33 Best Project Management Software For Mac Users In 2022
Project management software tools are useful programs for planning, organizing, and evaluating your projects. Microsoft Project is arguably one of the most popular and versatile project management software available in the market.
The bad news for Mac users is that Microsoft Project is only compatible with the Windows operating system. However, while Microsoft Project may not be compatible with Mac operating systems, there are tons of Apple-friendly Microsoft Project alternatives available to you.
In this article, you will learn about 33 of the best project management software and apps for Mac, including their key features, pricing, and benefits.
Let’s get started.
Best Project Management Software for Mac Users
Best Overall Project Management Software for Mac Users
- Centralized Workspace: Monday.com comes with a workspace that allows you to easily plan, track, manage, and deliver your projects on the same centralized workspace.
- Templates: Hundreds of templates are provided to you so you create your effective project management framework within minutes
- Integrations and Automations: Alongside integrations with other external platforms like Facebook, Salesforce, MailChimp, and Shopify, Monday.com enables you to automate repetitive work while avoiding errors.
- Multiple Visualizations: A map, calendar, timeline, and kanban board view, among others, are provided to you to visualize your data and workflow.
- Fast management framework creation
- Comprehensive integrations with third-party platforms
- Easy and intuitive data visualizations
- Availability of a free 14-day trial plan
- 24/7 customer support
Monday.com is available to you through five plans: a free individual plan, basic plan, standard plan, pro plan, and an enterprise plan.
- The individual plan is free and suitable for individuals looking to track their work.
- The basic plan is suitable for small businesses who want to manage all their teams’ work in one central location.
- The standard plan is best for businesses that need collaboration tools to optimize their team processes.
- The pro plan is ideal for businesses that want to streamline and run their teams’ complex workflows.
- The enterprise plan is best for organizations in need of enterprise-grade features.
Try out Monday.com’s 14-day free trial plan to know if it is a good fit for your business.
Affordable Project Management Application for Mac with Great Plugin Options
- Multiple Views: ClickUp allows you to visualize your project data and workflow in lists, calendars, boards, forms, documents, maps, and timeline views, among a lot of others.
- Automatic Imports: You enjoy a feature that lets you import your data from other project management software and applications like Excel, Wrike, Trello, Monday.com, Asana, and a lot more.
- Templates and Integrations: Alongside customizable templates and workspaces to work with, ClickUp equips you with over 1000 external integrations, including cloud storage platforms like Dropbox, Box, and other Dropbox alternatives.
- Real-time chats
- Free training
- Assignable comments
- Plugins with offline modes
- Availability of two-factor authentication
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 24/7 live chat support
You have access to ClickUp through five plans: free forever plan, an unlimited plan, business plan, business plus plan, and enterprise plan.
- The free forever plan is free and best for personal use.
- The unlimited plan is best for small teams.
- The business plan is ideal for mid-sized teams.
- The business plus plan is suitable for multiple teams.
- The enterprise plan is ideal for large teams.
Try out ClickUp’s 14-day free trial to get started.
Most Suitable Online Project Management Software for Mac that Offers Extensive Customization Options
Wrike is an American project management application trusted by over 20,000 companies worldwide, including Siemens, Dell, and Lyft.
- Extensive Customizations: From custom dashboards to team-specific automation to custom workflows, Wrike gives you a chance to create a framework that effectively caters to your specific needs.
- Real-time Communications and Alerts: Wrike gets rid of hitches in communication. It allows you and other team members to communicate effectively through real-time commenting, notifications, live editing, and dynamic reports, among others. You also enjoy immediate, real-time alerts and updates that help you avoid roadblocks in your project management workflow.
- High security
- External integrations with Google, Jira, Microsoft, and Github, among others.
- Easy communications and automation
- Availability of email, chat, and phone support.
Services are provided to you through four plans: free plan, professional plan, Business plan, enterprise plan determined by a quote, and pinnacle plan also determined by a quote.
- The free plan is ideal for teams just getting started with using project management software.
- The professional plan is suitable for fast-growing teams.
- The business plan is best for all teams across an organization.
- The enterprise plan is ideal for large teams.
- The pinnacle plan is suitable for teams with complex workflow needs.
Try out Wrike’s 14-day free trial to test if this project management software for Mac users is ideal for your needs.
Affordable Project Management Application for Mac with Highly Actionable Templates
Teamwork is an all-in-one project management platform made for client work that is deemed competent enough by popular brands like Paypal, Spotify, Disney, Netflix, and HP.
