe with a yearly subscription, your total will be cheaper than if you were to choose a monthly subscription.
Monday.com offers several plans, but their most popular one is the Standard Plan, which costs $10 per seat per month.
ClickUp is great if you’re managing a small team. The Unlimited Plan is a perfect fit, and it costs only $5 per user per month.
Teamwork offers four different paid plans. The Grow Plan, which costs $18 per user per month when billed annually, is their most popular and recommended plan.
Which Online Project Management Tools Should I Try
This depends on what type of features you’re looking for. We’ll give you a breakdown of which app to choose based on functionality:
In-app Chat: Hive, Teamwork, Basecamp, ProofHub
Time-tracking: Teamwork, Hive, GanttPRO
File-Sharing: Monday.com, Basecamp, Wrike
Reporting: Asana, Jira, Scoro, Hubstaff
Workflow Automation: Scoro, Smartsheet, Zoho Projects, Trello