- Easy Imports: Teamwork lets you import your previous workflows from other platforms including Asana, Wrike, Basecamp, ClickUp, and Trello.
- Pre-Built Templates: The platform does not just provide you with templates for project management but also comes with templates for website project planning and client onboarding.
- Real-time collaborations
- 30-day free trial
- Availability of phone, email, and live chat support
- Integrates with third-party applications such as Google, Outlook, Slack, Quickbooks, Zendesk, and Dropbox.
Alongside a free forever plan, Teamwork is available to you through a deliver plan, a recommended grow plan, and a scale plan determined by a quote.
- The free forever plan is ideal for individuals and small teams new to project management.
- The deliver plan is best for businesses and teams that manage multiple projects.
- The grow plan is suitable for large teams
- The scale plan is best for organizations
Try out Teamwork’s 30-day free trial on all its paid plans.
Online Project Management Software for Mac Users that Offers Additional Sales Management Solutions
- All-In-One Platform: With extended functionality, Scoro does not just give you solutions to manage your projects but also facilitates your sales, time, team productivity, and profitability management workflows. You also have a centralized workspace to monitor all your important workflows and data.
- Integrations: The platform integrates with popular accounting software and cloud storage solutions, as well as over 1,000 others through Zapier.
- Seamless collaborations
- 14-day free trial
- Efficient time saving
- Availability of email and chat support
Scoro comes through a series of plans spread across its more general Essential, Work Hub, Sales Hub, and Ultimate plans.
- The essential plan is best for smaller teams looking to manage their essential project management needs.
- The work hub plan offers time management, resource planning, project management, and collaboration tools.
- The sales hub plan offers a 360-degree overview of your customers, finances, pipeline, forecasts, and reports.
- The ultimate plan offers advanced automation and reporting capabilities.
Try out Scoro’s 14-day free trial to see if this project management software tool for Mac users is the right fit for you.
Best Project Management Software with Quality Expense Tracking Options
Trusted by Adobe, Rolex, and Tesla, Celoxis is an all-in-one project management software offering you enterprise-class features, dynamic dashboards, and tons of customizations.
- Project Request Tracking: You get to collate project requests from various sources and sort them based on your KPIs.
- Project Accounting: Celoxis presents you with real-time visibility into budget expenses, receivables, and profitability across all projects and portfolios.
- Team & Client Collaboration: Through its client portal, collaborations in form of file shares, discussion, and comments between clients and team members are facilitated.
- Advanced scheduling
- Kanban and Gantt chart views
- Time and issue tracking
- Portfolio management
- Customizations, Integrations, and API access
Celoxis is available to you through its cloud plan billed monthly or yearly (up to three years) and on-premise plan billed once.
You can request a personalized demo or try out Celoxis features for free for 30 days.
Ideal Project Management Application for Mac with High Project Visibility
Asana is a web and mobile application specifically designed to help teams organize, track, and manage their entire work on a single platform.
- Multiple Views: Through a list, timeline, and various board views, you keep your workspace and workflow as organized as you need them to be.
- Integrations: You enjoy integrations with over 200 platforms to facilitate your communications, collaborations, and project coordination.
- Customizable workspace
- Automated workflows
- Over 50 templates
- Availability of a 30-day trial plan
Asana is available to you through four plans: a free basic plan, a premium plan, a business plan, and an enterprise plan determined by a quote.
- The basic plan is free and best for individuals and teams just getting started.
- The premium plan is best for teams with complex project needs.
- The business plan is ideal for teams and companies that want to manage their projects across multiple platforms.
- The enterprise plan is suitable for organizations in need of additional security, control, and support.
Try out Asana’s 30-day free trial to determine if it is a suitable fit for your project management needs.
Best Project Management Software for Mac that Offers Intuitive Task Tracking Feature
Bitrix24 is a project planning software featuring over 35 tools for productive team collaboration and project management workflows.
- Gantt Chart: Through the software’s Gantt chart, you easily visualize the status of your project as well as individuals responsible for tasks and other chronological relationships within your workflow.
- Checklists in Tasks: Through this feature, you easily monitor the progress and completion of all tasks.
- Templates and automation
- Time and employee workload management
- Kanban Boards
- HD video calls
- Availability of technical support and live chat consultation.
Bitrix24 is available to you through four cloud-based plans (free, basic, standard, and professional) and two on-premises plans (business and enterprise) which are one-time purchases.
- The free plan is suitable for users who want to start working online and supports unlimited users.
- The basic plan is best for small businesses and sales teams.
- The standard plan offers advanced collaboration for your entire company and workgroups.
- The professional plan is suitable for businesses that want to enjoy maximum sales and business process automation.
You enjoy a 24% discount when you pay for its one-year subscription as opposed to a monthly subscription. Try out Bitrix24’s 15-day free trial.
Enterprise Project Management Software for Mac with Very Reliable Project Review Features
Owned by Adobe and trusted by top companies like T-Mobile and Under Armour, Workfront is a work management platform built for enterprise use, enabling companies to connect, collaborate, and execute on complex workflows.
- Project Review: With features based around inline proofing and asset reviews, you effectively customize and streamline approval workflows to maintain set standards and reduce the need to rework.
- Custom Smart Forms: Collaborate with your team members across geographical divides with custom smart forms.
- Resource Management: Easily differentiate between incoming demand and work-in-progress so you can optimize your resources for better gains.
- Automated workflows
- Configurable workflows and workspaces
- Native integrations
- Advanced analytics and security
With all plans determined by a quote, Adobe Workfront is available to you through a pro plan, business plan, and enterprise plan.
- The enterprise plan helps you achieve better results across your initiatives.
- The business plan connects your projects between multiple departments.
The pro plan drives results for your entire department.
Cheap Project Management Software for Mac with Multiple Intuitive Project Visualization Options
Paymo is a project management platform founded in 2008 to provide companies with solutions to manage tasks, create team schedules, track work time, and bill clients from a centralized platform.
- Task Lists And Kanban: Through task lists, due dates, milestones, and the Kanban module, Paymo allows you to organize tasks and activities for a more convenient and seamless workflow. You also have an advanced task view option where all details of the task are presented to you in the same workspace.
- Real-Time Commenting and Monitoring: Alongside scheduling and monitoring your project management activities in real-time, Paymo lets you create real-time discussions with other team members within it.
- Multiple apps and integrations
- Comprehensive Gantt chart
- File proofing
- Invoicing and estimation
You have access to Paymo’s services through three plans: a free plan, a popular small office plan, and a business plan.
- The free plan offers simple tools for small teams.
- The small office plan is suitable for growing teams and departments.
- The business plan is designed for large teams.
Try out Paymo’s 15-day free trial on all its paid plans to test if it is the best fit for your project management needs.
Best Project Management Application for Mac with Comprehensive Portfolio Management Options
Clarizen is an award-winning project, enterprise collaboration, and portfolio management software launched in 2006.
- Extended Collaborations: Collaborations with Clarizen do not just happen within it as you get to communicate with other individuals through emails.
- Customizations: Alongside configurable workflows and approval processes, you have access to customizable rules and fields as well as dynamic templates.
- Centralized File Management: Clarizen presents you with a centralized workspace to manage your project’s entire information, including files, videos, discussions, and notifications, among others.
- Intuitive mobile applications
- Customizable reporting
- Portfolio management
- Automated status report generation
Clarizen comes in two editions: enterprise and unlimited.
- The enterprise plan is suitable for businesses with lots of project management needs.
- The unlimited plan offers more features and capabilities that suit large organizations and teams.
Try out Clarizen’s 30-day free trial.
Top-Rated Project Management Software for Mac with Intuitive Task Prioritization
Trusted by Unilever and receiving favorable reviews from Capterra and GetApp, Hygger is a simple project management software dedicated to IT teams based on agile scrum tools.
- Kanban Boards: With Kanban board, Hygger lets you visualize your workflows and easily detect and promptly deal with bottlenecks.
- Task Prioritization: You rate your tasks by value or effort to identify your most important or risky tasks and make the right decision where there are limited resources to work with.
- Quality integrations
- Multiple views
- Centralized workspace for conversations, checklists, and files
Hygger is available to you through a free plan, standard plan, and enterprise plan. You save 20% when you subscribe annually.
- The free plan offers users unlimited users, unlimited projects and boards, and 100 MB storage.
- The standard plan offers users unlimited storage, unlimited integrations, and unlimited tasks.
- The enterprise plan offers users multiple projects per board, branded workspace, unlimited API access, and premium support.
Try out Hygger’s 14-day free trial to know if it is suitable for your project management needs.
Best Multilingual Project Management Platform that Comes with Multiple Workflow and Workspace Customization Options
ProofHub is a project planning software trusted by Netflix, Nike, and NASA, alongside over 85,000 teams and businesses worldwide.
- Multiple Visualizations: Visualization options for your project management workflow come in Kanban board, Gantt chart, list, and table views, among others.
- Customizations: You get to customize workflows and set as many stages as you want, assign team members, and customize roles within your organization-wide workflow.
- Email-In: Through email-in, you create or add tasks to your project, upload files, discuss with team members without a need to log into your account.
- Comprehensive collaboration features
- API access
- Privacy and security through IP restriction
You have access to ProofHub through two plans: an essential plan and an ultimate control plan.
- The essential plan is best for teams with limited project management needs.
- The ultimate control plan is best for remote teams and clients with unlimited project management needs.
Try out ProofHub’s 30-day free trial.
Leading Project Management Application for Mac with Advanced Bug Tracking Options
- Card View: To visualize your progress, Axosoft presents you with a Card View feature, a fully interactive Kanban board that lets you customize and edit item cards, add work logs, and see work-in-progress limits.
- Custom Dashboards: Through Axosoft’s customizable dashboards, you have access to information aiding you in ensuring faster project releases. You have an overview of your velocity and predicted ship date, among others.
- Wiki Pages: With Axosoft, you get to build unlimited Wiki pages and create links to them through items in your project workflow for referencing.
- Great client support options
- Centralized release planner
- Additional bug tracking options
With the final cost of all plans determined by the number of users involved, Axosoft is available to you through a “Hosted” subscription plan and an “Installed” one-time purchase plan.
Try out Axosoft’s 14-day free trial.
Top Project Management Software for Mac with Great Knowledge Base and Quality Integration For Document Creation
Patronized by Apple, Verizon, and IBM, Nifty is a remote collaboration hub that helps you streamline the management of your projects, tasks, and communication.
- High Detail View: Alongside Kanban boards, Nifty equips you with list and swimlane views to seamlessly visualize your data and organize, prioritize, and manage your tasks.
- Knowledge Hub: This is Nifty’s collaboration workspace where you chat with other team members, gather feedback in real-time, and quickly set up Zoom meetings.
- Document Creation: Nifty allows you to create documents, notes, and wikis for your projects and share them with anyone. You also enjoy native integration with Google Docs to create your documents.
- Automated progress reporting
- Fast imports from external tools and platforms
- Unlimited team members, guests, and clients on a free plan
- 14-day free trial
You have access to Nifty’s services through a free, starter, pro, business, and enterprise plan.
- The free plan is best for new users trying to test if this project management software is the right fit.
- The starter plan is best for teams with small project management needs.
- The pro plan is suitable for growing teams.
- The business plan is great for advanced teams.
- The enterprise plan is a fully scaled solution for large organizations.
Try out Nifty’s 14-day free trial with no credit card required.
Best Project Management Software for Mac with Multiple Intuitive Automations
Mavenlink is a purpose-built technology offering you powerful resource management, project management, and team collaboration solutions.
- Comprehensive View: The Mavenlink dashboard presents you with a bird’s eye view of your entire project workflow and timeline, including your project status, real-time insights, and budget goals.
- Automation: Through reusable templates and workflows, Mavenlink lets you save time by replacing manual repetitive processes.
- Quality integrations
- Fast framework creation through templates
- Comprehensive dashboard view
Pricing is determined by your industry, company size (number of individuals), and the country in which your business is headquartered.
Try out Mavenlink’s 10-day free trial to find out if it is a good fit for your needs.
Affordable Project Management Software for Mac that Offers Free Unlimited Cloud Storage
- Proofing: Hive provides you with powerful proofing and annotation tools facilitated through the document and video formats.
- Team Management: Through team resourcing, timesheets, and team tracking capabilities, you effectively manage and keep track of your team workflows.
- 14-day fully-featured free trial
- Multiple views including a portfolio view
- Over 1000 integrations
- Unlimited cloud storage with the free plan
Hive is available to you through three plans: a solo plan, a team plan, and an enterprise plan determined by a quote.
- The Hive Solo plan is best for individuals and small teams just starting out with project management and collaboration software tools. It is free to use.
- The Hive Teams plan is suitable for teams that run multiple projects.
- The Hive Enterprise plan is ideal for companies and teams that need custom project management features and capabilities, including support.
Try out Hive’s 14-day free trial.
18. Zoho Projects
Affordable Project Management Software for Mac that is Highly Convenient And Easy-to-Use
Zoho Projects is a cloud-based project management software founded in 2006 that helps you plan your projects, track work efficiently, and collaborate with your team.
- Gantt Charts: Zoho Projects provides you with a comprehensive Gantt chart to plan and track your project schedules
- Easily Deployable Automations: To make your workflows more seamless, Zoho Projects equips you with automation deployable through drag and drop actions.
- 10-day free trial
- Intuitive, easy-to-use interface
- Extensive, quality integrations
- Mobile applications
- Fully customizable workspace and workflows
Zoho Projects is available to you through three plans: a free plan, a premium plan, and an enterprise plan.
- The free plan is suitable for teams and individuals just getting started with project management software.
- The premium plan is best for growing teams and businesses.
- The enterprise plan is great for companies with large project management needs.
Try out Zoho Projects’ 14-day free trial to find out if this project management software is the ideal option for your needs.
Online Project Management Application for Mac that Offers Great Selection Of Templates
Airtable serves as a low-code platform to manage your large-scale projects, sub-projects, and tasks through an array of collaborative project management features.
- Templates: Airtable presents you with a comprehensive collection of project management templates to fasten the creation of your management framework. These include templates for project tracking and project genres like those for science museums, nonprofit programs, and innovation idea management, among others.
- Views: Track your projects, tasks, events, and resources on Airtable with its customizable timelines. Map out complex or multi-step projects, create milestones and tasks dependencies for easy sharing and collaboration among team members.
- Multiple views
- Project grouping
- Email support
- Connects to more than 1,000 websites and apps using Zapier
The plans offered by Airtable include a free plan, a plus plan, a pro plan, and an enterprise plan.
- The free plan is best for individuals or teams just getting started with Airtable.
- The plus plan is ideal for growing features in need of more project management features.
- The pro plan is suitable for teams and companies in need of advanced project management features such as collaboration on complex workflows.
- The enterprise plan is great for companies in need of advanced control, support, and security features.
Try out Airtable’s 14-day free trial to get started.
Simple Project Management Platform for Mac that Comes with A Powerful Search Tool And High Data Security
Kissflow is a digital workspace launched in 2013 and trusted by Domino’s, Michelin, and Hubspot.
- Multiple Views: Kissflow comes with a list, Kanban, and matrix views to intuitively visualize your workflows.
- Centralized Communications: On a central hub, Kissflow allows you to share project plans and files while maintaining efficient communication between all team members.
- Activity Feed: You have access to live, real-time updates on every activity and change across your project management framework.
- Automatic reminders
- Powerful search tool
- Data security
You have access to Kissflow’s services through a starter plan, professional plan, and enterprise plan determined by a quote.
- The starter plan is suitable for individuals or teams with small project management needs.
- The professional plan is best for teams or companies in need of advanced project management features.
- The enterprise plan is great for organizations in need of a customizable project management solution.
Try out Kissflow’s 14-day free trial with no credit card required.
Best Project Management Tool for Mac with Team Collaboration Features
- Centralized Dashboard: You get a customizable dashboard that provides an overview of your entire project and upcoming tasks. You also enjoy a centralized communication hub to share files, links, and discussions.
- Agenda: Unique to MeisterTask, Agenda is a feature that lets you pin and manage tasks from any project.
- Kanban-style views
- Generated reports
- Mobile applications for Android and OS devices
- Integrations with third-party applications such as Gmail, Outlook, Spark, Slack, Microsoft Teams, Google Calendar, Microsoft365, GitHub, Asana, Trello, Zapier, and Zendesk.
MeisterTask’s pricing is split across four plans: a free basic plan, a pro plan, a business plan, and an enterprise plan determined by a quote.
- The basic plan is free and suitable for handling simple and fun tasks.
- The pro plan offers powerful integrations & workflow automation.
- The business plan is suitable for group sharing & sophisticated permissions.
- The enterprise plan is tailored to meet your company's unique needs.
Try out MeisterTask’s 14-day free trial for getting started.
Simple Online Project Management Software for Mac with Comprehensive Advanced Reports
FunctionFox is a timesheet and project management software that provides you with time tracking and project management tools to keep multiple projects on track, forecast workloads, and reduce communication breakdowns.
- Easy To Use: FunctionFox presents you with easy-to-use production schedules, calendars, project email alerts, and progress reports to monitor all your tasks and project workflows.
- Advanced Reports: As a team leader or business owner, you have access to advanced reporting capabilities through comprehensive reports, interactive charts, and a CEO Desktop feature to keep track of all important metrics.
- Timely alerts
- Resource management
- Comprehensive reports
- Free demo
FunctionFox offers its services through three plans: a classic plan, a premier plan, and an in-house plan.
- The classic plan offers timesheet and project tracking features.
- The premier plan offers advanced project management features.
- The in-house plan is best for in-house creative teams.
Try out FunctionFox’s 14-day free trial to test if this project management software is suitable for the needs of your team.
Top Project Management Tool for Mac with Advanced Document Management Feature
HyperOffice is a work management system, project tracking software, and task scheduling solution trusted by NASA and Canon.
- Customizations: Relating to your project requirements, tools, and permissions, HyperOffice equips you with a completely customizable workspace where you change the color scheme, layout, tools, and organization of your framework.
- Advanced Document Management: With HyperOffice, you have access to document management features such as granular user access management, version control, and notifications on editions, as well as messages and comments on documents.
- Team wikis
- Document versioning and locking
- Greatly customizable workspaces
- Free trial
Pricing is split into four plans which include an Atlas plan, uShare.to plan, WorkMap standard plan, and WorkMap Enterprise plan determined by a quote.
- The atlas plan offers document management, online project management, and shared calendar features.
- The uShare.to plan offers video/audio meetings, a website video chat widget, and group chat features.
- The WorkMap standard plan offers 15000 records per user, 5GB storage per user, and 24/7 standard support.
- The WorkMap enterprise plan offers unlimited records per user, 20GB storage per user, 24/7 priority support, and a dedicated client success manager.
Try out HyperOffice’s 15-day free trial with no credit card required.
Best Project Management Tool for Mac with Highly-Secured Collaborations
Workzone is an award-winning cloud-based project management solution presenting you with world-class support and helping you deliver projects on time.
- Secure Collaborations: With WorkZone, you and other team members work together to request, share, review, and approve documents through a secure cloud communication platform.
- Automatic email reminders
- Great customer servicing
- File versioning
- Custom branding
- API access
WorkZone offers three pricing plans: a team plan, professional plan, and enterprise plan charged per user.
- The team plan offers project management and collaboration tools for teams of five or more users.
- The professional plan offers advanced project management features for teams.
- The enterprise plan offers endless customization for large teams and organizations.
Try out Workzone’s free demo to see its rich project management features in action.
25. Yanado Task
Best Project Management Tool For Mac with Comprehensive Email-In Options
Trusted by over 30,000 companies worldwide, Yanado enables you to manage your teamwork from Gmail, alongside your sales, marketing, customer support, and operations workflows.
- Emails To Task: Yanado allows you to create tasks, add them to projects, and set reminders with a single click directly from your email. You also receive real-time notifications and updates directly in your Gmail.
- Tags: You have access to tags that help you improve the search for an organization of your tasks.
- Custom statuses and fields
- Easy task management
- Useful reports
- 14-day free trial
Yanado Task makes four plans available to you: a free plan, a startup plan, a premium plan, and an enterprise plan.
- The free plan offers unlimited tasks and is best for users just getting started.
- The startup plan is suitable for startups and small businesses in need of a simple and affordable project management plan.
- The premium plan is best for growing teams in need of advanced project management features.
- The enterprise plan is ideal for companies and organizations in need of custom integrations and unlimited project management features.
Try out Yanado Task’s 14-day free trial available on all its paid plans.
26. Project Online
Top-Rated Project Management Platform with Highly Scalable Pricing Scheme
Initially launched way back in 1984, Project Online is a service that offers full portfolio and project management tools to easily plan projects and collaborate virtually.
- Insight: Project Online presents you with key insights into projects, workflow, and resources, giving you a chance to effectively increase productivity.
- Educational Knowledge Base: You have access to a collection of educational materials to improve your project management skills which include an online project academy, role-based learning paths, webinars, and instructor-led courses.
- Quality support base
- Free trial
- A highly scalable pricing scheme
You have access to Project Online through three cloud-based solutions, which include collaboration, team, and managers’ plans.
- The collaboration plan is free and provides you with basic project management collaboration tools.
- The team plan is suitable for teams who want to enjoy advanced project management collaboration tools.
- The managers’ plan is best for project managers in need of a powerful and comprehensive project management solution.
Try out Project Online’s 30-day free trial to find out if it is suitable for your project needs.
27. Tom’s Planner
Leading Project Management Solution for Mac with Dedicated Gantt Chart Maker
- Gantt Chart: Tom’s Planner offers you its platform to create and share professional Gantt charts in minutes, with these easy-to-use charts coming with drag and drop capabilities, multiple pre-built templates, and high timeline visibility.
- Easy to use
- You save 50% with a corporate account
Tom’s Planner is available to you through a free personal plan, a professional plan, and an unlimited plan. You save 25% on an annual subscription.
- The personal plan is free and suitable for those just getting started with Tom’s Planner.
- The professional plan is suitable for growing teams.
- The unlimited plan is best for teams with large project management needs.
Try out its 14-day free trial to test if it is a good fit for your project management needs.
Best Project Management Software for Mac with Comprehensive Dashboard
- Centralized Intuitive Dashboard: Basecamp presents you with a dashboard where you have access to messages, to-do lists, group chats, activity logs, files, and schedules. You also have access to automatic check-ins through this same dashboard.
- Mobile applications for Android and iOS devices
- Fully dedicated to a remote working environment
- 30-day free trial
Basecamp offers a flat fee of $99 per month which includes every feature, unlimited projects, unlimited users, and no per-user fees. Try out Basecamp’s 30-day free trial to get started.
29. Pivotal Tracker
Most Suitable Project Management Application for Software Development Teams with High Activity Transparency
Pivotal Tracker is a straightforward project-planning tool for software development teams, equipping you with dynamic tools to plan, track, analyze, and deliver projects.
- Transparent Team View: You have a clear and complete overview of every team member’s activity in real-time including information about responsibility, status, and future workloads.
- Project prioritization
- Shared backlog
- 30-day free trial
Mainly determined by the number of collaborators involved and coming alongside a free plan, the cost of Pivotal Tracker’s services is spread across a startup plan, a standard plan, and an enterprise plan.
- The free plan supports between 1 and 5 collaborators.
- The startup plan supports between 6 and 10 collaborators.
- The standard plan supports 11+ collaborators.
- The enterprise plan supports any number of collaborators.
Try Pivotal Tracker’s 30-day free plan to get started.
Affordable Mac-friendly Project Management Software for Software Developers
Backlog is a project and code management platform trusted by over 10,000 companies worldwide, including Adobe.
- Bug Tracking: With Backlog, your team has access to effective issue and bug tracking tools to easily locate and get rid of bugs from your workflow.
- Enhanced Project Visibility: Your projects are visualized through boards, Gantt charts, burndown charts, and Git graphs.
- Custom fields
- Multiple integrations
- Useful task organization options
Alongside a free plan, Backlog is available to you through a starter plan, popular standard plan, and premium plan.
- The free plan is best for users just getting started with Backlog.
- The starter plan offers basic project management features for up to 30 users.
- The standard plan offers more project management features for unlimited users.
- The premium plan offers advanced project management features for unlimited users with Gantt charts.
Try out Backlog’s 30-day free trial to enjoy its project management features for free.
Best Mac-friendly Project Management Solution with High Data Security and Quality Risk Management Options
Targetprocess is an agile project management platform trusted by Chevron and NHS, presenting you with SAFe and LeSS frameworks, as well as an option to implement your own framework to achieve business agility.
- High Security: You enjoy enterprise-grade security and hosting compliant with GDPR and ISO27001 standards.
- Quality Integrations: Targetprocess integrates with Azure, JIRA, GitLab, GitHub, and Zendesk to provide you with high project transparency and continuous delivery.
- OKRs: Set, track, and manage OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) for your project, team, and company.
- Value stream management
- Kanban boards
- Effective risk management solutions
Pricing is determined once you contact Targetprocess representatives.
Top Mac-friendly Project Management Software with Dedicated Kanban Platform
- Visibility: Kanbanize provides you with multiple forecasting tools to track, update, automatically generate reports, and gain high visibility into your project portfolios.
- Workflow automation
- High transparency
- Prioritization options
- Free trial
Kanbanize is available to you either through a standard plan or enterprise plan.
- The standard plan offers you more visibility across all projects and keeps teams aligned to your pre-set strategy.
- The enterprise plan offers you advanced project management features for large and complex projects and teams.
Try out Kanbanize’s 30-day free trial to get started.
Best Project Management Software for Mac with Vast Collection Of Dedicated Templates
Trello is a web-based, Kanban-style, and list-making application trusted by over 1 million teams and companies worldwide, including popular brands like Google and Squarespace.
- Templates: For project management, Trello equips you with dedicated templates to quickly create your framework. These include templates for client workflow management to advanced budgeting and tracking templates to templates for governmental projects, among a lot of others.
- A vast collection of templates
- High-quality integrations
- Mobile applications available on Apple Store and Google Playstore
Four plans are made available to you: a free plan, standard plan, premium plan, and enterprise plan charged per user.
- The free plan is suitable for teams and individuals just starting with Trello.
- The standard plan is best for teams in need of more work and scale collaboration tools.
- The premium plan is great for teams that need to track multiple projects across different views.
- The enterprise plan is ideal for organizations in need of advanced customization, security, and controls.
Try out Trello’s 14-day free trial.
Key Features Mac Users Should Look For in Project Management Software
Mac users enjoy the great features that come with their devices. While choosing a project management software, you do not want your seamless Mac experience disrupted by poorly built tools and software. What are the key features to look out for to ensure your whole project management needs are fully covered?
1. Advanced Features
When talking about project management and the importance of project delivery to your business's goals, the number of features you have available to you is very crucial. You want all the possibilities available tools at your disposal.
What this points out is that tools additionally offering you advanced features for scheduling, task allocation, skills tracking, resource management, and forecasting are great options. These features include auto-scheduling, advanced reporting, and a vast selection of boards, charts, calendars, and task dependencies to visualize and properly plan your project timeline and framework.
With multiple high-level integrations, you do not just increase your project management functionality. Integrations also serve as means to properly streamline your whole project, work, and business management workflow.
For instance, some project management tools allow you to import data from third-party project management tools and platforms through integrations with them. You also get to incorporate advanced dedicated functionalities into your workspace for cloud storage, communications, file sharing, and client management.
Choosing a tool with vast integrations means managing and streamlining all your business workflows on a centralized workspace.
3. Advanced Reporting And Alerting System
Access to features like automated progress and KPI tracking and reporting is important to your entire project management workflow.
An overview of your active and completed tasks, project progress, estimated completion time, among others saves you time on gathering data and compiling reports. You also avoid unwanted bottlenecks that could prove devastating.
An accompanying intelligent alerting system makes your whole project management process even more risk-free. You receive notifications about your KPI (Key Performance Indicator) or KRI (Key Risk Indicator) and gear project delivery processes towards where you need them to be.
4. Great UI and UX
Software for project management presenting you with a great user experience helps you mitigate the amount of stress you get from an already tedious work management activity.
Coupled with an intuitive interface without much clutter and requiring a very minimal learning curve, you want to choose a tool that comes with drag and drop functionality for easy project editing, a centralized workspace, and great customer support services.
Having access to mobile applications makes the whole experience all the more convenient. You manage your projects and tasks and collaborate with your team members from anywhere and at any time.
Finally, the cost of the tool you wish to use matters. You have a budget, one you probably have to religiously adhere to based on your projected expenses and returns. Project management software comes through different solutions and at different prices.
While a tool offers you sufficient features on a free or low-priced plan, another may require you to pay high to enjoy access to features you can work with. What do you do? You determine your project management needs, compare plans from different tools provided to you on our list, and select the lowest-priced plan that covers these needs. This ensures that you get the best value for money.
Which Project Management Software for Mac Should I Try?
The best project management software for Mac you should try depends on your project needs and the required features that suit those needs. You should also consider other features such as advanced features, costs, integrations, advanced reporting and alerting system, and great UI and UX.
- If you are searching for a project management application for Mac with a highly interactive and easy-to-use dashboard, you should try Monday.com, Celoxis, ProofHub, ClickUp, Clarizen, and Workzone.
- If you need a project management software for Mac with powerful AI tools, choose Wrike, Teamwork, and Workfront.
- If you are searching for a project management software to efficiently plan your workflow, you should try Asana, Hive, Hygger, Airtable, HyperOffice, Yanado Task, MeisterTask, Nifty, and Mavenlink.
- If you are a software developer searching for a project management application for Mac for tracking and recording bugs, you should try Backlog, Pivotal Tracker, and Axosoft.
- If you need a Mac-friendly project management platform for analyzing your team’s performance with an advanced reporting and alerting system, you should try Scoro, Paymo, Basecamp, and FunctionFox.
- If you are looking for a Mac-friendly project management software for small businesses, you should try Bitrix24, Zoho Projects, Trello, and Project Online.
- If you are searching for a project management solution for Mac with a dedicated Kanban platform, you should try Kanbanize.
- If you are searching for a project management tool for Mac with a dedicated Gantt chart marker, you should try Tom’s Planner.
- If you need a project management tool for Mac with high data security features, you should try Kissflow and Targetprocess.
Overall, consider trying out the free plan or the basic plan of any Mac-friendly project management software that provides the features you need.